Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Writer's Rescue: Lore Galore!
1 2 ... 164 165 166 167 168 ... 706 707
@Decaffeinated Lore done! Could she be renamed Actiniaria, please? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48168720] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/481688/48168720_350.png[/img] [/url] [rule] In the warm, deep pools near the borders that separated the Flamecaller's soot-stained lands and the Tidelord's watery domains there lived a clan, or rather a cluster when you took into account their lifestyle and behaviours, of Coatls. Migration over the long centuries had lead to this particular group splintering off from their heat-loving brethren, and some say that bold explorers are still able to trace their route down from the treacherous cliff face of the Emberglow Hearth provided that they bring ample amounts of constitution and rope. Though exact timelines are dubious because of an almost exclusive oral tradition before the practice of keeping written records, extensive underground burrows and the weathered sides of these tide pools are evidence of the longevity of this settlement. Mayhap it is the proximity to the heated lands of the Ashfall Waste which stops that hard-to-deny pull that beckons Coatls to return, but the Clan is proud of their iron-clad will. Fortitude and patience. Those words are more than just a motto, and their essence and meaning is not only prevalent in day to day life but also in the early education of the hatchlings born to them. Coatls of this Clan have no need for fancy nets, instead coating the edges of their feathers with a type of stinging venom. Water-proof and safe to use for Clan members this venom stuns any fish to come into contact with it. Younglings are trained to lay in wait for their prey amongst colorful coral outcroppings and are celebrated according to how many fish they are able to catch in this fashion. Indeed, it is one of the aspects of the coming of age ritual practised within the Clan. Fortitude and patience. She rolls the scroll up and extends it to the dragon who has been watching her read it all this while. The feathers along his neck quivered with unspoken tension, and she clicks and hums comforting words to him. "Do not worry. I think the elder will like it." "Easy for you to say Actiniaria. You're his favourite." His reply is low, feathers vibrating to denote grumbling but she has known him since they had both looked over the walls of their nests and made eye contact. Her with her feathers still damp from the amniotic fluid and he with the eggshell still on his head, they had been best friends ever since. Inseparable too until now. He did not mean this charge of favouritism. "Promise you'll write?" "Of course!" A series of thrilling chirps, she narrows her eyes at him playfully. "Though it will remain to be seen if you'll have any time to read any of my letters." He groans and leans heavily against her, over-dramatic as always. "The elder is a cruel taskmaster. I shall spend the rest of my life under a pile of scrolls." "Such is the fate of a junior scribe." She rests her chin atop his head and closes her eyes, enjoying the breeze wafting at them from across the blue expanse of the sea. "I will miss you." It was a tender pulse of sound. He lifts his head to smile at her, and she could see the same sentiment mirrored in his eyes before he leaps. The resulting laughter and splashing from the tickle attack could be heard for miles. I will miss you. Fate was a fickle thing and vicious indeed for those simple words came back to haunt her. During those long, lonely nights caring for a half-formed hatchling wreathed in shadows, to the terrible journey out in the open waters of Sornieth, to the Maren attack that had left so many dead and her trapped in a prision while they tried to discover the secrets of her magic. Fortitude and patience. The memory of his thrumming laugh and quick smile. It was all she had to get her through. She almost broke towards the end if it weren't for... "Oh! She's awake!" While she understood common draconic the sharp, excited noises hurt her head. "Cloud, do be quiet. Your bedside manner is appaling." A gentler voice, she looks up into the long face and curious eyes of an Imperial. "We will try to stall the Tree Wardens for now, but they will want to know about the Maren prison where you were kept so that they can make sure that everything is destroyed. I am Haunted, and this is Cloud can we get anything for you?" Beyond his hulking form, she could see a smaller one at the open doorway. A Fae who's fins moved lazily as they spoke to a crowd of Wildclaws at the door. "Parchment...quill...some ink." Her voice was flat as she tried to wrap her tongue around the common language of their kind. What had happened to the hatchling that had been in her care? Was she dead? Still a prisoner? Lost at sea? "I've some letters to write."
@Decaffeinated

Lore done! Could she be renamed Actiniaria, please?

