Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [RoR] CYWttW Team 8
1 2 3 4 5 6
[center][size=1]@Akal @Stanzascale @Azure @staticmcawesome @surfingpikachu @Vil[/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16152383][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/161524/16152383.png[/img][/url][/center] "[color=#f5506c]I agree with Sei, let's not go with the Centaurs[/color]" Cytherea said softly to the others. She remembered clearly the battle with the Centaurs she had been in a while ago. True, it had made her stronger, but they were nearly obliterated "[color=#f5506c]But I may be biased. I don't like those half horses.[/color]" She quickly went over the possible outcomes in her mind, trying to assess the situation and find the best result. Her Ice mind came in handy when she had to keep a clinical head. "[color=#f5506c]I think whe should avoid the Serthis since they can very well poison us[/color]" she mumbled "[color=#f5506c]Which leaves only the longnecks. With our size, if there aren't too many of them we could actually get to talk and form an alliance[/color]" She watched in distaste as a big pustule on the ground near them exploded, releasing a yellow fluid and a foul stench. The grass around it, that had managed to survive in the Wasteland, quickly yellowed and died. "[color=#f5506c]Clearly we should move before the land decides to kill us.[/color]"

"I agree with Sei, let's not go with the Centaurs" Cytherea said softly to the others. She remembered clearly the battle with the Centaurs she had been in a while ago. True, it had made her stronger, but they were nearly obliterated "But I may be biased. I don't like those half horses."

She quickly went over the possible outcomes in her mind, trying to assess the situation and find the best result. Her Ice mind came in handy when she had to keep a clinical head.

"I think whe should avoid the Serthis since they can very well poison us" she mumbled "Which leaves only the longnecks. With our size, if there aren't too many of them we could actually get to talk and form an alliance"

She watched in distaste as a big pustule on the ground near them exploded, releasing a yellow fluid and a foul stench. The grass around it, that had managed to survive in the Wasteland, quickly yellowed and died.

"Clearly we should move before the land decides to kill us."
[center][size=1]@Akal @Stanzascale @Azure @surfingpikachu @Vil[/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=79829&tab=dragon&did=16807785][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/168078/16807785.png[/img][/url][/center] "I'm inclined to agree with you," Mirasol muttered, speaking quietly and out of the side of her mouth as she lowered her head towards Cytherea and Sei, "the Longneck are probably the last of that lot who'd be looking to attack us." The Ridgeback nodded towards the telltale scribble of smoke reaching skywards, past - or upon - the hill they now faced. She gestured for the group to move and began to step forward herself, placing herself firmly at the forefront of the party. "Things are probably gonna get uglier before they get better," she said, stepping gingerly around what looked suspiciously more like a mouth than a pothole in the path. "Still, I've killed plenty of Beastclan. They're dime-a-dozen, backstabbing scumbags, but..." the rogue peeked back over her shoulder to make sure the Tundras were following, and caught sight of Qualia fall in behind. "Longnecks, yeah, best idea. They hire Sprangyroos to do their dirtywork, so they'll probably be the best bet for doing talkin' before they jump into fightin'. But we can't count out the idea of a fight. "Long as someone besides me does the talkin', we might get on fine. I'm happy to do the fighting if it comes to that, though." Mirasol hadn't lied - she'd cut through swathes of Beastclan warriors in the past, but she was without her usual [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=79829&tab=dragon&did=3958212]battle [/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=79829&tab=dragon&did=5739612]companions [/url]now. A trio of Ridgebacks going berserk on any group was likely to end well for the Ridgebacks, but this wasn't a trio of Ridgebacks. This was a ragtag group of dragons who, as far as she was aware, had never fought together before. For once in her life, she tread carefully and took some responsibility for her actions. Shading the rest of her party beneath her shining wings, [b]Mirasol moved with confidence towards the Longneck smokestacks[/b], jewels and trinkets jingling together in a familiar way that served to soothe her nerves.

"I'm inclined to agree with you," Mirasol muttered, speaking quietly and out of the side of her mouth as she lowered her head towards Cytherea and Sei, "the Longneck are probably the last of that lot who'd be looking to attack us."

