Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Conflagrant Carnival [RP Event]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22
[b]Day 1[/b] [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/543222/54322114p.png[/img][/center] Sho lumbered about, eyes scanning the multiple stalls with delectable-smelling food. Meat stalls with steaming skewered frogs, bags of jerky, and various fried birds. Plant stalls with packets of freshly roasted nuts, fried mushrooms, and cup of fruit slices. Insect stalls with sachets of salted grubs, millipedes-on-a-stick, and juicy steamed snails. Seafood stalls with fried fish sticks, steamed shrimp, and raw oysters to slurp down. Sho didn't know where to start. [b]He tries to stick to seafood and plants, but once in a while a bug or two slips in.[/b] I mean he can't be expected to clean all the produce he finds right? He makes his way towards an insect stall selling cottoncandy. Just one won't hurt right? [center][item=Infested Cotton Candy][/center] [b]Bonus:[/b] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/h463VJ99/Day-1.png[/img]
Day 1
54322114p.png
Sho lumbered about, eyes scanning the multiple stalls with delectable-smelling food. Meat stalls with steaming skewered frogs, bags of jerky, and various fried birds. Plant stalls with packets of freshly roasted nuts, fried mushrooms, and cup of fruit slices. Insect stalls with sachets of salted grubs, millipedes-on-a-stick, and juicy steamed snails. Seafood stalls with fried fish sticks, steamed shrimp, and raw oysters to slurp down.
Sho didn't know where to start. He tries to stick to seafood and plants, but once in a while a bug or two slips in. I mean he can't be expected to clean all the produce he finds right? He makes his way towards an insect stall selling cottoncandy. Just one won't hurt right?
Infested Cotton Candy

Bonus:
Day-1.png
43249438.png43214888.png
[center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=90078052][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/900781/90078052.png[/img][/url] [b][emoji=comment size=2] [size=4]Relict[/size][/b][br](He/Him) It is not often that the Ashfall Wastes dips just below sweltering, making winter a great time for outsiders to visit. As a result, the annual Conflagrant Carnival is bustling with dragons from all over, with inviting colorful stalls contrasting with the cool metal backdrop of the Cinderslag housing. Many savory scents mingle and float through the air at the market, carried on the ashy breeze. A stately Imperial weaves his way through the crowd, dodging rambunctious hatchlings with jaws full of... is that bacon-wrapped caramel apple?! He blinks and adjusts his glasses. [i]"There's certainly something for everyone here,"[/i] he thinks. Relict had actually spent his childhood in the Emberglow Hearth, and coming back for the Conflagrant Carnival was nostalgic after a long time away. It had been a number of years since his research position on plant communities able to survive the harsh conditions of the Ashfall Waste, and the blustery weather of the Shifting Expanse where he now resided was a huge adjustment. The carnival was a great chance to take a brief, but well needed vacation back to his homeland before his responsibilities during the encroaching Night of the Nocturne. Wanting to bring back some treats for his team back at the Shifting Expanse Institute, he made his way to a colorful stall peddling treats native to the Ashfall Wastes. A Coatl with glittering feathers perked up upon his arrival. "Hi, welcome to Flameforger's Foodstuffs! What can I get for you?" The coatl greeted, gesturing to a table full of colorful wares. "The meats are pretty picked over today, but I might have some Singed Lemming left. A wildclaw just came through and emptied us out," she laughed. "That's okay, [b]I don't prefer meat anyways[/b]," rumbled Relict in amusement. He scanned the stall, thrilled at the nostalgic assortment in front of him. A plump violet fruit soon caught his attention, its interior glowing with a gentle light. "Ah, that's from the end of our Potash Peach harvest!" Said the Coatl, handing the glowing fruit towards him. "They say the ash has had time to accumulate and fertilize the soil, so by the end of the season they're at their sweetest. Interested?" Relict nodded eagerly. [b]Of all the plants he prepared and enjoyed[/b], Potash Peaches were one of his favorite fruits, but hard to come by outside of the Ashfall Wastes where they grow. He hadn't had one in a very long time. He passed the Coatl a hearty bag of treasure and tossed a few coins into the tip jar, and tucked a small bag of peaches into his knapsack. He was excited to share his favorite native delicacy with his Shifting Expanse colleagues... if there were any left after his trip home! [item=Potash Peach] [b][emoji=pursuit size=2] [size=4]Bonus[/size][/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/TaTp9dp.png[/img][/center]
90078052.png
Relict
(He/Him)

It is not often that the Ashfall Wastes dips just below sweltering, making winter a great time for outsiders to visit. As a result, the annual Conflagrant Carnival is bustling with dragons from all over, with inviting colorful stalls contrasting with the cool metal backdrop of the Cinderslag housing. Many savory scents mingle and float through the air at the market, carried on the ashy breeze.

A stately Imperial weaves his way through the crowd, dodging rambunctious hatchlings with jaws full of... is that bacon-wrapped caramel apple?! He blinks and adjusts his glasses. "There's certainly something for everyone here," he thinks.

