Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Ghostclan: A Warriors Casual Pinkerlocke
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Hi! Can I be added to the general pinglist, if that's fine? I really like the challenge that you're doing ^^
Hi! Can I be added to the general pinglist, if that's fine? I really like the challenge that you're doing ^^
tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.gif
Sylvestern
frtime+14:00 // any offers for my dragons, pm me!
my kingdomlocke!
tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.gif
@sylvestern of course!! I'm really glad you're liking it :D
@sylvestern of course!! I'm really glad you're liking it :D
Ash | 22 | She/Her | Flight Nomad
CLAN LORE THREAD / PSEUDOLOCKE
DAY 26 [center][b][font=times new roman][size=4]BOOK ONE CHAPTER 17 BRIGHTSPLASH'S FIRST APPRENTICE [/size][/center] [font=arial]The time had come, and Morningwind was old enough to be an apprentice. Hauntedstar, peering out from under the highrock with Fragmenttail, watched the affair, weighing mentor options with Fragmenttail. "If I thought Beigefur was quite ready to be a warrior, I'd have him mentor Morningwind," said the mirror. "I think he's almost there. Probably will promote him by next moon." "We promised Brightsplash that he could mentor Morningwind," said Fragmenttail. "I just hope he pushes him hard enough. Morningwind has trouble with motivation and taking things seriously. He needs a serious warrior to mold him." "Morningwind is still young, Fragmenttail. Give him some time. I think Brightsplash can do just fine." That night, Hauntedstar leapt upon Highrocks and called to her clan. "May all dragons old enough to leave camp gather around Highrock for a clan meeting!" Hauntedstar was delighted as she looked over her clan- now ten dragons sat before her including the hatchlings. There would always be an empty spot in the crowd as long as Oakspot was gone, but she was slowly healing. "Warriors, we have come for the apprentice ceremony of another dragon," said Hauntedstar. She looked upon Morningwind, who was joking alongside Beigefur in the crowd. Leopardthorn let out a low growl to quiet him. "Morningwind, it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior status, you will be known as an apprentice. Your mentor will be Brightsplash. I hope Brightsplash will pass down all he knows on to you." Morningwind bowed his head with respect. "Brightsplash," continued Hauntedstar, "You are ready to take on an apprentice. You have received excellent training from Fragmenttail, and you have shown yourself to be graceful and patient. You will be the mentor of Morningwind, and I expect you to pass on all you know to Morningwind." "I will, Hauntedstar," said Brightsplash. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69196496][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/691965/69196496_350.png[/img][/url] After the ceremony, Morningwind went into the apprentice's den for the first time that night, sharing jokes and chattering with Beigefur. "How's the apprentice den feel?" Asked Beigefur. "Definitely roomier," said Morningwind, flopping onto his side. "Going to miss those big, comfortable nursery nests, though." "At least you won't hear the chatter of the hatchlings in here." "Guess so," said Morningwind. "Kind of worried about Thistleheart, though." The guardian's purple eyes narrowed with confusion. "Why's that?" "Tends to get picked on by Halfwolf," said Morningwind. "Picked on her enough while I was there. Hoping it won't get worse for her now that it's just the two of them in the nursery." The wind dragon flicked his tail. "Well, with time, they'll be in this den," said Beigefur. "Maybe being apprentices will straighten Halfwolf out." "Maybe," shrugged Morningwind, though in his mind he doubted it. [size=1] Pinglist: @TheGrayGhost @Aileth @Sylvestern
DAY 26
BOOK ONE
CHAPTER 17
BRIGHTSPLASH'S FIRST APPRENTICE

The time had come, and Morningwind was old enough to be an apprentice. Hauntedstar, peering out from under the highrock with Fragmenttail, watched the affair, weighing mentor options with Fragmenttail.
"If I thought Beigefur was quite ready to be a warrior, I'd have him mentor Morningwind," said the mirror. "I think he's almost there. Probably will promote him by next moon."
"We promised Brightsplash that he could mentor Morningwind," said Fragmenttail. "I just hope he pushes him hard enough. Morningwind has trouble with motivation and taking things seriously. He needs a serious warrior to mold him."
"Morningwind is still young, Fragmenttail. Give him some time. I think Brightsplash can do just fine."

That night, Hauntedstar leapt upon Highrocks and called to her clan.
"May all dragons old enough to leave camp gather around Highrock for a clan meeting!" Hauntedstar was delighted as she looked over her clan- now ten dragons sat before her including the hatchlings. There would always be an empty spot in the crowd as long as Oakspot was gone, but she was slowly healing.
"Warriors, we have come for the apprentice ceremony of another dragon," said Hauntedstar. She looked upon Morningwind, who was joking alongside Beigefur in the crowd. Leopardthorn let out a low growl to quiet him.

"Morningwind, it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior status, you will be known as an apprentice. Your mentor will be Brightsplash. I hope Brightsplash will pass down all he knows on to you."
Morningwind bowed his head with respect.
"Brightsplash," continued Hauntedstar, "You are ready to take on an apprentice. You have received excellent training from Fragmenttail, and you have shown yourself to be graceful and patient. You will be the mentor of Morningwind, and I expect you to pass on all you know to Morningwind."
"I will, Hauntedstar," said Brightsplash.
69196496_350.png

After the ceremony, Morningwind went into the apprentice's den for the first time that night, sharing jokes and chattering with Beigefur.

"How's the apprentice den feel?" Asked Beigefur.
"Definitely roomier," said Morningwind, flopping onto his side. "Going to miss those big, comfortable nursery nests, though."
"At least you won't hear the chatter of the hatchlings in here."
"Guess so," said Morningwind. "Kind of worried about Thistleheart, though."
The guardian's purple eyes narrowed with confusion. "Why's that?"
"Tends to get picked on by Halfwolf," said Morningwind. "Picked on her enough while I was there. Hoping it won't get worse for her now that it's just the two of them in the nursery." The wind dragon flicked his tail.
"Well, with time, they'll be in this den," said Beigefur. "Maybe being apprentices will straighten Halfwolf out."
"Maybe," shrugged Morningwind, though in his mind he doubted it.

Pinglist: @TheGrayGhost @Aileth @Sylvestern
DAY 27 [center][b][font=times new roman][size=4]BOOK ONE CHAPTER 18 A PROMISING WARRIOR [/size][/center] [font=arial] The time had come for Beigefur to take his place as the newest warrior of Ghostclan. Though still a bit reserved and shy around new people, he had become an honorable warrior and had a great, deep respect for Starclan and the clan members who inhabited it. He had little memory of Duskeyes and even less of Oakspot, but to think that they were still present in his life, even indirectly, gave him a deep sense of peace and respect. "Do you speak to them a lot?" he asked Firsthatch one day. He was accompanying her as she gathered herbs in the territory. "Who? Starclan?" she asked him, and he nodded. "Well... Spiriteye is easier at interpreting omens than I am. She says when I become the medicine dragon I'll hear from them a lot more. I've seen a few things, but nothing major or important yet. It would be nice to get a visit from them, though. I quite miss Duskeyes." Beigefur nodded and remembered his old nursery roommate. If she had lived, she would be an apprentice now, like him. "I'm glad you turned out okay, though," said Firsthatch. "I think Starclan really does have great things in store for you, Beigefur." the fae female smiled gently at him. That night, Hauntedstar called the warriors to Highrock. "May all warriors old enough to leave camp gather around the Highrock for a clan meeting!" She watched her warriors gather around highrock and continued. "Tonight, we have another celebration," declared Hauntedstar. "Beigefur, one of our apprentices, has gained the experience neccessary to become a warrior. I, Hauntedstar of Ghostclan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. He has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend him to you as a warrior in his turn." She looked at the tundra male- despite his now impressive warrior build and size, he cowered a bit as all eyes of the clan looked upon him. "Beigefur, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?" The humble tundra bowed his head. "I do." "Then, by the powers of Starclan, I pronounce you a warrior. StarClan honors your gentleness and heart, and we welcome you as a full warrior of Ghostclan." The dragons of the clan cheered in approval, and Beigefur went back into the Warrior hoard to get his own apparel. That night, he kept a silent vigil guarding clan camp. Sitting at the entrance of the colossal cave the clan resided in, he looked up at the stars. Duskeyes would have been a warrior now, too. He apologized to her in his heart that she could not share that experience with him. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69077912][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/690780/69077912_350.png[/img][/url] [size=1]Pinglist: @TheGrayGhost @Aileth @Sylvestern
DAY 27
BOOK ONE
CHAPTER 18
A PROMISING WARRIOR

The time had come for Beigefur to take his place as the newest warrior of Ghostclan. Though still a bit reserved and shy around new people, he had become an honorable warrior and had a great, deep respect for Starclan and the clan members who inhabited it. He had little memory of Duskeyes and even less of Oakspot, but to think that they were still present in his life, even indirectly, gave him a deep sense of peace and respect.
"Do you speak to them a lot?" he asked Firsthatch one day. He was accompanying her as she gathered herbs in the territory.
"Who? Starclan?" she asked him, and he nodded. "Well... Spiriteye is easier at interpreting omens than I am. She says when I become the medicine dragon I'll hear from them a lot more. I've seen a few things, but nothing major or important yet. It would be nice to get a visit from them, though. I quite miss Duskeyes."
Beigefur nodded and remembered his old nursery roommate. If she had lived, she would be an apprentice now, like him.
"I'm glad you turned out okay, though," said Firsthatch. "I think Starclan really does have great things in store for you, Beigefur." the fae female smiled gently at him.