The Ridgeback nodded towards the telltale scribble of smoke reaching skywards, past - or upon - the hill they now faced. She gestured for the group to move and began to step forward herself, placing herself firmly at the forefront of the party. "Things are probably gonna get uglier before they get better," she said, stepping gingerly around what looked suspiciously more like a mouth than a pothole in the path. "Still, I've killed plenty of Beastclan. They're dime-a-dozen, backstabbing scumbags, but..." the rogue peeked back over her shoulder to make sure the Tundras were following, and caught sight of Qualia fall in behind.

"Longnecks, yeah, best idea. They hire Sprangyroos to do their dirtywork, so they'll probably be the best bet for doing talkin' before they jump into fightin'. But we can't count out the idea of a fight.

"Long as someone besides me does the talkin', we might get on fine. I'm happy to do the fighting if it comes to that, though."

Mirasol hadn't lied - she'd cut through swathes of Beastclan warriors in the past, but she was without her usual battle companions now. A trio of Ridgebacks going berserk on any group was likely to end well for the Ridgebacks, but this wasn't a trio of Ridgebacks. This was a ragtag group of dragons who, as far as she was aware, had never fought together before.

For once in her life, she tread carefully and took some responsibility for her actions. Shading the rest of her party beneath her shining wings, Mirasol moved with confidence towards the Longneck smokestacks, jewels and trinkets jingling together in a familiar way that served to soothe her nerves.
wind_banner.png fire_banner.png
[center][size=1]@Akal @Stanzascale @Azure @staticmcawesome @surfingpikachu [/size][/center] [center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15705957][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/157060/15705957.png[/img][/url][/center] Sei was growing uneasy as they moved towards the Longneck camp without incident. The Longnecks knew they were there so why hadn't any presented themselves yet? She glared suspiciously at an toothy crevice in the earth that she was sure they had left behind them 10 minutes ago. Then she flitted up and hovered around the height of Mirasol's wing, so that she could use it for shelter if anything attacked. With her keen vision she spotted a figure, just within range before a rocky protrusion jutting from the hillside blocked her sight. It appeared to be a Longneck. It looked like it was meditating. But she got a sense that it was well aware of their presence and disturbingly unintimidated by them. It could definitely have used a haircut and some styling in her opinion. She couldn't stand the tension any longer. [color=#00CC66]"Greetings Longnecks,"[/color] she cried, her voice carrying surprisingly far for her tiny size. She really hoped 'Longneck' was the word they referred to themselves by and not some kind of slur she wasn't aware of. For the first time in her life she wished she had read a few more practical books. [color=#00CC66]"We seek to greet you peacefully,"[/color] she added. [color=#00CC66] "And bring gifts and objects to trade!"[/color] She turned quickly to the other dragons. She felt they should present some kind of gift as a peace offering, but realised she had no idea what the beasts might like and what they might find insulting. Did they like to collect pretty things, or practical things? Did their definitions of pretty or practical even match hers? She had never been so unsure of matters of style before. [color=#00CC66]Anyone know what kind of things a Longneck might like?" [/color]she whispered. She was tempted to suggest a comb, but was wise enough to keep that thought to herself, at least for now...

15705957.png

Sei was growing uneasy as they moved towards the Longneck camp without incident. The Longnecks knew they were there so why hadn't any presented themselves yet?

She glared suspiciously at an toothy crevice in the earth that she was sure they had left behind them 10 minutes ago. Then she flitted up and hovered around the height of Mirasol's wing, so that she could use it for shelter if anything attacked.

With her keen vision she spotted a figure, just within range before a rocky protrusion jutting from the hillside blocked her sight. It appeared to be a Longneck. It looked like it was meditating. But she got a sense that it was well aware of their presence and disturbingly unintimidated by them. It could definitely have used a haircut and some styling in her opinion. She couldn't stand the tension any longer.

"Greetings Longnecks," she cried, her voice carrying surprisingly far for her tiny size. She really hoped 'Longneck' was the word they referred to themselves by and not some kind of slur she wasn't aware of. For the first time in her life she wished she had read a few more practical books.

