Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [RoR] CYWttW Team 1
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@gabrielnovak @Tonake @Ciphers @UserofShadows

Xaoc twisted his neck and gaze around to look at the shallow cut in his shoulder. "Hmph." Uncorking the healing potion, he dabbed a couple drops on the wound - scabs of gold were already forming. He didn't want anything to get infected after all. Then he looked towards his other teammates. Kiera looked especially hurt. She had been a useful member of the team. It would a shame if she died before she could help them with more tasks. He moved closer to her, eyeing her bloody belly. "Did it get any internal organs?" he asked in a flat voice. Then in a slightly joking tone, "I guess now you have something you might be able to eat." Blood from the Imperial, Spiral and Mirror, as well as Kiera's own blood and some of Khione's covered the ground.
@gabrielnovak @Tonake @Ciphers @UserofShadows

Xaoc twisted his neck and gaze around to look at the shallow cut in his shoulder. "Hmph." Uncorking the healing potion, he dabbed a couple drops on the wound - scabs of gold were already forming. He didn't want anything to get infected after all. Then he looked towards his other teammates. Kiera looked especially hurt. She had been a useful member of the team. It would a shame if she died before she could help them with more tasks. He moved closer to her, eyeing her bloody belly. "Did it get any internal organs?" he asked in a flat voice. Then in a slightly joking tone, "I guess now you have something you might be able to eat." Blood from the Imperial, Spiral and Mirror, as well as Kiera's own blood and some of Khione's covered the ground.
@Biohazardia

"No, nothing important. Pretty sure I have a few cracked ribs though."

Thankfully, she didn't seem to have any difficulty breathing. She uncorks her own Potion, pouring about half of it over the wound. She winces from the sting, but changes her expression quickly.

"That's true, I suppose. Though I don't think I'd like the taste of their blood... Too old, too dangerous."

Kiera snatches a bit of the wraps on her tail, dropping the sword, and ties them tight over her wound to keep from bleeding out.

"I'm just glad no one died."
@Biohazardia

"No, nothing important. Pretty sure I have a few cracked ribs though."

Thankfully, she didn't seem to have any difficulty breathing. She uncorks her own Potion, pouring about half of it over the wound. She winces from the sting, but changes her expression quickly.

"That's true, I suppose. Though I don't think I'd like the taste of their blood... Too old, too dangerous."

Kiera snatches a bit of the wraps on her tail, dropping the sword, and ties them tight over her wound to keep from bleeding out.

"I'm just glad no one died."
h8ppV79.pngPG7Fgon.png
@Biohazardia @gabrielnovak @Tonake @UserOfShadows [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=11740830] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/117409/11740830.png[/img] [/url][/center] A short shriek escaped Khione's maw when the spirit's head dissipated, leaving only an unmoving body. She tentatively plucked at it, relaxing when she heard the hollow plunk of ice. [i]I... did it. I kinda killed another dragon.[/i] A puzzled look traced her face as she mulled over the idea. If it had already been dead, would it still be considered killing? But her attention was quickly drawn back to the wound she sustained. There were three gashes. Two were shallow, but the third extended far into her muscle. Luckily the blood already began to clot, but still slopped lazily down her neck. In the spirit of safety, Khione uncorked the potion from the beginning of the excursion and dribbled some over the cuts. Satisfied with her own care, she swaggered herself to the two talking Nocturnes, the other two dragons not far away. "I suppose you fared well enough? Now what else will we have to do in these forsaken lands?" As she spoke, the soft snowflakes that surrounded her began to settle on the ground, melting quietly on the blood-spattered ground. Soon only a handful drifted around her. The hot, humid, putrid, and rotting lands were taking their toll. (Pfft. I dunno what I'm doing anymore. .3.)
@Biohazardia @gabrielnovak @Tonake @UserOfShadows

A short shriek escaped Khione's maw when the spirit's head dissipated, leaving only an unmoving body. She tentatively plucked at it, relaxing when she heard the hollow plunk of ice.

I... did it. I kinda killed another dragon.

