Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Ashen Armor (Closed!)
1 2
[ @ArcaneLibrarian @Bleeze @Armsfodinner @Spyware I won't be replying much or at all today. :) Graduation is today.]

Charcoal. What a fitting name for a land like this.

"No. I... have spells of lost memory. I awaken to places I hadn't been before without any knowledge of how I got there," And then she would be tugged along by an invisible line by something more, something primitive and old and otherworldly. A task to be done and she would do it. However, since her recent discovery of a home, these spell have somewhat lessened into a rumbling murmur. Ancient lullabies, sickly sweet. Almost as though the spirits were being courteous, providing a small mercy for her years of travelling and service. It was strange, but she appreciated how these spells would now return her to territories never too far from her clan.

Lacaille's feathers lifted at the sight of the fae, watching wordlessly as large and small drake interacted. She hadn't moved at the sound of the interruption, only blinking as she realized yet even more life resided in these lands. Miracles, maybe, or the stubborn statement that life would endure.

She tilted her head to the distant sound of another voice entering the winds before returning the fae's gaze.

"Perhaps, but there seems to be more than one 'who.'" Lacaille looked to Charcoal, "We may need to split our efforts."
[ @ArcaneLibrarian @Bleeze @Armsfodinner @Spyware I won't be replying much or at all today. :) Graduation is today.]

Charcoal. What a fitting name for a land like this.

"No. I... have spells of lost memory. I awaken to places I hadn't been before without any knowledge of how I got there," And then she would be tugged along by an invisible line by something more, something primitive and old and otherworldly. A task to be done and she would do it. However, since her recent discovery of a home, these spell have somewhat lessened into a rumbling murmur. Ancient lullabies, sickly sweet. Almost as though the spirits were being courteous, providing a small mercy for her years of travelling and service. It was strange, but she appreciated how these spells would now return her to territories never too far from her clan.

Lacaille's feathers lifted at the sight of the fae, watching wordlessly as large and small drake interacted. She hadn't moved at the sound of the interruption, only blinking as she realized yet even more life resided in these lands. Miracles, maybe, or the stubborn statement that life would endure.

She tilted her head to the distant sound of another voice entering the winds before returning the fae's gaze.

"Perhaps, but there seems to be more than one 'who.'" Lacaille looked to Charcoal, "We may need to split our efforts."
Chibi Human Gijinkas/OCs || Art Instagram
@Bleeze @Armsfodinner @Spyware @Tedium (Nice! Congratulations!)

Charcoal gave a small nod at the fae now resting on her wing, carefully shifting it slightly closer to her body to make sure any kicked up smoke wouldnt enter the small dragons lungs. She then oh so gently reached for the wildclaw as though about to pick them up and then froze, keeping herself balanced.

"I think we need to stick together. None of us know this territory, and to split up could mean any f us getting lost, and then the action in its self would be for naught. However, if we are to split, we would need a place to meet up later, a place that we can all easily find, as well as a set time." She left her paw hanging out stretched to the other, a silent offer to carry the other dragon if they so wished. Charcoal knew the other wasnt injured, but she wanted to keep every close, just for safety's sake.

It was then that she brought up the other two dragons not a part of the current trio.
"We will go find the one who was calling out earlier, Fae. We shall leave no dragon that we can help to die here in a land already so filled with charred death. May I inquire you name, if you are not bothered by the question?" It was then she turned to head to the coral colored ridgeback several paces away and called out in her hoarse voice.

"We are here friend! Are you injured are you hurt? Can you breathe alright?" She lifted the wing that wasnt occupied and flagged it at the dragon, making sure he would be able to find them alright.
@Bleeze @Armsfodinner @Spyware @Tedium (Nice! Congratulations!)

Charcoal gave a small nod at the fae now resting on her wing, carefully shifting it slightly closer to her body to make sure any kicked up smoke wouldnt enter the small dragons lungs. She then oh so gently reached for the wildclaw as though about to pick them up and then froze, keeping herself balanced.

"I think we need to stick together. None of us know this territory, and to split up could mean any f us getting lost, and then the action in its self would be for naught. However, if we are to split, we would need a place to meet up later, a place that we can all easily find, as well as a set time." She left her paw hanging out stretched to the other, a silent offer to carry the other dragon if they so wished. Charcoal knew the other wasnt injured, but she wanted to keep every close, just for safety's sake.

