Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Rising RP thread
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Zosia

It's not that bad, Zosia wanted to tell Anise as she stood through yet another monologue, but she could guess that the wound was probably deeper than she could ever guess and the longer she stood there and stared the more she was just proving Anise's point. She took a deep breath and submitted to her leader. She was right. Very right. The world faded for a second as if everything was rigged to whatever the Picten wanted and she hugged her shoulder in one hand, the blood seemingly still refusing to clot.

She felt that Anise was jabbing at the fact that a downed bird was a dead bird and resented her for that, but she was clearly right and Zosia, still saying nothing watched her intently. At the true invitation in, she stepped forward and stumbled, almost into Ludovico as the bear of a man extended his suggestion.

"No, I'm fine, as Anise said, I suppose I still need that last shred of dignity" Even so, she placed her bow in his outstretched hand so her left arm could hang completely relaxed at her side. She lurched forward to catch up with Anise as they entered her house. "I am..." She looked around for a word, her pride catching 'sorry' far from coming out. "Um...grateful for your help." she skirted around her original intention for saying the sentence - I am sorry for disappearing.

"Been up to anything fun? Or you know, anything significant happen over on this side of the town since i've been...well...missing?" She slumped her shoulders. Leaving never made her feel good, the one person who she actually felt loyal to and she just left one day. If Anise didn't truly forgive her, she'd get it. She wouldn't forgive herself either.

@Theirin

Findri
@rooibosinblue @jestergurl @xxtatsuxx @ShadowGuardian0

Lying curled at the bottom of the skyscraper, Findri looked up wistfully. He wanted to call out, but that could attract attention. He wanted to climb but he would probably fall. He wanted to help Sariah, but there was no way to. Frustrated, he got up and banged his head against the glass of the nearest window. It shattered on the third impact and sent rivulets of tiny bits of glass raining down on him, just like the weather. He breathed out heavily. Annoyance at his own stupid fears creeping in.

He got up to check the entire building, maybe there was a fire escape? doubtful. All the building around here seemed so sleek, and what were they 50? 60 stories? The thought sent shudders down his back.

He rounded the first corner to see a group of people and promptly jerked his head back before they saw him. Except...were those...could that be...

Black wings? Crow?

If it was, he could help her. Fin poked around the corner again to get a better look. It seemed like Crow, but who were these others? Only one actually looked to be an Aven, and Crow's flock was made of avens, or at least those who could fly. Fin stayed close to the ground as he walked forward. No doubt someone would see him, smell him, hear him or whatever. But if that was Crow... As crow started to walk away, Findri was still a fair bit away, but he finally worked himself up to call out to the Aven. "Crow" he regretted using Crow's name the second he said it. If these others weren't in his flock...what had he done?

((Um, anyone could go, but i guess Felan or Marc to keep your order going.))
Zosia

It's not that bad, Zosia wanted to tell Anise as she stood through yet another monologue, but she could guess that the wound was probably deeper than she could ever guess and the longer she stood there and stared the more she was just proving Anise's point. She took a deep breath and submitted to her leader. She was right. Very right. The world faded for a second as if everything was rigged to whatever the Picten wanted and she hugged her shoulder in one hand, the blood seemingly still refusing to clot.

She felt that Anise was jabbing at the fact that a downed bird was a dead bird and resented her for that, but she was clearly right and Zosia, still saying nothing watched her intently. At the true invitation in, she stepped forward and stumbled, almost into Ludovico as the bear of a man extended his suggestion.

"No, I'm fine, as Anise said, I suppose I still need that last shred of dignity" Even so, she placed her bow in his outstretched hand so her left arm could hang completely relaxed at her side. She lurched forward to catch up with Anise as they entered her house. "I am..." She looked around for a word, her pride catching 'sorry' far from coming out. "Um...grateful for your help." she skirted around her original intention for saying the sentence - I am sorry for disappearing.

"Been up to anything fun? Or you know, anything significant happen over on this side of the town since i've been...well...missing?" She slumped her shoulders. Leaving never made her feel good, the one person who she actually felt loyal to and she just left one day. If Anise didn't truly forgive her, she'd get it. She wouldn't forgive herself either.

