Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A Debt Repaid [Private]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 25 26
@Kiithe

Ha! The Mirror is amused by the idea of the face scar, but has a tension lifted knowing that the Fae is alright. Maybe another fair spar was in order.

Lambent nods in some understanding. "Never understood the appeal of controlled explosions, but I guess not having the cave system collaps---took what?" The Mirror looks genuinely confused. She'd never seen this dragon before.

She didn't have time to react to the golem's attack. Her mouth is in some serious pain as her teeth dig into her gums. Her fight or flight instincts kick in and she opens her mouth, chomping down on the creature's arm and tearing it from its magical grasp, at least temporarily. She takes a few steps back, still holding the arm and a tiny bit of nature magic dripping from her slightly bleeding mouth. It's then she realized what she did before tossing the object aside and ducking down into defense position, "What are you even talking about? I don't even know you!"

The dragon keeps two eyes on the Fae's explosives and two on the golem. If push comes to shove, she's definitely dodging the fire first, "We were having a lovely conversation about blowing caves up. Can we talk about that instead before you blow up the entire room or do something else drastic, kid?!"

~*~

"Now that's a story." the Tundra states before sitting down, ready to explain.

Acgyll frowns, looking to the Coatl. "Not sure 'bout your 'charge', Ntamu, but Ramotholo is 'bout to tell a story, so Ah suggest fleeing."

"Excuse you." The arcane dragon frowns. "Lambent's treachery is important."

"Ah wish ya wouldn't talk about a misunderstandin' that way just because ya hate Lambent, but continue." The Skydancer sits down with a sigh.

"She swore that she saw the Fae stealing some coin from the treasury. Of course, this is a complete and utter lie, since your Fae is probably respectable despite her scrapings." He adds on, reassuring him that his clan was obviously good. "That and the treasury was full, thus Lambent was lying for some cheap thrills." Ramotholo nods his head a few times, totally convinced that he's right.

"What he means ta say is Lambent thought she saw somethin', but there was somethin' wrong because if she had seen something, she would've reported it right away." Acgyll continues despite the Tundra's attempts at interrupting, "She's not the type to do that sorta thing, so we suspect some tamperin' or something was involved, since there wasn't anything missing from the treasury."

"Yes, that's what I said." The Tundra crosses his arms in a huff. The Skydancer decides not to continue the inevitable back-and-forth of 'nah-ahs' and 'yah-huhs', turning her attention to the audience for responses.

Little do they know the sounds down the hall are actually unnatural. Ntamu might hear the difference, but everyone else is too engrossed in storytelling.
@Kiithe

Ha! The Mirror is amused by the idea of the face scar, but has a tension lifted knowing that the Fae is alright. Maybe another fair spar was in order.

Lambent nods in some understanding. "Never understood the appeal of controlled explosions, but I guess not having the cave system collaps---took what?" The Mirror looks genuinely confused. She'd never seen this dragon before.

She didn't have time to react to the golem's attack. Her mouth is in some serious pain as her teeth dig into her gums. Her fight or flight instincts kick in and she opens her mouth, chomping down on the creature's arm and tearing it from its magical grasp, at least temporarily. She takes a few steps back, still holding the arm and a tiny bit of nature magic dripping from her slightly bleeding mouth. It's then she realized what she did before tossing the object aside and ducking down into defense position, "What are you even talking about? I don't even know you!"

The dragon keeps two eyes on the Fae's explosives and two on the golem. If push comes to shove, she's definitely dodging the fire first, "We were having a lovely conversation about blowing caves up. Can we talk about that instead before you blow up the entire room or do something else drastic, kid?!"

~*~

"Now that's a story." the Tundra states before sitting down, ready to explain.

Acgyll frowns, looking to the Coatl. "Not sure 'bout your 'charge', Ntamu, but Ramotholo is 'bout to tell a story, so Ah suggest fleeing."

"Excuse you." The arcane dragon frowns. "Lambent's treachery is important."

"Ah wish ya wouldn't talk about a misunderstandin' that way just because ya hate Lambent, but continue." The Skydancer sits down with a sigh.

