Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Meet and Greet RP OPEN(NEWBIES WELCOMED)
1 2 3 4
@Lorde
This seems fun, may i join?
@Lorde
This seems fun, may i join?
adff4349de2de8388b959f3125f732aff46dafa0.gif
@Lipizzara ((Yes, go ahead and jump in!))
@Lipizzara ((Yes, go ahead and jump in!))
+2 hours ahead FR time
xG8RObV.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3614681] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/36147/3614681_350.png[/img] [/url] A white scaled Wildclaw descends on the clearing, wings, which were adorned with all manner of strange arcane symbols, fluttering in an attempt to avoid too ungainly a landing. Really, limbs were unexpectedly difficult, how did anyone manage with them? Upon touching down (with only a little stumbling!), he straightened to survey the clearing. There weren't many dragons here just yet, although there were a few clustered together and deep in conversation. Making a decision, he trotted over to a group with a bright Skydancer and a Pearlcatcher. Tipping his fez, he introduced himself, "Ah, hello! I'm D- ah Theta! Call me Theta. Ambassador to the Wairua Ki Matatoa. And who might you two be?" @Lorde @Xella

3614681_350.png

A white scaled Wildclaw descends on the clearing, wings, which were adorned with all manner of strange arcane symbols, fluttering in an attempt to avoid too ungainly a landing. Really, limbs were unexpectedly difficult, how did anyone manage with them?

Upon touching down (with only a little stumbling!), he straightened to survey the clearing. There weren't many dragons here just yet, although there were a few clustered together and deep in conversation.

Making a decision, he trotted over to a group with a bright Skydancer and a Pearlcatcher. Tipping his fez, he introduced himself, "Ah, hello! I'm D- ah Theta! Call me Theta. Ambassador to the Wairua Ki Matatoa. And who might you two be?"

@Lorde @Xella
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4273487] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/42735/4273487_350.png[/img] [/url] Cyllene wouldn't stop talking about her daughter Caly. Though she'd moved to entirely the opposite side of the Sunbeam Ruins to lead a new clan, she'd kept in contact with family -- a river is, after all, no significant obstacle to a decent flier. Not that Cyllene could be called decent, really. She was a terrible flier with only the most tenuous grasp on the flow of air currents. She jerked, and stumbled in midair, somehow she even tripped once, and although Caly had grown into her own very well, a mother can't help but worry. Okay, that's a lie. Cyllene didn't "worry", so much as genuinely enjoy her Caly's company. If Cyllene were being honest, she'd tell you that she missed her daughter more and more every day. She'd tell you that she mostly just wanted to talk to someone who had a communication style to which she was accustomed, and if she were being especially honest, she'd tell you that secretly, as an overseer and one of the more experienced members of Clan Wimsel, she often found herself soliciting Caly's advice. Cyllene would not be honest with you, though. Cyllene could count on one hand the people with whom she was [b]ever[/b] honest. And she remembered being Caly's age, too. She remembered how she too, once, had wielded control over her social environment as a teenager, and how much trouble that eventually got her in. She'd hoped that Caly wouldn't follow in her footsteps. And she wanted to see to it that, unlike her, Caly would have her mother around. An adult who she could not just have nearby, but look up to, trust, and respect. That way, if her daughter's power came back to bite her as her own had done, she'd at least have her mother. And ensuring this occasionally required that she go the extra mile, even if she spent that mile stumbling and contorting her body in every which way. She smiled to herself, seeing her daughter in a social setting that she herself would find immensely overwhelming.

4273487_350.png

Cyllene wouldn't stop talking about her daughter Caly. Though she'd moved to entirely the opposite side of the Sunbeam Ruins to lead a new clan, she'd kept in contact with family -- a river is, after all, no significant obstacle to a decent flier. Not that Cyllene could be called decent, really. She was a terrible flier with only the most tenuous grasp on the flow of air currents. She jerked, and stumbled in midair, somehow she even tripped once, and although Caly had grown into her own very well, a mother can't help but worry.

Okay, that's a lie. Cyllene didn't "worry", so much as genuinely enjoy her Caly's company. If Cyllene were being honest, she'd tell you that she missed her daughter more and more every day. She'd tell you that she mostly just wanted to talk to someone who had a communication style to which she was accustomed, and if she were being especially honest, she'd tell you that secretly, as an overseer and one of the more experienced members of Clan Wimsel, she often found herself soliciting Caly's advice.

Cyllene would not be honest with you, though. Cyllene could count on one hand the people with whom she was ever honest. And she remembered being Caly's age, too. She remembered how she too, once, had wielded control over her social environment as a teenager, and how much trouble that eventually got her in. She'd hoped that Caly wouldn't follow in her footsteps. And she wanted to see to it that, unlike her, Caly would have her mother around. An adult who she could not just have nearby, but look up to, trust, and respect. That way, if her daughter's power came back to bite her as her own had done, she'd at least have her mother. And ensuring this occasionally required that she go the extra mile, even if she spent that mile stumbling and contorting her body in every which way.