It was then that she brought up the other two dragons not a part of the current trio.
"We will go find the one who was calling out earlier, Fae. We shall leave no dragon that we can help to die here in a land already so filled with charred death. May I inquire you name, if you are not bothered by the question?" It was then she turned to head to the coral colored ridgeback several paces away and called out in her hoarse voice.

"We are here friend! Are you injured are you hurt? Can you breathe alright?" She lifted the wing that wasnt occupied and flagged it at the dragon, making sure he would be able to find them alright.
sig_1.png
free_rabbit_avatar_3_by_tirrih-d54kk09.gif
@ArcaneLibrarian @Bleeze @Tedium @Spyware

Cutter turned to the sound of the voice and then called back. ''Im alright, just some minor burns!'' He saw the guardian flag her wing and started making his way towards them. He noticed that two other dragons were with the guardian. Cutter's hide was still covered in ash, which made his normally bright coral colors seem gray, like the landscape around them.

He stopped when he could see the guardian clearly and breathed out. ''Im glad im not alone here at least.. Do any of you know what happend?'' He glanced around before looking back at the three dragons before him.

Cutter turned to the sound of the voice and then called back. ''Im alright, just some minor burns!'' He saw the guardian flag her wing and started making his way towards them. He noticed that two other dragons were with the guardian. Cutter's hide was still covered in ash, which made his normally bright coral colors seem gray, like the landscape around them.

He stopped when he could see the guardian clearly and breathed out. ''Im glad im not alone here at least.. Do any of you know what happend?'' He glanced around before looking back at the three dragons before him.
Pings
@ArcaneLibrarian
@Armsfodinner
@Bleeze
@Tedium
ArgoxxEmporium's Quirky Councillor

"There seems to be more than one 'who'." said the skydancer, and she was right.

Another hoarse voice drifted through the area, and Argo turned his gaze away from his two companions, tilting his head to the side in what looked to be a questioning manner. Out of pure habit, Argo pulled his white cowl over his eyes and looked downwards, brow furrowing as he considered what on earth he was doing. Certainly, he was doing as he had told the others he would do, but what was his task after locating survivors? He did not know. Lacer would not be pleased if he brought more mouths for their hunters to feed.

"This one is somewhat familiar with this territory. Or at least, was." Argo corrected the guardian. However, his response was terribly soft, and it would have been a wonder if the others had heard him speak. As his large protector inquired as to what his name was, the fae gave a somewhat indifferent shrug, and aimlessly fiddled with a cog on his winged contraption. "This one goes by Argo. Argo vas Emporium."

Another dragon joined them, and Argo closed his eyes, feigning a sigh. Everyone was just so big. Of course, that was just agiven, but the small reptilian creature decided that he was becoming increasingly uncomfortable and with that thought, jumped off the guardian and onto the ground, head turning in the direction of another voice.

Ignoring the ridgeback's question, Argo pushed his head through a nearby charred shrub, grumbling under his breath as residue spilled onto his attire. However, that was the least of his problems, as his bright green eyes he focused on a small dragon in front of him.

They were donned in red, drenched and cold. Their wings were tattered and burnt, but it was hardly an issue, for they still shone and glimmered among the smoke and ash.

"Friend, or foe?" they asked softly, their voice hoarse and dry. Argo inched forward, extending out a paw, claws twitching.

"This one is a friend." he replied simply. "This one only wishes to help."
Pings
@ArcaneLibrarian
@Armsfodinner
@Bleeze
@Tedium
ArgoxxEmporium's Quirky Councillor

"There seems to be more than one 'who'." said the skydancer, and she was right.

Another hoarse voice drifted through the area, and Argo turned his gaze away from his two companions, tilting his head to the side in what looked to be a questioning manner. Out of pure habit, Argo pulled his white cowl over his eyes and looked downwards, brow furrowing as he considered what on earth he was doing. Certainly, he was doing as he had told the others he would do, but what was his task after locating survivors? He did not know. Lacer would not be pleased if he brought more mouths for their hunters to feed.

"This one is somewhat familiar with this territory. Or at least, was." Argo corrected the guardian. However, his response was terribly soft, and it would have been a wonder if the others had heard him speak. As his large protector inquired as to what his name was, the fae gave a somewhat indifferent shrug, and aimlessly fiddled with a cog on his winged contraption. "This one goes by Argo. Argo vas Emporium."