"She swore that she saw the Fae stealing some coin from the treasury. Of course, this is a complete and utter lie, since your Fae is probably respectable despite her scrapings." He adds on, reassuring him that his clan was obviously good. "That and the treasury was full, thus Lambent was lying for some cheap thrills." Ramotholo nods his head a few times, totally convinced that he's right.

"What he means ta say is Lambent thought she saw somethin', but there was somethin' wrong because if she had seen something, she would've reported it right away." Acgyll continues despite the Tundra's attempts at interrupting, "She's not the type to do that sorta thing, so we suspect some tamperin' or something was involved, since there wasn't anything missing from the treasury."

"Yes, that's what I said." The Tundra crosses his arms in a huff. The Skydancer decides not to continue the inevitable back-and-forth of 'nah-ahs' and 'yah-huhs', turning her attention to the audience for responses.

Little do they know the sounds down the hall are actually unnatural. Ntamu might hear the difference, but everyone else is too engrossed in storytelling.
@Averil

"Quick burn. Room'll be fine. Hopefully you won't."

The fae tosses the pipe-bomb at the mirror as the golem retracts it's hand back into the socket. It hovers back to avoid the incoming bomb.

The tundra runs behind the fae still shouting, "Tropek what in blazes!? Stop that!"

She swipes the other pipes away, just in case the fae goes for extra ammo. The fae has since darted behind the golem as it charges at Lambent again.

~*~

The coatl hisses a laugh at the two bickering, he's only picking up bits of the conversation, but catches enough to get what's going on.

Trip pipes up as well, "Confused. Etta would not steal. She is reckless, but not a thief. Curious. Why would your clan mate lie?"

Ntamu stops paying attention as the fae speaks, he can't hear him anyways, why bother? Instead he just listens to the noise around him. Odd. Was that an explosion? The fae is usually a lot more careful, unless the tundra is working alone, "Odd. Did you hear that?"
@Averil

"Quick burn. Room'll be fine. Hopefully you won't."

The fae tosses the pipe-bomb at the mirror as the golem retracts it's hand back into the socket. It hovers back to avoid the incoming bomb.

The tundra runs behind the fae still shouting, "Tropek what in blazes!? Stop that!"

She swipes the other pipes away, just in case the fae goes for extra ammo. The fae has since darted behind the golem as it charges at Lambent again.

~*~

The coatl hisses a laugh at the two bickering, he's only picking up bits of the conversation, but catches enough to get what's going on.

Trip pipes up as well, "Confused. Etta would not steal. She is reckless, but not a thief. Curious. Why would your clan mate lie?"

Ntamu stops paying attention as the fae speaks, he can't hear him anyways, why bother? Instead he just listens to the noise around him. Odd. Was that an explosion? The fae is usually a lot more careful, unless the tundra is working alone, "Odd. Did you hear that?"
HzGpUHb.png
@Kiithe

The Mirror's reactions aren't as fast as others. After all, there's a lot of gems weighing her down, but she sees an opportunity. Using her tail she swipes the pipe bomb back towards the aggressive golem. It doesn't make it the whole way back -- after all, it is a fast burn, but the dragon doesn't take much anything in terms of damage.

"Excellent lesson on explosives. Glad we've had this talk. Can you stop demonstrating on me please?!"

The golem charges forward as Lambent's muscles contract. The Mirror yells "I honestly don't know what you're talking about, kid." She slams down at the thing, more to stumble it backwards than actually destroy it outright, but she's very very powerful. There might be a crack or two.

"I'm already here to apologize for the ~weird stuff~ that happened with Etta. I don't want to be responsible for blowing the place up, too!"

~*~

"That's the thing, she wouldn't. We've been thinkin' something else happened, but it's probably Lambent's fault so she's here to apologize in her sorta-kinda way." The Skydancer explains to Trip.

The conversation slows and the Tundra looks confused. "Hear what?"

They sit in silence to hear any hint of what's going on.
@Kiithe

The Mirror's reactions aren't as fast as others. After all, there's a lot of gems weighing her down, but she sees an opportunity. Using her tail she swipes the pipe bomb back towards the aggressive golem. It doesn't make it the whole way back -- after all, it is a fast burn, but the dragon doesn't take much anything in terms of damage.

