Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] Beneath the Boughs
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 249 250
@Petall This is an interesting challenge. Also hello there, fellow Nature Flight member :D
@Petall This is an interesting challenge. Also hello there, fellow Nature Flight member :D
eA9odUz.png
@feleathion

Hello!!! Nice to meet you! Always nice to meet another Nature Flight member! Do you want to me on the pinglist?
@feleathion

Hello!!! Nice to meet you! Always nice to meet another Nature Flight member! Do you want to me on the pinglist?
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall sure!
@Petall sure!
eA9odUz.png
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3079103/10#post_49725863]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 9: A Conversation[/u][/b] [item=snakeskin cloth] Sentence: Writing[/center] ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73734606][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=2149676&skin=0&apparel=30204,30205,21803,21804,21809,21806&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73747671][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=73747671&skin=36039&apparel=23109,23108,23093&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Mind if I join you?" Sage looked up to see Alps pushing through the undergrowth, looking on at her with a concerned look in their eyes. In her embarrassment, she realized her cheeks were streaked with tears, and quickly moved to wipe them away. "There's no shame in crying," Alps said softly. "It's good to let your emotions out." "I just don't know how I can do this. The task the Gladekeeper gave me is so [i]big[/i]," Sage sobbed. "I can't bear the thought of failure. I can't lose another one like I lost-" She swallowed. "Her eyes were the same as his, you know. The exact same shade of blood-red." "I know what it's like to fail to protect someone. Not to the degree you have of course, I could never know what it is like to have a charge, to share that bond. But-" Alps took a deep breath. "There were a lot of dragons Adriel was able to kill while she was with me. I still lie awake at night, feeling like I should have stopped it somehow, feeling like it's somehow my fault." Sage just stared at them, seeing her pain reflected in their eyes. "Now, everyone's emotional journey is their own, and I can't tell you how to heal or move on from this. But I'll tell you what helped me. Remember, you are still alive," Alps began. "There are dragons out there who care a lot about you, who are also still alive. And yes, it is too late for your first charge, and that's tragic, and you are going to mourn that for the rest of your life in one way or another. But there are dragons out there who need your protection, who are still living and breathing. And maybe you won't be able to protect them all, I can't promise that, but there will be dragons who will live a whole lot longer because you were there to protect them. You have a second chance at life, something most dragons do not have, and it's yours to use how you want, but do you really want to keep punishing yourself for something you have suffered enough for? Do you really want to lose your family?" Sage stared down at the pond in front of her, taking in everything the imperial had said. "I have not had a family for a long time," Sage sighed. "But you have one now. Morning sees you as his mother, you helped raise him. He is as much your child as any you could have borne yourself," Alps reminded her. "And Shale cares so much for you, I can see it in the way he looks at you. Morning is not the only reason he has stayed here so long, you know. The way he looks at you, and moves around you, it's clear you are the center of his universe." "The feelings I have for him, I've never had for another dragon before," Sage admitted, feeling her heart pound faster as the words left her mouth. "These emotions, they scare me. I don't know what to [i]do[/i] with them. And they only got stronger while we were raising Morning together, I think I'm scared about what they mean. I've never relied on another dragon before in any capacity, it's always been me and Refuge, or me and Elle." "Loving another dragon does not mean you lose your autonomy. At least, not in a healthy relationship." Alps explained. "And you definitely don't have to do anything you don't want to do, but at least think about whether or not this is something you really want to push away before you do it. If the answer is yes, you just want to remain casual friends with him, that's great, you can stay at that level. If the answer is no, you want something more, that's something worth talking with him about at the very least." "Yeah, you're right," Sage sighed, bringing a deep breath of air into her lungs to calm herself down. "I'll need to think about this, but Refuge is right, I can't turn my back on my calling any longer. And I don't want to see Shale and Morning go. They can stay as long as they want." "Really, that's all you need to have figured out," Alps grinned and placed a tail on Sage's shoulder in comfort. "Look after yourself, okay? I know you have this grand purpose of protection, but you have to protect yourself as well. If you ever need to talk to someone, to get anything off your chest, I'm happy to listen. I plan on sticking around a while yet, at the very least until Adriel shoves off." "Alps?" Sage asked as she got to her feet. "Yeah?" They responded looking at the guardian inquisitively. "Don't blame yourself for what happened with Adriel either. She was the one who decided her career path, you are not to blame for her victims," Sage said, willing the imperial to believe it. "I know, logically, that you are right, but it's gonna take some time for it to work its way down here," They flicked their tail towards their heart. "But thank you, I appreciate the reminder." "Let's head back, I need to apologize to Shale and Morning," Sage shook herself to relieve the tension that had been building in her back. "You coming?" "I'll be back soon, I just want to think a bit," Alps grinned. "Safe travels, I'll see you in a bit!" "Alright, I'll send Shale to come looking for you if you are gone too long," Sage smirked. "After all, as long as you live in The Refuge, you are under my protection." Alps chucked, "Now that's the spirit we're looking for!" ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3079103/13#post_49740272]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@Drachenschwinge @Dynami @Leopardmask @Sabariel @BarbaraFett @Disillusionist @Dakala @Wufflesnuff @Tirtouga678 @chippertowns @Aetherstorm @MisterMylez @cartographic @Calyrex @Gender @feleathion [/center] ----- Time for a more cathartic chapter! I wasn't planning for Sage's confessions of her feelings for Shale to be so soon, but it just felt right to be here now. Especially in a Pinkerlocke, where any day could spell death for anyone. Also, the more I write for Alps, the more I love them. I am so honored that they get to be the founder for my alphabet legacy challenge.

