Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | [NatDom] C.O.L.O.R.S. (FINISHED)
Q.O.T.D. - Insects are a phobia for many, but perhaps this pair is cute enough to be an exception. In their honor, what's something in FR or in life that you disliked at first but eventually liked?

coli, i really hated the idea of grinding and leveling at the time but now i train fodder so im mostly over it(grinding to 25 is still really annoying tho lol)
Q.O.T.D. - Insects are a phobia for many, but perhaps this pair is cute enough to be an exception. In their honor, what's something in FR or in life that you disliked at first but eventually liked?

coli, i really hated the idea of grinding and leveling at the time but now i train fodder so im mostly over it(grinding to 25 is still really annoying tho lol)
WCQwBli.png

Spiders. I used to dislike spiders, would kill em if I found em, or would be kinda scared of em. But now? I think they're cute, I would totally hold one just to hold one. Unfortunately. if I did find one on my person without my consent, it may not end well for the lil guy.
Jumping spiders are adorable. Those tiny lil ones with funky colors? I think they're cute.
Big groups of spiders is an absolute no tho.

Spiders. I used to dislike spiders, would kill em if I found em, or would be kinda scared of em. But now? I think they're cute, I would totally hold one just to hold one. Unfortunately. if I did find one on my person without my consent, it may not end well for the lil guy.
Jumping spiders are adorable. Those tiny lil ones with funky colors? I think they're cute.
Big groups of spiders is an absolute no tho.

o2nagQx.png
mlHpBMC.png

FObX7rS.png
EEEEE
Formally DrShadowCipher
- When using for art games please use scries of my dragons!
- Badge Addict
EEEEE T8jnlRr.jpg
@humbledarkmage for sure! So satisfying to cross that finish line though

@DrShadowC welcome back again! Hehe, jumping ones wouldn’t make you flinch? If you say so. :D

In other news, prize for JUST best guess of Lovebugs nest hit 180g / 180k, so that’s also the amount raised for Nature! Whether people want to spread their guesses around or get extras on certain nests, whatever sounds good to you.
@humbledarkmage for sure! So satisfying to cross that finish line though

@DrShadowC welcome back again! Hehe, jumping ones wouldn’t make you flinch? If you say so. :D

In other news, prize for JUST best guess of Lovebugs nest hit 180g / 180k, so that’s also the amount raised for Nature! Whether people want to spread their guesses around or get extras on certain nests, whatever sounds good to you.
3XiDjku.pngxORoftk.png xox1i5n.png

In RL, I had a large dislike of exercise. Not so much the action of doing it, but the after affects of it. Getting sweaty, having to clean the surfaces of the machines, just dealing with crowds and people in general in a gym setting. I'm still working thru it, but I'm much more comfortable with it and often walk when I'm at home.

Entry submitted & payment sent!

In RL, I had a large dislike of exercise. Not so much the action of doing it, but the after affects of it. Getting sweaty, having to clean the surfaces of the machines, just dealing with crowds and people in general in a gym setting. I'm still working thru it, but I'm much more comfortable with it and often walk when I'm at home.

Entry submitted & payment sent!
LEpJMnn.png
TO5f5vS.png
NlmYDAS.png
xIRalON.png
Y5AUp2a.gif lAvpyOQ.png
mlHpBMC.png
oxDm2Un.png
5hF3FGk.png
m2v9X6u.png
Great answer. Someone else had the same thing, but with getting moving. Congrats on getting through it. [color=green]All logged for tickets up to here~ [emoji=nature rune size=1] Goodnight. Will pinglist Monday morning. Now that it’s a workday coming up, may take 9 hours to acknowledge or answer, but queue up.[/color]
Great answer. Someone else had the same thing, but with getting moving. Congrats on getting through it.

All logged for tickets up to here~

Goodnight. Will pinglist Monday morning. Now that it’s a workday coming up, may take 9 hours to acknowledge or answer, but queue up.
3XiDjku.pngxORoftk.png xox1i5n.png
Insects are a phobia for many, but perhaps this pair is cute enough to be an exception. In their honor, what's something in FR or in life that you disliked at first but eventually liked?

Gaolers, haha, and a few other breeds- I didn't like them to start with, then I found one or two I liked, and now I think they're great and I love scrying them!
Insects are a phobia for many, but perhaps this pair is cute enough to be an exception. In their honor, what's something in FR or in life that you disliked at first but eventually liked?

Gaolers, haha, and a few other breeds- I didn't like them to start with, then I found one or two I liked, and now I think they're great and I love scrying them!
FR+3

Breeding projects, surprisingly enough. At first I thought they were a waste of time and money because of how hard it is to get the specific colors/breed/gender being bred for. Then I started getting into fan dragon projects and, well... Now I have multiple successful breeding projects completed and a few more in progress.

