Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | [closed]
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 21 22
[url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59370832] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/593709/59370832_350.png[/img] [/url] He had to buy a bag to carry the trinkets he picked up or was gifted--so many kind dragons to be found here that it was hard to remember that he had been so nervous when he arrived--but that wasn't really a hardship, even if he didn't like the color. One of his clanmates would enjoy it if he didn't want to keep it. When several dragons who looked to be about his age ran by, laughing and calling out for him to join the for a dance, Rhapsody followed enthusiastically. He was beginning to hope that all the flight festivals were this nice.

59370832_350.png

He had to buy a bag to carry the trinkets he picked up or was gifted--so many kind dragons to be found here that it was hard to remember that he had been so nervous when he arrived--but that wasn't really a hardship, even if he didn't like the color. One of his clanmates would enjoy it if he didn't want to keep it.

When several dragons who looked to be about his age ran by, laughing and calling out for him to join the for a dance, Rhapsody followed enthusiastically. He was beginning to hope that all the flight festivals were this nice.
XdKddgH.png
[url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26956984] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/269570/26956984_350.png[/img] [/url] Arrow enthusiastically applauded the sword-wielding Coatl and admired the precision with which he had sliced the fruits. “That was amazing!” she exclaimed. “The more I see here, the more I regret leaving Wind.” She chuckled a bit.

26956984_350.png

Arrow enthusiastically applauded the sword-wielding Coatl and admired the precision with which he had sliced the fruits. “That was amazing!” she exclaimed. “The more I see here, the more I regret leaving Wind.” She chuckled a bit.
Wetdog | she/her | fr +3
Daily pinglist: @HSoup @CorvusCosmic @Deladria @trashsiren @Canisa @Enen16106 @Forestwolf @GuardianDragonak @ViaCurro @JinxMoonstone @AetherDragon @SkyDagger @RisenWolf @wetdog15 @Andraya @Sylphiette @HurricaneWinds @Midwinter @Asphoxia @yeezy13 @Self @ZephyrDaDragon @Zytorian @Mindrop [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49457865] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/494579/49457865_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Erratio the Great and Powerful is wandering through the crowd, trying to get somebody to take him seriously. [i]Anybody.[/i] He's been trying to impress people with his magic for hours now, and it's just not working. He's about in the mood to cast a curse on someone. The next person to cross him is going to [i]get it[/i], he swears. A huge imperial dragon blocks his path. Erratio summons a burst of Wind magic to shove her aside. Instead, he accidentally blows his own hat off his head. It sails high into the air. He is so taken aback that all he can do is glare at it for its impertinence. Adding insult to injury, the imperial then rears back, plucks the hat out of the air, and returns it to him. "I think you dropped this," she says, and wanders off. He mumbles a thank you, then grumbles an oath once she's out of earshot. She got lucky. Next time, his wrath will strike without mercy! Or embarrassment! A gaggle of unruly hatchlings run past, bumping into him. This really is too much. Erratio the Great and Powerful will not be disrespected like this! He summons his magic to cast a ghastly apparition. Perhaps a healthy dose of fear will teach these children to mind their elders. A howling wind-demon appears and chases down the hatchlings! ...who promptly squeal with glee at the pretty magic and demand to be shown more. Erratio the Great and Powerful has to make a quick escape. Is this the end for his illustrious magic career? Surely there is some spell he can do correctly. He's worked so hard at it, and for so long! Well, perhaps he's just hungry. A simple summoning spell will get him some food, and should raise his spirit. Erratio lifts his arms, and accidentally casts the spell twenty feet in the air, causing trinkets to rain down on everyone nearby. @Disillusionist Some nice petunias rain down on the two partygoers, followed by something a little heavier. Watch out! @eeriansadow Be careful, Rhapsody! It might not be safe to run with all this slippery seafood underfoot. @wetdog15 Fish are friends, not food! Well, this one seems to be a friend, at any rate. @yeezy13 Mysterious flowers swirl around them as they glide along on their fantastic adventure!
Daily pinglist:
@HSoup @CorvusCosmic @Deladria @trashsiren @Canisa @Enen16106 @Forestwolf @GuardianDragonak @ViaCurro @JinxMoonstone @AetherDragon @SkyDagger @RisenWolf @wetdog15 @Andraya @Sylphiette @HurricaneWinds @Midwinter @Asphoxia @yeezy13 @Self @ZephyrDaDragon @Zytorian @Mindrop

Erratio the Great and Powerful is wandering through the crowd, trying to get somebody to take him seriously. Anybody. He's been trying to impress people with his magic for hours now, and it's just not working. He's about in the mood to cast a curse on someone. The next person to cross him is going to get it, he swears.

