Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Ancient Clan RP [Private]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@Lemming @Frostpelt @xxneonblazexx

((Sorry for the wait))

Luffy shouted, "Got it!", his crest raising in excitement, and followed after her, his wings flapping much faster than Aventgarde's own. Plagueland was always interesting to patrol, at least to him.
@Lemming @Frostpelt @xxneonblazexx

((Sorry for the wait))

Luffy shouted, "Got it!", his crest raising in excitement, and followed after her, his wings flapping much faster than Aventgarde's own. Plagueland was always interesting to patrol, at least to him.
The sun warms the soilowHD2Fr.pngon a cool autumn day.
@Serendipital @Lemming @xxneonblazexx((Sorry I haven't responded yet!! I have a class this week that takes up most of my day. I'll respond either later today or tomorrow))
@Serendipital @Lemming @xxneonblazexx((Sorry I haven't responded yet!! I have a class this week that takes up most of my day. I'll respond either later today or tomorrow))
nature_ani.gifkylana_nature_banner1_zps7eac6dcf.png
Sometime later, when the sun had reached its peak in the sky and begun a slow descent, Avantgarde and her patrol touched down along the Plagueland border. The stench of rot an decay wafted up, causing her to snarl in annoyance.

As expected, the plants on Ancientclan's side of the border showed signs of disease. Some were blackened and dry, others showed patches of color and flopped over sadly. She swept her tail over a small area, casting Nature magic to heal the flowers.

"Alright," she announced, turning to face her patrol, "we're going to check the prey in this area to see if the disease has spread to them. Be mindful that plague magic can have...strange effects, and infected prey may behave abnormally." She dipped her head to dismiss them.

@Serendipital @Lemming @xxneonblazexx
Sometime later, when the sun had reached its peak in the sky and begun a slow descent, Avantgarde and her patrol touched down along the Plagueland border. The stench of rot an decay wafted up, causing her to snarl in annoyance.

As expected, the plants on Ancientclan's side of the border showed signs of disease. Some were blackened and dry, others showed patches of color and flopped over sadly. She swept her tail over a small area, casting Nature magic to heal the flowers.

"Alright," she announced, turning to face her patrol, "we're going to check the prey in this area to see if the disease has spread to them. Be mindful that plague magic can have...strange effects, and infected prey may behave abnormally." She dipped her head to dismiss them.

@Serendipital @Lemming @xxneonblazexx
@Lemming @xxneonblazexx @Frostpelt

Luffy wrinkled his nose. He'd somehow forgotten how badly it stank near the border. Resisting the urge to plug his nostrils, he flitted around, high enough not to disturb the prey but low enough to easily spot them.

He approached a patch of newly-restored ferns. Was that a rustle? He dropped to the ground and inched closer, staring intently at one leaf in particular. That wasn't the wind. He nearly pounced on it before remembering that he was there to observe only.

With a huff, he sat on his haunches, eyes still locked on the clump of ferns. He didn't want to get too close if it was infected by plague magic, but if it was normal he could probably eat it.

The rustling continued. Had it been hours? Probably not. In fact, it'd probably just been a couple seconds. Regardless, Luffy couldn't stand the wait any longer and brought his muzzle to the tip of the ferns, peering down between their leaves. A mouse was wriggling back and forth in them, seemingly unaware of the dragon watching it. The creature looked like it was in pain, but it didn't smell very old, and there wasn't a scratch on its body.

"...Aventgarde?" Luffy called. It may not be plague magic, but it wouldn't hurt to check.

((That was a lot for such a tiny thing. Whoops.))
@Lemming @xxneonblazexx @Frostpelt

Luffy wrinkled his nose. He'd somehow forgotten how badly it stank near the border. Resisting the urge to plug his nostrils, he flitted around, high enough not to disturb the prey but low enough to easily spot them.

He approached a patch of newly-restored ferns. Was that a rustle? He dropped to the ground and inched closer, staring intently at one leaf in particular. That wasn't the wind. He nearly pounced on it before remembering that he was there to observe only.

With a huff, he sat on his haunches, eyes still locked on the clump of ferns. He didn't want to get too close if it was infected by plague magic, but if it was normal he could probably eat it.

The rustling continued. Had it been hours? Probably not. In fact, it'd probably just been a couple seconds. Regardless, Luffy couldn't stand the wait any longer and brought his muzzle to the tip of the ferns, peering down between their leaves. A mouse was wriggling back and forth in them, seemingly unaware of the dragon watching it. The creature looked like it was in pain, but it didn't smell very old, and there wasn't a scratch on its body.

"...Aventgarde?" Luffy called. It may not be plague magic, but it wouldn't hurt to check.

((That was a lot for such a tiny thing. Whoops.))
Avantgarde turned away from the area she was examining. Luffy sounded like he was off in the ferns...but he was too small for Avantgarde to see.Wouldn't it be my luck to step on him.

She trotted over, carefully, to where Luffy crouched. A mouse was spasming in front of him, although it seemed to be unharmed. Taking a closer look, she saw that it was missing patched of fur, and the skin beneath was discolored, like a bruise.

"Oh, dear... It certainly has gotten sick. I guess that confirms my suspicions, what I worry about now is that it's spread to the larger, meat-eating inhabitants." She shook her head. "Now how are we going to fix this..."

A low growl resonated in the brush to her right. She could just see the glinting eyes of something staring at the two of them. Avantgarde flared her fins and released a combination of a hiss and growl unique to Guardians.
@Lemming @xxneonblazexx @Serendipital
Avantgarde turned away from the area she was examining. Luffy sounded like he was off in the ferns...but he was too small for Avantgarde to see.Wouldn't it be my luck to step on him.