Relict had actually spent his childhood in the Emberglow Hearth, and coming back for the Conflagrant Carnival was nostalgic after a long time away. It had been a number of years since his research position on plant communities able to survive the harsh conditions of the Ashfall Waste, and the blustery weather of the Shifting Expanse where he now resided was a huge adjustment. The carnival was a great chance to take a brief, but well needed vacation back to his homeland before his responsibilities during the encroaching Night of the Nocturne.

Wanting to bring back some treats for his team back at the Shifting Expanse Institute, he made his way to a colorful stall peddling treats native to the Ashfall Wastes. A Coatl with glittering feathers perked up upon his arrival.

"Hi, welcome to Flameforger's Foodstuffs! What can I get for you?" The coatl greeted, gesturing to a table full of colorful wares. "The meats are pretty picked over today, but I might have some Singed Lemming left. A wildclaw just came through and emptied us out," she laughed.

"That's okay, I don't prefer meat anyways," rumbled Relict in amusement. He scanned the stall, thrilled at the nostalgic assortment in front of him. A plump violet fruit soon caught his attention, its interior glowing with a gentle light.

"Ah, that's from the end of our Potash Peach harvest!" Said the Coatl, handing the glowing fruit towards him. "They say the ash has had time to accumulate and fertilize the soil, so by the end of the season they're at their sweetest. Interested?"

Relict nodded eagerly. Of all the plants he prepared and enjoyed, Potash Peaches were one of his favorite fruits, but hard to come by outside of the Ashfall Wastes where they grow. He hadn't had one in a very long time. He passed the Coatl a hearty bag of treasure and tossed a few coins into the tip jar, and tucked a small bag of peaches into his knapsack. He was excited to share his favorite native delicacy with his Shifting Expanse colleagues... if there were any left after his trip home!

Potash Peach

Bonus
TaTp9dp.png
dxxTHL0.png __ Striation
Any Pronouns
FR+3
The Lightning Farm
Skins and Accents
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/68783294][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/687833/68783294_350.png[/img][/url] Gosh, a lot was happening in the market today!! Normally Matir could weave her way through people without much issue, as spirals had a knack for corkscrewing mid-flight and being unfairly agile, but she was forced on the ground in this thick mob of people. But the excitement, the smells, the joy on everyone's faces - oh, she'd do anything to be here, to be a part of this! Where to even [I]start??[/I] Trying to balance on her hind legs to get a good view left her swaying like a snake, and trying to counterbalance against her bag of coin. She'd found a town in need of some rare herbs, and with her magic she'd been able to grow them a garden patch's worth of it. Despite her insistence, they paid her a fair amount for what she then learned to be a famous and precious seasoning, used heavily in fire flight for the spice and flavor it added to a dish. Surely those little orange flowers couldn't be that expensive, right? With that, an idea struck her. With this many stalls, some of them had to use it! She dropped back down and began moving through the crowd in the wake of a giant imperial, testing each stall by the smell more than the names. Half of them didn't even have names due to the coatls chefs going for "maximum authenticity." [B]She started off safe; while her beliefs would lend well to a vegetarian, she knew that her body would always need protein to get by.[/b] she saw orange powder being dusted over a huge rack of ribs, possibly from a hydra judging by the fact that the bones were sawed off at the ends. This was a fraction of the actual girth of the meat, and it surprised Matir as she got closer and noticed. "I didn't know you could eat Hydra!" "Missy, do you think we'd let that meat go to waste? Now I'll warn you, since you're from out of town, this right here is a delicacy so good you'll never want to go back home. Are you willing to [I]take the risk?"[/I] the shopkeep, a patchy blue and white wildclaw with a brass spatula and leather apron, grinned with crooked teeth as he made the jest. She nodded and pulled out her coin, paying for one of the massive chunks of meat drenched in the orange sauce, and pulled herself up to the counter to try a bite. Oh gods, [I] SPICY![/I] Her tongue simply went numb after the first few seconds of intense flavor, making her mouth feel like cotton as her nostrils flared and her eyes watered. Fire's flavors were just like them, searing hot, and the wildclaw almost looked a bit concerned as she struggled to swallow that which her body could hardly believe was food. The vendor came up to her and tapped the spatula on the counter twice, grabbing her attention. "Now there's the rough part, but you're fine from here on out. That Saffia's gonna take care of you." He chuckled, as she screwed up her face to focus through the burning feeling. [I]Saffia's the flower... But that's what made it so spicy?[/I] She could feel the bite she took warming her from the inside out as it went down her throat, like a hot tea. Her mouth began to tingle and she smacked her lips, trying to feel what was going on, but the feeling passed. She looked back at the ribs with the warmth in her, not needed in this heat but likely appreciated by the fire dragons who called this sunny day a cold winter, and as the wildclaw waved at the meat for her to take another bite she felt like something was... Different. Her taste buds had changed. The food smells wayyyy better than it did before. She took another bite and it was savory, glazed, not at all spicy but spiced now - like it has been cooked in cloves and nutmeg. All tension left as she savored the tender meat, realizing just how much tallow the vendor used to make the glaze as buttery as it was. He smiled as it kicked in. "A word of advice for you, missy. Nobody really likes spicy - they like what spicy tastes like when you can't feel it. Saffia makes it so you don't feel the spice pain. If you ever strike gold, buy a vial and try it on some reaper peppers, they're [I] amazing.[/I]" After that learning experience she heavily tipped the grilling wildclaw and practically kept from booth to booth, trying everything that even remotely looked good. The Saffia would last, so [b] it was time to taste everything- the local fruits grilled and served with drizzled honey, the peppered greens that a whole hoard of tundra were in line for, well-seasoned grub kebabs with squash and boar cubes. She loved it all and the unique flavors they had with the Saffia's influence, but she still could not bring herself to touch the meager collection of seafood. All fish just looked... Slimy to her. She didn't like it.[/b] [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/950643456366235719/1183465598928297984/image0.jpg[/img]
68783294_350.png

