Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lightning Winds (Private RP)
1 2 3 4
A young adult sat o the roof of the curtain wall, where a somewhat large dynasty has stood for decades. The white stone bricks shimmered and the jade roof tops made someone of a reflection of the sun, gleaming in bright colors of medium light greens. It was a fairly decent day, a few light clouds in the sky that occasionally covered the sun for a few seconds, just to be moved and replaced with another. He huddled up slightly, hugging his knees...waiting. [i]Why do I have to marry?[/i] He sighed and watched the puffy white clouds cover the sun once more. [i]What if we don't even like eachother? ... What if... he's ugly?[/i] Ryu wrinkled his nose at the thought. All he knew about the coming prince was that they were the same age. He rubbed his head, flustered at the thought of marriage. He sat there, rocking in tune with the flowing grass and the dancing flowers in the grassy field that was sprawled before him. He then mumbled to himself, "Who am I to complain?" His voice unheard, he nodded slightly and rested his chin on his knees, waiting for his [i]prince in shining armor[/i] to come claim his hand in marriage. [img]http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2015/021/7/9/ryu_by_daigeijutsu-d8ewja5.jpg[/img] @Saphelle
A young adult sat o the roof of the curtain wall, where a somewhat large dynasty has stood for decades. The white stone bricks shimmered and the jade roof tops made someone of a reflection of the sun, gleaming in bright colors of medium light greens. It was a fairly decent day, a few light clouds in the sky that occasionally covered the sun for a few seconds, just to be moved and replaced with another. He huddled up slightly, hugging his knees...waiting.

Why do I have to marry? He sighed and watched the puffy white clouds cover the sun once more. What if we don't even like eachother? ... What if... he's ugly? Ryu wrinkled his nose at the thought. All he knew about the coming prince was that they were the same age. He rubbed his head, flustered at the thought of marriage. He sat there, rocking in tune with the flowing grass and the dancing flowers in the grassy field that was sprawled before him.

He then mumbled to himself, "Who am I to complain?"

His voice unheard, he nodded slightly and rested his chin on his knees, waiting for his prince in shining armor to come claim his hand in marriage.

ryu_by_daigeijutsu-d8ewja5.jpg
@Saphelle
×DeviantArt ×
Lair cleanout!
screenshot_2small_by_daigeijutsu-d9by7em.png
Despite his currently calm appearance, It was hard not to be nervous.

By his clan's standards, he was still a boy. He had no respect, no authority, and despite the fact that he was the prince of his clan, he was nothing more than a child in adult's clothing.

Malcolm had been sent alone. His mother, the queen, had other things to attend to- peasantry in upheaval, murmurs of war and treason on the horizon. He knew that he'd been sent away so that he wouldn't poke his nose into something he wasn't supposed to, but it was still off-putting that he'd been rooted from his bedroom without warning and thrown into a carriage at daybreak. The least they could've done was given him the time to pack his favorite clothes.

Propping up his chin on his hand, the young man looked outwards, gazing through the smooth glass after he pulled aside a dark curtain. His electric blue eyes deepened their hue, reflecting the clear azure of the sky. Today was a beautiful day, a simple blessing from the Lightweaver and Gladekeeper, he supposed, as one of the Stormcatcher's alcolytes made a journey into unfamiliar territory. The blanket of grassy plains rolled with each gentle breeze, and if he listened closely, Malcolm swore he could hear some sort of melody on the wind.

He had high hopes for this marriage proposal despite not having met his future husband. After all, if he didn't face this challenge with a smile, there was no way he'd be able to get through it on his own. They'd be reaching the sight of the castle any moment now- Malcolm could only pray things would be alright.

Despite his currently calm appearance, It was hard not to be nervous.

By his clan's standards, he was still a boy. He had no respect, no authority, and despite the fact that he was the prince of his clan, he was nothing more than a child in adult's clothing.

Malcolm had been sent alone. His mother, the queen, had other things to attend to- peasantry in upheaval, murmurs of war and treason on the horizon. He knew that he'd been sent away so that he wouldn't poke his nose into something he wasn't supposed to, but it was still off-putting that he'd been rooted from his bedroom without warning and thrown into a carriage at daybreak. The least they could've done was given him the time to pack his favorite clothes.

