Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Ashen Armor (Closed!)
1 2
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=11051888] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/110519/11051888_350.png[/img] [/url] The dark grey dragoness groaned, slowly raising herself to her feet and looked around. She had no clue of where she was at. The ground under higner feet was grey and crumbling, d it took awhile of blank staring before she realized it was ash. She could smell the acidic stench of burnt and charred things in the smoke still floating around. Her eyes scanned the area around her, the gnarled grasps of the skeletal trees still weeping embers. She took a few couple steps, testing herself to look for any injuries, none that she could feel or see. She rose up on her hind legs, feeling her armor clank against other pieces and her scales. "Hello!? Is anyone out here!? Is anyone alright?"

11051888_350.png

The dark grey dragoness groaned, slowly raising herself to her feet and looked around. She had no clue of where she was at. The ground under higner feet was grey and crumbling, d it took awhile of blank staring before she realized it was ash. She could smell the acidic stench of burnt and charred things in the smoke still floating around. Her eyes scanned the area around her, the gnarled grasps of the skeletal trees still weeping embers. She took a few couple steps, testing herself to look for any injuries, none that she could feel or see. She rose up on her hind legs, feeling her armor clank against other pieces and her scales.

"Hello!? Is anyone out here!? Is anyone alright?"
sig_1.png
free_rabbit_avatar_3_by_tirrih-d54kk09.gif
@ArcaneLibrarian ["weeping embers" o: I love that.] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7014457] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/70145/7014457_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] This was a place of dying things. The taste of ash was thick in the air as Lacaille eyed the twisted trees and watched with quiet wonder as ember motes languidly danced between their reaching fingers. They were like sprites or spirits, dancing free of the desperate pleading hands of those still grounded to the Earth. They were going home, to embrace the stars beyond the ashen sky. Sliding her eyes closed, she pressed her feet into the warm ground, felt the soft soot packing in between her toes. The lonesome wind had just begun to serenade the silence when the words were spoken. Lacaille's eyes snapped open and she rose upon her hind legs, brown crest of feathers flaring. Voice tentative, almost quiet, she spoke, "I'm here."
@ArcaneLibrarian
["weeping embers" o: I love that.]

This was a place of dying things. The taste of ash was thick in the air as Lacaille eyed the twisted trees and watched with quiet wonder as ember motes languidly danced between their reaching fingers. They were like sprites or spirits, dancing free of the desperate pleading hands of those still grounded to the Earth. They were going home, to embrace the stars beyond the ashen sky.

Sliding her eyes closed, she pressed her feet into the warm ground, felt the soft soot packing in between her toes. The lonesome wind had just begun to serenade the silence when the words were spoken. Lacaille's eyes snapped open and she rose upon her hind legs, brown crest of feathers flaring.

Voice tentative, almost quiet, she spoke, "I'm here."
Chibi Human Gijinkas/OCs || Art Instagram
@Tedium (sends chills, doesnt it?)

The crests under her helmet flared as much as they could, taking in sound. She thought she heard a voice, but the sighing of the wind swept it away.
"Where? Speak up please, i cant hear where you are!" She gave out a few hollow coughs, sounding like a dead mans rattle as the ash crawled down her throat like a smothering soul.
"Are you alright?"

The large dragon thundered back down to all fours and trotted in the direction that she thought the voice was in. She almost completely blended in with the landscape, her jeweled hide reflecting the hot coals, giving her a hellish glow while her wings looked like plumes of ash, searching for a new victim to bury. Yes, she would have been very hard to find if not for the soft blue of her under belly and the hollow clanking of her armor.
@Tedium (sends chills, doesnt it?)

The crests under her helmet flared as much as they could, taking in sound. She thought she heard a voice, but the sighing of the wind swept it away.
"Where? Speak up please, i cant hear where you are!" She gave out a few hollow coughs, sounding like a dead mans rattle as the ash crawled down her throat like a smothering soul.
"Are you alright?"

The large dragon thundered back down to all fours and trotted in the direction that she thought the voice was in. She almost completely blended in with the landscape, her jeweled hide reflecting the hot coals, giving her a hellish glow while her wings looked like plumes of ash, searching for a new victim to bury. Yes, she would have been very hard to find if not for the soft blue of her under belly and the hollow clanking of her armor.
sig_1.png
[ @ArcaneLibrarian It does :) ]

Lacaille bowed her head towards her new companion's voice, falling to her own quarters gently. She had always come off as a quiet dragon; words always whispers, murmurs even still when painted manic with urgency. She heard the gravel in the other's throat and the worry that managed to bleed through regardless. Strengthening the volume of her own voice, she unfolded her wings.