Gosh, a lot was happening in the market today!! Normally Matir could weave her way through people without much issue, as spirals had a knack for corkscrewing mid-flight and being unfairly agile, but she was forced on the ground in this thick mob of people. But the excitement, the smells, the joy on everyone's faces - oh, she'd do anything to be here, to be a part of this! Where to even start??

Trying to balance on her hind legs to get a good view left her swaying like a snake, and trying to counterbalance against her bag of coin. She'd found a town in need of some rare herbs, and with her magic she'd been able to grow them a garden patch's worth of it. Despite her insistence, they paid her a fair amount for what she then learned to be a famous and precious seasoning, used heavily in fire flight for the spice and flavor it added to a dish. Surely those little orange flowers couldn't be that expensive, right?

With that, an idea struck her. With this many stalls, some of them had to use it! She dropped back down and began moving through the crowd in the wake of a giant imperial, testing each stall by the smell more than the names. Half of them didn't even have names due to the coatls chefs going for "maximum authenticity." She started off safe; while her beliefs would lend well to a vegetarian, she knew that her body would always need protein to get by. she saw orange powder being dusted over a huge rack of ribs, possibly from a hydra judging by the fact that the bones were sawed off at the ends. This was a fraction of the actual girth of the meat, and it surprised Matir as she got closer and noticed.

"I didn't know you could eat Hydra!"

"Missy, do you think we'd let that meat go to waste? Now I'll warn you, since you're from out of town, this right here is a delicacy so good you'll never want to go back home. Are you willing to take the risk?" the shopkeep, a patchy blue and white wildclaw with a brass spatula and leather apron, grinned with crooked teeth as he made the jest. She nodded and pulled out her coin, paying for one of the massive chunks of meat drenched in the orange sauce, and pulled herself up to the counter to try a bite.

Oh gods, SPICY! Her tongue simply went numb after the first few seconds of intense flavor, making her mouth feel like cotton as her nostrils flared and her eyes watered. Fire's flavors were just like them, searing hot, and the wildclaw almost looked a bit concerned as she struggled to swallow that which her body could hardly believe was food. The vendor came up to her and tapped the spatula on the counter twice, grabbing her attention.

"Now there's the rough part, but you're fine from here on out. That Saffia's gonna take care of you." He chuckled, as she screwed up her face to focus through the burning feeling. Saffia's the flower... But that's what made it so spicy?

She could feel the bite she took warming her from the inside out as it went down her throat, like a hot tea. Her mouth began to tingle and she smacked her lips, trying to feel what was going on, but the feeling passed. She looked back at the ribs with the warmth in her, not needed in this heat but likely appreciated by the fire dragons who called this sunny day a cold winter, and as the wildclaw waved at the meat for her to take another bite she felt like something was... Different. Her taste buds had changed. The food smells wayyyy better than it did before.

She took another bite and it was savory, glazed, not at all spicy but spiced now - like it has been cooked in cloves and nutmeg. All tension left as she savored the tender meat, realizing just how much tallow the vendor used to make the glaze as buttery as it was. He smiled as it kicked in.

"A word of advice for you, missy. Nobody really likes spicy - they like what spicy tastes like when you can't feel it. Saffia makes it so you don't feel the spice pain. If you ever strike gold, buy a vial and try it on some reaper peppers, they're amazing."

