Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Mystic Valley ((AWH)) ~ OPEN
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21 22
Silverstar turned to survey the cats, when she spotted Tall-leg. "Tall-leg!" She leaped, bounding over to his side. "Where's Ashwing?" She asked. "Tall-leg, stay with me!" She frantically shook him. "Ashwing!" She yowled.

@TeaLeafves
Silverstar turned to survey the cats, when she spotted Tall-leg. "Tall-leg!" She leaped, bounding over to his side. "Where's Ashwing?" She asked. "Tall-leg, stay with me!" She frantically shook him. "Ashwing!" She yowled.

@TeaLeafves
pvrYQJc.png
@feldoras @ariathena @wildheart @tealeafves ((sort of inconsistent post, got ninja'd and managed as best I could. XD))

Hollyeyes reeled at the display of violence, blood splattering his cheek from Onefang's assault on Tall-leg. He immediately began wiping it away, but it got on his paw as well. The sky was still clear- and the medicine cat gave a haggard breath as he stepped back. Cats were fighting, he smelled blood, and he remembered Sunpaw and that wretched house like the day his nameless brother had died in his own filth.

Frozen in shock at the sudden outbreak, Hollyeyes couldn't move for a few moments- this wasn't order, this wasn't what is was supposed to be. It was messy and filthy. Fighting for air, Hollyeyes felt like he was drowning in the chaos- before something slammed on his nature like cold iron.

The white and orange tom bolted within the fray, between Silversnow and Onefang, and immediately whirled on the blasphemous heathen, pinning his gaze into Onefang's and digging his claws into the most painful parts he knew of.

Voice cold, Hollyeyes cocked his head and whispered in Onefang's ear matter-of-factly,

"You think you're going to win this? You are surrounded by cats who all want to hurt you right now. You think being a medicine cat is all about the power of healing? Well... You're wrong. I know exactly what parts of your body will send you screaming in pain, and how to give you an infection so severe, in your fever dreams you'll be begging me to give you death berries. And Ashwing knows those things too. In knowing what causes the most pain in a cat and treating them, we've also learned how to inflict it ourselves. Don't linger, Onefang."

The medicine cat released the warrior and brutally shoved him towards the edge of the clearing, clearly implying that Onefang needed to go. He then turned his attention to Tall-leg, bounding towards him and sniffing the tom. He said in a clinical, detached manner,

"He's dying. If you have any cobwebs, we can try applying it, but at this point I don't think it will matter."
@feldoras @ariathena @wildheart @tealeafves ((sort of inconsistent post, got ninja'd and managed as best I could. XD))

Hollyeyes reeled at the display of violence, blood splattering his cheek from Onefang's assault on Tall-leg. He immediately began wiping it away, but it got on his paw as well. The sky was still clear- and the medicine cat gave a haggard breath as he stepped back. Cats were fighting, he smelled blood, and he remembered Sunpaw and that wretched house like the day his nameless brother had died in his own filth.

Frozen in shock at the sudden outbreak, Hollyeyes couldn't move for a few moments- this wasn't order, this wasn't what is was supposed to be. It was messy and filthy. Fighting for air, Hollyeyes felt like he was drowning in the chaos- before something slammed on his nature like cold iron.

The white and orange tom bolted within the fray, between Silversnow and Onefang, and immediately whirled on the blasphemous heathen, pinning his gaze into Onefang's and digging his claws into the most painful parts he knew of.

Voice cold, Hollyeyes cocked his head and whispered in Onefang's ear matter-of-factly,

"You think you're going to win this? You are surrounded by cats who all want to hurt you right now. You think being a medicine cat is all about the power of healing? Well... You're wrong. I know exactly what parts of your body will send you screaming in pain, and how to give you an infection so severe, in your fever dreams you'll be begging me to give you death berries. And Ashwing knows those things too. In knowing what causes the most pain in a cat and treating them, we've also learned how to inflict it ourselves. Don't linger, Onefang."

The medicine cat released the warrior and brutally shoved him towards the edge of the clearing, clearly implying that Onefang needed to go. He then turned his attention to Tall-leg, bounding towards him and sniffing the tom. He said in a clinical, detached manner,

"He's dying. If you have any cobwebs, we can try applying it, but at this point I don't think it will matter."
xGq4e44.png Click my username for my art shop!
Onefang froze up in pain when Hollyeye's claws sunk into him. He couldn't even speak as the unnatural amber eyes of the Stormclan medicine cat burned into his soul.

