Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [RoR] CYWttW Team 1
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@Biohazardia @tonake
((I thought you might like it, tonake! :D))

"Sorry to say, but I do not. I will rid this place of your kind if it's the only thing I can do before this body rots- And what a body it is! So much hidden strength!"

She jumps again, aiming for Xaoc's chest. She misses, landing on a root, which rots away at her touch.

"I do not need the Plaguebringer to kill you, nor do I desire evolution. All I want is pure revenge. You can understand, can you not?"

She turns to Eunys coming up behind them.

"And you... You were out-done by a Nocturne. Pathetic. To the both of you, I'm sure she could've killed you at any time she wanted..."

[No. No I wouldn't, you stupid Spiral. Why won't you leave us alone?]

Kiera's head turns, slightly confused. She whispers something under her breath, almost as if arguing with something. She blinks and returns her gaze to the Nocturne and Ridgeback.

"It's time I finish you..."

She leaps into the sky again, and swoops down, this time aiming at Eunys. Her tail flicks up, poised and ready to cleave Eunys' head from her neck.
@Biohazardia @tonake
((I thought you might like it, tonake! :D))

"Sorry to say, but I do not. I will rid this place of your kind if it's the only thing I can do before this body rots- And what a body it is! So much hidden strength!"

She jumps again, aiming for Xaoc's chest. She misses, landing on a root, which rots away at her touch.

"I do not need the Plaguebringer to kill you, nor do I desire evolution. All I want is pure revenge. You can understand, can you not?"

She turns to Eunys coming up behind them.

"And you... You were out-done by a Nocturne. Pathetic. To the both of you, I'm sure she could've killed you at any time she wanted..."

[No. No I wouldn't, you stupid Spiral. Why won't you leave us alone?]

Kiera's head turns, slightly confused. She whispers something under her breath, almost as if arguing with something. She blinks and returns her gaze to the Nocturne and Ridgeback.

"It's time I finish you..."

She leaps into the sky again, and swoops down, this time aiming at Eunys. Her tail flicks up, poised and ready to cleave Eunys' head from her neck.
h8ppV79.pngPG7Fgon.png
@UserOfShadows @Biohazardia

Eunys might not have witnessed the previous scenes, but she wasn't stupid. Even though she spent most of the Boneyard fight trying to finish off the Imperial and didn't bother much with the orchestrator of that fight, she remembered the weird Spiral and his voice. She let out a frustrated groan after his "I'm-so-evil" speech and raised her spikes, preparing for battle.

"Oh, great. Eyeballs, you again? Revenge is a big talk from someone who got out-done by a Nocturne, himself. And I'm sure she'll out-do you, again." Eunys raised her voice when she noticed the possessed Nocturne's moment of hesitation. "Red! You still in there? Kick his sorry tail, and we'll help!"

But it seemed like the Spiral was in control again - Kiera rose into the sky, aiming at Eunys this time - and with her own wound still not healed, the Ridgeback didn't have the same agility as before. But perhaps she didn't need to dodge.

As the Nocturne swooped down, Eunys rose on her hind legs and brought her wings around in front of her. She might not have been born in Wind, but she was raised in it, and she'd picked up at least some tricks from her lairmates, especially as the clan moved closer to the Twisting Crescendo. You had to learn good wing control, there, and learn as much as you could about wind currents. So what Eunys did was angle her wings and body in such a way that the beat of her wings created a strong gust of wind in front of her - with the additional advantage of throwing her back a little bit, making dodging the possessed Nocturne easier. It wasn't a permanent solution, but perhaps all they needed right now was time.

Eunys might not have witnessed the previous scenes, but she wasn't stupid. Even though she spent most of the Boneyard fight trying to finish off the Imperial and didn't bother much with the orchestrator of that fight, she remembered the weird Spiral and his voice. She let out a frustrated groan after his "I'm-so-evil" speech and raised her spikes, preparing for battle.

"Oh, great. Eyeballs, you again? Revenge is a big talk from someone who got out-done by a Nocturne, himself. And I'm sure she'll out-do you, again." Eunys raised her voice when she noticed the possessed Nocturne's moment of hesitation. "Red! You still in there? Kick his sorry tail, and we'll help!"

But it seemed like the Spiral was in control again - Kiera rose into the sky, aiming at Eunys this time - and with her own wound still not healed, the Ridgeback didn't have the same agility as before. But perhaps she didn't need to dodge.