That night, Hauntedstar called the warriors to Highrock. "May all warriors old enough to leave camp gather around the Highrock for a clan meeting!" She watched her warriors gather around highrock and continued.
"Tonight, we have another celebration," declared Hauntedstar. "Beigefur, one of our apprentices, has gained the experience neccessary to become a warrior. I, Hauntedstar of Ghostclan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. He has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend him to you as a warrior in his turn." She looked at the tundra male- despite his now impressive warrior build and size, he cowered a bit as all eyes of the clan looked upon him.
"Beigefur, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?"
The humble tundra bowed his head. "I do."
"Then, by the powers of Starclan, I pronounce you a warrior. StarClan honors your gentleness and heart, and we welcome you as a full warrior of Ghostclan."
The dragons of the clan cheered in approval, and Beigefur went back into the Warrior hoard to get his own apparel.

That night, he kept a silent vigil guarding clan camp. Sitting at the entrance of the colossal cave the clan resided in, he looked up at the stars. Duskeyes would have been a warrior now, too. He apologized to her in his heart that she could not share that experience with him.

69077912_350.png

DAY 28 [center][b][font=times new roman][size=4]BOOK ONE CHAPTER 19 BLOOD AND WATER [/size] Item of the Day: [item=scholar][/center] "I think it's time to do some training," said Brightsplash, walking into the apprentice den and calling for Morningwind. Lazily, the male rolled over and looked at his mentor sleepily. "Mm. What're we doing today?" "I want to take you to an interesting place to hunt," said Brightsplash. "It's one of the most challenging there is, so you have to stick close to me, but I think it'll show you how exciting warrior life can really be." The Skydancer smiled gently at Morningwind. Maybe taking Morningwind to somewhere intense would actually inspire him to take being a warrior seriously. Morningwind sighed and slowly stumbled to his feet, trotting behind Brightsplash. "Where exactly are we headed?" he questioned as they left camp. "A place called the Golem Workshop." Brightsplash flicked his tail. "You're going to have to stick close to me, and we need to have each other's backs. I trust your ability, but in order to be a warrior... you need to be alert," said Brightsplash. Morningwind strolled beside him and nodded, paying more attention to the birds that were flying overhead as they made their way to the Workshop. The Workshop was dark but the air was filled with clangs and bangs of the creatures that inhabited it. Brightsplash crouched beside Morningwind. "You see that Mechanical Destroyer?" asked Brightsplash. "I want you to ambush it with me upon my signal. Three, two...." With a flick of his tail, Brightsplash charged out at the creature, and it let out a screech of shock. Morningwind ran alongside Brightsplash, claws extended towards the beast, but the two dragons heard a different challenging shriek from behind them. There was a Tribeam Hunter that was intent on catching the same creature, and it now had its sights set on Morningwind. "You go after the Destroyer," barked Brightsplash, and Morningwind nodded. "Chase it into a corner and wait for me." The apprentice nodded, and Brightsplash got in between the Lurker and Morningwind. Enraged, the Lurker ran at him instead. The Mechnical Destroyer Morningwind was pursuing turned and ran, and he went after it. Maybe if he could catch a powerful creature such as this, Brightsplash would be satisfied and let him stop training for the day. After a moment of chasing, the Mechanical Destroyer dove into a hole- one a dragon could not fit in. Morningwind tried despite this and stuck his head inside the hole, gnashing his teeth in hopes that he would bite something and drag the monster out.. To his shock, the Mechanical Destroyer slashed a talon at him as he got close. Morningwind felt a sting of pain as a cut was created across his left cheek. Letting out a growl of frustration, he pulled his head out of the hole and waited. After some time, Brightsplash had not returned. He decided to go looking. He went back toward where Brightsplash was fighting a moment ago. Loud and chaotic a moment ago, the area was now silent. Sounded like the Lurker was gone or taken down, so Morningwind got closer. "Brightsplash, I need your help with this Mechanical Destroyer. It got me across the face, but I chased it into a hole and-" Morningwind stopped dead in his tracks. The place where Brightsplash was standing tall and graceful just a moment ago now had him in a crumpled, collapsed heap. There was blood below him and the Lurker was gone. "Brightsplash!" he yelled, charging to his mentor. "Brightsplash! can you hear me?" No response. He inspected the leader. There were vicious claw marks across his chest and neck. Ones even a dragon would not survive. Slowly, Morningwind realized his circumstances. Brightsplash was dead. He was alone in the Golem Workshop. For the first time in his life, Morningwind was terrified. He couldn't just... leave him here. No. Brightsplash died trying to protect him. But he was likely surrounded by monsters just like the ones they had just faced and worse. Desperately, he dragged Brightsplash's body back towards the direction of camp. What would the clan think? How could this have even happened? Morningwind felt a unique ache of guilt in his chest. This couldn't have been his fault, could it? This wasn't the thing to think about right now, he told himself. He had to focus on surviving and getting Brightsplash back to camp in one piece for burial. It was nearing sunset by the time Morningwind got back to camp. Exhausted, he lay Brightsplash at camp entrance and quickly ran inside for help. "Morningwind, where have you been?" asked Beigefur, flattening his ears with concern. "And why are you covered in blood?" "Brightsplash is dead," he said, and the dragons of the clan let out a cry of horror. "I-I'm bringing him in..." Fragmenttail barely waited for Morningwind to finish and bounded to camp entrance, dragging Brightsplash inside himself. "Spiriteye!" he barked sternly, as if somehow the banescale could save him. The banescale and her fae apprentice rushed to the body of Brightsplash, and Fragmenttail knew from the look in Spiriteye's face that there was no coming back. "We'll prepare him for a vigil," said Firsthatch gently, and she with Spiriteye managed to carry the body to the medicine den together. Spiriteye looked back at Morningwind's still-bleeding face. "Firsthatch." "Yes, Spiriteye?" "Tend to Morningwind's wound while I take care of preparing Brightsplash," she said. "Don't do it in here. He's seen enough of all this." Firsthatch poked her head out of the medicine den and saw Morningwind sitting alongside an empathetic Beigefur. "I need to take care of your face," said the fae female gently. "We can do it in the apprentice den so you have more privacy, if you wish." "Okay," said Morningwind quietly. "How are you feeling?" asked Firsthatch gently. "You don't have to talk about it, but I thought I'd offer-" "Numb," said Morningwind. Brightsplash really had taken him out to show him how serious and intense a warrior's life can be, but this is something Morningwind would have never asked for. If Morningwind had taken things more seriously, maybe he would have not gotten the both of them into this situation. "Is it my fault, Firsthatch?" he asked, hissing with pain as she cleaned his wound. "Not at all," said the fae. "...Things happen, Morningwind. That comes with being a warrior. You didn't ask for this to happen." "I don't know what I'm going to do now." "None of us do. That happens with death." Firsthatch applied a bandage to his face, covering the cut. "I remember when we lost Duskeyes and Oakspot. I blamed myself for being unable to heal them. It might be a warrior's duty to protect the clan with their life, but that doesn't mean you can blame yourself when someone dies and it's out of your control, Morningwind." The male smiled, but did not believe her. Even if this was the case, Morningwind would never let his laziness cause the death of another dragon again. That night, Hauntedstar called a clan meeting. "We unfortunately start this night with tragedy," she said. "With the loss of Brightsplash, however, we must assign a new mentor to our clan apprentice, Morningwind." Morningwind was silent. "I call upon my warrior ancestors to give this apprentice a new mentor. Morningwind, you have lost your mentor, so your new mentor will be Springbite." Springbite gave Morningwind a nod of acknowledgement, but Morningwind stated silent. "Before vigil tonight, however, I think it is time for two of our hatchlings to be apprenticed," said Hauntedstar. Her eyes tried to seem happy for these two young dragons, but it was rather difficult. "Firstly, Halfwolf," said Hauntedstar. Halfwolf raised her head expectantly. "Halfwolf, it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on until you receieve your warrior status, you will be known as an apprentice. Your mentor will be Leopardthorn. I hope Leopardthorn will pass down all she knows to you." Hauntedstar looked to Leopardthorn. "Leopardthorn, you are ready to take on an apprentice once again. I am very satisfied with the warrior you have just trained and I think it would only be appropriate for you to train one of these new hatchlings. I expect you to pass on all you know to Halfwolf." "I will, Hauntedstar." [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69235356][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/692354/69235356_350.png[/img][/url] "Thistleheart is next," said Hauntedstar. "Thistleheart, you are old enough to be apprenticed as well. You will be known as an apprentice until promoted to a warrior. Your mentor will be Beigefur, and I hope he passes down all he knows onto you." The little female dragon looked over at Beigefur as Hauntedstar continued. "Beigefur, you are ready to take on an apprentice. You have received excellent training from Leopardthorn and you have shown yourself to be kind and noble. You will be the mentor of Thistleheart, and I expect you to pass on all you know to Thistleheart." Beigefur nodded respectfully and smiled gently at Thistleheart. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69225264][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/692253/69225264_350.png[/img][/url] "Finally," continued Hauntedstar, "We will be holding a vigil tonight for Brightsplash. Those close to him are welcome to sit with him tonight for the final time." And so they did- Morningwind, Fragmenttail, Hauntedstar, Firsthatch and Spiriteye gathered to remember their longtime friend and clanmate while the other clan members slept or kept watch of camp. Brightsplash looked a bit better due to being properly prepared by Spiriteye, but Morningwind feared he would never get the images and memories of that day out of his mind. [size=1]Pinglist: @TheGrayGhost @Aileth @Sylvestern
DAY 28
BOOK ONE
CHAPTER 19
BLOOD AND WATER