"We seek to greet you peacefully," she added. "And bring gifts and objects to trade!"

She turned quickly to the other dragons. She felt they should present some kind of gift as a peace offering, but realised she had no idea what the beasts might like and what they might find insulting. Did they like to collect pretty things, or practical things? Did their definitions of pretty or practical even match hers? She had never been so unsure of matters of style before.

Anyone know what kind of things a Longneck might like?" she whispered. She was tempted to suggest a comb, but was wise enough to keep that thought to herself, at least for now...
FR+18
Gladekeeperbanner_zps21ce84b1.jpeg
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3038186] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/30382/3038186.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Mmm. Longnecks. Yes, I think this is good, yes." Savras said, his trademark smile gone as he seemed to ponder the options. "Serthis, too volatile. Volatile like their alchemy. Rather fight than talk, yes. Besides, we need food and healing potions, not venoms and acids. Especially don't need acid on us, no. Had a serthis throw one at me once. Hit me right in the leg. Fur didn't grow there for a month." The tundra's expression sours at the recollection, ears and wings drooping. He recovers a moment later, tail swishing as he ponders the next option. "Centaurs have been friends of dragons for long, yes, but... too many spears here. Too many. Means, probably not Dunhoof. Probably new herd. Probably bad." Savras shifted uncomfortably for a moment. "Also, not sure if they have healing. Mmm, medicines, maybe, yes, but not many use spells, not without us helping. And... I think, I think, I think to be effective, we need a magical edge, mm? Proper, good potions, yes." The poor tundra flinched as he watched the ground quite literally swallow up what seemed to be a large armored beetle nearby. It did not reappear. "Longnecks... mmm, reclusive, yes. May not want to talk. But, likely have safe food. Have healers, have wise magi, who probably make potions and salves and ointments, yes. [b]Longnecks, I think, yes.[/b] I agree." Savras muses, nodding along with the rest of the group and dutifully padding with them towards the smokestacks. Within a reasonable distance to speak to their advance scouts, especially when Sei begins to yell, he flutters up next to her calls out alongside her: "Yes, yes, many things to trade! Small gems and patterned stones to make beads and jewels for manes and staves! Feathers, nuggets of iron and onyx for tools! Dried petals for pigments and patterned cloth!" He pauses, glancing towards the Spiral, speaking to her in a lower voice: "Flowers, you and I are smallest, yes? Least threatening. We go present something. Prove we're here to trade." Another awkward shuffle. "If trouble, mmm... run, I think? And Spikes will try scare them off?" A new nickname, this one apparently indicating Mirasol, as he glances up at the enormous Ridgeback towering many feet over him. He smiles at her hopefully. With that done, he digs through his bag, pulling out a modestly sized, but shiny bit of patterned rock, the type a longneck might use to carve beads for their manes or decorations for their clan's spellcasters. "We come to you!" he bellows at the scout they can see. There's probably at least a dozen more hidden behind rocky outcroppings and beyond bushes watching them. "Bring you something to take back to village, show you we are here to trade and not fight!" And with that, he begins to tiptoe forward to present the longneck with the small show of good faith. @Akal @Stanzascale @staticmcawesome @surfingpikachu @Vil

"Mmm. Longnecks. Yes, I think this is good, yes." Savras said, his trademark smile gone as he seemed to ponder the options.

"Serthis, too volatile. Volatile like their alchemy. Rather fight than talk, yes. Besides, we need food and healing potions, not venoms and acids. Especially don't need acid on us, no. Had a serthis throw one at me once. Hit me right in the leg. Fur didn't grow there for a month."

The tundra's expression sours at the recollection, ears and wings drooping.

He recovers a moment later, tail swishing as he ponders the next option.

"Centaurs have been friends of dragons for long, yes, but... too many spears here. Too many. Means, probably not Dunhoof. Probably new herd. Probably bad."

Savras shifted uncomfortably for a moment.

"Also, not sure if they have healing. Mmm, medicines, maybe, yes, but not many use spells, not without us helping. And... I think, I think, I think to be effective, we need a magical edge, mm? Proper, good potions, yes."

