Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Kingdomlocke] And I Must Scream
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
@Pikabolt I love me some evil royals pinglist please
@Pikabolt I love me some evil royals pinglist please
1c8q357.png 6IcEXCU.png
I like Davion. He's my favorite for now.

... hopefully I didn't just curse him to die.
I like Davion. He's my favorite for now.

... hopefully I didn't just curse him to die.
*~~/\~~*
@theawesomew
Thank you! Hatchlings really are fun to write. And honestly, how could I not give them food poisoning with that glorious opportunity dropped in my lap? XD

@brandonjui
Of course, welcome to the adventure. I’ll go ahead and add you now

@bitterly
Lol. He should be…fine… ^^’
@theawesomew
Thank you! Hatchlings really are fun to write. And honestly, how could I not give them food poisoning with that glorious opportunity dropped in my lap? XD

@brandonjui
Of course, welcome to the adventure. I’ll go ahead and add you now

@bitterly
Lol. He should be…fine… ^^’
tumblr_542ab0f1a7f1d0810e8769fececf6c76_4ec57c30_250.png IMG_8661.png
[center][b][u]Day Six[/u][/b][/center] Rolls: death bond, quest, train newbies, new arrival, scandal, and I Quit [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/x1e1ansl1hjjm1v/watertop.png[/center] Capri stretched, spreading shimmering wings to catch the sun and warm her scales. The Nocturne was out here in the Shrieking Wilds on an adventure, and what an adventure it had been so far! So many new sights, sounds, and things to mimic! She wasn’t called the copycat for nothing, after all. Which is why it surprised Capri when another dragon flew by, oblivious to her presence as they headed deeper into the Wilds. Well, that wouldn’t do - she had to follow. Gliding between the trees on silent wings, Capri followed the Mirror dragon further and further into the jungle, until to her surprise, she led her right to a treetop village! Who would’ve thought there’d be a settlement all the way out here? Heck, Capri’d thought only monsters and Beastclans lived in the Shrieking Wilds, but obviously she was wrong. What a discovery! Uh oh. Speaking of discoveries, it looked like she’d been spotted. A Fae and Pearlcatcher flew over to her, the Fae landing to stand regally before her, flaring out his fins in anger. And of course, being the copycat she was, Capri automatically responded in kind, leaning back into a regal position and twitching as though spreading nonexistent frills. Something that made the Fae’s eyes narrow. “What is the meaning of this?!” He demanded. “Do you know who you’re so blantantly disrespecting, wretch?!” “Uhhh…nooo?” Capri winced. The Pearlcatcher ruffled her wings, looks worried. “Sire, she’s a Nocturne. She can’t help it.” The dragon explained gingerly, and a grumpy expression grew on the Fae’s face. “I see. Well, if it truly cannot be [i]helped…[/i]” the Fae started, sneering at Capri. “I am King Bamaal, and this is the kingdom of Havenshire you’re so flagrantly trespassing in.” “Wait, a kingdom?!” Capri yelped, excitement beating in her chest. “A real life, fairy-tale kingdom?!” The two dragons in front of her just looked stunned. “…What?” The Pearlcatcher managed, evidently recovering her word first. Capri nodded frantically, stars in her eyes. “Yes! I wanna join! I-I mean- oh great and mighty king, please accept this lowly dragon as your subject!” She corrected, spreading her wings and bowing low, keeping her eyes trained on the ground. This was how you were supposed to greet kings, right? There was a pause, before King Bamaal spoke. “I…see. Well, I suppose the kingdom could do with more subjects.” He said, ruffling his wings. Capri glanced back up as her own wings ruffled in response, before letting out a meep and training her eyes right back on the ground. “You may rise.” Gratefully, Capri did so - bowing like that certainly wasn’t easy! “Before I graciously accept you into my kingdom, you must prove yourself first. Havenshire does not harbor dead weight.” The king said scathingly, but that only made Capri’s heart soar. This she could do! “I’m Capri, adventurer by trade! Whatever needs doing, my lord, I’ll see it done!” “An adventurer, you say?” The king mused, before giving her a smile that was all teeth. “Very well. How do you feel about going on a quest?” Capri was ready to burst with pride. A quest already?! “Sign me up!” She cheered. Following that Mirror was the best thing she could have done - this was the best day of her life! Serving a real, flesh-and-blood king…this was the kind of fairy tale Capri had only [i]dreamed[/i] of living! She’d knock this quest thingy right out of the park for sure - it was hardly her first one, after all. And she’d prove she belonged here, without a doubt! [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/q7bzkdkcca4yban/waterbottom.png[/img] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/cb0tthmoj1g6yo8/shadowtop2.png[/img][/center] King Bamaal and Stream watched with baited breath as the first of the eggs started to pip. One lay withered and dead, the hatchling within stillborn before it ever took its first breath, but the other two had survived. And with their hearts in their mouths, the new parents watched as the second began to pip, the hatchling within adding their cute little squeaks of effort to that of their sibling. “They’re hatching.” King Bamaal whispered, a hitch in his voice that most certainly did [i]not[/i] happen. “They’re hatching.” His consort agreed, looking at their children with equal love in her eyes. They watched for hours, entranced, as their little hatchlings chipped away at their shells, cooing in response to their calls and getting little squeaks in return. But… “Something’s wrong.” Stream said, leaning down to examine the egg that had started to pip first. The little baby’s progress had stalled, and his cries were growing weaker and weaker. “I don’t…what if he doesn’t make it?” “…Then we will return him to the earth, where the Gladekeeper will bear him unto paradise.” King Bamaal said, voice barely a whisper, his eyes never leaving his struggling hatchling. Come on, come on…the baby could do it, King Bamaal knew he could. His bloodline was strong - he’d make it, he had to. But alas, it was not to be. Tragedy had called their name. King Bamaal gritted his teeth, holding back the tears that stung traitorously in his eyes. Their child had stopped moving, stopped calling. And shortly, would stop breathing as well. A sharp [i]crack,[/i] almost thunderous in the quiet, almost made the king jump. A little Mirror hatchling tumbled out of her egg, squeaking in surprise as she hit the ground. Her parents were quick to gently nuzzle her back onto her feet, treating her as though she were as fragile as spun glass. “At least…at least one survived.” Stream choked out, and King Bamaal nodded in agreement, not entirely trusting his voice. “Yes.” He croaked. “At least one survived.” [center][img]https://flightrising.com/images/nests/10/1healthy_2dead.png[/img] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/53jvjgw65g4qmp6/shadowbottom2.png[/img] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/5c92eu0ldp517xq/naturetop.png[/img][/center] Davion just stared in bewilderment at the new addition to the nest - one which most certainly [i]did not[/i] belong there. Honestly, he stepped out for all of five minutes to relieve himself - thank the Gladekeeper that whoever snuck in here seemed intent only on dumping this Imperial hatchling, rather than assassinating his charge. The very idea made him shudder. No, he’d have to be better from now on. This kind of security breach was just inexcusable. Wait, was that a sticky-note on the baby? Yes, yes it was. Carefully removing it, Davion began reading it aloud, growing more and more incredulous as he did so. “Aquila is the great-grandchild of the cousin of King Gobbledegook’s mother, and heir to the throne. Destined to eradicate the Beastclans from the kingdom, long may she reign…? What? What kind of a name is [i]Gobbledegook?[/i] And who even is he anyway?!” Clearly, the intruder had been confused. With a sigh, Davion tossed the note aside before curling up around his sleeping charge and daughter, and after a moment’s thought, tucked the slumbering Imperial into the hatchling pile. He was already caring for two hatchlings, might as well add another. [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/qm74b50l7x2kgjh/naturebottom.png[/img][/center] Even evil dragons can love. Poor babies, more than half of them didn’t make it. That makes them the first casualties of the kingdom :( The hatchling who survived has become Davion’s charge, and speaking of Davion, he got rolled with I Quit and is now a familiar caretaker! The details are in his and Stream’s bios, I’m too tired to write out a snippet, sorry Speaking of hatchlings, I’m sorry @Amubun but I couldn’t help it. Nobody can have a scandal yet and I just had to XD As for the death bond, I rolled Harrowing and King Bamaal again, so I guess they’re double death bonded now lol Oh yeah, Davion and Capri had a whirlwind romance, and are now sitting on a clutch of two eggs! [center][img]https://flightrising.com/images/nests/10/2healthy_0dead.png[/img][/center]
Day Six

