Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [P] NotN log 2022 & 2023
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[s]Coming soon.. I need this URL for my clan page lol[/s] Time to kick this baby into action. First some notes to myself over how things went over the past year. [i]Dear self, stop hoarding eggs. And familiars. And apparel. Just.. stop. I'm still trying to unload all of those. Eggs never made it past 285G and that lasted a few weeks at best, 265G for a couple months, but 240-250G has been the going rate since like.. September. Don't do it. I've been having good luck flipping eggs throughout the year by buying the undercuts and reselling at the going rate. No need to hoard to do that! If you're gonna buy eggs, make 'em elemental. Fams and apparel did not really appreciate until this week. That's ridiculous. Just.. don't do it. Sell chests. Do it for your sanity. Don't open them. I know it's tempting.. but it leaves your hoard in such a state. Choose the easy path for a change. [/i] We'll see if I will listen to myself. [emoji=snapper laughing size=1] [u]Past logs:[/u] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2598686]2018[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2796719]2019[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2949059]2020[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3081683]2021[/url]
Coming soon.. I need this URL for my clan page lol

Time to kick this baby into action.

First some notes to myself over how things went over the past year.

Dear self, stop hoarding eggs. And familiars. And apparel. Just.. stop. I'm still trying to unload all of those. Eggs never made it past 285G and that lasted a few weeks at best, 265G for a couple months, but 240-250G has been the going rate since like.. September. Don't do it.

I've been having good luck flipping eggs throughout the year by buying the undercuts and reselling at the going rate. No need to hoard to do that! If you're gonna buy eggs, make 'em elemental.

Fams and apparel did not really appreciate until this week. That's ridiculous. Just.. don't do it.

Sell chests. Do it for your sanity. Don't open them. I know it's tempting.. but it leaves your hoard in such a state. Choose the easy path for a change.

We'll see if I will listen to myself.

Past logs:

.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
Night of the Nocturne logs: 2018 - 2019 - 2020 - 2021 - 2022

NOTN guide

Maki guide
Night of the Nocturne logs: 2018 - 2019 - 2020 - 2021 - 2022

NOTN guide

Maki guide
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
I guess I could list what I hoarded for this year. Apparently I sold a lot of mats in 2020. I don't know that I actually wrote it down last year. Current mats: [img]https://i.postimg.cc/NFbDKstC/mats2022.jpg[/img] Boy, I need some beakers. Holy cow on the muck and slime. [quote name="SCB" date="2021-12-21 06:02:21" ] Note to self: Next year prep by having crim crap ready. [/quote] Done and done.. probably could get more. Gonna trawl through the database and see what's missing. [quote name="SCB" date="2021-12-21 09:51:18" ] I started training dragons from my den, but honestly, yeeting them at level 1 works. A chest every 2-3 dragons. So next year, load den with leveled fodder? [/quote] Got 165 level 6s, 180 level 1s and whatever breeding projects I decide are utter trash (my projects get a little convoluted) Looking forward to not have to read my own complaints about Swipp anymore *laugh* Undel posted that the Grand Exchange is taking over from Swipp. [emoji=familiar heart size=1] This shouldn't happen next year: [img]https://i.postimg.cc/3NW4ZYpc/swippstuff.jpg[/img] This is what I have left.. right now.
I guess I could list what I hoarded for this year. Apparently I sold a lot of mats in 2020. I don't know that I actually wrote it down last year.

Current mats:
mats2022.jpg

Boy, I need some beakers. Holy cow on the muck and slime.

SCB wrote on 2021-12-21 06:02:21:
Note to self: Next year prep by having crim crap ready.

Done and done.. probably could get more. Gonna trawl through the database and see what's missing.
SCB wrote on 2021-12-21 09:51:18:
I started training dragons from my den, but honestly, yeeting them at level 1 works. A chest every 2-3 dragons. So next year, load den with leveled fodder?

Got 165 level 6s, 180 level 1s and whatever breeding projects I decide are utter trash (my projects get a little convoluted)

Looking forward to not have to read my own complaints about Swipp anymore *laugh* Undel posted that the Grand Exchange is taking over from Swipp.

This shouldn't happen next year:

swippstuff.jpg

This is what I have left.. right now.

.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
Things I need:

fiendflesh tailspine, malign vial, unlucky gloves for Valravn.
witch's cobwebs for Cheris.
Things I need:

fiendflesh tailspine, malign vial, unlucky gloves for Valravn.
witch's cobwebs for Cheris.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
Alright, planning for day 1, because I feel stuck waiting. Hoping/assuming these numbers remain the same. [img]https://flightrising.com/dropbox/updates/noc_swipp_trades3.png[/img] 288 bee orchid = 6 trades 440 grimoires = 22 trades (what in the world..) 658 chameleon = 15 trades 348 nightflames = 19 trades 115 flounder = 2 trades 233 multilense magnifier = 12 trades (again.. what the?) 1 trade worth of leaf insects and waaay too many mirrors. Assuming all stays where it stays, I should focus on getting bee orchids and leaf insects and flounders.. which isn't much of an option. Woodland path has orchids and flounder, probably a good start. Then alternate with some crystal pools, maybe.. or just go all over the place and hope for the best *shrug* I strongly dislike kelp beds lol I've got a batch of dragons to exalt too. 177 level 6s (177 x 9750t = 1,725,750t, assuming no bonuses) Might be too much to hope for, but 50 chests would be nice. So.. not hatching any eggs here lol I hope. Old swipp stuff: 24 chests Exalting leveled fodder: 50 chests (might be higher, but lets be conservative here) Bonding fams: I am not swapping any out, nope. So.. 120 fams or so, 5-10 chests. Gathering: Who knows? Tomo, Crim, Baldwin, Arlo, Swipp (hoping for some cheap swaps!), Pink: Who knows? Well, that's all not very helpful haha.
Alright, planning for day 1, because I feel stuck waiting.

