Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Ghostclan: A Warriors Casual Pinkerlocke
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DAY 55 [center][b][font=times new roman][size=4]BOOK ONE CHAPTER 41 SECRET CONNECTION[/size][/b] Item of the Day: [item=black satin tunic][/center] [font=arial] Adderclaw came hobbling into the medicine den, groaning with agitation as Tinyflame helped him. There was a nasty bitemark on his back, and though he was never a dragon to complain, it was obvious he was in some amount of pain. Concerned, Branchblossom ran up to him. "What on earth happened?" she asked Adderclaw, already assessing the wound to see what kind of herbs she would need to treat it. "We were training out in the Crystal Pools," he said. "Was defending Tinyflame and a Sturgeon got a nasty gash in my shoulder." Branchblossom nodded. "We'll need to clean the wound and treat it with herbs, Adderclaw." She led the Pearlcatcher male to a nest in the medicine den, laying him down. She smiled at Tinyflame. "I can take it from here, Tinyflame. He's going to be alright." The red female nodded and ran out of the medicine den. "This might hurt a bit," said Branchblossom, gathering her herbs and looking over to the dragon. "No problem," said Adderclaw. "Do what you must. I won't complain." the Pearlcatcher smiled reassuringly at Branchblossom, and she felt her face heating up. She quickly turned back to her herbs. "I'm really glad that the wound didn't go any deeper," said Branchblossom. "Had it gone much further, you would have gotten more long-term damage. We can't be losing a new deputy already." She gently began to clean the wound in his shoulder. Adderclaw gritted his teeth, but was sure not to complain as he knew the treatment was needed. Branchblossom noticed this and tried to distract him with some conversation. "How is training Tinyflame, anyways?" she asked. "Fine. She's learning quickly." Adderclaw rested his head on his claws, allowing himself to relax as Branchblossom worked. "I worry about her impulsive nature, however. I hope it subsides a bit as she ages or else she could end up getting hurt." Branchblossom nodded with understanding. "Mentoring a warrior sounds so interesting. Much too intense for me, really. Not to mention your responsibility of being deputy to go along with it..." "I'm still shocked I was chosen, to be honest," confessed Adderclaw. "I'd barely started apprentencing Tinyflame when Beigefur died. I thought you were supposed to have mentored an apprentice already to become a deputy." "I think my mother made an exception for you," said Branchblossom with a smile. "You remind her of my father. He was our clan's first deputy when it was founded. A noble dragon. She misses him terribly, and I think you've helped her with her grief a bit. You're a great dragon, Adderclaw." Adderclaw felt himself blushing beneath his fur, and nervously, he flickered his green eyes around the medicine den. "Speaking of training, where is your apprentice?" "He's out gathering herbs and supplies," said Branchblossom. "He shows promise of being a great medicine dragon one day. Much more confident than I was at his age." "I don't think any dragon could be a better medicine dragon than you," said Adderclaw. He smiled gently. It wasn't long before Branchblossom was done treating the wound, and it was bandaged. "As long as you're careful with it, you can still continue to train Tinyflame until it's fully healed," she said. She helped him to his feet. "If you need anything, please do stop by." She smiled. What was she feeling? She felt very comfortable with Adderclaw, but she somehow found it hard to meet his eyes. He was very handsome.. He stopped on his way out and turned his head in her direction. "We could.. go on a walk or something, later," he said. "After the clan meeting tonight. Hauntedstar is going to make Daisygaze into an apprentice. I could meet you there." Branchblossom nodded. "I'll... see you there, then." ----- [font=arial] Hauntedstar leapt upon highrock, calling to her dragons. Daisygaze was assigned as an apprentice to Sunheart. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70093227][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/700933/70093227_350.png[/img][/url] As promised, Branchblossom met Adderclaw at the entrance of camp after the meeting and the two went on a walk through Ghostclan territory. "So, were Hauntedstar and Fragmenttail mates before they became leader and deputy?" Branchblossom shook her head. "No. Mother fell in love with him after seeing his capabilities as a deputy and eventually as a leader. She asked him to be her mate after they had been leading a while, and they kept the relationship secret in order not to shock the clan members." She flicked her tail as she recounted the story, smiling as the remembered the happiness her mother had had when Fragmenttail was around. "She always thought that he'd outlive her and become a greater leader than she ever was." "Sounds difficult to hold a relationship like that," said Adderclaw. "It was, but they considered it worth it. Perhaps I shouldn't since I'm a medicine dragon, but I want a relationship like that one day." she looked at the Pearlcatcher, and Adderclaw smiled. "If you're suggesting what I believe..." he started, looking at the mirror, "I... wouldn't be opposed." He flicked his ears. "But... the code," said Branchblossom with a sigh. "I have to treat all dragons equally. I'm sure that wouldn't change if we were to be mates, but I am not sure if I trust myself." Adderclaw nodded with understanding, but gave her a wink. "I can always keep you in check." Branchblossom smiled up at him. "I guess you're right, Adderclaw. So that settles it." "I'm yours."
DAY 55
BOOK ONE
CHAPTER 41
SECRET CONNECTION

Item of the Day:
Black Satin Tunic

Adderclaw came hobbling into the medicine den, groaning with agitation as Tinyflame helped him. There was a nasty bitemark on his back, and though he was never a dragon to complain, it was obvious he was in some amount of pain. Concerned, Branchblossom ran up to him.
"What on earth happened?" she asked Adderclaw, already assessing the wound to see what kind of herbs she would need to treat it.

"We were training out in the Crystal Pools," he said. "Was defending Tinyflame and a Sturgeon got a nasty gash in my shoulder."
Branchblossom nodded. "We'll need to clean the wound and treat it with herbs, Adderclaw." She led the Pearlcatcher male to a nest in the medicine den, laying him down. She smiled at Tinyflame. "I can take it from here, Tinyflame. He's going to be alright." The red female nodded and ran out of the medicine den.

"This might hurt a bit," said Branchblossom, gathering her herbs and looking over to the dragon.
"No problem," said Adderclaw. "Do what you must. I won't complain." the Pearlcatcher smiled reassuringly at Branchblossom, and she felt her face heating up. She quickly turned back to her herbs.
"I'm really glad that the wound didn't go any deeper," said Branchblossom. "Had it gone much further, you would have gotten more long-term damage. We can't be losing a new deputy already." She gently began to clean the wound in his shoulder. Adderclaw gritted his teeth, but was sure not to complain as he knew the treatment was needed. Branchblossom noticed this and tried to distract him with some conversation.

"How is training Tinyflame, anyways?" she asked.
"Fine. She's learning quickly." Adderclaw rested his head on his claws, allowing himself to relax as Branchblossom worked. "I worry about her impulsive nature, however. I hope it subsides a bit as she ages or else she could end up getting hurt."
Branchblossom nodded with understanding. "Mentoring a warrior sounds so interesting. Much too intense for me, really. Not to mention your responsibility of being deputy to go along with it..."
"I'm still shocked I was chosen, to be honest," confessed Adderclaw. "I'd barely started apprentencing Tinyflame when Beigefur died. I thought you were supposed to have mentored an apprentice already to become a deputy."
"I think my mother made an exception for you," said Branchblossom with a smile. "You remind her of my father. He was our clan's first deputy when it was founded. A noble dragon. She misses him terribly, and I think you've helped her with her grief a bit. You're a great dragon, Adderclaw."

Adderclaw felt himself blushing beneath his fur, and nervously, he flickered his green eyes around the medicine den. "Speaking of training, where is your apprentice?"
"He's out gathering herbs and supplies," said Branchblossom. "He shows promise of being a great medicine dragon one day. Much more confident than I was at his age."
"I don't think any dragon could be a better medicine dragon than you," said Adderclaw. He smiled gently.

