Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [ooc] A Human and a Dragon
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 38 39
@anika I have no idea how well it'll go to put a tank in your party. I'd been meaning to experiment with a tank, but never got ahold of a good Tundra or Guardian to do it.

Still need to think of good colors for them. >__>;;

Buuuut since I need to level another 7 dragons to 20 for the achievements, there'll probably be plenty of room to try it out.
@anika I have no idea how well it'll go to put a tank in your party. I'd been meaning to experiment with a tank, but never got ahold of a good Tundra or Guardian to do it.

Still need to think of good colors for them. >__>;;

Buuuut since I need to level another 7 dragons to 20 for the achievements, there'll probably be plenty of room to try it out.
Toon Link lounging in the grass, gazing at the sky.
@lilRinku I knew you'd go after every achievement hahaha XD as for point spending, i don't honestly remember... i sometimes would drop one into defense or agility, but not very often. for Pluvio and Inaya i rely mostly on their high HP to get them through the battles it takes to save up their breath for Eliminate. it usually works out

i dunno about the validity of tanks. there's no battle stone that lets a dragon draw the enemy attention (that i know of) so it seems like a bit of a risk as the enemies may go after your more breakable dragons first

@anika Ezekiel is an awesome name, i will use that =DD and try to keep your pronouns in mind. feel free to swat me if i mess up.
do you have the Rally battle stone on your dragons? that helps a lot with hitting a bit harder, especially after you've gotten an Ambush to give you a turn to use it
@lilRinku I knew you'd go after every achievement hahaha XD as for point spending, i don't honestly remember... i sometimes would drop one into defense or agility, but not very often. for Pluvio and Inaya i rely mostly on their high HP to get them through the battles it takes to save up their breath for Eliminate. it usually works out

i dunno about the validity of tanks. there's no battle stone that lets a dragon draw the enemy attention (that i know of) so it seems like a bit of a risk as the enemies may go after your more breakable dragons first

@anika Ezekiel is an awesome name, i will use that =DD and try to keep your pronouns in mind. feel free to swat me if i mess up.
do you have the Rally battle stone on your dragons? that helps a lot with hitting a bit harder, especially after you've gotten an Ambush to give you a turn to use it
This is not the signature you're looking for. Move Along.
@lilRinku

I have a nest due to hatch tomorrow. One parent's a Guardian and the other a Coatl, so if you want a Guardian kiddo, I can give one to you.

It'll probably be ugly, though. I just threw some RTB dragons together to get exalting fodder.

By the way, how do you two pronounce Coatl? Sometimes it's coat-all to me, and sometimes it's co-attle.
@lilRinku

I have a nest due to hatch tomorrow. One parent's a Guardian and the other a Coatl, so if you want a Guardian kiddo, I can give one to you.

It'll probably be ugly, though. I just threw some RTB dragons together to get exalting fodder.

By the way, how do you two pronounce Coatl? Sometimes it's coat-all to me, and sometimes it's co-attle.
@LoonRider

Danke sehr~

Nope, I don't have rally battle stones. ; v ; I'm doing this whole Coli thing wrong, it seems.

Agh, I'll fix it once I have more money.
@LoonRider

Danke sehr~

Nope, I don't have rally battle stones. ; v ; I'm doing this whole Coli thing wrong, it seems.

Agh, I'll fix it once I have more money.
@anika haha here's a trade secret: just coli like mad in one of the early venues (training fields or woodland path, the highest one you can do a ridiculously long chain in). Ambush, Rally, Eliminate, and Berzerker, the four essential battle stones, are all 'uncommon drops' in most if not all coliseum venues. i have never had to pay for a single one XD
also the Might and Acuity fragments that also drop make some pretty pennies from autoselling, and the Might fragments can help your dragons' strength until their level is high enough for Berzerker
@anika haha here's a trade secret: just coli like mad in one of the early venues (training fields or woodland path, the highest one you can do a ridiculously long chain in). Ambush, Rally, Eliminate, and Berzerker, the four essential battle stones, are all 'uncommon drops' in most if not all coliseum venues. i have never had to pay for a single one XD
also the Might and Acuity fragments that also drop make some pretty pennies from autoselling, and the Might fragments can help your dragons' strength until their level is high enough for Berzerker
@anika Ko-awt-ul, I think. Kinda like koala, but with a tul? They're based on Quetzalcoatls, so.

@loonrider Yeah, for pure grinding they're probably too slow (I saw someone mention healers were too slow for grinding, so), but I wonder if they'd be handy for leveling up. If you can get a Guard out, that reroutes damage to the casting dragon for a few turns.
@anika Ko-awt-ul, I think. Kinda like koala, but with a tul? They're based on Quetzalcoatls, so.