She smiled to herself, seeing her daughter in a social setting that she herself would find immensely overwhelming.
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6920898] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/69209/6920898_350.png[/img] [/url] Two dragons landed near the edge of the clearing, the larger midnight one tripping on his feet. Ucani watched him regain himself with amusement. "Remember," she said quietly," There maybe many different dragons here and we are representing our clan. [i]Don't be embarrassing [/i]."She pulled out a yellow invitation out of her scarf. Aya was the host for the event so she supposed she'd introduce herself. Yet all she knew about them was that they were of the Light Flight. [i]" Well it shouldn't be too hard, [/i] glancing at the two light-eyed Coatl talking in the clearing. "Well go talk to someone, Zoot, they can't bite [i]that hard[/i]", she teased, trotting up to the two Coatl," Pardon me, but do either of you know the Host of this event?" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6840011] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/68401/6840011_350.png[/img] [/url] [indent][/indent]Zoot watched nervously as Ucani went to talk before looking around the clearing. It was his first time meeting adults of other flights. Everyone seemed to already be in conversation so he shuffled over to the seafood and took a few pieces before settling down on the ground and observing everyone. ((This is my first time RPing. Please tell me if I'm doing anything incorrect! ))

6920898_350.png

Two dragons landed near the edge of the clearing, the larger midnight one tripping on his feet. Ucani watched him regain himself with amusement.
"Remember," she said quietly," There maybe many different dragons here and we are representing our clan. Don't be embarrassing ."She pulled out a yellow invitation out of her scarf. Aya was the host for the event so she supposed she'd introduce herself. Yet all she knew about them was that they were of the Light Flight. " Well it shouldn't be too hard,
glancing at the two light-eyed Coatl talking in the clearing.
"Well go talk to someone, Zoot, they can't bite that hard", she teased, trotting up to the two Coatl," Pardon me, but do either of you know the Host of this event?"

6840011_350.png
Zoot watched nervously as Ucani went to talk before looking around the clearing. It was his first time meeting adults of other flights. Everyone seemed to already be in conversation so he shuffled over to the seafood and took a few pieces before settling down on the ground and observing everyone.

((This is my first time RPing. Please tell me if I'm doing anything incorrect! ))
Silence followed the arrival of this particular dragon. Large in stature, but silent in spirit. Clad in the skull of a bird, marked by scars of battles past... Crius, was his name. He was not alone, however. Perched on his shoulder was a much smaller creature, clad in shades of blue. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6494851] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/64949/6494851_350.png[/img] [/url] "Seems we are late to this gathering." The blue-clad fae chortles. There is no response from the much larger dragon, though it is clear he is curious about these gathering dragons... (Hello! Hope you don't mind if I jump in!)
Silence followed the arrival of this particular dragon. Large in stature, but silent in spirit. Clad in the skull of a bird, marked by scars of battles past... Crius, was his name. He was not alone, however. Perched on his shoulder was a much smaller creature, clad in shades of blue.

6494851_350.png

"Seems we are late to this gathering." The blue-clad fae chortles. There is no response from the much larger dragon, though it is clear he is curious about these gathering dragons...

(Hello! Hope you don't mind if I jump in!)
Xx50l.gifXXBeZ.gifNiyzr.gifTtEC1.gif
(Oh man. I go away one night and boom! Roleplay everywhereeee)

"It's a pleasure to meet you as well!" Radiance chirped. "You really made this place look nice, though. I can't even imagine how I'd make something even close to this! The atmosphere, the decorations, everything." She grinned at Aja. "Also, thanks for making this happen! I really do want to meet new dragons." She said a quick goodbye, and decided to start up a conversation with a few other dragons.

"My name is Corridgem, but you can call me Corrid." He had noticed the brief worry that flashed from the Skydancer, and was intrigued. Without looking too shady, his eyes ran down Dusk's body, and stopped at the wings. I know I've seen that pattern before. Sun Seamstress was it? So, that's not her real hide color, I guess. He shook his head, clearing all thoughts away. It didn't matter she was wearing a skin. "I suppose I should go converse with a few more dragons as well." He dipped his head. "Also, if you see a purple spiral hatchling, let me know. I've been trying to find her." He muttered, and walked away.
(Oh man. I go away one night and boom! Roleplay everywhereeee)

"It's a pleasure to meet you as well!" Radiance chirped. "You really made this place look nice, though. I can't even imagine how I'd make something even close to this! The atmosphere, the decorations, everything." She grinned at Aja. "Also, thanks for making this happen! I really do want to meet new dragons." She said a quick goodbye, and decided to start up a conversation with a few other dragons.