It wasn't long before Branchblossom was done treating the wound, and it was bandaged. "As long as you're careful with it, you can still continue to train Tinyflame until it's fully healed," she said. She helped him to his feet. "If you need anything, please do stop by." She smiled. What was she feeling? She felt very comfortable with Adderclaw, but she somehow found it hard to meet his eyes. He was very handsome..

He stopped on his way out and turned his head in her direction. "We could.. go on a walk or something, later," he said. "After the clan meeting tonight. Hauntedstar is going to make Daisygaze into an apprentice. I could meet you there."
Branchblossom nodded. "I'll... see you there, then."

Hauntedstar leapt upon highrock, calling to her dragons. Daisygaze was assigned as an apprentice to Sunheart.
70093227_350.png
As promised, Branchblossom met Adderclaw at the entrance of camp after the meeting and the two went on a walk through Ghostclan territory.
"So, were Hauntedstar and Fragmenttail mates before they became leader and deputy?"
Branchblossom shook her head. "No. Mother fell in love with him after seeing his capabilities as a deputy and eventually as a leader. She asked him to be her mate after they had been leading a while, and they kept the relationship secret in order not to shock the clan members." She flicked her tail as she recounted the story, smiling as the remembered the happiness her mother had had when Fragmenttail was around. "She always thought that he'd outlive her and become a greater leader than she ever was."

"Sounds difficult to hold a relationship like that," said Adderclaw.
"It was, but they considered it worth it. Perhaps I shouldn't since I'm a medicine dragon, but I want a relationship like that one day." she looked at the Pearlcatcher, and Adderclaw smiled.
"If you're suggesting what I believe..." he started, looking at the mirror, "I... wouldn't be opposed." He flicked his ears.
"But... the code," said Branchblossom with a sigh. "I have to treat all dragons equally. I'm sure that wouldn't change if we were to be mates, but I am not sure if I trust myself."
Adderclaw nodded with understanding, but gave her a wink. "I can always keep you in check."
Branchblossom smiled up at him. "I guess you're right, Adderclaw. So that settles it."
"I'm yours."
Ash | 22 | She/Her | Flight Nomad
CLAN LORE THREAD / PSEUDOLOCKE
DAY 59 [center][b][font=times new roman][size=4]BOOK ONE CHAPTER 42 FLAMECALLER'S BLESSING[/size][/b] (A/N: I forgot to make Wardust into a warrior a couple days back... whoops)[/center] [font=arial] Adderclaw approached his apprentice one morning as she laid in camp, enjoying the warmth of the sun shining in from the cave entrance. "Ready to go on patrol today?" He asked the bright red she-dragon. "Hauntedstar asked me to patrol the borders and I thought you would enjoy coming along." "Sure!" said the she-dragon, flicking her tail with excitement as she followed her mentor out into Ghostclan territory. Adderclaw nodded with approval as he looked over at his apprentice. Tinyflame had made great strides in her progress- it wouldn't be long until it was time for her to be promoted into a warrior. Tracing the borders toward Forbidden Portal, Tinyflame stuck close to Adderclaw as the monsters glared at them from the shadows. Suddenly, Tinyflame lifted her head in high alert. Adderclaw looked at her quizically. "What is it?" he asked. "There," said Tinyflame, flicking her tail towards an Everburn Tangle multiple imperial-lengths away. "It's over clan borders," said Adderclaw. "Don't waste your energy challenging it unless it charges you." But it was too late- Tinyflame was already charging at the creature, letting out an angry growl. The abomination shifted its focus to the fire she-dragon and charged at her as well. "Tinyflame!" growled Adderclaw. "Get back!" But Tinyflame was not listening. Adderclaw let out an exasperated growl- despite her skill, Tinyflame was still a small dragon in the Forbidden Portal. She could get herself killed! But by the time Adderclaw reached her, he realized he needn't be concerned- Tinyflame had already chased off the creature, sending it running. "Are you foolish? You don't challenge things alone in the Forbidden Portal!" said Adderclaw. "And you attacked for no reason. The thing wasn't even on our territory." "I got it," said Tinyflame, catching her breath. "Got what?" The red she-dragon looked up to her mentor, grasping an egg in her claws. "It had this. That's why I went after it." She smiled. "You could've told me before charging," said Adderclaw. "But that was very attentive of you to notice that. You've saved this egg." Adderclaw inspected the egg. It generated heat around it, and had a slight orange glow to it. It was a fire egg. "Can we keep it?" she asked hopefully, looking up at Adderclaw. "We'll take it back to camp," replied the deputy. "Come on." Bringing the egg back to camp, Tinyflame presented it to Hauntedstar. "We'll put it in the nursery," she said. The egg hatched soon after, and the clan let out an awed gasp as they first saw the hatchling. It was a bogsneak female, and had more eyes than the other dragons in the clan put together. "Great Starclan," said Springbite. "I've never seen anything like it." "Amazing," said Branchblossom quietly in awe. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70345823][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/703459/70345823_350.png[/img][/url] "You've found a dragon touched by Starclan... or even The Flamecaller herself," said Hauntedstar. "She will be called Moonsight." "Tinyflame was the one to find it," said Adderclaw, giving the credit to his apprentice. "She fought off an Everburn Tangle for it." "Impressive!" said Hauntedstar. She looked at her deputy, and he gave her an approving nod. Hauntedstar knew what this meant- Adderclaw thought Tinyflame was ready to be a warrior. She went to the Highrock and called to the clan. "May all dragons old enough to go on patrol gather around Highrock for a clan meeting!" she called. The dragons approached, and when they were ready, Hauntedstar continued. She inducted Wardust and Tinyflame as warriors, and they took a silent vigil together. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70140571][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/701406/70140571_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70000704][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/700008/70000704_350.png[/img][/url] The next morning, a tired looking Branchblossom walked into camp. "The hatchling kept me up for quite a while," she said, approaching Hauntedstar. "I kept hearing it calling for help as if it were afraid. I think it needs more close monitoring- a parent figure." Tinyflame overheard this and felt a boost of confidence. This hatchling was found by her- and now that she was a warrior, she could raise the hatchling herself! She ran over to the clan leader, hope shining in her orange eyes. "Hauntedstar," she started, "I'd be willing to raise the hatchling." Hauntedstar widened her eyes- Tinyflame had just become a warrior, and now she wanted the responsibility of a hatchling. She was a rather impulsive dragon, and Hauntedstar hoped Tinyflame was serious enough to be able to raise a hatchling until they were old enough to leave the nursery. But she looked over the clan and saw no one else free enough to raise a hatchling or as willing as Tinyflame, so she agreed to the offer. "You will be the mother of Moonsight," said Hauntedstar. "Please raise her well." Pinglist: @TheGrayGhost @Aileth @Sylvestern
DAY 59
BOOK ONE
CHAPTER 42
FLAMECALLER'S BLESSING

(A/N: I forgot to make Wardust into a warrior a couple days back... whoops)

Adderclaw approached his apprentice one morning as she laid in camp, enjoying the warmth of the sun shining in from the cave entrance.
"Ready to go on patrol today?" He asked the bright red she-dragon. "Hauntedstar asked me to patrol the borders and I thought you would enjoy coming along."
"Sure!" said the she-dragon, flicking her tail with excitement as she followed her mentor out into Ghostclan territory. Adderclaw nodded with approval as he looked over at his apprentice. Tinyflame had made great strides in her progress- it wouldn't be long until it was time for her to be promoted into a warrior.
Tracing the borders toward Forbidden Portal, Tinyflame stuck close to Adderclaw as the monsters glared at them from the shadows.

