Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | [Earth CYOA] Campout In Cairnstone!
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18 19
I've sent 20kt to @CakeCafe

A. I think we should choose the safest option, after all, not all dragons can fly, and some might end up injured if they hit a sharp rock in the dark on their way down to the large cavern through the opening.
I've sent 20kt to @CakeCafe

A. I think we should choose the safest option, after all, not all dragons can fly, and some might end up injured if they hit a sharp rock in the dark on their way down to the large cavern through the opening.
69nIsKW.pngZZyKFJK.gifaeepzid.pngK5Ygz6H.gifkQ6a9lN.pnghYGY1dA.gifs934ycP.png
@CakeCafe I'll vote for option B, the dangerous route! Dragons coming in a sec

Dear Janice,

It looks like this camp isn't completely filled with featherbrains after all. The leaders surveyed all the expedition members and eventually decided to look for supplies in the first site survey. The response was overwhelming towards the sensible option, which makes me feel a bit better about being here without you. Still, I can't shake the feeling that having such indecisive leaders is bad sign; what would happen in an emergency, if they weren't able to survey every tagalong and camp cook?

I'm not that worried though. You know I can take care of myself, and this is already looking to be much easier than a lot of our previous digs. We've already come up with multiple entrance points to the caverns and the leaders are putting it to a vote again which one to use. Most of the entrances are small and would be difficult to navigate, but there is one larger one. The only problem is that it's at the top of a significant drop-off.

This time, I did speak up at the camp meeting. I argued that with the money we'd saved by scrounging, it would be easy to replace any supplies lost or ruined in the dropoff. Nearly all the expedition members are capable of flight, and enough of us are large breeds that it would be easy to carry the rest down. None of the narrow passages have been fully scouted yet; what if we were to commit to one and have it be a dead end? Or, for that matter, what if it contained any wall paintings or fragile artifacts? We'd have to turn around and lose time to avoid destroying the very things we're here to find!

I made my points very eloquently, and I'm fairly sure we'll take the larger route. There's only one reason I didn't give them, and I'll only share it here with you, because, frankly, it's a selfish one. Very few of the smaller tunnels would fit an Imperial, let alone one of my size, and I'm not willing to be left behind or risk missing out on any discovery.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

Missing you terribly,
Mel

P.S. Return my library books, will you? I forgot to take them back before I left and I don't want Josie mad at me. They should be on my desk. Thank you!

P.P.S. Here's your reminder to water my plants. I know you said you would, but I know you and I know you forget.

Signing off (for real this time!),
Mel
@CakeCafe I'll vote for option B, the dangerous route! Dragons coming in a sec

Dear Janice,

It looks like this camp isn't completely filled with featherbrains after all. The leaders surveyed all the expedition members and eventually decided to look for supplies in the first site survey. The response was overwhelming towards the sensible option, which makes me feel a bit better about being here without you. Still, I can't shake the feeling that having such indecisive leaders is bad sign; what would happen in an emergency, if they weren't able to survey every tagalong and camp cook?

I'm not that worried though. You know I can take care of myself, and this is already looking to be much easier than a lot of our previous digs. We've already come up with multiple entrance points to the caverns and the leaders are putting it to a vote again which one to use. Most of the entrances are small and would be difficult to navigate, but there is one larger one. The only problem is that it's at the top of a significant drop-off.

This time, I did speak up at the camp meeting. I argued that with the money we'd saved by scrounging, it would be easy to replace any supplies lost or ruined in the dropoff. Nearly all the expedition members are capable of flight, and enough of us are large breeds that it would be easy to carry the rest down. None of the narrow passages have been fully scouted yet; what if we were to commit to one and have it be a dead end? Or, for that matter, what if it contained any wall paintings or fragile artifacts? We'd have to turn around and lose time to avoid destroying the very things we're here to find!

I made my points very eloquently, and I'm fairly sure we'll take the larger route. There's only one reason I didn't give them, and I'll only share it here with you, because, frankly, it's a selfish one. Very few of the smaller tunnels would fit an Imperial, let alone one of my size, and I'm not willing to be left behind or risk missing out on any discovery.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

Missing you terribly,
Mel

P.S. Return my library books, will you? I forgot to take them back before I left and I don't want Josie mad at me. They should be on my desk. Thank you!

P.P.S. Here's your reminder to water my plants. I know you said you would, but I know you and I know you forget.

Signing off (for real this time!),
Mel
Someday, the whole sky is going to light up, and it's gonna say, "TILT."
And that's gonna be the end of the world.

