Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Wind Bound (Private)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
@ZenithDragon

Tendon sank his claws into the sun-hardened dirt as a furry caribbean head poked through the grass. He watched the tundra, ears straining to catch any other sound in the area.
Make a move, and Tendon will flay you, the mirror thought, hard crimson gaze fixed on the tundra's pale green ones.

Instead of addressing the tundra, Ripley struggled to face her ally. "You need to calm down or you're going to get us killed," she stated matter-of-fact. It was for show, mostly.
She didn't wait to see if he, at least, visibly relaxed. Her attention turned towards the tundra. The dragon's scent was thick of male though the mane of fur was an obvious giveaway. Aside from that, she only smelled the sweet scent that Wind dragons often carried. It was almost sickening how much it differed from the salty air they were accustomed to.
"I'm sorry," she said, her voice soft as she bowed her head. Tendon, as far she knew, had no history of living with a clan while she'd lived with one until she was considered old enough to make her own life choices. If they appealed to this dragon's good side maybe they had a chance at seeing another day and getting back to their ship. That was, of course, if Tendon listened to her.
"He's a little tense considering our current state," Ripley started, nodding towards Tendon. "My friend and I are lost and," she said, her gaze drifting to her broken hind leg. "Are marooned and can't go very far with this. Is there any way we could ask you for help or, at least, let us pass through your territory?" she asked, trying to keep her tone light and friendly.
@ZenithDragon

Tendon sank his claws into the sun-hardened dirt as a furry caribbean head poked through the grass. He watched the tundra, ears straining to catch any other sound in the area.
Make a move, and Tendon will flay you, the mirror thought, hard crimson gaze fixed on the tundra's pale green ones.

Instead of addressing the tundra, Ripley struggled to face her ally. "You need to calm down or you're going to get us killed," she stated matter-of-fact. It was for show, mostly.
She didn't wait to see if he, at least, visibly relaxed. Her attention turned towards the tundra. The dragon's scent was thick of male though the mane of fur was an obvious giveaway. Aside from that, she only smelled the sweet scent that Wind dragons often carried. It was almost sickening how much it differed from the salty air they were accustomed to.
"I'm sorry," she said, her voice soft as she bowed her head. Tendon, as far she knew, had no history of living with a clan while she'd lived with one until she was considered old enough to make her own life choices. If they appealed to this dragon's good side maybe they had a chance at seeing another day and getting back to their ship. That was, of course, if Tendon listened to her.
"He's a little tense considering our current state," Ripley started, nodding towards Tendon. "My friend and I are lost and," she said, her gaze drifting to her broken hind leg. "Are marooned and can't go very far with this. Is there any way we could ask you for help or, at least, let us pass through your territory?" she asked, trying to keep her tone light and friendly.
Cap'n o' th' Crowned Thresher
Pirates Risin'
(Public lore regardin' pirates o' Sornieth)
Below Deck! (Personal Lore Thread)
@Firefeather

Gavis visibly relaxed, seeing that this was quite serious. "Understandable." He nodded. "You did get "marooned" on our territory." He didn't even know what that was, this "maroon". Regardless of what it meant, it couldn't be more obvious that the female mirror had a severe injury from whatever happened and the male was simply defending her. "And...I suppose you can take refuge at our clan's lair." Simply granting them passage through might've caused the female's injury to become worse. And that was something he couldn't have on his conscience.

"We don't live far from here. I'm leading a gathering party. We could regroup and head straight back to our lair." Well, at least the male didn't appear malnourished or lacking in his monthly quota for meat. So hopefully he'd relax upon seeing that his own clan mate was in no danger now.
@Firefeather

Gavis visibly relaxed, seeing that this was quite serious. "Understandable." He nodded. "You did get "marooned" on our territory." He didn't even know what that was, this "maroon". Regardless of what it meant, it couldn't be more obvious that the female mirror had a severe injury from whatever happened and the male was simply defending her. "And...I suppose you can take refuge at our clan's lair." Simply granting them passage through might've caused the female's injury to become worse. And that was something he couldn't have on his conscience.