Suddenly, Tinyflame lifted her head in high alert. Adderclaw looked at her quizically.
"What is it?" he asked.
"There," said Tinyflame, flicking her tail towards an Everburn Tangle multiple imperial-lengths away.
"It's over clan borders," said Adderclaw. "Don't waste your energy challenging it unless it charges you." But it was too late- Tinyflame was already charging at the creature, letting out an angry growl. The abomination shifted its focus to the fire she-dragon and charged at her as well.

"Tinyflame!" growled Adderclaw. "Get back!" But Tinyflame was not listening. Adderclaw let out an exasperated growl- despite her skill, Tinyflame was still a small dragon in the Forbidden Portal. She could get herself killed!
But by the time Adderclaw reached her, he realized he needn't be concerned- Tinyflame had already chased off the creature, sending it running.
"Are you foolish? You don't challenge things alone in the Forbidden Portal!" said Adderclaw. "And you attacked for no reason. The thing wasn't even on our territory."

"I got it," said Tinyflame, catching her breath.
"Got what?"
The red she-dragon looked up to her mentor, grasping an egg in her claws. "It had this. That's why I went after it." She smiled.
"You could've told me before charging," said Adderclaw. "But that was very attentive of you to notice that. You've saved this egg." Adderclaw inspected the egg. It generated heat around it, and had a slight orange glow to it. It was a fire egg.

"Can we keep it?" she asked hopefully, looking up at Adderclaw.
"We'll take it back to camp," replied the deputy. "Come on."

Bringing the egg back to camp, Tinyflame presented it to Hauntedstar.
"We'll put it in the nursery," she said.
The egg hatched soon after, and the clan let out an awed gasp as they first saw the hatchling. It was a bogsneak female, and had more eyes than the other dragons in the clan put together.
"Great Starclan," said Springbite. "I've never seen anything like it."
"Amazing," said Branchblossom quietly in awe.
70345823_350.png

"You've found a dragon touched by Starclan... or even The Flamecaller herself," said Hauntedstar. "She will be called Moonsight."
"Tinyflame was the one to find it," said Adderclaw, giving the credit to his apprentice. "She fought off an Everburn Tangle for it."
"Impressive!" said Hauntedstar. She looked at her deputy, and he gave her an approving nod. Hauntedstar knew what this meant- Adderclaw thought Tinyflame was ready to be a warrior. She went to the Highrock and called to the clan.

"May all dragons old enough to go on patrol gather around Highrock for a clan meeting!" she called.
The dragons approached, and when they were ready, Hauntedstar continued. She inducted Wardust and Tinyflame as warriors, and they took a silent vigil together.
70140571_350.png
70000704_350.png

The next morning, a tired looking Branchblossom walked into camp.
"The hatchling kept me up for quite a while," she said, approaching Hauntedstar. "I kept hearing it calling for help as if it were afraid. I think it needs more close monitoring- a parent figure."
Tinyflame overheard this and felt a boost of confidence. This hatchling was found by her- and now that she was a warrior, she could raise the hatchling herself! She ran over to the clan leader, hope shining in her orange eyes.
"Hauntedstar," she started, "I'd be willing to raise the hatchling."
Hauntedstar widened her eyes- Tinyflame had just become a warrior, and now she wanted the responsibility of a hatchling. She was a rather impulsive dragon, and Hauntedstar hoped Tinyflame was serious enough to be able to raise a hatchling until they were old enough to leave the nursery. But she looked over the clan and saw no one else free enough to raise a hatchling or as willing as Tinyflame, so she agreed to the offer.

"You will be the mother of Moonsight," said Hauntedstar. "Please raise her well."

Pinglist: @TheGrayGhost @Aileth @Sylvestern
DAY 61 [center][b][font=times new roman][size=4]BOOK ONE CHAPTER 43 BLACKFOX[/size][/b] (A/N: I brought in an imperial male for the Brightshine Jubilee, but then Pinkerton gave me a piece of apparel. Meet Daisygaze's secret mate!)[/center] [font=arial] The light green nocturne female treaded through the fields of Ghostclan territory, blending in with the lush arcane grasses as she made her way in the sun. She knew the path she was taking by heart, but she frequently checked for the scent of Ghostclan members in the air and looked behind her to see if she was being followed. Finally, Daisygaze came to a shaded spot beneath a tree, just near the edge of Ghostclan borders. There, a jet black imperial male was waiting, his tail flicking back and forth. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69365239][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/693653/69365239_350.png[/img][/url] "Daisygaze," said the male, smiling pleasantly. He pressed his muzzle against her as she approached, the two nuzzling close. "Hey, Blackfox." She smiled at him. "You look happy. Did you finally get promoted to warrior?" "I did." Daisygaze beamed at him. "I knew you could do it," said the imperial. "We could go hunting together sometime, then." "Perhaps." Daisygaze was typically shy and easily overwhelmed, but Blackfox had a way about him that made her open up like it was nothing. She wanted that feeling all of the time. "Have you thought about what I asked you last time we met?" Blackfox asked. Daisygaze's face flushed at the memory. "You wanted to be mates." "Offer still stands, if you'd have me." Daisygaze looked down at her claws intertwined with Blackfox's. She smiled. "On one condition." "And what would that be?" "I want you to join Ghostclan," said Daisygaze. "We accept rogues with good intentions, and if I speak for you since I'm a warrior now, they'd probably easily let you in. I know you don't want to go through warrior training, but..." "I'll do it for you," said Blackfox. ----- [font=arial]Daisygaze and Blackfox approached Ghostclan camp together. "Don't mention to them about us becoming mates," said Daisygaze. "I'll introduce you, okay?" "You lead the way, then," said the imperial. Blackfox's ear's flickered back and forth, listening to the whispers of the dragons as the two of them entered camp. Admittedly, Blackfox was intimidated. He was born and raised in a peaceful light clan, and only met Daisygaze when he was out exploring for a new home. Never before had he seen so many fearsome-looking fighters in one place. He looked over at Daisygaze- she now seemed nervous and unsure, as she did when they first met. "Hauntedstar," said Daisygaze, approaching the mirror who was conversing with Wardust. "I... I have a dragon with interest in joining the clan." Hauntedstar looked up at the imperial, examining him up and down. "What is your name, traveller? What brings you here?" She gave him a smile, trying to seem less intimidating despite her prodding questions. Though nervous, Blackfox gave a courteous, charming smile. "My name is Blackfox. I was raised in a light clan and left home looking for my calling. I encountered your warrior, Daisygaze, and after hearing her experiences in Ghostclan, I want to join for myself. I have very little experience fighting, but I am willing to learn for a place here. Hauntedstar nodded with a smile, but allowed her face to grow more serious. "You will have to be able to give up your life for your clan, Blackfox. Would you be ready for that?" "....I would." he smiled. "Very well." Hauntedstar looked back to Wardust. "Wardust, would you be willing to show him around camp and mentor him?" "I would," said the Obelisk. "Wardust was a rogue, too," explained Daisygaze. "I think you'll like him." Pinglist: @TheGrayGhost @Aileth @Sylvestern
DAY 61
BOOK ONE
CHAPTER 43
BLACKFOX

(A/N: I brought in an imperial male for the Brightshine Jubilee, but then Pinkerton gave me a piece of apparel. Meet Daisygaze's secret mate!)