Rolls: death bond, quest, train newbies, new arrival, scandal, and I Quit
watertop.png
Capri stretched, spreading shimmering wings to catch the sun and warm her scales. The Nocturne was out here in the Shrieking Wilds on an adventure, and what an adventure it had been so far! So many new sights, sounds, and things to mimic! She wasn’t called the copycat for nothing, after all.

Which is why it surprised Capri when another dragon flew by, oblivious to her presence as they headed deeper into the Wilds. Well, that wouldn’t do - she had to follow.

Gliding between the trees on silent wings, Capri followed the Mirror dragon further and further into the jungle, until to her surprise, she led her right to a treetop village! Who would’ve thought there’d be a settlement all the way out here? Heck, Capri’d thought only monsters and Beastclans lived in the Shrieking Wilds, but obviously she was wrong. What a discovery!

Uh oh. Speaking of discoveries, it looked like she’d been spotted. A Fae and Pearlcatcher flew over to her, the Fae landing to stand regally before her, flaring out his fins in anger.

And of course, being the copycat she was, Capri automatically responded in kind, leaning back into a regal position and twitching as though spreading nonexistent frills. Something that made the Fae’s eyes narrow.

“What is the meaning of this?!” He demanded. “Do you know who you’re so blantantly disrespecting, wretch?!”

“Uhhh…nooo?” Capri winced. The Pearlcatcher ruffled her wings, looks worried.

“Sire, she’s a Nocturne. She can’t help it.” The dragon explained gingerly, and a grumpy expression grew on the Fae’s face.

“I see. Well, if it truly cannot be helped…” the Fae started, sneering at Capri. “I am King Bamaal, and this is the kingdom of Havenshire you’re so flagrantly trespassing in.”

“Wait, a kingdom?!” Capri yelped, excitement beating in her chest. “A real life, fairy-tale kingdom?!”

The two dragons in front of her just looked stunned. “…What?” The Pearlcatcher managed, evidently recovering her word first.

Capri nodded frantically, stars in her eyes. “Yes! I wanna join! I-I mean- oh great and mighty king, please accept this lowly dragon as your subject!” She corrected, spreading her wings and bowing low, keeping her eyes trained on the ground. This was how you were supposed to greet kings, right?

There was a pause, before King Bamaal spoke. “I…see. Well, I suppose the kingdom could do with more subjects.” He said, ruffling his wings. Capri glanced back up as her own wings ruffled in response, before letting out a meep and training her eyes right back on the ground. “You may rise.”

Gratefully, Capri did so - bowing like that certainly wasn’t easy!

“Before I graciously accept you into my kingdom, you must prove yourself first. Havenshire does not harbor dead weight.” The king said scathingly, but that only made Capri’s heart soar. This she could do!