"Excellent lesson on explosives. Glad we've had this talk. Can you stop demonstrating on me please?!"

The golem charges forward as Lambent's muscles contract. The Mirror yells "I honestly don't know what you're talking about, kid." She slams down at the thing, more to stumble it backwards than actually destroy it outright, but she's very very powerful. There might be a crack or two.

"I'm already here to apologize for the ~weird stuff~ that happened with Etta. I don't want to be responsible for blowing the place up, too!"

~*~

"That's the thing, she wouldn't. We've been thinkin' something else happened, but it's probably Lambent's fault so she's here to apologize in her sorta-kinda way." The Skydancer explains to Trip.

The conversation slows and the Tundra looks confused. "Hear what?"

They sit in silence to hear any hint of what's going on.
@Averil

Though usually the golem would dodge, with the fae behind it it continues to charge froward through the attack, taking the bomb with it. Quick burn or not, with her hands on the golem fire plus hot metal equals a pretty bad burn for Lambent.

The golem is more than a little cracked with the attack and staggers slightly out of the way. The fae however is prepared. As the golem moves she tosses a smaller ball at Lambents face, which lets loose a flash in Lambents face.

Taking advantage of the flash, the fae jumps out of Lambent immediate reach hovering above her head.

In the meantime the tundra escapes, and runs out into the hall.

~*~

In the quiet of the hall, with the music playing from one end of the room, the noise of screaming? And was that an explosive? Can just barely be heard in the distance.

Also there's a tundra running toward the group.
@Averil

Though usually the golem would dodge, with the fae behind it it continues to charge froward through the attack, taking the bomb with it. Quick burn or not, with her hands on the golem fire plus hot metal equals a pretty bad burn for Lambent.

The golem is more than a little cracked with the attack and staggers slightly out of the way. The fae however is prepared. As the golem moves she tosses a smaller ball at Lambents face, which lets loose a flash in Lambents face.

Taking advantage of the flash, the fae jumps out of Lambent immediate reach hovering above her head.

In the meantime the tundra escapes, and runs out into the hall.

~*~

In the quiet of the hall, with the music playing from one end of the room, the noise of screaming? And was that an explosive? Can just barely be heard in the distance.

Also there's a tundra running toward the group.
HzGpUHb.png
@Kiithe

She feels the heat creep through her gembond. While it doesn't hurt as bad as it should, Lambent's still a nature dragon through and through. She screeches and stumbles back, luckily avoiding the full frontal assault of the flash bomb.

"Magnesium." She hisses, still seeing through at least her two eyes, the other two temporarily blinded. "I don't know what the hell I did to your legs and whatever, but keep this up and I'll tear your wings off, too!" The dragon takes a few steps back and leaps off the wall. She jumps surprisingly high, just scratching the tiny Fae in retaliation. No need to crush her to death like that golem will end up in a second.

~*~

Ramotholo looks rather confused. He doesn't understand why the screams are associated with the beautiful music. It isn't that bad!

Acgyll immediately turns, fleeing down the hall. She leaps and glides over the fleeing Tundra with some difficulty in the tiny hallway as she arrives at the scene of the battle.

"Stop!" The dragon yells with her powerful voice, jumping between the two and her power flaring. Lambent takes a few stumbling steps backwards as some of the electrical lights in the room crack or shatter. Hopefully, it stuns the Fae and the golem as well.

The arcane dragon turns and walks around in a circle once, confused as to the reaction of the Skydancer as she ran down the hall. He chooses to follow, but nearly runs face-first into the brown Tundra. "Excuse Ramotholo, but what is going on?" He looks between all the dragons gathered for an answer, despite no one really having one.
@Kiithe

She feels the heat creep through her gembond. While it doesn't hurt as bad as it should, Lambent's still a nature dragon through and through. She screeches and stumbles back, luckily avoiding the full frontal assault of the flash bomb.

"Magnesium." She hisses, still seeing through at least her two eyes, the other two temporarily blinded. "I don't know what the hell I did to your legs and whatever, but keep this up and I'll tear your wings off, too!" The dragon takes a few steps back and leaps off the wall. She jumps surprisingly high, just scratching the tiny Fae in retaliation. No need to crush her to death like that golem will end up in a second.