As the Nocturne swooped down, Eunys rose on her hind legs and brought her wings around in front of her. She might not have been born in Wind, but she was raised in it, and she'd picked up at least some tricks from her lairmates, especially as the clan moved closer to the Twisting Crescendo. You had to learn good wing control, there, and learn as much as you could about wind currents. So what Eunys did was angle her wings and body in such a way that the beat of her wings created a strong gust of wind in front of her - with the additional advantage of throwing her back a little bit, making dodging the possessed Nocturne easier. It wasn't a permanent solution, but perhaps all they needed right now was time.
HUPya8X.pngfj9buO7.pnghIj7jwJ.png
9hSEhEA.pngGICME1y.png7fAUMwP.png
1D2yhnu.pngK507Hal.pngudcB2pK.png
@tonake

"You sorry little piece of..."

Kiera is knocked back by the wind, wings flailing.

[Go Eunys!]

Kiera snaps at thin air, growling. In a hiss-like voice, she whispers to nothing,

"Don't cheer the enemy on, you idiot!"

She turns back to Eunys. Her tail swings slowly below her, the blood from her wound running down the edge. The dark liquid appears tainted, but it steams and dissipates along the blade, as if it can't bear to touch the sword.

Kiera darts off sideways, intending to make her way around Eunys' wings. If she could reach her from behind...
@tonake

"You sorry little piece of..."

Kiera is knocked back by the wind, wings flailing.

[Go Eunys!]

Kiera snaps at thin air, growling. In a hiss-like voice, she whispers to nothing,

"Don't cheer the enemy on, you idiot!"

She turns back to Eunys. Her tail swings slowly below her, the blood from her wound running down the edge. The dark liquid appears tainted, but it steams and dissipates along the blade, as if it can't bear to touch the sword.

Kiera darts off sideways, intending to make her way around Eunys' wings. If she could reach her from behind...
h8ppV79.pngPG7Fgon.png
@UserofShadows @Tonake

Xaoc gave a low growl of irritation as he watched the small (possessed) Kiera flying about Eunys. Part of him wanted to just stab her, but that would kill Kiera too and the Spiral would just jump bodies, leaving them with a dead teammate. He and Eunys would have to not injure Kiera but instead try to figure out how to bring back the real sword-loving Nocturne inside. Xaoc thought of the things that the crimson Nocturne had spoke about with passion. If she could control her body to succumb for just a moment - perhaps Eunys could hold her down and Xaoc could pour the healing potion on her stomach, or insert the spirit-killing sword into the burbling black liquid that seemed to be coming from her wound. He flew like an arrow around Eunys's other side. "Big! Your wing wraps. Maybe red will bring her back." As he said this he gave a loud hiss and as Kiera was attempting to attack the slower moving Eunys, he also made to pounce on Kiera's back and try to weigh her to the ground, tail aiming to curl around hers and immobilize that dangerous weapon curled at the end.
@UserofShadows @Tonake

Xaoc gave a low growl of irritation as he watched the small (possessed) Kiera flying about Eunys. Part of him wanted to just stab her, but that would kill Kiera too and the Spiral would just jump bodies, leaving them with a dead teammate. He and Eunys would have to not injure Kiera but instead try to figure out how to bring back the real sword-loving Nocturne inside. Xaoc thought of the things that the crimson Nocturne had spoke about with passion. If she could control her body to succumb for just a moment - perhaps Eunys could hold her down and Xaoc could pour the healing potion on her stomach, or insert the spirit-killing sword into the burbling black liquid that seemed to be coming from her wound. He flew like an arrow around Eunys's other side. "Big! Your wing wraps. Maybe red will bring her back." As he said this he gave a loud hiss and as Kiera was attempting to attack the slower moving Eunys, he also made to pounce on Kiera's back and try to weigh her to the ground, tail aiming to curl around hers and immobilize that dangerous weapon curled at the end.
@Biohazardia @tonake

Kiera growls as Xaoc knocks her down, his tail wrapping around her own.

"You just don't get it, do you? You can't get her back. Not the way you're trying. A simple color is hardly enough."

She strikes at Xaoc's face, missing. The opponent is larger and easily pins her to the ground. The plants and beasts try to inch forward so as to snatch Xaoc, but Kiera's strange aura holds them back.