Item of the Day:
Scholar

"I think it's time to do some training," said Brightsplash, walking into the apprentice den and calling for Morningwind.
Lazily, the male rolled over and looked at his mentor sleepily. "Mm. What're we doing today?"
"I want to take you to an interesting place to hunt," said Brightsplash. "It's one of the most challenging there is, so you have to stick close to me, but I think it'll show you how exciting warrior life can really be." The Skydancer smiled gently at Morningwind. Maybe taking Morningwind to somewhere intense would actually inspire him to take being a warrior seriously.
Morningwind sighed and slowly stumbled to his feet, trotting behind Brightsplash.

"Where exactly are we headed?" he questioned as they left camp.
"A place called the Golem Workshop." Brightsplash flicked his tail. "You're going to have to stick close to me, and we need to have each other's backs. I trust your ability, but in order to be a warrior... you need to be alert," said Brightsplash.
Morningwind strolled beside him and nodded, paying more attention to the birds that were flying overhead as they made their way to the Workshop.

The Workshop was dark but the air was filled with clangs and bangs of the creatures that inhabited it. Brightsplash crouched beside Morningwind.
"You see that Mechanical Destroyer?" asked Brightsplash. "I want you to ambush it with me upon my signal. Three, two...." With a flick of his tail, Brightsplash charged out at the creature, and it let out a screech of shock.
Morningwind ran alongside Brightsplash, claws extended towards the beast, but the two dragons heard a different challenging shriek from behind them. There was a Tribeam Hunter that was intent on catching the same creature, and it now had its sights set on Morningwind.
"You go after the Destroyer," barked Brightsplash, and Morningwind nodded. "Chase it into a corner and wait for me." The apprentice nodded, and Brightsplash got in between the Lurker and Morningwind. Enraged, the Lurker ran at him instead.

The Mechnical Destroyer Morningwind was pursuing turned and ran, and he went after it. Maybe if he could catch a powerful creature such as this, Brightsplash would be satisfied and let him stop training for the day.
After a moment of chasing, the Mechanical Destroyer dove into a hole- one a dragon could not fit in. Morningwind tried despite this and stuck his head inside the hole, gnashing his teeth in hopes that he would bite something and drag the monster out.. To his shock, the Mechanical Destroyer slashed a talon at him as he got close. Morningwind felt a sting of pain as a cut was created across his left cheek. Letting out a growl of frustration, he pulled his head out of the hole and waited. After some time, Brightsplash had not returned. He decided to go looking.

He went back toward where Brightsplash was fighting a moment ago.
Loud and chaotic a moment ago, the area was now silent. Sounded like the Lurker was gone or taken down, so Morningwind got closer. "Brightsplash, I need your help with this Mechanical Destroyer. It got me across the face, but I chased it into a hole and-"
Morningwind stopped dead in his tracks. The place where Brightsplash was standing tall and graceful just a moment ago now had him in a crumpled, collapsed heap. There was blood below him and the Lurker was gone.
"Brightsplash!" he yelled, charging to his mentor. "Brightsplash! can you hear me?"
No response. He inspected the leader. There were vicious claw marks across his chest and neck. Ones even a dragon would not survive.

Slowly, Morningwind realized his circumstances. Brightsplash was dead. He was alone in the Golem Workshop. For the first time in his life, Morningwind was terrified. He couldn't just... leave him here. No. Brightsplash died trying to protect him. But he was likely surrounded by monsters just like the ones they had just faced and worse. Desperately, he dragged Brightsplash's body back towards the direction of camp.
What would the clan think? How could this have even happened? Morningwind felt a unique ache of guilt in his chest. This couldn't have been his fault, could it? This wasn't the thing to think about right now, he told himself. He had to focus on surviving and getting Brightsplash back to camp in one piece for burial.

It was nearing sunset by the time Morningwind got back to camp. Exhausted, he lay Brightsplash at camp entrance and quickly ran inside for help.
"Morningwind, where have you been?" asked Beigefur, flattening his ears with concern. "And why are you covered in blood?"
"Brightsplash is dead," he said, and the dragons of the clan let out a cry of horror. "I-I'm bringing him in..."
Fragmenttail barely waited for Morningwind to finish and bounded to camp entrance, dragging Brightsplash inside himself.
"Spiriteye!" he barked sternly, as if somehow the banescale could save him. The banescale and her fae apprentice rushed to the body of Brightsplash, and Fragmenttail knew from the look in Spiriteye's face that there was no coming back.
"We'll prepare him for a vigil," said Firsthatch gently, and she with Spiriteye managed to carry the body to the medicine den together.
Spiriteye looked back at Morningwind's still-bleeding face. "Firsthatch."
"Yes, Spiriteye?"
"Tend to Morningwind's wound while I take care of preparing Brightsplash," she said. "Don't do it in here. He's seen enough of all this."

Firsthatch poked her head out of the medicine den and saw Morningwind sitting alongside an empathetic Beigefur.
"I need to take care of your face," said the fae female gently. "We can do it in the apprentice den so you have more privacy, if you wish."
"Okay," said Morningwind quietly.

"How are you feeling?" asked Firsthatch gently. "You don't have to talk about it, but I thought I'd offer-"
"Numb," said Morningwind. Brightsplash really had taken him out to show him how serious and intense a warrior's life can be, but this is something Morningwind would have never asked for. If Morningwind had taken things more seriously, maybe he would have not gotten the both of them into this situation.
"Is it my fault, Firsthatch?" he asked, hissing with pain as she cleaned his wound.
"Not at all," said the fae. "...Things happen, Morningwind. That comes with being a warrior. You didn't ask for this to happen."
"I don't know what I'm going to do now."
"None of us do. That happens with death." Firsthatch applied a bandage to his face, covering the cut. "I remember when we lost Duskeyes and Oakspot. I blamed myself for being unable to heal them. It might be a warrior's duty to protect the clan with their life, but that doesn't mean you can blame yourself when someone dies and it's out of your control, Morningwind."
The male smiled, but did not believe her. Even if this was the case, Morningwind would never let his laziness cause the death of another dragon again.