“I’m Capri, adventurer by trade! Whatever needs doing, my lord, I’ll see it done!”

“An adventurer, you say?” The king mused, before giving her a smile that was all teeth. “Very well. How do you feel about going on a quest?”

Capri was ready to burst with pride. A quest already?! “Sign me up!” She cheered. Following that Mirror was the best thing she could have done - this was the best day of her life! Serving a real, flesh-and-blood king…this was the kind of fairy tale Capri had only dreamed of living!

She’d knock this quest thingy right out of the park for sure - it was hardly her first one, after all. And she’d prove she belonged here, without a doubt!
waterbottom.png

shadowtop2.png
King Bamaal and Stream watched with baited breath as the first of the eggs started to pip. One lay withered and dead, the hatchling within stillborn before it ever took its first breath, but the other two had survived. And with their hearts in their mouths, the new parents watched as the second began to pip, the hatchling within adding their cute little squeaks of effort to that of their sibling.

“They’re hatching.” King Bamaal whispered, a hitch in his voice that most certainly did not happen.

“They’re hatching.” His consort agreed, looking at their children with equal love in her eyes. They watched for hours, entranced, as their little hatchlings chipped away at their shells, cooing in response to their calls and getting little squeaks in return. But…

“Something’s wrong.” Stream said, leaning down to examine the egg that had started to pip first. The little baby’s progress had stalled, and his cries were growing weaker and weaker. “I don’t…what if he doesn’t make it?”

“…Then we will return him to the earth, where the Gladekeeper will bear him unto paradise.” King Bamaal said, voice barely a whisper, his eyes never leaving his struggling hatchling. Come on, come on…the baby could do it, King Bamaal knew he could. His bloodline was strong - he’d make it, he had to.

But alas, it was not to be. Tragedy had called their name. King Bamaal gritted his teeth, holding back the tears that stung traitorously in his eyes. Their child had stopped moving, stopped calling. And shortly, would stop breathing as well.

A sharp crack, almost thunderous in the quiet, almost made the king jump. A little Mirror hatchling tumbled out of her egg, squeaking in surprise as she hit the ground. Her parents were quick to gently nuzzle her back onto her feet, treating her as though she were as fragile as spun glass.

“At least…at least one survived.” Stream choked out, and King Bamaal nodded in agreement, not entirely trusting his voice.

“Yes.” He croaked. “At least one survived.”
1healthy_2dead.png
shadowbottom2.png

naturetop.png
Davion just stared in bewilderment at the new addition to the nest - one which most certainly did not belong there. Honestly, he stepped out for all of five minutes to relieve himself - thank the Gladekeeper that whoever snuck in here seemed intent only on dumping this Imperial hatchling, rather than assassinating his charge. The very idea made him shudder. No, he’d have to be better from now on. This kind of security breach was just inexcusable.

Wait, was that a sticky-note on the baby? Yes, yes it was. Carefully removing it, Davion began reading it aloud, growing more and more incredulous as he did so.

“Aquila is the great-grandchild of the cousin of King Gobbledegook’s mother, and heir to the throne. Destined to eradicate the Beastclans from the kingdom, long may she reign…? What? What kind of a name is Gobbledegook? And who even is he anyway?!”

Clearly, the intruder had been confused. With a sigh, Davion tossed the note aside before curling up around his sleeping charge and daughter, and after a moment’s thought, tucked the slumbering Imperial into the hatchling pile. He was already caring for two hatchlings, might as well add another.
naturebottom.png
Even evil dragons can love. Poor babies, more than half of them didn’t make it. That makes them the first casualties of the kingdom :(

The hatchling who survived has become Davion’s charge, and speaking of Davion, he got rolled with I Quit and is now a familiar caretaker! The details are in his and Stream’s bios, I’m too tired to write out a snippet, sorry

Speaking of hatchlings, I’m sorry @Amubun but I couldn’t help it. Nobody can have a scandal yet and I just had to XD

As for the death bond, I rolled Harrowing and King Bamaal again, so I guess they’re double death bonded now lol

Oh yeah, Davion and Capri had a whirlwind romance, and are now sitting on a clutch of two eggs!
2healthy_0dead.png
@ladyspibe @theawesomew

Frick I did it again - missed your pings when I copy-pasted dangit. Sorry about that!
@ladyspibe @theawesomew

Frick I did it again - missed your pings when I copy-pasted dangit. Sorry about that!
AND @brandonjui come on!! Ugh. I blame it being two in the morning -_-
AND @brandonjui come on!! Ugh. I blame it being two in the morning -_-
No worries! I just got caught up--gah, I love the way you write! Your writing is so rich with detail and I really appreciate how you've made each character unique. I adore Capri (hope she makes it a good long while!) and I feel a little bad for King Bamaal--even he was shaken by the loss of half his nest.
No worries! I just got caught up--gah, I love the way you write! Your writing is so rich with detail and I really appreciate how you've made each character unique. I adore Capri (hope she makes it a good long while!) and I feel a little bad for King Bamaal--even he was shaken by the loss of half his nest.
LhnYpua.png s3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-l11-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-m36-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-s16-book.pngB7_R.png
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »
|| 2+ FR Time | She/Her | The Calm Before the Storm | fr__lightning_by_baelfin-d8uyn76.png fr__beastclans_by_baelfin-d92uyiw.png ||

• { Lockedown } - Chill Biolocke + Necrolocke
• { Thunder Hollow } - Clan Lore [WIP]

