Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [RoR] CYWttW Team 8
1 2 3 4 5 6
[center][size=1]@Akal @Stanzascale @Azure @staticmcawesome @surfingpikachu [/size][/center] [center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15705957][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/157060/15705957.png[/img][/url][/center] Sei watched until the Mirror pack disappeared into the distance, lest they decide the tourists might be more useful as a snack. She wondered where they were going and why. [i]More objects to choose from then[/i]. She eyed them critically. She looked from the sword to the glowing emblem, then back again. Surely warding any malevolent spirits away was better than fighting them. But only if it worked. She hadn't liked the untrustworthy glint in the Mirror's eyes when he described the item. She examined the potion. Sei valued her wits above all else, but she also had a rather high estimation of them. She didn't consider herself a [i]lesser dragon[/i], at least not in any way except physical stature. Then again, she was hardly going to run around swinging a sword at spectres. She wasn't even sure she could lift it. Someone else would have to take care of that. Most likely Mirasol, as the largest. But how far could she trust her safety to another? Alternatively, could she afford not to? How far could she get on her own? She decided to add 'Cryptic questions with no good answers' to the list of 'Unsettling Things' in her book. [color=#00CC66]"If someone can wield the sword, it might be a good option,"[/color] she said. [color=#00CC66]"However, if anyone here feels prone to madness we had best take the potion. I for one won't be chasing after anyone who runs off at the sight of a shadow. Might ruin my silks."[/color] She looked at the others, as though assessing which was likely to crack first. She did hope nobody became possessed. She had seen a malevolent spirit exorcised once and it was not pretty. Also,as it was not a new experience it wasn't even good story fodder.

15705957.png

Sei watched until the Mirror pack disappeared into the distance, lest they decide the tourists might be more useful as a snack. She wondered where they were going and why.

More objects to choose from then. She eyed them critically. She looked from the sword to the glowing emblem, then back again. Surely warding any malevolent spirits away was better than fighting them. But only if it worked. She hadn't liked the untrustworthy glint in the Mirror's eyes when he described the item.

She examined the potion. Sei valued her wits above all else, but she also had a rather high estimation of them. She didn't consider herself a lesser dragon, at least not in any way except physical stature.

Then again, she was hardly going to run around swinging a sword at spectres. She wasn't even sure she could lift it. Someone else would have to take care of that. Most likely Mirasol, as the largest. But how far could she trust her safety to another?

Alternatively, could she afford not to? How far could she get on her own?

She decided to add 'Cryptic questions with no good answers' to the list of 'Unsettling Things' in her book.

"If someone can wield the sword, it might be a good option," she said. "However, if anyone here feels prone to madness we had best take the potion. I for one won't be chasing after anyone who runs off at the sight of a shadow. Might ruin my silks."

She looked at the others, as though assessing which was likely to crack first. She did hope nobody became possessed. She had seen a malevolent spirit exorcised once and it was not pretty. Also,as it was not a new experience it wasn't even good story fodder.
FR+18
Gladekeeperbanner_zps21ce84b1.jpeg
[center][size=1]@Akal @Stanzascale @Azure @staticmcawesome @Vil[/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16152383][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/161524/16152383.png[/img][/url][/center] Ah. Decisions, decisions. They seemed to be at a crossroads again. Cytherea was encountering many of those, and yet she wasn't more skilled now to decide than she had been before facing any of them. She quickly gathered her knowledge on the Plague Realm. Dangerous, tough, ruthless. Those were the more flattering adjectives she could think of. The Abiding Boneyard didn't have that name for fun. It [i]was[/i] a boneyard. She knew of thousands of dragons that had gotten lost while crossing it, never to return home to their loved ones. Their spirits now roamed the land, eternally bound to travel without direction. Should they go back home or try to move towards the center of the land? That was the main problem, these spirits would never find peace. Cytherea shuddered, vowing to never let such ill destiny to fall on her. What was the best item to survive, this time? The emblem seemed to carry a high risk, for if it didn't work, they would be utterly lost. Yet with high risk comes high reward. Should they take the emblem and hope for some luck? Luck seemed to avoid this land, so she discarded the item. One down, two to go. Cytherea fixed her cold stare on the remaining items, tuning out the chattering of her companions, and [i]thought[/i]. Which one was best for them, for [i]her[/i]? "[color=#f5506c][b]I believe we should take the enchanted blade[/b][/color]" she said some time later "[color=#f5506c]There are spirits around this place, and not all of them are gentle...[/color]" Suddenly, she grinned "[color=#f5506c]Besides, the potion is useless. We've all chosen to be here, knowing the dangers of this travel. Why should we take a concoction against madness, if we already are a tad insane?[/color]"

Ah. Decisions, decisions. They seemed to be at a crossroads again. Cytherea was encountering many of those, and yet she wasn't more skilled now to decide than she had been before facing any of them.