"We don't live far from here. I'm leading a gathering party. We could regroup and head straight back to our lair." Well, at least the male didn't appear malnourished or lacking in his monthly quota for meat. So hopefully he'd relax upon seeing that his own clan mate was in no danger now.
@ZenithDragon

Ripley almost breathed a sigh of relief at his offer. She'd have been content if they were granted passage through, but she was more than relieved that they were kind enough to let them stay with the clan for the time being.
"May the gods look favorably upon you today," she responded warmly. The statement was generic and something she'd started to use once she became a pirate. It owed no allegiance to a particular deity and occasionally became something of a joke among the crew. After all, what sort of god would allow pirates to steal from any and every Flight for their own gain?
She started to get up, the pain from her broken leg intensifying two-fold as she did. Suddenly, though, the leathery smell enveloped her as Tendon came to her aid to help her to her feet.
A look at him told her that he still wasn't content with the idea of taking shelter with a clan. His crimson gaze burned with wariness and unwelcome, but at least he had stopped drooling for the most part.

He might have been calmer but there was more going on than simply attending to Ripley and keeping an eye on the friendly tundra. Rather, the minor discomfort he'd felt before in his stomach was worsening and amplifying his mood. He shoved it off as potential bloat of some sort but either way, he had more important things to concern himself with. It just wasn't helping his mood at all.

When Ripley was heavily leaning on Tendon and prepared to move she looked towards the tundra. "Alright, then, lead the way...?" she trailed off, hoping to encourage the tundra to introduce himself and his clanmates.
@ZenithDragon

Ripley almost breathed a sigh of relief at his offer. She'd have been content if they were granted passage through, but she was more than relieved that they were kind enough to let them stay with the clan for the time being.
"May the gods look favorably upon you today," she responded warmly. The statement was generic and something she'd started to use once she became a pirate. It owed no allegiance to a particular deity and occasionally became something of a joke among the crew. After all, what sort of god would allow pirates to steal from any and every Flight for their own gain?
She started to get up, the pain from her broken leg intensifying two-fold as she did. Suddenly, though, the leathery smell enveloped her as Tendon came to her aid to help her to her feet.
A look at him told her that he still wasn't content with the idea of taking shelter with a clan. His crimson gaze burned with wariness and unwelcome, but at least he had stopped drooling for the most part.

He might have been calmer but there was more going on than simply attending to Ripley and keeping an eye on the friendly tundra. Rather, the minor discomfort he'd felt before in his stomach was worsening and amplifying his mood. He shoved it off as potential bloat of some sort but either way, he had more important things to concern himself with. It just wasn't helping his mood at all.

When Ripley was heavily leaning on Tendon and prepared to move she looked towards the tundra. "Alright, then, lead the way...?" she trailed off, hoping to encourage the tundra to introduce himself and his clanmates.
Pirates Risin'
@Firefeather (uh, yeah btw the small amount of spores inhaled by Tendon would've lost its effect relatively quickly. Idk if he's still growing, but I just thought I'd point that out to avoid any confusion)

Gavis tilted his head at the comment. Most dragons sent words of good will from their own god, not all of the gods in general. And the way she said it sounded odd, almost like it was a common thing rather than just a spur of the moment thank-goodness-I'm-getting-care-for-my-leg saying.

And when she tried to stand, instinct immediately willed him to go over and help. But her companion saw to that. He wasn't sure he'd have let him help her anyway. In any case, while Ripley was being helped up, he rallied his two companions and apprised them of the situation.

At the offer to lead Gavis bowed his head. "Gavis." He said. "Warrior of the Limitless Clan." He nodded to the snapper "That's Terrence, an alchemist." The snapper bowed his plump head in greeting. "And that's Xyron, a medicine dragon."

"Though I fight on occasion too!" Xyron bopped his head, not wanting to be made out to be some dragon who hung around the lair all day.

Gavis shook his head sighing. It was true, while the clan didn't consist purely of warriors, everyone had a degree of fighting skill, be it melee combat or magic. However, that didn't mean there wasn't a reason Xyron wasn't a full fledged warrior. "Anyway." He continued "We have more dragon's with medical knowledge back at the lair, so we should best get going." He started to lead the way, pausing and wondering if he should ask for their names in return.
@Firefeather (uh, yeah btw the small amount of spores inhaled by Tendon would've lost its effect relatively quickly. Idk if he's still growing, but I just thought I'd point that out to avoid any confusion)

Gavis tilted his head at the comment. Most dragons sent words of good will from their own god, not all of the gods in general. And the way she said it sounded odd, almost like it was a common thing rather than just a spur of the moment thank-goodness-I'm-getting-care-for-my-leg saying.

And when she tried to stand, instinct immediately willed him to go over and help. But her companion saw to that. He wasn't sure he'd have let him help her anyway. In any case, while Ripley was being helped up, he rallied his two companions and apprised them of the situation.

