Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Tale of the Absolute [CYOA-RP]
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
@dreamcrafter ((I'm imagining a tower of Fae now. Just so you know.))
@dreamcrafter ((I'm imagining a tower of Fae now. Just so you know.))
fOSQCIF.pngFR+3zzLDnv4.png Stuff I write
@Dreamcrafter

>Garam: Hunting team?Sounds Interesting..
@Dreamcrafter

9rffWp7.pngaWMT9t0.pngezXcb0S.pngfft0ISG.pngF0xe8dU.gifK2bRISJ.pngJeJCbPi.gifmake_a_wish_pink_by_shardlovespotatoes-dbuh5fp.pngfe91xe6.png
@Dreamcrafter ((This is amazing! can you add me to the ping list please?))

>Garam: Ask if the forest is dangerous around here at night.
@Dreamcrafter ((This is amazing! can you add me to the ping list please?))

DmRdZYl.png
@Karika

Added!

I think I'll be writing an update either tonight or tomorrow.
@Karika

Added!

I think I'll be writing an update either tonight or tomorrow.
Tale of the Absolute: A story where you get to control my clan!
[quote name="Kassinator" date=2016-02-01 07:20:41] >Brevayen: Ask more about those shows. They're super interesting! [/quote] You are now [b]Brevayen[/b]. You decide to ask more about the shows the translator mentioned, as you're not interested in combat. You lean down to peer at the translator's head, which you're still perched on. "Um, could you...maybe dismount?" You comply, sliding off the translator's head and plopping on the ground. "That's better. Now... [i]The shows? They're this clan's expertise, more so than mine. There's a few kinds they do, so I've heard, but I've not yet seen all of them. There's your standard plays, comedies, tragedies; there's a few 'magic' shows, which are actually more about sleight of hand and deceit, and there's a few magic shows that are actually about shadow magic. And there's this clan's pride and joy, which is their light and star shows. It's an interpretive show, dedicated to honoring the light of the stars and the darkness of space and the nature of shadows, told through light and shadow and arcane magic. It might be your sort of thing, Fae."[/i] Garam asks if you're done, as she has a few more questions to ask. You say sure, yeah. [quote name="SkyyeofEmber" date=2016-02-01 22:44:27] >Garam: Hunting team?Sounds Interesting.. [/quote] You are now [b]Garam[/b]. You decide to ask how well-equipped their hunting team is. The translator forwards your question to Pavo and Monoceros. They talk for a bit in their strange language; you can piece together a few of the words, though they're very simple ones. You listen carefully. The translator turns back to you. "There's three active members: two for attack, and one for guarding the group and leading the way. They usually make hunts once every two or three days, supplying bigger game; they also guard the harvesting and insect-catching teams while they're out and about. I'm told they're pretty good fighters, but you'd have to ask..." The translator asks Monoceros. "There's a dragon named Cetus who should be in charge of that. He might be out or asleep right now, though." The translator responds. [quote name="SaturdayLemon" date=2016-02-01 07:47:23] >Garam: Ask about the living space. Can't hurt to ask, might even be useful. [/quote] [quote name="Karika" date=2016-02-05 14:45:49] >Garam: Ask if the forest is dangerous around here at night. [/quote] You ask what it's like around here. What are the living conditions like? Is there anything you need to watch out for, any danger in living here? "[i]Well, it would probably be easier for you to look around than for me to say so, but...it's basically a clearing in the forest. Around the edges are a few trees, which mostly serve as a convenient wall more than anything. In the center is a great big gnarled old tree; there's a few rooms dug out of its trunk, and a meeting space on top where the branches start. We also have telescopes set up there to observe the stars. Beneath there's a few more rooms for storing things, which is where I keep my archives at the moment, and some spots for sleeping. Some of the clan likes sleeping in the trees or outside though. As for dangers, well...there's a few dangerous beasts, like Qiriqs and Kamatachis and those blasted crocodiles in the day, but those are mostly manageable with a team of hunters. At night, though...the creatures out there see better than you do, a lot of the time. That's always something to look out for, especially with the coldblooded ones. And then there's the Celestial Wyrms--have you heard of those?[/i]" You shake your head. "[i]Oh, those are nasty beasties. Not surprised you haven't heard of them, they really only spawn here. They're giant centipedes mutated by Arcane and Light magic, and swim through the air like a Spiral. Glowing horns and a hard carapace, and the fury of a purely-magical bound in an imperfect shell. Celestial Wyrms are definitely not worth trifling with, so stay out of the forest at night. And then, of course, there's....[b]The Shade[/b].[/i]" "[b]The Shade[/b]." Even hearing [b]Its[/b] name sends chills down your spine. The incomprehensible [b]Thing[/b] that comes down from the skies at night, destroying anything [b]Its[/b] countless jaws or tendrils touch. Visions of [b]It[/b] flash across your mind, a spectre blacker than the darkest night, an evil silhouette stretching across the sky...It's an instinctual fear that every dragon has, and you are no different. You may be a proud fighter, but [b]The Shade[/b] is... You'd rather not think about it right now. You scan the group of dragons, agitated and nervous. Seems they're all a little shaken too, even Pavo and Monoceros. Perhaps "[b]The Shade[/b]" is a word that's remained the same, even after a thousand years... "Basically," the translator concludes, breaking the tense silence: "Don't go in the forest at night." Pavo and Monoceros head inside their lair, offering a goodbye to the translator. (You might not have heard what they actually said, but their tone sounded like a goodbye, so you assume that's what it is.) You look around one more time. It's gotten awfully dark out. [url=http://i.imgur.com/aULvxU8.png]You're getting quite a bit hungry, too.[/url] [quote name="Kassinator" date=2016-02-01 07:20:41] >Garam: Keep your eyes peeled. This is Shadow territory, and as much as you'd like to trust this babbling old man, shadows are known to keep their secrets... [/quote] "Hey, who said that!" The translator yells into empty space, shouting in Traditional Draconic. "I heard you! I'm not old; I'm [i]wise[/i]! And...I'm middle aged..." The translator turns to face you. "Could have sworn I heard somebody, speaking in Traditional Draconic. It wasn't you, though. Definitely not you...sounded more...ethereal, really, with a faint crackling noise too. Strange." You've been on the look out for danger, and you'll continue to keep your eyes and ears open. You've been listening very closely to the translator and Monoceros's conversations, and you [i]think[/i] you might know a few words of their language--"Common Draconic", they call it. It evolved from your language, after all. Some simple words remain the same, no matter how long it's been. If you can, you'll attempt to translate their language into your own; you'll indicate translated Common Draconic with an [u]underline[/u]. The translator looks up at the sky, now a deep deep shade of violet-black. "I should be turning in soon...it would be an honor if you could join us, you know." [size=4][font=consolas][b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/1644610/13#18145880][color=blue]>Garam: Consider the offer.[/color][/url][/b][/font][/size] -- [size=1] Pinglist: @Cinderrain @Kassinator @Istoki @HalfheartedDoom @AcedExpresso @Gottllieb @LilacsandFreedom @FreefallFlying @Zenhugz @SaturdayLemon @Ellias @SkyyeofEmber @Karika [/size]
Kassinator wrote on 2016-02-01:
>Brevayen: Ask more about those shows. They're super interesting!

