Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [RoR] CYWttW Team 1
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@Ciphers @gabrielnovak @Tonake @UserOfShadows
@FloatinginSpace - We are traveling down the path indicated by the fae.

Knowing he could take care of himself (and not caring much about the fate of his group members), Xaoc was fairly unconcerned with creating a proper advance party. However, if the Ridgeback wanted more organization it was fine by him. "By the looks of it, if we meet any of those silly Beastclan we'll be counting on you to stomp them flat," he remarked dryly. He wasn't willing to reveal the magical nature of the items he wore quite yet, but Xaoc offered, "In the brute strength department I am lacking, but like other Nocturnes I am fast, able to target the weak points in an enemy before they know what's coming. I can hide if it comes to it as well. And I doubt it will matter, but I have exceptional skill in identifying the properties - magical or otherwise - of items." His firey gaze flickered back and forth between the Ridgeback and Kiera. "You all may call me Xaoc. I noticed you didn't give your name out - perhaps we should call you Big?" He gave a gentle jab at Eunys. So far she was the most interesting of this party.
@Ciphers @gabrielnovak @Tonake @UserOfShadows
@FloatinginSpace - We are traveling down the path indicated by the fae.

Knowing he could take care of himself (and not caring much about the fate of his group members), Xaoc was fairly unconcerned with creating a proper advance party. However, if the Ridgeback wanted more organization it was fine by him. "By the looks of it, if we meet any of those silly Beastclan we'll be counting on you to stomp them flat," he remarked dryly. He wasn't willing to reveal the magical nature of the items he wore quite yet, but Xaoc offered, "In the brute strength department I am lacking, but like other Nocturnes I am fast, able to target the weak points in an enemy before they know what's coming. I can hide if it comes to it as well. And I doubt it will matter, but I have exceptional skill in identifying the properties - magical or otherwise - of items." His firey gaze flickered back and forth between the Ridgeback and Kiera. "You all may call me Xaoc. I noticed you didn't give your name out - perhaps we should call you Big?" He gave a gentle jab at Eunys. So far she was the most interesting of this party.
@UserOfShadows @Biohazardia ((By the way how do we read Xaoc's name? Like Chaos or russianways?))

"Kiera? That's a pretty cute one." Eunys gave the Nocturne a wink and grinned. "Might still stick to calling you Red, though. I think it's growing on me."

Hearing the other Nocturne finally speak, Eunys turned her interest to him. She snorted amusedly at his remark about stomping Beastclan flat - after all, why not? She certainly could try, anyway - and gave Xaoc a calculating stare as he enumerated his skills. Another Fireborn, she noticed, and wondered briefly what Fire dragons would want to come to the Wasteland for. Still, she'd probably know their reasons soon enough.

Xaoc's last remark made her laugh - it was nice to meet another dragon with some sense of humour. Perhaps not having that other Ridgeback around was now compensated for.

"Only if I get to call you Tiny." She gave Xaoc another toothy grin. "The itsy-bitsy Nocturne, eh? But I don't care much about giving out my name. Doubt it will tell you much. Always liked nicknames better than names, see? They're more real. I had a nickname before I had a 'proper' name, too. Either way, I'm Eunys." She shrugged her massive shoulders. "But if Tiny here's okay with it, then I'm Big."
@UserOfShadows @Biohazardia ((By the way how do we read Xaoc's name? Like Chaos or russianways?))

"Kiera? That's a pretty cute one." Eunys gave the Nocturne a wink and grinned. "Might still stick to calling you Red, though. I think it's growing on me."

Hearing the other Nocturne finally speak, Eunys turned her interest to him. She snorted amusedly at his remark about stomping Beastclan flat - after all, why not? She certainly could try, anyway - and gave Xaoc a calculating stare as he enumerated his skills. Another Fireborn, she noticed, and wondered briefly what Fire dragons would want to come to the Wasteland for. Still, she'd probably know their reasons soon enough.

Xaoc's last remark made her laugh - it was nice to meet another dragon with some sense of humour. Perhaps not having that other Ridgeback around was now compensated for.

