Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | >COMPLETE< Thundercrack 2015 cyoa
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 53 54
Daren debates for several moments between the clay and the metal, but there really isn't much choice for him- he loves working with metal, and he knows he's good enough with it to make his invention function well and look at least decent.

D) There is scrap metal everywhere. Like literally everywhere.
Daren debates for several moments between the clay and the metal, but there really isn't much choice for him- he loves working with metal, and he knows he's good enough with it to make his invention function well and look at least decent.

lets_make_some_science_by_lynntv-d6qzmxd.gif021_zpswugdkw7b.png
[OOC: I apologise to the fire brigade for my pyromaniac Fae XD ] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1267147] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/12672/1267147_350.png[/img] [/url] That was a very helpful Nocturne — although maybe because Eisa hadn’t been quite honest with her about how she’d got past the fence. She’ll probably hear the rest of the story when her clanmates get back. Eisa sneaks out with an armful of gears, flitting carefully past the grumbling fire brigade keeping an eye on the smouldering remains of the cactus grove. It’s later, after an enjoyable time at the fair, that Eisa returns to the problem of her invention. There’s plenty of metal around — but she doesn’t want to make it too heavy, with poor Alexander providing all the motive force. Wood is nice and light, but Eisa regretfully admits to herself that anything she builds out of wood is likely to wind up as a pile of ash before it even reaches the competition. It’s still a little tempting, but Alexander would be inside it. She strokes her lemming thoughtfully. Clay, then. She can make it thin enough it shouldn’t be too hard on him. And using clay means she gets to use the kiln. [b]Choice A for Thursday.[/b]
[OOC: I apologise to the fire brigade for my pyromaniac Fae XD ]

1267147_350.png

That was a very helpful Nocturne — although maybe because Eisa hadn’t been quite honest with her about how she’d got past the fence. She’ll probably hear the rest of the story when her clanmates get back. Eisa sneaks out with an armful of gears, flitting carefully past the grumbling fire brigade keeping an eye on the smouldering remains of the cactus grove.

It’s later, after an enjoyable time at the fair, that Eisa returns to the problem of her invention. There’s plenty of metal around — but she doesn’t want to make it too heavy, with poor Alexander providing all the motive force. Wood is nice and light, but Eisa regretfully admits to herself that anything she builds out of wood is likely to wind up as a pile of ash before it even reaches the competition. It’s still a little tempting, but Alexander would be inside it. She strokes her lemming thoughtfully.

Clay, then. She can make it thin enough it shouldn’t be too hard on him. And using clay means she gets to use the kiln.