A huge imperial dragon blocks his path. Erratio summons a burst of Wind magic to shove her aside. Instead, he accidentally blows his own hat off his head. It sails high into the air. He is so taken aback that all he can do is glare at it for its impertinence. Adding insult to injury, the imperial then rears back, plucks the hat out of the air, and returns it to him. "I think you dropped this," she says, and wanders off. He mumbles a thank you, then grumbles an oath once she's out of earshot. She got lucky. Next time, his wrath will strike without mercy! Or embarrassment!

A gaggle of unruly hatchlings run past, bumping into him. This really is too much. Erratio the Great and Powerful will not be disrespected like this! He summons his magic to cast a ghastly apparition. Perhaps a healthy dose of fear will teach these children to mind their elders. A howling wind-demon appears and chases down the hatchlings! ...who promptly squeal with glee at the pretty magic and demand to be shown more. Erratio the Great and Powerful has to make a quick escape.

Is this the end for his illustrious magic career? Surely there is some spell he can do correctly. He's worked so hard at it, and for so long! Well, perhaps he's just hungry. A simple summoning spell will get him some food, and should raise his spirit. Erratio lifts his arms, and accidentally casts the spell twenty feet in the air, causing trinkets to rain down on everyone nearby.

@Disillusionist
Some nice petunias rain down on the two partygoers, followed by something a little heavier. Watch out!

@eeriansadow
Be careful, Rhapsody! It might not be safe to run with all this slippery seafood underfoot.

@wetdog15
Fish are friends, not food! Well, this one seems to be a friend, at any rate.

@yeezy13
Mysterious flowers swirl around them as they glide along on their fantastic adventure!
Without pausing, Sylvan sweeps up the gifts with his tail, his thanks woven into the next part of his song as it shifted once more. [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59999428] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=604478&skin=0&apparel=272,20836,26630,9452,26141,15311,15299,15310,32971,27118,32986,32982&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url][/center] During the performance a new dragon had appeared, twining himself in the bamboo above Sylvan, startling some of the omen seekers that were nearby. Yarrow had come, mostly wondering what new ingredients he could find, but also to enjoy the culture. Those reasons didn't keep him from watching Sylvan for a moment, as he'd only ever met the illusive dragon a few times in his forest. However, that meant there was a chance to see him later, and this festival was a time sensitive matter. He slid out from the bamboo, sweeping back into the air, continuing his hunt for new and interesting [s]materials[/s] sights.
Without pausing, Sylvan sweeps up the gifts with his tail, his thanks woven into the next part of his song as it shifted once more. During the performance a new dragon had appeared, twining himself in the bamboo above Sylvan, startling some of the omen seekers that were nearby.
Yarrow had come, mostly wondering what new ingredients he could find, but also to enjoy the culture. Those reasons didn't keep him from watching Sylvan for a moment, as he'd only ever met the illusive dragon a few times in his forest.
However, that meant there was a chance to see him later, and this festival was a time sensitive matter.
He slid out from the bamboo, sweeping back into the air, continuing his hunt for new and interesting materials sights.
52030.png
101.png
» Soulthreads
wishlist
dragons for sale
X
X
x
ed6b66583d31e626062d0eb47937ce359a118f7e.png
[url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26956984] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/269570/26956984_350.png[/img] [/url] “What the-” Arrow started before abruptly being smacked in the head by a fish. “Ah,” she grumbled. “That’s why I left.” She shook the water off of her scales in annoyance and was preparing to devour it when it looked up at her and gave her the saddest stare she had seen all day. “Wh- how can you move without water?” Arrow demanded. “Also, who gave you the right to be that cute? Fish are food, not friends!” The special fish tilted its head up at the Ridgeback, and she finally scoffed. “Fine. I’ll spare your life, little fish, but you’ll have to promise not to tell anyone.” She grumpily placed the fish in her bag as inconspicuously as she could. [i]What am I doing, publicly talking to a fish?[/i]