It doesn't matter what I do, Ashwing would never kill me

Onefang quietly left, heading back to his mentor- and true family .
@Ariathena
@Burnmoon
Onefang froze up in pain when Hollyeye's claws sunk into him. He couldn't even speak as the unnatural amber eyes of the Stormclan medicine cat burned into his soul.

It doesn't matter what I do, Ashwing would never kill me

Onefang quietly left, heading back to his mentor- and true family .
@Ariathena
@Burnmoon
@Tealeafves @Ariathena @Feldoras @wildheart @Burnmoon

Tall-leg was dying.

Silverstar was full of grief.

Ashwing would be in no emotional position to lead anyone.

Onefang was finally leaving.

Turtleshell assessed the situation, calmly and coldly. There was no way to salvage this gathering-if Onefang kept sticking around, he would just create more drama. And, if her hunch was correct, no amount of herbs would save Tall-leg from his injuries. Onefang had killed someone. Someone he had hunted with, trained with-someone who was once a member of his clan. Tall-leg was dead, because he had jumped in front of the claws meant for her. Crippling anxiety was threatening to come down on her-all she wanted to do was curl up into Ashwing's nest and suffocate on his fur. But she was deputy now. She had a duty.

" Mintpaw, " she said, her voice without emotion. " Keep an eye out for Onefang. If he tries to return, call an alarm. If Ashwing or Hollyeyes need you, please, make yourself available. Thank you, Hollyeyes, for getting rid of my brother. I apologize for his actions. " With her orders issued, and her apologies made-though she wasn't sure if either her brother or the other medicine cat heard her-Turtleshell turned her back on the monster who looked like her brother, and leaped onto the boulder, fixing Maplestar with a cool, emotionless gaze.

" I apologize for the conduct of my clan this evening. We have brought our personal drama into a time meant for peace. If Starclan won't end this gathering, I beg you to. And, you- " Turtleshell continued, suddenly remembering the tom that had leapt to her brothers defense when he jumped on Onefang. " Thank you. You didn't need to jump to my brother's defense, but you did. I will be forever grateful to you. " He protected Pebblepaw, too, when she saw him in Stormclan territory. She wished she could remember his name. She turned back to the Stormclan leader, utterly still. " I am, truly sorry. This should never have happened. We will conduct ourselves better in the next gathering, when we've had enough time to settle ourselves. "
@Tealeafves @Ariathena @Feldoras @wildheart @Burnmoon

Tall-leg was dying.

Silverstar was full of grief.

Ashwing would be in no emotional position to lead anyone.

Onefang was finally leaving.

Turtleshell assessed the situation, calmly and coldly. There was no way to salvage this gathering-if Onefang kept sticking around, he would just create more drama. And, if her hunch was correct, no amount of herbs would save Tall-leg from his injuries. Onefang had killed someone. Someone he had hunted with, trained with-someone who was once a member of his clan. Tall-leg was dead, because he had jumped in front of the claws meant for her. Crippling anxiety was threatening to come down on her-all she wanted to do was curl up into Ashwing's nest and suffocate on his fur. But she was deputy now. She had a duty.

" Mintpaw, " she said, her voice without emotion. " Keep an eye out for Onefang. If he tries to return, call an alarm. If Ashwing or Hollyeyes need you, please, make yourself available. Thank you, Hollyeyes, for getting rid of my brother. I apologize for his actions. " With her orders issued, and her apologies made-though she wasn't sure if either her brother or the other medicine cat heard her-Turtleshell turned her back on the monster who looked like her brother, and leaped onto the boulder, fixing Maplestar with a cool, emotionless gaze.

