Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [WindDom] The Great Denim Trial (END)
1 2 3
[center][i].[/i] [i].[/i] [i].[/i] [i]At first, it was just a flutter. A gentle oscillation in the arcane energies of the realm, a discordant after-tone in nature's song. Then came the mutterings, growing darker and darker until it was clear that no part of this would be gentle. Their first emissary crawled through the largest of the rifts tearing open the sky, its low, sibilant hiss more like the brush of cloth against cloth than the voice of a living being.[/i] [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=3504835&skin=0&apparel=37884,28800,32713&xt=dressing.png[/img][/center] [i]Greed. Hubris. Violence, it accused. The sins of the inhabitants of this world had grown so vast, so dark, that it had begun to cast a shadow on their own world through the veil, like a cloud drifting in front of the sun. This could not continue.[/i] [i]This world could not continue.[/i] [i]And yet a chance, offered. The emissary stretched open its gaping maw, and from its dark depths spewed forth one last test, one final trial by which to judge the inhabitants of Sornieth.[/i] [i]In the souls of all living beings, capacity for both good and evil. But potential can be nestled gently within, easily jostled free, or buried deep, deep, heavy beneath tar. For this trial, to judge accurately, to overlook nothing, the arena would be the centerpiece of civilization, the one shining light that these denizens of the Jenim Realm (the Jealm) valued above all else:[/i] [i][b]Denim.[/b][/i] [/center] __________________________________________________________________ [center] [emoji=wind rune size=2] [/center] Hello! Welcome to the Jeans Push! As Water and Wind join hands to wash laundry this week, [b]help save Sornieth from total annihilation[/b] by voting in some fun denim-related polls! Ever wish FR had Tumblr polls? Just love seeing two sides fight? Want justice to prevail for the [i]obviously[/i] objectively correct answer? Alternatively, just want the most cursed answer to win? Jump in and have fun while supporting Wind's dominance efforts! Also, remember, [b]the fate of Sornieth rests in your hands.[/b] ___________________________________________________________________ [center][b][u]HOW IT WORKS[/u][/b][/center] The Jenizens, fateful servants of the Jeansinger, are prepared to destroy Sornieth, having deemed its peoples a threat to the balance of the worlds and unworthy of continuing on their destructive path. But the Jenizens are not ones to act rashly, nor are they beings bent on destruction for destruction's sake. Denim is a physical manifestation of good in their eyes, and if this sacred material exists in this world, surely it is not beyond saving. So they're putting forth a great trial to test the peoples of Sornieth, in the form of questions pertaining to material from their most revered ancient texts on virtue and morality. In other words... If Sornieth is still standing at the end of this week, that means the winning answers were deemed the "correct" answers in the eyes of the Jenizens and peace has been restored to the land! So the winning answers will forever be canonically, in the history of Sornieth, the true, right answers to their questions. According to the ancient and infinite wisdom of the Jenizens, that is. There will be 8 questions, open for voting all week. Each vote will cost [b]10,000t[/b] or [b]10g[/b]. There will also be a bonus question that you can only vote in if you've already voted for one of the other questions. Badges will also be available for achieving certain criteria, or for purchase. Votes will be automatically tracked through Google Forms. Check in at the end of the week to see the conclusion to this great and terrible event in Sornieth's history!

At first, it was just a flutter. A gentle oscillation in the arcane energies of the realm, a discordant after-tone in nature's song. Then came the mutterings, growing darker and darker until it was clear that no part of this would be gentle.

Their first emissary crawled through the largest of the rifts tearing open the sky, its low, sibilant hiss more like the brush of cloth against cloth than the voice of a living being.
scry?sdid=3504835&skin=0&apparel=37884,28800,32713&xt=dressing.png

Greed. Hubris. Violence, it accused. The sins of the inhabitants of this world had grown so vast, so dark, that it had begun to cast a shadow on their own world through the veil, like a cloud drifting in front of the sun. This could not continue.

This world could not continue.

And yet a chance, offered. The emissary stretched open its gaping maw, and from its dark depths spewed forth one last test, one final trial by which to judge the inhabitants of Sornieth.

In the souls of all living beings, capacity for both good and evil. But potential can be nestled gently within, easily jostled free, or buried deep, deep, heavy beneath tar. For this trial, to judge accurately, to overlook nothing, the arena would be the centerpiece of civilization, the one shining light that these denizens of the Jenim Realm (the Jealm) valued above all else:

Denim.

Hello! Welcome to the Jeans Push! As Water and Wind join hands to wash laundry this week, help save Sornieth from total annihilation by voting in some fun denim-related polls!

Ever wish FR had Tumblr polls? Just love seeing two sides fight? Want justice to prevail for the obviously objectively correct answer? Alternatively, just want the most cursed answer to win? Jump in and have fun while supporting Wind's dominance efforts! Also, remember, the fate of Sornieth rests in your hands.