"Here! I'm here!" Footsteps muted by distance and ash, she weaved through the husks of trees and towards the other's direction. "I'm fine, but are you?"

She heard them first, from the sound of armor clanging like the bones of an animate skeleton. She did not halt, however, until sighting a gleam from her peripheral. With a lash of her tail, she angled herself toward the stranger. The Guardian was rather apt with their landscape, greys splashed with the red and orange light of living cinders. Her own clatter of bird bones followed her wings as she tucked them in.

Lacaille was not so spectacular, being one of speckled jade and neutral brown, nor was she so armored. Was this one out on patrol? She could only hope that this was a friendly face in a land of dying fires. She took forward again, now leisure in step. If she took notice of the ash that dusted her clothes and wings, or the pressing heat in the air, she made no sign of it.

"You're the face of the voice." She paused. It was difficult to see from the brilliance of the other's hide mingling with the colors of their environment, but she could not see any line of crimson nor smell the tell-tale metallic of blood. It could be disease, or this dragon could be more spirit than flesh, but she took a step forward nevertheless. Words inflected with open curiosity, she spoke, "You seem fine, but are you?"
[ @ArcaneLibrarian It does :) ]

Lacaille bowed her head towards her new companion's voice, falling to her own quarters gently. She had always come off as a quiet dragon; words always whispers, murmurs even still when painted manic with urgency. She heard the gravel in the other's throat and the worry that managed to bleed through regardless. Strengthening the volume of her own voice, she unfolded her wings.

"Here! I'm here!" Footsteps muted by distance and ash, she weaved through the husks of trees and towards the other's direction. "I'm fine, but are you?"

She heard them first, from the sound of armor clanging like the bones of an animate skeleton. She did not halt, however, until sighting a gleam from her peripheral. With a lash of her tail, she angled herself toward the stranger. The Guardian was rather apt with their landscape, greys splashed with the red and orange light of living cinders. Her own clatter of bird bones followed her wings as she tucked them in.

Lacaille was not so spectacular, being one of speckled jade and neutral brown, nor was she so armored. Was this one out on patrol? She could only hope that this was a friendly face in a land of dying fires. She took forward again, now leisure in step. If she took notice of the ash that dusted her clothes and wings, or the pressing heat in the air, she made no sign of it.

"You're the face of the voice." She paused. It was difficult to see from the brilliance of the other's hide mingling with the colors of their environment, but she could not see any line of crimson nor smell the tell-tale metallic of blood. It could be disease, or this dragon could be more spirit than flesh, but she took a step forward nevertheless. Words inflected with open curiosity, she spoke, "You seem fine, but are you?"
@Tedium

The guardian in ebony armor slauntered over to the smaller dragon, nose to flaring to pick up scents in the cloying thickness of smaug. She couldnt scent any sort of injury or sickness on the naturesk dragoness, and she seemed lively, not in any sort of pain. Something was off about their posture, but it was quickly dismissed.

"Well so far besides you i am the only other voice around." She tilted her head, eyes narrowing slightly. Pink eyes had been tinted dark by the fires like, turning it the color of dying roses within blackened metal.

"Its good to find another soul out here. Are you injured, are you alright? Anything feel off, can you breathe alright?" She had barely started to stretch her neck out to check for herself, but stopped and withdrew, choosing instead to arch it high. While the green skydancer was quiet and reserved, she had no doubt this dragon wouldnt hesitate to defend its personal space from a dragon who looked like they lit the forest on fire themself.
@Tedium

The guardian in ebony armor slauntered over to the smaller dragon, nose to flaring to pick up scents in the cloying thickness of smaug. She couldnt scent any sort of injury or sickness on the naturesk dragoness, and she seemed lively, not in any sort of pain. Something was off about their posture, but it was quickly dismissed.

"Well so far besides you i am the only other voice around." She tilted her head, eyes narrowing slightly. Pink eyes had been tinted dark by the fires like, turning it the color of dying roses within blackened metal.