Choice A for Thursday.
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14560408] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/145605/14560408_350.png[/img] [/url] Waveskimmer sighed as she looked at the rusty gears. Okay, maybe they weren't exactly the best quality, but she was a Lightning dragon. Well, a Lightning dragon raised by a Water clan. She would make do. Waveskimmer decided that she had been working hard enough for a while, and that she deserved a break. She wandered around the Faire - which she would have done the entire week if her invention hadn't been lost in transit - and tried to enjoy herself for a while. It wasn't that hard, actually. She ate some Electric-Fried Fish, avoided the Pearlcatcher trying to sell her friendship bracelets (Iridescent, a Pearlcatcher in her clan, had taught her all the different ways vendors tried to scam unsuspecting dragons), and drew many pictures for her clan to see back home. She was debating whether or not she should buy some Steampunk wings when she saw a workshop with a list of many different classes on the entrance. Waveskimmer took a look. Pottery classes, woodworking, metalworking - there were so many interesting classes, all of them fun, all of them free. Waveskimmer of course [i]had [/i]to sign up - what Lightning dragon could resist the urge to tinker? - and took three workshop classes before she realized how late it was. In a panic, Waveskimmer remembered she had an invention to work on, and if she didn't work on her invention now she would fall behind, and if she fell behind she would lose the contest, and if she lost the contest she could never prove herself a true Lightning dragon because Lightning dragons had inventions and Lightning magic and she didn't have any magic so if she couldn't invent then - [i]Calm down Waveskimmer[/i], she told herself as she took deep breaths. [i]You're getting ahead of yourself again.[/i] Waveskimmer figured that looking for materials for her invention would be more productive than panicking, so she went looking for parts. Where could she find parts? It suddenly occurred to her that she was in a huge workshop filled with lots of materials, some of which she had used only a little while ago, and all of which was free for any dragon to use and take. Waveskimmer rushed through the workshop, dodging dragons who apparently had the same idea she did. She avoided the clay and wood - neither of those could conduct electricity, which was not what she wanted. Bone was out for the same reason - that, and because it was kind of creepy. Instead Waveskimmer went straight for[b] D) the scrap metal,[/b] snatching up as many pieces as she could hold in her arms. Then she went straight back to her host clan, ready to start building. She already had sent for several bolts of cloth from her clan, and had to sew that into a suit. Then the scrap metal needed to be sent to the smiths in the Ashfall Wastes and forged to her exact requirements. She would have to pay them a lot of extra treasure for a rush job, and Waveskimmer was glad that the Coatls gave her their gears for free. Her thoughts turned back to her suit. Once the metal was forged into thin armor-like plates, they would be atatched to the cloth suit and connected to each other by copper wiring. The suit would protect the wearer from electric attacks by the same basic principle that protected people in cars from thunderstorms - as metal is a conductor, all charge that it picks up stays on the outside. Thus the people inside would be protected. Waveskimmer had designed her suit so that all of the charge would be drawn to the copper coils from the rest of the suit, and then into a storage container made from a salvaged Electrician's Power Pack. That way the electricity could be accessed for later use. Waveskimmer couldn't stop humming as she packaged the scrap metal for delivery to the Ashfall Wastes, along with a large sack of treasure and a copy of her blueprints. Once she delivered the metal to the smiths, she'd fly back to sew up the cloth portion of the suit. Then she'd polish the rusty gears, pick up the metal plate armor, and attach all the pieces together. Waveskimmer grinned with glee. She'd show them all who was the best Lightning dragon here.

14560408_350.png

Waveskimmer sighed as she looked at the rusty gears. Okay, maybe they weren't exactly the best quality, but she was a Lightning dragon. Well, a Lightning dragon raised by a Water clan. She would make do.

Waveskimmer decided that she had been working hard enough for a while, and that she deserved a break. She wandered around the Faire - which she would have done the entire week if her invention hadn't been lost in transit - and tried to enjoy herself for a while. It wasn't that hard, actually. She ate some Electric-Fried Fish, avoided the Pearlcatcher trying to sell her friendship bracelets (Iridescent, a Pearlcatcher in her clan, had taught her all the different ways vendors tried to scam unsuspecting dragons), and drew many pictures for her clan to see back home.

She was debating whether or not she should buy some Steampunk wings when she saw a workshop with a list of many different classes on the entrance. Waveskimmer took a look. Pottery classes, woodworking, metalworking - there were so many interesting classes, all of them fun, all of them free. Waveskimmer of course had to sign up - what Lightning dragon could resist the urge to tinker? - and took three workshop classes before she realized how late it was.

In a panic, Waveskimmer remembered she had an invention to work on, and if she didn't work on her invention now she would fall behind, and if she fell behind she would lose the contest, and if she lost the contest she could never prove herself a true Lightning dragon because Lightning dragons had inventions and Lightning magic and she didn't have any magic so if she couldn't invent then - Calm down Waveskimmer, she told herself as she took deep breaths. You're getting ahead of yourself again.

Waveskimmer figured that looking for materials for her invention would be more productive than panicking, so she went looking for parts. Where could she find parts? It suddenly occurred to her that she was in a huge workshop filled with lots of materials, some of which she had used only a little while ago, and all of which was free for any dragon to use and take. Waveskimmer rushed through the workshop, dodging dragons who apparently had the same idea she did. She avoided the clay and wood - neither of those could conduct electricity, which was not what she wanted. Bone was out for the same reason - that, and because it was kind of creepy.