That night, Hauntedstar called a clan meeting.
"We unfortunately start this night with tragedy," she said. "With the loss of Brightsplash, however, we must assign a new mentor to our clan apprentice, Morningwind." Morningwind was silent.
"I call upon my warrior ancestors to give this apprentice a new mentor. Morningwind, you have lost your mentor, so your new mentor will be Springbite."
Springbite gave Morningwind a nod of acknowledgement, but Morningwind stated silent.

"Before vigil tonight, however, I think it is time for two of our hatchlings to be apprenticed," said Hauntedstar. Her eyes tried to seem happy for these two young dragons, but it was rather difficult.
"Firstly, Halfwolf," said Hauntedstar. Halfwolf raised her head expectantly. "Halfwolf, it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on until you receieve your warrior status, you will be known as an apprentice. Your mentor will be Leopardthorn. I hope Leopardthorn will pass down all she knows to you." Hauntedstar looked to Leopardthorn. "Leopardthorn, you are ready to take on an apprentice once again. I am very satisfied with the warrior you have just trained and I think it would only be appropriate for you to train one of these new hatchlings. I expect you to pass on all you know to Halfwolf."
"I will, Hauntedstar."
69235356_350.png
"Thistleheart is next," said Hauntedstar. "Thistleheart, you are old enough to be apprenticed as well. You will be known as an apprentice until promoted to a warrior. Your mentor will be Beigefur, and I hope he passes down all he knows onto you."
The little female dragon looked over at Beigefur as Hauntedstar continued. "Beigefur, you are ready to take on an apprentice. You have received excellent training from Leopardthorn and you have shown yourself to be kind and noble. You will be the mentor of Thistleheart, and I expect you to pass on all you know to Thistleheart."
Beigefur nodded respectfully and smiled gently at Thistleheart.
69225264_350.png

"Finally," continued Hauntedstar, "We will be holding a vigil tonight for Brightsplash. Those close to him are welcome to sit with him tonight for the final time."

And so they did- Morningwind, Fragmenttail, Hauntedstar, Firsthatch and Spiriteye gathered to remember their longtime friend and clanmate while the other clan members slept or kept watch of camp. Brightsplash looked a bit better due to being properly prepared by Spiriteye, but Morningwind feared he would never get the images and memories of that day out of his mind.

DAY 30 [center][b][font=times new roman][size=4]BOOK ONE CHAPTER 20 I TRIED [/size] Item of the Day: [item=ambush][/center] Springbite approached Leopardthorn in camp, smiling in approval at his warrior daughter. She was having a conversation with Hauntedstar. "Leopardthorn," he called. The ridgeback looked over and smiled at her father, flicking her tail. "Hey, Dad." "I need a favor from you." "Yeah?" Leopardthorn tilted her head to one side. "I need you to take Morningwind out today to train with you," he said. "I need to help Spiriteye gather herbs. He's a rather good apprentice and nearing the skill of a warrior. He might even help you with Halfwolf," said Springbite. "That's easy!" said Leopardthorn. "I can do that." Leopardthorn went into the apprentice den, where Halfwolf and Morningwind were still sleeping. "Wake up!" she yelled ceremoniously. "Halfwolf. Morningwind. You two are coming out training with [i]me[/i] today; Springbite was unavailable." "Where are we going?" asked Morningwind. "Kelp Beds," said Leopardthorn. As they reached the Kelp Beds, Morningwind watched Halfwolf with interest. Halfwolf was rather aggressive towards the other apprentices, especially Thistleheart. He wondered if she would show the same behavior here, or if any other dragons in the clan were even aware of how she acted. "This is a tougher area," informed Leopardthorn. "Halfwolf, I want you to primarily observe Morningwind and I as we fight; get in a swipe or a bite if you can but do not get too close to the monsters here." "Understood." Everything initially went well. However, a pack of Abyss Strikers came while they were fighting and one got at Leopardthorn's left eye with shadow magic, temporarily blinding her and causing a significant amount of pain. "Leopardthorn, are you alright?" asked Morningwind. "I'm fine," asserted Leopardthorn. "When you're in a battle, you keep fighting if you can. There's no reason for me to quit here." But a pack of Golden Porpoises was approaching fast. "Leopardthorn, watch out!" Morningwind managed to take down one, but the other two ganged up on Leopardthorn. It was too late. Halfwolf watched, dumbfounded, as the plague dragon was surrounded by the light monsters. "Get off!" yelled Halfwolf, enraged. The Porpoises had their attention turned to Halfwolf and began approaching the nature she-dragon. If they got to her she'd be dead for sure. [i]I'm not letting this happen again,[/i] thought Morningwind. [i]I already lost Brightsplash like this. Starclan, help me![/i] Morningwind charged ruthlessly at the light dragons. Though his wind alignment made him weaker against them, he fought with all the rage of three warriors, and he managed to chase them off from them, never to return. With a scratch to his right hindquarter his only significant injury, they were no longer in immediate danger. "Halfwolf. Are you alright?" He asked her. Halfwolf was staring blankly ahead of her, and Morningwind followed her gaze. There lay Leopardthorn, the mighty Ridgeback lying on her side as the water around her was turning red. "We have to get her back. Now," ordered Morningwind. "You're helping me carry her back." He spoke with an authoritative tone that he had never heard out of himself before, and even Halfwolf looked at him with shock. She didn't protest. But by the time they got back to camp, it was clear of Leopardthorn's fate. She didn't have much time. Firsthatch rushed to her and gave the two apprentices a sorrowful look. She felt a pit of dread in her chest- when Leopardthorn came back from gathering herbs he would be heartbroken. "I need someone to go find him before she's completely gone," said Firsthatch. Before anyone could volunteer, Morningwind was gone like a flash, and raced out into Ghostclan's surrounding territory. "Springbite!" yelled Morningwind as soon as he came into sight. The guardian raised his head quickly, concerned by the tone in Morningwind's voice. "You need to get back to camp. [i]Now.[/i]" "What's wrong?" asked Springbite. "It's Leopardthorn. It's bad." Springbite and Spiriteye raced back to camp to see Springbite's daughter lying in a heap in the center of camp. The dragons of the clan were gathered around her, and Firsthatch was providing herbs to help alleviate the pain. "No.." said Springbite, quiet at first, but then letting out a roar. "No! How did this happen?" "I made a mistake in training," said Leopardthorn, her voice low and weak for the first time. "I was injured and didn't stop to rest. Monsters took advantage of that." Springbite looked at Morningwind, pain in his eyes. Morningwind felt something similar in his chest to when he'd lost Brightsplash. "Morningwind fought like a warrior," said Leopardthorn. "He saved Halfwolf's life, and if not for him, you'd have two dying dragons." She looked at Hauntedstar, who pressed her head against hers. Leopardthorn was like a daughter to her. This was like losing Oakspot all over again. "I tried to be a warrior," she said quietly so only Hauntedstar and Springbite heard. "You were the fiercest warrior this clan has ever had," said Springbite." It wasn't long before Leopardthorn was gone. With slow, lifeless steps, Hauntedstar made her way up to Highrock. "I call upon my warrior ancestors to give this apprentice a new mentor. Halfwolf. You have lost your mentor, so your new mentor will be Springbite." "Springbite? But he has an apprentice," said Fragmenttail. "It's Morningwind." "Not anymore," said Hauntedstar. "Morningwind has saved the life of an apprentice and has seen more loss face-to-face than many dragons of this clan. He deserves to be made a warrior." Morningwind was shocked and looked up at his leader. If anything, he felt undeserving of the warrior position. "I, Hauntedstar, Leader of Ghostclan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. He has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code and I reccommend him to you as a warrior in his turn." She looked down at Morningwind. "Morningwind, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your clan, even at the cost of your life?" Still in awe, Morningwind nodded. "I do." "Then by the powers of Starclan, I pronounce you a warrior. StarClan honors your bravery and resilience, and we welcome you as a full warrior of Ghostclan." Despite the sad day, the warriors of the clan smiled and acknowledged Morningwind. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69196496][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/691965/69196496_350.png[/img][/url] This was the second time the clan had lost a warrior in recent moons, and the mourning vigil was a lonely and somber one. Hauntedstar, Springbite, and Beigefur sat vigil for their fallen warrior. "She was the bravest dragon I'd ever known," said Beigefur. "She deserves a place of honor within Starclan." "She's with Oakspot now," said Hauntedstar, nuzzling Springbite comfortingly. Springbite did not respond, but he did wrap a claw around Hauntedstar affectionately in appreciation. Pinglist: @TheGrayGhost @Aileth @Sylvestern
DAY 30
BOOK ONE
CHAPTER 20
I TRIED