The poor tundra flinched as he watched the ground quite literally swallow up what seemed to be a large armored beetle nearby. It did not reappear.

"Longnecks... mmm, reclusive, yes. May not want to talk. But, likely have safe food. Have healers, have wise magi, who probably make potions and salves and ointments, yes. Longnecks, I think, yes. I agree." Savras muses, nodding along with the rest of the group and dutifully padding with them towards the smokestacks.

Within a reasonable distance to speak to their advance scouts, especially when Sei begins to yell, he flutters up next to her calls out alongside her: "Yes, yes, many things to trade! Small gems and patterned stones to make beads and jewels for manes and staves! Feathers, nuggets of iron and onyx for tools! Dried petals for pigments and patterned cloth!"

He pauses, glancing towards the Spiral, speaking to her in a lower voice: "Flowers, you and I are smallest, yes? Least threatening. We go present something. Prove we're here to trade."

Another awkward shuffle. "If trouble, mmm... run, I think? And Spikes will try scare them off?"

A new nickname, this one apparently indicating Mirasol, as he glances up at the enormous Ridgeback towering many feet over him. He smiles at her hopefully.

With that done, he digs through his bag, pulling out a modestly sized, but shiny bit of patterned rock, the type a longneck might use to carve beads for their manes or decorations for their clan's spellcasters.

"We come to you!" he bellows at the scout they can see. There's probably at least a dozen more hidden behind rocky outcroppings and beyond bushes watching them. "Bring you something to take back to village, show you we are here to trade and not fight!"

And with that, he begins to tiptoe forward to present the longneck with the small show of good faith.

@Akal @Stanzascale @staticmcawesome @surfingpikachu @Vil
DQ9DP8W.png
[center][size=1]@Akal @Stanzascale @Azure @staticmcawesome @surfingpikachu [/size][/center] [center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15705957][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/157060/15705957.png[/img][/url][/center] Flowers? It took a moment for Sei to realise that was Savras's nickname for her and not a suggestion of a gift to give the Longnecks. She plucked some patterned stones from her trinket bag and slinked forward, trying to keep as close to the tundra as possible. Not just for the sake of the Longnecks though. The large beetle the ground had apparently consumed just moments ago was larger than Sei. She hoped it was full now. As the two dragons approached, the waiting Longneck's eyes snapped open. It sat, motionless expect for its pupils following their movements. With what she hoped was a charming smile, she placed the patterned stones in a pile in front of the creature. [color=#00CC66]"Please accept these with our compliments,"[/color] she said. [color=#00CC66]"Err.. Nice hill you've got here. Killer view."[/color] She looked to the Tundra, hoping he would say something to warm the Longnecks to them. Or at least that he didn't try to lick them.

15705957.png

Flowers? It took a moment for Sei to realise that was Savras's nickname for her and not a suggestion of a gift to give the Longnecks.

She plucked some patterned stones from her trinket bag and slinked forward, trying to keep as close to the tundra as possible. Not just for the sake of the Longnecks though. The large beetle the ground had apparently consumed just moments ago was larger than Sei. She hoped it was full now.

As the two dragons approached, the waiting Longneck's eyes snapped open. It sat, motionless expect for its pupils following their movements.

With what she hoped was a charming smile, she placed the patterned stones in a pile in front of the creature.

"Please accept these with our compliments," she said. "Err.. Nice hill you've got here. Killer view."

She looked to the Tundra, hoping he would say something to warm the Longnecks to them. Or at least that he didn't try to lick them.
FR+18
Gladekeeperbanner_zps21ce84b1.jpeg
@Akal @staticmcawesome @Azure @surfingpikachu @Vil [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15720543][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/157206/15720543.png[/img][/url] Qualia silently wondered if the group were over-estimating the docility of the Longneck Beastclan, but voiced no complaint about the choice. The concerns about the centaurs were not unwarranted. 'Appearing as unthreatening as impossible; the usual approach of the clan's envoys.' Qualia nodded her approval at Savras' idea. 'It would be an uphill battle should that alternative arise.' A smile flickered across Qualia's countenance briefly. To the Skydancer, it was rather visible that Sei had never done this before, or was unskilled at it. From afar, without taking a step to advance beyond a visible position in the group remaining a respectable distance away, Qualia made her declaration: 'I am Qualia of the Stanzascale clan. Have you encountered word of our envoys for peace: Plumra and Illuminata? Though you could not be blamed in the slightest for being distrustful, permit me to say this: we hold no ill will for your kind.'
@Akal @staticmcawesome @Azure @surfingpikachu @Vil
15720543.png

Qualia silently wondered if the group were over-estimating the docility of the Longneck Beastclan, but voiced no complaint about the choice. The concerns about the centaurs were not unwarranted.