The Jenizens, fateful servants of the Jeansinger, are prepared to destroy Sornieth, having deemed its peoples a threat to the balance of the worlds and unworthy of continuing on their destructive path. But the Jenizens are not ones to act rashly, nor are they beings bent on destruction for destruction's sake. Denim is a physical manifestation of good in their eyes, and if this sacred material exists in this world, surely it is not beyond saving. So they're putting forth a great trial to test the peoples of Sornieth, in the form of questions pertaining to material from their most revered ancient texts on virtue and morality.

In other words...

If Sornieth is still standing at the end of this week, that means the winning answers were deemed the "correct" answers in the eyes of the Jenizens and peace has been restored to the land! So the winning answers will forever be canonically, in the history of Sornieth, the true, right answers to their questions. According to the ancient and infinite wisdom of the Jenizens, that is.

There will be 8 questions, open for voting all week. Each vote will cost 10,000t or 10g. There will also be a bonus question that you can only vote in if you've already voted for one of the other questions. Badges will also be available for achieving certain criteria, or for purchase.

Votes will be automatically tracked through Google Forms.

Check in at the end of the week to see the conclusion to this great and terrible event in Sornieth's history!
GZJetP5.pngp0ktFPn.png1cqnXuZ.png6PSSZLJ.png
[emoji=scroll 2 size=1] [u][b]RULES[/b][/u] - [b]1 vote = 10,000t or 10g[/b] - You can vote [b]as many times[/b] as you like - You can vote for [b]both/all sides[/b] in a poll - Send payments to either me @/Wolfspeaker, @/oneluckyduck, or @/NovatheOne - Send payments [b]through PM[/b] - The bonus question is [b]free[/b] to vote on the first time, but requires you to vote on one of the other polls first. Additional votes on the bonus poll will require normal payment. Votes will be periodically updated a few times a day so you can see where the current standings are at!
RULES

- 1 vote = 10,000t or 10g
- You can vote as many times as you like
- You can vote for both/all sides in a poll
- Send payments to either me @/Wolfspeaker, @/oneluckyduck, or @/NovatheOne
- Send payments through PM
- The bonus question is free to vote on the first time, but requires you to vote on one of the other polls first. Additional votes on the bonus poll will require normal payment.

Votes will be periodically updated a few times a day so you can see where the current standings are at!
[center][b][u]THE POLLS[/u][/b][/center] [i]Click the questions to access the forms and cast your votes.[/i] [b]1. [url=https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe4pUdMqgH0cLwxs7Dp91uVqBUp8no6UhcI1O63Rk6tO752yA/viewform]Which fly type is better?[/url][/b] [LIST] [*] Button fly [*] Zipper fly [/LIST] FINAL RESULTS: 21.6% Button, [b]78.4% Zipper[/b] [b]2. [url=https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeziwXLd99k2DVX5fgvyDyEwFafM4tj8aj_V5d-Y3eBb4RjdA/viewform]What is the best rise for jeans?[/url][/b] [LIST] [*] High-waisted [*] Mid-waisted [*] Low-waisted [/LIST] FINAL RESULTS: 40% high-waisted, [b]46.7% mid-waisted[/b], 13.3% low-waisted [b]3. [url=https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfbmTJjVYKYh4L59CJZy36gZCfzcuwnLf1yil1hPZpkSTWS9A/viewform]Jeggings: yay or nay?[/url][/b] [LIST] [*] Yay [*] Nay [/LIST] FINAL RESULTS: 45.5% yay, 54.6% [b]nay[/b] [b]4. [url=https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfyVE4bWLTgTheU7S5x2nHARk2VzCcux-1SVD31a6QQCbawvw/viewform]Denim on denim: yay or nay?[/url][/b] [LIST] [*] Yay [*] Nay [/LIST] FINAL RESULTS: 53.3% [b]yay[/b], 46.7% nay [b]5. [url=https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScwmDQxRMK2siQfbVmil5lh6ipFoo12TYF-Sivgzz98yvN8mA/viewform]Sleeping in jeans: valid or jursed[/url]?[/b] [LIST] [*] Valid [*] Jursed [/LIST] FINAL RESULTS: 50% valid, 50% jursed (TIE) [b]6. [url=https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd4nfCjQEmeMZ-CS4KFI2fL4KS_tLiThAf_-kCYIEiOsad3Xw/viewform]What is the best jean wash?[/url][/b] - Light wash - Medium wash - Dark wash - Black - White FINAL RESULTS: 28.6% light wash, 35.7% [b]dark wash[/b], 21.4% black, 14.3% medium wash [b]7. [url=https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfJApxt8Wz8Z3ftV1PB0oau7w7HTwQltCi4Sx63AsV_vH2G2A/viewform]How much distressing is best?[/url][/b] [LIST] [*] None [*] A small, tasteful amount [*] A good amount. There has to be Hole and Strand [*] I want to look like I just got back from being shredded by a Kamaitachi [/LIST] FINAL RESULTS: 50% [b]none[/b], 7.1% shredded, 21.4% a good amount, 21.4% a small amount [b]8. [url=https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScC8WRmzC-8o2X4Z0uaT9LdncEzPqqhy72esmGs6JgQFYho4A/viewform]Do the dragons of Sornieth use denim planters?[/url][/b] (Please look these up if you're unfamiliar with them. For your own edification.) [LIST] [*] Of course [*] NOOOO [/LIST] Current standings: 30% of course, 70% [b]NO[/b] [center][emoji=blue star size=1][emoji=blue star size=1][emoji=blue star size=1] [b] BONUS QUESTION:[/b][emoji=blue star size=1][emoji=blue star size=1][emoji=blue star size=1][/center] [i]You can only vote on this poll if you've voted at least once on one of the other polls. The bonus question itself has no fee the [u]first time[/u] you vote on it.[/i] [url=https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdT5czVHNmbJz7kDIM_Ja2tdDKa1vKxRAUxW0wEuIHfnd0PJg/viewform]If an Aberration wore jorts...[/url] Would they wear them [b]like this[/b] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1112611779911098378/1114662350801338470/denimstration_1.png[/img] or [b]like this[/b]? [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1112611779911098378/1114662385031073943/denimstration_2.png[/img] Current standings: 28.6% option #1, 71.4% option #2
THE POLLS