Item of the Day:
Ambush

Springbite approached Leopardthorn in camp, smiling in approval at his warrior daughter. She was having a conversation with Hauntedstar.
"Leopardthorn," he called. The ridgeback looked over and smiled at her father, flicking her tail.
"Hey, Dad."
"I need a favor from you."
"Yeah?" Leopardthorn tilted her head to one side.
"I need you to take Morningwind out today to train with you," he said. "I need to help Spiriteye gather herbs. He's a rather good apprentice and nearing the skill of a warrior. He might even help you with Halfwolf," said Springbite.
"That's easy!" said Leopardthorn. "I can do that."

Leopardthorn went into the apprentice den, where Halfwolf and Morningwind were still sleeping. "Wake up!" she yelled ceremoniously. "Halfwolf. Morningwind. You two are coming out training with me today; Springbite was unavailable."
"Where are we going?" asked Morningwind.
"Kelp Beds," said Leopardthorn.

As they reached the Kelp Beds, Morningwind watched Halfwolf with interest. Halfwolf was rather aggressive towards the other apprentices, especially Thistleheart. He wondered if she would show the same behavior here, or if any other dragons in the clan were even aware of how she acted.

"This is a tougher area," informed Leopardthorn. "Halfwolf, I want you to primarily observe Morningwind and I as we fight; get in a swipe or a bite if you can but do not get too close to the monsters here."
"Understood."
Everything initially went well. However, a pack of Abyss Strikers came while they were fighting and one got at Leopardthorn's left eye with shadow magic, temporarily blinding her and causing a significant amount of pain.
"Leopardthorn, are you alright?" asked Morningwind.
"I'm fine," asserted Leopardthorn. "When you're in a battle, you keep fighting if you can. There's no reason for me to quit here."

But a pack of Golden Porpoises was approaching fast.
"Leopardthorn, watch out!"
Morningwind managed to take down one, but the other two ganged up on Leopardthorn. It was too late. Halfwolf watched, dumbfounded, as the plague dragon was surrounded by the light monsters.
"Get off!" yelled Halfwolf, enraged. The Porpoises had their attention turned to Halfwolf and began approaching the nature she-dragon. If they got to her she'd be dead for sure.
I'm not letting this happen again, thought Morningwind. I already lost Brightsplash like this. Starclan, help me!
Morningwind charged ruthlessly at the light dragons. Though his wind alignment made him weaker against them, he fought with all the rage of three warriors, and he managed to chase them off from them, never to return. With a scratch to his right hindquarter his only significant injury, they were no longer in immediate danger.

"Halfwolf. Are you alright?" He asked her. Halfwolf was staring blankly ahead of her, and Morningwind followed her gaze. There lay Leopardthorn, the mighty Ridgeback lying on her side as the water around her was turning red.
"We have to get her back. Now," ordered Morningwind. "You're helping me carry her back." He spoke with an authoritative tone that he had never heard out of himself before, and even Halfwolf looked at him with shock. She didn't protest.

But by the time they got back to camp, it was clear of Leopardthorn's fate. She didn't have much time. Firsthatch rushed to her and gave the two apprentices a sorrowful look. She felt a pit of dread in her chest- when Leopardthorn came back from gathering herbs he would be heartbroken.
"I need someone to go find him before she's completely gone," said Firsthatch. Before anyone could volunteer, Morningwind was gone like a flash, and raced out into Ghostclan's surrounding territory.

"Springbite!" yelled Morningwind as soon as he came into sight. The guardian raised his head quickly, concerned by the tone in Morningwind's voice. "You need to get back to camp. Now."
"What's wrong?" asked Springbite.
"It's Leopardthorn. It's bad."
Springbite and Spiriteye raced back to camp to see Springbite's daughter lying in a heap in the center of camp. The dragons of the clan were gathered around her, and Firsthatch was providing herbs to help alleviate the pain.

"No.." said Springbite, quiet at first, but then letting out a roar. "No! How did this happen?"
"I made a mistake in training," said Leopardthorn, her voice low and weak for the first time. "I was injured and didn't stop to rest. Monsters took advantage of that."
Springbite looked at Morningwind, pain in his eyes. Morningwind felt something similar in his chest to when he'd lost Brightsplash.
"Morningwind fought like a warrior," said Leopardthorn. "He saved Halfwolf's life, and if not for him, you'd have two dying dragons." She looked at Hauntedstar, who pressed her head against hers. Leopardthorn was like a daughter to her. This was like losing Oakspot all over again.
"I tried to be a warrior," she said quietly so only Hauntedstar and Springbite heard.
"You were the fiercest warrior this clan has ever had," said Springbite."

It wasn't long before Leopardthorn was gone. With slow, lifeless steps, Hauntedstar made her way up to Highrock.
"I call upon my warrior ancestors to give this apprentice a new mentor. Halfwolf. You have lost your mentor, so your new mentor will be Springbite."

"Springbite? But he has an apprentice," said Fragmenttail. "It's Morningwind."
"Not anymore," said Hauntedstar. "Morningwind has saved the life of an apprentice and has seen more loss face-to-face than many dragons of this clan. He deserves to be made a warrior."
Morningwind was shocked and looked up at his leader. If anything, he felt undeserving of the warrior position.
"I, Hauntedstar, Leader of Ghostclan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. He has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code and I reccommend him to you as a warrior in his turn." She looked down at Morningwind. "Morningwind, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your clan, even at the cost of your life?"
Still in awe, Morningwind nodded. "I do."
"Then by the powers of Starclan, I pronounce you a warrior. StarClan honors your bravery and resilience, and we welcome you as a full warrior of Ghostclan."
Despite the sad day, the warriors of the clan smiled and acknowledged Morningwind.

69196496_350.png

This was the second time the clan had lost a warrior in recent moons, and the mourning vigil was a lonely and somber one. Hauntedstar, Springbite, and Beigefur sat vigil for their fallen warrior.
"She was the bravest dragon I'd ever known," said Beigefur. "She deserves a place of honor within Starclan."
"She's with Oakspot now," said Hauntedstar, nuzzling Springbite comfortingly. Springbite did not respond, but he did wrap a claw around Hauntedstar affectionately in appreciation.

DAY 30 [center][b][font=times new roman][size=4]BOOK ONE CHAPTER 21 THE SHE-WARRIORS [/size][/b][/center] (A/n: Sorry for the inactivity, I've started my summer semester of nursing school! This chapter's a bit short, but I'll be in more detail when there's more going on.) [FONT=ARIAL]The time had come for Halfwolf and Thistleheart to be promoted to warriors, with each of them excelling in their own respective skills. Halfwolf was as fierce and ruthless as ever, and had become one of the most fearless warriors of the clan. Her issue was that she was cruel and had little respect for Starclan, which made Spiriteye worry for her. Thistleheart remained naive but faithful to Starclan. Her battling skills weren't as good as Halfwolf's, and she was better at stealth, but she was a good warrior nonetheless. Hauntedstar called the warriors to the Highrock and began their warrior initiation ceremonies. She started with Halfwolf. "I, Hauntedstar, Leader of Ghostclan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. She has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code and I recommend her to you as a warrior in her turn. Halfwolf, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your clan, even at the cost of your life?" Halfwolf stared up unblinkingly at her leader. "I do." "Then by the powers of Starclan, I pronounce you a warrior. StarClan honors your tenacity and ferocity, and we welcome you as a full warrior of Ghostclan." Halfwolf nodded. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69235356][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/692354/69235356_350.png[/img][/url] "I also call upon my ancestors to look down upon Thistleheart," said Hauntedstar. "She has trained hard to understand your noble code, and I recommend her to you as a warrior in her turn. Thistleheart, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your clan, even at the cost of your life?" "I do, Hauntedstar," said Thistleheart, quietly. "Then by the powers of Starclan, I pronounce you a warrior. StarClan honors your gentleness and patience, and we welcome you as a full warrior of Ghostclan." [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69225264][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/692253/69225264_350.png[/img][/url] That night, the two took their silent vigil guarding the entrance of Ghostclan camp. Though neither of them spoke, Thistleheart felt Halfwolf's cold green eyes peering into her from across the clan entrance. Though they were warriors now, it seemed she was still resentful of Thistleheart. But why? They were the same status, trained together, and even were found in a similar way. Thistleheart averted Halfwolf's gaze and continued to stare out into the night, ignoring her. Pinglist: @TheGrayGhost @Aileth @Sylvestern
DAY 30
BOOK ONE
CHAPTER 21
THE SHE-WARRIORS
(A/n: Sorry for the inactivity, I've started my summer semester of nursing school! This chapter's a bit short, but I'll be in more detail when there's more going on.)