'Appearing as unthreatening as impossible; the usual approach of the clan's envoys.' Qualia nodded her approval at Savras' idea. 'It would be an uphill battle should that alternative arise.' A smile flickered across Qualia's countenance briefly.

To the Skydancer, it was rather visible that Sei had never done this before, or was unskilled at it. From afar, without taking a step to advance beyond a visible position in the group remaining a respectable distance away, Qualia made her declaration: 'I am Qualia of the Stanzascale clan. Have you encountered word of our envoys for peace: Plumra and Illuminata? Though you could not be blamed in the slightest for being distrustful, permit me to say this: we hold no ill will for your kind.'
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3038186] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/30382/3038186.png[/img] [/url][/center] Savras smiled at the Longneck in what he hoped was a friendly fashion. He poked the ground with a paw - just to make sure it wouldn't eat it or wander away - before laying the offering down before the Longneck and nudging it forward at respectful, if small distance. "We have more!" he exclaimed. "Other things, too! Trade, yes? Good for us, good for you?" He kept smiling. Never you mind the nervous swishes of his tail. He could smell the other Longneck, hiding, watching them wordlessly. The one they talked to stood slowly, poking one of the patterned rocks with a long, worked battle quarterstaff, a favored weapon of the Longneck beastclan. Satisfied that it seemed to not be anything malicious, the creature picked one rock up, eyes remaining on the dragons, as if wary of them trying something funny while its guard is down. Finally, the Longneck held up a hand, as if telling them to wait, before retreating towards what was undoubtedly a camp or village, taking the rock with it. "That... didn't... go terribly." Savras whispered to Sei. If Tundras could sweat, his fur would be drenched right now. Hopefully, someone would come fetch them if the beastclan's leaders decided trading was a favorable option. Or, you know. They could sic warcats and sprangryroo on them. Also an option. That thought was what had Savras shifting from foot to foot while waiting. @Akal @Stanzascale @staticmcawesome @surfingpikachu @Vil (( @FloatingInSpace @N0B0DY - I think we moved the story sufficiently for you to take over, despite Akal having not visited in a couple days? We have chosen the [b]Longneck[/b] as our trade partners, and are particularly looking for [b]safe food, healing supplies and directions[/b]! :D ))

Savras smiled at the Longneck in what he hoped was a friendly fashion. He poked the ground with a paw - just to make sure it wouldn't eat it or wander away - before laying the offering down before the Longneck and nudging it forward at respectful, if small distance.

"We have more!" he exclaimed. "Other things, too! Trade, yes? Good for us, good for you?"

He kept smiling. Never you mind the nervous swishes of his tail. He could smell the other Longneck, hiding, watching them wordlessly.

The one they talked to stood slowly, poking one of the patterned rocks with a long, worked battle quarterstaff, a favored weapon of the Longneck beastclan. Satisfied that it seemed to not be anything malicious, the creature picked one rock up, eyes remaining on the dragons, as if wary of them trying something funny while its guard is down.

Finally, the Longneck held up a hand, as if telling them to wait, before retreating towards what was undoubtedly a camp or village, taking the rock with it.

"That... didn't... go terribly." Savras whispered to Sei. If Tundras could sweat, his fur would be drenched right now.

Hopefully, someone would come fetch them if the beastclan's leaders decided trading was a favorable option.

Or, you know. They could sic warcats and sprangryroo on them. Also an option. That thought was what had Savras shifting from foot to foot while waiting.