At the offer to lead Gavis bowed his head. "Gavis." He said. "Warrior of the Limitless Clan." He nodded to the snapper "That's Terrence, an alchemist." The snapper bowed his plump head in greeting. "And that's Xyron, a medicine dragon."

"Though I fight on occasion too!" Xyron bopped his head, not wanting to be made out to be some dragon who hung around the lair all day.

Gavis shook his head sighing. It was true, while the clan didn't consist purely of warriors, everyone had a degree of fighting skill, be it melee combat or magic. However, that didn't mean there wasn't a reason Xyron wasn't a full fledged warrior. "Anyway." He continued "We have more dragon's with medical knowledge back at the lair, so we should best get going." He started to lead the way, pausing and wondering if he should ask for their names in return.
@ZenithDragon

(Ah, thankee kindly fer informin' me! Aye, I wasna sure 'ow long that might last 'r t' th' extent it might go. I'll remember it fer future ref'rence though. Also, should ye fancy, we can jump ahead t' yer lair.)

Ripley looked at each dragon in turn, smirking when Xyron made a remark about fighting. If the dragon had been on their ship, his spirit would've been put to the test quickly. Nonetheless, she was grateful for these dragons and had no intention on sabotaging the relationship yet with any bits of their own past.
When they started moving, she was careful to put as much pressure on her other legs as possible though the pain continued to throb like a vibrant heartbeat. At least the talking would distract her from it for the most part.
"I'm Ripley and this," she paused to grit her teeth before continuing. "Is Tendon," she introduced, avoiding any ideas of ranks or where they were from. Hopefully, Tendon held a similar thought. If they had a chance to be alone, she would suggest what she'd had in mind when they first caught sight of other dragons: They were from a wandering clan. It would explain the salty scent and their clothing for the most part.

Tendon seemed to ignore Ripley's introduction of them, not saying a word or bowing. Instead, he watched the three of them in turn as he supported his shipmate. The skins he wore were giving him a hard time breathing through his nostrils, a suffering he brought upon himself intentionally to dry the saliva in his mouth and keep him from drooling. The only side effects it produced was a soft hiss between his teeth when his mouth was shut. So he walked with his mouth slightly open to avoid any more trouble than they'd have to endure with the clan.

"How far is your lair from here?" Ripley asked, glancing around. It was the first time she had a decent look around since they'd had to stop to avoid being seen before.
@ZenithDragon

(Ah, thankee kindly fer informin' me! Aye, I wasna sure 'ow long that might last 'r t' th' extent it might go. I'll remember it fer future ref'rence though. Also, should ye fancy, we can jump ahead t' yer lair.)

Ripley looked at each dragon in turn, smirking when Xyron made a remark about fighting. If the dragon had been on their ship, his spirit would've been put to the test quickly. Nonetheless, she was grateful for these dragons and had no intention on sabotaging the relationship yet with any bits of their own past.
When they started moving, she was careful to put as much pressure on her other legs as possible though the pain continued to throb like a vibrant heartbeat. At least the talking would distract her from it for the most part.
"I'm Ripley and this," she paused to grit her teeth before continuing. "Is Tendon," she introduced, avoiding any ideas of ranks or where they were from. Hopefully, Tendon held a similar thought. If they had a chance to be alone, she would suggest what she'd had in mind when they first caught sight of other dragons: They were from a wandering clan. It would explain the salty scent and their clothing for the most part.

Tendon seemed to ignore Ripley's introduction of them, not saying a word or bowing. Instead, he watched the three of them in turn as he supported his shipmate. The skins he wore were giving him a hard time breathing through his nostrils, a suffering he brought upon himself intentionally to dry the saliva in his mouth and keep him from drooling. The only side effects it produced was a soft hiss between his teeth when his mouth was shut. So he walked with his mouth slightly open to avoid any more trouble than they'd have to endure with the clan.

"How far is your lair from here?" Ripley asked, glancing around. It was the first time she had a decent look around since they'd had to stop to avoid being seen before.
Pirates Risin'
@FireFeather (np, I'll be sure to better specify the effects of my dragons' powers before hand, as the spore effects and duration can vary. Weight gain's just the default effect and the spores are less...aggressive atm I suppose. And sure ^^ I mean unless they're going to chat along the way)

Gavis again picked up on the quirk in Ripley's speech. It sounded like she was hiding something...then again it could've just been the pain making her grit her teeth. Still, it wasn't as if their clan had secrets they didn't want to share...and these dragons would hopefully remain ignorant of them during their stay here.