Click the questions to access the forms and cast your votes.

1. Which fly type is better?
  • Button fly
  • Zipper fly
FINAL RESULTS: 21.6% Button, 78.4% Zipper

2. What is the best rise for jeans?
  • High-waisted
  • Mid-waisted
  • Low-waisted
FINAL RESULTS: 40% high-waisted, 46.7% mid-waisted, 13.3% low-waisted

3. Jeggings: yay or nay?
  • Yay
  • Nay
FINAL RESULTS: 45.5% yay, 54.6% nay

4. Denim on denim: yay or nay?
  • Yay
  • Nay
FINAL RESULTS: 53.3% yay, 46.7% nay

5. Sleeping in jeans: valid or jursed?
  • Valid
  • Jursed
FINAL RESULTS: 50% valid, 50% jursed (TIE)

6. What is the best jean wash?
- Light wash
- Medium wash
- Dark wash
- Black
- White
FINAL RESULTS: 28.6% light wash, 35.7% dark wash, 21.4% black, 14.3% medium wash

7. How much distressing is best?
  • None
  • A small, tasteful amount
  • A good amount. There has to be Hole and Strand
  • I want to look like I just got back from being shredded by a Kamaitachi
FINAL RESULTS: 50% none, 7.1% shredded, 21.4% a good amount, 21.4% a small amount

8. Do the dragons of Sornieth use denim planters?
(Please look these up if you're unfamiliar with them. For your own edification.)
  • Of course
  • NOOOO
Current standings: 30% of course, 70% NO

BONUS QUESTION:
You can only vote on this poll if you've voted at least once on one of the other polls. The bonus question itself has no fee the first time you vote on it.

If an Aberration wore jorts...

Would they wear them like this

denimstration_1.png

or like this?

denimstration_2.png

Current standings: 28.6% option #1, 71.4% option #2
[center][emoji=blue star size=1][emoji=gold star size=1][emoji=blue star size=1] [b]AVAILABLE BADGES[/b] [emoji=blue star size=1][emoji=gold star size=1][emoji=blue star size=1] [/center] [u]I voted![/u] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1113639302321143808/1114769007657099264/JEAN_JUSH_I_VOTED_BADGE.png[/img] Earned by: cast 1 vote. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1103186148299382867/1115375893444034700/i_luv_poll.png[/img] Earned by: vote at least once on every poll. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1113639302321143808/1115384430136143903/TRAITOR_BADGE.png[/img] Earned by: vote for both/multiple sides on a poll. [u]Upcoming badges:[/u] Earned by: cast 30 votes. Badges by: NovaTheOne
AVAILABLE BADGES

I voted!

JEAN_JUSH_I_VOTED_BADGE.png
Earned by: cast 1 vote.

i_luv_poll.png
Earned by: vote at least once on every poll.

TRAITOR_BADGE.png
Earned by: vote for both/multiple sides on a poll.

Upcoming badges:

Earned by: cast 30 votes.

Badges by: NovaTheOne
Reserved
Reserved
Reserved
Reserved
Aaaaaand the polls are now open! :D Happy Jushing, everyone!
Aaaaaand the polls are now open! :D Happy Jushing, everyone!
This is amazing. Sending payment jortly
This is amazing. Sending payment jortly
Doing my jatriotic (jean patriotic) duty by voting in this very important joll (jeans poll)! [emoji=guardian star size=1]
Doing my jatriotic (jean patriotic) duty by voting in this very important joll (jeans poll)!
A small felt circle that says The Fiber Arts Club in rainbow letters.

call me alex! | he/they
bVWdtvK.png
J7D1quC.png
10ttDG2.png
_
this is the worst dominance thread i have ever seen. i love it so much. in fact, i love it so much that i have voted on every poll. i am an absolute sucker for jadges (jean badges).
this is the worst dominance thread i have ever seen. i love it so much. in fact, i love it so much that i have voted on every poll. i am an absolute sucker for jadges (jean badges).
he/theyautistic

(i'll edit my signature soon, i promise.)
1 2 3