A puzzled look traced her face as she mulled over the idea. If it had already been dead, would it still be considered killing? But her attention was quickly drawn back to the wound she sustained. There were three gashes. Two were shallow, but the third extended far into her muscle. Luckily the blood already began to clot, but still slopped lazily down her neck. In the spirit of safety, Khione uncorked the potion from the beginning of the excursion and dribbled some over the cuts.

Satisfied with her own care, she swaggered herself to the two talking Nocturnes, the other two dragons not far away.

"I suppose you fared well enough? Now what else will we have to do in these forsaken lands?"

As she spoke, the soft snowflakes that surrounded her began to settle on the ground, melting quietly on the blood-spattered ground. Soon only a handful drifted around her. The hot, humid, putrid, and rotting lands were taking their toll.

(Pfft. I dunno what I'm doing anymore. .3.)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - lightning_banner.png
Listen to the Thunder
Hear Us Roar
Zh duh wkh Fodq ri wkh Vfuhdplqj Vwrup
lightning_banner.png
@Biohazardia @UserOfShadows @Ciphers ((Ugh guys I'm really sorry for the lack of activity, got hit pretty hard with RL to the point I didn't really have the time to even post a notice ._. you've done a really great job here though, thanks so much!))

"Good job, Red," Eunys called out, settling down heavily. She was bleeding where the Imperial's attacks hit her, and one of her eyes was scratched over, but the most dangerous wound was the wound near the base of her neck, where the damn undead managed to sink his teeth into her flesh. It made the rest of the fight a little awkward, as well as having to fight with a weapon she wasn't used to - speaking of the sword... She still had it in one of her hands, but then thrust it into the ground, a bit more vengefully than needed. She wasn't sure which she loathed more right now, the damn piece of metal or the stupid ghosts you couldn't fight without it. Eunys spat on the ground, and then grinned.

"Hey, Tiny. Nice move, going after Eyeballs, but I was afraid you'd kill him too soon and give us no time to have fun. Good thing I was wrong, eh?"

Turning back to Kiera, she added: "Patch yourself up, Red. With the stuff you pulled just now, looks like we'll need you again. Doubt you should drink the blood, though, who knows where that's been. If you want, you can eat my wraps. They're kinda red."

However, unlike the others, Eunys herself didn't seem ready to use her potion yet. She looked down at her chest critically and snarled something to herself. Then, she turned over to Khione, tapping her chest near her wound.

"Hey, Ice Queen. Think you can freeze this for me? I want to see what happens. One of my clan's healers does this sometimes, and she's Ice too."
@Biohazardia @UserOfShadows @Ciphers ((Ugh guys I'm really sorry for the lack of activity, got hit pretty hard with RL to the point I didn't really have the time to even post a notice ._. you've done a really great job here though, thanks so much!))

"Good job, Red," Eunys called out, settling down heavily. She was bleeding where the Imperial's attacks hit her, and one of her eyes was scratched over, but the most dangerous wound was the wound near the base of her neck, where the damn undead managed to sink his teeth into her flesh. It made the rest of the fight a little awkward, as well as having to fight with a weapon she wasn't used to - speaking of the sword... She still had it in one of her hands, but then thrust it into the ground, a bit more vengefully than needed. She wasn't sure which she loathed more right now, the damn piece of metal or the stupid ghosts you couldn't fight without it. Eunys spat on the ground, and then grinned.

"Hey, Tiny. Nice move, going after Eyeballs, but I was afraid you'd kill him too soon and give us no time to have fun. Good thing I was wrong, eh?"

Turning back to Kiera, she added: "Patch yourself up, Red. With the stuff you pulled just now, looks like we'll need you again. Doubt you should drink the blood, though, who knows where that's been. If you want, you can eat my wraps. They're kinda red."

However, unlike the others, Eunys herself didn't seem ready to use her potion yet. She looked down at her chest critically and snarled something to herself. Then, she turned over to Khione, tapping her chest near her wound.