After that learning experience she heavily tipped the grilling wildclaw and practically kept from booth to booth, trying everything that even remotely looked good. The Saffia would last, so it was time to taste everything- the local fruits grilled and served with drizzled honey, the peppered greens that a whole hoard of tundra were in line for, well-seasoned grub kebabs with squash and boar cubes. She loved it all and the unique flavors they had with the Saffia's influence, but she still could not bring herself to touch the meager collection of seafood. All fish just looked... Slimy to her. She didn't like it.

image0.jpg
violentvioletsig.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=73038953][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/730390/73038953.png[/img][/url] [b]Dhandir - Day 1[/b] Dhandir stood in the center of a busy walkway, completely oblivious to the traffic jam he was causing as dragons tried to squeeze by him. You could have mistaken him for a statue with an artistic display covered in various tools and gear. They coughed in his smoke and muttered under their breath, but his attention was fixed on the food stall nearby. A wide assortment of fishy treats lay on it, but they weren't like anything he was familiar with. His meals were typically charred to oblivion, making even his most fiery coworkers grimace as he bit into what was essentially charcoal and ash. Occupational habit, he guesses. His coworkers disagree; you would think a Smoke-Curler would know how to properly smoke food. Dhandir doesn't seem to mind at least. Somehow his body can process whatever he's consuming. Compared to his usual meals, these fish look quite...juicy. He isn't opposed to the idea of trying it, though. The vendor meets the eye of the towering ridgeback and pulls out a skewer of seasoned fish and shrimp. Dhandir shrugs and pulls out treasure covered in soot, paying for his new snack. He finds a comfortable spot in a different part of the festival, once again unknowingly blocking any derg from passing by easily. He puffs out a cloud of smoke, lightly covering the food with ash. He then chews slowly, intrigued by the uncommon texture and taste, and observes the rest of the festival-goers as they enjoy their night. Though curling smoke like usual would've been fine too, this work bonding trip could prove interesting as well. [b]Bonus:[/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/umLlNRC.png[/img] [/center]
73038953.png
Dhandir - Day 1

Dhandir stood in the center of a busy walkway, completely oblivious to the traffic jam he was causing as dragons tried to squeeze by him. You could have mistaken him for a statue with an artistic display covered in various tools and gear. They coughed in his smoke and muttered under their breath, but his attention was fixed on the food stall nearby. A wide assortment of fishy treats lay on it, but they weren't like anything he was familiar with. His meals were typically charred to oblivion, making even his most fiery coworkers grimace as he bit into what was essentially charcoal and ash.

Occupational habit, he guesses. His coworkers disagree; you would think a Smoke-Curler would know how to properly smoke food. Dhandir doesn't seem to mind at least. Somehow his body can process whatever he's consuming.

Compared to his usual meals, these fish look quite...juicy. He isn't opposed to the idea of trying it, though. The vendor meets the eye of the towering ridgeback and pulls out a skewer of seasoned fish and shrimp.

Dhandir shrugs and pulls out treasure covered in soot, paying for his new snack. He finds a comfortable spot in a different part of the festival, once again unknowingly blocking any derg from passing by easily. He puffs out a cloud of smoke, lightly covering the food with ash. He then chews slowly, intrigued by the uncommon texture and taste, and observes the rest of the festival-goers as they enjoy their night. Though curling smoke like usual would've been fine too, this work bonding trip could prove interesting as well.

Bonus:
umLlNRC.png
74055311.png gYzuoZS.png
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91100988][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/911010/91100988_350.png[/img][/url] [center][b]Day 1[/b][/center] Sol’e was perched on a tall building,overlooking the area for all the activities and food the festival had to offer.The smells were of every variety,from spice fruit,to fried fish,and everything in between.His tail wagged in anticipation at all the food.[I]Hopefully they have raspberry lemon bars…[/I]Being careful to not get stepped on by many of the larger dragons,he slinked his way through the crowd,his eyes darting from the different stalls,his purse clinking as he went. He finally smelled it,the scent was undeniable to him. He made his way to the stall a friendly Veilspun at the stall,her branches and shimmering hair in stark contrast to her dark body. She greeted him,nodding her head “Hi sweetheart,what can I interest you in today?” He looked around her stall,his mouth drooling in anticipation “Do you have spiced raspberry lemon bars? It’s my favorite!” His eagerness caused her to laugh “I sure do sweetheart! I also have it honey crusted as well” His eyes widened at this “H-honey crusted as well!?I would like three of the honey crusted bars please!” She giggled at his enthusiasm,cutting three large bars from a giant slab and wrapping it in paper for him.He gave her the coin she asked for and eagerly took the bars,happy as can be.The veilspun,Sol as he realized she was called smiled at him and told him to be careful and take care.He grinned at her and slithered off to continue exploring,hoping his caretaker hadn’t noticed yet.
91100988_350.png
Day 1
Sol’e was perched on a tall building,overlooking the area for all the activities and food the festival had to offer.The smells were of every variety,from spice fruit,to fried fish,and everything in between.His tail wagged in anticipation at all the food.Hopefully they have raspberry lemon bars…Being careful to not get stepped on by many of the larger dragons,he slinked his way through the crowd,his eyes darting from the different stalls,his purse clinking as he went.