Hoping/assuming these numbers remain the same.

noc_swipp_trades3.png

288 bee orchid = 6 trades
440 grimoires = 22 trades (what in the world..)

658 chameleon = 15 trades
348 nightflames = 19 trades

115 flounder = 2 trades
233 multilense magnifier = 12 trades (again.. what the?)

1 trade worth of leaf insects and waaay too many mirrors.

Assuming all stays where it stays, I should focus on getting bee orchids and leaf insects and flounders.. which isn't much of an option. Woodland path has orchids and flounder, probably a good start. Then alternate with some crystal pools, maybe.. or just go all over the place and hope for the best *shrug* I strongly dislike kelp beds lol

I've got a batch of dragons to exalt too. 177 level 6s (177 x 9750t = 1,725,750t, assuming no bonuses) Might be too much to hope for, but 50 chests would be nice.

So.. not hatching any eggs here lol I hope.
Old swipp stuff: 24 chests
Exalting leveled fodder: 50 chests (might be higher, but lets be conservative here)
Bonding fams: I am not swapping any out, nope. So.. 120 fams or so, 5-10 chests.
Gathering: Who knows?
Tomo, Crim, Baldwin, Arlo, Swipp (hoping for some cheap swaps!), Pink: Who knows?

Well, that's all not very helpful haha.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
Here we go. 3 chests from Galore Did 10 Swipp trades, got 1 chest. Not grand odds. Probably stick to the cheap trades. Nothing from Crim and Tomo, yet. Really liking the Grand Exchange replacement for the chest trades <3 6 bee orchid trades, 1 leaf insect trade, 15 chameleon trades, 2 flounder trades. [item=scene: enchanted library] uses up some of my weathered grimoires lol I guess I better stock up. I grabbed 5 for now (using up 10 strange chests) ..and then I actually looked at the contents of said chests (because who actually has patience to read through the announcement? Not me.. lol) And aah.. I feel a terrible itch to open them. Genes! Those scenes! And those fams! And apparels! Aaaah, self. You said you wouldn't. You said it. I'll be strong, for now, because odds are I will get old stuff, and not the cool new stuff. *looks at previous years to check odds for new stuff vs old* Got 28 chests so far, used 10 for library scenes.
Here we go.

3 chests from Galore

Did 10 Swipp trades, got 1 chest. Not grand odds. Probably stick to the cheap trades.

Nothing from Crim and Tomo, yet.

Really liking the Grand Exchange replacement for the chest trades <3
6 bee orchid trades, 1 leaf insect trade, 15 chameleon trades, 2 flounder trades.

Scene: Enchanted Library uses up some of my weathered grimoires lol I guess I better stock up. I grabbed 5 for now (using up 10 strange chests)

..and then I actually looked at the contents of said chests (because who actually has patience to read through the announcement? Not me.. lol) And aah.. I feel a terrible itch to open them. Genes! Those scenes! And those fams! And apparels! Aaaah, self. You said you wouldn't. You said it.

I'll be strong, for now, because odds are I will get old stuff, and not the cool new stuff. *looks at previous years to check odds for new stuff vs old*

Got 28 chests so far, used 10 for library scenes.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
Brewing Flying Iron Key. Need to brew Flying Brass Key next.

I was diagnosed with ADHD this year. 40 years without knowing. Really self, really? Because everyone's brain is a bag of squirrels. *eyeroll* Only reminded by this because I'm talking to myself here. So I don't forget stuff.

Another round of Crim, no chests in 5 trades.

6 chests bonding with fams. 1 from Fiona.

35 chests now, used 10 for scenes, so 25 left.
Brewing Flying Iron Key. Need to brew Flying Brass Key next.

I was diagnosed with ADHD this year. 40 years without knowing. Really self, really? Because everyone's brain is a bag of squirrels. *eyeroll* Only reminded by this because I'm talking to myself here. So I don't forget stuff.

Another round of Crim, no chests in 5 trades.

6 chests bonding with fams. 1 from Fiona.

35 chests now, used 10 for scenes, so 25 left.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
30 gathering turns, scavenged, 6 chests.

41 chests, used 10 for scenes, 31 left.
30 gathering turns, scavenged, 6 chests.

41 chests, used 10 for scenes, 31 left.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
5 trades with Crim, no chests. (been doing dishes, cleaning house)
5 trades with Crim, no chests. (been doing dishes, cleaning house)
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
1 chest leveling fodder (but omg I had to restart like, 5 times, so many dodges.. for leveling 2 fodder. Sheesh)

42 chests, used 10 for scenes, 32 left.
1 chest leveling fodder (but omg I had to restart like, 5 times, so many dodges.. for leveling 2 fodder. Sheesh)

42 chests, used 10 for scenes, 32 left.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7