"Hey, Ice Queen. Think you can freeze this for me? I want to see what happens. One of my clan's healers does this sometimes, and she's Ice too."
HUPya8X.pngfj9buO7.pnghIj7jwJ.png
9hSEhEA.pngGICME1y.png7fAUMwP.png
1D2yhnu.pngK507Hal.pngudcB2pK.png
@tonake

((No problem! RL can get you sometimes.))

"Thanks, Eunys. You look... Hurt? I hope you're alright. And trust me, I have no plans to drink this blood. I'm not very hungry right now anyway, though, but thank you for offering."

@Ciphers @Biohazardia

"We're doing good, thanks, Khione."

Kiera holds her wings close to the wraps around her chest. The blood is slowing, but there's a small puddle beneath her. Her tail flicks rapidly but softly.

"Not sure what we do next, though. I think we all need a bit of rest. How are you feeling?"
@tonake

((No problem! RL can get you sometimes.))

"Thanks, Eunys. You look... Hurt? I hope you're alright. And trust me, I have no plans to drink this blood. I'm not very hungry right now anyway, though, but thank you for offering."

@Ciphers @Biohazardia

"We're doing good, thanks, Khione."

Kiera holds her wings close to the wraps around her chest. The blood is slowing, but there's a small puddle beneath her. Her tail flicks rapidly but softly.

"Not sure what we do next, though. I think we all need a bit of rest. How are you feeling?"
h8ppV79.pngPG7Fgon.png
@tonake @UserOfShadows [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=11740830] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/117409/11740830.png[/img] [/url][/center] Khione rolled here eyes at the calling of 'Ice Queen.' She supposed that was something that she could do. With a muttered 'Yeah, sure' she moved close to the Ridgeback and hovered her claws close to the mentioned wound. The cold air that surrounded her body, boosted with a bit of magic, caused the blood to freeze over the bite marks and some of the surrounding scales. To the average eye, it looked fine but Khione's eyes widened at it. The blood-ice was thin and fragile-looking, but it would hopefully hold. "Tired," she snipped quietly to the red Nocturne's question. "There better be no more fighting... Or getting up close and personal with the gross land." Khione backed away from the others, gaze flickering around her. Worry bled into her face. [i]What? Where is the snow going? Don't you dare tell me my core temperature is going up after all that... I don't know what'll happen.[/i] She slowly shook her head and straightened her face. She had to keep 'cool and confident.'
@tonake @UserOfShadows

Khione rolled here eyes at the calling of 'Ice Queen.' She supposed that was something that she could do. With a muttered 'Yeah, sure' she moved close to the Ridgeback and hovered her claws close to the mentioned wound. The cold air that surrounded her body, boosted with a bit of magic, caused the blood to freeze over the bite marks and some of the surrounding scales. To the average eye, it looked fine but Khione's eyes widened at it. The blood-ice was thin and fragile-looking, but it would hopefully hold.

"Tired," she snipped quietly to the red Nocturne's question. "There better be no more fighting... Or getting up close and personal with the gross land."

Khione backed away from the others, gaze flickering around her. Worry bled into her face.

What? Where is the snow going? Don't you dare tell me my core temperature is going up after all that... I don't know what'll happen.

She slowly shook her head and straightened her face. She had to keep 'cool and confident.'
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - lightning_banner.png
Listen to the Thunder
Hear Us Roar
Zh duh wkh Fodq ri wkh Vfuhdplqj Vwrup
lightning_banner.png
@UserOfShadows @Ciphers @tonake

Xaoc shook his head bitterly. At least he had taken the fewest injuries, but: "It seems my strategy was to no avail. You all were injured before I could bring him down, and the whole point was the kill the puppetmaster so as to cut the puppet strings." He looked at Kiera again. Eunys was true, her skills would be useful in any upcoming challenges, as she had certainly proved her worth in this battle. Even if she wasn't in danger of bleeding out instantly, she would weaken over time for sure. Plus if the blood continued to drip through the bandages like that, more of the Plague creatures would smell them so stealth would be out the window. "Is anybody advanced in Fire magic? it would be good to at least partially cauterize that wound...and Kiera, even if you aren't hungry, I do think it would be good for you to suck the color out of Big's wraps. You should keep your strength up."