You are now Brevayen. You decide to ask more about the shows the translator mentioned, as you're not interested in combat. You lean down to peer at the translator's head, which you're still perched on.

"Um, could you...maybe dismount?"

You comply, sliding off the translator's head and plopping on the ground.

"That's better. Now...

The shows? They're this clan's expertise, more so than mine. There's a few kinds they do, so I've heard, but I've not yet seen all of them. There's your standard plays, comedies, tragedies; there's a few 'magic' shows, which are actually more about sleight of hand and deceit, and there's a few magic shows that are actually about shadow magic.

And there's this clan's pride and joy, which is their light and star shows. It's an interpretive show, dedicated to honoring the light of the stars and the darkness of space and the nature of shadows, told through light and shadow and arcane magic. It might be your sort of thing, Fae."

Garam asks if you're done, as she has a few more questions to ask. You say sure, yeah.
SkyyeofEmber wrote on 2016-02-01:

You are now Garam.

You decide to ask how well-equipped their hunting team is. The translator forwards your question to Pavo and Monoceros. They talk for a bit in their strange language; you can piece together a few of the words, though they're very simple ones. You listen carefully.

The translator turns back to you. "There's three active members: two for attack, and one for guarding the group and leading the way. They usually make hunts once every two or three days, supplying bigger game; they also guard the harvesting and insect-catching teams while they're out and about. I'm told they're pretty good fighters, but you'd have to ask..."

The translator asks Monoceros.

"There's a dragon named Cetus who should be in charge of that. He might be out or asleep right now, though." The translator responds.
SaturdayLemon wrote on 2016-02-01:
>Garam: Ask about the living space. Can't hurt to ask, might even be useful.
Karika wrote on 2016-02-05:

You ask what it's like around here. What are the living conditions like? Is there anything you need to watch out for, any danger in living here?

"Well, it would probably be easier for you to look around than for me to say so, but...it's basically a clearing in the forest. Around the edges are a few trees, which mostly serve as a convenient wall more than anything. In the center is a great big gnarled old tree; there's a few rooms dug out of its trunk, and a meeting space on top where the branches start. We also have telescopes set up there to observe the stars. Beneath there's a few more rooms for storing things, which is where I keep my archives at the moment, and some spots for sleeping. Some of the clan likes sleeping in the trees or outside though.