She quickly gathered her knowledge on the Plague Realm. Dangerous, tough, ruthless. Those were the more flattering adjectives she could think of. The Abiding Boneyard didn't have that name for fun. It was a boneyard. She knew of thousands of dragons that had gotten lost while crossing it, never to return home to their loved ones. Their spirits now roamed the land, eternally bound to travel without direction. Should they go back home or try to move towards the center of the land? That was the main problem, these spirits would never find peace. Cytherea shuddered, vowing to never let such ill destiny to fall on her.

What was the best item to survive, this time? The emblem seemed to carry a high risk, for if it didn't work, they would be utterly lost. Yet with high risk comes high reward. Should they take the emblem and hope for some luck? Luck seemed to avoid this land, so she discarded the item.

One down, two to go. Cytherea fixed her cold stare on the remaining items, tuning out the chattering of her companions, and thought. Which one was best for them, for her?

"I believe we should take the enchanted blade" she said some time later "There are spirits around this place, and not all of them are gentle..."

Suddenly, she grinned "Besides, the potion is useless. We've all chosen to be here, knowing the dangers of this travel. Why should we take a concoction against madness, if we already are a tad insane?"
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3038186] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/30382/3038186.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Not the blade. Not the blade." Savras immediately blurted out, shaking his head, his mane swishing back and forth as he did. "Can't use it - and besides, the weapons of a dragon aren't steel, yes?" he continued, taking an inhale and belching forth an impressive gout of searing Light energy from his maw. He may not be a seasoned fighter, or any kind of fighter - but he was a Tundra dragon, and his elemental breath was his weapon of choice. To him, a blade would be worthless. "Mmm. It may work on ghosts, too." he mused, tail swishing ponderously as he sat back on his haunches. The Tundra's usually cheerful - or in this case, nervous - tone shifted, becoming more somber when he spoke next: "There are many tales of the Boneyard. Of dragons lost for years. Of dragons coming back... changed. Wouldn't want that, no. If this [b]potion[/b] will help, then I think we should take it, yes?" @Akal @Stanzascale @staticmcawesome @surfingpikachu @Vil

"Not the blade. Not the blade." Savras immediately blurted out, shaking his head, his mane swishing back and forth as he did.

"Can't use it - and besides, the weapons of a dragon aren't steel, yes?" he continued, taking an inhale and belching forth an impressive gout of searing Light energy from his maw.

He may not be a seasoned fighter, or any kind of fighter - but he was a Tundra dragon, and his elemental breath was his weapon of choice. To him, a blade would be worthless.

"Mmm. It may work on ghosts, too." he mused, tail swishing ponderously as he sat back on his haunches.

The Tundra's usually cheerful - or in this case, nervous - tone shifted, becoming more somber when he spoke next: "There are many tales of the Boneyard. Of dragons lost for years. Of dragons coming back... changed. Wouldn't want that, no. If this potion will help, then I think we should take it, yes?"