48168720_350.png

In the warm, deep pools near the borders that separated the Flamecaller's soot-stained lands and the Tidelord's watery domains there lived a clan, or rather a cluster when you took into account their lifestyle and behaviours, of Coatls. Migration over the long centuries had lead to this particular group splintering off from their heat-loving brethren, and some say that bold explorers are still able to trace their route down from the treacherous cliff face of the Emberglow Hearth provided that they bring ample amounts of constitution and rope. Though exact timelines are dubious because of an almost exclusive oral tradition before the practice of keeping written records, extensive underground burrows and the weathered sides of these tide pools are evidence of the longevity of this settlement.

Mayhap it is the proximity to the heated lands of the Ashfall Waste which stops that hard-to-deny pull that beckons Coatls to return, but the Clan is proud of their iron-clad will. Fortitude and patience. Those words are more than just a motto, and their essence and meaning is not only prevalent in day to day life but also in the early education of the hatchlings born to them. Coatls of this Clan have no need for fancy nets, instead coating the edges of their feathers with a type of stinging venom. Water-proof and safe to use for Clan members this venom stuns any fish to come into contact with it. Younglings are trained to lay in wait for their prey amongst colorful coral outcroppings and are celebrated according to how many fish they are able to catch in this fashion. Indeed, it is one of the aspects of the coming of age ritual practised within the Clan.

Fortitude and patience. She rolls the scroll up and extends it to the dragon who has been watching her read it all this while. The feathers along his neck quivered with unspoken tension, and she clicks and hums comforting words to him. "Do not worry. I think the elder will like it."

"Easy for you to say Actiniaria. You're his favourite." His reply is low, feathers vibrating to denote grumbling but she has known him since they had both looked over the walls of their nests and made eye contact. Her with her feathers still damp from the amniotic fluid and he with the eggshell still on his head, they had been best friends ever since. Inseparable too until now. He did not mean this charge of favouritism.

"Promise you'll write?"

"Of course!" A series of thrilling chirps, she narrows her eyes at him playfully. "Though it will remain to be seen if you'll have any time to read any of my letters."

He groans and leans heavily against her, over-dramatic as always. "The elder is a cruel taskmaster. I shall spend the rest of my life under a pile of scrolls."

"Such is the fate of a junior scribe." She rests her chin atop his head and closes her eyes, enjoying the breeze wafting at them from across the blue expanse of the sea.

"I will miss you." It was a tender pulse of sound. He lifts his head to smile at her, and she could see the same sentiment mirrored in his eyes before he leaps. The resulting laughter and splashing from the tickle attack could be heard for miles.

I will miss you. Fate was a fickle thing and vicious indeed for those simple words came back to haunt her. During those long, lonely nights caring for a half-formed hatchling wreathed in shadows, to the terrible journey out in the open waters of Sornieth, to the Maren attack that had left so many dead and her trapped in a prision while they tried to discover the secrets of her magic. Fortitude and patience. The memory of his thrumming laugh and quick smile. It was all she had to get her through. She almost broke towards the end if it weren't for...

"Oh! She's awake!" While she understood common draconic the sharp, excited noises hurt her head.

"Cloud, do be quiet. Your bedside manner is appaling." A gentler voice, she looks up into the long face and curious eyes of an Imperial. "We will try to stall the Tree Wardens for now, but they will want to know about the Maren prison where you were kept so that they can make sure that everything is destroyed. I am Haunted, and this is Cloud can we get anything for you?" Beyond his hulking form, she could see a smaller one at the open doorway. A Fae who's fins moved lazily as they spoke to a crowd of Wildclaws at the door.

"Parchment...quill...some ink." Her voice was flat as she tried to wrap her tongue around the common language of their kind. What had happened to the hatchling that had been in her care? Was she dead? Still a prisoner? Lost at sea? "I've some letters to write."
@MisterArtist Held!

@Animonster I'm afraid someone claimed him before you.

@Dragonspire Oh wow, that is the perfect group for Arcus to have ended up with! His mother would be both humored and thankful that someone took him in.
@MisterArtist Held!

@Animonster I'm afraid someone claimed him before you.