" I apologize for the conduct of my clan this evening. We have brought our personal drama into a time meant for peace. If Starclan won't end this gathering, I beg you to. And, you- " Turtleshell continued, suddenly remembering the tom that had leapt to her brothers defense when he jumped on Onefang. " Thank you. You didn't need to jump to my brother's defense, but you did. I will be forever grateful to you. " He protected Pebblepaw, too, when she saw him in Stormclan territory. She wished she could remember his name. She turned back to the Stormclan leader, utterly still. " I am, truly sorry. This should never have happened. We will conduct ourselves better in the next gathering, when we've had enough time to settle ourselves. "
Silverstar nodded at Hollyeyes, knowing that he was right. "I'll never forget you," she whispered to Tall-leg.
Memories flashed by in her mind. Tall-leg, stuttering and trying to talk to her. Him and Whitefur on border patrol. Tall-leg gathering herbs. Patching holes in the nursery. Bounding up to her to ask how her day was.
Turtleshell was calmly addressing Maplestar. Silverstar only managed to catch snippets of it. "….apologise….end this Gathering….jump to my brother's defence…thank you…truly sorry…should never have happened…"
Should never have happened. The words rang in Silverstar's mind, and she straightened. She knew what she had to do. "Maplestar, as my deputy said, MarshClan would like to leave now." Silverstar said briskly.
She turned, dragging Tall-leg's body back with her. Onefang will pay.

@Feldoras @kilauea @
Silverstar nodded at Hollyeyes, knowing that he was right. "I'll never forget you," she whispered to Tall-leg.
Memories flashed by in her mind. Tall-leg, stuttering and trying to talk to her. Him and Whitefur on border patrol. Tall-leg gathering herbs. Patching holes in the nursery. Bounding up to her to ask how her day was.
Turtleshell was calmly addressing Maplestar. Silverstar only managed to catch snippets of it. "….apologise….end this Gathering….jump to my brother's defence…thank you…truly sorry…should never have happened…"
Should never have happened. The words rang in Silverstar's mind, and she straightened. She knew what she had to do. "Maplestar, as my deputy said, MarshClan would like to leave now." Silverstar said briskly.
She turned, dragging Tall-leg's body back with her. Onefang will pay.

@Feldoras @kilauea @
pvrYQJc.png
((Wished this would have waited a bit so that Maplestar could get in on the action but oh well)) @Tealeafves @Ariathena @Feldoras @Kilauea @dragonfly @Burnmoon

Maplestar watched in silence as cats both Stormclan and Marshclan alike tried to deal with a lose that should have never happened. Onefang should have never been here and as she watched the fight unfold before her, it was hard to keep herself rooted on he spot. When Tall-leg had been injured she could no longer contain herself and had jumped down from her post.

The fight had only lasted for seconds and by the time she had trotted over to it, it was too late. The fighting cats had disbanded and only growls and far away hisses could be heard. The she-cat didn't know what to think but in the back of her mind this fight only gave more proof to her theory that not all of Marshclan was evil. It was salvageable, it just needed protection. It needed help more than she would have ever guessed. Brightleap had been right.

The she-cat watched quietly out of respect as Tall-leg passed away before both clans. Though she did not know the tom sorrow still filled her heart for him and Marshclan as a whole. Slowly backing away from the scene Maplestar jumped gracefully back up onto the boulder and looked down on both the clans. She turned and fixed Turtleshell with a stiff gaze, one that was full of sadness. Though Maplestar made it a point to never show another cat emotion, she couldn't help but fix the new deputy with a look now.

Nodding her head, Maplestar cleared her throat and addressed both clans, "My friends. A tragic lose has occurred in Marshclan. One that should never have happened here on this night of peace. Stormclan and myself send prayers with Tall-leg as he joins our ancestors in Starclan." She looked down at all of the frightened faces that looked up at her lone figure on the boulder and tried to stay strong. For all of them. "Though the sky remains clear and the stars remain silent I know in my heart Starclan did not wish for this to happen." Turning her face Maplestar looked straight at Silverstar's distressed form. "Due to Marshclan going through a difficult time, I want you to know Stormclan is here if you need our help. Come to me specifically if you need us, we are only a visit away. This gathering is over."