Instead Waveskimmer went straight for D) the scrap metal, snatching up as many pieces as she could hold in her arms. Then she went straight back to her host clan, ready to start building. She already had sent for several bolts of cloth from her clan, and had to sew that into a suit. Then the scrap metal needed to be sent to the smiths in the Ashfall Wastes and forged to her exact requirements. She would have to pay them a lot of extra treasure for a rush job, and Waveskimmer was glad that the Coatls gave her their gears for free. Her thoughts turned back to her suit. Once the metal was forged into thin armor-like plates, they would be atatched to the cloth suit and connected to each other by copper wiring. The suit would protect the wearer from electric attacks by the same basic principle that protected people in cars from thunderstorms - as metal is a conductor, all charge that it picks up stays on the outside. Thus the people inside would be protected. Waveskimmer had designed her suit so that all of the charge would be drawn to the copper coils from the rest of the suit, and then into a storage container made from a salvaged Electrician's Power Pack. That way the electricity could be accessed for later use.

Waveskimmer couldn't stop humming as she packaged the scrap metal for delivery to the Ashfall Wastes, along with a large sack of treasure and a copy of her blueprints. Once she delivered the metal to the smiths, she'd fly back to sew up the cloth portion of the suit. Then she'd polish the rusty gears, pick up the metal plate armor, and attach all the pieces together. Waveskimmer grinned with glee. She'd show them all who was the best Lightning dragon here.
Na5WGHa.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9850337] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/98504/9850337_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]D) There is scrap metal everywhere. Like literally everywhere.[/b] Mania scurried through the faire with her clanmates, taking a break from her project. It felt odd to not be working on something, so she took some of the electrical classes. It fulfilled her need to put something together while also learning some things she didn't know before. "[i]I didn't know you could make an interface screen with just a metal plate! I thought you had to have glass![/i]" She spoke to Fulgur, her apprentice. "[i]All I need now is a charged up Swift Volt, some High Voltage Almonds, and a Chrome Laser Head! And with that I could make us a makeshift interface screen until I can get my claws on some electrical glass![/i]" Mania was smiling from ear to ear. Nothing could seem to bring her down. Not even the fact that she was forced to pay a slightly alarming amount of treasure for a simple friendship bracelet. She rambled on about all she learned to Fulgur, who took her excitedness in stride. He was used to her antics, and would rather see her excited than frustrated. Like yesterday, when she was complaining about the lack of metal for the frame of the heat engine. The plates of metal they brought with them baked and warped in the sun, and weren't usable for any sort of shielding or framing. "Hey, Mania. Do you think we should grab some materials for the frame while we're here? We have plenty of resources. " Fulgur asked the high strung spiral. "What a great idea Fulgur!" Mania stopped in her tracks, and she tied herself up in a hug around the skydancer. "I been so distracted with science that I completely forgot about the frame and exterior! Now what do you think we should use? I prefer metal, it will insulate well within the engine, don't you think?" "Also, metal is quite prevelant throughout the faire here. I'm quite sure we can take a few pieces without anyone noticing." Fulgur suggested. "You're right! Lets go!" Mania untied herself from Fulgur and raced off into a random direction. Fulgur went after her, eager to see what they could find within the faire and market.

9850337_350.png

Mania scurried through the faire with her clanmates, taking a break from her project. It felt odd to not be working on something, so she took some of the electrical classes. It fulfilled her need to put something together while also learning some things she didn't know before.

"I didn't know you could make an interface screen with just a metal plate! I thought you had to have glass!" She spoke to Fulgur, her apprentice. "All I need now is a charged up Swift Volt, some High Voltage Almonds, and a Chrome Laser Head! And with that I could make us a makeshift interface screen until I can get my claws on some electrical glass!"