@Dragonspire Oh wow, that is the perfect group for Arcus to have ended up with! His mother would be both humored and thankful that someone took him in.
MKHInJR.png__gfCdYdH.gif7GFlGJN.pngE2bewfg.pngNk21WD8.pngdVEhpEt.pngpsOFjGK.pngXRLXA9U.pngNi33GGx.pngkFw6KP5.pngjtUkEZ1.pngtp1eAiM.png3JLBG44.pngLTXo08g.pngQAOWWhZ.pngfnhaNrg.png_
@Decaffeinated Mind if I claim this girl? I can write her lore tomorrow, if so! :)) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48058389] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/480584/48058389_350.png[/img] [/url]
@Decaffeinated
Mind if I claim this girl? I can write her lore tomorrow, if so! :))

48058389_350.png
e37d7bdc374ab66cfe6ba1cdb25f406e23d0edcc.png
@Decaffeinated [center]Tachyeres (nicknamed Tach) The young deckhand and adventurer [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48016279] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/480163/48016279_350.png[/img] [/url] ------------------------------------------------------- On a moderate sized cargo ship lived a cyan colored wildclaw by the name of Tachyeres or simply Tach. He sighed as he began packing what few possessions he owned into a basket. His crewmates had been trying their best to persuade him to leave sailor life and explore the world, while he was still young. Because there is much more than just oceans and ports. Tach really didn’t want to leave since the ocean was all he had really known and it’s soothing waves were comforting to be around. Unlike on land where there is no comfort that he knew of, just chaos and danger at every passing turn. But if going on this little adventure will make his crewmates happy, then he was willing to forget about his fears and worries and go explore. Besides how long could it take, it’s not like he was going to permanently reside on the land. He was just going to explore a few sights and be back on his good ol’ cargo ship home. Once Tach had packed his belongings he went up to the deck of the ship and said his goodbyes to his crewmates ,and told them that he’d be back before they knew it. Tach’s crewmates just laughed. They all knew that Tach would learn to love exploring the land, and not want to come back once he gets a taste of what it’s like. Tach just ignored their laughter as he stepped off the ship and on to the dock. Every inch of his being felt as if it just wanted to scramble back on to the boat. But if he did that, he knew he’d never here the end of it from his crewmates. He took a deep breath, and told himself that it’s just like all the other port visits, only he’d just be on land for a little bit longer than usual. Once he made it off the dock, Tach looked back and seen his crewmates waving goodbye. Tach waved back but had to look away as he felt a sudden rush of emotions and tears fill up in his eyes. He had just now realized that he wasn’t just leaving his home but his family as well. Tach eventually was able to force himself out of the port town and step into what was a whole new world to him. Light green grass and bamboo covered the landscape and the breeze smelt different than the salty sea breeze that he was used to. This was all so strange to Tach and he wasn’t really sure how to take in his new surroundings. After awhile of taking in the scenery Tach began to move forward since that’s all he could really do now. Since going back home to his cozy home was no longer an option for him. The grassy landscape felt like it went on forever with no civilizations in sight. eventually he came to a canyon like area with what seemed to be a swarm of wildclaws because there were so many going to and fro in the vicinity. Tach approached them and the wildclaws all greeted him kindly, and pointed him to an inn. Tach thanked them and rushed over to the inn as fast as his tired legs could take him. It felt like he had been walking an eternity and was glad to finally get some much needed rest. Little did Tach know, but this clan would soon be his home away from home. ------------------------------------------------------- [outfit=707734] ((I have more lore figured out for him, but there wasn’t any way to squeeze it in without it distracting from the story)) [/center]
@Decaffeinated
Tachyeres (nicknamed Tach)
The young deckhand and adventurer

48016279_350.png

On a moderate sized cargo ship lived a cyan colored wildclaw by the name of Tachyeres or simply Tach. He sighed as he began packing what few possessions he owned into a basket. His crewmates had been trying their best to persuade him to leave sailor life and explore the world, while he was still young. Because there is much more than just oceans and ports.
Tach really didn’t want to leave since the ocean was all he had really known and it’s soothing waves were comforting to be around. Unlike on land where there is no comfort that he knew of, just chaos and danger at every passing turn. But if going on this little adventure will make his crewmates happy, then he was willing to forget about his fears and worries and go explore. Besides how long could it take, it’s not like he was going to permanently reside on the land. He was just going to explore a few sights and be back on his good ol’ cargo ship home.