{ Assets: x x x }
eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
@ladyspibe @theawesomew @brandonjui Rolls: Beastclan attack, scandal x2, train the newbies, romance, and quest [center][b][u]Day Seven[/u][/b] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ggbjrd9lce69ae9/arcanetop.png[/img][/center] Stream grinned at the sight of the treasure standing before her and Davion. They hadn’t expected to find much, if anything, when they’d been tasked by King Bamaal with clearing out the nearby Harpy village, but fortune smiled on them today. “Who would’ve thought the Harpies would’ve had such a thing hidden away within their village?” Davion mused, voicing Stream’s unspoken thoughts. “Not I.” Stream answered. “Let’s make sure the thing isn’t booby-trapped first. I’d hate for the Beastclan to get the last laugh just because we were careless.” “Agreed.” Davion nodded, before the pair began to carefully inspect the beautifully carved totem pole. As far as Stream could tell, there were no hidden compartments in the wood, and none of the jewels were showing any sign of enchantment. It was probably safe. “Alright, I think it’s good. I’ll carry this back - you keep an eye out for any ambushes, alright? I need both hands to hold this.” Stream said, before yanking the totem from the ground. “Of course.” Davion replied, before the pair took to the skies. The jewels were wasted on the wood, in Stream’s opinion, and while the intricate patterns of gold filling in the carved lines was pretty, it would be far more useful prised out of the wood and reforged into something new. Perhaps the gold could be used to coat King Bamaal’s throne? The temporary palace [i]was[/i] somewhat lacking in splendor, after all… Well, whatever the case, it was up to King Bamaal to decide what to do with it. She and Davion just had to get it there. [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/6wlpvlzjg2yhu20/arcanebottom.png[/img] [img] https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/eojtxe9q91m67tz/lighttop.png[/img][/center] With nearly twice as many mouths to feed - part of which was Capri’s fault, she knew - the kingdom needed to expand and restock their larders. Not the most glamorous job, but that was the adventurer’s life for you. Whatever needed doing was what they got done. Though, in all honesty…they weren’t doing a very good job on the ‘getting done’ part. Capri sighed, glancing back at the meagre gatherings they had. Prey that should have been plentiful was scarce, and plants that by all means should be readily abundant…weren’t. “Someone’s already been through here.” Capri said grimly, inspecting the trampled plants. “Been through here and trampled whatever they didn’t take. How rude.” “Centaurs, no doubt.” King Bamaal scoffed. “Those brutes are exactly the kind of creatures that would stab themselves in the foot just to spite us.” The Nocturne wasn’t so sure…glancing back at the empty meadow, she couldn’t help the bad feeling in her stomach. That this was only the herald of what was to come. But that was stupid - it was just Beastclans spiting dragons, nothing new. And yet… Capri shook her head. They had larders to fill and hatchlings to feed. This was hardly the time to be daydreaming! [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/zh57bc4xsa06f9p/lightbottom.png[/img] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/bpgp2hj1ng7adfz/beastclantop.png[/img][/center] It happened in an instant. One minute, King Bamaal was spending time with his daughter, and in the next, a horde of Harpies descended on them from above. “Children! Hide in the palace!” King Bamaal snapped, the trio of hatchlings fearfully scrambling to get back inside. King Bamaal leaped from the balcony onto the back of a Harpy, snapping her spine in an instant. “How [i]dare[/i] you attack my kingdom like this?!” The Fae dragon roared. “You’ll all pay for this with your lives!” “It is [i]your[/i] lives that are forfeit, desecrator!” One of the creatures shrieked. “And [i]your[/i] blood that will cleanse this ground of your filth!” Filth. Exactly what his brother had called him, once upon a time. [i]Filth.[/i] With an enraged bellow, King Bamaal threw himself into the fray, cutting a path to the Harpy that had dared, [i]dared[/i] to besmirch his name! Rending, tearing, crushing; King Bamaal showed mercy to none. The dying shrieks of Harpies punctuated the air, harmonizing with the roars and screams of his subjects in a terrible symphony. Until finally, some unseen straw snapped, and the tides turned decisively in their favor. “Sisters! Retreat!” One of the vermin howled. “We’ve got what we came for; desecrator lies dead!” Wh…what? The fluttering of Harpy wings echoed in his ears as King Bamaal immediately shot up to survey the battlefield. Davion, Capri, Harrowing up there in the house, and Stream… No. No! King Bamaal dove to his consort’s side, an agonized expression tearing across his face as he took in the sight of Stream’s motionless body. “No. No, I command you - get up! Get up, right this instant!” The Fae dragon howled. “[i]Get up, Stream!![/i] That’s an order from your [i]king![/i]” There was only silence, where once there would have been words. Tears began pooling in the king’s eyes, before he threw decorum to the side with a wail and buried his nose into his consort’s side. Stream. Stream. Why did it have to be her?! Why did it have to be- why the one he deigned to share a nest with? [i]Why?![/i] Rays of sunlight trickled down through gaps in the canopy, a peaceful mockery of the tragedy that just took place. It should be raining, the very heavens themselves weeping for his loss. Not…this. It was a beautiful day today…but Stream was not here to see it. [center][img]https://flightrising.com/images/cms/breeds/3/coli_defeated.png[/img] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/wabr3z0lfz4q3gh/beastclanbottom.png[/img][/center] Completely out of lair space so no scandals today. Or romance for that matter as yet again, nobody can breed right now lol Man, fate is just not kind to King Bamaal’s family, now is it? Poor Stream. Only now does he acknowledge that she was more than just someone to bear his children - too little, too late :(
@ladyspibe @theawesomew @brandonjui

Rolls: Beastclan attack, scandal x2, train the newbies, romance, and quest
Day Seven

arcanetop.png
Stream grinned at the sight of the treasure standing before her and Davion. They hadn’t expected to find much, if anything, when they’d been tasked by King Bamaal with clearing out the nearby Harpy village, but fortune smiled on them today.