The light green nocturne female treaded through the fields of Ghostclan territory, blending in with the lush arcane grasses as she made her way in the sun. She knew the path she was taking by heart, but she frequently checked for the scent of Ghostclan members in the air and looked behind her to see if she was being followed.
Finally, Daisygaze came to a shaded spot beneath a tree, just near the edge of Ghostclan borders. There, a jet black imperial male was waiting, his tail flicking back and forth.
69365239_350.png
"Daisygaze," said the male, smiling pleasantly. He pressed his muzzle against her as she approached, the two nuzzling close.
"Hey, Blackfox." She smiled at him.
"You look happy. Did you finally get promoted to warrior?"
"I did." Daisygaze beamed at him.
"I knew you could do it," said the imperial. "We could go hunting together sometime, then."
"Perhaps." Daisygaze was typically shy and easily overwhelmed, but Blackfox had a way about him that made her open up like it was nothing. She wanted that feeling all of the time.

"Have you thought about what I asked you last time we met?" Blackfox asked. Daisygaze's face flushed at the memory.
"You wanted to be mates."
"Offer still stands, if you'd have me."
Daisygaze looked down at her claws intertwined with Blackfox's. She smiled. "On one condition."
"And what would that be?"
"I want you to join Ghostclan," said Daisygaze. "We accept rogues with good intentions, and if I speak for you since I'm a warrior now, they'd probably easily let you in. I know you don't want to go through warrior training, but..."
"I'll do it for you," said Blackfox.

Daisygaze and Blackfox approached Ghostclan camp together.
"Don't mention to them about us becoming mates," said Daisygaze. "I'll introduce you, okay?"
"You lead the way, then," said the imperial.

Blackfox's ear's flickered back and forth, listening to the whispers of the dragons as the two of them entered camp. Admittedly, Blackfox was intimidated. He was born and raised in a peaceful light clan, and only met Daisygaze when he was out exploring for a new home. Never before had he seen so many fearsome-looking fighters in one place. He looked over at Daisygaze- she now seemed nervous and unsure, as she did when they first met.

"Hauntedstar," said Daisygaze, approaching the mirror who was conversing with Wardust. "I... I have a dragon with interest in joining the clan."
Hauntedstar looked up at the imperial, examining him up and down. "What is your name, traveller? What brings you here?" She gave him a smile, trying to seem less intimidating despite her prodding questions.
Though nervous, Blackfox gave a courteous, charming smile. "My name is Blackfox. I was raised in a light clan and left home looking for my calling. I encountered your warrior, Daisygaze, and after hearing her experiences in Ghostclan, I want to join for myself. I have very little experience fighting, but I am willing to learn for a place here.

Hauntedstar nodded with a smile, but allowed her face to grow more serious. "You will have to be able to give up your life for your clan, Blackfox. Would you be ready for that?"
"....I would." he smiled.
"Very well." Hauntedstar looked back to Wardust. "Wardust, would you be willing to show him around camp and mentor him?"
"I would," said the Obelisk.
"Wardust was a rogue, too," explained Daisygaze. "I think you'll like him."

DAY 63 [center][b][font=times new roman][size=4]BOOK ONE CHAPTER 44 HAUNTING[/size][/b] (A/N: Sorry about my absence yesterday and that this chapter is brief; I'm taking 14 hours of nursing school over the summer and I'm working three days a week, so I'm a little short on time! A lot happens in this chapter since I have to do today's and yesterday's pinkerton drop- a new hatchling and a prophecy from Starclan, respectively- so it might be a little bit all over the place.)[/center] [font=arial] "Mosswing, I have an important responsibility for you," said Hauntedstar, approaching her grandson in the den. She flicked her tail patiently, and Mosswing sat up and looked at his leader. "What's up?" the ginger-colored dragon inquired, his wide eyes hopeful for an interesting responsibility. He hoped deeply to get an apprentice of his own- it was about time. "I want you to mentor Moonsight," said Hauntedstar. "I trust that you could do that?" "Consider it done," said Mosswing. "When do I start?" "The apprenticing ceremony will be tonight." Moonsight was apprenticed and quickly began to talk to Mosswing, the two hitting it off pretty quick. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70345823][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/703459/70345823_350.png[/img][/url] ----- The next day, Blackfox brought a banescale hatchling with piercing green eyes back into camp in his jaws. "She followed us home from Rainsong Jungle, she said," said Wardust, flicking his ears uncomfortably. "I wasn't sure what to do, Hauntedstar." The mirror female inquisitively approached the she-dragon. "Where's your clan? You could've gotten seriously hurt following warriors over such a long distance." "They left one day and never came back," said the she-dragon. "It's been a long time. I'm really hungry, and I wondered if I could stay with you guys!" "Then you can stay with us," said Tinyflame gently. "I'll raise her in the nursery if you like, Hauntedstar." "What's your name?" the mirror female continued. "Gloomwolf," said the hatchling. "That's the name they gave me at my old clan." This was a strange name- despite the hatchling's circumstances, she was cheerful and ready to start her life with dragons she'd just met. "Then you will be raised to be a warrior, Gloomwolf," said Adderclaw. "You are welcome here." [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70475259][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/704753/70475259_350.png[/img][/url] ----- [font=arial]Some nights later, Branchblossom sat up outside the camp with Shadehunter, looking at the stars. "Do you see anything in the stars?" asked Branchblossom gently, looking over at her apprentice. He was getting better. Shadehunter looked up at the sky, narrowing his eyes. "Something from.... the wind. Windsinger. Wind flight. Up there." He raised a claw to the sky, and Branchblossom followed his signal, nodding in approval. "Good," said Branchblossom. But upon closer examination, there was more to the message that made her wings tense up. Wrath. "Is it something bad?" questioned Shadehunter. "...Beware of wrath from the wind," said Branchblossom. "What's that mean? A storm? Something from the Windsinger?" "I don't know," said the mirror. "We'll have to depend on Starclan to show us more." Meanwhile in the nursery, Gloomwolf slept quietly a short distance from Tinyflame. In her dreams, she was visited by a low, smooth voice of a she-dragon. "Welcome to Ghostclan, Gloomwolf," said the voice. "How are you liking it here?" "I like it a lot!" said the hatchling, . "But I haven't heard you around here before. What's your name?" "Oh, I don't live there anymore," said the she-dragon. "I just used to." A wildclaw's snout emerged from the shadows, and in the darkness, piercing green eyes fixed onto Gloomwolf. "You remind me of myself, little one. You know, my name's Wolf too." Halfwolf was lying. Aside from being abandoned by neglectful parents, the hatchling's optimism was grating. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/692354/69235356_350.png[/img] "Really? That's amazing!" said the hatchling. "I'm assuming you want to be a big, strong warrior one day," said the Wildclaw female. She began to slowly circle the hatchling. "I do! I want to be the best warrior there ever was." "I can help with that." Halfwolf smiled, looking at the banescale. "I can see you becoming a big, strong warrior one day- who knows? Maybe even a leader." "I'd like that a lot," said the hatchling. "Then I'll be back to see you. Keep it a secret between us, Gloomwolf," said Halfwolf. "Or else I can't come see you anymore." "Your secret's safe with me!" said the hatchling, and with that, the she-dragon faded into the darkness. Pinglist: @TheGrayGhost @Aileth @Sylvestern
DAY 63
BOOK ONE
CHAPTER 44
HAUNTING

(A/N: Sorry about my absence yesterday and that this chapter is brief; I'm taking 14 hours of nursing school over the summer and I'm working three days a week, so I'm a little short on time! A lot happens in this chapter since I have to do today's and yesterday's pinkerton drop- a new hatchling and a prophecy from Starclan, respectively- so it might be a little bit all over the place.)