"Only if I get to call you Tiny." She gave Xaoc another toothy grin. "The itsy-bitsy Nocturne, eh? But I don't care much about giving out my name. Doubt it will tell you much. Always liked nicknames better than names, see? They're more real. I had a nickname before I had a 'proper' name, too. Either way, I'm Eunys." She shrugged her massive shoulders. "But if Tiny here's okay with it, then I'm Big."
HUPya8X.pngfj9buO7.pnghIj7jwJ.png
9hSEhEA.pngGICME1y.png7fAUMwP.png
1D2yhnu.pngK507Hal.pngudcB2pK.png
@Biohazardia @gabrielnovak @Tonake @UserOfShadows (I live! Sorry everyone, I've been a bit busy until now.) [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=11740830] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/117409/11740830.png[/img] [/url][/center] Khione stood by, uninterested at the Fae's words. But at least it seemed she had made the best decision in supplies to choose. She gazed around at the other dragons of the group she was summoned to. [i]Two Nocturnes, a Ridgeback, and a Tundra. Great... One airhead, two mimics and a dragon who's going to 'borrow' everything. [/i] She flared out her wings and swaggered herself over to the small gathering of the others. No use in not catching their eyes. Once there, Khione kept her wings half unfurled, as though she was establishing the fact that she was bigger -- and in turn 'more powerful' -- than three of the other four dragons. Puffing out her chest, she spoke; "Well, are we or are we not gonna get going? I don't want to be here longer than I have too and formalities can wait until later." As she waited for a reply she repeatedly thumped her large claws against a more solid bit of ground, silently thankful that the appointed path didn't gurgle with rot and disease.
@Biohazardia @gabrielnovak @Tonake @UserOfShadows

(I live! Sorry everyone, I've been a bit busy until now.)
Khione stood by, uninterested at the Fae's words. But at least it seemed she had made the best decision in supplies to choose. She gazed around at the other dragons of the group she was summoned to.

Two Nocturnes, a Ridgeback, and a Tundra. Great... One airhead, two mimics and a dragon who's going to 'borrow' everything.

She flared out her wings and swaggered herself over to the small gathering of the others. No use in not catching their eyes. Once there, Khione kept her wings half unfurled, as though she was establishing the fact that she was bigger -- and in turn 'more powerful' -- than three of the other four dragons. Puffing out her chest, she spoke;

"Well, are we or are we not gonna get going? I don't want to be here longer than I have too and formalities can wait until later."

As she waited for a reply she repeatedly thumped her large claws against a more solid bit of ground, silently thankful that the appointed path didn't gurgle with rot and disease.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - lightning_banner.png
Listen to the Thunder
Hear Us Roar
Zh duh wkh Fodq ri wkh Vfuhdplqj Vwrup
lightning_banner.png
@Ciphers @Tonake @UserOfShadows

Xaoc was enjoying the Ridgeback's - Eunys, Big, whatever - company even more. She amused him greatly. "Well met, Big." He gave a short, sharp laugh. "Try not to underestimate the tiny spiders too much - after all, the smallest of them carry the deadliest venom." Their banter was interrupted when the Wildclaw suddenly swaggered into the middle of the group, lifting her wings as if she was the boss of them or something. Xaoc knew very well not to stereotype dragons straightaway based on their species, but it seemed this was the typical sort of Wildclaw. "I would love to be on our way," he replied calmly, his tone light and polite yet with the slightest of an edge. "You certainly seem anxious to move fast though. Why don't you take point? You seem confident enough to deal with anything coming your way, and small enough that any enemy won't immediately see you coming." Unless you're too scared, his eyes silently taunted her. Either she'd be willing to be the first to get whatever was coming or she'd back down from her big-shot stance.

Ooc:// Xaoc's name is Greek for Chaos I believe, so it would be pronounced as such.
@Ciphers @Tonake @UserOfShadows

Xaoc was enjoying the Ridgeback's - Eunys, Big, whatever - company even more. She amused him greatly. "Well met, Big." He gave a short, sharp laugh. "Try not to underestimate the tiny spiders too much - after all, the smallest of them carry the deadliest venom." Their banter was interrupted when the Wildclaw suddenly swaggered into the middle of the group, lifting her wings as if she was the boss of them or something. Xaoc knew very well not to stereotype dragons straightaway based on their species, but it seemed this was the typical sort of Wildclaw. "I would love to be on our way," he replied calmly, his tone light and polite yet with the slightest of an edge. "You certainly seem anxious to move fast though. Why don't you take point? You seem confident enough to deal with anything coming your way, and small enough that any enemy won't immediately see you coming." Unless you're too scared, his eyes silently taunted her. Either she'd be willing to be the first to get whatever was coming or she'd back down from her big-shot stance.

Ooc:// Xaoc's name is Greek for Chaos I believe, so it would be pronounced as such.
(so sorry, guys, i've been sick! i'll respond later today!)
@Biohazardia @Tonake @UserOfShadows @Ciphers
(so sorry, guys, i've been sick! i'll respond later today!)
@Biohazardia @Tonake @UserOfShadows @Ciphers
they/them
@gabrielnovak ((That's alright! I hope you feel better, being sick sucks))

@Biohazardia ((oh, I see! I just asked because I'm russian and we stole the Greek spelling/pronounciation of chaos, so it didn't even occur to me it was Greek at first :') ))

"Well said, Tiny. Nice to see some of those spiders know what they can do." Eunys gave Xaoc an appreciating grin - she'd always valued confidence in one's strength in others. Your size was never an excuse not to be strong. Still, she'd also always liked to tease others. If you couldn't, what was the fun in life? "I think we might have to hope your venom's more potent than your words, though, eh Tiny?"