“Who would’ve thought the Harpies would’ve had such a thing hidden away within their village?” Davion mused, voicing Stream’s unspoken thoughts.

“Not I.” Stream answered. “Let’s make sure the thing isn’t booby-trapped first. I’d hate for the Beastclan to get the last laugh just because we were careless.”

“Agreed.” Davion nodded, before the pair began to carefully inspect the beautifully carved totem pole. As far as Stream could tell, there were no hidden compartments in the wood, and none of the jewels were showing any sign of enchantment. It was probably safe.

“Alright, I think it’s good. I’ll carry this back - you keep an eye out for any ambushes, alright? I need both hands to hold this.” Stream said, before yanking the totem from the ground.

“Of course.” Davion replied, before the pair took to the skies. The jewels were wasted on the wood, in Stream’s opinion, and while the intricate patterns of gold filling in the carved lines was pretty, it would be far more useful prised out of the wood and reforged into something new. Perhaps the gold could be used to coat King Bamaal’s throne? The temporary palace was somewhat lacking in splendor, after all…

Well, whatever the case, it was up to King Bamaal to decide what to do with it. She and Davion just had to get it there.
arcanebottom.png

lighttop.png
With nearly twice as many mouths to feed - part of which was Capri’s fault, she knew - the kingdom needed to expand and restock their larders. Not the most glamorous job, but that was the adventurer’s life for you. Whatever needed doing was what they got done.

Though, in all honesty…they weren’t doing a very good job on the ‘getting done’ part. Capri sighed, glancing back at the meagre gatherings they had. Prey that should have been plentiful was scarce, and plants that by all means should be readily abundant…weren’t.

“Someone’s already been through here.” Capri said grimly, inspecting the trampled plants. “Been through here and trampled whatever they didn’t take. How rude.”

“Centaurs, no doubt.” King Bamaal scoffed. “Those brutes are exactly the kind of creatures that would stab themselves in the foot just to spite us.”

The Nocturne wasn’t so sure…glancing back at the empty meadow, she couldn’t help the bad feeling in her stomach. That this was only the herald of what was to come. But that was stupid - it was just Beastclans spiting dragons, nothing new. And yet…

Capri shook her head. They had larders to fill and hatchlings to feed. This was hardly the time to be daydreaming!
lightbottom.png

beastclantop.png
It happened in an instant. One minute, King Bamaal was spending time with his daughter, and in the next, a horde of Harpies descended on them from above.

“Children! Hide in the palace!” King Bamaal snapped, the trio of hatchlings fearfully scrambling to get back inside. King Bamaal leaped from the balcony onto the back of a Harpy, snapping her spine in an instant.

“How dare you attack my kingdom like this?!” The Fae dragon roared. “You’ll all pay for this with your lives!”

“It is your lives that are forfeit, desecrator!” One of the creatures shrieked. “And your blood that will cleanse this ground of your filth!”

Filth. Exactly what his brother had called him, once upon a time. Filth. With an enraged bellow, King Bamaal threw himself into the fray, cutting a path to the Harpy that had dared, dared to besmirch his name!

Rending, tearing, crushing; King Bamaal showed mercy to none. The dying shrieks of Harpies punctuated the air, harmonizing with the roars and screams of his subjects in a terrible symphony. Until finally, some unseen straw snapped, and the tides turned decisively in their favor.

“Sisters! Retreat!” One of the vermin howled. “We’ve got what we came for; desecrator lies dead!”

Wh…what? The fluttering of Harpy wings echoed in his ears as King Bamaal immediately shot up to survey the battlefield. Davion, Capri, Harrowing up there in the house, and Stream…

No. No!

King Bamaal dove to his consort’s side, an agonized expression tearing across his face as he took in the sight of Stream’s motionless body. “No. No, I command you - get up! Get up, right this instant!” The Fae dragon howled. “Get up, Stream!! That’s an order from your king!

There was only silence, where once there would have been words. Tears began pooling in the king’s eyes, before he threw decorum to the side with a wail and buried his nose into his consort’s side.

Stream. Stream. Why did it have to be her?! Why did it have to be- why the one he deigned to share a nest with? Why?!

Rays of sunlight trickled down through gaps in the canopy, a peaceful mockery of the tragedy that just took place. It should be raining, the very heavens themselves weeping for his loss. Not…this.

It was a beautiful day today…but Stream was not here to see it.
coli_defeated.png