He finally smelled it,the scent was undeniable to him. He made his way to the stall a friendly Veilspun at the stall,her branches and shimmering hair in stark contrast to her dark body. She greeted him,nodding her head “Hi sweetheart,what can I interest you in today?” He looked around her stall,his mouth drooling in anticipation “Do you have spiced raspberry lemon bars? It’s my favorite!” His eagerness caused her to laugh “I sure do sweetheart! I also have it honey crusted as well” His eyes widened at this “H-honey crusted as well!?I would like three of the honey crusted bars please!”

She giggled at his enthusiasm,cutting three large bars from a giant slab and wrapping it in paper for him.He gave her the coin she asked for and eagerly took the bars,happy as can be.The veilspun,Sol as he realized she was called smiled at him and told him to be careful and take care.He grinned at her and slithered off to continue exploring,hoping his caretaker hadn’t noticed yet.
0304941-D-23-B9-407-C-925-C-1-A4-DDF7-D58-B6.gif[url= 7EiI5KP.jpeg FcasiGk.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/88740412][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/887405/88740412_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][b]Gardorhia - Day 1[/b][/center] The King of his clan was walking slowly through the street, turning his head with slow movements. He wanted to look at all the food stalls and pinpoint the source of all the smells that filled his nostrils. He also had to look down a lot, as a peacemaker he always avoided giving harm. Despite his attempts and efforts, he had to apologize a few times for the tails and paws he stepped on. After walking for a while, a certain smell caught his attention. Meat, [gamedb item=13407] to be exact, he managed to identify. He had the delight of tasting it before, but what was surprising was the smell it was accompanied by. It was some sort of seafood but he didn't know exactly which. He decided to approach the stall to satisfy his curiosity and empty belly. "Welcome to the Crystal Wok! Here we cook meals with only materials originating from the [gamedb stage=16]!" The vendor with feathers on the head and wings examined the Guardian. "Ah, we have food of every kind for you, sir! Anything that catches your attention?" "Would you please show me the seafood you have? One of them smells quite interesting and I'd like to try." "Of course!" The Skydancer moved to the right side of his stall. "Here we have some steamed [gamedb item=13389], and next to it steamed [gamedb item=13391], both very flavorful fish." Gardorhia examined and smelled all of the food one by one as the vendor explained them. "The [gamedb item=13411] has rather a crunchy texture-" "And what's this?" He pointed at a shellfish with vibrant colors, almost too vibrant to be natural. "Oh, that's the [gamedb item=13400]! Their exoskeleton attracts a lot of people, as it retains its colors for a long time after its dead. Very similar to the [gamedb item=13411] but I'd say the flavor is more intense. Would you like to give it a try?" "Yes, please." He pulled put a few coins from his pouch, hidden under his cloak. The vendor took the tiny pieces of metal from his hand and then took one of the craylets from the plate. The Skydancer put it in a box, sprinkled some spices on it and then presented it to the customer. "Here you go, sir!" Gardorhia took the box and poked the fish, the exoskeleton was hard but not too hard for his sharp teeth. He picked it up with his claws and ate it in one bite. He let the seafood wander around in his mouth, taking in the flavor and processing it. The crunchy texture on the outside contrasted well with the soft meat of the craylet. "Normally [b]I really love meat, it's my favorite type of food[/b]; and [b]dislike seafood the most[/b] because of the smell. But I must say, this has become my new favorite food. Thank you for the experience." He took out another coin from his pouch and gave it to the vendor before leaving the stall and going on his way. [b]Bonus:[/b] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/781417235058524160/1183504210969514094/Screenshot_2023-12-10_224325.png[/img]
88740412_350.png
Gardorhia - Day 1

The King of his clan was walking slowly through the street, turning his head with slow movements. He wanted to look at all the food stalls and pinpoint the source of all the smells that filled his nostrils. He also had to look down a lot, as a peacemaker he always avoided giving harm. Despite his attempts and efforts, he had to apologize a few times for the tails and paws he stepped on. After walking for a while, a certain smell caught his attention. Meat, Leatherback Sea Turtle to be exact, he managed to identify. He had the delight of tasting it before, but what was surprising was the smell it was accompanied by. It was some sort of seafood but he didn't know exactly which. He decided to approach the stall to satisfy his curiosity and empty belly.
"Welcome to the Crystal Wok! Here we cook meals with only materials originating from the Crystal Pools!" The vendor with feathers on the head and wings examined the Guardian. "Ah, we have food of every kind for you, sir! Anything that catches your attention?"
"Would you please show me the seafood you have? One of them smells quite interesting and I'd like to try."
"Of course!" The Skydancer moved to the right side of his stall. "Here we have some steamed Almandine Goby, and next to it steamed Amber Goby, both very flavorful fish." Gardorhia examined and smelled all of the food one by one as the vendor explained them. "The Onyx Craylet has rather a crunchy texture-"
"And what's this?" He pointed at a shellfish with vibrant colors, almost too vibrant to be natural.
"Oh, that's the Chalcedony Craylet! Their exoskeleton attracts a lot of people, as it retains its colors for a long time after its dead. Very similar to the Onyx Craylet but I'd say the flavor is more intense. Would you like to give it a try?"
"Yes, please." He pulled put a few coins from his pouch, hidden under his cloak. The vendor took the tiny pieces of metal from his hand and then took one of the craylets from the plate. The Skydancer put it in a box, sprinkled some spices on it and then presented it to the customer. "Here you go, sir!"
Gardorhia took the box and poked the fish, the exoskeleton was hard but not too hard for his sharp teeth. He picked it up with his claws and ate it in one bite. He let the seafood wander around in his mouth, taking in the flavor and processing it. The crunchy texture on the outside contrasted well with the soft meat of the craylet.
"Normally I really love meat, it's my favorite type of food; and dislike seafood the most because of the smell. But I must say, this has become my new favorite food. Thank you for the experience." He took out another coin from his pouch and gave it to the vendor before leaving the stall and going on his way.