Maplestar knew Marshclan was too proud to truly ask for help until they desperately needed it, but she made the offer just the same. Giving all of the cats standing below her a final look she nodded her head as closer and jumped down from her throne. Maplestar quickly pushed through the cats of both clans until she found the frail frame of Silversnow. "Silversnow, you must go to Moonfall as soon as possible to receive your lives and your name. If Foxstar is to return, you must have Starclan on your side." Maplestar's voice was not commanding but it was not a friendly suggestion either. If both clans had to prepare for war, they both needed to have a leader to lead them.
((Wished this would have waited a bit so that Maplestar could get in on the action but oh well)) @Tealeafves @Ariathena @Feldoras @Kilauea @dragonfly @Burnmoon

Maplestar watched in silence as cats both Stormclan and Marshclan alike tried to deal with a lose that should have never happened. Onefang should have never been here and as she watched the fight unfold before her, it was hard to keep herself rooted on he spot. When Tall-leg had been injured she could no longer contain herself and had jumped down from her post.

The fight had only lasted for seconds and by the time she had trotted over to it, it was too late. The fighting cats had disbanded and only growls and far away hisses could be heard. The she-cat didn't know what to think but in the back of her mind this fight only gave more proof to her theory that not all of Marshclan was evil. It was salvageable, it just needed protection. It needed help more than she would have ever guessed. Brightleap had been right.

The she-cat watched quietly out of respect as Tall-leg passed away before both clans. Though she did not know the tom sorrow still filled her heart for him and Marshclan as a whole. Slowly backing away from the scene Maplestar jumped gracefully back up onto the boulder and looked down on both the clans. She turned and fixed Turtleshell with a stiff gaze, one that was full of sadness. Though Maplestar made it a point to never show another cat emotion, she couldn't help but fix the new deputy with a look now.

Nodding her head, Maplestar cleared her throat and addressed both clans, "My friends. A tragic lose has occurred in Marshclan. One that should never have happened here on this night of peace. Stormclan and myself send prayers with Tall-leg as he joins our ancestors in Starclan." She looked down at all of the frightened faces that looked up at her lone figure on the boulder and tried to stay strong. For all of them. "Though the sky remains clear and the stars remain silent I know in my heart Starclan did not wish for this to happen." Turning her face Maplestar looked straight at Silverstar's distressed form. "Due to Marshclan going through a difficult time, I want you to know Stormclan is here if you need our help. Come to me specifically if you need us, we are only a visit away. This gathering is over."

Maplestar knew Marshclan was too proud to truly ask for help until they desperately needed it, but she made the offer just the same. Giving all of the cats standing below her a final look she nodded her head as closer and jumped down from her throne. Maplestar quickly pushed through the cats of both clans until she found the frail frame of Silversnow. "Silversnow, you must go to Moonfall as soon as possible to receive your lives and your name. If Foxstar is to return, you must have Starclan on your side." Maplestar's voice was not commanding but it was not a friendly suggestion either. If both clans had to prepare for war, they both needed to have a leader to lead them.
Lichtdrache.gif
4skHeap.png
@Burnmoon @Kilauea @wildheart @Ariathena

Ashwing visibly sagged, defeated. Hollyeyes was right - Tall-leg had lost too much blood, and the wounds were too deep. No matter how much he tried, the tom would fall from his grasp.

A failure, the tiny voice returned, and Ashwing fought it away. The steadiness the StormClan medicine cat emitted, he had to stop letting his emotions get to him.

(But it was hard, the pain was too much - where was his composure now, that he had so smugly carried before?)

The tom got up, dipping his head to both Hollyeyes and Tall-leg, "Thank you, Hollyeyes. I'm so sorry, Tall-leg, Silverstar," he rasped, eyes tight. Turtleshell voice did not help any, too deep in his struggle against the abyss he was falling into. However, he did catch the mention his sister thanking someone - a StormClan warrior, no doubt, considering the absence of a name.

Ashwing lifted his head, quickly managing to pick out the black pelt he had caught in the middle of the skirmish. Dull grey met striking yellow, and he blinked his thanks.

Twice in a row we've had to hold vigil for a fallen Clanmate, comes the bitter thought, as he bends to help carry Tall-leg, And the stars did nothing to stop this one.

He was a medicine cat - strong in faith and deeply connected to their ancestors - but what was the point when the other end just did not care?

----

Wildfire watched in solemn silence as the events finally died down, heart clenching at the desperate cry one of the toms he had helped save.

But if I had been faster, the other one would still be living.

The she-cat from earlier suddenly spoke, and he looked up just in time to hear her mention him. He dipped his head in return - more of an apology for his incompetence.