26956984_350.png

“What the-” Arrow started before abruptly being smacked in the head by a fish. “Ah,” she grumbled. “That’s why I left.” She shook the water off of her scales in annoyance and was preparing to devour it when it looked up at her and gave her the saddest stare she had seen all day.
“Wh- how can you move without water?” Arrow demanded. “Also, who gave you the right to be that cute? Fish are food, not friends!”
The special fish tilted its head up at the Ridgeback, and she finally scoffed. “Fine. I’ll spare your life, little fish, but you’ll have to promise not to tell anyone.” She grumpily placed the fish in her bag as inconspicuously as she could. What am I doing, publicly talking to a fish?
Wetdog | she/her | fr +3
[url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26395662] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/263957/26395662_350.png[/img] [/url] Turtle swooped down from the sky, swerving past the performers dancing in the sky. "COME ON POSEIDON! WE'RE LATE!" [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25870323] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/258704/25870323_350.png[/img] [/url] A blue Spiral trailed after Turtle, his expression a little knit with worry. He caught up to Turtle and narrowly avoided tangling with a Skydancer's windblown kite. "Hey---wait up! Don't leave me behind." The two dragons descended down to the festival grounds. Immediately, they were swarmed by the crowd full of cheerful shouts and laughs. Poseidon grabbed onto Turtle as she tried to escape into the crowd, struggling to hold onto his flailing companion. "OOOOOHHH, THERE'S SO MUCH TO LOOK AT! LET'S FLY SOME KITES! THEY'RE SELLING SOME IN THAT STALL OVER THERE! HEY, WHAT ABOUT THAT KNOW DEMONSTRATION? LET'S WATCH THE AEROBATICS TOO!" "Hey, hey, calm down," Poseidon spoke to her urgently, trying to refrain her from bowling through the crowd of dragons out of excitement. "Some dragon is going to get hurt if you're going to burst like a tea kettle. Breathe slowly." Turtle stared at him with wide eyes and did what Poseidon advised. Well, tried. She started wheezing loudly as she "breathed slowly", unable to contain all of her energy. Some dragons closely turned to look with concern, and Poseidon shook his head and only smiled sheepishly. Poseidon patted Turtle's shoulder. "That's it. I think we can proceed now. Here, have a roasted grasshopper. Someone gave me a handful earlier." Turtle was fidgeting now, but at least she didn't run off. She accepted the grasshopper and chewed vigorously on it as they walked down the crowd.

26395662_350.png

Turtle swooped down from the sky, swerving past the performers dancing in the sky. "COME ON POSEIDON! WE'RE LATE!"

25870323_350.png

A blue Spiral trailed after Turtle, his expression a little knit with worry. He caught up to Turtle and narrowly avoided tangling with a Skydancer's windblown kite. "Hey---wait up! Don't leave me behind." The two dragons descended down to the festival grounds. Immediately, they were swarmed by the crowd full of cheerful shouts and laughs. Poseidon grabbed onto Turtle as she tried to escape into the crowd, struggling to hold onto his flailing companion.

"OOOOOHHH, THERE'S SO MUCH TO LOOK AT! LET'S FLY SOME KITES! THEY'RE SELLING SOME IN THAT STALL OVER THERE! HEY, WHAT ABOUT THAT KNOW DEMONSTRATION? LET'S WATCH THE AEROBATICS TOO!"

"Hey, hey, calm down," Poseidon spoke to her urgently, trying to refrain her from bowling through the crowd of dragons out of excitement. "Some dragon is going to get hurt if you're going to burst like a tea kettle. Breathe slowly."

Turtle stared at him with wide eyes and did what Poseidon advised. Well, tried. She started wheezing loudly as she "breathed slowly", unable to contain all of her energy. Some dragons closely turned to look with concern, and Poseidon shook his head and only smiled sheepishly.

Poseidon patted Turtle's shoulder. "That's it. I think we can proceed now. Here, have a roasted grasshopper. Someone gave me a handful earlier."