Artshop * Adopts * Skins
@CakeCafe CR just sent! ----- [columns][color=transparent]__[/color][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/352474/35247349p.png[/img][nextcol][color=transparent]__[/color][nextcol] [i]Dear father, As I suspected, we split off into groups to scout the area for supplies. I feel good about this group knowing the majority chose not to waste our funds on something so easily accessed. It's a fairly large area so I believe we'll find more than enough of what we need.[/i] [/columns] [i]The medical supplies you sent along will be appreciated, I feel like it's a real possibility that someone may get injured in these caves. The three rookies sent along have proven to be a great help also, their massive size is appreciated for all that they can carry. It's nice to see some sibling banter between them, reminds me of Tivoli and I when we were young. Tell her I said hi, and that I miss her. I feel rather conflicted about the decision ahead of us; we must choose between slowly navigating a narrow cave system to eventually find a large cavern to set up camp, or fly down to a larger cavern carrying everything, in pitch black darkness. Personally I'd feel more comfortable taking the smaller cave system so I don't have to fly as much, and looking around the camp I feel it'll be a pretty even split. There are many dragons who wouldn't want to fly, but there are also a few larger ones who may not feel safe in a narrow corridor. Overall my vote will be to take the [b]safer, yet more time consuming option of the narrow cave systems[/b]. As always, whatever can be sent is appreciated. Thank you. - Yzorik. [/i]
@CakeCafe CR just sent!

__35247349p.png __ Dear father,

As I suspected, we split off into groups to scout the area for supplies. I feel good about this group knowing the majority chose not to waste our funds on something so easily accessed. It's a fairly large area so I believe we'll find more than enough of what we need.

The medical supplies you sent along will be appreciated, I feel like it's a real possibility that someone may get injured in these caves. The three rookies sent along have proven to be a great help also, their massive size is appreciated for all that they can carry. It's nice to see some sibling banter between them, reminds me of Tivoli and I when we were young. Tell her I said hi, and that I miss her.

I feel rather conflicted about the decision ahead of us; we must choose between slowly navigating a narrow cave system to eventually find a large cavern to set up camp, or fly down to a larger cavern carrying everything, in pitch black darkness. Personally I'd feel more comfortable taking the smaller cave system so I don't have to fly as much, and looking around the camp I feel it'll be a pretty even split. There are many dragons who wouldn't want to fly, but there are also a few larger ones who may not feel safe in a narrow corridor. Overall my vote will be to take the safer, yet more time consuming option of the narrow cave systems.

As always, whatever can be sent is appreciated. Thank you.

- Yzorik.
scuz me, what u
doin?
gems_badge_100.png
My mama's better than yours!
treasure_badge_100.png nosy, aren't ya?
@CakeCafe

B. Choose the much faster, but more dangerous option of the large cavern in the lower depths

@CakeCafe

B. Choose the much faster, but more dangerous option of the large cavern in the lower depths

e0E8Rzw.png
Today, I vote for path A: Take the safer route. Getting through quicker wouldn't be worth it if dragons were hurt or killed, and we have quite a few novice adventurers with us!

CR sent to @CakeCafe!
Today, I vote for path A: Take the safer route. Getting through quicker wouldn't be worth it if dragons were hurt or killed, and we have quite a few novice adventurers with us!

CR sent to @CakeCafe!
event-sig-small-4.png
@CakeCafe Sending CR with a team for my vote: [u]B. Choose the much faster, but more dangerous option of the large cavern in the lower depths.[/u] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32951615] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/329517/32951615p.png[/img] [/url] [i]Jannie, It was a lot of extra work, but I feel proud of all the supplies I gathered. No, we gathered. It'd be too selfish to not give them due credit, huh? I'm feeling confident, like we could survive ages out here. We've reached another decision; which tunnels to use. There are many narrow paths, but they seem mazelike. The other viable option is much larger, but it's at the end of a large drop down. I'll admit, my answer wasn't immediately obvious to me. I pitched in my support for the larger tunnel, but I had to first be swayed by a pretty persuasive argument from a Nocturne warrior. As long as we take the proper care, we should be fine. And... Admittedly, I think I'd feel more secure with my fellows beside me, instead of behind me. Maybe I'm still a bit selfish; this route would be faster, and I'm so eager to see what the depths hold! And... I accepted from the beginning that this would be a long trip, but I can't wait to go back home victorious. Is that too bold, before the adventure even truly goes anywhere? I feel... young. Not really in a bad way, but I can feel my relative inexperience more around these admirable dragons. I can learn a lot, if I listen to them. This vote doesn't have as clear of a response yet from the camp as a whole, and that's... kinda worrying. I appreciate that the expedition leaders are listening to us, using our input, but... I hope a particularly split decision won't put a row between any of us. We all need to work together. Though I'm sure I'm worrying too much, everyone's still getting along just fine. -Love, Khonor[/i]
@CakeCafe Sending CR with a team for my vote: B. Choose the much faster, but more dangerous option of the large cavern in the lower depths.