"Its good to find another soul out here. Are you injured, are you alright? Anything feel off, can you breathe alright?" She had barely started to stretch her neck out to check for herself, but stopped and withdrew, choosing instead to arch it high. While the green skydancer was quiet and reserved, she had no doubt this dragon wouldnt hesitate to defend its personal space from a dragon who looked like they lit the forest on fire themself.
sig_1.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=10205&tab=dragon&did=11907614][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/119077/11907614_350.png[/img][/url] [columns][b]Pings[/b] @ArcaneLibrarian @Tedium[nextcol][size=7][font=Century Gothic]Argo[/font][/size][color=transparent]xx[/color][size=4][font=Century Gothic]Emporium's Quirky Councillor[/font][/size] [rule] [size=3]The sky had turned an ashen grey, a thick cloak of smoke shrouding the once bright and welcoming place which had been Argo's home. The air tasted bitter and foul, the small fae rather unwilling poking his head out from underneath a large stone which had been the only barrier between Emporium, and the blazing menace which had perused its way through the forest. The fae was thankful that he hadn't been present to bear witness to what had occurred. Some of the clan's sentries had described in immense detail how the fire had greedily engulfed everything within its path, and that had been more than enough for the councillor. [b]"Argo will go and scout the area for survivors."[/b] the fae had offered, albeit a little disappointed that no one had offered to take his place. The miniscule dragon heaved himself out of his safe haven, pushing the stone back over the entrance with what seemed to be quite a decent effort. Small embers fell from the sky like winter snow, and Argo gave a bitter sigh. [b]"This could be rather problematic."[/b] he muttered under his breath, nostrils flaring as he scented the air, merely a feeble attempt to try and make out if there were any others nearby. Though his efforts were in vain, it seemed that luck was on Argo's side, for the sound of voices filled his ears, and the fae perked up, frowning a little. Though they may have possibly been injured, were they hostile? The small creature was unsure, but this did not stop him from slowing pushing himself into the air, zipping forward with immense precision. It wasn't long before two figures formed within the smokescreen, and the fae sucked in a breath. They were certainly much larger than he, so Argo decided that perhaps it was simply best to sit back, and wait. So with that, the little grey and yellow dragon hovered nearby, his frills flaring in piqued curiousity.[/size][/columns]
11907614_350.png
Pings
@ArcaneLibrarian
@Tedium
ArgoxxEmporium's Quirky Councillor
The sky had turned an ashen grey, a thick cloak of smoke shrouding the once bright and welcoming place which had been Argo's home. The air tasted bitter and foul, the small fae rather unwilling poking his head out from underneath a large stone which had been the only barrier between Emporium, and the blazing menace which had perused its way through the forest.

The fae was thankful that he hadn't been present to bear witness to what had occurred. Some of the clan's sentries had described in immense detail how the fire had greedily engulfed everything within its path, and that had been more than enough for the councillor. "Argo will go and scout the area for survivors." the fae had offered, albeit a little disappointed that no one had offered to take his place.

The miniscule dragon heaved himself out of his safe haven, pushing the stone back over the entrance with what seemed to be quite a decent effort. Small embers fell from the sky like winter snow, and Argo gave a bitter sigh. "This could be rather problematic." he muttered under his breath, nostrils flaring as he scented the air, merely a feeble attempt to try and make out if there were any others nearby.

Though his efforts were in vain, it seemed that luck was on Argo's side, for the sound of voices filled his ears, and the fae perked up, frowning a little. Though they may have possibly been injured, were they hostile? The small creature was unsure, but this did not stop him from slowing pushing himself into the air, zipping forward with immense precision.

It wasn't long before two figures formed within the smokescreen, and the fae sucked in a breath. They were certainly much larger than he, so Argo decided that perhaps it was simply best to sit back, and wait.

So with that, the little grey and yellow dragon hovered nearby, his frills flaring in piqued curiousity.
tumblr_mobg0cyIZE1sula9po1_400.gif
@ArcaneLibrarian @Spyware

Lacaille mirrored the guardian's head cant as she spoke, her own eyes glistening in the shadow beneath the brim of her hat.

"I'm fine," Lacaille's lips quirked back briefly in a small smile, vanishing only as concern seeped in its place, "But you haven't answered my question. Are you all right?"

She would have added, 'You sounded distressed,' had she not recalled a comment on the eccentrics of her behaviors. Walking through the pale fallout of a forest fire to run a ginger hand across the veil where life embraced death to whisper away into rebirth was 'not ordinary.' Reminded of a sense of etiquette, Lacaille shuffled and focused on the texture of ash and charred bark underneath her claws; the way that the heat roiled and rebelled the almost snow-like landscape by its very existence; the trees that flecked away. All of it hummed.