@Akal @Stanzascale @staticmcawesome @surfingpikachu @Vil
DQ9DP8W.png
[center][size=1]@Akal @Stanzascale @Azure @surfingpikachu @Vil[/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=79829&tab=dragon&did=16807785][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/168078/16807785.png[/img][/url][/center] Mirasol's wings had drooped at the sight of the Longneck's '[i]generous[/i]' offering. Still they hung low as she walked, the tips of them dragging through the soil and muck beneath her. The gift was all well and good for the Tundra pair and Qualia, but for the other half of the team it was almost meaningless. As far as she knew, unless her fellow pescetarian Coatl or the slightly less picky Spiral had adapted their lifestyles to include that kind of roughage in their diet, they'd have to find something else to eat. And fast. The thought of being unable to eat what they'd been given had only served to remind Mirasol of how hungry she was, and a feeling of dread followed the hunger. [center]---[/center] "I wonder how many of these chumps starved to death," Mirasol grumbled, standing behind her team as the lot of them gazed out over the Abiding Boneyard. The cracked, dead earth was littered with piles of bones, half of which she couldn't in good conscious say belonged to any beast she knew of. Some of the bones, bleached white, looked rather like rocks, and many of the rocks looked rather like leering skulls protruding from the dirt. From behind one of these rocks had emerged their next guide, and so the group gathered around to learn of the next leg of their journey. [center]---[/center] The rogue found it easier to make a clear-headed decision this time. She'd definitely learned her lesson. Still, as she voiced to her fellow adventurers, "I'm not a fan of how iffy those two things are." She gestured towards the bottled liquid and the odd sigil. As the pack of Mirrors dashed away across the rotted earth, small eddies of dust rolled across the group's options. Even through the haze, the enchanted sword glittered. Mirasol eyed it. Mirasol wasn't about to go back on her word - she wasn't a fan of dragons who couldn't rely on their own wits to defend themselves. But this place had an air about it that left no doubt in her mind that there would be beings here her claws could not cut, wisps or spectres her teeth could not crush. That was no failing of theirs. That was some other danger, something she had not yet encountered and did not want to take risks in destroying. [b]The Ridgeback placed a claw firmly on the hilt of the sword.[/b] "I gotta agree with Sei. You too, Cytherea. This just seems like the only option that isn't a stupid gamble." She peered over her shoulder, a twinge of jealousy as she looked at the (presumably) herbivorous Savras. "That's a big if you're working on, buddy boy. Big ifs get dragons in trouble. Trust me."

Mirasol's wings had drooped at the sight of the Longneck's 'generous' offering. Still they hung low as she walked, the tips of them dragging through the soil and muck beneath her.

The gift was all well and good for the Tundra pair and Qualia, but for the other half of the team it was almost meaningless. As far as she knew, unless her fellow pescetarian Coatl or the slightly less picky Spiral had adapted their lifestyles to include that kind of roughage in their diet, they'd have to find something else to eat. And fast. The thought of being unable to eat what they'd been given had only served to remind Mirasol of how hungry she was, and a feeling of dread followed the hunger.
---

"I wonder how many of these chumps starved to death," Mirasol grumbled, standing behind her team as the lot of them gazed out over the Abiding Boneyard. The cracked, dead earth was littered with piles of bones, half of which she couldn't in good conscious say belonged to any beast she knew of. Some of the bones, bleached white, looked rather like rocks, and many of the rocks looked rather like leering skulls protruding from the dirt.

From behind one of these rocks had emerged their next guide, and so the group gathered around to learn of the next leg of their journey.

---

The rogue found it easier to make a clear-headed decision this time. She'd definitely learned her lesson. Still, as she voiced to her fellow adventurers, "I'm not a fan of how iffy those two things are." She gestured towards the bottled liquid and the odd sigil.

As the pack of Mirrors dashed away across the rotted earth, small eddies of dust rolled across the group's options. Even through the haze, the enchanted sword glittered. Mirasol eyed it.

Mirasol wasn't about to go back on her word - she wasn't a fan of dragons who couldn't rely on their own wits to defend themselves. But this place had an air about it that left no doubt in her mind that there would be beings here her claws could not cut, wisps or spectres her teeth could not crush. That was no failing of theirs. That was some other danger, something she had not yet encountered and did not want to take risks in destroying.

The Ridgeback placed a claw firmly on the hilt of the sword. "I gotta agree with Sei. You too, Cytherea. This just seems like the only option that isn't a stupid gamble."