"Mosswing, I have an important responsibility for you," said Hauntedstar, approaching her grandson in the den. She flicked her tail patiently, and Mosswing sat up and looked at his leader.
"What's up?" the ginger-colored dragon inquired, his wide eyes hopeful for an interesting responsibility. He hoped deeply to get an apprentice of his own- it was about time.

"I want you to mentor Moonsight," said Hauntedstar. "I trust that you could do that?"
"Consider it done," said Mosswing. "When do I start?"
"The apprenticing ceremony will be tonight."

Moonsight was apprenticed and quickly began to talk to Mosswing, the two hitting it off pretty quick.
70345823_350.png

The next day, Blackfox brought a banescale hatchling with piercing green eyes back into camp in his jaws.
"She followed us home from Rainsong Jungle, she said," said Wardust, flicking his ears uncomfortably. "I wasn't sure what to do, Hauntedstar."
The mirror female inquisitively approached the she-dragon. "Where's your clan? You could've gotten seriously hurt following warriors over such a long distance."
"They left one day and never came back," said the she-dragon. "It's been a long time. I'm really hungry, and I wondered if I could stay with you guys!"
"Then you can stay with us," said Tinyflame gently. "I'll raise her in the nursery if you like, Hauntedstar."
"What's your name?" the mirror female continued.
"Gloomwolf," said the hatchling. "That's the name they gave me at my old clan." This was a strange name- despite the hatchling's circumstances, she was cheerful and ready to start her life with dragons she'd just met.
"Then you will be raised to be a warrior, Gloomwolf," said Adderclaw. "You are welcome here."
70475259_350.png
Some nights later, Branchblossom sat up outside the camp with Shadehunter, looking at the stars.
"Do you see anything in the stars?" asked Branchblossom gently, looking over at her apprentice. He was getting better.
Shadehunter looked up at the sky, narrowing his eyes.
"Something from.... the wind. Windsinger. Wind flight. Up there." He raised a claw to the sky, and Branchblossom followed his signal, nodding in approval.
"Good," said Branchblossom. But upon closer examination, there was more to the message that made her wings tense up.
Wrath.
"Is it something bad?" questioned Shadehunter.
"...Beware of wrath from the wind," said Branchblossom.
"What's that mean? A storm? Something from the Windsinger?"
"I don't know," said the mirror. "We'll have to depend on Starclan to show us more."

Meanwhile in the nursery, Gloomwolf slept quietly a short distance from Tinyflame.
In her dreams, she was visited by a low, smooth voice of a she-dragon.
"Welcome to Ghostclan, Gloomwolf," said the voice. "How are you liking it here?"
"I like it a lot!" said the hatchling, . "But I haven't heard you around here before. What's your name?"
"Oh, I don't live there anymore," said the she-dragon. "I just used to." A wildclaw's snout emerged from the shadows, and in the darkness, piercing green eyes fixed onto Gloomwolf. "You remind me of myself, little one. You know, my name's Wolf too." Halfwolf was lying. Aside from being abandoned by neglectful parents, the hatchling's optimism was grating.
69235356_350.png
"Really? That's amazing!" said the hatchling.
"I'm assuming you want to be a big, strong warrior one day," said the Wildclaw female. She began to slowly circle the hatchling.
"I do! I want to be the best warrior there ever was."
"I can help with that." Halfwolf smiled, looking at the banescale. "I can see you becoming a big, strong warrior one day- who knows? Maybe even a leader."
"I'd like that a lot," said the hatchling.
"Then I'll be back to see you. Keep it a secret between us, Gloomwolf," said Halfwolf. "Or else I can't come see you anymore."
"Your secret's safe with me!" said the hatchling, and with that, the she-dragon faded into the darkness.
DAY 64 [center][b][font=times new roman][size=4]BOOK ONE CHAPTER 45 LOST GIFT[/size][/b] Item of the Day: [item=winter's delight][/center] [font=arial] Mosswing entered the camp in a rush, his claws soaked in blood. He looked frantic as he ran to Branchblossom, nearly knocking her over as he rushed into the medicine den. "Blossombranch! You have to help me!" Blossombranch's tail lifted in alarm as she rushed over to her nephew. "What's the matter, Mosswing? Are you alright?!" "It's Moonsight," said Mosswing. "We were training and- and- she's outside and-" That's all Blossombranch needed to hear. "Gather herbs for wounds, Shadehunter!" she said, rushing outside to where Moonsight was, collapsed. She was bleeding profusely from her head. None of her eyes were opening. Some of the warriors were gathered around her, but cleared the way when they saw the medicine dragon coming. "She was kicked in the head by a coursing skira," said Mosswing shakily, unable to look at his apprentice. "I can't believe I-" "Stop. It's not your fault," asserted Branchblossom, not taking her eyes off Moonsight and her injury. Shadehunter soon came out with the herbs, giving them over to Branchblossom. "Moonsight. Moonsight, can you hear me?" Branchblossom said, but no response came. Tinyflame rushed out from the nursery from where she was with Gloomwolf, letting out a roar of horror at the sight of her daughter. But despite Branchblossom's skill, Moonsight did not come back. "I can't believe it," said Hauntedstar to Adderclaw the morning after her burial, resting her head hopelessly on her claws. "I thought she was a sign from Starclan. I thought she had a great destiny." "I'm more worried about Mosswing. He's taking it extremely hard. He really liked Moonsight, and she was his first apprentice." "Tinyflame is taking it hard as well. Thank Starclan she has Gloomwolf, or else I don't know what she would do." "We'll all find ways to heal, I suppose," sighed Hauntedstar softly. Pinglist: @TheGrayGhost @Aileth @Sylvestern
DAY 64
BOOK ONE
CHAPTER 45
LOST GIFT

Item of the Day:
Winter's Delight

Mosswing entered the camp in a rush, his claws soaked in blood. He looked frantic as he ran to Branchblossom, nearly knocking her over as he rushed into the medicine den. "Blossombranch! You have to help me!"
Blossombranch's tail lifted in alarm as she rushed over to her nephew. "What's the matter, Mosswing? Are you alright?!"
"It's Moonsight," said Mosswing. "We were training and- and- she's outside and-"
That's all Blossombranch needed to hear. "Gather herbs for wounds, Shadehunter!" she said, rushing outside to where Moonsight was, collapsed. She was bleeding profusely from her head. None of her eyes were opening. Some of the warriors were gathered around her, but cleared the way when they saw the medicine dragon coming.

"She was kicked in the head by a coursing skira," said Mosswing shakily, unable to look at his apprentice. "I can't believe I-"
"Stop. It's not your fault," asserted Branchblossom, not taking her eyes off Moonsight and her injury. Shadehunter soon came out with the herbs, giving them over to Branchblossom.
"Moonsight. Moonsight, can you hear me?" Branchblossom said, but no response came. Tinyflame rushed out from the nursery from where she was with Gloomwolf, letting out a roar of horror at the sight of her daughter. But despite Branchblossom's skill, Moonsight did not come back.

"I can't believe it," said Hauntedstar to Adderclaw the morning after her burial, resting her head hopelessly on her claws. "I thought she was a sign from Starclan. I thought she had a great destiny."
"I'm more worried about Mosswing. He's taking it extremely hard. He really liked Moonsight, and she was his first apprentice."
"Tinyflame is taking it hard as well. Thank Starclan she has Gloomwolf, or else I don't know what she would do."