~*~

Ramotholo looks rather confused. He doesn't understand why the screams are associated with the beautiful music. It isn't that bad!

Acgyll immediately turns, fleeing down the hall. She leaps and glides over the fleeing Tundra with some difficulty in the tiny hallway as she arrives at the scene of the battle.

"Stop!" The dragon yells with her powerful voice, jumping between the two and her power flaring. Lambent takes a few stumbling steps backwards as some of the electrical lights in the room crack or shatter. Hopefully, it stuns the Fae and the golem as well.

The arcane dragon turns and walks around in a circle once, confused as to the reaction of the Skydancer as she ran down the hall. He chooses to follow, but nearly runs face-first into the brown Tundra. "Excuse Ramotholo, but what is going on?" He looks between all the dragons gathered for an answer, despite no one really having one.
@Averil

When the skydancer enters the room and flares her powers, the fae tumbles back to the ground landing near the shelves and just barely missing knocking anything over.

The golem however is not so nimble. Being a construct of magic and minor circuitry it fritz's out for a momnet, crashing into a shelf before righting itself. A few minor flashes go off, but the stored chemicals and parts are luckily all sealed.

With the room in dissarray the fae crouches near the golem, waiting to see what this new one does.

~*~

Zische nearly barrels over the other tundra in her haste to escape. Out of breath she ignores the other when she spots Trip, "Oh! Good! I dunno why, but Tarrik just freaked out and threw a bomb at some mirror and now her and the golem and the mirror are fighting, and I don't know what's happening!"

Without another word the fae darts down the hall after the skydancer, and enters just in time to see her display. He flies inside and looks about.

He directs toward Tarlek, "What happened."
@Averil

When the skydancer enters the room and flares her powers, the fae tumbles back to the ground landing near the shelves and just barely missing knocking anything over.

The golem however is not so nimble. Being a construct of magic and minor circuitry it fritz's out for a momnet, crashing into a shelf before righting itself. A few minor flashes go off, but the stored chemicals and parts are luckily all sealed.

With the room in dissarray the fae crouches near the golem, waiting to see what this new one does.

~*~

Zische nearly barrels over the other tundra in her haste to escape. Out of breath she ignores the other when she spots Trip, "Oh! Good! I dunno why, but Tarrik just freaked out and threw a bomb at some mirror and now her and the golem and the mirror are fighting, and I don't know what's happening!"

Without another word the fae darts down the hall after the skydancer, and enters just in time to see her display. He flies inside and looks about.

He directs toward Tarlek, "What happened."
HzGpUHb.png
@Kiithe

"An excellent question, if Ah do say so myself," The Skydancer states in response to Trip, turning her attention to Lambent.

The Mirror's uncomfortably rubbing the right side of her face. "The Fae started it. Her and that golem monster over there." She idly directs roughly to where the construct fell.

Acgyll gives her a nonplused look. The Mirror groans in frustration, answering her wordless question: "We were having a lovely conversation about explosions when she turned around, said, and I'm quoting directly here: 'You took my legs', and the golem socks me in the jaw!" The Mirror quits rubbing her pained eyes, quickly adding on, "And no, I don't know what she means by 'taking her legs' because I've never met her before." Lambent clearly articulates every word.

~*~

Unlike Acgyll and Trip, Ramotholo can't really fly over the other dragon. He looks between Ntamu and the Tundra. "So...Lambent screwed up? Again? I knew it. I told them so." He claps his hands, excited about being right. Then again, he was usually right.

He looks towards the brown dragon again, "Excuse me, I need to get past you, miss Tundra-who-smells-like-Boadica's-burns. I need to do the thing where I tell miss Lambent she's awful."
@Kiithe

"An excellent question, if Ah do say so myself," The Skydancer states in response to Trip, turning her attention to Lambent.

The Mirror's uncomfortably rubbing the right side of her face. "The Fae started it. Her and that golem monster over there." She idly directs roughly to where the construct fell.

Acgyll gives her a nonplused look. The Mirror groans in frustration, answering her wordless question: "We were having a lovely conversation about explosions when she turned around, said, and I'm quoting directly here: 'You took my legs', and the golem socks me in the jaw!" The Mirror quits rubbing her pained eyes, quickly adding on, "And no, I don't know what she means by 'taking her legs' because I've never met her before." Lambent clearly articulates every word.