She trotted over, carefully, to where Luffy crouched. A mouse was spasming in front of him, although it seemed to be unharmed. Taking a closer look, she saw that it was missing patched of fur, and the skin beneath was discolored, like a bruise.

"Oh, dear... It certainly has gotten sick. I guess that confirms my suspicions, what I worry about now is that it's spread to the larger, meat-eating inhabitants." She shook her head. "Now how are we going to fix this..."

A low growl resonated in the brush to her right. She could just see the glinting eyes of something staring at the two of them. Avantgarde flared her fins and released a combination of a hiss and growl unique to Guardians.
@Lemming @xxneonblazexx @Serendipital
@Frostpelt @Lemming @xxneonblazexx

Luffy squeaked in surprise at the loud growl, leaping into the air. He glanced back at the mouse - poor thing - and flew over to Avantgarde. As backup, he supposed, though he was best at distractions and lots of small wounds - contrary to his heritage, he was absolute rubbish at magic. The most he could do was a simple gust of wind - strong for smaller prey, but certainly not for anything larger.

Nonetheless, Luffy stood (hovered) his ground, staring intently at the brush as he waited for the creature to make the first move. He didn't really feel up to it, at the moment - who knew what the growl came from?

((Are we doing magic? That's pretty much the only way faes fight, according to the encyclopedia.))
@Frostpelt @Lemming @xxneonblazexx

Luffy squeaked in surprise at the loud growl, leaping into the air. He glanced back at the mouse - poor thing - and flew over to Avantgarde. As backup, he supposed, though he was best at distractions and lots of small wounds - contrary to his heritage, he was absolute rubbish at magic. The most he could do was a simple gust of wind - strong for smaller prey, but certainly not for anything larger.

Nonetheless, Luffy stood (hovered) his ground, staring intently at the brush as he waited for the creature to make the first move. He didn't really feel up to it, at the moment - who knew what the growl came from?

((Are we doing magic? That's pretty much the only way faes fight, according to the encyclopedia.))
@Frostpelt @Lemming @serendipital
( i think so)
@Frostpelt @Lemming @serendipital
( i think so)
qvTNuJR.pngny1CRK5.png
@Xxneonblazexx @Lemming @serendipital
((Magic is totally fine by me!))

A bamboo phytocat leapt out of the brush, snarling and baring its claws. The bamboo shoots growing from its rear looked diseased, and it's eyes looked wild an feverish.
So it has infected the wildlife. That's gonna be a problem...
Avantgarde lept forward, scratching the beast. She didn't want to bite it, for fear of catching illness.
@Xxneonblazexx @Lemming @serendipital
((Magic is totally fine by me!))

A bamboo phytocat leapt out of the brush, snarling and baring its claws. The bamboo shoots growing from its rear looked diseased, and it's eyes looked wild an feverish.
So it has infected the wildlife. That's gonna be a problem...
Avantgarde lept forward, scratching the beast. She didn't want to bite it, for fear of catching illness.
@xxneonblazexx @Lemming @Frostpelt

Luffy flew back as the bamboo phytocat showed itself, waiting until Avantgarde was safely out of the way to blow a concussive blast of air at the beast. The frills on his head stood high, quivering from the toll of the attack. He couldn't handle too many of them before he had to 'recharge', so to speak, by eating food. Luckily, he had Avantgarde with him - the bamboo phytocat shouldn't be too much to handle.

((Hope I'm successful in portraying the magic in an RP setting ^^))
@xxneonblazexx @Lemming @Frostpelt

Luffy flew back as the bamboo phytocat showed itself, waiting until Avantgarde was safely out of the way to blow a concussive blast of air at the beast. The frills on his head stood high, quivering from the toll of the attack. He couldn't handle too many of them before he had to 'recharge', so to speak, by eating food. Luckily, he had Avantgarde with him - the bamboo phytocat shouldn't be too much to handle.

((Hope I'm successful in portraying the magic in an RP setting ^^))
@xxneonblazexx @lemming @serendipital
((Sorry for the wait! Been wrapping up some summer work. Also, nice Howl in your signature Serendipital))

Avantgarde lunged immediately after Luffy's attack, just before the Phytocat could stagger back to its feet. One swift scratch, and it was done for.

Avantgarde sat down, curling her tail around her feet. "Nice job, Luffy. Now, I think we should take this back to camp for Fortunea to look at. Maybe she can do something to the infection with her medicine. At the very least, we could figure out some sort of information."

She nudged the phytocat onto her back, pushing it with her snout into the space between her wings. "Should we go now, or is there anything else you think we might need to do?" She asked Luffy, giving him a chance to voice his opinion.
@xxneonblazexx @lemming @serendipital
((Sorry for the wait! Been wrapping up some summer work. Also, nice Howl in your signature Serendipital))

Avantgarde lunged immediately after Luffy's attack, just before the Phytocat could stagger back to its feet. One swift scratch, and it was done for.

Avantgarde sat down, curling her tail around her feet. "Nice job, Luffy. Now, I think we should take this back to camp for Fortunea to look at. Maybe she can do something to the infection with her medicine. At the very least, we could figure out some sort of information."

She nudged the phytocat onto her back, pushing it with her snout into the space between her wings. "Should we go now, or is there anything else you think we might need to do?" She asked Luffy, giving him a chance to voice his opinion.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10