@loonrider Yeah, for pure grinding they're probably too slow (I saw someone mention healers were too slow for grinding, so), but I wonder if they'd be handy for leveling up. If you can get a Guard out, that reroutes damage to the casting dragon for a few turns.
@lilRinku

Hm... well, Coat-all has the best flow for me. It may not be correct, but.

@LoonRider

Really? I could probably do a pretty nice chain in the woody place...
@lilRinku

Hm... well, Coat-all has the best flow for me. It may not be correct, but.

@LoonRider

Really? I could probably do a pretty nice chain in the woody place...
@lilRinku i tend to say it coat-uhl or something... i do know about the Quetzalcoatl pronunciation but when it's shortened i just... can't help it idk

true. i'm presently training up a fire mage, myself. i prioritize quickness and then intelligence, helps her keep up with my bruisers a bit more. she's gonna have aid, concentration, and sear, since sear can cause burn, which raises physical damage. i've never considered using guard or reflect...

@anika should be fine there. i know i've gotten ambush from the training fields so it should be possible to get them in woodland path, just takes a bit longer
@lilRinku i tend to say it coat-uhl or something... i do know about the Quetzalcoatl pronunciation but when it's shortened i just... can't help it idk

true. i'm presently training up a fire mage, myself. i prioritize quickness and then intelligence, helps her keep up with my bruisers a bit more. she's gonna have aid, concentration, and sear, since sear can cause burn, which raises physical damage. i've never considered using guard or reflect...

@anika should be fine there. i know i've gotten ambush from the training fields so it should be possible to get them in woodland path, just takes a bit longer
@loonrider Haha, yes! Squall is my current magic boy at the moment. Nowadays the two Mirrors have been able to hold their own with him only occasional tossing in a Contuse to clean up what scraps had dodged an Eliminate or something, but I put Bolster on him a long time ago, and it was absolutely invaluable when I was fighting Mimic mobs, haha. They literally would not survive against four Mimics at once without it. Not until they were a couple levels ahead.

I haven't poked around in the level 25 arenas yet, so I dunno if it's still useful. I wanted to put a heal on him, but didn't get one until a couple days ago oops.

Honestly, I hadn't bothered putting a Rally on my damage dealers, mostly since I didn't actually get one until recently. But I put Concentration on Squall and it helped a bit.

And yes, literally all my stones were got for free, with a few extra to sell. It can be done!
@loonrider Haha, yes! Squall is my current magic boy at the moment. Nowadays the two Mirrors have been able to hold their own with him only occasional tossing in a Contuse to clean up what scraps had dodged an Eliminate or something, but I put Bolster on him a long time ago, and it was absolutely invaluable when I was fighting Mimic mobs, haha. They literally would not survive against four Mimics at once without it. Not until they were a couple levels ahead.

I haven't poked around in the level 25 arenas yet, so I dunno if it's still useful. I wanted to put a heal on him, but didn't get one until a couple days ago oops.

Honestly, I hadn't bothered putting a Rally on my damage dealers, mostly since I didn't actually get one until recently. But I put Concentration on Squall and it helped a bit.

And yes, literally all my stones were got for free, with a few extra to sell. It can be done!
@lilRinku the Golem Workshop is especially harsh. if you run into a Borer or Delver and don't have the full compliment of battle stones, you are hooped.... hell, even having all of them i've only beaten each enemy type once.

Kelp Beds is a bit more forgiving, since the big enemies there are mages rather than bruisers. Rally is invaluable as you go, in my opinion. using one turn per bruiser to raise their strength that little bit has always helped me whittle down health, and it sometimes makes the difference between Eliminate wiping out an enemy or leaving them with a sliver of health and your dragon 35 breath short

that being said, both Golem Workshop and Kelp Beds can rip you right over by throwing a squad of heavy-hitters (or heaven forbid, a borer or delver) at you right out of the gate. in those cases i'm lucky to get a chain of two ;;
@lilRinku the Golem Workshop is especially harsh. if you run into a Borer or Delver and don't have the full compliment of battle stones, you are hooped.... hell, even having all of them i've only beaten each enemy type once.

Kelp Beds is a bit more forgiving, since the big enemies there are mages rather than bruisers. Rally is invaluable as you go, in my opinion. using one turn per bruiser to raise their strength that little bit has always helped me whittle down health, and it sometimes makes the difference between Eliminate wiping out an enemy or leaving them with a sliver of health and your dragon 35 breath short

that being said, both Golem Workshop and Kelp Beds can rip you right over by throwing a squad of heavy-hitters (or heaven forbid, a borer or delver) at you right out of the gate. in those cases i'm lucky to get a chain of two ;;
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 38 39