He watched with interest as Khione froze Eunys's wound. How would this work, considering that Eunys's blood would just heat up the ice and melt it, causing the water to mix with platelets and scabs and allowing more blood to flow...it would be good to learn about new healing techniques he was unaware of. As he kept his gaze on Eunys, he collected some of the flesh blood off the ground into tiny vials from the Spiral and each of the spirit dragons, corking them and putting them into a small pouch which he stored away.
@UserOfShadows @Ciphers @tonake

Xaoc shook his head bitterly. At least he had taken the fewest injuries, but: "It seems my strategy was to no avail. You all were injured before I could bring him down, and the whole point was the kill the puppetmaster so as to cut the puppet strings." He looked at Kiera again. Eunys was true, her skills would be useful in any upcoming challenges, as she had certainly proved her worth in this battle. Even if she wasn't in danger of bleeding out instantly, she would weaken over time for sure. Plus if the blood continued to drip through the bandages like that, more of the Plague creatures would smell them so stealth would be out the window. "Is anybody advanced in Fire magic? it would be good to at least partially cauterize that wound...and Kiera, even if you aren't hungry, I do think it would be good for you to suck the color out of Big's wraps. You should keep your strength up."

He watched with interest as Khione froze Eunys's wound. How would this work, considering that Eunys's blood would just heat up the ice and melt it, causing the water to mix with platelets and scabs and allowing more blood to flow...it would be good to learn about new healing techniques he was unaware of. As he kept his gaze on Eunys, he collected some of the flesh blood off the ground into tiny vials from the Spiral and each of the spirit dragons, corking them and putting them into a small pouch which he stored away.
@Ciphers

"Thanks." Eunys grinned, and then winced at the pain in her face. With a dissatisfied grunt, she took out her healing potion and poured a little bit of it over her eye wound. While she was prepared to risk her chest, losing an eye wasn't on her agenda (although the scar would surely look cool). Giving a soft hiss at the potion's stinging, she watched Khione carefully - the Wildclaw sure seemed agitated about something. Was that her first fight or something?

"Hey, Ice Queen. Never killed anyone before? This wasn't very tiring, if you ask me." Eunys gave a snort, and then raised her spikes despite her protesting muscles, leaning closer to Khione. "Also, I'd thank you for not calling my homeland 'gross'. If you hate it so much, why are you here at all?" There was that suggestion of menace in her tone, but curiosity in her eyes as well. She knew why she and Red were here now, and Tiny... Well, he was whatever he was, but his presence in the Plaguelands wasn't very surprising. The Wildclaw, however, was suspicious. An Iceborn, seemingly so put-off by the land she was in... What could she hope to gain from facing the Plaguebringer?
@Ciphers

"Thanks." Eunys grinned, and then winced at the pain in her face. With a dissatisfied grunt, she took out her healing potion and poured a little bit of it over her eye wound. While she was prepared to risk her chest, losing an eye wasn't on her agenda (although the scar would surely look cool). Giving a soft hiss at the potion's stinging, she watched Khione carefully - the Wildclaw sure seemed agitated about something. Was that her first fight or something?

"Hey, Ice Queen. Never killed anyone before? This wasn't very tiring, if you ask me." Eunys gave a snort, and then raised her spikes despite her protesting muscles, leaning closer to Khione. "Also, I'd thank you for not calling my homeland 'gross'. If you hate it so much, why are you here at all?" There was that suggestion of menace in her tone, but curiosity in her eyes as well. She knew why she and Red were here now, and Tiny... Well, he was whatever he was, but his presence in the Plaguelands wasn't very surprising. The Wildclaw, however, was suspicious. An Iceborn, seemingly so put-off by the land she was in... What could she hope to gain from facing the Plaguebringer?
HUPya8X.pngfj9buO7.pnghIj7jwJ.png
9hSEhEA.pngGICME1y.png7fAUMwP.png
1D2yhnu.pngK507Hal.pngudcB2pK.png
@Ciphers @tonake @Biohazardia

"I..."