As for dangers, well...there's a few dangerous beasts, like Qiriqs and Kamatachis and those blasted crocodiles in the day, but those are mostly manageable with a team of hunters. At night, though...the creatures out there see better than you do, a lot of the time. That's always something to look out for, especially with the coldblooded ones. And then there's the Celestial Wyrms--have you heard of those?
"

You shake your head.

"Oh, those are nasty beasties. Not surprised you haven't heard of them, they really only spawn here. They're giant centipedes mutated by Arcane and Light magic, and swim through the air like a Spiral. Glowing horns and a hard carapace, and the fury of a purely-magical bound in an imperfect shell. Celestial Wyrms are definitely not worth trifling with, so stay out of the forest at night.

And then, of course, there's....The Shade.
"

"The Shade." Even hearing Its name sends chills down your spine. The incomprehensible Thing that comes down from the skies at night, destroying anything Its countless jaws or tendrils touch. Visions of It flash across your mind, a spectre blacker than the darkest night, an evil silhouette stretching across the sky...It's an instinctual fear that every dragon has, and you are no different. You may be a proud fighter, but The Shade is...

You'd rather not think about it right now.

You scan the group of dragons, agitated and nervous. Seems they're all a little shaken too, even Pavo and Monoceros. Perhaps "The Shade" is a word that's remained the same, even after a thousand years...

"Basically," the translator concludes, breaking the tense silence: "Don't go in the forest at night."

Pavo and Monoceros head inside their lair, offering a goodbye to the translator. (You might not have heard what they actually said, but their tone sounded like a goodbye, so you assume that's what it is.)

You look around one more time. It's gotten awfully dark out.

You're getting quite a bit hungry, too.
Kassinator wrote on 2016-02-01:
>Garam: Keep your eyes peeled. This is Shadow territory, and as much as you'd like to trust this babbling old man, shadows are known to keep their secrets...

"Hey, who said that!" The translator yells into empty space, shouting in Traditional Draconic. "I heard you! I'm not old; I'm wise! And...I'm middle aged..."

The translator turns to face you. "Could have sworn I heard somebody, speaking in Traditional Draconic. It wasn't you, though. Definitely not you...sounded more...ethereal, really, with a faint crackling noise too. Strange."

You've been on the look out for danger, and you'll continue to keep your eyes and ears open. You've been listening very closely to the translator and Monoceros's conversations, and you think you might know a few words of their language--"Common Draconic", they call it. It evolved from your language, after all. Some simple words remain the same, no matter how long it's been. If you can, you'll attempt to translate their language into your own; you'll indicate translated Common Draconic with an underline.

The translator looks up at the sky, now a deep deep shade of violet-black. "I should be turning in soon...it would be an honor if you could join us, you know."

>Garam: Consider the offer.

--

Pinglist: @Cinderrain @Kassinator @Istoki @HalfheartedDoom @AcedExpresso @Gottllieb @LilacsandFreedom @FreefallFlying @Zenhugz @SaturdayLemon @Ellias @SkyyeofEmber @Karika
@Dreamcrafter

Brevayen > You need food! Ponder the translator's offer.

Garam > You need food! Ponder nibbling the translator.
@Dreamcrafter

Brevayen > You need food! Ponder the translator's offer.

Garam > You need food! Ponder nibbling the translator.
Dom-Shop-Link.png?rlkey=ts1tscej29cs0kt4g6wt9c37d&dl=0.png 1428_150px_istoki_by_miirshroom-dbzlzj5.png Lore-Thread-Link.png?rlkey=clnaiehtq32jzyvwmgq07ek0n&dl=0.png
@dreamcrafter

Brevayen > They appear to be legitimate. Stay long enough to have some dinner. And not have to punch things that come out at night.

Garam > Silently judge the night. You have four eyes. Judge it and find it wanting. (when applicable)
@dreamcrafter

Brevayen > They appear to be legitimate. Stay long enough to have some dinner. And not have to punch things that come out at night.

Garam > Silently judge the night. You have four eyes. Judge it and find it wanting. (when applicable)
fOSQCIF.pngFR+3zzLDnv4.png Stuff I write
((Did I intentionally starve my dragons in order to say that they're hungry?

I mean, it wasn't intentional...heh...))
((Did I intentionally starve my dragons in order to say that they're hungry?

I mean, it wasn't intentional...heh...))
@Dreamcrafter

((Those poor hungry dragons! haha))

>Garam: It sounds very dangerous here, perhaps you should consider if it would be safer to move on rather than linger.
@Dreamcrafter

((Those poor hungry dragons! haha))

>Garam: It sounds very dangerous here, perhaps you should consider if it would be safer to move on rather than linger.
DmRdZYl.png
@Dreamcrafter ((Did you need a food donation?))
@Dreamcrafter ((Did you need a food donation?))
Bk78Myp.png Z3T662y.png FF
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14