"I can tell you don't want to injure her. Tough- my poison holds her, the only way to brink her back would be to get rid of it. But, seeing as it has taken nearly every inch of her body, that's somewhat impossible."

She grins, and shuts her eyes, hissing a strange spell. She then appears to melt into the ground, dark blood steaming in a puddle below Xaoc's arms. She reforms right next to him.

"Die."

She strikes at Xaoc's neck, quick as lightning- and freezes. Her mouth is wide open, not even an inch from the other Nocturne's neck. A second more and he'd be dead.

[Well, I know you guys can't hear me, but here's your chance! The sword is a cure, it sucks away the darkened blood!]

Her tail sits frozen, angled in a position where one touch could tear off Xaoc's wing. Seems that was a backup plan if her neck bite missed.

[Oh and if you can move? I'd do it. Little close there.]
@Biohazardia @tonake

Kiera growls as Xaoc knocks her down, his tail wrapping around her own.

"You just don't get it, do you? You can't get her back. Not the way you're trying. A simple color is hardly enough."

She strikes at Xaoc's face, missing. The opponent is larger and easily pins her to the ground. The plants and beasts try to inch forward so as to snatch Xaoc, but Kiera's strange aura holds them back.

"I can tell you don't want to injure her. Tough- my poison holds her, the only way to brink her back would be to get rid of it. But, seeing as it has taken nearly every inch of her body, that's somewhat impossible."

She grins, and shuts her eyes, hissing a strange spell. She then appears to melt into the ground, dark blood steaming in a puddle below Xaoc's arms. She reforms right next to him.

"Die."

She strikes at Xaoc's neck, quick as lightning- and freezes. Her mouth is wide open, not even an inch from the other Nocturne's neck. A second more and he'd be dead.

[Well, I know you guys can't hear me, but here's your chance! The sword is a cure, it sucks away the darkened blood!]

Her tail sits frozen, angled in a position where one touch could tear off Xaoc's wing. Seems that was a backup plan if her neck bite missed.

[Oh and if you can move? I'd do it. Little close there.]
h8ppV79.pngPG7Fgon.png

Eunys was knocked back by her wingbeat, but managed to turn it into a spiky backwards roll and spring up to her feet. The tree she'd hit earlier looms over her, creaking ominously, but doesn't seem to present a danger yet - but the other roots and insects made their way hungrily to the Ridgeback. Eunys snarled, her tail lashing out to knock back the more adventurous of the creatures, and charged forward just in time to see Kiera, about to strike Xaoc, freeze. Eunys gave a triumphant roar.

"Hah! Hold him, Red, we'll think of something!" But it was easier said than done. The cursed Spiral had escaped Xaoc once already, so perhaps holding Kiera down was out of the question. But, on the other hand...

Eunys crouched down by the pair of Nocturnes, and made to wrench the sword out of Kiera's tail grip. Disarming the opponent was the most important right now... and if that worked, Eunys was ready to press the Nocturne into the ground, mouth first so the Spiral wouldn't have the chance to read another backstabbing spell.

Eunys was knocked back by her wingbeat, but managed to turn it into a spiky backwards roll and spring up to her feet. The tree she'd hit earlier looms over her, creaking ominously, but doesn't seem to present a danger yet - but the other roots and insects made their way hungrily to the Ridgeback. Eunys snarled, her tail lashing out to knock back the more adventurous of the creatures, and charged forward just in time to see Kiera, about to strike Xaoc, freeze. Eunys gave a triumphant roar.

"Hah! Hold him, Red, we'll think of something!" But it was easier said than done. The cursed Spiral had escaped Xaoc once already, so perhaps holding Kiera down was out of the question. But, on the other hand...

Eunys crouched down by the pair of Nocturnes, and made to wrench the sword out of Kiera's tail grip. Disarming the opponent was the most important right now... and if that worked, Eunys was ready to press the Nocturne into the ground, mouth first so the Spiral wouldn't have the chance to read another backstabbing spell.
@Biohazardia @tonake

Just as Eunys is about to grab the sword, Kiera's tail moves. The blade scratches Eunys' arm, a shallow cut but still painful. Kiera's head jerks back away from Xaoc, glaring directly at Eunys' face.

"Did you really think it'd be that easy?"

She tilts her head, faded eyes staring innocently at the Ridgeback.