@Ciphers ((heya, welcome to the team! :D I can already see all our dragons are going to be a riot (hehe) to watch, considering three of them are Team Snark already))

When the Wildclaw interrupted her talk with Tiny - okay, fine, Xaoc - Eunys chose to let the Nocturne do the talking, setting out to test the Wildclaw (whom she'd christened Ice Queen in her mind) in a different way. She sat down and unfurled her wings, too, mimicking Khione's posture. Xaoc's words made her smirk again - although she'd only known him for all of five minutes of talking, Eunys could already hear the notes of sarcasm in his voice. This was promising to be amusing. As the Nocturne spoke, Eunys silently kept her eyes on Khione, waiting to hear what the Wildclaw would say.
@gabrielnovak ((That's alright! I hope you feel better, being sick sucks))

@Biohazardia ((oh, I see! I just asked because I'm russian and we stole the Greek spelling/pronounciation of chaos, so it didn't even occur to me it was Greek at first :') ))

"Well said, Tiny. Nice to see some of those spiders know what they can do." Eunys gave Xaoc an appreciating grin - she'd always valued confidence in one's strength in others. Your size was never an excuse not to be strong. Still, she'd also always liked to tease others. If you couldn't, what was the fun in life? "I think we might have to hope your venom's more potent than your words, though, eh Tiny?"

@Ciphers ((heya, welcome to the team! :D I can already see all our dragons are going to be a riot (hehe) to watch, considering three of them are Team Snark already))

When the Wildclaw interrupted her talk with Tiny - okay, fine, Xaoc - Eunys chose to let the Nocturne do the talking, setting out to test the Wildclaw (whom she'd christened Ice Queen in her mind) in a different way. She sat down and unfurled her wings, too, mimicking Khione's posture. Xaoc's words made her smirk again - although she'd only known him for all of five minutes of talking, Eunys could already hear the notes of sarcasm in his voice. This was promising to be amusing. As the Nocturne spoke, Eunys silently kept her eyes on Khione, waiting to hear what the Wildclaw would say.
HUPya8X.pngfj9buO7.pnghIj7jwJ.png
9hSEhEA.pngGICME1y.png7fAUMwP.png
1D2yhnu.pngK507Hal.pngudcB2pK.png
@Ciphers @gabrielnovak @Tonake @Biohazardia

Kiera watches all of this from behind.

"Uh... Well I'm just... I'll go scout ahead then. We don't seem to actually be moving, and I hear a lot of bickering dragons. We'll die of starvation before we actually end up doing something."

With that, her wings spread wide, four whole meters from tip to tip. The sun shines right through the thin webbing and feathers, casting a red shadow across the path ahead. She takes off before anyone can tell her otherwise.

[...I was official scout, right? Maybe should asked first... Oh well.]

((Oops she's stubborn. Prolly gonna get herself killed, flying off like that...))
@Ciphers @gabrielnovak @Tonake @Biohazardia

Kiera watches all of this from behind.

"Uh... Well I'm just... I'll go scout ahead then. We don't seem to actually be moving, and I hear a lot of bickering dragons. We'll die of starvation before we actually end up doing something."

With that, her wings spread wide, four whole meters from tip to tip. The sun shines right through the thin webbing and feathers, casting a red shadow across the path ahead. She takes off before anyone can tell her otherwise.

[...I was official scout, right? Maybe should asked first... Oh well.]

((Oops she's stubborn. Prolly gonna get herself killed, flying off like that...))
h8ppV79.pngPG7Fgon.png
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/wrsb0pp.png[/img][/center] The worn path the group was directed to follow reaches a grove of sorts, where barren trees are strangled by ivy, and among twisted vines and contorted roots the ground yields a surprising variety of plants including mushrooms, flowers, and shrubs. Some flourish, bright colors entrancing insects and rodents; strong limbs and straight stalks reach towards the sky. In this place, though, even the life which appears beautiful and innocent often proves to be deadly. Sweet flowers fold in on themselves to swallow naive visiting flies; bright berries coax a rat near enough for hungry purple tendrils to lash suddenly out. Others seem to have lost their virility, barely clinging to life. Their adaptations have failed to prevent the attachment of a parasitic fungus; the tables turn when prey oozes corrosive slime. The path breaks into three forks a short ways into the forest. The first path winds tightly, edges lined with brambles. The second is defined by a rickety bridge above what appears to be a muddy bog, which emits foul smelling gas. The last curves gently and seems relatively unencumbered, but is overgrown with swollen mushrooms. One pops quietly, letting a geyser of spores fly up, then settle slowly to the ground. None of the paths are without danger, and there is no hint as to which Polemos meant for the group to follow. A choice must be made- sneak gingerly through the thorns, rush over the noxious bog and hope the bridge holds, or find a way through the mushroom minefield. [i]OOC note: Sorry for the delay again. I completely forgot that the next leg was supposed to be up.[/i] @Biohazardia @Ciphers @gabrielnovak @Tonake @UserOfShadows
wrsb0pp.png