@Akal @Stanzascale @staticmcawesome @surfingpikachu @Vil

(( @FloatingInSpace @N0B0DY - I think we moved the story sufficiently for you to take over, despite Akal having not visited in a couple days? We have chosen the Longneck as our trade partners, and are particularly looking for safe food, healing supplies and directions! :D ))
DQ9DP8W.png
@Akal @Stanzascale @Azure @staticmcawesome @surfingpikachu @Vil ((You may use the beastclans as NPCs within reason, which means you can act as them so long as you don't make it easy for yourself. However, since you asked...)) There was the sound of hoofbeats and the longnecks appeared before the dragons again. Among them were ones with staffs and some with what looked like crudely made spears. The ones with staffs stood in the front and parted, allowing a few to run forward with a basket, placing it before the group. There was a blanket covering what appeared to be dried bars of fruit. [item=berry and nut trail bar][item=longneck winter rations] The longnecks didn't say a word as they parted once more, carving out a single path between them out towards what appeared to be the other side of the hill and what one could assume to be the Wyrmwound. @N0B0DY
@Akal @Stanzascale @Azure @staticmcawesome @surfingpikachu @Vil ((You may use the beastclans as NPCs within reason, which means you can act as them so long as you don't make it easy for yourself. However, since you asked...))

There was the sound of hoofbeats and the longnecks appeared before the dragons again. Among them were ones with staffs and some with what looked like crudely made spears.

The ones with staffs stood in the front and parted, allowing a few to run forward with a basket, placing it before the group. There was a blanket covering what appeared to be dried bars of fruit.

Berry and Nut Trail Bar Longneck Winter Rations

The longnecks didn't say a word as they parted once more, carving out a single path between them out towards what appeared to be the other side of the hill and what one could assume to be the Wyrmwound.

@N0B0DY
uCR5SCW.png
[center][center][img]http://i.imgur.com/T4Xmnqg.png[/img][/center] [i]The Abiding Boneyard is a desolate and blank place, with little to no vegetation. It is a burial ground for thousands of dragons, lost in its midst for eternity. The Boneyard is rumored to house the spirits of those that have attempted to trek forward towards the cauldron that pulses in the middle of the Wasteland. Thousands attempt and thousands loose their way, as the Boneyard is as unforgiving as the Contagion. The arid, growing wastes that make up the majority of this land are broad and deadly, even for denizens hardened by biological adaptation. Those that do make it to the center and heart of the Wasteland, however, tell tales of those that have lost themselves in the desert that is the Boneyard, damned to wander for eternity, their spirits angry and explosive, prepared to do anything and everything to drag more down with them.[/i] The groups reach the Boneyard despite the trials of the Wandering Contagion. There are no obvious cues as to which way to move forward, just a seemingly endless landscape of ash and dust, punctuated by small thickets of brush and a multitude of bones from the many beasts which have fallen in these wastes. The sparse landscape is almost a relief having barely escaped the rapid paced growth and change of the Wandering Contagion. Still, the starkness is unsettling. What is it that seems to strangle even the most virile lifeforms in this region? How can you stave it off? The group notices suddenly that the shadows seem to be shifting around a nearby boulder. The dragons edge forward, looking closely, but can’t see anything there. Did you imagine it? Is the desolation playing tricks on your mind and your eyes already? A different shadow lurches, this time from within a massive skeleton, collapsed in an eternal admittance of defeat. This time, though, it is clear what’s moved- a scarred mirror brandishing a cleaver, bound with bandages and adorned with bones and feathers stalks forward. His threatening appearance puts the group on guard, but he hisses an assurance. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12143034] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/121431/12143034_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "[b]Relax, I am not here to harm you, nor will I be here long. I will rejoin my pack shortly, but I am here as your emissary from the Abiding Boneyard. The land here is harsh, and I have little aid to offer; only the strongest will survive, and only the strongest deserve to embrace the glory of the Plaguebringer[/b]. "[b]Polemos sent you with little to fight off the wrath of the Wasteland. I am here to offer you more.[/b]" Before the dragon appears several items, akin to the one given by the blank fae at the beginning of the Wasteland. The mirror points one sharp claw at an [i][b]enchanted blade[/b][/i]. "[b]This blade will prove handy against some of the less...corporeal enemies you may find here. Haven’t you heard?[/b]” he grinned, “[b]The Abiding Boneyard has had quite a few unfortunate travellers. Some of them aren’t gone, even though they’re long dead…[/b]" The item next to the blade appears to be some [i][b]mysterious potion[/b][/i], its contents murky and unclear. The mirror touches the cap gently and says, "[b]The horrors here are enough to make lesser dragons lose their wits; this brew will help keep you sane. While there are surely dangers that lurk in the Abiding Boneyard, many of those who fall here simply lose their way or waste time running from shadows.[/b]" The next item is a glowing [i][b]emblem[/b][/i], a glowing mark of Plague carved into stone. "[b]The Abiding Boneyard is abound with spirits of the fallen, many of which are unsettling and aggressive. This artifact is supposed to keep away the worst of the ghosts, leaving you with far fewer worries along the way,[/b]" the mirror said, though he grinned for a second. "[b]Or so they say.[/b]" He gazed one final time around the group of dragons, nudging the items closer to them. "[b]Go on now, choose.[/b]" With that, he abruptly turned and bolted off. In the distance he could be seen joining a flurry of movement as a dozen mirrors stampede across the desert, singly focused, a power to be reckoned with. [i]OOC note: Please decide on one thing WITHIN your group. You may discuss which is best. As soon as you make your decision, ping @FloatingInSpace and @N0B0DY and we will give you your next event. If you do not choose by rollover 10/19, we will assume what was last mentioned will be your choice.[/i] @Akal @Stanzascale @Azure @staticmcawesome @surfingpikachu @Vil
T4Xmnqg.png