"My name is Corridgem, but you can call me Corrid." He had noticed the brief worry that flashed from the Skydancer, and was intrigued. Without looking too shady, his eyes ran down Dusk's body, and stopped at the wings. I know I've seen that pattern before. Sun Seamstress was it? So, that's not her real hide color, I guess. He shook his head, clearing all thoughts away. It didn't matter she was wearing a skin. "I suppose I should go converse with a few more dragons as well." He dipped his head. "Also, if you see a purple spiral hatchling, let me know. I've been trying to find her." He muttered, and walked away.
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6911101] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/69112/6911101_350.png[/img] [/url] Aurien entered the clearing and cast a quick sweeping glance across it's premise. It was a nice location, and a few dragons had already gathered and were conversing together. She felt a nudge at her side and looked down to see her mentor and friend Cobalt urging her on. "Cobalt please, I'm still not sure." She half whined. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6911102] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/69112/6911102_350.png[/img] [/url] "Aurien, this is really important. We've only just begun a clan an we need for forge some connections with others. You need to stop worrying so much. It's a simple matter of diplomacy and the duty of clan leaders." He scolded. "Cobalt..." "You promised me you'd come and try your best if we kept the abandoned hatchling. This is hardly your best effort Aurien." Aurien made a face and then regained her composure. Sighing she turned to the small fae who was hiding between her shoulder blades. "What do you think Talia?" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6842173] [img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=51&wing=51&style=1&gender=1&ages=0&prig=3&secg=5&tert=35&elem=4&tertgene=0&spec=prev.png[/img] [/url] Talia squeaked empathetically, she was overwhelmed by the number of strange dragons already. She climbed a little higher into the region where Aurien's shoulder blades met her neck and looked around before looking back at Aurien. "Aurien, if you promised you should do it." She agreed reluctantly. She curled up on Aurien's warm maize scales and pouted. "I guess it would be a good idea..." Aurien relented. "Perfect. Then we're all in agreement." Cobalt jumped in, "If you need me I'll be scouting around for the hostess, it's proper etiquette to thank them for throwing this event. I'll let you know when I find her!" Cobalt retreated into the distance holding the invitation. He was soon lost to sight amongst the crowd.

6911101_350.png

Aurien entered the clearing and cast a quick sweeping glance across it's premise. It was a nice location, and a few dragons had already gathered and were conversing together. She felt a nudge at her side and looked down to see her mentor and friend Cobalt urging her on. "Cobalt please, I'm still not sure." She half whined.

6911102_350.png

"Aurien, this is really important. We've only just begun a clan an we need for forge some connections with others. You need to stop worrying so much. It's a simple matter of diplomacy and the duty of clan leaders." He scolded.

"Cobalt..."
"You promised me you'd come and try your best if we kept the abandoned hatchling. This is hardly your best effort Aurien."
Aurien made a face and then regained her composure. Sighing she turned to the small fae who was hiding between her shoulder blades.
"What do you think Talia?"

dragonpic2.php?body=51&wing=51&style=1&gender=1&ages=0&prig=3&secg=5&tert=35&elem=4&tertgene=0&spec=prev.png

Talia squeaked empathetically, she was overwhelmed by the number of strange dragons already. She climbed a little higher into the region where Aurien's shoulder blades met her neck and looked around before looking back at Aurien.
"Aurien, if you promised you should do it." She agreed reluctantly. She curled up on Aurien's warm maize scales and pouted.
"I guess it would be a good idea..." Aurien relented.
"Perfect. Then we're all in agreement." Cobalt jumped in, "If you need me I'll be scouting around for the hostess, it's proper etiquette to thank them for throwing this event. I'll let you know when I find her!" Cobalt retreated into the distance holding the invitation. He was soon lost to sight amongst the crowd.
signature_by_cas_a_fras-dawkmko.png
UP
FOR
SALE:
31573410.png?mtime=WNUAZgAASYA.png 31573411.png?mtime=WNUBEgAASeM.png
@Lorde

Celaeno gazed up at the new arrivals who streamed in one right after the other. The blue Imperial gulped, she could already feel her scales slithering at the vast amount of dragons.
"Oh my," she murmured, "this is getting to be, uh, quiet the gathering."
She prayed that not many of them would talk to her. Right now, she was fine with just the company of Calypso. She was unsure of how she would handle a whole group.
"I wish, uhhm, Dicentra and Gironimo, maybe even, uh, Nadeshiko were here . . ."
@Lorde

Celaeno gazed up at the new arrivals who streamed in one right after the other. The blue Imperial gulped, she could already feel her scales slithering at the vast amount of dragons.
"Oh my," she murmured, "this is getting to be, uh, quiet the gathering."
She prayed that not many of them would talk to her. Right now, she was fine with just the company of Calypso. She was unsure of how she would handle a whole group.
"I wish, uhhm, Dicentra and Gironimo, maybe even, uh, Nadeshiko were here . . ."
((oh goodness so many new people have joined looks like ill be making one big RP response MASTER POST when i get home))
((oh goodness so many new people have joined looks like ill be making one big RP response MASTER POST when i get home))
+2 hours ahead FR time
xG8RObV.png
1 2 3 4