She peered over her shoulder, a twinge of jealousy as she looked at the (presumably) herbivorous Savras. "That's a big if you're working on, buddy boy. Big ifs get dragons in trouble. Trust me."
wind_banner.png fire_banner.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3038186] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/30382/3038186.png[/img] [/url][/center] Savras shifted with obvious discomfort. "Mmm. I think it's a bad idea, yes." he said, his tone remaining somber despite the nervous twitches of his tail. "When one takes up a tool like that, they summon trouble to themselves, yes. When one challenges, the world answers. If those spirits see one as a threat, they will respond to one as a threat, even if they are not normally so aggressive." The tundra stood from his position. "Rather not invite trouble. Rather not fight. Speed, stealth. That is how one delivers messages." Savras glanced, briefly, at his satchel. From the corner of it peeked the top of a sealed scroll case. "And this message must be delivered." He paused, smiling amiably at the gathering of dragons. "I will miss you, friends." he said to them all, sorrow apparent in his tone. "Maybe we'll meet again at journey's end, yes. Hope so. Hope so." And with that, the tundra winged off with startling quickness, quickly vanishing into the swirling mist and dust of the Boneyard. Perhaps the mysterious potion and his skills as a swift and sure messenger would keep him safe enough. Perhaps he'd fall to the angry ghosts. And perhaps the group would never find out. Be as it may, this was no longer his story. [b]((To mods: Please disregard mention of the potion - I believe the group is going with the [u]sword[/u]. As noted in the OOC thread, I'm having to drop out of the RP; I'm just doing so in-character to not leave loose ends and be respectful to my fellow players. :) ))[/b]

Savras shifted with obvious discomfort.

"Mmm. I think it's a bad idea, yes." he said, his tone remaining somber despite the nervous twitches of his tail. "When one takes up a tool like that, they summon trouble to themselves, yes. When one challenges, the world answers. If those spirits see one as a threat, they will respond to one as a threat, even if they are not normally so aggressive."

The tundra stood from his position. "Rather not invite trouble. Rather not fight. Speed, stealth. That is how one delivers messages."

Savras glanced, briefly, at his satchel. From the corner of it peeked the top of a sealed scroll case.

"And this message must be delivered."

He paused, smiling amiably at the gathering of dragons.

"I will miss you, friends." he said to them all, sorrow apparent in his tone. "Maybe we'll meet again at journey's end, yes. Hope so. Hope so."

And with that, the tundra winged off with startling quickness, quickly vanishing into the swirling mist and dust of the Boneyard. Perhaps the mysterious potion and his skills as a swift and sure messenger would keep him safe enough. Perhaps he'd fall to the angry ghosts. And perhaps the group would never find out.

Be as it may, this was no longer his story.

((To mods: Please disregard mention of the potion - I believe the group is going with the sword. As noted in the OOC thread, I'm having to drop out of the RP; I'm just doing so in-character to not leave loose ends and be respectful to my fellow players. :) ))
DQ9DP8W.png
((So sorry for my extended absence! I will be more active from now on.))

Luiza had kept herself to the background as the group negotiated with the Longnecks. It was not that she was scared, she had seen plenty of the hooved people in Dragonhome and elsewhere, it was just that she'd been told many times that her particular brand of enthusiasm was not really suited for diplomatic situations. In the group's precarious situation she'd decided not to press their luck, and kept her mouth shut. Boredom hadn't been a problem, Luiza had had the strange moving plant Savras had found to keep her occupied. She'd taken to feeding it bits of jerky, having found that it preferred meat and waved its tendril-like roots around in excitement.

The appearance of the mirror and his pack had brought her back to the present, and the gifts he brought presented a new conundrum to ponder over. Which item would be the greatest help to them o their journey? Luiza sniffed the mysterious potion and coughed, when the acrid smell of odd herbs and deities-know what wafted from the bottle. She'd heard all the best medicines never tasted good, but she was really not keen to test this rumour.

The eerily glowing emblem was subjected to the same olfactory investigation, without much better results. All she could say was that it smelt…dangerous. Wild, unstable magic, nothing she would trust her life with. Luiza knew from experience that old, strange artifacts found in mysterious circumstances were usually best left alone, unless you were particularly bored. But she couldn't argue that it could be useful in the long run. It wouldn't be the first time success and even survival had hinged on having just the right obscure item at the right time.

She shifted her attention to the sword lying on the pock-marked ground. It had a strange aura to it, almost otherworldly. Frankly, it made the back of her head itch, which was never a good sign. But out of all the items laid out before the group, this seemed the most reliable. Nothing like a good, solid sword between yourself and all the dangers a journey like this would undoubtedly have in store for them. And judging by the others' words, they shared her opinion. Well, almost all of them. She cast a look on her fellow tundra, but he didn't seem like he could be shaken from his opinion. With a shrug she stepped over to Mirasol and the sword.