Once Tach had packed his belongings he went up to the deck of the ship and said his goodbyes to his crewmates ,and told them that he’d be back before they knew it.
Tach’s crewmates just laughed. They all knew that Tach would learn to love exploring the land, and not want to come back once he gets a taste of what it’s like.
Tach just ignored their laughter as he stepped off the ship and on to the dock. Every inch of his being felt as if it just wanted to scramble back on to the boat. But if he did that, he knew he’d never here the end of it from his crewmates. He took a deep breath, and told himself that it’s just like all the other port visits, only he’d just be on land for a little bit longer than usual.
Once he made it off the dock, Tach looked back and seen his crewmates waving goodbye. Tach waved back but had to look away as he felt a sudden rush of emotions and tears fill up in his eyes. He had just now realized that he wasn’t just leaving his home but his family as well.

Tach eventually was able to force himself out of the port town and step into what was a whole new world to him. Light green grass and bamboo covered the landscape and the breeze smelt different than the salty sea breeze that he was used to. This was all so strange to Tach and he wasn’t really sure how to take in his new surroundings.
After awhile of taking in the scenery Tach began to move forward since that’s all he could really do now. Since going back home to his cozy home was no longer an option for him.
The grassy landscape felt like it went on forever with no civilizations in sight. eventually he came to a canyon like area with what seemed to be a swarm of wildclaws because there were so many going to and fro in the vicinity. Tach approached them and the wildclaws all greeted him kindly, and pointed him to an inn. Tach thanked them and rushed over to the inn as fast as his tired legs could take him. It felt like he had been walking an eternity and was glad to finally get some much needed rest.

Little did Tach know, but this clan would soon be his home away from home.

Not Found

((I have more lore figured out for him, but there wasn’t any way to squeeze it in without it distracting from the story))
tumblr_inline_o8pnmbVxfC1ts73zp_540.png
@MermaidLorelei May I have this beauty [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48392302] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/483924/48392302_350.png[/img] [/url]
@MermaidLorelei

May I have this beauty

48392302_350.png
KaL7agX.png jbMnTvf.png Z4Vhp7P.png
@DevonAkabane Held.
@DevonAkabane Held.
MKHInJR.png__gfCdYdH.gif7GFlGJN.pngE2bewfg.pngNk21WD8.pngdVEhpEt.pngpsOFjGK.pngXRLXA9U.pngNi33GGx.pngkFw6KP5.pngjtUkEZ1.pngtp1eAiM.png3JLBG44.pngLTXo08g.pngQAOWWhZ.pngfnhaNrg.png_
@mermaidlorelei [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48004814] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/480049/48004814_350.png[/img] [/url] Smoke rose from the charring bracken with every step he took. He had to keep moving. In a place as forested as this, lingering for even a few moments would generate so much heat that a blaze would spring up at his feet. It had happened before – and he was tired of watching forests burn to the ground around him. He had no idea why he’d been made this way. For surely, he was a made thing – he did not remember a childhood, he did not remember parents. All he remembered was the walk, the eternal walk, looking for some place to rest, to be, to belong. He had tried for more moons than he could count, but so far he had found nothing but fear, destruction and rejection. So he kept walking. Leaves curled and singed as they brushed against his vivid green hide. Waves shimmered off him, distorting sound and light. Dew sizzled as it dripped off the trees above onto his back, boiling into vapor, and then nothingness. He shouldn’t be a living thing. But live he did. And he kept walking. Following…something. There was something strange, about this part of the forest. Something was there besides the trees, besides the animals and tearful breeze. Something lurked in the shadows, watching him…inviting him. That was what he followed. Mist rose about him, and soon the constant hiss of vapor was the only noise. He turned his head, this way and that – shadows and forest were blending into one in this strange, formless forest. Was it natural for mist to rise with such swiftness? And such thickness? Soon he wouldn’t be able to see the end of his nose, if it kept on like this… Soon, the end of his nose hit a wall of stone, making him stop and step back in surprise. Aware of the heating mud under his claws, Ezran stepped back, stretching his neck to its full length to look up at the building before him. Stone, old stone, moss covered, scratched and often repaired. Multi-storied, this building was ancient and, he felt…somehow sacred. And there was a light burning at once of the windows. He almost turned away – to try again would surely mean nothing but another rejection. But that feeling…of something calling him on… He did turn, but only to the door. He stood on the stone doorstep, took a deep breath, sighed out a cloud of heated vapor and raised a claw to knock- But the door was flung open before he could so much as touch it. He blinked in surprise as a skull-masked mirror declared, “Ah, THERE you are! Most honored guest! Most treasured of souls! Please! Do us the honor of entering our humble abode!” The fellow bowed, his great spread of antlers almost grazing Ezaran’z luminous chest. Ezaran stared at him, “You…are expecting me?” His voice cracked – it had been days since he’d spoke to anyone at all. “Of course!” The mirror said, his stance somehow conveying a warm smile despite the mask. “For ages now! We have everything prepared – food, water, a place for you to sit and rest. We even cleared the rugs for you!” “Rugs?” “Yes, rugs!” The mirror chuckled. “Don’t want to start a fire, do we?” He tapped his skull with a tok-tok noise, and said, “Cerva was very insistent! Said you would prefer not to be around anything flammable.” Cerva. He knew at once that name belonged to the whisper of a presence that had guided him here. “I see,” he said at last. The mirror beamed at him, and stepped aside, holding the door open wide for him. “Won’t you come in? Have something to eat? I’m sure you’re just dying to get off your feet for a time.” Ezaran, still not believing his luck, stepped forwards into the stone hallway. “Indeed,” he said. “I am. To finally rest would be most wonderful.” And the mirror smiled, closing the door behind him.
@mermaidlorelei