Day 9: A Conversation
Snakeskin Cloth
Sentence: Writing

scry?sdid=2149676&skin=0&apparel=30204,30205,21803,21804,21809,21806&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=73747671&skin=36039&apparel=23109,23108,23093&xt=dressing.png

"Mind if I join you?"

Sage looked up to see Alps pushing through the undergrowth, looking on at her with a concerned look in their eyes. In her embarrassment, she realized her cheeks were streaked with tears, and quickly moved to wipe them away.

"There's no shame in crying," Alps said softly. "It's good to let your emotions out."

"I just don't know how I can do this. The task the Gladekeeper gave me is so big," Sage sobbed. "I can't bear the thought of failure. I can't lose another one like I lost-" She swallowed. "Her eyes were the same as his, you know. The exact same shade of blood-red."

"I know what it's like to fail to protect someone. Not to the degree you have of course, I could never know what it is like to have a charge, to share that bond. But-" Alps took a deep breath. "There were a lot of dragons Adriel was able to kill while she was with me. I still lie awake at night, feeling like I should have stopped it somehow, feeling like it's somehow my fault."

Sage just stared at them, seeing her pain reflected in their eyes.

"Now, everyone's emotional journey is their own, and I can't tell you how to heal or move on from this. But I'll tell you what helped me. Remember, you are still alive," Alps began. "There are dragons out there who care a lot about you, who are also still alive. And yes, it is too late for your first charge, and that's tragic, and you are going to mourn that for the rest of your life in one way or another. But there are dragons out there who need your protection, who are still living and breathing. And maybe you won't be able to protect them all, I can't promise that, but there will be dragons who will live a whole lot longer because you were there to protect them. You have a second chance at life, something most dragons do not have, and it's yours to use how you want, but do you really want to keep punishing yourself for something you have suffered enough for? Do you really want to lose your family?"

Sage stared down at the pond in front of her, taking in everything the imperial had said.

"I have not had a family for a long time," Sage sighed.

"But you have one now. Morning sees you as his mother, you helped raise him. He is as much your child as any you could have borne yourself," Alps reminded her. "And Shale cares so much for you, I can see it in the way he looks at you. Morning is not the only reason he has stayed here so long, you know. The way he looks at you, and moves around you, it's clear you are the center of his universe."

