Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [WCS] Bayou Boat Race
1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 50 51
[columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/59243605][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/592437/59243605.png[/img][/url][nextcol][color=transparent]__[/color][nextcol][font=corbel][size=4]"Everyone is so close now!" Funderburker ribbits with awe, but his expression turn pensive. "The heat truly is turning up, but I sense trouble ahead. We might see more sabotage the next round, which foreshadows a problem with our team... we have no means of protection. We'll have to move cautiously the next round! Let's stay vigilant! I'm really hopeful for our team!"[/size][/columns] [font=corbel][u]Heat B, Team #6[/u]: 4th (Round 4) [center][font=corbel][b]Team Abilities[/b][/center] [LIST] [*][font=corbel][b]Tundra Ability[/b]: [u]Smells Familiar[/u] - If any dragon on any team ahead or equal in the race standings has the same element, gain 12 spaces. If this ability occurs in the first round, the only effect is that the team gains 3 spaces. [*][font=corbel][b]Coatl Ability[/b]: [u]Serpent Secret[/u] - Double the rolls equal to or less than the position of this team in the race standings, eg: if it is in 3rd place, double rolls of 1, 2, and 3. If it is the first round, use the round standings. [*][font=corbel][b]Wildclaw Ability[/b]: [u]Long Strike[/u] - The team ahead of this team in the race standings loses 3 spaces. The team ahead of that team loses 5 spaces. The team ahead of that team loses 10 spaces. If this ability occurs in the first round, the only effect is that the team gains 3 spaces. (This ability Affects the other team.) [*][font=corbel][b]Fae Ability[/b]: [u]Lucky Leap[/u] - All team mates who rolled a 2 or below get their roll bumped to a 6. [/LIST] [center][font=corbel][b]Breakdown[/b][/center] [LIST=1] [*][font=corbel][b]Tundra Ability[/b]: Team 1 and Team 2 are still ahead of us and have a Water dragon, so using this ability will get us 12 spaces, bumping up our total to 80 + 11 + 12 = [u]103[/u]. [*][font=corbel][b]Coatl Ability[/b]: We have more rolls eligible for this round, but it only boosts our score by 6 points, giving us 80 + 6 (<-- 1 + 2 + 3) + 11 = [u]97[/u]. [*][font=corbel][b]Wildclaw Ability[/b]: While we could use Xilfaro's ability here since the points are much closer, our round additions are not so great. 80 + 11 = [u]91[/u]. [*][font=corbel][b]Fae Ability[/b]: Mudskipper's and Xilfaro's rolls apply. 20 + 80 = [u]100[/u]. [/LIST] [font=corbel]I an thinking we go with [b]Chihiro's (Fae)[/b] ability for Round 5. Please ping me if I might have missed something. @Chimerii, @Disillusionist, @dd2900 This round, we will most likely see Team 3 try the Veilspun ability. Team 2 will either also try a sabotage with the Spiral's ability or defend or take the 5 point boost from the Banescale. Team 1 will most likely defend here instead of using the Nocturne's ability. So we are likely looking at 100 for Team 3, 94 for Team 1, and either 96 or 91 for Team 2 depending on whether they attack or not. Team 4 will probably use the Coatl's ability to gain a + 10 boost to get 101. Team 5 will either attack or use the Snapper's ability, leaving them at either 88 or 95. If they attack, it would be safer for us to use Mudskipper's ability to counteract the attack. The only problem I see coming up is that we have no Protection. **If we move to first place, our team will be in a lot of trouble since the other teams have a lot of attacks, especially the Spirals. I am thinking we use Chihiro's (Fae) Lucky Leap to still be competitive in our points yet protected from attacks from other teams.**
59243605.png __ "Everyone is so close now!" Funderburker ribbits with awe, but his expression turn pensive. "The heat truly is turning up, but I sense trouble ahead. We might see more sabotage the next round, which foreshadows a problem with our team... we have no means of protection. We'll have to move cautiously the next round! Let's stay vigilant! I'm really hopeful for our team!"

Heat B, Team #6: 4th (Round 4)

Team Abilities
  • Tundra Ability: Smells Familiar - If any dragon on any team ahead or equal in the race standings has the same element, gain 12 spaces. If this ability occurs in the first round, the only effect is that the team gains 3 spaces.
  • Coatl Ability: Serpent Secret - Double the rolls equal to or less than the position of this team in the race standings, eg: if it is in 3rd place, double rolls of 1, 2, and 3. If it is the first round, use the round standings.
  • Wildclaw Ability: Long Strike - The team ahead of this team in the race standings loses 3 spaces. The team ahead of that team loses 5 spaces. The team ahead of that team loses 10 spaces. If this ability occurs in the first round, the only effect is that the team gains 3 spaces. (This ability Affects the other team.)
  • Fae Ability: Lucky Leap - All team mates who rolled a 2 or below get their roll bumped to a 6.