beastclanbottom.png
Completely out of lair space so no scandals today. Or romance for that matter as yet again, nobody can breed right now lol
Man, fate is just not kind to King Bamaal’s family, now is it? Poor Stream. Only now does he acknowledge that she was more than just someone to bear his children - too little, too late :(
@ladyspibe @theawesomew @brandonjui Rolls: Beastclan attack, romance, death streak, coup, and 60 coli matches [center][b][u]Day Eight[/u][/b] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/w57d8ll9nuqntn4/icetop2.png[/img][/center] Davion had had enough. The Harpies had launched a second attack this morning, and while nobody died it had been a very near thing. And now, even though the kingdom was weakened and his subjects not yet fully healed, King Bamaal was baying for blood. Blood that would only get them all killed. Capri flew in, landing beside him. “I’ve got it.” She murmured quietly, passing him a satchel. “Thank you.” Davion said, taking it before gently pouring the contents into a waterskin. “…Are we really doing the right thing?” Capri asked nervously. “It’s just…Harrowing and the king are trapped in a death bond. I know King Bamaal hasn’t been making the best decisions lately, but…is it really worth her death?” Davion sighed. “Unfortunately, yes. It’s either we successfully pull off this coup or we all drown in blood.” He said grimly. “Now come on. Let’s make Harrowing’s last day as happy and carefree as possible before drugging her. She’ll be asleep when the death bond takes hold.” “Yeah.” Capri agreed mournfully. “Come on, I saw some durians just a little ways out from the town - I don’t know how she stands those horrifically stinky fruit.” the Nocturne chuckled, shaking her head. Davion smiled. “That’s the spirit. Race you there?” He offered, and Capri grinned at him. “Last one to the stinky fruit’s an even stinkier egg!” [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/qn8aoui4u4bzgpa/icebottom2.png[/img] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/v2clwnd6xkmvf6x/firetop.png[/img][/center] King Bamaal looked up from his meal as Davion and Capri entered the dining hall, the trio of hatchlings looking over at them curiously. “Capri.” The Guardian spoke, and the Nocturne in question was quick to rush over to the hatchlings. “C’mon, we’re going outside, okay? Daddy has a surprise for you three!” Capri promised, gently cajoling the babies outside. King Bamaal frowned at Davion, irritation rising in his breast. “Yes? This better be good, for you to have interrupted my meal.” He grumbled. Out of all the responses he expected his subject give him, Davion launching himself [i]at his own king[/i] with a roar was [i]not[/i] one of them. “What is the meaning of this?!” King Bamaal howled, just barely dodging the enraged Guardian in time before the great brute’s bulk took out both his meal and the chair he’d been sitting on. “Capri! Harrowing! Get in here and defend your king!!” “They’re not coming.” Davion rumbled, stalking closer to the now panicking king, so much smaller than the Guardian bent on killing him. “No more. You would have us drown in Beastclan blood, and I [i]won’t[/i] watch my friends, my charge, my daughter, or anyone else [i]die[/i] because of your arrogance!” “Get away from me!” King Bamaal howled, striking Davion with a blast of shadow before frantically darting out of the way of the next attack. This wasn’t supposed to end like this. He was supposed to grow in power, get his revenge, not face down the gaping maw of his own subject. This wasn’t-!! [center][img]https://flightrising.com/images/cms/breeds/4/coli_defeated.png[/img][img]https://flightrising.com/images/cms/breeds/1/coli_defeated.png[/img] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/nb3br8wrhn4wvbz/firebottom.png[/img] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/cb0tthmoj1g6yo8/shadowtop2.png[/img][/center] Uncle Davion’s surprise had been really fun. They’d played games [i]aaaaall day,[/i] even though Banith knew father wouldn’t like it. But Uncle Davion had told her not to worry about it, that it was okay, and if he said so then it must be. “When do you think daddy will be back?” Azami asked, looking curiously toward the palace window. Aquila shrugged. “Dunno.” She said, getting a [i]look[/i] from the baby Guardian. “You’re so helpful.” She grumbled, making Banith giggle. “I wonder what kind of treasure they’ll bring home? Uncle Davion said there was this really important relic thingy that would protect our home, right? What do you think it’ll look like?” the baby Mirror wondered. “Hmm…oh, maybe a castle!” Aquila chirped, only to get smacked over the head by Azami. “Stupid, we already have a castle!” She hissed. Aquila scowled at her. “So what? Maybe we’ll get a bigger one!” She said defensively. Azami scoffed. “You can’t carry a [i]castle,[/i] stupid. It’s a castle!” “Stop calling me stupid!” Aquila howled, spreading her wings wide to try and intimidate Azami. “I’m not stupid!” “You are too!” “Am not!” “Are too!” “Am n-!” “Guys, please stop!” Banith shouted, getting her friends’ attention. They gave each other grudging looks, before deflating. “Sorry.” “‘M sorry too.” There was a pause, before Aquila spoke again. “So…what do you think the treasure is?” “Hmm…” Banith hummed thoughtfully, thinking it over. It had to be something big, and pretty. Ooh, and magic too! “I think-“ A loud [i]crack,[/i] tore through the air, making all three hatchlings jump and squeal. “It’s a Beastclan attack!” “Hide!!” The baby dragons scattered, throwing themselves into cupboards and slamming the doors shut in the hopes that the marauding army would overlook them. Trembling, all the hatchlings could do was wait for someone to come tell them it was okay. But nobody came. Azami, Banith, and Aquila stayed hidden for more than an hour, hardly daring to breathe. But even hatchlings could only stay still for so long, especially when no sounds of battle could be heard, and curiosity had them peeking out of their hiding places. “Do you think it’s over?” Banith asked fearfully. Azami frowned. “I’m gonna go look!” “Wait, no! We’re not supposed to-!” Aquila started to protest, but the little Guardian was already out the door. “Azami!” The Imperial and Mirror quickly scrambled after their friend, only to find a puzzling sight. Everyone was just…sleeping, sprawled out on the ground. “Hey, Uncle Davion, wake up.” Banith said, poking her guardian. Aquila giggled. “They’re being silly. Wake uuuuup, copycat!” The hatchling sniggered, poking and prodding the slumbering Nocturne. “Wake up or I’m gonna bounce on youuuu!” “C’mon daddy, up!” Azami laughed, before jumping on her father’s stomach. “Up, up, up!” But he didn’t get up. A chill ran down Banith’s spine. “U-uncle Davion, this isn’t funny anymore. Wake up!” She yelled, pushing and shoving at the motionless Guardian dragon. “Wake up!” Why wasn’t he waking [i]up?![/i] “Guys…I think they’re dead.” Aquila whispered, eyes wide. Banith and Azami’s heads whipped around to stare at her, before looking back at the dragons lying motionless in the town clearing. “Noooooo!! You can’t be dead!” Azami howled, shaking her father back and forth. “You can’t be dead!” Banith was shaking him too, but he wasn’t moving. Nobody was moving, nobody was alive, nobody- “Wh-what’s this?” Aquila said, coming over and touching uncle Davion’s paw. He was holding something; Azami and Banith watched as their friend carefully uncurled Davion’s claws from the thing. “Is that…the treasure?” Banith asked. “Let me see!” “I’m not done looking at it!” Aquila snapped, the other two gathering around her to take a closer look. “It’s just a rock.” Azami said. Banith couldn’t help but agree; it had a weird letter on it, but still a rock. It was even cracked down the middle! “What kind of treasure is a rock?” “Do you think this was supposed to help protect us?” Aquila asked. Banith hissed, tears gathering in all four of her eyes. “Some treasure that was!” She howled, before knocking it out of Aquila’s hands. “Banith!!” “It killed everybody! They brought it home an’ now they’re dead!” She sobbed. Her friends looked at each other’s, tears pooling in their own eyes, before they began crying too. It would be hours before the hatchlings got all the crying out of their systems. Hours in which they buried their parents, their friends, and took uncle Davion and Capri’s eggs from their root nest on the ground back up to the palace. Cause, cause babies were the kingdom’s treasure, and nobody wanted ‘em to die. It was eventually decided that since Banith was King Bamaal’s daughter, that made her queen now that he was…gone. Long live Queen Banith; may her reign be ever prosperous. [center][img]https://flightrising.com/images/cms/breeds/2/coli_defeated.png[/img][img]https://flightrising.com/images/cms/breeds/11/coli_defeated.png[/img] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/53jvjgw65g4qmp6/shadowbottom2.png[/img][/center] I take it back I take back everything I said about lair space Guys. Guys, send help, [i]I HAVE NO ADULTS LEFT.[/i] Davion this was really horrific timing, now the babies you committed regicide for are in a race against the clock: either they’ll live long enough to reach adulthood (or a newcomer will stumble over Havenshire and take the reins), or they’ll die the last of their kingdom. As for hatchling rolls, no news is good news. If a hatchling dies you’ll hear about it, trust me. Banith is queen because the hatchlings weren’t aware of the coup. Davion and Capri were going to tell them once they got the kingdom’s defenses set up, but, weeeell…that didn’t go so well. Time to go update/Exalt the dragons. Let’s just hope we pull through this, aaaaa. They’re only two days old with a 50/50 mortality rate help me D:
@ladyspibe @theawesomew @brandonjui