"Well, you can't have a proper adventure without a magic blade! I'm sure it's against some sort of cosmic set of rules, larking about without at least a trick dagger." Like all adventurers, Luiza was a superstitious dragon. Not the kind that tried to avoid all ill omens and bad signs, but one that trusted her gut instincts and her nose. And the emblem and potion had practically radiated bad luck.

The decision was made then, but not without cost. Savras was going to leave their little group and try to find his own way to the Wyrmwound. Luiza squeezed the other tundra into a tearful hug, not trusting her voice to not quiver. She had liked the slightly odd, but thoughtful dragon and his departure would be a great hit to the group.

After the quick goodbye, Luiza stared after Savras as he disappeared into the waiting arms of the Boneyard. She was sad to see him go, but all dragons must find their own paths to walk, and if theirs didn't feel like one worth following, who was she to fault him for leaving? Maybe she would remember him, maybe she wouldn't. But if they ever were to meet again, she would only have to take one whiff and she'd know that she was looking at a good and kind friend.

@Azure
((So sorry for my extended absence! I will be more active from now on.))

Luiza had kept herself to the background as the group negotiated with the Longnecks. It was not that she was scared, she had seen plenty of the hooved people in Dragonhome and elsewhere, it was just that she'd been told many times that her particular brand of enthusiasm was not really suited for diplomatic situations. In the group's precarious situation she'd decided not to press their luck, and kept her mouth shut. Boredom hadn't been a problem, Luiza had had the strange moving plant Savras had found to keep her occupied. She'd taken to feeding it bits of jerky, having found that it preferred meat and waved its tendril-like roots around in excitement.

The appearance of the mirror and his pack had brought her back to the present, and the gifts he brought presented a new conundrum to ponder over. Which item would be the greatest help to them o their journey? Luiza sniffed the mysterious potion and coughed, when the acrid smell of odd herbs and deities-know what wafted from the bottle. She'd heard all the best medicines never tasted good, but she was really not keen to test this rumour.

The eerily glowing emblem was subjected to the same olfactory investigation, without much better results. All she could say was that it smelt…dangerous. Wild, unstable magic, nothing she would trust her life with. Luiza knew from experience that old, strange artifacts found in mysterious circumstances were usually best left alone, unless you were particularly bored. But she couldn't argue that it could be useful in the long run. It wouldn't be the first time success and even survival had hinged on having just the right obscure item at the right time.

She shifted her attention to the sword lying on the pock-marked ground. It had a strange aura to it, almost otherworldly. Frankly, it made the back of her head itch, which was never a good sign. But out of all the items laid out before the group, this seemed the most reliable. Nothing like a good, solid sword between yourself and all the dangers a journey like this would undoubtedly have in store for them. And judging by the others' words, they shared her opinion. Well, almost all of them. She cast a look on her fellow tundra, but he didn't seem like he could be shaken from his opinion. With a shrug she stepped over to Mirasol and the sword.

"Well, you can't have a proper adventure without a magic blade! I'm sure it's against some sort of cosmic set of rules, larking about without at least a trick dagger." Like all adventurers, Luiza was a superstitious dragon. Not the kind that tried to avoid all ill omens and bad signs, but one that trusted her gut instincts and her nose. And the emblem and potion had practically radiated bad luck.

The decision was made then, but not without cost. Savras was going to leave their little group and try to find his own way to the Wyrmwound. Luiza squeezed the other tundra into a tearful hug, not trusting her voice to not quiver. She had liked the slightly odd, but thoughtful dragon and his departure would be a great hit to the group.

After the quick goodbye, Luiza stared after Savras as he disappeared into the waiting arms of the Boneyard. She was sad to see him go, but all dragons must find their own paths to walk, and if theirs didn't feel like one worth following, who was she to fault him for leaving? Maybe she would remember him, maybe she wouldn't. But if they ever were to meet again, she would only have to take one whiff and she'd know that she was looking at a good and kind friend.