Bonus:
Screenshot_2023-12-10_224325.png
82bd84e72a1ff5ac20f689a3324ea18fbc08f84c.gifezgif-com-resize.gif
@Skylarki

The ridgeback almost couldn't believe his ears. An imperial, disliking the best food around? And choosing plants instead? Oh well, sometimes dragons just can't see how great seafood is! At least she seemed quite pleased with his speciality strawberries! While not his specialty, he did have to admit they were quite the nice treat.

(Your points have been recorded!)

@abzoro

A skydancer and fae looked to be tag-teaming the stall Sho walked up to, where the skydancer would handle the sales while the fae would make sure plenty of insect cotton candy was on display. "Feeling adventurous today, are we?" says the skydancer teasingly. "Our cotton candy uses the finest sugar and insects around, so those with more adventurous palates are still satisfied! Enjoy!"

@Striation

"Thanks for the tip!" the coatl says while Relict packs up the peaches. "While they're fantastic by themselves, I recommend using them as a glaze or a marinade for seafood, especially salmon. That is, if you can resist eating them all beforehand!"

@ViolentViolet77

A veilspun watched in amusement as a spiral fluttered from one stall to another, trying almost every dish that she could find. That's the vast amount of fire spices for you! Not one dish tasted the same. And with her squash and boar skewers with each one seasoned with different spices, they were certain to knock her socks off (or footpads, she supposes). Matir is there one second and gone the next, off to try something new.

@Skylarki

The ridgeback almost couldn't believe his ears. An imperial, disliking the best food around? And choosing plants instead? Oh well, sometimes dragons just can't see how great seafood is! At least she seemed quite pleased with his speciality strawberries! While not his specialty, he did have to admit they were quite the nice treat.

@abzoro

A skydancer and fae looked to be tag-teaming the stall Sho walked up to, where the skydancer would handle the sales while the fae would make sure plenty of insect cotton candy was on display. "Feeling adventurous today, are we?" says the skydancer teasingly. "Our cotton candy uses the finest sugar and insects around, so those with more adventurous palates are still satisfied! Enjoy!"

@Striation

"Thanks for the tip!" the coatl says while Relict packs up the peaches. "While they're fantastic by themselves, I recommend using them as a glaze or a marinade for seafood, especially salmon. That is, if you can resist eating them all beforehand!"

@ViolentViolet77

A veilspun watched in amusement as a spiral fluttered from one stall to another, trying almost every dish that she could find. That's the vast amount of fire spices for you! Not one dish tasted the same. And with her squash and boar skewers with each one seasoned with different spices, they were certain to knock her socks off (or footpads, she supposes). Matir is there one second and gone the next, off to try something new.

5511.png tumblr_inline_n6kdvu56Os1qlye38.gif6073.png
@Avmire

The coatl managing the fish stall looked unsurprised that a ridgeback would like to try his fish skewers. Everyone knows that ridgebacks are obsessed with fish! Then again, so are coatls. He took the treasure and nodded in thanks, as Dhandir didn't seem to be the chatty type. Hopefully a dragon that looks like he knows a thing or two about smoke likes the smoked fish and shrimp skewer!

@Bisharpamor

Sol giggled at the hatchling's enthusiasm for the baked goods. While she wasn't a baker, she did agree to help take some shifts to give stall owners a break. This always made it worth it! She made sure to pick the biggest bars for the hatchling, and watched him saunter off, clutching the bag like he just won the world's best prize.

@Noxite05

The skydancer smiled wide at the praise the guardian gave. "Why, that's a great honor, I'm glad to hear!" He puts the coin in his pocket before continuing on. "There's always something good that can come out of visiting new regions. Fish normally caught in the Starfall Isles combined with herbs and spices from the Ashfall Wastes makes a truly unique meal. Have a nice rest of your day at the carnival!"

@Avmire

The coatl managing the fish stall looked unsurprised that a ridgeback would like to try his fish skewers. Everyone knows that ridgebacks are obsessed with fish! Then again, so are coatls. He took the treasure and nodded in thanks, as Dhandir didn't seem to be the chatty type. Hopefully a dragon that looks like he knows a thing or two about smoke likes the smoked fish and shrimp skewer!