Kiera nearly protests, but quickly thinks better of it.

"Thank you."

She lies down, as comfortably as possible, using her wing feathers as a cushion for the wound. She then takes a small piece of Eunys' wing wraps, which was left on the ground for her, and chews on it. Slowly but surely, the material turns grey as she drains the color. She then shuts her fiery eyes and curls up, fast asleep.
@Ciphers @tonake @Biohazardia

"I..."

Kiera nearly protests, but quickly thinks better of it.

"Thank you."

She lies down, as comfortably as possible, using her wing feathers as a cushion for the wound. She then takes a small piece of Eunys' wing wraps, which was left on the ground for her, and chews on it. Slowly but surely, the material turns grey as she drains the color. She then shuts her fiery eyes and curls up, fast asleep.
h8ppV79.pngPG7Fgon.png
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/QLBOOXd.png[/img][/center] [center][i]It is said that the ring of this immense crater is both a welcome sight and bittersweet image of pilgrims who challenge themselves in the boneyard. However, dragons should be wary of the Rotrock Rim, as even the earth beneath them is alive and festering.[/i] [i]The Plaguebringer herself is rumored to have blessed the plants that lie so close to the bubbling Wyrmwound. A popular rumor claims that the plants are extensions of the god herself. Some others say that the Wasteland is a living and breathing creature and that every plant is actually part of this creature. Whatever the case, the Rotrock Rim is one of the most dangerous parts of the Wasteland. Festering with life, the Rim is not something to be underestimated. Nothing is sacred. Nothing is safe.[/i] Nothing awaits the dragons when they arrive at the Rim, broken and battered from the tedious trek through the Boneyard. There are no dragons standing before tables, no creaking signs telling them where to go. There is nothing before them that says what they might find ahead and no objects that stand out among the writhing mess of roots and branches. In fact, there are nothing but roots and branches before the dragons. Some shift slowly, like rolling waves. Others twitch, jerking and jumping every second or so. Some have boils that burst and liquid oozes out from the newly formed sores. A few have other plants growing on them; flowers that are bright yet dying, their petals brown and withered; mushroom caps that are red and beady, like eyes; and grasses that are a dull brown color but seem to sway in the nonexistent wind. A shadow suddenly passes over the dragons and a sudden [i]whoosh[/i] is heard. Glancing up, a dragon in the sky hovers above them. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7917283] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/79173/7917283_350.png[/img] [/url] The dragon is as golden as the sun, with armor that can be heard clinking above them. They do not seem keen to land and instead drop a satchel in their claws down below before the dragons. Inside the satchel is a [b]set of daggers, [/b] sharp and shiny and ready to be wielded. There are also a few jars of a [b]mysterious liquid[/b] that are bottled and corked. A single small bag is also in the satchel. Opening it, [b]fine red powder [/b]can be found. It appears to be a mix of Cerdae Sparkle and crushed up Bloodstones. The dragon turns to them and begins to speak, their voice quiet and getting lost among the rustling plants. "[b]Daggers are for stabbing the plants. Careful you don't pop a boil or agitate them more! That liquid is used to help prevent any roots from latching onto your skin. It is slippery and sticky enough that you can just peel it off, like a sort of wrap with the roots. That powder you see? Some claim that is able to clog the sense of creatures here. Whether or not it does, well. We'll see.[/b]" There was a sudden rumbling sound and the dragons swore, darting off. Suddenly, the landscape came to life. Roots lashed out and latched onto their legs, dragging them downwards to entomb them forever. The roots tightened around their legs, almost as if to dig themselves in and root the dragons to the spot, to serve as permanent statues and reminders to the Wasteland's might. As the dragons moved, the branches from nearby trees suddenly began to move like whips, lashing and scarring their hides. None seemed able to draw blood yet, but the welts left behind were painful enough. There was no telling whether or not anything on the branches were poisonous or sharp enough to puncture a dragon's hide, but it was best not to dwell on it. Then, a different sound is heard. The sound of thousands of skittering legs, inching closer and closer to the dragons, hardened by the Wasteland and no doubt crawling with diseases. Some could be seen with their pincers opening and shutting, staring at the dragons with beady red eyes. The Rim was closing in, preparing for its next victims. And the dragons were soon to be it, if they didn't act quick enough.[/center] @Biohazardia @Ciphers @gabrielnovak @Tonake @UserOfShadows
QLBOOXd.png