Mania was smiling from ear to ear. Nothing could seem to bring her down. Not even the fact that she was forced to pay a slightly alarming amount of treasure for a simple friendship bracelet. She rambled on about all she learned to Fulgur, who took her excitedness in stride. He was used to her antics, and would rather see her excited than frustrated. Like yesterday, when she was complaining about the lack of metal for the frame of the heat engine. The plates of metal they brought with them baked and warped in the sun, and weren't usable for any sort of shielding or framing.

"Hey, Mania. Do you think we should grab some materials for the frame while we're here? We have plenty of resources. " Fulgur asked the high strung spiral.

"What a great idea Fulgur!" Mania stopped in her tracks, and she tied herself up in a hug around the skydancer. "I been so distracted with science that I completely forgot about the frame and exterior! Now what do you think we should use? I prefer metal, it will insulate well within the engine, don't you think?"

"Also, metal is quite prevelant throughout the faire here. I'm quite sure we can take a few pieces without anyone noticing." Fulgur suggested.

"You're right! Lets go!" Mania untied herself from Fulgur and raced off into a random direction. Fulgur went after her, eager to see what they could find within the faire and market.
tumblr_m7jfpbfRgR1r5fie0.gif
Dawn sighed, stretching happily as she finished her trip through the faire's vendor aisles. Fed, and rested, she looked at the results of her drawing class, a new set of blueprints, scaled down and streamlined to try and make the most of her smaller power source.

"Well I can make it smaller, and maybe I don't need all that bulky metal." She said, as she traced a line over the drawing. "Need something resilient though." She mused, as she looked around her. "Pottery, maybe if I were an expert. Or could hassle one for the help. Bones, maybe? But it seems kind of gross to be digging around for left-overs. "

She sighed again, looking back at her sketch. "Wood. I just have to hope it doesn't catch fire. The lower power might actually -help- in this case. Well, I guess I have no choice but to go B) Back to the wood shop, they have the tools I need.
Dawn sighed, stretching happily as she finished her trip through the faire's vendor aisles. Fed, and rested, she looked at the results of her drawing class, a new set of blueprints, scaled down and streamlined to try and make the most of her smaller power source.

"Well I can make it smaller, and maybe I don't need all that bulky metal." She said, as she traced a line over the drawing. "Need something resilient though." She mused, as she looked around her. "Pottery, maybe if I were an expert. Or could hassle one for the help. Bones, maybe? But it seems kind of gross to be digging around for left-overs. "

She sighed again, looking back at her sketch. "Wood. I just have to hope it doesn't catch fire. The lower power might actually -help- in this case. Well, I guess I have no choice but to go B) Back to the wood shop, they have the tools I need.
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3849393] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/38494/3849393_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Day 5[/b] "Well, that was a wash. Literally. Eh, at least I got my bath. Hmm-mm. Some of this crap lying around still has almost intact mechanisms. Perhaps I can juryrig something." [b]D)[/b] [item=black iron segment] There is scrap metal everywhere. Like literally everywhere.

3849393_350.png

Day 5

"Well, that was a wash. Literally. Eh, at least I got my bath. Hmm-mm. Some of this crap lying around still has almost intact mechanisms. Perhaps I can juryrig something."

D) Black Iron Segment There is scrap metal everywhere. Like literally everywhere.
8uZAgkt.jpg
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3054555] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/30546/3054555_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [color=purple] Wow! Gardenia was in his element with all the wood-working and gardening! He blasted through the classes, not ashamed to admit that he showed off in the gardening class. [i]"If only my lovely Glove could be here! She would love all the gardening!"[/i] He smiled, twisting the small bracelet around his wrist that a little PC had [s]forced[/s] sold him on his travels around the Faire. Returning to his work space, he grinned at his little contraption that would make a great supplement to the pottery workshop! Now all those pots can be made much more efficiently, if one wanted that. His small battery pack provided enough energy to turn the rusty gears at a steady rate, great for shaping and molding the lump of clay into a pot on the wheel. Now he needed to find a suitable material to make the housing for the battery pack and gears, and the 'wheel' part where the lump of clay is placed to be molded. [i]"I should use my woodworking skills for this!"[/i] He cried out happily, selecting some nice [b]Redwood Logs[/b] {B} to use as his housing and Wheel.