Xyron, however, seemed intent on letting them know he was a special. He hung near Tendon quite curious of him. He seemed...so strange. And of course, the young and curious mirror wanted to learn more about him. To stay on good terms with Gavis though, he remained silent. Didn't want him to go blathering about how he pestered the new dragons to Lief again...

"Not far." Gavis answered. This quest was a test of sorts for him. So he didn't take his group too far from...what seemed to be an ordinary cave in the cliffs of the Ascent. And it was guarded by a very wide and rotund fire snapper, whose coloration gave away his flight as much as his eyes did and a bloated looking red and white ridgeback who bristled as he saw the group approach.

"Hm?" The snapper looked up. "Whats this?"

"We found them while we were out gathering, Searus. The female has an injured leg and we'd like to take the in to see Jaden." Gavis quickly explained. "I will, of course, apprise Lief of their arrival and our return."

Sears appeared to ponder if over while the ridgeback watched them. "I suppose its alright." He moved aside to lead the group pass.
@FireFeather (np, I'll be sure to better specify the effects of my dragons' powers before hand, as the spore effects and duration can vary. Weight gain's just the default effect and the spores are less...aggressive atm I suppose. And sure ^^ I mean unless they're going to chat along the way)

Gavis again picked up on the quirk in Ripley's speech. It sounded like she was hiding something...then again it could've just been the pain making her grit her teeth. Still, it wasn't as if their clan had secrets they didn't want to share...and these dragons would hopefully remain ignorant of them during their stay here.

Xyron, however, seemed intent on letting them know he was a special. He hung near Tendon quite curious of him. He seemed...so strange. And of course, the young and curious mirror wanted to learn more about him. To stay on good terms with Gavis though, he remained silent. Didn't want him to go blathering about how he pestered the new dragons to Lief again...

"Not far." Gavis answered. This quest was a test of sorts for him. So he didn't take his group too far from...what seemed to be an ordinary cave in the cliffs of the Ascent. And it was guarded by a very wide and rotund fire snapper, whose coloration gave away his flight as much as his eyes did and a bloated looking red and white ridgeback who bristled as he saw the group approach.

"Hm?" The snapper looked up. "Whats this?"

"We found them while we were out gathering, Searus. The female has an injured leg and we'd like to take the in to see Jaden." Gavis quickly explained. "I will, of course, apprise Lief of their arrival and our return."

Sears appeared to ponder if over while the ridgeback watched them. "I suppose its alright." He moved aside to lead the group pass.
@ZenithDragon (Thankee kindly. Unfortunately, though, I also didna read inna Xyron's powers before'and.
I've a quarrel with neither. I only suggest forwardin' time in certain cases t' avoid overly drawn-out scenarios. Yet it seems ye've nary a need t' appeal t' that 'ere.)

Tendon was tense. This was unfamiliar territory to him and even when they docked at the auction house, he at least knew his surroundings. Nobody usually pestered a pirate and few clans roved about the more public areas around the auction house. Whenever they ran into clans, it was to pillage and lay waste to them. Now the tides were turned.
A lingering presence nearby told him the purple dragon, Xyron hadn't found something better to do or someplace better to be. The flowery scent the male carried was starting to cause Tendon to salivate. He wasn't fond of it so he took deep long-lasting breaths to avoid inhaling the scent more then he had to.
As they approached the pair that stood in front of a cave, Tendon watched them like a hawk. If only Ripley hadn't fallen out of the crow's nest they wouldn't be here!

"Thank you," Ripley nodded to the orange snapper. Her gaze went to Gavis once more. "Should this become too much of a disturbance, having us here among your clan, we can leave," she explained trying to keep the mood light and friendly. Unfortunately, her companion wasn't making matters any better and it was starting to irritate her.
She turned her attention to Xyron though she couldn't see him past Tendon. "We have something of a medicine dragon too. Her name is Lana. She's also very good at mending wounds," she explained, pausing once to suck in breath between her teeth because she'd stepped wrong.
@ZenithDragon (Thankee kindly. Unfortunately, though, I also didna read inna Xyron's powers before'and.
I've a quarrel with neither. I only suggest forwardin' time in certain cases t' avoid overly drawn-out scenarios. Yet it seems ye've nary a need t' appeal t' that 'ere.)

