Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] Highnoon Jack
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I'm so glad that the water egg made it back safe and sound! Jack certainly attracts some trouble, poor fella. (I'll pass on the lil hatchling this time)
I'm so glad that the water egg made it back safe and sound! Jack certainly attracts some trouble, poor fella. (I'll pass on the lil hatchling this time)
pX7ILV5.png *************************************
Oh, what a lovely little fellow - I’d definitely be interested!
Oh, what a lovely little fellow - I’d definitely be interested!
tumblr_ovtz1tN6nh1tv56zio1_75sq.png tumblr_o6ikuvf6GR1u1qfsvo1_75sq.pngc4eUz.gif
tumblr_otmi52hHFv1tv56zio6_r1_1280.png
omg, they are so cute with that art! I'm definitely interest. All 3 water dragons are super neat too!
omg, they are so cute with that art! I'm definitely interest. All 3 water dragons are super neat too!
Pixel art of a nocturne. The nocturne has a black body and red wings and is covered in red and gold jewelry. There is an animated fire aura on top of the dragon that bounces up and down
I used a random name picker to select the winner. It chose: [img]https://i.imgur.com/lFXHzwr.png[/img] @cartographic! I'll send them over to you now. I'm not sure the etiquette around pinging people who entered but did not win... I'm playing it safe this time since I don't want to bother people on the holidays, but if you'd prefer a ping either way in the future just let me know! I'll be back sometime next week with another update! Plenty more chances to get a hatchling or maybe even an unhatched egg =U (also pinglist has been updated!)
I used a random name picker to select the winner. It chose:

lFXHzwr.png

@cartographic! I'll send them over to you now.

I'm not sure the etiquette around pinging people who entered but did not win... I'm playing it safe this time since I don't want to bother people on the holidays, but if you'd prefer a ping either way in the future just let me know!

I'll be back sometime next week with another update! Plenty more chances to get a hatchling or maybe even an unhatched egg =U

(also pinglist has been updated!)

hC2istt.png
Oh wow, thank you so much? I’ll take good care of him!
Oh wow, thank you so much? I’ll take good care of him!
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
[center][item=display frills] ----- [i]"I will ensure you arrive safely back to the coast, but tell me Jack... is there nothing more you want? You risked so much to get here, we only see it fitting to repay the trouble." Jack rubbed the back of his head and waved a hand appeasingly at Harinetra. "No no, really, it's fine." For a brief moment he let himself ponder all the exorbitant things he could ask for. Maybe something that would let him retire and live out the rest of his life comfortably. Was such a thing even possible? "Actually, there is one thing..."[/i] ----- The sun was slowly setting over the Sea of a Thousand Currents. The old Bogsneak stood on the shoreline with a fierce scowl. His blood boiled so hot it might well have turned the sand under his feet to glass. "Twigy shrimp be swindlin me but good. Here I be, payin one rat to chase another! Hah!" he huffed loudly. "If he ever be walkin these shores again, I'll be wringin his scrawny neck..." No sooner did the words leave his mouth did a massive whirlpool begin to appear just a few yards off shore. The ocean churned and thrashed and sprayed the surrounding areas with seawater as an immense object began to rise up through the vortex. Narrow at first, like a large wooden cross rising from a watery grave... a mast... followed shortly by the remainder of an impressively ornate, exceptionally large galleon ship. [img]https://i.imgur.com/JPdXmWd.png[/img] The Bogsneak's pipe fell to the sand as his jaw went slack. "Good Tidelord below!" He was in shock. His eyes could barely take in the entirety of the ship, but somehow they managed to spy a familiar figure clinging desperately to the side of the ship's bow. "Oi! Ya scrawny shrimp! What did ye manage ta get yerself into??" Jack's face was pale, feathers ruffled and eyes frantic, with one hand clasped firmly over his mouth. He threw his head over the side of the ship to once again acquaint the Sea with his last meal. ----- "She be MINE?" the old Bogsneak exclaimed. "Well, ah, there was a bit of unforeseen turbulence with the skiff... but the Water Flight was more than generous in compensating for the loss." "I be tellin ye boy, was gettin worried... but ye've more than made up for it aint ye? Tell me lad, if there's anythin I can be doin for ye, just say the word!" Jack chimed in without hesitation. "Since you so graciously offered, I DO need a ride to the Driftwood Drag. I have a horse and a merchant cart that will need to be transported." "HA! That all?" The Bogsneak slapped Jack on the shoulder, nearly knocking him off his feet. "Boy, just be callin me ol Cap'n Harbin! I'll sail ye there, shant be a problem. Once I be musterin a crew, that is..." "That's fine by me," replied Jack, picking himself back up. "I'd like a few days to actually digest a meal..." Harbin laughed jovially and and slapped Jack on the shoulder again, this time sending him face first into the sand. ----- [b]Pinglist:[/b] @Tala2121, @kingcrown, @feleathion, @Hazeledpoppy, @Slate021, @Mask, @Samelf, @Lola96, @Pelagic, @BoyTown, @ZippoFeuer, @Weredogalism, @cartographic, @DinoGirlJ, @TheAwesoMew, @Sofia007, @Wufflesnuff, @ARandomPerson Took a little break for the holidays but I'm back at it =)[/center]
Display Frills