"The feelings I have for him, I've never had for another dragon before," Sage admitted, feeling her heart pound faster as the words left her mouth. "These emotions, they scare me. I don't know what to do with them. And they only got stronger while we were raising Morning together, I think I'm scared about what they mean. I've never relied on another dragon before in any capacity, it's always been me and Refuge, or me and Elle."

"Loving another dragon does not mean you lose your autonomy. At least, not in a healthy relationship." Alps explained. "And you definitely don't have to do anything you don't want to do, but at least think about whether or not this is something you really want to push away before you do it. If the answer is yes, you just want to remain casual friends with him, that's great, you can stay at that level. If the answer is no, you want something more, that's something worth talking with him about at the very least."

"Yeah, you're right," Sage sighed, bringing a deep breath of air into her lungs to calm herself down. "I'll need to think about this, but Refuge is right, I can't turn my back on my calling any longer. And I don't want to see Shale and Morning go. They can stay as long as they want."

"Really, that's all you need to have figured out," Alps grinned and placed a tail on Sage's shoulder in comfort. "Look after yourself, okay? I know you have this grand purpose of protection, but you have to protect yourself as well. If you ever need to talk to someone, to get anything off your chest, I'm happy to listen. I plan on sticking around a while yet, at the very least until Adriel shoves off."

"Alps?" Sage asked as she got to her feet.

"Yeah?" They responded looking at the guardian inquisitively.

"Don't blame yourself for what happened with Adriel either. She was the one who decided her career path, you are not to blame for her victims," Sage said, willing the imperial to believe it.

"I know, logically, that you are right, but it's gonna take some time for it to work its way down here," They flicked their tail towards their heart. "But thank you, I appreciate the reminder."

"Let's head back, I need to apologize to Shale and Morning," Sage shook herself to relieve the tension that had been building in her back. "You coming?"

"I'll be back soon, I just want to think a bit," Alps grinned. "Safe travels, I'll see you in a bit!"

"Alright, I'll send Shale to come looking for you if you are gone too long," Sage smirked. "After all, as long as you live in The Refuge, you are under my protection."

Alps chucked, "Now that's the spirit we're looking for!"

Time for a more cathartic chapter! I wasn't planning for Sage's confessions of her feelings for Shale to be so soon, but it just felt right to be here now. Especially in a Pinkerlocke, where any day could spell death for anyone.

Also, the more I write for Alps, the more I love them. I am so honored that they get to be the founder for my alphabet legacy challenge.
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
QwQ awwwwwwww [emoji=mirror sad size=1],,,,,,,,,, the feels ;w;
QwQ awwwwwwww ,,,,,,,,,, the feels ;w;
@Wufflesnuff I know... [emoji=imperial sad size=2]
@Wufflesnuff

I know...
Oh BLESS... I just want to give all of these dragons a big hug [emoji=bogsneak sad size=1] (except Adriel, although I would still absolutely want to give her a fun gift or something)
Oh BLESS... I just want to give all of these dragons a big hug (except Adriel, although I would still absolutely want to give her a fun gift or something)
transcatcher.png
Awww, this chapter was so nice to read! :"D I really wish this peace would continue but the show must go on...
Awww, this chapter was so nice to read! :"D I really wish this peace would continue but the show must go on...
Tirtouga | FR +16 | she/her

Alps and sage’s friendship is so precious,,,,,,,,, QwQ
Alps and sage’s friendship is so precious,,,,,,,,, QwQ
@Gender

Honestly, they all could use a big hug (except Adriel who is honestly just vibing).

@Tirtouga678

Who knows what the pulls hold for us...
@Gender

Honestly, they all could use a big hug (except Adriel who is honestly just vibing).

@Tirtouga678

Who knows what the pulls hold for us...
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 249 250