It is said that the ring of this immense crater is both a welcome sight and bittersweet image of pilgrims who challenge themselves in the boneyard. However, dragons should be wary of the Rotrock Rim, as even the earth beneath them is alive and festering.

The Plaguebringer herself is rumored to have blessed the plants that lie so close to the bubbling Wyrmwound. A popular rumor claims that the plants are extensions of the god herself. Some others say that the Wasteland is a living and breathing creature and that every plant is actually part of this creature. Whatever the case, the Rotrock Rim is one of the most dangerous parts of the Wasteland. Festering with life, the Rim is not something to be underestimated. Nothing is sacred. Nothing is safe.

Nothing awaits the dragons when they arrive at the Rim, broken and battered from the tedious trek through the Boneyard. There are no dragons standing before tables, no creaking signs telling them where to go. There is nothing before them that says what they might find ahead and no objects that stand out among the writhing mess of roots and branches.

In fact, there are nothing but roots and branches before the dragons. Some shift slowly, like rolling waves. Others twitch, jerking and jumping every second or so. Some have boils that burst and liquid oozes out from the newly formed sores. A few have other plants growing on them; flowers that are bright yet dying, their petals brown and withered; mushroom caps that are red and beady, like eyes; and grasses that are a dull brown color but seem to sway in the nonexistent wind.

A shadow suddenly passes over the dragons and a sudden whoosh is heard. Glancing up, a dragon in the sky hovers above them.

7917283_350.png

The dragon is as golden as the sun, with armor that can be heard clinking above them. They do not seem keen to land and instead drop a satchel in their claws down below before the dragons.

Inside the satchel is a set of daggers, sharp and shiny and ready to be wielded. There are also a few jars of a mysterious liquid that are bottled and corked. A single small bag is also in the satchel. Opening it, fine red powder can be found. It appears to be a mix of Cerdae Sparkle and crushed up Bloodstones.

The dragon turns to them and begins to speak, their voice quiet and getting lost among the rustling plants.

"Daggers are for stabbing the plants. Careful you don't pop a boil or agitate them more! That liquid is used to help prevent any roots from latching onto your skin. It is slippery and sticky enough that you can just peel it off, like a sort of wrap with the roots. That powder you see? Some claim that is able to clog the sense of creatures here. Whether or not it does, well. We'll see."

There was a sudden rumbling sound and the dragons swore, darting off.

Suddenly, the landscape came to life. Roots lashed out and latched onto their legs, dragging them downwards to entomb them forever. The roots tightened around their legs, almost as if to dig themselves in and root the dragons to the spot, to serve as permanent statues and reminders to the Wasteland's might.

As the dragons moved, the branches from nearby trees suddenly began to move like whips, lashing and scarring their hides. None seemed able to draw blood yet, but the welts left behind were painful enough. There was no telling whether or not anything on the branches were poisonous or sharp enough to puncture a dragon's hide, but it was best not to dwell on it.

Then, a different sound is heard.

The sound of thousands of skittering legs, inching closer and closer to the dragons, hardened by the Wasteland and no doubt crawling with diseases. Some could be seen with their pincers opening and shutting, staring at the dragons with beady red eyes.

The Rim was closing in, preparing for its next victims.

And the dragons were soon to be it, if they didn't act quick enough.

@Biohazardia @Ciphers @gabrielnovak @Tonake @UserOfShadows
wzRAAhQ.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10