Wow! Gardenia was in his element with all the wood-working and gardening! He blasted through the classes, not ashamed to admit that he showed off in the gardening class.
"If only my lovely Glove could be here! She would love all the gardening!" He smiled, twisting the small bracelet around his wrist that a little PC had forced sold him on his travels around the Faire.

Returning to his work space, he grinned at his little contraption that would make a great supplement to the pottery workshop! Now all those pots can be made much more efficiently, if one wanted that.
His small battery pack provided enough energy to turn the rusty gears at a steady rate, great for shaping and molding the lump of clay into a pot on the wheel.

Now he needed to find a suitable material to make the housing for the battery pack and gears, and the 'wheel' part where the lump of clay is placed to be molded.

"I should use my woodworking skills for this!" He cried out happily, selecting some nice Redwood Logs {B} to use as his housing and Wheel.
Seeking Old Dragons! Forever collecting October 1st 2013 dragons. Previously BeingOfNature
anim_86a53b49-f48f-6cb4-b922-5902a73d3a36.gif
Old Art Thread
3DS FC: 0259-0316-2794 Pokemon Y
@Stormdragon Day 5 [b]B) [item=redwood log]
@Stormdragon
Day 5
B) Redwood Log
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9694721][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/96948/9694721.png[/img][/url] ACQUIRE METAL? Y/N (Y) WARNING! METAL IS HOT. APPEARS TO BE LIMB OF MECHANICAL HOSTILE. HOSTILE MAY NOT BE PLEASED ABOUT THIS. CONTINUE? Y/N (N) ACQUIRE BONE? Y/N QUERY: WARNING WARNING! BONE BELONGS TO ORGANIC HOSTILE. HOSTILE PROBABLY WANTS IT BACK. CONTINUE? Y/N (N) ACQUIRE CLAY? Y/N QUERY: WARNING NO WARNING FOUND. CONTINUE? Y/N (Y) [b](Day Five: A) Looks like the arts and crafts room will be useful after all. If you can get access to the kiln.)[/b]
9694721.png

ACQUIRE METAL? Y/N

(Y)

WARNING!
METAL IS HOT. APPEARS TO BE LIMB OF MECHANICAL HOSTILE. HOSTILE MAY NOT BE PLEASED ABOUT THIS.

CONTINUE? Y/N

(N)

ACQUIRE BONE? Y/N

QUERY: WARNING

WARNING!
BONE BELONGS TO ORGANIC HOSTILE. HOSTILE PROBABLY WANTS IT BACK.

CONTINUE? Y/N

(N)

ACQUIRE CLAY? Y/N

QUERY: WARNING

NO WARNING FOUND.

CONTINUE? Y/N

(Y)

(Day Five: A) Looks like the arts and crafts room will be useful after all. If you can get access to the kiln.)
-Mech, fetch me something! - yelled Virethis, wandering through the faire whithout clear purpose. After few minutes, mechanical dragon brought invitation to pottery class, purpose was found. And it was interesting one.
After making few vases and plates and a lot of broken parts, Virethis decided that he should use his new abilities during the making of his invention. Kiln was that way...

A) Looks like the arts and crafts room will be useful after all. If you can get access to the kiln.
-Mech, fetch me something! - yelled Virethis, wandering through the faire whithout clear purpose. After few minutes, mechanical dragon brought invitation to pottery class, purpose was found. And it was interesting one.
After making few vases and plates and a lot of broken parts, Virethis decided that he should use his new abilities during the making of his invention. Kiln was that way...

A) Looks like the arts and crafts room will be useful after all. If you can get access to the kiln.
arcane_banner.pngFR time +9 q4Bwlp9.png ueQv8.gif
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 53 54