Breakdown
  1. Tundra Ability: Team 1 and Team 2 are still ahead of us and have a Water dragon, so using this ability will get us 12 spaces, bumping up our total to 80 + 11 + 12 = 103.
  2. Coatl Ability: We have more rolls eligible for this round, but it only boosts our score by 6 points, giving us 80 + 6 (<-- 1 + 2 + 3) + 11 = 97.
  3. Wildclaw Ability: While we could use Xilfaro's ability here since the points are much closer, our round additions are not so great. 80 + 11 = 91.
  4. Fae Ability: Mudskipper's and Xilfaro's rolls apply. 20 + 80 = 100.

I an thinking we go with Chihiro's (Fae) ability for Round 5. Please ping me if I might have missed something.

@Chimerii, @Disillusionist, @dd2900

This round, we will most likely see Team 3 try the Veilspun ability. Team 2 will either also try a sabotage with the Spiral's ability or defend or take the 5 point boost from the Banescale. Team 1 will most likely defend here instead of using the Nocturne's ability. So we are likely looking at 100 for Team 3, 94 for Team 1, and either 96 or 91 for Team 2 depending on whether they attack or not. Team 4 will probably use the Coatl's ability to gain a + 10 boost to get 101. Team 5 will either attack or use the Snapper's ability, leaving them at either 88 or 95. If they attack, it would be safer for us to use Mudskipper's ability to counteract the attack. The only problem I see coming up is that we have no Protection.

**If we move to first place, our team will be in a lot of trouble since the other teams have a lot of attacks, especially the Spirals. I am thinking we use Chihiro's (Fae) Lucky Leap to still be competitive in our points yet protected from attacks from other teams.**

GNG7q0I.png
about
wishlist
journal

2021-08-07_Katsuji2.png
*squeak!*
@SeaDuchess @@Festivoog @Sekoiya

I don't think long nose is a good idea because we're in first place which means we probably won't snag that many points, but i'm not sure
@SeaDuchess @@Festivoog @Sekoiya

I don't think long nose is a good idea because we're in first place which means we probably won't snag that many points, but i'm not sure
Wishlist|| Art shop
[quote name="Quartzdust" date="2021-04-29 13:46:26" ]I don't think long nose is a good idea because we're in first place which means we probably won't snag that many points, but i'm not sure[/quote] @Quartzdust Long Nose only works if there are teams ahead of you to steal points from. It goes off of the overall race standings, so if you're currently in first place, you won't gain anything from it.
Quartzdust wrote on 2021-04-29 13:46:26:

@Quartzdust Long Nose only works if there are teams ahead of you to steal points from. It goes off of the overall race standings, so if you're currently in first place, you won't gain anything from it.
Na5WGHa.png
@AWB @Saraceaser @sockmonkeygerald

Uhm uhm atm I'm actually thinking risking it with Ridgeback like you suggest,, Noc could be an option with the points but we can still be affected by others around us x_X'' So Ridgeback may be the way..

Dragons paddle faster!
@AWB @Saraceaser @sockmonkeygerald

Uhm uhm atm I'm actually thinking risking it with Ridgeback like you suggest,, Noc could be an option with the points but we can still be affected by others around us x_X'' So Ridgeback may be the way..

Dragons paddle faster!
F9No6Gk.png
@Sinjin @gn0me @RootsforLeaves

Looks like we're in the lead...which means we are the main target. Will anything net us better points than Coatl?
@Sinjin @gn0me @RootsforLeaves

Looks like we're in the lead...which means we are the main target. Will anything net us better points than Coatl?
QJCw8yd.png

thenamelessclan.png
@BubbleBirb @MarinaQuakenbush @TheCardinal - sounds good! Sorry I'm not having much input but y'all have good ideas!
@BubbleBirb @MarinaQuakenbush @TheCardinal - sounds good! Sorry I'm not having much input but y'all have good ideas!
art of a yellow winged cat standing on a book, linking to the thread the badge was froma fake item ribbon with trans and rainbow flag colors linking to a thread with more ribbons/art of a traveling Light flight Spiral dragon linking to the artist
@ghostingskies @Snek @TricksySixx