"We'll all find ways to heal, I suppose," sighed Hauntedstar softly.
DAY 69 [center][b][font=times new roman][size=4]BOOK ONE CHAPTER 46 A NEW START FOR WARDUST[/size][/b][/center] [font=arial] "Wardust!" Called Blackfox, running over to his mentor. "I found something." "What is it, Blackfox?" The obelisk tilted his head to one side. Gently, Blackfox laid before him an arcane egg. The two were out hunting together, and Wardust was observing while Blackfox hunted. "We'll take it back to camp," said Wardust. "Come on." As Blackfox gently held the egg in his jaws, Wardust looked back at it. Emotions twisted inside him. A hatchling was such a gift, and seeing one out abandoned like this made Wardust's heart hurt. He'd seen it before with Gloomwolf, but for some reason seeing a defenseless egg left like this hit him even harder. "Hauntedstar," called Wardust when he and his apprentice entered the camp. "Blackfox found an abandoned egg." Hauntedstar curiously approached, as did the other clan members. She took the egg in her claws. "We'll need someone to raise it," said Hauntedstar. The dragons of the clan looked at each other for a moment, and before anyone could say anything, Wardust spoke up. "I'll take it." Curiously, the dragons of the clan looked up at Wardust. The usually stone-faced Warrior looked earnestly at Hauntedstar. "Please." "Then it will be yours," said Hauntedstar. "It will be tended to in the nursery and will be waiting for you after tonight's ceremonies." With that, Hauntedstar started a clan ceremony, calling all the warriors around Highrock. "First business of the night, we are introducing a new apprentice into the clan," said Hauntedstar. "Gloomwolf, it is time for you to be apprenticed." Gloomwolf stepped forward excitedly, looking up at Hauntedstar. "From this day on, until you receive your warrior status, you will be known as an apprentice. Your mentor will be Daisygaze. I hope Daisygaze will pass down all she knows on to you. Daisygaze?" The nocturne female stepped forward and smiled gently at Gloomwolf, who gave her a wide grin in return. "Daisygaze, you are ready to take on an apprentice. You have received excellent training from Sunheart, and you have shown yourself to be kind and patient. You will be the mentor of Gloomwolf, and I expect you to pass on all you know to Gloomwolf." "I will," said Daisygaze. She approached Gloomwolf and gave her a friendly nuzzle as Hauntedstar continued. "Next, Blackfox." Blackfox nervously raised his head, looking to Hauntedstar. What could she want him for? "Blackfox, by rescuing this egg, you have shown yourself to have the skills worthy of a warrior. I, Hauntedstar, leader of Ghostclan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. He has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend him to you as a warrior in his turn. Blackfox, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your clan, even at the cost of your life?" Blackfox swallowed nervously. This was so sudden. Protect and defend the clan at the cost of his life? But then he looked at Daisygaze. He knew that this is what he needed to do to be with her, even if it was scary. "I do." "Then by the powers of Starclan, I pronounce you a warrior. Starclan honors your cleverness and resilience, and we welcome you as a full warrior of Ghostclan." The dragons of the clan cheered for both Gloomwolf and Blackfox, and Blackfox was allowed apparel to celebrate his warrior status. Daisygaze ran up to him after the ceremony and nuzzled him close. "I'm so glad we can be together now," said Daisygaze. That night, Blackfox took his vigil, guarding clan camp. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69365239][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/693653/69365239_350.png[/img][/url] Meanwhile, Gloomwolf was dreaming.. "Congratulations on becoming an apprentice," said Halfwolf, coming to the young Banescale in the darkness. "I'm very proud of you. Now we can start training." "But Daisygaze is my mentor," said Gloomwolf, curiously. "What could we do?" "Daisygaze is far too gentle to teach you the real ways of a warrior," said Halfwolf. "I'll show you how to really fight in your dreams. You and me are going to make a fine team." Halfwolf stared deep into Gloomwolf, who looked up at her with joy. "Really? That's great!" "It sure is," said Halfwolf. "Your training will begin soon; I'll visit you again over these next moons. Be on the lookout, Gloomwolf." Halfwolf grinned as she faded into the darkness. She would make the dragons of Ghostclan pay. The next morning, the egg Blackfox had found had hatched into a deep red bogsneak female. "What will you call her?" asked Hauntedstar, curiously to Wardust. "Bloodmuzzle." "...Bloodmuzzle?" Hauntedstar raised an eyebrow. Wasn't that a bit violent for a hatchling? "It's a tradition from my old clan," said Wardust. "The tougher name a hatchling can have, the stronger they will be throughout their life. I hope this makes her into a good warrior for Ghostclan one day." [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70610426][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/706105/70610426_350.png[/img][/url] Bloodmuzzle became very close to Wardust, and a noticeable change began to form in the Obelisk- he seemed happier. Pinglist: @TheGrayGhost @Aileth @Sylvestern
DAY 69
BOOK ONE
CHAPTER 46
A NEW START FOR WARDUST

"Wardust!" Called Blackfox, running over to his mentor. "I found something."
"What is it, Blackfox?" The obelisk tilted his head to one side. Gently, Blackfox laid before him an arcane egg. The two were out hunting together, and Wardust was observing while Blackfox hunted.
"We'll take it back to camp," said Wardust. "Come on."
As Blackfox gently held the egg in his jaws, Wardust looked back at it. Emotions twisted inside him. A hatchling was such a gift, and seeing one out abandoned like this made Wardust's heart hurt. He'd seen it before with Gloomwolf, but for some reason seeing a defenseless egg left like this hit him even harder.

"Hauntedstar," called Wardust when he and his apprentice entered the camp. "Blackfox found an abandoned egg."
Hauntedstar curiously approached, as did the other clan members. She took the egg in her claws.
"We'll need someone to raise it," said Hauntedstar. The dragons of the clan looked at each other for a moment, and before anyone could say anything, Wardust spoke up.
"I'll take it." Curiously, the dragons of the clan looked up at Wardust. The usually stone-faced Warrior looked earnestly at Hauntedstar. "Please."
"Then it will be yours," said Hauntedstar. "It will be tended to in the nursery and will be waiting for you after tonight's ceremonies."

With that, Hauntedstar started a clan ceremony, calling all the warriors around Highrock.
"First business of the night, we are introducing a new apprentice into the clan," said Hauntedstar. "Gloomwolf, it is time for you to be apprenticed."
Gloomwolf stepped forward excitedly, looking up at Hauntedstar.
"From this day on, until you receive your warrior status, you will be known as an apprentice. Your mentor will be Daisygaze. I hope Daisygaze will pass down all she knows on to you. Daisygaze?"
The nocturne female stepped forward and smiled gently at Gloomwolf, who gave her a wide grin in return.
"Daisygaze, you are ready to take on an apprentice. You have received excellent training from Sunheart, and you have shown yourself to be kind and patient. You will be the mentor of Gloomwolf, and I expect you to pass on all you know to Gloomwolf."
"I will," said Daisygaze. She approached Gloomwolf and gave her a friendly nuzzle as Hauntedstar continued.

"Next, Blackfox."
Blackfox nervously raised his head, looking to Hauntedstar. What could she want him for?
"Blackfox, by rescuing this egg, you have shown yourself to have the skills worthy of a warrior. I, Hauntedstar, leader of Ghostclan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. He has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend him to you as a warrior in his turn. Blackfox, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your clan, even at the cost of your life?"
Blackfox swallowed nervously. This was so sudden. Protect and defend the clan at the cost of his life? But then he looked at Daisygaze. He knew that this is what he needed to do to be with her, even if it was scary.
"I do."
"Then by the powers of Starclan, I pronounce you a warrior. Starclan honors your cleverness and resilience, and we welcome you as a full warrior of Ghostclan."