@Azure
tumblr_pap6duN5Et1vvc1jno3_500.png
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/T4Xmnqg.png[/img][/center] The enchanted blade, once picked up, glowed for a second. A cold wind suddenly blew through the region and in that wind was the sound of whistling voices, as if the sword had summoned its old users to warn the new ones. However, the sounds disappeared as quick as they came and there was once again a silence over the Wasteland. There seemed to be nowhere to go but forward, with no marked paths and with a tour guide that had long left them be. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10217585] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/102176/10217585_350.png[/img] [/url] Before them were bones, scattered about in no clear formation. It seemed that the Abiding Boneyard was just that; a Boneyard with little else. The ground seemed still, as if not even animals dared skitter about, lest they awake some old, dwelling spirit in the bones of the deceased. There seemed to be movement ahead, however. A dark figure was standing in the midst of some boney structure, grinning at them with a closed mouth. Eyes seemed to speckle their body and roll around, taking in the dragons that were approaching. "[b]What do we have here?[/b]" the dragon asked, blinking slowly. The eyes around his body blinked one after the other, allowing at least two to remain open at all times. The wind whirled around the dragons again and the dragon stood up, uncoiling himself and spreading his wings over the others. "[b]Tut tut,[/b]" he sneered. "[b]Intruders on my domain?[/b]" The wind abated and in its place where barely visible dragons, all with empty eyes and lolling tongues, as if their spirits had been dragged back from the dead. There stood [b]a large Imperial with sharp claws but unfocused eyes[/b], clearly unable to discern what it was supposed to be seeing. His head turned from side to side, one of his eyes useless. [img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=2&wing=2&style=8&gender=0&ages=1&prig=5&secg=2&tert=7&elem=2&tertgene=7&spec=prev.png[/img] To its left was a mirror, the blood of its last victim still caked over its body. It twitched and jerked, as if barely restrained. However, its back leg seemed broken, making it difficult for it to move quickly. [img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=2&wing=2&style=3&gender=0&ages=1&prig=5&secg=2&tert=60&elem=2&tertgene=6&spec=prev.png[/img] The last dragon that had appeared was an unmoving wildclaw. They seemed almost corporal in appearance, as if the dragons could fade right through it if they so chose. However, it seemed to be watching them and in the best condition out of the three. [img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=2&wing=2&style=10&gender=0&ages=1&prig=5&secg=2&tert=60&elem=2&tertgene=0&spec=prev.png[/img] The spiral grinned. "[b]Come now,[/b]" it hissed. "[b]Which of my champions will kill you first?[/b]" [i]OOC: You may use the dragons as NPCs within reason.[/i] @Akal @Stanzascale @Azure @staticmcawesome @surfingpikachu @Vil
T4Xmnqg.png

The enchanted blade, once picked up, glowed for a second. A cold wind suddenly blew through the region and in that wind was the sound of whistling voices, as if the sword had summoned its old users to warn the new ones. However, the sounds disappeared as quick as they came and there was once again a silence over the Wasteland.

There seemed to be nowhere to go but forward, with no marked paths and with a tour guide that had long left them be.

10217585_350.png

Before them were bones, scattered about in no clear formation. It seemed that the Abiding Boneyard was just that; a Boneyard with little else. The ground seemed still, as if not even animals dared skitter about, lest they awake some old, dwelling spirit in the bones of the deceased.

There seemed to be movement ahead, however. A dark figure was standing in the midst of some boney structure, grinning at them with a closed mouth. Eyes seemed to speckle their body and roll around, taking in the dragons that were approaching.

"What do we have here?" the dragon asked, blinking slowly. The eyes around his body blinked one after the other, allowing at least two to remain open at all times.

The wind whirled around the dragons again and the dragon stood up, uncoiling himself and spreading his wings over the others. "Tut tut," he sneered. "Intruders on my domain?"

The wind abated and in its place where barely visible dragons, all with empty eyes and lolling tongues, as if their spirits had been dragged back from the dead.