32951615p.png

Jannie,

It was a lot of extra work, but I feel proud of all the supplies I gathered. No, we gathered. It'd be too selfish to not give them due credit, huh? I'm feeling confident, like we could survive ages out here.

We've reached another decision; which tunnels to use. There are many narrow paths, but they seem mazelike. The other viable option is much larger, but it's at the end of a large drop down. I'll admit, my answer wasn't immediately obvious to me. I pitched in my support for the larger tunnel, but I had to first be swayed by a pretty persuasive argument from a Nocturne warrior. As long as we take the proper care, we should be fine. And... Admittedly, I think I'd feel more secure with my fellows beside me, instead of behind me. Maybe I'm still a bit selfish; this route would be faster, and I'm so eager to see what the depths hold! And... I accepted from the beginning that this would be a long trip, but I can't wait to go back home victorious. Is that too bold, before the adventure even truly goes anywhere?

I feel... young. Not really in a bad way, but I can feel my relative inexperience more around these admirable dragons. I can learn a lot, if I listen to them.

This vote doesn't have as clear of a response yet from the camp as a whole, and that's... kinda worrying. I appreciate that the expedition leaders are listening to us, using our input, but... I hope a particularly split decision won't put a row between any of us. We all need to work together. Though I'm sure I'm worrying too much, everyone's still getting along just fine.