Propping up his chin on his hand, the young man looked outwards, gazing through the smooth glass after he pulled aside a dark curtain. His electric blue eyes deepened their hue, reflecting the clear azure of the sky. Today was a beautiful day, a simple blessing from the Lightweaver and Gladekeeper, he supposed, as one of the Stormcatcher's alcolytes made a journey into unfamiliar territory. The blanket of grassy plains rolled with each gentle breeze, and if he listened closely, Malcolm swore he could hear some sort of melody on the wind.

He had high hopes for this marriage proposal despite not having met his future husband. After all, if he didn't face this challenge with a smile, there was no way he'd be able to get through it on his own. They'd be reaching the sight of the castle any moment now- Malcolm could only pray things would be alright.

Ryu heard the carriage wheels rolling, and looking up he saw the carriage. Anxiety filled his chest. There was no way he could go through with this. Ryu paniced slightly in desperation for standing up. After all, no one would appreciate him being on the roof. They never did.

He thought about maybe running away and hiding. But running away from responsibility just didnt seem right to him. He walked uneasily to the nearest window into the castle, opened the window and jumped in. He looked around quickly to make sure no one had saw him before he ran down the stairs to the grounds where Malcolm would be pulling in.

A small crowd of people bustled in the area, a few tipping their heads to the young prince as he waited behind a pillar. He had to see him before he chose to flee his fate.
@Saphelle
Ryu heard the carriage wheels rolling, and looking up he saw the carriage. Anxiety filled his chest. There was no way he could go through with this. Ryu paniced slightly in desperation for standing up. After all, no one would appreciate him being on the roof. They never did.

He thought about maybe running away and hiding. But running away from responsibility just didnt seem right to him. He walked uneasily to the nearest window into the castle, opened the window and jumped in. He looked around quickly to make sure no one had saw him before he ran down the stairs to the grounds where Malcolm would be pulling in.

A small crowd of people bustled in the area, a few tipping their heads to the young prince as he waited behind a pillar. He had to see him before he chose to flee his fate.
@Saphelle
×DeviantArt ×
Lair cleanout!
The closer they got to the castle, the more and more feverishly Malcolm denied reality and substituted his own. He wasn't on the way to meet his eternally betrothed. He wasn't on his way to taking some random man's hand, or having his hand taken by some random man! He was just... on a vacation! Yes, a vacation. A lovely vacation in which he'd be received by a large crowd of people, eager to see one of the princes of the Shifting Expanse.

He was both thrilled and mortified when they entered the castle grounds.

The carriage softly jittered along the cobblestone road, passing under the archways of... whatever family owned this place. Now that he thought about it, Malcolm knew next to nothing about the man or the clan that he was being married into. He frowned at that realization, begrudgingly glancing out the window before noticing the people that had begun to peek out of windows and servant's quarters, eager to see the young master's groom.

Deep breaths. Deep breaths.

With a flourish and the widest smile he could manage, Malcolm Phelle emerged from the black and blue-accented carriage, his grey-silver hair softly reflecting the sunlight as his storm blue cloak gave shape to his slender shoulders. Just by looking around he could tell that none of these people were the prince- their clothes didn't bear the quality of royalty. Nonetheless, he extended a hand to the nearest person, smiling widely as he brought a woman's hand up to his lips, offering a kiss on her knuckles.

"Good day," he spoke, his voice a warm tenor. "Might you direct me to the young master?" Malcolm asked, rising from his slight bow to tip his head.
The closer they got to the castle, the more and more feverishly Malcolm denied reality and substituted his own. He wasn't on the way to meet his eternally betrothed. He wasn't on his way to taking some random man's hand, or having his hand taken by some random man! He was just... on a vacation! Yes, a vacation. A lovely vacation in which he'd be received by a large crowd of people, eager to see one of the princes of the Shifting Expanse.

He was both thrilled and mortified when they entered the castle grounds.

The carriage softly jittered along the cobblestone road, passing under the archways of... whatever family owned this place. Now that he thought about it, Malcolm knew next to nothing about the man or the clan that he was being married into. He frowned at that realization, begrudgingly glancing out the window before noticing the people that had begun to peek out of windows and servant's quarters, eager to see the young master's groom.