There stood a large Imperial with sharp claws but unfocused eyes, clearly unable to discern what it was supposed to be seeing. His head turned from side to side, one of his eyes useless.

dragonpic2.php?body=2&wing=2&style=8&gender=0&ages=1&prig=5&secg=2&tert=7&elem=2&tertgene=7&spec=prev.png

To its left was a mirror, the blood of its last victim still caked over its body. It twitched and jerked, as if barely restrained. However, its back leg seemed broken, making it difficult for it to move quickly.

dragonpic2.php?body=2&wing=2&style=3&gender=0&ages=1&prig=5&secg=2&tert=60&elem=2&tertgene=6&spec=prev.png

The last dragon that had appeared was an unmoving wildclaw. They seemed almost corporal in appearance, as if the dragons could fade right through it if they so chose. However, it seemed to be watching them and in the best condition out of the three.

dragonpic2.php?body=2&wing=2&style=10&gender=0&ages=1&prig=5&secg=2&tert=60&elem=2&tertgene=0&spec=prev.png

The spiral grinned. "Come now," it hissed. "Which of my champions will kill you first?"

OOC: You may use the dragons as NPCs within reason.

@Akal @Stanzascale @Azure @staticmcawesome @surfingpikachu @Vil
uCR5SCW.png
@Akal @staticmcawesome @surfingpikachu @Vil [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15720543][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/157206/15720543.png[/img][/url] Qualia laughed softly at Cytherea’s implication that simply making the journey was a less than sane choice. The Skydancer’s birth-clan believed the Arcanist bestowed the gift of ‘divine madness’ on his children. For those of atypical inclinations seemed the most likely to go where none had gone before and yield glorious discoveries. From what she’d seen of the Lightning Flight, Qualia believed that they too had divine madness from their deity. It seemed that the Tundra had made his choice. Qualia passed no comment. It was actually an ideal scenario, by her esteem, that, should one be so discomforted by a group’s choice as he made sure to announce in both body language and perceivable emotions, that one should leave. He had been so calm and rational in the earlier stages of the journey that the change came as a disappointment. Qualia’s antennae twitched as the wind shifted. No path would go untroubled. It was an unambiguous reminder of that much. The Skydancer glared at the Spiral they came upon, who practically radiated malice. She ducked towards the ground as the unwholesome wind came again. Qualia briefly glanced at the ‘champions’ before them before returning to the focal point of her hatred. She was beginning to feel fatigued and hence disinclined to fight. The Skydancer’s condition had been one factor in the fact she had not received extensive training in combat, but she felt the desire to hear this Spiral’s death-rattle grow. Qualia took a draught from a bottle she had with her, and felt her aches ease. ‘I’d prefer the head be struck down,’ Qualia quietly said to her companions. ‘Unless we smaller dragons are confident in our agility, I’d be wary of any potentially crippling swings of the Imperial. I don’t know what to make of the twitching Mirror, but I most mistrust the Wildclaw.’ Qualia regarded the group of travellers, ‘any thoughts? It seems that a peaceful solution is, at best, unlikely to exist.’
@Akal @staticmcawesome @surfingpikachu @Vil
15720543.png
Qualia laughed softly at Cytherea’s implication that simply making the journey was a less than sane choice. The Skydancer’s birth-clan believed the Arcanist bestowed the gift of ‘divine madness’ on his children. For those of atypical inclinations seemed the most likely to go where none had gone before and yield glorious discoveries. From what she’d seen of the Lightning Flight, Qualia believed that they too had divine madness from their deity.

It seemed that the Tundra had made his choice. Qualia passed no comment. It was actually an ideal scenario, by her esteem, that, should one be so discomforted by a group’s choice as he made sure to announce in both body language and perceivable emotions, that one should leave.
He had been so calm and rational in the earlier stages of the journey that the change came as a disappointment.

Qualia’s antennae twitched as the wind shifted.
No path would go untroubled. It was an unambiguous reminder of that much.

The Skydancer glared at the Spiral they came upon, who practically radiated malice. She ducked towards the ground as the unwholesome wind came again.

Qualia briefly glanced at the ‘champions’ before them before returning to the focal point of her hatred. She was beginning to feel fatigued and hence disinclined to fight. The Skydancer’s condition had been one factor in the fact she had not received extensive training in combat, but she felt the desire to hear this Spiral’s death-rattle grow. Qualia took a draught from a bottle she had with her, and felt her aches ease.