@Bisharpamor

Sol giggled at the hatchling's enthusiasm for the baked goods. While she wasn't a baker, she did agree to help take some shifts to give stall owners a break. This always made it worth it! She made sure to pick the biggest bars for the hatchling, and watched him saunter off, clutching the bag like he just won the world's best prize.

@Noxite05

The skydancer smiled wide at the praise the guardian gave. "Why, that's a great honor, I'm glad to hear!" He puts the coin in his pocket before continuing on. "There's always something good that can come out of visiting new regions. Fish normally caught in the Starfall Isles combined with herbs and spices from the Ashfall Wastes makes a truly unique meal. Have a nice rest of your day at the carnival!"

5511.png tumblr_inline_n6kdvu56Os1qlye38.gif6073.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63211509][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/632116/63211509.png[/img][/url][/center] [b]Day 1:[/b] Malykris wandered through the plaza, ignoring the grumbling of his teammates as he thought awkwardly of the encounter moments before. They had spotted a stall with some grilled fish, and after much begging, had dragged him towards the Tundra there, a thick-maned dragon who seemed eager to do business. “Oho! Well, some customers! I can see the drool dropping from your mouths at the smell of this fish. Might I interest you in some trout? Maybe this pike? Fresh caught just this morning, and just off the grill!” His booming voice echoed even over the bustling crowd, eyes glinting as he spotted a potential sale. Of course Resh and Averie jumped at the chance, handing over their gold readily and coming back with a tray of well-grilled fish. “You should try some!” Averie insisted, gesturing with the tray. “It’s really delicious, and so filling!” Resh, mouth already completely full of fish, simply nodded. Mal cracked a smile, always happy to see his normally uptight friend let loose even if just for a moment. [b]He hadn’t ever tried food outside of what Skydancer’s normally ate[/b], but he certainly couldn’t say no to Averie’s pleading expression. “Ok fine! I’ll take a bite. Fish can’t be that much more different than insects, right?” Mal decided to a chorus of cheers from Averie and a little victory dance. He picked up one of the untouched grilled fish and handled it as directed (“No, no, scrape off the scales first… yes, and then cut there… like that, yes…. No! Don’t eat the tail, you won’t like that part!.... Yes, that. There you go!”) until finally he had some meat, still gently steaming from it’s time on the grill. “Ok, here goes nothing…” He said, popping the piece in his mouth. It was softer than his normal fare by far which pleased him (insect shells had an irritating tendency of getting caught in his teeth) and the taste was much richer then what he was used to (some plants, no matter what spice, just didn’t have any flavor at all). But this? The rich flavor of the meat, the seasoning from the vendor, all of it combined into one heavenly, stomach warming bite. His eyes lit up, and he scooped up another piece, eating that as well, finishing this fish in quick succession. [b] “Well that was delicious!” [/b] He said in surprise. “I’d like a few more, please, for me and my friends!” Mal said, tail lashing with glee as he eyed the other fish available. No wonder his friends were so crazy for this stuff. Fish was delightful! [b]Bonus:[/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/LVIAvjN.png[/img]
63211509.png

Day 1:

Malykris wandered through the plaza, ignoring the grumbling of his teammates as he thought awkwardly of the encounter moments before. They had spotted a stall with some grilled fish, and after much begging, had dragged him towards the Tundra there, a thick-maned dragon who seemed eager to do business.

“Oho! Well, some customers! I can see the drool dropping from your mouths at the smell of this fish. Might I interest you in some trout? Maybe this pike? Fresh caught just this morning, and just off the grill!” His booming voice echoed even over the bustling crowd, eyes glinting as he spotted a potential sale.

Of course Resh and Averie jumped at the chance, handing over their gold readily and coming back with a tray of well-grilled fish.

“You should try some!” Averie insisted, gesturing with the tray. “It’s really delicious, and so filling!” Resh, mouth already completely full of fish, simply nodded. Mal cracked a smile, always happy to see his normally uptight friend let loose even if just for a moment.

He hadn’t ever tried food outside of what Skydancer’s normally ate, but he certainly couldn’t say no to Averie’s pleading expression.

“Ok fine! I’ll take a bite. Fish can’t be that much more different than insects, right?” Mal decided to a chorus of cheers from Averie and a little victory dance.

He picked up one of the untouched grilled fish and handled it as directed (“No, no, scrape off the scales first… yes, and then cut there… like that, yes…. No! Don’t eat the tail, you won’t like that part!.... Yes, that. There you go!”) until finally he had some meat, still gently steaming from it’s time on the grill.

“Ok, here goes nothing…” He said, popping the piece in his mouth.

It was softer than his normal fare by far which pleased him (insect shells had an irritating tendency of getting caught in his teeth) and the taste was much richer then what he was used to (some plants, no matter what spice, just didn’t have any flavor at all). But this? The rich flavor of the meat, the seasoning from the vendor, all of it combined into one heavenly, stomach warming bite.