Turtle was fidgeting now, but at least she didn't run off. She accepted the grasshopper and chewed vigorously on it as they walked down the crowd.
MyfNmKq.png
[center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49886956] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/498870/49886956_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Delta wandered about The Cloudsong and spied a stage off to one side. She rushed to see what was going on. A coatl seemed to be demonstrating sword skills. She watched the blade dance around the air, following its shine. Once the performance was over, she clapped loudly. That was such an amazing show to watch, especially since she couldn't ever imagine being able to do that herself! She looked around at what was going on elsewhere, squinting as she saw...objects raining from the sky in the distance. What was going on over there? Delta looked at what the stalls were offering. One was a painting booth, but she had already painted quite a lot, so she decided to pass on that. The next booth over had an array of snacks, so she walked up to it. She [i]was[/i] feeling rather hungry! Delta handed the dragon selling snacks a couple of Messenger Scrolls, which they gladly accepted. Turns out Festival currency could be used in places other than Joxar's! She took a bag of snack mix that was on the table in return, opening it and grabbing a few of the treats inside. There were Wind Flight colored cookies, pretzels, and even a couple types of Wind-themed insects, which she tried and then avoided. Insects were not for her.

Delta wandered about The Cloudsong and spied a stage off to one side. She rushed to see what was going on. A coatl seemed to be demonstrating sword skills. She watched the blade dance around the air, following its shine. Once the performance was over, she clapped loudly. That was such an amazing show to watch, especially since she couldn't ever imagine being able to do that herself!

She looked around at what was going on elsewhere, squinting as she saw...objects raining from the sky in the distance. What was going on over there?

Delta looked at what the stalls were offering. One was a painting booth, but she had already painted quite a lot, so she decided to pass on that. The next booth over had an array of snacks, so she walked up to it. She was feeling rather hungry!

Delta handed the dragon selling snacks a couple of Messenger Scrolls, which they gladly accepted. Turns out Festival currency could be used in places other than Joxar's! She took a bag of snack mix that was on the table in return, opening it and grabbing a few of the treats inside. There were Wind Flight colored cookies, pretzels, and even a couple types of Wind-themed insects, which she tried and then avoided. Insects were not for her.
PX2x8Tb.pngimage-9.pngWCSunday.pngFragmented-Tablet.pngKelBIQc.png
The trio wander the festival, eating their sugarmelons. "So, catch me up on what's going on at home," Hurricane says, and Hraekon gives a long-suffering sigh.

"The clan's doing good, at least," Bismuth says before Hraekon can start grumbling. "They're setting up an airship fleet under your banner, and it's growing fast."

"And my ship?"

Hraekon groans. "Docked indeterminately. The residents have been causing a bit of trouble. Trickmurk was awful this year."

Hurricane winces. "At least it's over. You guys seem to be handling things well, even without me."
The trio wander the festival, eating their sugarmelons. "So, catch me up on what's going on at home," Hurricane says, and Hraekon gives a long-suffering sigh.

"The clan's doing good, at least," Bismuth says before Hraekon can start grumbling. "They're setting up an airship fleet under your banner, and it's growing fast."

"And my ship?"

Hraekon groans. "Docked indeterminately. The residents have been causing a bit of trouble. Trickmurk was awful this year."

Hurricane winces. "At least it's over. You guys seem to be handling things well, even without me."
AOFzhcD.png x >hurry
>she/her
>fr +3
>avatar
>about
x >lore
>origamis
>wishlist
>uma sales
>pings ok
I may end up with a few posts today. That is the fun of RPs! PM me if anyone wants to run a joint post! @eeeeel [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56785199] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/567852/56785199_350.png[/img] [/url] Arologie was guided by The Wind down from the high place. It was sad to be leaving such a good thing, but a good thing must come to an end, or else another good thing can't start. As he watched where he was being guided he saw a Guardian Dragon lose his pink hat. He adjusted to catch it for him, but an oversized Imperial Dragon caught it instead. The guardian almost crushed a group of unaware hatchings. He tried to scare them into paying attention, but they only found the wind spirit to be fun. That was the nature of this party. There would be joy, not fear. Arologie felt the pull of the Wind and dropped to meet the fascinating Guardian Dragon. He just had to make sure he didn't surprise him too much and that he was visible with the size difference. He pulled off to the side of his head a bit so that at least one eye could see him "Hello friend! It feels like it has been ages since I was back home. I am Arologie, Aeromancer of the KDK Lair. A magician of sorts like yourself. And who might you be?
I may end up with a few posts today. That is the fun of RPs! PM me if anyone wants to run a joint post! @eeeeel

56785199_350.png

Arologie was guided by The Wind down from the high place. It was sad to be leaving such a good thing, but a good thing must come to an end, or else another good thing can't start. As he watched where he was being guided he saw a Guardian Dragon lose his pink hat. He adjusted to catch it for him, but an oversized Imperial Dragon caught it instead.