48004814_350.png

Smoke rose from the charring bracken with every step he took.

He had to keep moving. In a place as forested as this, lingering for even a few moments would generate so much heat that a blaze would spring up at his feet. It had happened before – and he was tired of watching forests burn to the ground around him.

He had no idea why he’d been made this way. For surely, he was a made thing – he did not remember a childhood, he did not remember parents. All he remembered was the walk, the eternal walk, looking for some place to rest, to be, to belong.

He had tried for more moons than he could count, but so far he had found nothing but fear, destruction and rejection.

So he kept walking.

Leaves curled and singed as they brushed against his vivid green hide. Waves shimmered off him, distorting sound and light. Dew sizzled as it dripped off the trees above onto his back, boiling into vapor, and then nothingness.

He shouldn’t be a living thing. But live he did. And he kept walking.

Following…something.

There was something strange, about this part of the forest. Something was there besides the trees, besides the animals and tearful breeze. Something lurked in the shadows, watching him…inviting him.

That was what he followed.

Mist rose about him, and soon the constant hiss of vapor was the only noise. He turned his head, this way and that – shadows and forest were blending into one in this strange, formless forest. Was it natural for mist to rise with such swiftness? And such thickness? Soon he wouldn’t be able to see the end of his nose, if it kept on like this…

Soon, the end of his nose hit a wall of stone, making him stop and step back in surprise.

Aware of the heating mud under his claws, Ezran stepped back, stretching his neck to its full length to look up at the building before him. Stone, old stone, moss covered, scratched and often repaired. Multi-storied, this building was ancient and, he felt…somehow sacred.

And there was a light burning at once of the windows.

He almost turned away – to try again would surely mean nothing but another rejection. But that feeling…of something calling him on…

He did turn, but only to the door. He stood on the stone doorstep, took a deep breath, sighed out a cloud of heated vapor and raised a claw to knock-

But the door was flung open before he could so much as touch it. He blinked in surprise as a skull-masked mirror declared, “Ah, THERE you are! Most honored guest! Most treasured of souls! Please! Do us the honor of entering our humble abode!”

The fellow bowed, his great spread of antlers almost grazing Ezaran’z luminous chest. Ezaran stared at him, “You…are expecting me?” His voice cracked – it had been days since he’d spoke to anyone at all.

“Of course!” The mirror said, his stance somehow conveying a warm smile despite the mask. “For ages now! We have everything prepared – food, water, a place for you to sit and rest. We even cleared the rugs for you!”

“Rugs?”