Tendon was tense. This was unfamiliar territory to him and even when they docked at the auction house, he at least knew his surroundings. Nobody usually pestered a pirate and few clans roved about the more public areas around the auction house. Whenever they ran into clans, it was to pillage and lay waste to them. Now the tides were turned.
A lingering presence nearby told him the purple dragon, Xyron hadn't found something better to do or someplace better to be. The flowery scent the male carried was starting to cause Tendon to salivate. He wasn't fond of it so he took deep long-lasting breaths to avoid inhaling the scent more then he had to.
As they approached the pair that stood in front of a cave, Tendon watched them like a hawk. If only Ripley hadn't fallen out of the crow's nest they wouldn't be here!

"Thank you," Ripley nodded to the orange snapper. Her gaze went to Gavis once more. "Should this become too much of a disturbance, having us here among your clan, we can leave," she explained trying to keep the mood light and friendly. Unfortunately, her companion wasn't making matters any better and it was starting to irritate her.
She turned her attention to Xyron though she couldn't see him past Tendon. "We have something of a medicine dragon too. Her name is Lana. She's also very good at mending wounds," she explained, pausing once to suck in breath between her teeth because she'd stepped wrong.
Pirates Risin'
@Firefeather (Ah np,)

Gavis shook his head "I don't foresee either of you being a disturbance." He stated. "I can't speak for Lief, our clan leader, but..." Well they did get drifters and lost hatchlings who had no clan, so a new face wasn't all to uncommon around here. At Ripley sucking in air, he motioned toward a wide stairwell. "Right now we should just focus on getting you to Jaden." He started to lead the way up.

"Yeah! You'll love it here in the meantime. There's lots of good food, good dragons and other cools stuff!" Xyron piped in, resisting the urge to brush up against Tendon. Having not realized his folly, he simply presumed Tendon was another mirror who proved himself a masterful hunter, so much so that his body had combatted the raging metabolism mirrors were known for and began adding on surplus weight form each hunt....or he was just a food-loving dragon living off the good food of a master chef like him. Gavis meanwhile just sighed, not liking the idea of strange dragons sticking around unless they were becoming members of the clan.

"Ehem, my experience isn't in the field of medicine, but Xyron is right." Terrence added "You should probably stay here a few days until you're leg recovers to avoid worsening the injury." It was just common sense and he hoped the mirror pair would agree.
@Firefeather (Ah np,)

Gavis shook his head "I don't foresee either of you being a disturbance." He stated. "I can't speak for Lief, our clan leader, but..." Well they did get drifters and lost hatchlings who had no clan, so a new face wasn't all to uncommon around here. At Ripley sucking in air, he motioned toward a wide stairwell. "Right now we should just focus on getting you to Jaden." He started to lead the way up.

"Yeah! You'll love it here in the meantime. There's lots of good food, good dragons and other cools stuff!" Xyron piped in, resisting the urge to brush up against Tendon. Having not realized his folly, he simply presumed Tendon was another mirror who proved himself a masterful hunter, so much so that his body had combatted the raging metabolism mirrors were known for and began adding on surplus weight form each hunt....or he was just a food-loving dragon living off the good food of a master chef like him. Gavis meanwhile just sighed, not liking the idea of strange dragons sticking around unless they were becoming members of the clan.

"Ehem, my experience isn't in the field of medicine, but Xyron is right." Terrence added "You should probably stay here a few days until you're leg recovers to avoid worsening the injury." It was just common sense and he hoped the mirror pair would agree.
@ZenithDragon

(I'd fancy lettin' ye know that Tendon isna one o' round girth normally. That was 'is initial reaction t' th' lad's spore cloud, heh.)

"Right," Ripley muttered in agreement with both Terrence and Gavis. She braced herself for the upcoming ascent but she was sure that wouldn't be enough. Gods, please, let there be all that and more at the top of these stairs, she thought, as the idea of food made her mouth water. How long had it been since they'd ended up in the Windswept Plateau? Better yet, how long had it been since they'd eaten?

Tendon shot a concerned glance towards Ripley as they approached the steps. "The pair will stay as long as it takes for Ripley to heal and walk freely," he stated firmly. It was the first time he'd spoken since they'd been found in the field and yet he still felt like it was too much. His attention flicked towards Xyron. "How many of this clan's dragons are like the purple mirror?" he pried, drool dangling from his chin as he spoke.

Ripley's eyes widened at Tendon's question. "Watch your tongue, Tendon! We have them to be grateful for," she snapped, feeling her muscles starting to burn from the strain. If he kept this up, they might as well have rolled over and welcomed the dragons to slicing open their bellies.