Rolls: Beastclan attack, romance, death streak, coup, and 60 coli matches
Day Eight

icetop2.png
Davion had had enough. The Harpies had launched a second attack this morning, and while nobody died it had been a very near thing. And now, even though the kingdom was weakened and his subjects not yet fully healed, King Bamaal was baying for blood. Blood that would only get them all killed.

Capri flew in, landing beside him. “I’ve got it.” She murmured quietly, passing him a satchel.

“Thank you.” Davion said, taking it before gently pouring the contents into a waterskin.

“…Are we really doing the right thing?” Capri asked nervously. “It’s just…Harrowing and the king are trapped in a death bond. I know King Bamaal hasn’t been making the best decisions lately, but…is it really worth her death?”

Davion sighed. “Unfortunately, yes. It’s either we successfully pull off this coup or we all drown in blood.” He said grimly. “Now come on. Let’s make Harrowing’s last day as happy and carefree as possible before drugging her. She’ll be asleep when the death bond takes hold.”

“Yeah.” Capri agreed mournfully. “Come on, I saw some durians just a little ways out from the town - I don’t know how she stands those horrifically stinky fruit.” the Nocturne chuckled, shaking her head. Davion smiled.

“That’s the spirit. Race you there?” He offered, and Capri grinned at him.

“Last one to the stinky fruit’s an even stinkier egg!”
icebottom2.png

firetop.png
King Bamaal looked up from his meal as Davion and Capri entered the dining hall, the trio of hatchlings looking over at them curiously.

“Capri.” The Guardian spoke, and the Nocturne in question was quick to rush over to the hatchlings.

“C’mon, we’re going outside, okay? Daddy has a surprise for you three!” Capri promised, gently cajoling the babies outside. King Bamaal frowned at Davion, irritation rising in his breast.

“Yes? This better be good, for you to have interrupted my meal.” He grumbled. Out of all the responses he expected his subject give him, Davion launching himself at his own king with a roar was not one of them.

“What is the meaning of this?!” King Bamaal howled, just barely dodging the enraged Guardian in time before the great brute’s bulk took out both his meal and the chair he’d been sitting on. “Capri! Harrowing! Get in here and defend your king!!”

“They’re not coming.” Davion rumbled, stalking closer to the now panicking king, so much smaller than the Guardian bent on killing him. “No more. You would have us drown in Beastclan blood, and I won’t watch my friends, my charge, my daughter, or anyone else die because of your arrogance!”

“Get away from me!” King Bamaal howled, striking Davion with a blast of shadow before frantically darting out of the way of the next attack. This wasn’t supposed to end like this. He was supposed to grow in power, get his revenge, not face down the gaping maw of his own subject.

This wasn’t-!!
coli_defeated.pngcoli_defeated.png
firebottom.png

shadowtop2.png
Uncle Davion’s surprise had been really fun. They’d played games aaaaall day, even though Banith knew father wouldn’t like it. But Uncle Davion had told her not to worry about it, that it was okay, and if he said so then it must be.