"I will ensure you arrive safely back to the coast, but tell me Jack... is there nothing more you want? You risked so much to get here, we only see it fitting to repay the trouble."

Jack rubbed the back of his head and waved a hand appeasingly at Harinetra. "No no, really, it's fine."

For a brief moment he let himself ponder all the exorbitant things he could ask for. Maybe something that would let him retire and live out the rest of his life comfortably. Was such a thing even possible?

"Actually, there is one thing..."

The sun was slowly setting over the Sea of a Thousand Currents. The old Bogsneak stood on the shoreline with a fierce scowl. His blood boiled so hot it might well have turned the sand under his feet to glass.

"Twigy shrimp be swindlin me but good. Here I be, payin one rat to chase another! Hah!" he huffed loudly. "If he ever be walkin these shores again, I'll be wringin his scrawny neck..."

No sooner did the words leave his mouth did a massive whirlpool begin to appear just a few yards off shore. The ocean churned and thrashed and sprayed the surrounding areas with seawater as an immense object began to rise up through the vortex. Narrow at first, like a large wooden cross rising from a watery grave... a mast... followed shortly by the remainder of an impressively ornate, exceptionally large galleon ship.

JPdXmWd.png

The Bogsneak's pipe fell to the sand as his jaw went slack.

"Good Tidelord below!"

He was in shock. His eyes could barely take in the entirety of the ship, but somehow they managed to spy a familiar figure clinging desperately to the side of the ship's bow.

"Oi! Ya scrawny shrimp! What did ye manage ta get yerself into??"

Jack's face was pale, feathers ruffled and eyes frantic, with one hand clasped firmly over his mouth. He threw his head over the side of the ship to once again acquaint the Sea with his last meal.

"She be MINE?" the old Bogsneak exclaimed.

"Well, ah, there was a bit of unforeseen turbulence with the skiff... but the Water Flight was more than generous in compensating for the loss."

"I be tellin ye boy, was gettin worried... but ye've more than made up for it aint ye? Tell me lad, if there's anythin I can be doin for ye, just say the word!"

Jack chimed in without hesitation. "Since you so graciously offered, I DO need a ride to the Driftwood Drag. I have a horse and a merchant cart that will need to be transported."

"HA! That all?" The Bogsneak slapped Jack on the shoulder, nearly knocking him off his feet.

"Boy, just be callin me ol Cap'n Harbin! I'll sail ye there, shant be a problem. Once I be musterin a crew, that is..."

"That's fine by me," replied Jack, picking himself back up. "I'd like a few days to actually digest a meal..."

Harbin laughed jovially and and slapped Jack on the shoulder again, this time sending him face first into the sand.

Pinglist:
@Tala2121, @kingcrown, @feleathion, @Hazeledpoppy, @Slate021, @Mask, @Samelf, @Lola96, @Pelagic, @BoyTown, @ZippoFeuer, @Weredogalism, @cartographic, @DinoGirlJ, @TheAwesoMew, @Sofia007, @Wufflesnuff, @ARandomPerson

Took a little break for the holidays but I'm back at it =)
hC2istt.png
Awwww that was adorable! <3 Also lol, poor seasick Jack.
Awwww that was adorable! <3 Also lol, poor seasick Jack.
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
Haha, smart thinking, Jack! I wonder of Cap'n Harbin will play a larger role than previously imagined in this tale...
Haha, smart thinking, Jack! I wonder of Cap'n Harbin will play a larger role than previously imagined in this tale...
LhnYpua.png s3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-l11-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-m36-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-s16-book.pngB7_R.png
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »
|| 2+ FR Time | She/Her | The Calm Before the Storm | fr__lightning_by_baelfin-d8uyn76.png fr__beastclans_by_baelfin-d92uyiw.png ||

• { Lockedown } - Chill Biolocke + Necrolocke
• { Thunder Hollow } - Clan Lore [WIP]

{ Assets: x x x }
eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
What a good boy!