The Abiding Boneyard is a desolate and blank place, with little to no vegetation. It is a burial ground for thousands of dragons, lost in its midst for eternity.

The Boneyard is rumored to house the spirits of those that have attempted to trek forward towards the cauldron that pulses in the middle of the Wasteland. Thousands attempt and thousands loose their way, as the Boneyard is as unforgiving as the Contagion. The arid, growing wastes that make up the majority of this land are broad and deadly, even for denizens hardened by biological adaptation. Those that do make it to the center and heart of the Wasteland, however, tell tales of those that have lost themselves in the desert that is the Boneyard, damned to wander for eternity, their spirits angry and explosive, prepared to do anything and everything to drag more down with them.

The groups reach the Boneyard despite the trials of the Wandering Contagion. There are no obvious cues as to which way to move forward, just a seemingly endless landscape of ash and dust, punctuated by small thickets of brush and a multitude of bones from the many beasts which have fallen in these wastes. The sparse landscape is almost a relief having barely escaped the rapid paced growth and change of the Wandering Contagion.

Still, the starkness is unsettling. What is it that seems to strangle even the most virile lifeforms in this region? How can you stave it off? The group notices suddenly that the shadows seem to be shifting around a nearby boulder. The dragons edge forward, looking closely, but can’t see anything there. Did you imagine it? Is the desolation playing tricks on your mind and your eyes already? A different shadow lurches, this time from within a massive skeleton, collapsed in an eternal admittance of defeat. This time, though, it is clear what’s moved- a scarred mirror brandishing a cleaver, bound with bandages and adorned with bones and feathers stalks forward. His threatening appearance puts the group on guard, but he hisses an assurance.

"Relax, I am not here to harm you, nor will I be here long. I will rejoin my pack shortly, but I am here as your emissary from the Abiding Boneyard. The land here is harsh, and I have little aid to offer; only the strongest will survive, and only the strongest deserve to embrace the glory of the Plaguebringer.

"Polemos sent you with little to fight off the wrath of the Wasteland. I am here to offer you more."

Before the dragon appears several items, akin to the one given by the blank fae at the beginning of the Wasteland. The mirror points one sharp claw at an enchanted blade.

"This blade will prove handy against some of the less...corporeal enemies you may find here. Haven’t you heard?” he grinned, “The Abiding Boneyard has had quite a few unfortunate travellers. Some of them aren’t gone, even though they’re long dead…"

The item next to the blade appears to be some mysterious potion, its contents murky and unclear.