~*~

Unlike Acgyll and Trip, Ramotholo can't really fly over the other dragon. He looks between Ntamu and the Tundra. "So...Lambent screwed up? Again? I knew it. I told them so." He claps his hands, excited about being right. Then again, he was usually right.

He looks towards the brown dragon again, "Excuse me, I need to get past you, miss Tundra-who-smells-like-Boadica's-burns. I need to do the thing where I tell miss Lambent she's awful."
@Averil

The tundra moves out of the way, following after the blue-coated tundra warily to see what had happened to the fae, and asks Ramotholo warily, "So this was an accident right? You're not invaders? I've never even heard of invaders in the Windy lands. And who's Boa-disha?"

The coatl makes his way down the opposite hall, deciding not to get involved in this particular venture.

If the two travel fast enough they would be just in time to hear the tail end of Lambents explanation, and the shaken faes response.

Before the skydancer could ask any more questions the fae stops picking up broken jars and righting the golem to spit back at the mirror in a rather shaky voice, "You're lying, I dunno know how you got here, but I recognize you. A nature dragon with venom spit?" She points to the golems broken hand, "with an over abundance of gembond in shackles? No one else like you. We've met, and you tried to murder me. Didn't succeed then, and ain't gonna succeed to day."
@Averil

The tundra moves out of the way, following after the blue-coated tundra warily to see what had happened to the fae, and asks Ramotholo warily, "So this was an accident right? You're not invaders? I've never even heard of invaders in the Windy lands. And who's Boa-disha?"

The coatl makes his way down the opposite hall, deciding not to get involved in this particular venture.

If the two travel fast enough they would be just in time to hear the tail end of Lambents explanation, and the shaken faes response.

Before the skydancer could ask any more questions the fae stops picking up broken jars and righting the golem to spit back at the mirror in a rather shaky voice, "You're lying, I dunno know how you got here, but I recognize you. A nature dragon with venom spit?" She points to the golems broken hand, "with an over abundance of gembond in shackles? No one else like you. We've met, and you tried to murder me. Didn't succeed then, and ain't gonna succeed to day."
HzGpUHb.png
@Kiithe

Acgyll looks between the two, knowing exactly what's going on. She turns to the Mirror, "Ah think you should go outside for a minute. Ah'll come back and get ya once the situation is sorted."

Lambent has stood tall, frustrated and angry with the tiny Fae. How dare she say those things. It takes a few prods of the Skydancer's wings to get the dragon to turn around. Everyone can hear her murmur, "Oh, like there's not a single nature dragon that has venom in them..."

The Tundra beams, stepping aside and allowing the Mirror to pass, only to follow her and start unrelentingly teasing her for 'how awful she is' and 'how Torebra's definitely going to break her neck one day' in a sing-songy voice. The Mirror just keeps walking until she's a descent ways down the hall before spitting acid at the Tundra. He has to leap to make sure his fur isn't covered in the venom. He quiets down and backs away, but continues to whisper about her inability to do anything right.

~*~

The Skydancer makes sure her company leaves before turning back to the scared Fae. "She's gone and killed many dragons, but doesn't remember doin' it." She looks at Trip sadly, "Lambent even tried doing the same to Etta, but she doesn't remember that fight at all. Something about shadows and darkness drives her mad. Scared of the dark, she is." She shrugs a little, "Don't know what it is 'bout it, but she's already here to apologize 'bout trying to kill Etta. She's, honestly and truly, not the terrible dragon that did that to ya. Hell, does she seem anything like the dragon that hurt ya anyway? And I don't mean the looks," She begins sweeping up the pieces of electrical lights she broke with her tail, "I'm talkin' personality wise."

Acgyll's sure to add on, "Ya don't have to ever forgive her, but what I'm tellin' you is honest. She'd explain herself, but she's a tad bit proud and very angry as is." A grin on her old, Skydancer face, "And ya don't have to forgive me for bustin' your lights, either."
@Kiithe

Acgyll looks between the two, knowing exactly what's going on. She turns to the Mirror, "Ah think you should go outside for a minute. Ah'll come back and get ya once the situation is sorted."