@Theirin

Findri
@rooibosinblue @jestergurl @xxtatsuxx @ShadowGuardian0

Lying curled at the bottom of the skyscraper, Findri looked up wistfully. He wanted to call out, but that could attract attention. He wanted to climb but he would probably fall. He wanted to help Sariah, but there was no way to. Frustrated, he got up and banged his head against the glass of the nearest window. It shattered on the third impact and sent rivulets of tiny bits of glass raining down on him, just like the weather. He breathed out heavily. Annoyance at his own stupid fears creeping in.

He got up to check the entire building, maybe there was a fire escape? doubtful. All the building around here seemed so sleek, and what were they 50? 60 stories? The thought sent shudders down his back.

He rounded the first corner to see a group of people and promptly jerked his head back before they saw him. Except...were those...could that be...

Black wings? Crow?

If it was, he could help her. Fin poked around the corner again to get a better look. It seemed like Crow, but who were these others? Only one actually looked to be an Aven, and Crow's flock was made of avens, or at least those who could fly. Fin stayed close to the ground as he walked forward. No doubt someone would see him, smell him, hear him or whatever. But if that was Crow... As crow started to walk away, Findri was still a fair bit away, but he finally worked himself up to call out to the Aven. "Crow" he regretted using Crow's name the second he said it. If these others weren't in his flock...what had he done?

((Um, anyone could go, but i guess Felan or Marc to keep your order going.))
dcw9en6-f07ad240-1627-4c03-8fca-15fd079eb086.jpg
How long had it been since Jaden went out in the sun? She couldn't really remember, but there was a dim memory of her left eye getting very, very irritated. She hadn't gone outside since. Jaden rubbed her left eye, before deciding to get some food from the fridge.

She was running out of food. There was only some hot dogs, some chicken, some other food that she wasn't interested in, and maybe one banana. Her eyes stared at the chicken, standing on the plate. She felt her stomach grumble, and grabbed the chicken before shoving it into her mouth. It tasted amazing, which some part of her wondered why it just now started to taste great, but she was focused on satisfying her hunger first.

After that, she walked over to the sink and turned on the faucet. She managed to wash her hands before turning it off, and took a breath. She did not want to see her reflection. She had felt the changes herself, and only hoped that she didn't look too horrible. Jaden went back to being in the middle of her worn-down house, and focused on her wings.

Wings she couldn't exactly control completely. Sure, Jaden could fold them against her sides, but trying to float herself into the air didn't work. Plus, it gave her arm hairs a funny feeling. Those hairs that were totally not furs and her skin that was totally not scales.

She focused on her back first, trying to focus on the places where her wings were likely connected. She felt something from her back, but not where it was. Jaden just stood there, eyes narrowed, trying to have her brain connect the feelings on her back with wings and move them willingly outwards.

After a few frustrating minutes, she decided to check out her vision once more. Maybe it was just a coincidence? Turning towards the back door, Jaden threw open the door, trying to ignore the light and trying once more to spread her wings.
How long had it been since Jaden went out in the sun? She couldn't really remember, but there was a dim memory of her left eye getting very, very irritated. She hadn't gone outside since. Jaden rubbed her left eye, before deciding to get some food from the fridge.

She was running out of food. There was only some hot dogs, some chicken, some other food that she wasn't interested in, and maybe one banana. Her eyes stared at the chicken, standing on the plate. She felt her stomach grumble, and grabbed the chicken before shoving it into her mouth. It tasted amazing, which some part of her wondered why it just now started to taste great, but she was focused on satisfying her hunger first.

After that, she walked over to the sink and turned on the faucet. She managed to wash her hands before turning it off, and took a breath. She did not want to see her reflection. She had felt the changes herself, and only hoped that she didn't look too horrible. Jaden went back to being in the middle of her worn-down house, and focused on her wings.

Wings she couldn't exactly control completely. Sure, Jaden could fold them against her sides, but trying to float herself into the air didn't work. Plus, it gave her arm hairs a funny feeling. Those hairs that were totally not furs and her skin that was totally not scales.

She focused on her back first, trying to focus on the places where her wings were likely connected. She felt something from her back, but not where it was. Jaden just stood there, eyes narrowed, trying to have her brain connect the feelings on her back with wings and move them willingly outwards.

After a few frustrating minutes, she decided to check out her vision once more. Maybe it was just a coincidence? Turning towards the back door, Jaden threw open the door, trying to ignore the light and trying once more to spread her wings.
tumblr_inline_n6kduuBoHW1qlye38.gif
A dragon is nothing without her drakes.
Currently Shiny Hunting: Piplup in Sinnoh.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9