-Love,
Khonor
I came back to over 25 notifications so just give me a while to sort through everything, get everyone all recorded and all. I will be taking things one by one :>
I came back to over 25 notifications so just give me a while to sort through everything, get everyone all recorded and all. I will be taking things one by one :>
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/2497817/3#post_34642131][i]Previous[/i] [/url] ---- [i]Hey Jorsin! We- yes, I know we don't have to, that's not- Jorsin. Please let me finish? ...Thank you. What I contacted you to tell you was that if you wanna send up some more trainees- yes, I know we're explorers! If you want to send up some more of us, anyway, you probably could, cuz apparently some of the others ran off. I know, right? Who's afraid of a simple curse? ...Ha, yes, I'm sure Yache would have a field day with them. That's all I wanted to say, though. Yes, yes. I will. Bye.[/i] ---- "...Shouldn't they be here by now?" Seina grumbled, barely lifting her head from the ground, still cool under the early morning sun. "You'd think... I contacted Jorsin as soon as we heard about the runaways," Seref replied, winding in tight coils through the air. "You're going to get yourself tangled," Dolce told him. "I knooooow..." [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43715142][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/437152/43715142.png[/img][/url] "Yeah, Seref, you better listen to- oof!" "PELIIIIIIIIIIIII!" Seref shouted, darting towards the source of the voice immediately and wrapping himself around his brother. "Did Jorsin send you guys!?" "Yes... please stop constricting me..." "Sorry, sorry!" Meanwhile, two other dragons had walked up. "Oh, uh... Heyyyy, Axi..." Seina's eye shifted nervously between the new Fae and Dolce. "And hi, Saxon." [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43776796][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/437768/43776796.png[/img][/url] "Don't snarl at me like that," Aximilo snapped, neck twisting and craning to look up at Seina from her low prowling position. "Like you're one to talk!" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43715138][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/437152/43715138.png[/img][/url] "Ladies, please-" "Shut up, Saxon, nobody wants to hear your lame attempts at flirting," Seina immediately interrupted. Saxon frowned but kept quiet, looking away from the others. "You know she can't help the growling," Dolce said. "What, like you can't help your deadpan?" Aximilo retorted. "Please. You're just not trying hard enough." "No, really, could we please-" Saxon's words were cut off by the two Spirals returning to the conversation, Seref still curled around his brother. "So, Seref told me a bit, but how have things been here?" Pelindar asked. "Well, not much has happened yet," Seina said. "We mostly went around and scavenged some supplies the past couple of days." "Against our better judgement," Dolce added. "Hey, I don't know about you, but I had fun. I learned a lot about Dragonhome from the Earth dragons in camp." "Anyway, the camp scavanged for supplies. Yesterday, a potential alternate route was discovered into the Rest, but they're waiting to gather the camp's opinions before they decide which to take." Pelindar raised a brow. "You didn't tell me they were leaving these kinds of things to a vote," he said, turning to look at Seref. "Yep! The camp voted on whether to scavenge for the supplies or buy them, too." "So," Pelindar turned his attention back to the group as a whole, "what were you thinking?" "The two routes are as follows," Dolce began. "There is a set of narrow, winding tunnels that lead into the Rest. Those were known from the beginning, but some are concerned about the lack of room or that they'll be dead ends. The second one, discovered yesterday, is much wider, but is situated partway down a cliff, and getting to it may be dangerous." "Well, the choice seems obvious to me, then. Why risk dragons on an already potentially dangerous expedition?" "You sound like a coward," Aximilo said. "And how do you plan on getting down there, Miss Flying-Is-For-Lesser-Beings?" Seina shot back, smirking. "I can climb," Aximilo sniffed. "You'd also have to be carrying supplies..." Saxon pointed out, being the one who was currently shouldering theirs. "Personally," Seina continued, completely ignoring him, "I don't think we'd have much trouble in the narrow caves, ourselves. We're all pretty small, right? And I haven't seen a whole lot of big dragons around." "Do you wanna be marching all day to get to a camping spot, though?" Seref asked. "I don't mind," she answered, shrugging. "Besides, nobody's explored the other one. We could be going just as long." "But nobody's explored it. Sounds like the most optimal opportunity to me," Aximilo said, Saxon nodding along. "How would we get all the supplies down there, though? What if there's any dragons who can't fly?" Pelindar glanced over at Aximilo, who glared back. "You use ropes, obviously," she growled. "This wouldn't be a [i]problem[/i] if you'd just learn to use magic or practice flying like a [i]normal [/i]dragon-" "Shut [i]up[/i], Seina!" Aximilo shrieked, her wings and crests arcing out in an impressively large display. Seina leaned back a bit, but continued to glare at her, even as Dolce sat impassively by them both. "Aren't sisters supposed to get along?" Saxon murmured to himself. "For the safety of this group," Pelindar said, raising his voice slightly and shifting to put himself between the two, even as Seref wrapped tighter around him, "[b]I believe the narrow paths would be best.[/b] If you wish to vote for the other path, so be it," he looked to Aximilo, "but I know my conclusion." Dolce dipped her head in a way the others understood to mean agreement and Saxon nodded, adjusting the supplies on his back; it was obvious that Seref would agree with whatever his brother said. "I'm agreeing with him just to spite you," Seina said, then turned away. Aximilo growled. "Be that way, then! You're all pathetic anyway!" With that, she stormed off, her claws trailing tiny gouges in the earth. ---- [s]it strikes me now that introducing three dragons a day means i'll be dealing with twenty-one characters by the end of the week (provided nothing happens to our adventurers...) I may have miscalculated. But I am not one to back down! Aximilo seems to have left the group, anyway.[/s] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/2497817/9#post_34681751][i]Next[/i][/url]
Previous

----

Hey Jorsin! We- yes, I know we don't have to, that's not- Jorsin. Please let me finish? ...Thank you. What I contacted you to tell you was that if you wanna send up some more trainees- yes, I know we're explorers! If you want to send up some more of us, anyway, you probably could, cuz apparently some of the others ran off. I know, right? Who's afraid of a simple curse? ...Ha, yes, I'm sure Yache would have a field day with them. That's all I wanted to say, though. Yes, yes. I will. Bye.

----

"...Shouldn't they be here by now?" Seina grumbled, barely lifting her head from the ground, still cool under the early morning sun.

"You'd think... I contacted Jorsin as soon as we heard about the runaways," Seref replied, winding in tight coils through the air.

"You're going to get yourself tangled," Dolce told him.

"I knooooow..."

43715142.png

"Yeah, Seref, you better listen to- oof!"

"PELIIIIIIIIIIIII!" Seref shouted, darting towards the source of the voice immediately and wrapping himself around his brother. "Did Jorsin send you guys!?"

"Yes... please stop constricting me..."

"Sorry, sorry!"

Meanwhile, two other dragons had walked up.

"Oh, uh... Heyyyy, Axi..." Seina's eye shifted nervously between the new Fae and Dolce. "And hi, Saxon."

43776796.png

"Don't snarl at me like that," Aximilo snapped, neck twisting and craning to look up at Seina from her low prowling position.