"Did you notice how these roots are afraid of me? If you go and cut me away, you're losing a valuable defense. I'm the only reason you're not being used as plant food right now."

As if for proof, a large root jumps towards the crimson Nocturne, only to rot and shrivel within three meters.

"By all means, try and get rid of me. Either way you're going to die... If not by my claws, then by the land itself. But I doubt you'll get that far."

[...Oops. Uh... Just, uh... Calm... Stay calm... I'll just freeze him up again. I hope that works. Probably will. Maybe.]

Kiera lunges for Eunys' throat, ignoring all else. Her maw stretches almost like that of a serpent, ready to kill. She freezes just in time, an inch short of ending the larger dragon, and falls to the ground, curled up in a ball and tail whipping from side to side.
@Biohazardia @tonake

Just as Eunys is about to grab the sword, Kiera's tail moves. The blade scratches Eunys' arm, a shallow cut but still painful. Kiera's head jerks back away from Xaoc, glaring directly at Eunys' face.

"Did you really think it'd be that easy?"

She tilts her head, faded eyes staring innocently at the Ridgeback.

"Did you notice how these roots are afraid of me? If you go and cut me away, you're losing a valuable defense. I'm the only reason you're not being used as plant food right now."

As if for proof, a large root jumps towards the crimson Nocturne, only to rot and shrivel within three meters.

"By all means, try and get rid of me. Either way you're going to die... If not by my claws, then by the land itself. But I doubt you'll get that far."

[...Oops. Uh... Just, uh... Calm... Stay calm... I'll just freeze him up again. I hope that works. Probably will. Maybe.]

Kiera lunges for Eunys' throat, ignoring all else. Her maw stretches almost like that of a serpent, ready to kill. She freezes just in time, an inch short of ending the larger dragon, and falls to the ground, curled up in a ball and tail whipping from side to side.
h8ppV79.pngPG7Fgon.png
@UserofShadows @Tonake

Xaoc made to flinch away as he saw Kiera/Spiral melt into the ground, suddenly to find her jaws at his throat. His gaze flickered, a faint hiss wafting from his lips. Xaoc was not a stranger to near death situations, but it was pathetic that the Spiral had almost gotten the better of him. "We're not afraid of the Wyrmwound, and Kiera, Big and I will best you too," he hissed in her ear before she jerked away from him.

As the Spiral made his silly speech Xaoc tried to assess the situation once more. Quickly flying over to Eunys, he used the sword to hack off a few more of her maroon wing-wraps, this time without asking first. "Sorry not sorry," he muttered. As Kiera lunged for the platinum Ridgeback's throat he raised his wings to block her - not fast enough. But thankfully Kiera seemed to be battling the Spiral from the inside. "Hold her tail," he instructed as he jumped towards the smaller Nocturne, as she opened her jaws, aiming to ram the red cloth inside to perhaps give Kiera within some strength. Meanwhile his tail lashed upward and around him, flicking like whip if her own sword-equipped tail came close. It would have been better of course to use the spirit sword, but with her curled up like that it would be impossible to get to her stomach.
@UserofShadows @Tonake

Xaoc made to flinch away as he saw Kiera/Spiral melt into the ground, suddenly to find her jaws at his throat. His gaze flickered, a faint hiss wafting from his lips. Xaoc was not a stranger to near death situations, but it was pathetic that the Spiral had almost gotten the better of him. "We're not afraid of the Wyrmwound, and Kiera, Big and I will best you too," he hissed in her ear before she jerked away from him.

As the Spiral made his silly speech Xaoc tried to assess the situation once more. Quickly flying over to Eunys, he used the sword to hack off a few more of her maroon wing-wraps, this time without asking first. "Sorry not sorry," he muttered. As Kiera lunged for the platinum Ridgeback's throat he raised his wings to block her - not fast enough. But thankfully Kiera seemed to be battling the Spiral from the inside. "Hold her tail," he instructed as he jumped towards the smaller Nocturne, as she opened her jaws, aiming to ram the red cloth inside to perhaps give Kiera within some strength. Meanwhile his tail lashed upward and around him, flicking like whip if her own sword-equipped tail came close. It would have been better of course to use the spirit sword, but with her curled up like that it would be impossible to get to her stomach.
@Biohazardia @UserOfShadows ((SORRY GUYS GOT SWALLOWED UP BY WORK STUFF! I'M REALLY VERY SORRY OTL))

Eunys snarled and spat as the Spiral mocked her, the new cut already starting to swell and itch irritably - not a good sign, that. But she wasn't about to give up or show weakness.