The worn path the group was directed to follow reaches a grove of sorts, where barren trees are strangled by ivy, and among twisted vines and contorted roots the ground yields a surprising variety of plants including mushrooms, flowers, and shrubs. Some flourish, bright colors entrancing insects and rodents; strong limbs and straight stalks reach towards the sky. In this place, though, even the life which appears beautiful and innocent often proves to be deadly. Sweet flowers fold in on themselves to swallow naive visiting flies; bright berries coax a rat near enough for hungry purple tendrils to lash suddenly out. Others seem to have lost their virility, barely clinging to life. Their adaptations have failed to prevent the attachment of a parasitic fungus; the tables turn when prey oozes corrosive slime.

The path breaks into three forks a short ways into the forest. The first path winds tightly, edges lined with brambles. The second is defined by a rickety bridge above what appears to be a muddy bog, which emits foul smelling gas. The last curves gently and seems relatively unencumbered, but is overgrown with swollen mushrooms. One pops quietly, letting a geyser of spores fly up, then settle slowly to the ground.

None of the paths are without danger, and there is no hint as to which Polemos meant for the group to follow. A choice must be made- sneak gingerly through the thorns, rush over the noxious bog and hope the bridge holds, or find a way through the mushroom minefield.

OOC note: Sorry for the delay again. I completely forgot that the next leg was supposed to be up.

@Biohazardia @Ciphers @gabrielnovak @Tonake @UserOfShadows
uCR5SCW.png
@Biohazardia @Ciphers @Tonake @UserOfShadows
Warning, who had been silent through most of the journey so far spoke up.

"Normally, I'm all for taking the most dangerous path, my wise teammates. But perhaps we should think this out first. The brambles would stick in my fur and weigh us down However, I find my poor nose much bombarded by the foul gas. I feel quite ill. And not in the resilient way, just in the "I should have eaten a lighter breakfast" way. So I beg us not go towards the bridge. I have no immediate hesitations towards the mushrooms. What say the rest of you?" She stepped forward, leaning towards the last path, turning her face downwards into the mantle she wore, trying to block out the stench. Disgusting.
@Biohazardia @Ciphers @Tonake @UserOfShadows
Warning, who had been silent through most of the journey so far spoke up.

"Normally, I'm all for taking the most dangerous path, my wise teammates. But perhaps we should think this out first. The brambles would stick in my fur and weigh us down However, I find my poor nose much bombarded by the foul gas. I feel quite ill. And not in the resilient way, just in the "I should have eaten a lighter breakfast" way. So I beg us not go towards the bridge. I have no immediate hesitations towards the mushrooms. What say the rest of you?" She stepped forward, leaning towards the last path, turning her face downwards into the mantle she wore, trying to block out the stench. Disgusting.
they/them
@Biohazardia @Ciphers @gabrielnovak @Tonake

Kiera comes upon the grove, landing ever so carefully on a bare patch of ground.

[Who would've thought the Plague lands had plants? Or, living ones at least.]

Curiously, she steps toward a vibrant purple flower, with sharp thorny teeth along the edges. It snaps shut three inches from her face, and she jerks backwards, tripping over a vine. Thankfully, she landed on... bare, hard dirt. That's pretty much a best-case scenario here.

She turns to look at the three paths.

[I... I should wait for the others. But if it were my choice, I'd choose the thorns. Back home in the Tangled Wood, we used to live in brambles. My scales are made for that.]

She swivels around to notice the Tundra. Hearing her words, Kiera grumbles a bit.

[The fur thing is probably true... Hrm. I guess the mushrooms aren't TOO bad...]
@Biohazardia @Ciphers @gabrielnovak @Tonake

Kiera comes upon the grove, landing ever so carefully on a bare patch of ground.

[Who would've thought the Plague lands had plants? Or, living ones at least.]

Curiously, she steps toward a vibrant purple flower, with sharp thorny teeth along the edges. It snaps shut three inches from her face, and she jerks backwards, tripping over a vine. Thankfully, she landed on... bare, hard dirt. That's pretty much a best-case scenario here.

She turns to look at the three paths.

[I... I should wait for the others. But if it were my choice, I'd choose the thorns. Back home in the Tangled Wood, we used to live in brambles. My scales are made for that.]

She swivels around to notice the Tundra. Hearing her words, Kiera grumbles a bit.

[The fur thing is probably true... Hrm. I guess the mushrooms aren't TOO bad...]
h8ppV79.pngPG7Fgon.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10