The dragons of the clan cheered for both Gloomwolf and Blackfox, and Blackfox was allowed apparel to celebrate his warrior status. Daisygaze ran up to him after the ceremony and nuzzled him close.
"I'm so glad we can be together now," said Daisygaze.
That night, Blackfox took his vigil, guarding clan camp.
69365239_350.png

Meanwhile, Gloomwolf was dreaming..
"Congratulations on becoming an apprentice," said Halfwolf, coming to the young Banescale in the darkness. "I'm very proud of you. Now we can start training."
"But Daisygaze is my mentor," said Gloomwolf, curiously. "What could we do?"
"Daisygaze is far too gentle to teach you the real ways of a warrior," said Halfwolf. "I'll show you how to really fight in your dreams. You and me are going to make a fine team." Halfwolf stared deep into Gloomwolf, who looked up at her with joy.
"Really? That's great!"
"It sure is," said Halfwolf. "Your training will begin soon; I'll visit you again over these next moons. Be on the lookout, Gloomwolf." Halfwolf grinned as she faded into the darkness. She would make the dragons of Ghostclan pay.

The next morning, the egg Blackfox had found had hatched into a deep red bogsneak female.
"What will you call her?" asked Hauntedstar, curiously to Wardust.
"Bloodmuzzle."
"...Bloodmuzzle?" Hauntedstar raised an eyebrow. Wasn't that a bit violent for a hatchling?
"It's a tradition from my old clan," said Wardust. "The tougher name a hatchling can have, the stronger they will be throughout their life. I hope this makes her into a good warrior for Ghostclan one day."
70610426_350.png
Bloodmuzzle became very close to Wardust, and a noticeable change began to form in the Obelisk- he seemed happier.
came back from a few days off this game to see this new post and also blackfox,, you really dressed him up really well TT i love the apparels on him

EDIT: also congratulations to him for being a fullblown warrior!! :00
came back from a few days off this game to see this new post and also blackfox,, you really dressed him up really well TT i love the apparels on him

EDIT: also congratulations to him for being a fullblown warrior!! :00
tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.gif
Sylvestern
frtime+14:00 // any offers for my dragons, pm me!
my kingdomlocke!
tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.gif
@Sylvestern Thank you so much!! I really love imperials, pretty much any attire I like looks good on them :D I'll have a new chapter up tonight!
@Sylvestern Thank you so much!! I really love imperials, pretty much any attire I like looks good on them :D I'll have a new chapter up tonight!
DAY 70 [center][b][font=times new roman][size=4]BOOK ONE CHAPTER 47 LOST FOX[/size][/b] Item of the day: [item=black capped chickadee] 50 battles in Rainsong Jungle RNG: Daisygaze[/center] [font=arial] Daisygaze came up to Blackfox the morning after his vigil, nuzzling him. "I'm going to go hunting," said the she-nocturne, and Blackfox rumbled happily. "Alright. I'd come with you, but I do need some sleep after watching camp," he confessed. "Go to the far left corner of the warrior's den to rest then," said Daisygaze, smiling. "That's where I sleep. I'll be back later tonight with food." "Alright." Blackfox gently licked the side of Daisygaze's face, and with a final smile, she left camp to catch prey. But when Blackfox woke up from his nap, Daisygaze hadn't returned. The sun was setting now, and it was uncharacteristic of her to be gone so long. "Blackfox!" said Hauntedstar, approaching him. She seemed to be thinking the same thing as him. "Have you seen Daisygaze? We haven't heard from her since she went hunting this morning." "No," said Blackfox, worriedly. "I've been resting. It's not normal for her to be gone so long." "I know," said Hauntedstar. She paced back and forth a moment. "Adderclaw." The Pearlcatcher male approached Hauntedstar. "Here, Hauntedstar." "I need you to arrange search parties," she said. "Three teams. Search around Ghostclan territory and out of the borders, if you need. I'm concerned for Daisygaze." "Right away." Adderclaw began pacing around camp, and he gathered three teams- one consisting of he and Springbite, another of Mosswing and Sunheart, and the third of Blackfox, Gloomwolf, and Woodspark. Gloomwolf's usually carefree eyes looked uncharacteristically concerned for her mentor. "We'll meet back at camp at moonhigh," said Adderclaw. "Search with everything in you." The teams split up and sped off into the night. Springbite trotted alongside Adderclaw, who was fiercely trying to track down Daisygaze's scent. "You've come so far, Adderclaw," said Springbite proudly as they searched. "You've become such a responsible warrior." Adderclaw didn't answer much as he was busy trying to track Daisygaze, but he smiled at his adoptive father for a brief moment before stumbling over the task at hand, unsure of how to express his gratitude. "Thanks. I just hope Daisygaze is alright." Springbite looked at his claws as he trotted alongside Adderclaw, also looking for a scent. If he knew anything about life as a warrior, he knew that Daisygaze's fate probably wasn't a pleasant one if she had been missing this long. He stayed silent and continued alongside his son, the both of them looking for a trace of their clanmate. Springbite and Adderclaw arrived in the Rainsong Jungle, and Springbite stopped him in his tracks. "Adderclaw. We're close." Adderclaw could smell Daisygaze very faintly now that Springbite pointed it out, but Springbite's sense of smell was more acute between the two of them. Calls of tropical birds and insects buzzing through the jungle ringed in their ears. Springbite didn't say it, but he felt dread as the two of them walked through the jungle. He didn't smell just Daisygaze- he smelt blood. Adderclaw saw her before Springbite did. Claw marks down her back and legs contrasted against her green scales, and blood was down the side of her face. He slowly approached her. She was motionless. "Daisygaze." There was no answer, and by the looks of it Adderclaw didn't expect one anyway. Springbite looked down, trying to avoid eye contact with Daisygaze's injuries. "I can carry her, Adderclaw." Adderclaw gave him a solemn nod of thanks, and helped the nocturne's body onto Springbite's back. They walked through the jungle back towards Ghostclan in silence. Hauntedstar was waiting back at camp with Branchblossom, who was ready to treat any injuries or apply herbs to the body. She knew by Springbite and Adderclaw's expressions what had happened before he said it. Branchblossom gave her mate a sympathetic look as they took Daisygaze to the medicine den to be prepared for the mourning vigil. The other search parties came back at Moonhigh, obviously with no Daisygaze. Blackfox knew his worst fears had been realized and he sat through the vigil staring off into space, seeming as if he was not really there. He could hardly look at Daisygaze. His reason for joining Ghostclan was gone. His motivation to be a warrior was gone. He had nothing. Hauntedsar broke up the silence and looked at the lost-looking Gloomwolf. "Gloomwolf, you have lost your mentor," said Hauntedstar. "Your new mentor will be Blackfox." Blackfox flattened his ears and snapped out of his state, looking at Hauntedstar. [i]What?![/i] He had just lost his mate, was barely a warrior, and now this old she-dragon was expecting him to mentor an apprentice? No way. He went to Hauntedstar the next day. "Hauntedstar, I need to talk to you." "Yes, Blackfox?" asked the mirror, looking at the imperial. "I don't want to mentor an apprentice. Not yet. I'm barely a warrior, I just lost Daisygaze, and-" "Gloomwolf just lost Daisygaze too, you know," said Hauntedstar. Blackfox stopped and thought about it. "I really don't feel like it. I don't feel capable." Hauntedstar nodded in consideration, thinking. "Would you feel better if I sent another warrior with you at first to analyze your teaching? Pick a warrior you like. I'll have them help train Gloomwolf with you. She's already gotten a fair share of her training done with Daisygaze, anyway. I think it would help you, to be given a new task." Blackfox thought about it. Gloomwolf was in mourning, too, he supposed. He sighed. "I'll [i]try[/i] it." Hauntedstar smiled gently. "Thank you, Blackfox. I really do appreciate it." Pinglist: @TheGrayGhost @Aileth @Sylvestern
DAY 70
BOOK ONE
CHAPTER 47
LOST FOX

Item of the day:
Black Capped Chickadee
50 battles in Rainsong Jungle
RNG: Daisygaze

Daisygaze came up to Blackfox the morning after his vigil, nuzzling him. "I'm going to go hunting," said the she-nocturne, and Blackfox rumbled happily.
"Alright. I'd come with you, but I do need some sleep after watching camp," he confessed.
"Go to the far left corner of the warrior's den to rest then," said Daisygaze, smiling. "That's where I sleep. I'll be back later tonight with food."
"Alright." Blackfox gently licked the side of Daisygaze's face, and with a final smile, she left camp to catch prey.