‘I’d prefer the head be struck down,’ Qualia quietly said to her companions. ‘Unless we smaller dragons are confident in our agility, I’d be wary of any potentially crippling swings of the Imperial. I don’t know what to make of the twitching Mirror, but I most mistrust the Wildclaw.’
Qualia regarded the group of travellers, ‘any thoughts? It seems that a peaceful solution is, at best, unlikely to exist.’
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
[center][size=1]@Akal @Stanzascale @staticmcawesome @surfingpikachu [/size][/center] [center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15705957][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/157060/15705957.png[/img][/url][/center] Sei had been somewhat unsettled when Savras left the group. She didn't want to admit to growing fond of the snuffling Tundra, but she did hope he managed to find his way home. Now, confronted by ghostly opponents, she was starting to think Savra's had made the smart choice in departing. Ghosts she wasn't entirely unfamiliar with, but combat? [color=#00CC66]"I'm a writer, not a fighter," [/color] Sei whispered. [color=#00CC66]"We might be able to escape if we face the blind Imperial, or even outpace the wounded Mirror. But that assumes they don't have any unnatural powers to detain us. I think it would be a mistake to fight the Wildclaw, I've seen them in action..."[/color] She looked to the larger dragons, if the groups was to stand and fight they would be the ones doing the fighting. Sei's diminutive stature and complete lack of combat training meant she could be of little help – unless darting around insulting their adversary would be a useful distraction.

15705957.png

Sei had been somewhat unsettled when Savras left the group. She didn't want to admit to growing fond of the snuffling Tundra, but she did hope he managed to find his way home.

Now, confronted by ghostly opponents, she was starting to think Savra's had made the smart choice in departing.

Ghosts she wasn't entirely unfamiliar with, but combat?

"I'm a writer, not a fighter," Sei whispered. "We might be able to escape if we face the blind Imperial, or even outpace the wounded Mirror. But that assumes they don't have any unnatural powers to detain us. I think it would be a mistake to fight the Wildclaw, I've seen them in action..."

She looked to the larger dragons, if the groups was to stand and fight they would be the ones doing the fighting. Sei's diminutive stature and complete lack of combat training meant she could be of little help – unless darting around insulting their adversary would be a useful distraction.
FR+18
Gladekeeperbanner_zps21ce84b1.jpeg

Luiza eyed the phantom dragons warily. "I don't like the look of any of them. Besides, the spooky spiral said, 'Which of my champions will kill you first', the key word being 'first'. Seems to me we're going to have to fight them all at one point." At least the apparitions had the courtesy to fight them one at a time.

None of the spiral's lackeys looked like an easy target and all of them definitely sent shivers down her spine. Shivers of fear or excitement, even she wasn't sure. It was these moments of do or die that made adventuring such a addicting profession.

She eyed their potential opponents with the eye of a dragon that's not half-bad at this fighting thing, calculating how hard she'd have to hit to bring them down. The imperial was large, but apparently had trouble seeing anything. The mirror on the other hand looked like he'd be greatly hampered by his broken leg, but the blood caked on him made sniping him from distance a far better option than the close-hand combat that their sword limited the group to. The wildclaw…That looked like a dragon Luiza wouldn't touch with a ten-feet pole. So ominous.

"Tough call, but I'd go with the imperial. The larger they are, the harder they fall, right?"

Luiza eyed the phantom dragons warily. "I don't like the look of any of them. Besides, the spooky spiral said, 'Which of my champions will kill you first', the key word being 'first'. Seems to me we're going to have to fight them all at one point." At least the apparitions had the courtesy to fight them one at a time.

None of the spiral's lackeys looked like an easy target and all of them definitely sent shivers down her spine. Shivers of fear or excitement, even she wasn't sure. It was these moments of do or die that made adventuring such a addicting profession.

She eyed their potential opponents with the eye of a dragon that's not half-bad at this fighting thing, calculating how hard she'd have to hit to bring them down. The imperial was large, but apparently had trouble seeing anything. The mirror on the other hand looked like he'd be greatly hampered by his broken leg, but the blood caked on him made sniping him from distance a far better option than the close-hand combat that their sword limited the group to. The wildclaw…That looked like a dragon Luiza wouldn't touch with a ten-feet pole. So ominous.

"Tough call, but I'd go with the imperial. The larger they are, the harder they fall, right?"
tumblr_pap6duN5Et1vvc1jno3_500.png
1 2 3 4 5 6