“Yes, rugs!” The mirror chuckled. “Don’t want to start a fire, do we?” He tapped his skull with a tok-tok noise, and said, “Cerva was very insistent! Said you would prefer not to be around anything flammable.”

Cerva. He knew at once that name belonged to the whisper of a presence that had guided him here. “I see,” he said at last.

The mirror beamed at him, and stepped aside, holding the door open wide for him. “Won’t you come in? Have something to eat? I’m sure you’re just dying to get off your feet for a time.”

Ezaran, still not believing his luck, stepped forwards into the stone hallway. “Indeed,” he said. “I am. To finally rest would be most wonderful.”

And the mirror smiled, closing the door behind him.
My Plague Doctor Picture book THE DOCTOR AND THE DRAGON is now for sale!Clearly you already like dragons...but what about plague doctors?
@MisterArtist Hoo boy, that's an interesting (and likely deadly) combo you've introduced. Sevens' mind could see so many fascinating options for a being like Ezaran...
@MisterArtist Hoo boy, that's an interesting (and likely deadly) combo you've introduced. Sevens' mind could see so many fascinating options for a being like Ezaran...
@Decaffeinated here's my lore for the Manly Man! [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47273804] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/472739/47273804_350.png[/img] [/url] There were many Manly Men in the clan, but Isavar was THE Manly Man Of The Clan. All the other Manly Men were awed by him. "How does he do it?" they whispered among themselves. His colors were a stylish rose pink, and his genes of Petal and Butterfly worked together flawlessly. But it wasn't that. Isavar just had an air about him that earned respect--didn't command it, didn't even ask for it, but earned it without a question. Everyone loved him and looked up to the head of the Manly Council. For the February Manly Men Tea Party, they decorated with a whimsical Alice in Wonderland theme befitting the Trickmurk Circus. The day of the event was a rainy one, but no one minded (half of them used to belong to the Water flight anyway). All of the Manly Men were dressed in glitter and flowers and wearing masquerade masks. Isavar, as was his personal tradition, left the Manly Table to sit with the common folk. He made his rounds, pouring tea for other dragons out of his teapot hat and making everyone feel manly with his engaging conversation. He had on a lovely white swan mask. A huge snapper named Clover--Coliseum fighter and head hunter of the clan--eagerly grabbed his attention as soon as he came to his table. "Your Manliness!" "Hey, Clover! How have you been? I heard you and Sian had a nest." "We did, and the hatchlings were beautiful, but I wanted to ask you about something." "Oh. What is it?" "Please, sir, what makes a man Manly? I've been longing to join the Council for some time now, but I never seem to be considered. It's not because of my colors, is it? I know all this green doesn't exactly befit a Manly Man..." Isavar shook his head. "Oh, no! Manliness has nothing to do with appearance. That would be nuts! Being Manly is like...like..." He thought for a minute. Jello, who had been listening intently, chimed in. "Being a Manly Man means you take care of your family!" he said. "Like how Isavar always spends time with his step-hatchlings." "And you don't ever get in fights with other dragons," a spiral guard continued. "You just accept that you're the bigger dragon and move on." "And real Men show their feelings without being ashamed!" Corona said from another table. "Ecstasy talks to me about all his worries and concerns." Clover munched on a cookie, deep in thought. Isavar did all of those things, and Clover could see now that he did not. His Manliness was a true inspiration. [/center] [i](I write with a word counter, and it told me I used the word "Manly" twelve times while writing this)[/i]
@Decaffeinated

here's my lore for the Manly Man!

