Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Did Someone Say Free Banescales?
1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
@lunaralight Why was i not even pinged? I did post a request for one of the dragons here. Did I do something wrong? I tried to follow all the rules you had posted, but I'm sorry if I broke any of them. I really wanted the dragon, but oh well, there's gonna be a second time.
Have a good day.

That was a stupid comment. Forget there ever was anything here, i'm sorry. I was a huge entitled ***hole, I shouldn't have gotten angry like that. Sorry for disturbing you.
@lunaralight Why was i not even pinged? I did post a request for one of the dragons here. Did I do something wrong? I tried to follow all the rules you had posted, but I'm sorry if I broke any of them. I really wanted the dragon, but oh well, there's gonna be a second time.
Have a good day.

That was a stupid comment. Forget there ever was anything here, i'm sorry. I was a huge entitled ***hole, I shouldn't have gotten angry like that. Sorry for disturbing you.
tree.png xxxxice.png
xx
Keep your head up,
princess
snow.png
snow.png
snow.png
or your crown's
gonna fall
XX
xxxxice.png
tree2.png
[/font]
@Peachyminn It's sometimes considered rude to ping those who were not chosen with a public announcement of the fact they didn't get the dragon. Because of this, many threads only ping the winners. Also, Luna has stated she has a lot going on in real life and reaching out to everyone privately to inform them they weren't picked is far too much of an emotional and time burden. The people running these types of threads are just that - people. With real lives and real responsibilities.

I looked back on the thread and the Bane you applied for had multiple applicants – it isn't necessarily that you did something wrong. The other clan must just have seemed a better fit. It happens.

I may be misreading the tone, but you sound a bit entitled and passive-aggressive with that wording. I apologize if I have misinterpreted your message, but it sounds to me like you believe Luna owed you something. I tried to address your questions on being pinged/not chosen but I feel this also needs to be said. These free adoptions are a service provided out of generosity. The dragons on display were often not free at all. Instead, the person running the thread paid for them from their own funds in order to offer them up to everyone and make others happy. While the purpose of these dragons is to give them out to others, they belong to the person who actually went and paid for them up until they're sent out. This means said person is allowed to be as selective or loose with the requirements for the dragon as they like. They can choose winning apps based on objective factors such as length of app or subjective ones like a certain app giving them good vibes. Regardless of how the winning application is chosen, the thread's mod does not need to provide an explanation.

I was going to suggest you look through WINGS, which also has Bane adoptions and Luna has just joined... however, we also have an application process and applying does not guarantee you'll receive the dragon. Most adoption threads like this one or WINGS are not first come, first serve. In fact, Banes at WINGS have sometimes been kept despite there being an application simply because it didn't meet our personal standards for the dragon. You're welcome to apply for our Banes but keep this in mind if you do.
@Peachyminn It's sometimes considered rude to ping those who were not chosen with a public announcement of the fact they didn't get the dragon. Because of this, many threads only ping the winners. Also, Luna has stated she has a lot going on in real life and reaching out to everyone privately to inform them they weren't picked is far too much of an emotional and time burden. The people running these types of threads are just that - people. With real lives and real responsibilities.

I looked back on the thread and the Bane you applied for had multiple applicants – it isn't necessarily that you did something wrong. The other clan must just have seemed a better fit. It happens.

I may be misreading the tone, but you sound a bit entitled and passive-aggressive with that wording. I apologize if I have misinterpreted your message, but it sounds to me like you believe Luna owed you something. I tried to address your questions on being pinged/not chosen but I feel this also needs to be said. These free adoptions are a service provided out of generosity. The dragons on display were often not free at all. Instead, the person running the thread paid for them from their own funds in order to offer them up to everyone and make others happy. While the purpose of these dragons is to give them out to others, they belong to the person who actually went and paid for them up until they're sent out. This means said person is allowed to be as selective or loose with the requirements for the dragon as they like. They can choose winning apps based on objective factors such as length of app or subjective ones like a certain app giving them good vibes. Regardless of how the winning application is chosen, the thread's mod does not need to provide an explanation.

I was going to suggest you look through WINGS, which also has Bane adoptions and Luna has just joined... however, we also have an application process and applying does not guarantee you'll receive the dragon. Most adoption threads like this one or WINGS are not first come, first serve. In fact, Banes at WINGS have sometimes been kept despite there being an application simply because it didn't meet our personal standards for the dragon. You're welcome to apply for our Banes but keep this in mind if you do.
Beta-Pixel.png
@wombatpixie I'm sorry. I got angry and started dishing it out on lunara. I really had felt entitled, as i had big plans for her. I've calmed down a bit, and I realize I was really immature. Thanks for helping me wake up to what I was doing

@lunaralight I'm sorry. Really. I shouldn't have said that, I was a huge brat right now. I understand now that you really didn't need to provide an explanation and you have a lot going on. Sorry. I hope you get over what's bothering you in real life, and now I mean that sincerely, not passively aggressively like I was doing previously.
@wombatpixie I'm sorry. I got angry and started dishing it out on lunara. I really had felt entitled, as i had big plans for her. I've calmed down a bit, and I realize I was really immature. Thanks for helping me wake up to what I was doing

@lunaralight I'm sorry. Really. I shouldn't have said that, I was a huge brat right now. I understand now that you really didn't need to provide an explanation and you have a lot going on. Sorry. I hope you get over what's bothering you in real life, and now I mean that sincerely, not passively aggressively like I was doing previously.
tree.png xxxxice.png
xx
Keep your head up,
princess
snow.png
snow.png
snow.png
or your crown's
gonna fall
XX
xxxxice.png
tree2.png
[/font]
@PeachyMinn
Hello, just letting you know that you were not pinged because you were not selected to receive the dragon. This thread was not a first-come first-serve thread, and when multiple people apply for a single dragon I do not ping them as it can be seen as a let down. I generally only pinged users on the ping list during new rounds- and if they had not received a CR they did not win a dragon. You did not do anything wrong, there was just a lot of competition for that girl and she ended up with someone else.
Additionally, I did not reply to the questions you asked in your original app because I honestly do not have any recommendations for breeders, I often get my own dragons through AH sniping and cannot provide you with any breeders specifically :(

If you have any questions feel free to ask them, but the honest answer to your question is I did not ping you because I personally don’t like pinging users that don’t win dragons because of the disappointment it causes- I never ping users who do not win.

Also thank you @WombatPixie for your comment- they are right in saying I am not on here much and do not have a lot of time. However if you have any concerns feel free to contact me and I’ll try to get back to you as soon as I’m free.
@PeachyMinn
Hello, just letting you know that you were not pinged because you were not selected to receive the dragon. This thread was not a first-come first-serve thread, and when multiple people apply for a single dragon I do not ping them as it can be seen as a let down. I generally only pinged users on the ping list during new rounds- and if they had not received a CR they did not win a dragon. You did not do anything wrong, there was just a lot of competition for that girl and she ended up with someone else.
Additionally, I did not reply to the questions you asked in your original app because I honestly do not have any recommendations for breeders, I often get my own dragons through AH sniping and cannot provide you with any breeders specifically :(

If you have any questions feel free to ask them, but the honest answer to your question is I did not ping you because I personally don’t like pinging users that don’t win dragons because of the disappointment it causes- I never ping users who do not win.

Also thank you @WombatPixie for your comment- they are right in saying I am not on here much and do not have a lot of time. However if you have any concerns feel free to contact me and I’ll try to get back to you as soon as I’m free.
BXCXKs1.jpg
1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44