The guardian almost crushed a group of unaware hatchings. He tried to scare them into paying attention, but they only found the wind spirit to be fun. That was the nature of this party. There would be joy, not fear.

Arologie felt the pull of the Wind and dropped to meet the fascinating Guardian Dragon. He just had to make sure he didn't surprise him too much and that he was visible with the size difference. He pulled off to the side of his head a bit so that at least one eye could see him

"Hello friend! It feels like it has been ages since I was back home. I am Arologie, Aeromancer of the KDK Lair. A magician of sorts like yourself. And who might you be?

Q4CQhI4.gifEg8y9lk.pngdW4n7YM.pngE2fMCjK.pngR7DQS1B.pngoSY8URL.pngjUd05Yk.png
[center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27437056] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/274371/27437056_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35198008] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/351981/35198008_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Amharath smacked her lips appreciatively. “These sugarmelons are delicious! What great timing, first to cleanse my palate after that salty food, and now, a refreshing breakfast! “ Lifeanth was not quite so enthusiastic. “They need ants. And there are rather a lot of them … ” “I’ll be happy to eat more later! And we can give some to Zephannie if she gets hungry.” “Do Gem Guardians even EAT people food?” Lifeanth wondered. Her mother tended the familiars at WindSky Weyr at night, but had not really discussed feeding them. And gem guardians were a fairly recent discovery, with new breeds being discovered monthly. She looked at her half-sister, whose mind was clearly already elsewhere, and said “I guess you want to head over to the Couriers’ Station right away….” “Yes, it’s more than an hour past dawn, so our reply should be waiting!” But when they arrived, they learned there was no return message. In fact, the scroll had not even been delivered! The bogsneak behind the counter was apologetic, knowing how unprecedented this was.”I assure you, every effort was made, but it proved impossible for our courier to reach the destination you indicated, and under the circumstances, I’m sorry, we won’t be refunding your expedited delivery fee…" ”What? What do you mean [i]‘the circumstances’[/i]? I need to know what’s going on!” “We did our part, I promise you, but there was a barrier to completing the delivery, clearly dragonmade, so we are not responsible for ….” “Hold on, right there, what kind of a barrier? WindSky Weyr is open to all! Where is this courier? I need to speak to them!” The bog looked like he was about to make some excuse, but the sound of raised voices could be heard from behind the door closed in back of him. He reluctantly opened it and spoke to whoever was back there, and a young female skydancer stepped hesitantly into the room - followed by a familiar face. [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17489058] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/174891/17489058_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] “Simon! What are [u]you[/u] doing here?” The Weyr’s main courier himself! “This IS a Couriers’ Station” he said wryly. Then more soberly, “I can verify this lass’s story myself,” he said, “I’ve seen it!” Amharath and Lifeanth were more confused than ever, since they hadn’t gotten the story yet. The bogsneak ushered them to a waiting room and bustled about making tea. Nothing like tea to soothe frayed nerves. The courier began her tale: “The Winds were with me, and I made good time, but as I approached I began to feel more and more strongly that I should just turn around and forget about it. But I’m a courier! So I pressed forward, and then these symbols started flashing in front of me, like those pirate flags, all grim and skeletal. It gave me the creeps, but I tried, I really did, even though it was a strain, and that’s when those symbols got stronger, like, and started to hurt my eyes! I was afraid I’d go blind! So I turned around to come back here, even though I hadn’t… I didn’t … “ She looked about to cry. Simon patted her consolingly. “It’s all right, you have not disgraced the couriers, you clearly gave it your all!” The bog had tea ready, and he poured her a cup, which she accepted in trembling hands. Simon continued as she sank back gratefully. “I’d been running deliveries all week around the fringes of the WindSwept Plateau, and was anxious to get back so Greenworth and I could get some R&R together here at the Jamboree, but I ran into the same Keep Away spell she did! And it’s just as she described. It’s a strong one! I’d be willing to bet it takes all of our [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/lair/242017/1530520?name=&type=undefined]Windchanters[/url] to keep it going. They really don’t want anyone going in or out! Maybe there is some danger they are trying to contain, if the skull & crossbones motif is any indicator.” “But why wouldn’t they just ask for help?” Lifeanth interrupted. “There’s a ton of dragons right here I bet would jump at the chance to bust some enemy skulls together, regardless of flight.” “I don’t know the answer to that, little one.” From anyone else, Lifeanth would have bristled at the appellation, but from Simon she didn’t mind so much. “I have some ideas on trying to gather more intelligence on the situation, but first I need to rest. It really takes a lot out of you trying to fight against a Keep Away! “ The courier nodded mutely in agreement. “You should spend the day with us!” Amharath agreed. “Say, can you cook?”