Deep breaths. Deep breaths.

With a flourish and the widest smile he could manage, Malcolm Phelle emerged from the black and blue-accented carriage, his grey-silver hair softly reflecting the sunlight as his storm blue cloak gave shape to his slender shoulders. Just by looking around he could tell that none of these people were the prince- their clothes didn't bear the quality of royalty. Nonetheless, he extended a hand to the nearest person, smiling widely as he brought a woman's hand up to his lips, offering a kiss on her knuckles.

"Good day," he spoke, his voice a warm tenor. "Might you direct me to the young master?" Malcolm asked, rising from his slight bow to tip his head.
@Saphelle

Ryu was filled with dread and curiosity as the carriage pulled up. He held his breath, waiting for the prince to walk out, when one last though flashed though his mind. What if I get caught running away? He panicked and jolted slightly, trembling slightly in fear.

He held his breath as he saw the prince stepped out. When Malcolm had stepped out and looked around, he got a good look at him. He sighed deeply and turned over away from him so his back was to the pillar. He tried his best to breath evenly, but couldn't convince himself that he was able to. He was so....hot!

The lady blushed shyly and nodded. "Yes, young prince. Right this way." She curtsied slightly before turning to lead him to a hallway.

Ryu had to think quick. He had to figure out how to get to the other side of the castle without being noticed by the prince. He held his breath and dashed through the shadows and out of view, running to where the young lady would be leading the prince to.

((im going to stop here so its not too lengthy.))
@Saphelle

Ryu was filled with dread and curiosity as the carriage pulled up. He held his breath, waiting for the prince to walk out, when one last though flashed though his mind. What if I get caught running away? He panicked and jolted slightly, trembling slightly in fear.

He held his breath as he saw the prince stepped out. When Malcolm had stepped out and looked around, he got a good look at him. He sighed deeply and turned over away from him so his back was to the pillar. He tried his best to breath evenly, but couldn't convince himself that he was able to. He was so....hot!

The lady blushed shyly and nodded. "Yes, young prince. Right this way." She curtsied slightly before turning to lead him to a hallway.

Ryu had to think quick. He had to figure out how to get to the other side of the castle without being noticed by the prince. He held his breath and dashed through the shadows and out of view, running to where the young lady would be leading the prince to.

((im going to stop here so its not too lengthy.))
×DeviantArt ×
Lair cleanout!
Malcolm followed the woman without much thought, releasing her hand so she might walk freely. He observed the castle in his spare time, the white marble columns and breezy corridors giving one the feeling of open freedom. If he were a bird, this place would be as close to heaven as he could get. The draft was perfect, the air was clean, and the sun warmed his back as he stepped inside. It was certainly a different atmosphere than the one he was used to, where palaces were oppressively tall and dark.

"What is your name?" He decided to ask his guide for pleasantries' sake. Malcolm had no doubt that he'd probably forget it, but for these few minutes he thought it would be nice to do everything he could to be a gracious guest.

Whether it was because he was so focused on the beautiful environment around him or because he was worried about pleasing the person directly in front of him, Malcolm was blissfully unaware of the figure desperately flitting through the shadows. In fact, in a brilliant place like this, the prince was doubtful shadows existed at all.
Malcolm followed the woman without much thought, releasing her hand so she might walk freely. He observed the castle in his spare time, the white marble columns and breezy corridors giving one the feeling of open freedom. If he were a bird, this place would be as close to heaven as he could get. The draft was perfect, the air was clean, and the sun warmed his back as he stepped inside. It was certainly a different atmosphere than the one he was used to, where palaces were oppressively tall and dark.

"What is your name?" He decided to ask his guide for pleasantries' sake. Malcolm had no doubt that he'd probably forget it, but for these few minutes he thought it would be nice to do everything he could to be a gracious guest.

Whether it was because he was so focused on the beautiful environment around him or because he was worried about pleasing the person directly in front of him, Malcolm was blissfully unaware of the figure desperately flitting through the shadows. In fact, in a brilliant place like this, the prince was doubtful shadows existed at all.
She walked along side him, occasionally glancing at him as they walked.