But when Blackfox woke up from his nap, Daisygaze hadn't returned. The sun was setting now, and it was uncharacteristic of her to be gone so long.
"Blackfox!" said Hauntedstar, approaching him. She seemed to be thinking the same thing as him. "Have you seen Daisygaze? We haven't heard from her since she went hunting this morning."
"No," said Blackfox, worriedly. "I've been resting. It's not normal for her to be gone so long."
"I know," said Hauntedstar. She paced back and forth a moment. "Adderclaw."
The Pearlcatcher male approached Hauntedstar. "Here, Hauntedstar."
"I need you to arrange search parties," she said. "Three teams. Search around Ghostclan territory and out of the borders, if you need. I'm concerned for Daisygaze."
"Right away."

Adderclaw began pacing around camp, and he gathered three teams- one consisting of he and Springbite, another of Mosswing and Sunheart, and the third of Blackfox, Gloomwolf, and Woodspark. Gloomwolf's usually carefree eyes looked uncharacteristically concerned for her mentor.
"We'll meet back at camp at moonhigh," said Adderclaw. "Search with everything in you."

The teams split up and sped off into the night. Springbite trotted alongside Adderclaw, who was fiercely trying to track down Daisygaze's scent.
"You've come so far, Adderclaw," said Springbite proudly as they searched. "You've become such a responsible warrior."
Adderclaw didn't answer much as he was busy trying to track Daisygaze, but he smiled at his adoptive father for a brief moment before stumbling over the task at hand, unsure of how to express his gratitude. "Thanks. I just hope Daisygaze is alright."
Springbite looked at his claws as he trotted alongside Adderclaw, also looking for a scent. If he knew anything about life as a warrior, he knew that Daisygaze's fate probably wasn't a pleasant one if she had been missing this long. He stayed silent and continued alongside his son, the both of them looking for a trace of their clanmate.

Springbite and Adderclaw arrived in the Rainsong Jungle, and Springbite stopped him in his tracks. "Adderclaw. We're close."
Adderclaw could smell Daisygaze very faintly now that Springbite pointed it out, but Springbite's sense of smell was more acute between the two of them. Calls of tropical birds and insects buzzing through the jungle ringed in their ears. Springbite didn't say it, but he felt dread as the two of them walked through the jungle. He didn't smell just Daisygaze- he smelt blood.

Adderclaw saw her before Springbite did. Claw marks down her back and legs contrasted against her green scales, and blood was down the side of her face. He slowly approached her. She was motionless. "Daisygaze." There was no answer, and by the looks of it Adderclaw didn't expect one anyway.
Springbite looked down, trying to avoid eye contact with Daisygaze's injuries. "I can carry her, Adderclaw."
Adderclaw gave him a solemn nod of thanks, and helped the nocturne's body onto Springbite's back. They walked through the jungle back towards Ghostclan in silence.

Hauntedstar was waiting back at camp with Branchblossom, who was ready to treat any injuries or apply herbs to the body. She knew by Springbite and Adderclaw's expressions what had happened before he said it. Branchblossom gave her mate a sympathetic look as they took Daisygaze to the medicine den to be prepared for the mourning vigil.

The other search parties came back at Moonhigh, obviously with no Daisygaze. Blackfox knew his worst fears had been realized and he sat through the vigil staring off into space, seeming as if he was not really there. He could hardly look at Daisygaze. His reason for joining Ghostclan was gone. His motivation to be a warrior was gone. He had nothing.

Hauntedsar broke up the silence and looked at the lost-looking Gloomwolf.
"Gloomwolf, you have lost your mentor," said Hauntedstar. "Your new mentor will be Blackfox."
Blackfox flattened his ears and snapped out of his state, looking at Hauntedstar. What?! He had just lost his mate, was barely a warrior, and now this old she-dragon was expecting him to mentor an apprentice? No way.

He went to Hauntedstar the next day. "Hauntedstar, I need to talk to you."
"Yes, Blackfox?" asked the mirror, looking at the imperial.
"I don't want to mentor an apprentice. Not yet. I'm barely a warrior, I just lost Daisygaze, and-"
"Gloomwolf just lost Daisygaze too, you know," said Hauntedstar.
Blackfox stopped and thought about it. "I really don't feel like it. I don't feel capable."
Hauntedstar nodded in consideration, thinking. "Would you feel better if I sent another warrior with you at first to analyze your teaching? Pick a warrior you like. I'll have them help train Gloomwolf with you. She's already gotten a fair share of her training done with Daisygaze, anyway. I think it would help you, to be given a new task."
Blackfox thought about it. Gloomwolf was in mourning, too, he supposed. He sighed. "I'll try it."
Hauntedstar smiled gently. "Thank you, Blackfox. I really do appreciate it."

DAY 73 [center][b][font=times new roman][size=4]BOOK ONE CHAPTER 48 BLOODMUZZLE'S MENTOR [/size][/b] [font=arial][/center] Hauntedstar leapt upon Highrock and called to her warriors. "Bloodmuzzle, it is time for you to be apprenticed." Bloodmuzzle looked up at Hauntedstar patiently, while Wardust smiled down at his adoptive daughter with pride. "From this day on, until you receive your warrior status, you will be known as an apprentice. Your mentor will be Tinyflame. I hope Tinyflame will pass down all she knows on to you. Tinyflame?" The pretty she-coatl stepped forward and smiled at Bloodmuzzle. "Tinyflame, you are ready to take on an apprentice. You have received excellent training from Adderclaw, and you have shown yourself to be kind and patient. You will be the mentor of Bloodmuzzle, and I expect you to pass on all you know to Bloodmuzzle." "I will," said Tinyflame, admittedly excited. She had never had an apprentice of her own before! She smiled at the apprentice, who gave her a small smile in return. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70610426][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/706105/70610426_350.png[/img][/url]
DAY 73
BOOK ONE
CHAPTER 48
BLOODMUZZLE'S MENTOR

Hauntedstar leapt upon Highrock and called to her warriors.
"Bloodmuzzle, it is time for you to be apprenticed." Bloodmuzzle looked up at Hauntedstar patiently, while Wardust smiled down at his adoptive daughter with pride.
"From this day on, until you receive your warrior status, you will be known as an apprentice. Your mentor will be Tinyflame. I hope Tinyflame will pass down all she knows on to you. Tinyflame?"
The pretty she-coatl stepped forward and smiled at Bloodmuzzle.
"Tinyflame, you are ready to take on an apprentice. You have received excellent training from Adderclaw, and you have shown yourself to be kind and patient. You will be the mentor of Bloodmuzzle, and I expect you to pass on all you know to Bloodmuzzle."
"I will," said Tinyflame, admittedly excited. She had never had an apprentice of her own before! She smiled at the apprentice, who gave her a small smile in return.
70610426_350.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8