47273804_350.png

There were many Manly Men in the clan, but Isavar was THE Manly Man Of The Clan.
All the other Manly Men were awed by him. "How does he do it?" they whispered among themselves. His colors were a stylish rose pink, and his genes of Petal and Butterfly worked together flawlessly. But it wasn't that. Isavar just had an air about him that earned respect--didn't command it, didn't even ask for it, but earned it without a question. Everyone loved him and looked up to the head of the Manly Council.
For the February Manly Men Tea Party, they decorated with a whimsical Alice in Wonderland theme befitting the Trickmurk Circus. The day of the event was a rainy one, but no one minded (half of them used to belong to the Water flight anyway). All of the Manly Men were dressed in glitter and flowers and wearing masquerade masks.
Isavar, as was his personal tradition, left the Manly Table to sit with the common folk. He made his rounds, pouring tea for other dragons out of his teapot hat and making everyone feel manly with his engaging conversation. He had on a lovely white swan mask. A huge snapper named Clover--Coliseum fighter and head hunter of the clan--eagerly grabbed his attention as soon as he came to his table.
"Your Manliness!"
"Hey, Clover! How have you been? I heard you and Sian had a nest."
"We did, and the hatchlings were beautiful, but I wanted to ask you about something."
"Oh. What is it?"
"Please, sir, what makes a man Manly? I've been longing to join the Council for some time now, but I never seem to be considered. It's not because of my colors, is it? I know all this green doesn't exactly befit a Manly Man..."
Isavar shook his head. "Oh, no! Manliness has nothing to do with appearance. That would be nuts! Being Manly is like...like..."
He thought for a minute. Jello, who had been listening intently, chimed in.
"Being a Manly Man means you take care of your family!" he said. "Like how Isavar always spends time with his step-hatchlings."
"And you don't ever get in fights with other dragons," a spiral guard continued. "You just accept that you're the bigger dragon and move on."
"And real Men show their feelings without being ashamed!" Corona said from another table. "Ecstasy talks to me about all his worries and concerns."
Clover munched on a cookie, deep in thought. Isavar did all of those things, and Clover could see now that he did not. His Manliness was a true inspiration.

(I write with a word counter, and it told me I used the word "Manly" twelve times while writing this)
QFXpYkj.png
@MermaidLorelei [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48392302] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/483924/48392302_350.png[/img] [/url] Lore: Aryanne overlooked the other dragons from her perch. She was regal and her sunset filigree shone even in the deepest dark, while the rest of her body was hidden. She was quite proud of it and it showed. She did have a big heart for the hatchlings though. She loved to teach them the ways of the world, and how to survive. Even if they were not hers, she still saw them as her own. Aryanne did most of her hunting at night. Her movements swift and silent. She loved going after larger prey like bulls, or even larger like elephants. She would use the ivory to decorate her cave. The furs she used to to line the floor. She was happy with her decor, and loved curling up on the warm floor. On super warm, sunny days she loved to go swimming in the lake. After her long swim, she would sunbathe on the grass next to the lake, the sun shining on her. The wonderful feeling of the sun on her scales. The black of her scales, and her dark green wings, helping to absorb the heat. When it comes to her clan, it was run by females. There were no males. The males only arrived during mating season, before leaving again after. When the male hatchlings come of age, they leave to join the other males. When clans get too big, some are chosen to leave to create new clans of their own. These clans too would grow grow. Aryanne would have helped taught those who formed those clans. With her help they too would become strong and grow. Grow into powerful clans with stunning dragons.
@MermaidLorelei

48392302_350.png

Lore:

Aryanne overlooked the other dragons from her perch. She was regal and her sunset filigree shone even in the deepest dark, while the rest of her body was hidden. She was quite proud of it and it showed. She did have a big heart for the hatchlings though. She loved to teach them the ways of the world, and how to survive. Even if they were not hers, she still saw them as her own.

Aryanne did most of her hunting at night. Her movements swift and silent. She loved going after larger prey like bulls, or even larger like elephants. She would use the ivory to decorate her cave. The furs she used to to line the floor. She was happy with her decor, and loved curling up on the warm floor.

On super warm, sunny days she loved to go swimming in the lake. After her long swim, she would sunbathe on the grass next to the lake, the sun shining on her. The wonderful feeling of the sun on her scales. The black of her scales, and her dark green wings, helping to absorb the heat.

When it comes to her clan, it was run by females. There were no males. The males only arrived during mating season, before leaving again after. When the male hatchlings come of age, they leave to join the other males. When clans get too big, some are chosen to leave to create new clans of their own.

These clans too would grow grow. Aryanne would have helped taught those who formed those clans. With her help they too would become strong and grow. Grow into powerful clans with stunning dragons.
KaL7agX.png jbMnTvf.png Z4Vhp7P.png
1 2 ... 164 165 166 167 168 ... 706 707