"My name is Lilian." She mentioned. "How about yours young prince?"

She lead him through a small garden area that was surrounded by open hallways. Two quaking aspens were growing in the yard, surrounded by neatly arranged shrubs, bushes, and wildflowers.

After crossing the garden, she lead him to another open hallway that lead to a large room. There was tan tiles that covered the floor of the room, and white bricks that went up about 15 foot, just to meet a open ceiling with wood posts going across the top. Vines with small orange flowers were growing on these posts, and the sun shined through the vines leaves. The room was ornamented with various drapes and tall windows, and on the far end of the room above a large wooden door, was a sizable flag with the wind clan's symbol on it. In the middle of the room, there was a jade colored carpet leading to the door.

As they approached the door, she looked at the prince.

"This is where our ruler is. Our prince is in here waiting for you." She smiled at him. "I wish you two the best of luck." She opened the door and held it for him to walk in.

@Saphelle
((My replies for this are ending up a lot longer than I plan them to o.o let me know if you want me to be less detailed or split it up into more parts))
She walked along side him, occasionally glancing at him as they walked.

"My name is Lilian." She mentioned. "How about yours young prince?"

She lead him through a small garden area that was surrounded by open hallways. Two quaking aspens were growing in the yard, surrounded by neatly arranged shrubs, bushes, and wildflowers.

After crossing the garden, she lead him to another open hallway that lead to a large room. There was tan tiles that covered the floor of the room, and white bricks that went up about 15 foot, just to meet a open ceiling with wood posts going across the top. Vines with small orange flowers were growing on these posts, and the sun shined through the vines leaves. The room was ornamented with various drapes and tall windows, and on the far end of the room above a large wooden door, was a sizable flag with the wind clan's symbol on it. In the middle of the room, there was a jade colored carpet leading to the door.

As they approached the door, she looked at the prince.

"This is where our ruler is. Our prince is in here waiting for you." She smiled at him. "I wish you two the best of luck." She opened the door and held it for him to walk in.

@Saphelle
((My replies for this are ending up a lot longer than I plan them to o.o let me know if you want me to be less detailed or split it up into more parts))
×DeviantArt ×
Lair cleanout!
"Ah, my apologies. I am Prince Malcolm Phelle of the Shifting Expanse. You knew my title, of course- I assumed most knew my name by now." He chuckled in good humor, shaking his head. "Gossip circulates quickly about my palace. I simply thought it would be the same here." He takes a breath as he says that, his piercing blue eyes lifting from the servant's face to the magnificent flora, sighing in awe. "But I was mistaken. It's so, so different..."

His thoughts are pulled away from the budding flowers and draping vines when he realized they had reached a door. Malcolm tipped his head back to see the giant tapestry. He gave a brief moment to revere its quality and impressive size before looking back down at the maidservant, giving her an appreciative nod.

"Thank you for guiding me, Lilian." He said with a slight bow. He tensed nervously, however, when she commented on... that second part. A sort of half-choked laugh came out of the prince's throat in response, and his otherwise pale cheeks colored themselves at her implication. He barely managed another sputtered thanks before he walked through the door, so intent on getting away from that thought that he didn't realize exactly where he was walking.

Namely, straight towards the source of all this anxiety: the prince he was soon to marry.
@Abraliopsis
Not a problem! I don't mind this length. I'll probably get shorter as we go on, though ^^
"Ah, my apologies. I am Prince Malcolm Phelle of the Shifting Expanse. You knew my title, of course- I assumed most knew my name by now." He chuckled in good humor, shaking his head. "Gossip circulates quickly about my palace. I simply thought it would be the same here." He takes a breath as he says that, his piercing blue eyes lifting from the servant's face to the magnificent flora, sighing in awe. "But I was mistaken. It's so, so different..."

His thoughts are pulled away from the budding flowers and draping vines when he realized they had reached a door. Malcolm tipped his head back to see the giant tapestry. He gave a brief moment to revere its quality and impressive size before looking back down at the maidservant, giving her an appreciative nod.

"Thank you for guiding me, Lilian." He said with a slight bow. He tensed nervously, however, when she commented on... that second part. A sort of half-choked laugh came out of the prince's throat in response, and his otherwise pale cheeks colored themselves at her implication. He barely managed another sputtered thanks before he walked through the door, so intent on getting away from that thought that he didn't realize exactly where he was walking.