Asking for a replacement ship for the old Sneak instead of leaving him high, and quite literally dry lol!

He could've asked for a life time supply of the finest meats- and alfalfa/hay for Tim- I actually half thought he was gonna ask for something for his horse friend!

Yea....Good thing it's going to take a little bit to get a crew together eh, poor Jack and his seasickness lol!

Maybe a local apothecary carries either a real deal seasickness potion/****, or a placebo that makes him think he's not gonna hurl!

Wonder if downing ginger ale would help?

Hmm, does rum help with settling a pirate's stomach, especially newbies?

Well, we can all hope he get's used to it, or that the trip is quick!
What a good boy!

Asking for a replacement ship for the old Sneak instead of leaving him high, and quite literally dry lol!

He could've asked for a life time supply of the finest meats- and alfalfa/hay for Tim- I actually half thought he was gonna ask for something for his horse friend!

Yea....Good thing it's going to take a little bit to get a crew together eh, poor Jack and his seasickness lol!

Maybe a local apothecary carries either a real deal seasickness potion/****, or a placebo that makes him think he's not gonna hurl!

Wonder if downing ginger ale would help?

Hmm, does rum help with settling a pirate's stomach, especially newbies?

Well, we can all hope he get's used to it, or that the trip is quick!
HKrGNct.png
tDeKDnH.png umbreon.gif 86403830.png[endcol]
[center][item=Seeker Brooch] ----- It was nearly pitch black in the lower deck of Cap'n Harbin's ship, which had lovingly been named "The Diluvian". A shabby oil lantern was hanging from a nail just above the entrance stairwell, providing only a faint flicker of warm orange light. A damp rag was draped over Jack's forehead as he sat with his back against a wall. Tim was standing with the wagon, hitched to a wooden beam nearby. Loud, heavy footsteps made their way down the stairs, and Harbin reached up to grab the lantern. "Where ye be at, boy? Ye makin' due down here in the dark?" He flashed the lantern from side to side until he caught a glimpse of Jack's face. "Oi, I be seein' ye still pale'sa ghost..." "It seems I still haven't quite figured out my sea legs," he replied with a sickly smile. "But this is much better than the skiff, I will admit." Harbin laughed. "Aye, oceans better than me ol' skiff I'd say!" "I'm still impressed you managed to get a crew together on such short notice. It probably takes at least 20 dragons to run this ship." "30! An probably be needin' more soon enough. But it aint be bein' too hard to round up a crew these days, too many hatchlin's be wantin' to make a livin' adventurin' on the high sea. They be thinkin' its a pirate's life for them!" "Do you think that's what you'll do? Become a pirate?" Harbin squinted an eye and scratched under his chin. "Me? Bein' a pirate? Well now, I guess I aint been thinkin' like that... but supposes there ARE treasures out there on that high sea..." Jack lowered the rag to cover his eyes. "I didn't see a thing, my friend." Harbin let out another hardy laugh. "Aye, you be a funny friend indeed! Rest while ye can, we'll be makin' landfall at the Driftwood Drag before sundown!" ------- Chatter from above snapped Jack awake as he heard a crewman cry out "land ahead!". No sooner had he stood up did Harbin once again come thundering down the stairs, followed by two burly Snappers. "Rise an shine me lad! The Drag be callin' yer name, and me mates here'll be liftin' that cargo ye got." Tim stomped and whinnied in disapproval. "Thank you again, my friend. Please be careful with the wagon... it's quite fragile." "Aye, I never did be askin' what ye be haulin' in that thing." "Glass," Jack replied, hastily stumbling over to the wagon. He reached a hand under the tarp, careful not to actually lift it. "I'm a glass merchant. I sell some of the finest glass wares in Sornieth, all directly from the Expanse. Here, have one." He pulled out a small glass seashell and offered it to Harbin. "A memento, I guess. The first of many plunders." "Glass that be indeed, and a mighty fine lookin' sculpture at that! Thank ye kindly lad. Boys, take ear of that! This wagon be filled to the brim with glass, and I won't be seein' a single broken bit, aye?" "Aye, captain," the two Snappers said in unison as they carefully lifted the wagon. "I reckon you'll be handlin' the pony then, lad?" Tim snorted. "Aye, captain." ----- @Tala2121, @kingcrown, @feleathion, @Hazeledpoppy, @Slate021, @Mask, @Samelf, @Lola96, @Pelagic, @BoyTown, @ZippoFeuer, @Weredogalism, @cartographic, @DinoGirlJ, @TheAwesoMew, @Sofia007, @Wufflesnuff, @ARandomPerson Oi, took a while to update this. I was going to do a comic but it wasn't coming out the way I wanted, so writing instead. More interesting stuff on the horizon, though. I've done a few pulls in advance to know where we're headed and the next couple should be fun! [/center]
Seeker Brooch