The time had come for Halfwolf and Thistleheart to be promoted to warriors, with each of them excelling in their own respective skills.
Halfwolf was as fierce and ruthless as ever, and had become one of the most fearless warriors of the clan. Her issue was that she was cruel and had little respect for Starclan, which made Spiriteye worry for her.
Thistleheart remained naive but faithful to Starclan. Her battling skills weren't as good as Halfwolf's, and she was better at stealth, but she was a good warrior nonetheless.
Hauntedstar called the warriors to the Highrock and began their warrior initiation ceremonies. She started with Halfwolf.
"I, Hauntedstar, Leader of Ghostclan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. She has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code and I recommend her to you as a warrior in her turn. Halfwolf, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your clan, even at the cost of your life?"
Halfwolf stared up unblinkingly at her leader. "I do."
"Then by the powers of Starclan, I pronounce you a warrior. StarClan honors your tenacity and ferocity, and we welcome you as a full warrior of Ghostclan."
Halfwolf nodded.
69235356_350.png
"I also call upon my ancestors to look down upon Thistleheart," said Hauntedstar. "She has trained hard to understand your noble code, and I recommend her to you as a warrior in her turn. Thistleheart, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your clan, even at the cost of your life?"
"I do, Hauntedstar," said Thistleheart, quietly.
"Then by the powers of Starclan, I pronounce you a warrior. StarClan honors your gentleness and patience, and we welcome you as a full warrior of Ghostclan."
69225264_350.png
That night, the two took their silent vigil guarding the entrance of Ghostclan camp. Though neither of them spoke, Thistleheart felt Halfwolf's cold green eyes peering into her from across the clan entrance. Though they were warriors now, it seemed she was still resentful of Thistleheart. But why? They were the same status, trained together, and even were found in a similar way. Thistleheart averted Halfwolf's gaze and continued to stare out into the night, ignoring her.
DAY 28 [center][b][font=times new roman][size=4]BOOK ONE CHAPTER 22 NEW LIFE AND LOSS [/size] Item of the Day: [item=berserker] [i]A/N: I decided to have Hauntedstar have hatchlings in celebration of the Greenskeeper Gathering. Meet the first purebred warrior hatchlings of Ghostclan![/i][/center] [font=arial] One breezy day in Ghostclan camp, the warriors were abuzz with news. Hauntedstar had announced that she was to have hatchlings! She lay with the eggs in her very own nest in the nursery, where all the hatchlings born in the clan had been raised. "Are you comfortable?" A deep voice asked from the entryway of the nursery. Fragmenttail walked over to his mate, standing over her protectively. "If you are hungry, I can have the warriors go hunting for you." "I'm fine, Fragmenttail," said Hauntedstar. "So excited I can barely eat, really. It's been so long since we've raised a hatchling of our own, and this time, they're going to look like us!" Fragmenttail nodded. He briefly thought of Oakspot, the hatchling the two had taken in so long ago who had died of Brightache. He hoped Oakspot would be proud of his new, younger siblings when they hatched. "How is the clan?" she asked after a moment. "Fine," said Fragmenttail. "Don't worry about anything while you're here. I'll keep everything in order while you are gone." The nocturne rested his head on his mate. "Thank you, Fragmenttail." Meanwhile in the medicine den, Spiriteye called for Firsthatch. The small fae scurried over to her mentor. "I need a favor from you. I need herbs from the Forbidden Portal," said Spiriteye. "But I can't go. I have to watch Hauntedstar's condition and make sure I'm there when the eggs hatch." "I can do that!" said Firsthatch. "But you'll have to take a warrior with you," said Spiriteye. "The Forbidden Portal is a dangerous, volatile place. Pick one of your choice," said Spiriteye. Nervously, Firsthatch poked her head out of the den and looked around camp. Five warriors were available- Springbite, Thistleheart, Beigefur, Halfwolf, and Morningwind. Thistleheart was a bit shy and Firsthatch wasn't sure if a warrior as new as her would be comfortable guiding her through the Forbidden Portal. Meanwhile, Halfwolf was just as new and unfriendly. Nope. Beigefur was nice, but he was talking to Springbite. Morningwind looked most available, and if Firsthatch admitted it, he was handsome. She decided to ask him. "Morningwind, can you do me a favor?" The spiral male lifted his head and his large green eyes met Firsthatch. "Sure, what's up?" "I'm going out to Forbidden Portal, and Spiriteye said it would be better if I went with a warrior," said Firsthatch. "Could you guide me there?" "Of course," said Morningwind. He smiled at her. The two set off and efficiently gathered their herbs from forbidden portal, but within a few days, both of them were acting off. Firsthatch stumbled dizzily around the camp, and Morningwind reported his vision blurring and seeing shadows in the corners of his eyes. Spiriteye hadn't managed to notice until it was too late due to her caring for Hauntedstar, and by the time the issue was pointed out to her, she was extremely angry. She rushed the two into the medicine dragon den before storming back out and yelling at the warriors- something rare. "How come nobody told me what was going on out here?" Spiriteye hissed. "They'd felt chills and reported headaches these past few days, but none of this behavior happened until now," said Springbite. "What's wrong with them?" Beigefur asked the medicine dragon, concerned for the medicine dragon apprentice and his friend. "It's Mindworm," said Spiriteye. "An extremely dangerous parasite contracted at the surrounding areas of the Forbidden Portal if you get in contact with the dying vegetation there. It's likely they gathered herbs in some bad spots." "Will they come out of it?" Fragmenttail asked. Spiriteye shook her head, and the clan gasped. "It eventually eats away at the mind within a matter of days until all memory is lost," said Spiriteye. "I can't believe I didn't notice this." "Won't it be contagious to you if you care for them?" asked Thistleheart. "If your apprentice got it, couldn't you?" "I'm an arcane dragon," said Spiriteye. "This is an arcane-borne disease. It's especially good at getting at lightning, light, and shadow dragons. But nature dragons and arcane dragons like myself are basically immune. All I can do by now are pain measures." And she was right- Morningwind and Firsthatch were gone by midnight, eventually having forgotten even Spiriteye. Beigefur, Springbite, and Halfwolf sat vigil for Morningwind, and Spiriteye, Fragmenttail, and Thistleheart sat vigil for Firsthatch. Spiriteye sat by her former apprentice longest, saying goodbye to the dragon she considered her daughter for the last time. Hope was not gone forever, however- soon, Hauntedstar's hatchlings were born! Four were born, but three survived. The eldest of the three was named Branchblossom. With astonishing beauty and a quiet affect, she stuck close to her mother and siblings, especially Woodspark. She felt a great weight on her being the oldest daughter of the clan leader and clan deputy. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69522743][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/695228/69522743_350.png[/img][/url] The middle hatchling was a male- Cedarflight. He was confident and carefree, and the clan marveled at how much he looked like his mother. He had the most interest in life outside the nursery, and expressed great excitement when the members of the clan came to enter the den to see him. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69522741][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/695228/69522741_350.png[/img][/url] The youngest of the three was Woodspark, an aspiring brave young hatchling who wanted to be a strong warrior like his parents one day. He helped boost Branchblossom's confidence. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69522742][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/695228/69522742_350.png[/img][/url] Pinglist: @TheGrayGhost @Aileth @Sylvestern
DAY 28
BOOK ONE
CHAPTER 22
NEW LIFE AND LOSS

Item of the Day:
Berserker
A/N: I decided to have Hauntedstar have hatchlings in celebration of the Greenskeeper Gathering. Meet the first purebred warrior hatchlings of Ghostclan!