As MarshClan began to depart, Wildfire felt as if he should help with their fallen Clanmate. It was, perhaps, the least he could do. Glancing at Maplestar, he trotted to where Silverstar and Ashwing were struggling.

"I could help, if you wouldn't mind," he murmured, taking a cautious step forward
@Burnmoon @Kilauea @wildheart @Ariathena

Ashwing visibly sagged, defeated. Hollyeyes was right - Tall-leg had lost too much blood, and the wounds were too deep. No matter how much he tried, the tom would fall from his grasp.

A failure, the tiny voice returned, and Ashwing fought it away. The steadiness the StormClan medicine cat emitted, he had to stop letting his emotions get to him.

(But it was hard, the pain was too much - where was his composure now, that he had so smugly carried before?)

The tom got up, dipping his head to both Hollyeyes and Tall-leg, "Thank you, Hollyeyes. I'm so sorry, Tall-leg, Silverstar," he rasped, eyes tight. Turtleshell voice did not help any, too deep in his struggle against the abyss he was falling into. However, he did catch the mention his sister thanking someone - a StormClan warrior, no doubt, considering the absence of a name.

Ashwing lifted his head, quickly managing to pick out the black pelt he had caught in the middle of the skirmish. Dull grey met striking yellow, and he blinked his thanks.

Twice in a row we've had to hold vigil for a fallen Clanmate, comes the bitter thought, as he bends to help carry Tall-leg, And the stars did nothing to stop this one.

He was a medicine cat - strong in faith and deeply connected to their ancestors - but what was the point when the other end just did not care?

----

Wildfire watched in solemn silence as the events finally died down, heart clenching at the desperate cry one of the toms he had helped save.

But if I had been faster, the other one would still be living.

The she-cat from earlier suddenly spoke, and he looked up just in time to hear her mention him. He dipped his head in return - more of an apology for his incompetence.

As MarshClan began to depart, Wildfire felt as if he should help with their fallen Clanmate. It was, perhaps, the least he could do. Glancing at Maplestar, he trotted to where Silverstar and Ashwing were struggling.

"I could help, if you wouldn't mind," he murmured, taking a cautious step forward
FR +15 || Call me Kit or Tea!
Makibaka // Dare to Fight
@Tealeafves @wildheart @Ariathena

Turtleshell had more respect for Maplestar than ever, in this very moment. She hadn't known the she-cat at all, only really had a conversation with her just yesterday-but she could already tell that she didn't show her emotions lightly. Something we have in common, she thought dimly. Turtleshell turned her back on the other cats as she padded toward her leader and her brother. She passed the tom on her way, and glanced at him, unemotional.

" Thank you, " she said, distantly, not really seeing him. " But you have done more than enough for us. We won't take up any more of your time. Take care of my sister and Pebblepaw, will you? " The last question was tacked on, almost as an after thought-and she didn't wait around for him to give her an answer.

(i'm gonna, continue this post in the marshclan thread)
@Tealeafves @wildheart @Ariathena

Turtleshell had more respect for Maplestar than ever, in this very moment. She hadn't known the she-cat at all, only really had a conversation with her just yesterday-but she could already tell that she didn't show her emotions lightly. Something we have in common, she thought dimly. Turtleshell turned her back on the other cats as she padded toward her leader and her brother. She passed the tom on her way, and glanced at him, unemotional.

" Thank you, " she said, distantly, not really seeing him. " But you have done more than enough for us. We won't take up any more of your time. Take care of my sister and Pebblepaw, will you? " The last question was tacked on, almost as an after thought-and she didn't wait around for him to give her an answer.

(i'm gonna, continue this post in the marshclan thread)
@Kilauea @Ariathena @wildheart

Wildfire blinked at her, nodding, "Alright. Your sister and friend are in good hands." He opened his mouth to stay more, but thought against it, then decided to fix his speech, "They're doing well, as are the kits. I will-- I will make sure they know you are...doing well, also."

With a finaly dip of his head, Wildfire turned away and trotted back to his Clanmates. With quick eyes, he checked their states, and felt at ease that they were untouched by the commotion. Satisfied, he headed straight to Maplestar.