Namely, straight towards the source of all this anxiety: the prince he was soon to marry.
@Abraliopsis
Not a problem! I don't mind this length. I'll probably get shorter as we go on, though ^^
She giggled slightly. "We don't gossip much around here. It is very lovely to meet you." Lilian curtsied once more before shutting the door behind him and dashing off.

Inside the room Malcolm had walked in was decorated, yet again, even more flowers. In the middle of the room was a round solid wood tan table. At it sat the leader of the clan, a fair lady wore a heavy dark brown cape, and with long dark hair and dark eyes to match. To her right was a middle aged man, her father, who had two ram horns growing out of his head. He also bore a cape, but much lighter. His skin was a dark tan, as if he'd stood in the sun too long, and his hair was white and pulled into a pony tail that was decorated in jade beads. Finally, to the lady's left, stood Ryu.

He looked up at the prince as he walked in. He gripped his hands tightly to try to stop them from trembling, but not a single force in nature could have stopped them.

The leader stood and walked around the table to greet the prince.

"Welcome to our humble castle, Prince Phelle. I am glad that you were able to make it, and accept the hand of our young prince." She tipped her head to him in respect.

@Saphelle

((once I get things flowing more and its just the two of them and maybe one other person, my replies will get shorter too. Details take so much space :U))
She giggled slightly. "We don't gossip much around here. It is very lovely to meet you." Lilian curtsied once more before shutting the door behind him and dashing off.

Inside the room Malcolm had walked in was decorated, yet again, even more flowers. In the middle of the room was a round solid wood tan table. At it sat the leader of the clan, a fair lady wore a heavy dark brown cape, and with long dark hair and dark eyes to match. To her right was a middle aged man, her father, who had two ram horns growing out of his head. He also bore a cape, but much lighter. His skin was a dark tan, as if he'd stood in the sun too long, and his hair was white and pulled into a pony tail that was decorated in jade beads. Finally, to the lady's left, stood Ryu.

He looked up at the prince as he walked in. He gripped his hands tightly to try to stop them from trembling, but not a single force in nature could have stopped them.

The leader stood and walked around the table to greet the prince.

"Welcome to our humble castle, Prince Phelle. I am glad that you were able to make it, and accept the hand of our young prince." She tipped her head to him in respect.

@Saphelle

((once I get things flowing more and its just the two of them and maybe one other person, my replies will get shorter too. Details take so much space :U))
×DeviantArt ×
Lair cleanout!
"The trip was no trouble at all." Malcolm responded immediately, the formalities of royal interaction ingrained into him to the point where he didn't consciously think about his responses. "I am honored to be here." It was generic, but it gave him the time necessary to process this new woman, the man behind her, and the... The... [img]http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2015/022/a/c/malcolm_by_daigeijutsu-d8f0br8.jpg[/img] Oh my. Malcolm blinked, stunned in a silently reverent manner as he laid on his future husband for the first time. His mouth opened to say something; an expression of shock, most likely. It was stopped as soon as he realized he was about to embarrass himself, however, and he swallowed the words in favor of refocusing his eyes on the queen and smiling broadly. "To whom do I owe the pleasure of this visit?" [right][size=2]@Abraliopsis (Haha, yes, they do. Don't worry about it!)[/size]
"The trip was no trouble at all." Malcolm responded immediately, the formalities of royal interaction ingrained into him to the point where he didn't consciously think about his responses. "I am honored to be here." It was generic, but it gave him the time necessary to process this new woman, the man behind her, and the...

The...

malcolm_by_daigeijutsu-d8f0br8.jpg

Oh my.

Malcolm blinked, stunned in a silently reverent manner as he laid on his future husband for the first time. His mouth opened to say something; an expression of shock, most likely. It was stopped as soon as he realized he was about to embarrass himself, however, and he swallowed the words in favor of refocusing his eyes on the queen and smiling broadly.

"To whom do I owe the pleasure of this visit?"
@Abraliopsis
(Haha, yes, they do. Don't worry about it!)
1 2 3 4