Another dragon joined them, and Argo closed his eyes, feigning a sigh. Everyone was just so big. Of course, that was just agiven, but the small reptilian creature decided that he was becoming increasingly uncomfortable and with that thought, jumped off the guardian and onto the ground, head turning in the direction of another voice.

Ignoring the ridgeback's question, Argo pushed his head through a nearby charred shrub, grumbling under his breath as residue spilled onto his attire. However, that was the least of his problems, as his bright green eyes he focused on a small dragon in front of him.

They were donned in red, drenched and cold. Their wings were tattered and burnt, but it was hardly an issue, for they still shone and glimmered among the smoke and ash.

"Friend, or foe?" they asked softly, their voice hoarse and dry. Argo inched forward, extending out a paw, claws twitching.

"This one is a friend." he replied simply. "This one only wishes to help."
tumblr_mobg0cyIZE1sula9po1_400.gif
[right][ @ArcaneLibrarian - [i]Thank you![/i] ][ @Spyware @Armsfodinner @Bleeze ] [/right] [br] ------ [br] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7014457] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/70145/7014457.png?mtime=VXqwDAAATtc.png[/img] [/url] [nextcol] Lacaille tilted her head downwards, bemusement painted on her expression as she simply stared at the guardian's offered paw. She looked up again, head tilted inquisitively. Did she... want her to shake it? When Charcoal looked to the Ridgeback in the distance, Lacaille followed their gaze, glad to find the attention momentarily diverted. Flesh colors dusted in ash, blossoming with charred blacks. Lacaille canted her head at the Ridgeback with her eyes mildly glinting in tepid fascination. "I don't believe we do," She murmured, eye snatching a glimpse at the fae. "But I do have healing magics if you need tending." White fabrics stretched tight as Lacaille's neck elongated, the skydancer lifting herself up once again onto her hind legs at the rattling rustle of branches. She watched the one called Argo push his head into the brambles nearby, replying to another's question. Gingerly falling into the dust again, she followed and halted a few steps behind him.[/columns]
[ @ArcaneLibrarian - Thank you! ][ @Spyware @Armsfodinner @Bleeze ]

7014457.png?mtime=VXqwDAAATtc.png
Lacaille tilted her head downwards, bemusement painted on her expression as she simply stared at the guardian's offered paw. She looked up again, head tilted inquisitively. Did she... want her to shake it? When Charcoal looked to the Ridgeback in the distance, Lacaille followed their gaze, glad to find the attention momentarily diverted.

Flesh colors dusted in ash, blossoming with charred blacks. Lacaille canted her head at the Ridgeback with her eyes mildly glinting in tepid fascination. "I don't believe we do," She murmured, eye snatching a glimpse at the fae. "But I do have healing magics if you need tending."

White fabrics stretched tight as Lacaille's neck elongated, the skydancer lifting herself up once again onto her hind legs at the rattling rustle of branches. She watched the one called Argo push his head into the brambles nearby, replying to another's question. Gingerly falling into the dust again, she followed and halted a few steps behind him.
Chibi Human Gijinkas/OCs || Art Instagram

Cutter looked at the skydancer and snorted. ''Well that's a pity...'' He said in a grumpy tone while glaning at the landscape around them before turning his leaf colored eyes back at the skydancer. ''And that won't be neccessary, im sure there are others who would need it more then me.''

When Lacaille went after Argo Cutter curiously glanced at them but decided to leave them be and turned to the guardian instead. ''They call me Cutter.'' He tried to shake some more ash of him, thought what remained was merely dust which stuck to him. ''This place sure is one big mess isn't it?'' Cutter swung his spiky head around looking at the ash and smoke filled surroundings once more. The smoke and ash stung in his eyes. He felt they needed to get away from here soon, no need to stay in some unpleasant wasteland longer then needed.

Cutter looked at the skydancer and snorted. ''Well that's a pity...'' He said in a grumpy tone while glaning at the landscape around them before turning his leaf colored eyes back at the skydancer. ''And that won't be neccessary, im sure there are others who would need it more then me.''

When Lacaille went after Argo Cutter curiously glanced at them but decided to leave them be and turned to the guardian instead. ''They call me Cutter.'' He tried to shake some more ash of him, thought what remained was merely dust which stuck to him. ''This place sure is one big mess isn't it?'' Cutter swung his spiky head around looking at the ash and smoke filled surroundings once more. The smoke and ash stung in his eyes. He felt they needed to get away from here soon, no need to stay in some unpleasant wasteland longer then needed.
1 2