The mirror touches the cap gently and says, "The horrors here are enough to make lesser dragons lose their wits; this brew will help keep you sane. While there are surely dangers that lurk in the Abiding Boneyard, many of those who fall here simply lose their way or waste time running from shadows."

The next item is a glowing emblem, a glowing mark of Plague carved into stone.

"The Abiding Boneyard is abound with spirits of the fallen, many of which are unsettling and aggressive. This artifact is supposed to keep away the worst of the ghosts, leaving you with far fewer worries along the way," the mirror said, though he grinned for a second. "Or so they say."

He gazed one final time around the group of dragons, nudging the items closer to them. "Go on now, choose."

With that, he abruptly turned and bolted off. In the distance he could be seen joining a flurry of movement as a dozen mirrors stampede across the desert, singly focused, a power to be reckoned with.

OOC note: Please decide on one thing WITHIN your group. You may discuss which is best. As soon as you make your decision, ping @FloatingInSpace and @N0B0DY and we will give you your next event.
If you do not choose by rollover 10/19, we will assume what was last mentioned will be your choice.

@Akal @Stanzascale @Azure @staticmcawesome @surfingpikachu @Vil
wzRAAhQ.png
@Akal @staticmcawesome @Azure @surfingpikachu @Vil [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15720543][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/157206/15720543.png[/img][/url] Qualia lowered her head in a fashion that she hoped would be correctly interpreted as respectful, as she walked past the Longneck. ‘You have our gratitude for your munificence, Longneck. May your hunts be bountiful.’ [center]~~~[/center] The Skydancer felt calm as the landscape changed to the eerie nigh-on-stillness of the Boneyard. Preferable to the more frenzied nature of the Wandering Contagion, not that she expected the province to be any less forgiving. She blinked as she tried to recall the things she’d heard of clan-members’ travels in the region. Apparently there was said to be an inn, somewhere on the border of the two provinces. Not that they were likely to come upon it. The same likely applied with the crossroads which had almost faced catastrosphe some time before Qualia had made her way to the Sunbeam Ruins, so she was given to understand. The appearance of the Mirror caused Qualia to tense, raising her wings slightly. Relaxing, without lowering her guard, as the stranger expressed an understanding that the Fae they’d met had given them little preparation for the journey. The Skydancer considered the choice before the group. She almost shuddered at the thought of the sensation that would rattle her skull should members of the group fall to madness. Qualia looked out the corner of one eye towards the fickle shadows, ‘I would rather not stake so much on a chance,’ she gestured to an emblem. ‘Perhaps the blade would serve as prevention, which is preferable to waiting to use a cure.’ Qualia was leaning towards taking up an enchanted blade.
@Akal @staticmcawesome @Azure @surfingpikachu @Vil
15720543.png

Qualia lowered her head in a fashion that she hoped would be correctly interpreted as respectful, as she walked past the Longneck. ‘You have our gratitude for your munificence, Longneck. May your hunts be bountiful.’

~~~

The Skydancer felt calm as the landscape changed to the eerie nigh-on-stillness of the Boneyard. Preferable to the more frenzied nature of the Wandering Contagion, not that she expected the province to be any less forgiving. She blinked as she tried to recall the things she’d heard of clan-members’ travels in the region. Apparently there was said to be an inn, somewhere on the border of the two provinces. Not that they were likely to come upon it. The same likely applied with the crossroads which had almost faced catastrosphe some time before Qualia had made her way to the Sunbeam Ruins, so she was given to understand.

The appearance of the Mirror caused Qualia to tense, raising her wings slightly. Relaxing, without lowering her guard, as the stranger expressed an understanding that the Fae they’d met had given them little preparation for the journey.
The Skydancer considered the choice before the group. She almost shuddered at the thought of the sensation that would rattle her skull should members of the group fall to madness. Qualia looked out the corner of one eye towards the fickle shadows, ‘I would rather not stake so much on a chance,’ she gestured to an emblem. ‘Perhaps the blade would serve as prevention, which is preferable to waiting to use a cure.’ Qualia was leaning towards taking up an enchanted blade.
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
1 2 3 4 5 6