Breeding projects, surprisingly enough. At first I thought they were a waste of time and money because of how hard it is to get the specific colors/breed/gender being bred for. Then I started getting into fan dragon projects and, well... Now I have multiple successful breeding projects completed and a few more in progress.

honestly,,, i didnt like gembond at first. after i received the most beautiful lady of all time, it started growing on me! (mind the pun haha)

honestly,,, i didnt like gembond at first. after i received the most beautiful lady of all time, it started growing on me! (mind the pun haha)
61221180_zfJFNtwK5ZCREpT.png
What's something in FR or in life that you disliked at first but eventually liked?

This is SO OBVIOUS, but I'm really pleased about it so I'm going to use this as my answer anyway.

SPIDERS.

I really, really hated spiders. I did eventually stop killing them and started catching and releasing them instead, but that was mostly because I hated the idea of something squishing and dying beneath my shoe. BUT THEN, an orb weaver picked our back window as her new home. One day I walked by the window and FREAKED OUT because WHAT THE HECK THAT IS A MASSIVE SPIDER. I kept the blinds closed for a couple days waiting for my husband to do something about it. But it was a HUGE SPIDER, and he didn't really want to deal with it either.

I told a friend, and she told me some really cool things about orb weavers, and then I started to do my own research. Once I realized that the spider was a female, I could start saying "she" instead of "it," and that helped a lot. And then my husband named her Betsy. And then I started studying her through the window because how often do you get to get that close to something with zero risk? I watched her rebuild her web every night, and it was so intricate and perfect and beautiful. She caught so many bugs, and we have so many mosquitos where I live that I realized she was doing the Lord's work, seriously. One night I even thought I saw a male orb weaver plucking her web and I thought "wow, will we see baby orb weavers?"

We never did see any babies because later that summer a hurricane rolled through town. At some point, Betsy got down out of her web and, I hope, went somewhere safer. I still worry sometimes that a bird or some reptile got her, or that she got blown away and hurt, but our back patio is covered and the window is fairly recessed, so it was probably a good place for her to ride out the wind. But she may not have agreed. Anyway, we left her web up for months because even without her re-spinning it each night (seriously, they gather up all the silk and spin THE ENTIRE THING again every single night), it was still catching bugs. It was STRONG stuff.

We've seen one other orb weaver, but she built her web someplace less accessible, so I never bonded with her like I did with Betsy. Wherever you went Betsy, I hope you had a good life.
What's something in FR or in life that you disliked at first but eventually liked?

This is SO OBVIOUS, but I'm really pleased about it so I'm going to use this as my answer anyway.

SPIDERS.

I really, really hated spiders. I did eventually stop killing them and started catching and releasing them instead, but that was mostly because I hated the idea of something squishing and dying beneath my shoe. BUT THEN, an orb weaver picked our back window as her new home. One day I walked by the window and FREAKED OUT because WHAT THE HECK THAT IS A MASSIVE SPIDER. I kept the blinds closed for a couple days waiting for my husband to do something about it. But it was a HUGE SPIDER, and he didn't really want to deal with it either.

I told a friend, and she told me some really cool things about orb weavers, and then I started to do my own research. Once I realized that the spider was a female, I could start saying "she" instead of "it," and that helped a lot. And then my husband named her Betsy. And then I started studying her through the window because how often do you get to get that close to something with zero risk? I watched her rebuild her web every night, and it was so intricate and perfect and beautiful. She caught so many bugs, and we have so many mosquitos where I live that I realized she was doing the Lord's work, seriously. One night I even thought I saw a male orb weaver plucking her web and I thought "wow, will we see baby orb weavers?"

We never did see any babies because later that summer a hurricane rolled through town. At some point, Betsy got down out of her web and, I hope, went somewhere safer. I still worry sometimes that a bird or some reptile got her, or that she got blown away and hurt, but our back patio is covered and the window is fairly recessed, so it was probably a good place for her to ride out the wind. But she may not have agreed. Anyway, we left her web up for months because even without her re-spinning it each night (seriously, they gather up all the silk and spin THE ENTIRE THING again every single night), it was still catching bugs. It was STRONG stuff.

We've seen one other orb weaver, but she built her web someplace less accessible, so I never bonded with her like I did with Betsy. Wherever you went Betsy, I hope you had a good life.
nPGTVwx.png
QOTD

I wasn't a fan of Seraph when I started, but with the right color combos it can be nice.
QOTD

I wasn't a fan of Seraph when I started, but with the right color combos it can be nice.
w8o0xW1.pngSaronai made so many star badges and you liked them all! Thank you! Please keep them linked to Ylli's collection thread for others to find.WXOu4H0.pngt4yhov0.png1Up793k.pngSaronai's Free Star Lighting Raffle. Over 3kg in prizes. Ends February 1st. Click to learn more!