Amharath smacked her lips appreciatively. “These sugarmelons are delicious! What great timing, first to cleanse my palate after that salty food, and now, a refreshing breakfast! “

Lifeanth was not quite so enthusiastic. “They need ants. And there are rather a lot of them … ”

“I’ll be happy to eat more later! And we can give some to Zephannie if she gets hungry.”

“Do Gem Guardians even EAT people food?” Lifeanth wondered. Her mother tended the familiars at WindSky Weyr at night, but had not really discussed feeding them. And gem guardians were a fairly recent discovery, with new breeds being discovered monthly. She looked at her half-sister, whose mind was clearly already elsewhere, and said “I guess you want to head over to the Couriers’ Station right away….”

“Yes, it’s more than an hour past dawn, so our reply should be waiting!”

But when they arrived, they learned there was no return message. In fact, the scroll had not even been delivered! The bogsneak behind the counter was apologetic, knowing how unprecedented this was.”I assure you, every effort was made, but it proved impossible for our courier to reach the destination you indicated, and under the circumstances, I’m sorry, we won’t be refunding your expedited delivery fee…" ”What? What do you mean ‘the circumstances’? I need to know what’s going on!” “We did our part, I promise you, but there was a barrier to completing the delivery, clearly dragonmade, so we are not responsible for ….” “Hold on, right there, what kind of a barrier? WindSky Weyr is open to all! Where is this courier? I need to speak to them!” The bog looked like he was about to make some excuse, but the sound of raised voices could be heard from behind the door closed in back of him. He reluctantly opened it and spoke to whoever was back there, and a young female skydancer stepped hesitantly into the room - followed by a familiar face.

“Simon! What are you doing here?” The Weyr’s main courier himself!

“This IS a Couriers’ Station” he said wryly. Then more soberly, “I can verify this lass’s story myself,” he said, “I’ve seen it!”

Amharath and Lifeanth were more confused than ever, since they hadn’t gotten the story yet. The bogsneak ushered them to a waiting room and bustled about making tea. Nothing like tea to soothe frayed nerves.

The courier began her tale: “The Winds were with me, and I made good time, but as I approached I began to feel more and more strongly that I should just turn around and forget about it. But I’m a courier! So I pressed forward, and then these symbols started flashing in front of me, like those pirate flags, all grim and skeletal. It gave me the creeps, but I tried, I really did, even though it was a strain, and that’s when those symbols got stronger, like, and started to hurt my eyes! I was afraid I’d go blind! So I turned around to come back here, even though I hadn’t… I didn’t … “ She looked about to cry.

Simon patted her consolingly. “It’s all right, you have not disgraced the couriers, you clearly gave it your all!” The bog had tea ready, and he poured her a cup, which she accepted in trembling hands. Simon continued as she sank back gratefully.

“I’d been running deliveries all week around the fringes of the WindSwept Plateau, and was anxious to get back so Greenworth and I could get some R&R together here at the Jamboree, but I ran into the same Keep Away spell she did! And it’s just as she described. It’s a strong one! I’d be willing to bet it takes all of our Windchanters to keep it going. They really don’t want anyone going in or out! Maybe there is some danger they are trying to contain, if the skull & crossbones motif is any indicator.”

“But why wouldn’t they just ask for help?” Lifeanth interrupted. “There’s a ton of dragons right here I bet would jump at the chance to bust some enemy skulls together, regardless of flight.”

“I don’t know the answer to that, little one.” From anyone else, Lifeanth would have bristled at the appellation, but from Simon she didn’t mind so much. “I have some ideas on trying to gather more intelligence on the situation, but first I need to rest. It really takes a lot out of you trying to fight against a Keep Away! “ The courier nodded mutely in agreement.

“You should spend the day with us!” Amharath agreed.

“Say, can you cook?”
pSn2GKM.png If you like them, please Like them!
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 21 22