"Forgive me. I didn't introduce myself. My name is Lacaille."
@ArcaneLibrarian @Spyware

Lacaille mirrored the guardian's head cant as she spoke, her own eyes glistening in the shadow beneath the brim of her hat.

"I'm fine," Lacaille's lips quirked back briefly in a small smile, vanishing only as concern seeped in its place, "But you haven't answered my question. Are you all right?"

She would have added, 'You sounded distressed,' had she not recalled a comment on the eccentrics of her behaviors. Walking through the pale fallout of a forest fire to run a ginger hand across the veil where life embraced death to whisper away into rebirth was 'not ordinary.' Reminded of a sense of etiquette, Lacaille shuffled and focused on the texture of ash and charred bark underneath her claws; the way that the heat roiled and rebelled the almost snow-like landscape by its very existence; the trees that flecked away. All of it hummed.

"Forgive me. I didn't introduce myself. My name is Lacaille."
@Tedium @Spyware @bleeze

The guardian remained silent, simply choosing to watch as the spotted wildclaw gently touched the charred reminiscence of a tree nearby. To be honest, she wasnt sure she was ok. She couldnt feel or see any injuries, but something didnt feel right. Something felt... off. she could feel some something so horribly wrong.

"I am Charcoal, daughter of Aster. I come from the Crystalwatch clan, up at the Focal Point in the Arcane lands. Do you by any chance, know of our location exactly?" Her voice had a strange rasp to it, as though once her neck had been shredded and her voice damaged. She didnt bear any scars on her neck though. Her crests flared, hearing something that sounded like... pistons? No, pistons and gears and metal. It sounded like those gear wings, often used by dragons with wing problems to help them fly better. 4 other in her clan had them, so she had gotten well antiquated with the sound.

She stood on her back legs to look around before bright white and glistening metal drawed her attention. A fae was crouched there, watching them with careful eyes, no doubt to check if they were friend or foe. She went back down and tilted her head at the newcomer.

"Hello, its good to see another dragon had made it alive out of the flames. Are you alright, can you breathe ok?" She wasnt sure if the dragon was touch friendly, but she held a wing out in a strange way so the fae could use it as a perch if he so wished. She had opened her mouth to say more when her head jerked to look elsewhere.
@Tedium @Spyware @bleeze

The guardian remained silent, simply choosing to watch as the spotted wildclaw gently touched the charred reminiscence of a tree nearby. To be honest, she wasnt sure she was ok. She couldnt feel or see any injuries, but something didnt feel right. Something felt... off. she could feel some something so horribly wrong.

"I am Charcoal, daughter of Aster. I come from the Crystalwatch clan, up at the Focal Point in the Arcane lands. Do you by any chance, know of our location exactly?" Her voice had a strange rasp to it, as though once her neck had been shredded and her voice damaged. She didnt bear any scars on her neck though. Her crests flared, hearing something that sounded like... pistons? No, pistons and gears and metal. It sounded like those gear wings, often used by dragons with wing problems to help them fly better. 4 other in her clan had them, so she had gotten well antiquated with the sound.

She stood on her back legs to look around before bright white and glistening metal drawed her attention. A fae was crouched there, watching them with careful eyes, no doubt to check if they were friend or foe. She went back down and tilted her head at the newcomer.

"Hello, its good to see another dragon had made it alive out of the flames. Are you alright, can you breathe ok?" She wasnt sure if the dragon was touch friendly, but she held a wing out in a strange way so the fae could use it as a perch if he so wished. She had opened her mouth to say more when her head jerked to look elsewhere.
sig_1.png
Pings
@ArcaneLibrarian
@Bleeze
@Tedium
It was challenging for Argo to see through the ever-developing pillars of smoke, and the fae sighed, slowly lowering himself to the ground. Long, delicate claws pushed deep into the ash and Argo's felt a chill sizzle within his scales. "Argo wonders if Emada would be interested in procuring some samples of this for examination," the fae mused aloud, reaching upwards and readjusting his white cowl, leaving it marked with the black substance. "She is never pleased when Argo returns empty handed."

With that thought in mind, Argo's attention shifted from the talking dragons to the environment beneath him, curiousity taking the place of preemptive fear. Scooping up a small pile, his green eyes watched emotionlessly as the ashes fell from the small gaps between his claws, settling on the ground below. He rubbed two of his claws together, frills twitching as he mused on the rather unpleasant sensation the act left behind.