One breezy day in Ghostclan camp, the warriors were abuzz with news. Hauntedstar had announced that she was to have hatchlings! She lay with the eggs in her very own nest in the nursery, where all the hatchlings born in the clan had been raised.
"Are you comfortable?" A deep voice asked from the entryway of the nursery. Fragmenttail walked over to his mate, standing over her protectively. "If you are hungry, I can have the warriors go hunting for you."
"I'm fine, Fragmenttail," said Hauntedstar. "So excited I can barely eat, really. It's been so long since we've raised a hatchling of our own, and this time, they're going to look like us!"
Fragmenttail nodded. He briefly thought of Oakspot, the hatchling the two had taken in so long ago who had died of Brightache. He hoped Oakspot would be proud of his new, younger siblings when they hatched.
"How is the clan?" she asked after a moment.
"Fine," said Fragmenttail. "Don't worry about anything while you're here. I'll keep everything in order while you are gone." The nocturne rested his head on his mate.
"Thank you, Fragmenttail."

Meanwhile in the medicine den, Spiriteye called for Firsthatch. The small fae scurried over to her mentor. "I need a favor from you. I need herbs from the Forbidden Portal," said Spiriteye. "But I can't go. I have to watch Hauntedstar's condition and make sure I'm there when the eggs hatch."
"I can do that!" said Firsthatch.
"But you'll have to take a warrior with you," said Spiriteye. "The Forbidden Portal is a dangerous, volatile place. Pick one of your choice," said Spiriteye.
Nervously, Firsthatch poked her head out of the den and looked around camp. Five warriors were available- Springbite, Thistleheart, Beigefur, Halfwolf, and Morningwind.
Thistleheart was a bit shy and Firsthatch wasn't sure if a warrior as new as her would be comfortable guiding her through the Forbidden Portal. Meanwhile, Halfwolf was just as new and unfriendly. Nope. Beigefur was nice, but he was talking to Springbite. Morningwind looked most available, and if Firsthatch admitted it, he was handsome. She decided to ask him.
"Morningwind, can you do me a favor?" The spiral male lifted his head and his large green eyes met Firsthatch.
"Sure, what's up?"
"I'm going out to Forbidden Portal, and Spiriteye said it would be better if I went with a warrior," said Firsthatch. "Could you guide me there?"
"Of course," said Morningwind. He smiled at her.

The two set off and efficiently gathered their herbs from forbidden portal, but within a few days, both of them were acting off. Firsthatch stumbled dizzily around the camp, and Morningwind reported his vision blurring and seeing shadows in the corners of his eyes. Spiriteye hadn't managed to notice until it was too late due to her caring for Hauntedstar, and by the time the issue was pointed out to her, she was extremely angry. She rushed the two into the medicine dragon den before storming back out and yelling at the warriors- something rare.
"How come nobody told me what was going on out here?" Spiriteye hissed.
"They'd felt chills and reported headaches these past few days, but none of this behavior happened until now," said Springbite.
"What's wrong with them?" Beigefur asked the medicine dragon, concerned for the medicine dragon apprentice and his friend.
"It's Mindworm," said Spiriteye. "An extremely dangerous parasite contracted at the surrounding areas of the Forbidden Portal if you get in contact with the dying vegetation there. It's likely they gathered herbs in some bad spots."
"Will they come out of it?" Fragmenttail asked. Spiriteye shook her head, and the clan gasped.
"It eventually eats away at the mind within a matter of days until all memory is lost," said Spiriteye. "I can't believe I didn't notice this."
"Won't it be contagious to you if you care for them?" asked Thistleheart. "If your apprentice got it, couldn't you?"
"I'm an arcane dragon," said Spiriteye. "This is an arcane-borne disease. It's especially good at getting at lightning, light, and shadow dragons. But nature dragons and arcane dragons like myself are basically immune. All I can do by now are pain measures."

And she was right- Morningwind and Firsthatch were gone by midnight, eventually having forgotten even Spiriteye. Beigefur, Springbite, and Halfwolf sat vigil for Morningwind, and Spiriteye, Fragmenttail, and Thistleheart sat vigil for Firsthatch. Spiriteye sat by her former apprentice longest, saying goodbye to the dragon she considered her daughter for the last time.

Hope was not gone forever, however- soon, Hauntedstar's hatchlings were born! Four were born, but three survived.

The eldest of the three was named Branchblossom. With astonishing beauty and a quiet affect, she stuck close to her mother and siblings, especially Woodspark. She felt a great weight on her being the oldest daughter of the clan leader and clan deputy.
69522743_350.png
The middle hatchling was a male- Cedarflight. He was confident and carefree, and the clan marveled at how much he looked like his mother. He had the most interest in life outside the nursery, and expressed great excitement when the members of the clan came to enter the den to see him.
69522741_350.png
The youngest of the three was Woodspark, an aspiring brave young hatchling who wanted to be a strong warrior like his parents one day. He helped boost Branchblossom's confidence.
69522742_350.png

DAY 28 [center][b][font=times new roman][size=4]BOOK ONE CHAPTER 23 THISTLEHEART'S DAUGHTER [/size] Item of the Day: [item=creeping chitin breastplate][/center] [font=arial] While the warriors of Ghostclan slept, Thistleheart silently rose from the warrior den and creeped out of camp. She went out of the giant cave they resided in and travelled over streams and meadows in the night until, just past clan borders, she saw a slender figure in front of her. [IMG]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/680351/68035055p.png[/img] "Hey, Summermoon," she said quietly. "Hey, Thistleheart," said the male Veilspun. How are you?" "Well, my clan's been going through some rough times," said Thistleheart. "We just lost two members, but at least we had some hatchlings born." "I'm sorry," said Summermoon. Summermoon had encountered Thistleheart when she was on patrol once, and ever since, they would meet at night to avoid discrimination of the clan against a non-warrior dragon. She felt like she could relate to another Veilspun more than she related to a lot of dragons in her clan. The two had developed feelings for each other and shared a relationship away from the eyes of the warriors. "I do admit, I envy our leader," said Thistleheart. "I want hatchlings of my own. Perhaps it would make my clan life less lonely." "We can have hatchlings, if you like," said Summermoon. "I won't be able to spend much time with them. But..." "You would do that?" asked Thistleheart. The rogue male nodded. ---- When the dragons of the clan the next morning woke up to Thistleheart asking for a nest in the nursery, they were shocked. "Who could you have possibly had hatchlings with?" asked Halfwolf, flicking her tail. "A she-dragon doesn't have to name the father of her hatchlings," said Spiriteye, approaching Thistleheart. "Come on, Thistleheart." She took the veilspun into the nursery. "What are you doing here, Thistleheart?" asked Hauntedstar curiously as she sat with her hatchlings. "You can come see my hatchlings, if you want." "Actually, I'm here to have hatchlings of my own," said Thistleheart sheepishly. "With whom?" asked Hauntedstar, curiously, but without malice in her voice. "We do not have any male veilspuns in Ghostclan." Having hatchlings sounded like a great idea a bit ago, but now that she was facing her leader, she feared judgement. "I knew someone outside the clan who I have had feelings for," said Thistleheart. Hauntedstar shifted uncomfortably in her nest. "Can you trust this dragon?" "He's kind," said Thistleheart. "He said he won't bother clan territory to see the hatchlings. I just wanted some of my own and-" "Thistleheart," said Hauntedstar, softly. "It's okay. But you need to be careful. Rogue males are dangerous. You are a young warrior, and I hate to say it, but a bit naive. I would avoid interactions with these types of dragons." Thistleheart looked down at her claws. "I understand, Hauntedstar." Soon enough, Thistleheart had eggs, and the eggs hatched- three eggs were there,but only one egg produced a hatchling. It was a female. "What will you call her?" asked Hauntedstar, curiously. "Diamondspine," said Thistleheart. Diamondspine grew into an excitable, impulsive hatchling, and became very good friends with Hauntedstar's hatchlings. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69555155][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/695552/69555155_350.png[/img][/url]
DAY 28
BOOK ONE
CHAPTER 23
THISTLEHEART'S DAUGHTER

Item of the Day:
Creeping Chitin Breastplate

While the warriors of Ghostclan slept, Thistleheart silently rose from the warrior den and creeped out of camp. She went out of the giant cave they resided in and travelled over streams and meadows in the night until, just past clan borders, she saw a slender figure in front of her.
68035055p.png
"Hey, Summermoon," she said quietly.
"Hey, Thistleheart," said the male Veilspun. How are you?"
"Well, my clan's been going through some rough times," said Thistleheart. "We just lost two members, but at least we had some hatchlings born."
"I'm sorry," said Summermoon. Summermoon had encountered Thistleheart when she was on patrol once, and ever since, they would meet at night to avoid discrimination of the clan against a non-warrior dragon. She felt like she could relate to another Veilspun more than she related to a lot of dragons in her clan. The two had developed feelings for each other and shared a relationship away from the eyes of the warriors.