It was nearly pitch black in the lower deck of Cap'n Harbin's ship, which had lovingly been named "The Diluvian". A shabby oil lantern was hanging from a nail just above the entrance stairwell, providing only a faint flicker of warm orange light.

A damp rag was draped over Jack's forehead as he sat with his back against a wall. Tim was standing with the wagon, hitched to a wooden beam nearby.

Loud, heavy footsteps made their way down the stairs, and Harbin reached up to grab the lantern.

"Where ye be at, boy? Ye makin' due down here in the dark?" He flashed the lantern from side to side until he caught a glimpse of Jack's face.

"Oi, I be seein' ye still pale'sa ghost..."

"It seems I still haven't quite figured out my sea legs," he replied with a sickly smile. "But this is much better than the skiff, I will admit."

Harbin laughed. "Aye, oceans better than me ol' skiff I'd say!"

"I'm still impressed you managed to get a crew together on such short notice. It probably takes at least 20 dragons to run this ship."

"30! An probably be needin' more soon enough. But it aint be bein' too hard to round up a crew these days, too many hatchlin's be wantin' to make a livin' adventurin' on the high sea. They be thinkin' its a pirate's life for them!"

"Do you think that's what you'll do? Become a pirate?"

Harbin squinted an eye and scratched under his chin. "Me? Bein' a pirate? Well now, I guess I aint been thinkin' like that... but supposes there ARE treasures out there on that high sea..."

Jack lowered the rag to cover his eyes. "I didn't see a thing, my friend."

Harbin let out another hardy laugh. "Aye, you be a funny friend indeed! Rest while ye can, we'll be makin' landfall at the Driftwood Drag before sundown!"

Chatter from above snapped Jack awake as he heard a crewman cry out "land ahead!". No sooner had he stood up did Harbin once again come thundering down the stairs, followed by two burly Snappers.

"Rise an shine me lad! The Drag be callin' yer name, and me mates here'll be liftin' that cargo ye got."

Tim stomped and whinnied in disapproval.

"Thank you again, my friend. Please be careful with the wagon... it's quite fragile."

"Aye, I never did be askin' what ye be haulin' in that thing."

"Glass," Jack replied, hastily stumbling over to the wagon. He reached a hand under the tarp, careful not to actually lift it. "I'm a glass merchant. I sell some of the finest glass wares in Sornieth, all directly from the Expanse. Here, have one." He pulled out a small glass seashell and offered it to Harbin. "A memento, I guess. The first of many plunders."

"Glass that be indeed, and a mighty fine lookin' sculpture at that! Thank ye kindly lad. Boys, take ear of that! This wagon be filled to the brim with glass, and I won't be seein' a single broken bit, aye?"

"Aye, captain," the two Snappers said in unison as they carefully lifted the wagon.

"I reckon you'll be handlin' the pony then, lad?"

Tim snorted.

"Aye, captain."

@Tala2121, @kingcrown, @feleathion, @Hazeledpoppy, @Slate021, @Mask, @Samelf, @Lola96, @Pelagic, @BoyTown, @ZippoFeuer, @Weredogalism, @cartographic, @DinoGirlJ, @TheAwesoMew, @Sofia007, @Wufflesnuff, @ARandomPerson

Oi, took a while to update this. I was going to do a comic but it wasn't coming out the way I wanted, so writing instead. More interesting stuff on the horizon, though. I've done a few pulls in advance to know where we're headed and the next couple should be fun!
hC2istt.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7