Argo was cut short however, for the ground underneath him shook, and warm breath washed over him, causing the fae to look upwards and stare directly into the face of an extremely large guardian. "Oh. Hello." He opened his mouth to respond to the other dragon's questions, though was cut off at the sound of shouting.

With a quick movement of his head, the fae's eyes narrowed, his tail moving once every few seconds as he decided what to do. The guardian, though absolutely massive seemed friendly enough, and with a few quick movements, Argo scuttled onto their outstretched wing, flicking a few stray pieces of dirt and grime away so that he could sit comfortably.

"Are you and your companion going to see who that was?" came the flat toned question, and Argo turned his head to gaze intently at the skydancer. "Argo believes that perhaps they want to see you."
Pings
@ArcaneLibrarian
@Bleeze
@Tedium
It was challenging for Argo to see through the ever-developing pillars of smoke, and the fae sighed, slowly lowering himself to the ground. Long, delicate claws pushed deep into the ash and Argo's felt a chill sizzle within his scales. "Argo wonders if Emada would be interested in procuring some samples of this for examination," the fae mused aloud, reaching upwards and readjusting his white cowl, leaving it marked with the black substance. "She is never pleased when Argo returns empty handed."

With that thought in mind, Argo's attention shifted from the talking dragons to the environment beneath him, curiousity taking the place of preemptive fear. Scooping up a small pile, his green eyes watched emotionlessly as the ashes fell from the small gaps between his claws, settling on the ground below. He rubbed two of his claws together, frills twitching as he mused on the rather unpleasant sensation the act left behind.

Argo was cut short however, for the ground underneath him shook, and warm breath washed over him, causing the fae to look upwards and stare directly into the face of an extremely large guardian. "Oh. Hello." He opened his mouth to respond to the other dragon's questions, though was cut off at the sound of shouting.

With a quick movement of his head, the fae's eyes narrowed, his tail moving once every few seconds as he decided what to do. The guardian, though absolutely massive seemed friendly enough, and with a few quick movements, Argo scuttled onto their outstretched wing, flicking a few stray pieces of dirt and grime away so that he could sit comfortably.

"Are you and your companion going to see who that was?" came the flat toned question, and Argo turned his head to gaze intently at the skydancer. "Argo believes that perhaps they want to see you."
tumblr_mobg0cyIZE1sula9po1_400.gif
@ArcaneLibrarian @Bleeze @Tedium @Spyware ((Hope you don't mind me joining)!) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13269922] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/132700/13269922_350.png[/img] [/url] Cutter laid buried beneth a mountain of ashes when he was slowly awakened by the distant sound of voices. He attempted to breath but started to cough when nothing but ash filled his nostrils. In almost a panic his head rose up from the ashes and drew after breath. He shook his head as he tried shaking the ash from his eyes. Cutter stood up and shook his body, ash falling from it's spiky frame. He squinted as he tried making out the shadows in the smoke. What happend? He blinked a few times and coughed again. It was extremely hot here, to hot for his liking. As Cutter slowly started moving forward he could feel that his skin had been slightly burned, but nothing that he considered bad enough to care about at the moment. Once again his eyes narrowed as he tried making out the what he supposed was other dragons in the distance. After all he couln't know if they were friend or foe. But he decided to take a chance and called out to them, throat dry from the smoke and ashes. ''H-hello? Who's out there!?''
@ArcaneLibrarian @Bleeze @Tedium @Spyware ((Hope you don't mind me joining)!)

13269922_350.png

Cutter laid buried beneth a mountain of ashes when he was slowly awakened by the distant sound of voices. He attempted to breath but started to cough when nothing but ash filled his nostrils. In almost a panic his head rose up from the ashes and drew after breath. He shook his head as he tried shaking the ash from his eyes.

Cutter stood up and shook his body, ash falling from it's spiky frame. He squinted as he tried making out the shadows in the smoke. What happend? He blinked a few times and coughed again. It was extremely hot here, to hot for his liking. As Cutter slowly started moving forward he could feel that his skin had been slightly burned, but nothing that he considered bad enough to care about at the moment. Once again his eyes narrowed as he tried making out the what he supposed was other dragons in the distance. After all he couln't know if they were friend or foe. But he decided to take a chance and called out to them, throat dry from the smoke and ashes. ''H-hello? Who's out there!?''
1 2