Lambent has stood tall, frustrated and angry with the tiny Fae. How dare she say those things. It takes a few prods of the Skydancer's wings to get the dragon to turn around. Everyone can hear her murmur, "Oh, like there's not a single nature dragon that has venom in them..."

The Tundra beams, stepping aside and allowing the Mirror to pass, only to follow her and start unrelentingly teasing her for 'how awful she is' and 'how Torebra's definitely going to break her neck one day' in a sing-songy voice. The Mirror just keeps walking until she's a descent ways down the hall before spitting acid at the Tundra. He has to leap to make sure his fur isn't covered in the venom. He quiets down and backs away, but continues to whisper about her inability to do anything right.

~*~

The Skydancer makes sure her company leaves before turning back to the scared Fae. "She's gone and killed many dragons, but doesn't remember doin' it." She looks at Trip sadly, "Lambent even tried doing the same to Etta, but she doesn't remember that fight at all. Something about shadows and darkness drives her mad. Scared of the dark, she is." She shrugs a little, "Don't know what it is 'bout it, but she's already here to apologize 'bout trying to kill Etta. She's, honestly and truly, not the terrible dragon that did that to ya. Hell, does she seem anything like the dragon that hurt ya anyway? And I don't mean the looks," She begins sweeping up the pieces of electrical lights she broke with her tail, "I'm talkin' personality wise."

Acgyll's sure to add on, "Ya don't have to ever forgive her, but what I'm tellin' you is honest. She'd explain herself, but she's a tad bit proud and very angry as is." A grin on her old, Skydancer face, "And ya don't have to forgive me for bustin' your lights, either."
@Averil

Back outside, as the tundra passes, Zische skirts around the mirror giving her a wide berth. She decides she doesn't actually like that tundra, before trotting back over to the fae. She starts putting the shelves back up while the skydancer explains.

Tarlek glances up at the broken lights and responds, "Don't care bout the lights, Cavan did those, she'll just redo em. Ain't like we don't got enough daylight."

She looks a bit conflicted, again an oddly obvious expression on the fae, "Just met you so I dunno if you're lyin. She definitely seems... more civil. But just keep her outta here, specially at night if ya would."

The golem behind her finally regains operation and helps Tarlek stand back up, checking to make sure her legs weren't busted up any.

Trip having been hovering in the background, speaks up finally, "Well. Confused. Certainly an exciting visit. Curious. You said you were looking for Etta? And do you two need any help in here?"

The tundra shakes her head, "Nah we've got this covered, isn't the first time Tarleks blown up the lab."

She smirks and the fae glares, tossing a cap at her head which the other easily dodges.

"Right," says Trip and directs at Acgyll, "then, Hopeful. Can I help you? And um. Stern. Could you not destroy any more of our lair? We are just building this one. It would be nice for it to hold for at least the first month."
@Averil

Back outside, as the tundra passes, Zische skirts around the mirror giving her a wide berth. She decides she doesn't actually like that tundra, before trotting back over to the fae. She starts putting the shelves back up while the skydancer explains.

Tarlek glances up at the broken lights and responds, "Don't care bout the lights, Cavan did those, she'll just redo em. Ain't like we don't got enough daylight."

She looks a bit conflicted, again an oddly obvious expression on the fae, "Just met you so I dunno if you're lyin. She definitely seems... more civil. But just keep her outta here, specially at night if ya would."

The golem behind her finally regains operation and helps Tarlek stand back up, checking to make sure her legs weren't busted up any.

Trip having been hovering in the background, speaks up finally, "Well. Confused. Certainly an exciting visit. Curious. You said you were looking for Etta? And do you two need any help in here?"

The tundra shakes her head, "Nah we've got this covered, isn't the first time Tarleks blown up the lab."

She smirks and the fae glares, tossing a cap at her head which the other easily dodges.

"Right," says Trip and directs at Acgyll, "then, Hopeful. Can I help you? And um. Stern. Could you not destroy any more of our lair? We are just building this one. It would be nice for it to hold for at least the first month."
HzGpUHb.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 25 26