"Like you're one to talk!"

43715138.png

"Ladies, please-"

"Shut up, Saxon, nobody wants to hear your lame attempts at flirting," Seina immediately interrupted. Saxon frowned but kept quiet, looking away from the others.

"You know she can't help the growling," Dolce said.

"What, like you can't help your deadpan?" Aximilo retorted. "Please. You're just not trying hard enough."

"No, really, could we please-"

Saxon's words were cut off by the two Spirals returning to the conversation, Seref still curled around his brother.

"So, Seref told me a bit, but how have things been here?" Pelindar asked.

"Well, not much has happened yet," Seina said. "We mostly went around and scavenged some supplies the past couple of days."

"Against our better judgement," Dolce added.

"Hey, I don't know about you, but I had fun. I learned a lot about Dragonhome from the Earth dragons in camp."

"Anyway, the camp scavanged for supplies. Yesterday, a potential alternate route was discovered into the Rest, but they're waiting to gather the camp's opinions before they decide which to take."

Pelindar raised a brow.

"You didn't tell me they were leaving these kinds of things to a vote," he said, turning to look at Seref.

"Yep! The camp voted on whether to scavenge for the supplies or buy them, too."

"So," Pelindar turned his attention back to the group as a whole, "what were you thinking?"

"The two routes are as follows," Dolce began. "There is a set of narrow, winding tunnels that lead into the Rest. Those were known from the beginning, but some are concerned about the lack of room or that they'll be dead ends. The second one, discovered yesterday, is much wider, but is situated partway down a cliff, and getting to it may be dangerous."

"Well, the choice seems obvious to me, then. Why risk dragons on an already potentially dangerous expedition?"

"You sound like a coward," Aximilo said.

"And how do you plan on getting down there, Miss Flying-Is-For-Lesser-Beings?" Seina shot back, smirking.

"I can climb," Aximilo sniffed.

"You'd also have to be carrying supplies..." Saxon pointed out, being the one who was currently shouldering theirs.

"Personally," Seina continued, completely ignoring him, "I don't think we'd have much trouble in the narrow caves, ourselves. We're all pretty small, right? And I haven't seen a whole lot of big dragons around."

"Do you wanna be marching all day to get to a camping spot, though?" Seref asked.

"I don't mind," she answered, shrugging. "Besides, nobody's explored the other one. We could be going just as long."

"But nobody's explored it. Sounds like the most optimal opportunity to me," Aximilo said, Saxon nodding along.

"How would we get all the supplies down there, though? What if there's any dragons who can't fly?" Pelindar glanced over at Aximilo, who glared back.

"You use ropes, obviously," she growled.

"This wouldn't be a problem if you'd just learn to use magic or practice flying like a normal dragon-"

"Shut up, Seina!" Aximilo shrieked, her wings and crests arcing out in an impressively large display. Seina leaned back a bit, but continued to glare at her, even as Dolce sat impassively by them both.

"Aren't sisters supposed to get along?" Saxon murmured to himself.

"For the safety of this group," Pelindar said, raising his voice slightly and shifting to put himself between the two, even as Seref wrapped tighter around him, "I believe the narrow paths would be best. If you wish to vote for the other path, so be it," he looked to Aximilo, "but I know my conclusion." Dolce dipped her head in a way the others understood to mean agreement and Saxon nodded, adjusting the supplies on his back; it was obvious that Seref would agree with whatever his brother said.

"I'm agreeing with him just to spite you," Seina said, then turned away.

Aximilo growled.

"Be that way, then! You're all pathetic anyway!" With that, she stormed off, her claws trailing tiny gouges in the earth.

----

it strikes me now that introducing three dragons a day means i'll be dealing with twenty-one characters by the end of the week (provided nothing happens to our adventurers...) I may have miscalculated. But I am not one to back down! Aximilo seems to have left the group, anyway.

Next
If you buy dragons from me to exalt, please name them first!
T5sUJyn.png
@CakeCafe

also pinglist me please
@CakeCafe

also pinglist me please
If you buy dragons from me to exalt, please name them first!
T5sUJyn.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=360191] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/3602/360191_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] @CakeCafe Sending 3 dargons and my vote goes towards: A. Choose the safer, more time consuming option of the narrow cave systems.

@CakeCafe Sending 3 dargons and my vote goes towards:

A. Choose the safer, more time consuming option of the narrow cave systems.

1Tdrm4y.pngo3rXXkG.gif
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18 19