His eyes lit up, and he scooped up another piece, eating that as well, finishing this fish in quick succession.

“Well that was delicious!” He said in surprise. “I’d like a few more, please, for me and my friends!” Mal said, tail lashing with glee as he eyed the other fish available. No wonder his friends were so crazy for this stuff. Fish was delightful!

Bonus:
LVIAvjN.png
waterb1.png H9klr6C.png IMG-7708.png
7UXlQKU.gif
M7v69JN.png
[center][b]Day 1[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/44916822][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/449169/44916822_350.png[/img][/url][/center] The slightest hint of a pause seemed to wash over the throngs at the carnival, as eyes turned to the gleaming vision which had just walked through the gates. Unfurling his giant wings, Lunick let the glow of the carnival lights glint off his alabaster armour, his sheathed dagger, and unfortunately not the Rebellion insignia Canarsie had make him take off before leaving home. “It isn’t the place to stir things up,” she’d admonished. “The carnival is the one time a year when everyone can put their weapons down and go out to have fun.” “Aww, sweetie,” he’d leaned down to kiss her on the forehead. “What would you know about that?” But he’d taken it off, and here he was, clearly in uniform but without any identifier as to which side he was on. Hmm, perhaps his mate had been on to something; he was drawing admiring looks from more dragons than usual tonight! He puffed out his chest and swept through the crowd, watching out for the smaller dragons at his feet (some swooned, some scowled), making his way towards the food stalls to get the night started. His admirers waited with bated breath to see what grub the handsome warrior would anoint with his blessing; the most fiery spiced Hydra the Wastes had to offer? Perhaps a whole gallon of the strongest home-brewed mead? They were a little taken aback when the knight in shining armour stopped in front of a rickety, ramshackle hut, its name hidden in faded woodcarve above the awning: “Mother’s Bosom Kitchen Delights”. Not even Mather. [i]Mother[/i]. “I’ll have the fire-glazed swan, please!” Lunick gave his order excitedly, and the old snapper with the lazy eye noted it down in her crumbling ledger. “With extra potash peach, and only a little sprinkling of firefly flakes. As mild as you can do, please!” Once Lunick returned outside to tuck into his meal, he noticed the attention on him had all but disappeared. He grinned to himself; well, that was fun while it lasted. He let himself relax, shovelling down the deliciously supple peach-glazed poultry with all the slurping sounds Canarsie didn’t let him make at home. He didn’t mind that his choice of dinner was seen as weird and emasculating by some. It was, after all, his favourite! [img] https://64.media.tumblr.com/746dc168232f032ced3b500268bb7b46/455b662d4cad0bb6-f5/s1280x1920/15c89e90afdc83161c1e59e8fc64a6c84b8da10f.jpg[/img]
Day 1

44916822_350.png

The slightest hint of a pause seemed to wash over the throngs at the carnival, as eyes turned to the gleaming vision which had just walked through the gates. Unfurling his giant wings, Lunick let the glow of the carnival lights glint off his alabaster armour, his sheathed dagger, and unfortunately not the Rebellion insignia Canarsie had make him take off before leaving home.

“It isn’t the place to stir things up,” she’d admonished. “The carnival is the one time a year when everyone can put their weapons down and go out to have fun.”

“Aww, sweetie,” he’d leaned down to kiss her on the forehead. “What would you know about that?”

But he’d taken it off, and here he was, clearly in uniform but without any identifier as to which side he was on. Hmm, perhaps his mate had been on to something; he was drawing admiring looks from more dragons than usual tonight! He puffed out his chest and swept through the crowd, watching out for the smaller dragons at his feet (some swooned, some scowled), making his way towards the food stalls to get the night started.

His admirers waited with bated breath to see what grub the handsome warrior would anoint with his blessing; the most fiery spiced Hydra the Wastes had to offer? Perhaps a whole gallon of the strongest home-brewed mead?

They were a little taken aback when the knight in shining armour stopped in front of a rickety, ramshackle hut, its name hidden in faded woodcarve above the awning: “Mother’s Bosom Kitchen Delights”. Not even Mather. Mother.

“I’ll have the fire-glazed swan, please!” Lunick gave his order excitedly, and the old snapper with the lazy eye noted it down in her crumbling ledger. “With extra potash peach, and only a little sprinkling of firefly flakes. As mild as you can do, please!”

Once Lunick returned outside to tuck into his meal, he noticed the attention on him had all but disappeared. He grinned to himself; well, that was fun while it lasted. He let himself relax, shovelling down the deliciously supple peach-glazed poultry with all the slurping sounds Canarsie didn’t let him make at home. He didn’t mind that his choice of dinner was seen as weird and emasculating by some. It was, after all, his favourite!

15c89e90afdc83161c1e59e8fc64a6c84b8da10f.jpg
MUYNhfy.png
6mVFIuV.png
xYQkuHQ.png
dEo6ta2.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22