"I do admit, I envy our leader," said Thistleheart. "I want hatchlings of my own. Perhaps it would make my clan life less lonely."
"We can have hatchlings, if you like," said Summermoon. "I won't be able to spend much time with them. But..."
"You would do that?" asked Thistleheart. The rogue male nodded.

----
When the dragons of the clan the next morning woke up to Thistleheart asking for a nest in the nursery, they were shocked.
"Who could you have possibly had hatchlings with?" asked Halfwolf, flicking her tail.
"A she-dragon doesn't have to name the father of her hatchlings," said Spiriteye, approaching Thistleheart. "Come on, Thistleheart." She took the veilspun into the nursery.

"What are you doing here, Thistleheart?" asked Hauntedstar curiously as she sat with her hatchlings. "You can come see my hatchlings, if you want."
"Actually, I'm here to have hatchlings of my own," said Thistleheart sheepishly.
"With whom?" asked Hauntedstar, curiously, but without malice in her voice. "We do not have any male veilspuns in Ghostclan."
Having hatchlings sounded like a great idea a bit ago, but now that she was facing her leader, she feared judgement.
"I knew someone outside the clan who I have had feelings for," said Thistleheart.
Hauntedstar shifted uncomfortably in her nest. "Can you trust this dragon?"
"He's kind," said Thistleheart. "He said he won't bother clan territory to see the hatchlings. I just wanted some of my own and-"
"Thistleheart," said Hauntedstar, softly. "It's okay. But you need to be careful. Rogue males are dangerous. You are a young warrior, and I hate to say it, but a bit naive. I would avoid interactions with these types of dragons."
Thistleheart looked down at her claws. "I understand, Hauntedstar."

Soon enough, Thistleheart had eggs, and the eggs hatched- three eggs were there,but only one egg produced a hatchling. It was a female.
"What will you call her?" asked Hauntedstar, curiously.
"Diamondspine," said Thistleheart.
Diamondspine grew into an excitable, impulsive hatchling, and became very good friends with Hauntedstar's hatchlings.
69555155_350.png
DAY 31 [center][b][font=times new roman][size=4]BOOK ONE CHAPTER 24 RESCUED CLAWS [/size] (A/n: I found a nature egg scavenging! I sold it and used the profits to buy a first gen nature hatchling of my choice for the story.)[/center] [font=arial] Spiriteye wandered the nature realm of sornieth, gathering rare herbs with the company of patient Beigefur. He carried large bundles of herbs for her on his back. "Thank you, Beigefur," said Spiriteye. "I really do appreciate the help." "It's no problem," said Beigefur softly. "I'm happy to help you." Beigefur looked around the lush greenery of the Gladekeeper's domain. So this is the sort of place that Hauntedstar grew up in. "I just don't like coming out here by myself anymore," confessed Spiriteye, her hoarse voice breaking the brief silence. "It was different when I had Firsthatch to help me and talk to." "I'm still sorry about what happened, Spiriteye," said Beigefur quietly. "She had great talent. I guess Starclan wanted her to serve up there." "It feels more like a punishment for me," hissed the old she-dragon quietly, picking feverfew. "She did nothing to deserve what happened to her. By the end she barely even knew who I was." "Morningwind didn't recognize me either, at the end," said Beigefur. "I miss him a lot. Was my best friend." Spiriteye felt herself tense with embarrassment. She was the medicine dragon here, and here she was, bothering some young warrior with her troubles! She was supposed to be comforting [i]him[/i]. She was trying to shake off the feeling of being sorry for herself when she noticed a startled growl from the bushes. Beigefur's ears perked up with curiosity, but Spiriteye's brow furrowed with confusion. She parted some leaves in the bushes and there was a purple nature hatchling, stranded and alone. "Great Starclan," said Spiriteye, shocked. "It's a hatchling. And it's abandoned." "A hatchling!" repeated Beigefur, getting a good look at it. Indeed, there was a hatchling. Its piercing green eyes gazed suspiciously up at them. "Let's take it home," said Spiriteye. "We have two queens in the nursery right now. Surely Hauntedstar or Thistleheart wouldn't turn away a hatchling to raise alongside their other new hatchlings." [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69614394][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/696144/69614394_350.png[/img][/url] And indeed, when the medicine dragon reached the nursery holding the hatchling close, the two queens perked their heads up in interest. "Whose hatchling is this?" Hauntedstar asked curiously. "Beigefur and I found him abandoned while I was gathering herbs today," said Spiriteye. "I assumed one of you might take him in with your own." "I will," piped up Thistleheart. "Bring him here. He even looks a bit like me in color," she said. "I'll name him Dustmane," said Thistleheart. Thistleheart came to adore her hatchling and love him just as much as she loved Diamondspine. Dustmane became a cautious, intelligent young hatchling. Pinglist: @TheGrayGhost @Aileth @Sylvestern
DAY 31
BOOK ONE
CHAPTER 24
RESCUED CLAWS

(A/n: I found a nature egg scavenging! I sold it and used the profits to buy a first gen nature hatchling of my choice for the story.)

Spiriteye wandered the nature realm of sornieth, gathering rare herbs with the company of patient Beigefur. He carried large bundles of herbs for her on his back.
"Thank you, Beigefur," said Spiriteye. "I really do appreciate the help."
"It's no problem," said Beigefur softly. "I'm happy to help you." Beigefur looked around the lush greenery of the Gladekeeper's domain. So this is the sort of place that Hauntedstar grew up in.

"I just don't like coming out here by myself anymore," confessed Spiriteye, her hoarse voice breaking the brief silence. "It was different when I had Firsthatch to help me and talk to."
"I'm still sorry about what happened, Spiriteye," said Beigefur quietly. "She had great talent. I guess Starclan wanted her to serve up there."
"It feels more like a punishment for me," hissed the old she-dragon quietly, picking feverfew. "She did nothing to deserve what happened to her. By the end she barely even knew who I was."
"Morningwind didn't recognize me either, at the end," said Beigefur. "I miss him a lot. Was my best friend."

Spiriteye felt herself tense with embarrassment. She was the medicine dragon here, and here she was, bothering some young warrior with her troubles! She was supposed to be comforting him. She was trying to shake off the feeling of being sorry for herself when she noticed a startled growl from the bushes. Beigefur's ears perked up with curiosity, but Spiriteye's brow furrowed with confusion. She parted some leaves in the bushes and there was a purple nature hatchling, stranded and alone.

"Great Starclan," said Spiriteye, shocked. "It's a hatchling. And it's abandoned."
"A hatchling!" repeated Beigefur, getting a good look at it. Indeed, there was a hatchling. Its piercing green eyes gazed suspiciously up at them.
"Let's take it home," said Spiriteye. "We have two queens in the nursery right now. Surely Hauntedstar or Thistleheart wouldn't turn away a hatchling to raise alongside their other new hatchlings."
69614394_350.png

And indeed, when the medicine dragon reached the nursery holding the hatchling close, the two queens perked their heads up in interest.
"Whose hatchling is this?" Hauntedstar asked curiously.
"Beigefur and I found him abandoned while I was gathering herbs today," said Spiriteye. "I assumed one of you might take him in with your own."
"I will," piped up Thistleheart. "Bring him here. He even looks a bit like me in color," she said.
"I'll name him Dustmane," said Thistleheart. Thistleheart came to adore her hatchling and love him just as much as she loved Diamondspine. Dustmane became a cautious, intelligent young hatchling.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8