"Plant food? You couldn't handle us the first time, and now you're hoping some plants will do your work. Pathetic."

The Spiral-Nocturne's next attack came faster than Eunys expected, and she didn't have the time to blow the enemy away again. She only had the time to flinch, but it seemed like Kiera was battling the Spiral, too - she fell away on the ground, her tail lashing from side to side. The Ridgeback gave a half-surprised, half-angry huff at the Spiral's persistance - some dragons just didn't know when to give up and die, really - but followed Xaoc's instruction, pinning Kiera's tail down (with enough care not to break anything; she wasn't about to injure their teammate when it looked like they had a chance to win without resorting to that.)

"I really hope this'll work, Tiny. I'm getting really sick of Eyeballs here, and I'm a Plague dragon. We don't usually get sick."
@Biohazardia @UserOfShadows ((SORRY GUYS GOT SWALLOWED UP BY WORK STUFF! I'M REALLY VERY SORRY OTL))

Eunys snarled and spat as the Spiral mocked her, the new cut already starting to swell and itch irritably - not a good sign, that. But she wasn't about to give up or show weakness.

"Plant food? You couldn't handle us the first time, and now you're hoping some plants will do your work. Pathetic."

The Spiral-Nocturne's next attack came faster than Eunys expected, and she didn't have the time to blow the enemy away again. She only had the time to flinch, but it seemed like Kiera was battling the Spiral, too - she fell away on the ground, her tail lashing from side to side. The Ridgeback gave a half-surprised, half-angry huff at the Spiral's persistance - some dragons just didn't know when to give up and die, really - but followed Xaoc's instruction, pinning Kiera's tail down (with enough care not to break anything; she wasn't about to injure their teammate when it looked like they had a chance to win without resorting to that.)

"I really hope this'll work, Tiny. I'm getting really sick of Eyeballs here, and I'm a Plague dragon. We don't usually get sick."
@Biohazardia @tonake ((AAHHHH I WASN'T ABLE TO GET ON FOR A WHILE LET'S GO GAH. I think we should end this since omg it's already sunday eep.))

Kiera snarls as the Ridgeback pins her tail down, and winces in pain. Her teeth gnash together, unable to lunge for an enemy due to the inner Nocturne's will. Growling, she fades into the ground again, relieving Eunys' grip. However, she reappears just inches away, uncurled and tail frozen above her heart. She immediately shoves the blade into her own chest, hissing with pain.

"Idiots... All of you, stubborn idiots... I will not die..."

The blade hums with energy, the small dragon's blood spilling in a puddle on the ground, boiling hot and catching flame in places. The magical sword shatters, using the last of its energy to purify the dragon. The pieces disappear like mist.

Kiera lies on the ground, breathing hard and bleeding profusely. But her eyes return with their fiery glow, and she smiles, alive.

"...Heh... Haha... Hahaha! Yes! Now uh... We might... want to... get... out of here. Quickly."

As she speaks, the roots slowly creep forward, testing if the demon is truly gone.
@Biohazardia @tonake ((AAHHHH I WASN'T ABLE TO GET ON FOR A WHILE LET'S GO GAH. I think we should end this since omg it's already sunday eep.))

Kiera snarls as the Ridgeback pins her tail down, and winces in pain. Her teeth gnash together, unable to lunge for an enemy due to the inner Nocturne's will. Growling, she fades into the ground again, relieving Eunys' grip. However, she reappears just inches away, uncurled and tail frozen above her heart. She immediately shoves the blade into her own chest, hissing with pain.

"Idiots... All of you, stubborn idiots... I will not die..."

The blade hums with energy, the small dragon's blood spilling in a puddle on the ground, boiling hot and catching flame in places. The magical sword shatters, using the last of its energy to purify the dragon. The pieces disappear like mist.

Kiera lies on the ground, breathing hard and bleeding profusely. But her eyes return with their fiery glow, and she smiles, alive.

"...Heh... Haha... Hahaha! Yes! Now uh... We might... want to... get... out of here. Quickly."

As she speaks, the roots slowly creep forward, testing if the demon is truly gone.
h8ppV79.pngPG7Fgon.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10