“When do you think daddy will be back?” Azami asked, looking curiously toward the palace window. Aquila shrugged.

“Dunno.” She said, getting a look from the baby Guardian.

“You’re so helpful.” She grumbled, making Banith giggle.

“I wonder what kind of treasure they’ll bring home? Uncle Davion said there was this really important relic thingy that would protect our home, right? What do you think it’ll look like?” the baby Mirror wondered.

“Hmm…oh, maybe a castle!” Aquila chirped, only to get smacked over the head by Azami.

“Stupid, we already have a castle!” She hissed. Aquila scowled at her.

“So what? Maybe we’ll get a bigger one!” She said defensively. Azami scoffed.

“You can’t carry a castle, stupid. It’s a castle!”

“Stop calling me stupid!” Aquila howled, spreading her wings wide to try and intimidate Azami. “I’m not stupid!”

“You are too!”

“Am not!”

“Are too!”

“Am n-!”

“Guys, please stop!” Banith shouted, getting her friends’ attention. They gave each other grudging looks, before deflating.

“Sorry.”

“‘M sorry too.” There was a pause, before Aquila spoke again. “So…what do you think the treasure is?”

“Hmm…” Banith hummed thoughtfully, thinking it over. It had to be something big, and pretty. Ooh, and magic too! “I think-“

A loud crack, tore through the air, making all three hatchlings jump and squeal.

“It’s a Beastclan attack!”

“Hide!!”

The baby dragons scattered, throwing themselves into cupboards and slamming the doors shut in the hopes that the marauding army would overlook them. Trembling, all the hatchlings could do was wait for someone to come tell them it was okay.

But nobody came. Azami, Banith, and Aquila stayed hidden for more than an hour, hardly daring to breathe. But even hatchlings could only stay still for so long, especially when no sounds of battle could be heard, and curiosity had them peeking out of their hiding places.

“Do you think it’s over?” Banith asked fearfully. Azami frowned.

“I’m gonna go look!”

“Wait, no! We’re not supposed to-!” Aquila started to protest, but the little Guardian was already out the door. “Azami!”

The Imperial and Mirror quickly scrambled after their friend, only to find a puzzling sight. Everyone was just…sleeping, sprawled out on the ground.

“Hey, Uncle Davion, wake up.” Banith said, poking her guardian. Aquila giggled.

“They’re being silly. Wake uuuuup, copycat!” The hatchling sniggered, poking and prodding the slumbering Nocturne. “Wake up or I’m gonna bounce on youuuu!”

“C’mon daddy, up!” Azami laughed, before jumping on her father’s stomach. “Up, up, up!”

But he didn’t get up. A chill ran down Banith’s spine.

“U-uncle Davion, this isn’t funny anymore. Wake up!” She yelled, pushing and shoving at the motionless Guardian dragon. “Wake up!” Why wasn’t he waking up?!

“Guys…I think they’re dead.” Aquila whispered, eyes wide. Banith and Azami’s heads whipped around to stare at her, before looking back at the dragons lying motionless in the town clearing.

“Noooooo!! You can’t be dead!” Azami howled, shaking her father back and forth. “You can’t be dead!”

Banith was shaking him too, but he wasn’t moving. Nobody was moving, nobody was alive, nobody-

“Wh-what’s this?” Aquila said, coming over and touching uncle Davion’s paw. He was holding something; Azami and Banith watched as their friend carefully uncurled Davion’s claws from the thing.

“Is that…the treasure?” Banith asked. “Let me see!”

“I’m not done looking at it!” Aquila snapped, the other two gathering around her to take a closer look.

“It’s just a rock.” Azami said. Banith couldn’t help but agree; it had a weird letter on it, but still a rock. It was even cracked down the middle! “What kind of treasure is a rock?”

“Do you think this was supposed to help protect us?” Aquila asked. Banith hissed, tears gathering in all four of her eyes.

“Some treasure that was!” She howled, before knocking it out of Aquila’s hands.

“Banith!!”

“It killed everybody! They brought it home an’ now they’re dead!” She sobbed. Her friends looked at each other’s, tears pooling in their own eyes, before they began crying too.

It would be hours before the hatchlings got all the crying out of their systems. Hours in which they buried their parents, their friends, and took uncle Davion and Capri’s eggs from their root nest on the ground back up to the palace. Cause, cause babies were the kingdom’s treasure, and nobody wanted ‘em to die.

It was eventually decided that since Banith was King Bamaal’s daughter, that made her queen now that he was…gone. Long live Queen Banith; may her reign be ever prosperous.
coli_defeated.pngcoli_defeated.png

shadowbottom2.png
I take it back I take back everything I said about lair space

Guys. Guys, send help, I HAVE NO ADULTS LEFT. Davion this was really horrific timing, now the babies you committed regicide for are in a race against the clock: either they’ll live long enough to reach adulthood (or a newcomer will stumble over Havenshire and take the reins), or they’ll die the last of their kingdom.

As for hatchling rolls, no news is good news. If a hatchling dies you’ll hear about it, trust me.

Banith is queen because the hatchlings weren’t aware of the coup. Davion and Capri were going to tell them once they got the kingdom’s defenses set up, but, weeeell…that didn’t go so well.

Time to go update/Exalt the dragons. Let’s just hope we pull through this, aaaaa. They’re only two days old with a 50/50 mortality rate help me D:
Holy guacamole this was intense

I wish the hatchies the best of luck
Holy guacamole this was intense

I wish the hatchies the best of luck
1c8q357.png 6IcEXCU.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12