"Not yet," he muttered, though it wasn't quite as quiet as RIpley wished it had been.

She shot him a scathing look. If they made it out of here alive, she'd flay him and his false skins as soon as they were out of the territory.
@ZenithDragon

(I'd fancy lettin' ye know that Tendon isna one o' round girth normally. That was 'is initial reaction t' th' lad's spore cloud, heh.)

"Right," Ripley muttered in agreement with both Terrence and Gavis. She braced herself for the upcoming ascent but she was sure that wouldn't be enough. Gods, please, let there be all that and more at the top of these stairs, she thought, as the idea of food made her mouth water. How long had it been since they'd ended up in the Windswept Plateau? Better yet, how long had it been since they'd eaten?

Tendon shot a concerned glance towards Ripley as they approached the steps. "The pair will stay as long as it takes for Ripley to heal and walk freely," he stated firmly. It was the first time he'd spoken since they'd been found in the field and yet he still felt like it was too much. His attention flicked towards Xyron. "How many of this clan's dragons are like the purple mirror?" he pried, drool dangling from his chin as he spoke.

Ripley's eyes widened at Tendon's question. "Watch your tongue, Tendon! We have them to be grateful for," she snapped, feeling her muscles starting to burn from the strain. If he kept this up, they might as well have rolled over and welcomed the dragons to slicing open their bellies.

"Not yet," he muttered, though it wasn't quite as quiet as RIpley wished it had been.

She shot him a scathing look. If they made it out of here alive, she'd flay him and his false skins as soon as they were out of the territory.
Pirates Risin'
@Firefeather (XD I knew that, but Xyron didn't. No one has told him he used his powers on another dragon yet)

Gavis sweat dropped. Everything was on a different floor in fact, the training grounds and some basic dens, including the kitchen, being on the main level, some other utility dens being on the second, living space for small dragons on the third, living space for large dragons on the fourth, and finally the clan leader and other important dens were at the top. Typically, when a dragon received a leg injury or couldn't otherwise move, they were carried up...though he got the feeling Tendon would veto that idea the moment it was uttered. When it came to meals though, they were delivered to any dragon who couldn't otherwise go to the dining den to get it.

Xyron blinked "Well you're not exactly unlike the "purple mirror" buddy." He hissed, taking some offense to that.

Gavis sweat dropped "If you mean round and plump, the general majority of the clan is like that." For what reasons he wouldn't divulge, but for the most part it was due to sheer gluttony or being coaxed to eat more. Other times it was just natural apparently, like for him....ok so he snuck in a few snacks here and there. Nova was a good cook!

He could understand Tendon's apprehension though. Getting treated or having a clanmate treated in a foreign clan would probably set off all kinds of warning bells in most dragons' heads. And it was probably best they got right on their way after Ripley healed.. When they got to the top step, he bowed his head. "I must apprise our clan leader of the situation and our return. If you'll excuse me." He broke off from the group to got to an extravagant looking den.

"Alright," Terrence said with a friendly smile. "Let's get you to Jaden and off that leg."
@Firefeather (XD I knew that, but Xyron didn't. No one has told him he used his powers on another dragon yet)

Gavis sweat dropped. Everything was on a different floor in fact, the training grounds and some basic dens, including the kitchen, being on the main level, some other utility dens being on the second, living space for small dragons on the third, living space for large dragons on the fourth, and finally the clan leader and other important dens were at the top. Typically, when a dragon received a leg injury or couldn't otherwise move, they were carried up...though he got the feeling Tendon would veto that idea the moment it was uttered. When it came to meals though, they were delivered to any dragon who couldn't otherwise go to the dining den to get it.

Xyron blinked "Well you're not exactly unlike the "purple mirror" buddy." He hissed, taking some offense to that.

Gavis sweat dropped "If you mean round and plump, the general majority of the clan is like that." For what reasons he wouldn't divulge, but for the most part it was due to sheer gluttony or being coaxed to eat more. Other times it was just natural apparently, like for him....ok so he snuck in a few snacks here and there. Nova was a good cook!

He could understand Tendon's apprehension though. Getting treated or having a clanmate treated in a foreign clan would probably set off all kinds of warning bells in most dragons' heads. And it was probably best they got right on their way after Ripley healed.. When they got to the top step, he bowed his head. "I must apprise our clan leader of the situation and our return. If you'll excuse me." He broke off from the group to got to an extravagant looking den.

"Alright," Terrence said with a friendly smile. "Let's get you to Jaden and off that leg."
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11