"How are you?" The she-cat, as everyone knew, held her emotions carefully, not allowing anything to slip past her thoroughly made mask - which was why he made sure his voice was low and only enough for her to hear - but he did now her frequent 'huntig trips' and solo 'border patrols' were only just so she could emote by herself. Wildfire would have none of that, and he knew Maplestar knew he wouldn't back off until she caved in and blew off some steam.

Ashwing focused on carrying Tall-leg without jostling him too much. The tom was heavy, despite his thin frame, and it wasn't proper to simply drag him back to camp. So when a voice - StormClan, he mustered - came to offer help, he left Turtleshell to deal with it.

With a mouthful of fur, the tom spoke as lcearly as he could, "Would it be alright if we lay him on your back, Turtleshell? The path up the rocks would be much easier if we carried him that way," and it was safer to do so than letting anyone else carry him - his sister was Undefeated Knock-Over Champion for a reason. The memory of it made him happy, if not the least bit.
@Kilauea @Ariathena @wildheart

Wildfire blinked at her, nodding, "Alright. Your sister and friend are in good hands." He opened his mouth to stay more, but thought against it, then decided to fix his speech, "They're doing well, as are the kits. I will-- I will make sure they know you are...doing well, also."

With a finaly dip of his head, Wildfire turned away and trotted back to his Clanmates. With quick eyes, he checked their states, and felt at ease that they were untouched by the commotion. Satisfied, he headed straight to Maplestar.

"How are you?" The she-cat, as everyone knew, held her emotions carefully, not allowing anything to slip past her thoroughly made mask - which was why he made sure his voice was low and only enough for her to hear - but he did now her frequent 'huntig trips' and solo 'border patrols' were only just so she could emote by herself. Wildfire would have none of that, and he knew Maplestar knew he wouldn't back off until she caved in and blew off some steam.

Ashwing focused on carrying Tall-leg without jostling him too much. The tom was heavy, despite his thin frame, and it wasn't proper to simply drag him back to camp. So when a voice - StormClan, he mustered - came to offer help, he left Turtleshell to deal with it.

With a mouthful of fur, the tom spoke as lcearly as he could, "Would it be alright if we lay him on your back, Turtleshell? The path up the rocks would be much easier if we carried him that way," and it was safer to do so than letting anyone else carry him - his sister was Undefeated Knock-Over Champion for a reason. The memory of it made him happy, if not the least bit.
FR +15 || Call me Kit or Tea!
Makibaka // Dare to Fight
@Tealeafves

Turtleshell glanced at her brother, quiet. The marsh was slippery, and it was hard enough for full-grown warriors to pass through-either Silverstar or Ashwing ran the risk of breaking their necks if they tried to carry Tall-leg up themselves. She'd always had an easier time than most, as well-it would be the safest route. Without a second thought, Turtleshell weaved her way beneath Tall-leg's body, before straightening up, supporting him on her back.

He really is heavier than he looks, she thought to herself as she dug her claws into the wet marsh, beginning their slow assent. Maybe I shouldn't have told that tom that we didn't need help... but, we look weak enough already with all this going on. We don't need more pity.

" Longwhisker can't bury them all himself, " she whispered, her voice quiet and respectful. " I'll help with the burial ritual. At least, digging the graves. " She knew it was an elder thing, but with Whitefur too sick to do anything-her father needed the help. He also needs to be told of Onefang... Turtleshell grimaced at the thought. Too much, too quick. When will it ever end?
@Tealeafves

Turtleshell glanced at her brother, quiet. The marsh was slippery, and it was hard enough for full-grown warriors to pass through-either Silverstar or Ashwing ran the risk of breaking their necks if they tried to carry Tall-leg up themselves. She'd always had an easier time than most, as well-it would be the safest route. Without a second thought, Turtleshell weaved her way beneath Tall-leg's body, before straightening up, supporting him on her back.

He really is heavier than he looks, she thought to herself as she dug her claws into the wet marsh, beginning their slow assent. Maybe I shouldn't have told that tom that we didn't need help... but, we look weak enough already with all this going on. We don't need more pity.

" Longwhisker can't bury them all himself, " she whispered, her voice quiet and respectful. " I'll help with the burial ritual. At least, digging the graves. " She knew it was an elder thing, but with Whitefur too sick to do anything-her father needed the help. He also needs to be told of Onefang... Turtleshell grimaced at the thought. Too much, too quick. When will it ever end?
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21 22