Although we're still in last, the race is very tight! I personally think the best way to go would be to use Long Strike- although Slow and Steady could help, it wouldn't give us too many points because the numbers are really close between last and third, and the pearlcatcher ability would only give us two points. I also think the skydancer ability would give us around the same amount as Slow and Steady, so trying to get a good amount knocked off the other teams is the best bet imo
@ghostingskies @Snek @TricksySixx

Although we're still in last, the race is very tight! I personally think the best way to go would be to use Long Strike- although Slow and Steady could help, it wouldn't give us too many points because the numbers are really close between last and third, and the pearlcatcher ability would only give us two points. I also think the skydancer ability would give us around the same amount as Slow and Steady, so trying to get a good amount knocked off the other teams is the best bet imo
PX2x8Tb.pngimage-9.pngWCSunday.pngFragmented-Tablet.pngKelBIQc.png
@Nimsi @CourierSix @Dragoneko

Considering how late it triggers in the order, I think Snapper is our best bet! That way we can more easily pass any teams making big gains. I'd be just fine with second place!
@Nimsi @CourierSix @Dragoneko

Considering how late it triggers in the order, I think Snapper is our best bet! That way we can more easily pass any teams making big gains. I'd be just fine with second place!
YUDrFCG.png
[columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/24508798][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/245088/24508798.png[/img][/url][nextcol][quote]The unexpectedly musical round has Gwen grinning with delight. There's nothing quite like a good time to raise the spirits! And even as the magic fades, the ambient hum of the bayou continues to sing along.[/quote][/columns] ------- @Snek @Ajgreelyfan3 @TricksySixx Good job, everyone! We managed to close the gap a bit so that our entire heat is within ten points of each other. It's gonna be a close one, though, as we're still in last with a total of [b]74[/b]. The dice roll granted us an ok 14 points (the highest was 20 from Team 3, those lucky ducks!)[br] [quote=Ability Review] [Center](Listed in the same order as our Team's species, to make voting a little easier!)[/center] ----- [b]Slow and Steady[/b] - If this team is in the last half of teams in the race standings, it gains as many points as is needed to pass the #3 team in the race standings by 1. If this ability occurs in the first round, the only effect is that the team gains 3 points. [b]Confusing Dance[/b] - Switch this team's Round Total and dice rolls with those of the team with the highest Round Total this round. If this ability occurs in the first round, the only effect is that the team gains 3 points. (This ability Affects the other team.) [b]Long Strike[/b] - The team ahead of this team in the race standings loses 3 points. The team ahead of that team loses 5 points. The team ahead of that team loses 10 points. If this ability occurs in the first round, the only effect is that the team gains 3 points. (This ability Affects the other team.) [b]Enlightened Soul[/b] - The team's current Round Total is bumped up to the next square number (even if it is already a square number).[/quote] I agree with Ajgreelyfan3 here - I think it's worth knocking everyone else down a few points with [b]Long Strike[/b] since the totals are so close right now. Fingers crossed...!
24508798.png
Quote:
The unexpectedly musical round has Gwen grinning with delight. There's nothing quite like a good time to raise the spirits! And even as the magic fades, the ambient hum of the bayou continues to sing along.

@Snek @Ajgreelyfan3 @TricksySixx

Good job, everyone! We managed to close the gap a bit so that our entire heat is within ten points of each other. It's gonna be a close one, though, as we're still in last with a total of 74. The dice roll granted us an ok 14 points (the highest was 20 from Team 3, those lucky ducks!)

Ability Review wrote:
(Listed in the same order as our Team's species, to make voting a little easier!)

Slow and Steady - If this team is in the last half of teams in the race standings, it gains as many points as is needed to pass the #3 team in the race standings by 1. If this ability occurs in the first round, the only effect is that the team gains 3 points.

Confusing Dance - Switch this team's Round Total and dice rolls with those of the team with the highest Round Total this round. If this ability occurs in the first round, the only effect is that the team gains 3 points. (This ability Affects the other team.)

Long Strike - The team ahead of this team in the race standings loses 3 points. The team ahead of that team loses 5 points. The team ahead of that team loses 10 points. If this ability occurs in the first round, the only effect is that the team gains 3 points. (This ability Affects the other team.)

Enlightened Soul - The team's current Round Total is bumped up to the next square number (even if it is already a square number).

I agree with Ajgreelyfan3 here - I think it's worth knocking everyone else down a few points with Long Strike since the totals are so close right now. Fingers crossed...!
tumblr_inline_nl99l3zmlQ1ro4abf_100.png AzWEmYL.png ghostingskies
» they/he
» FR +2
» pings OK!
@mxlplyx @Sinjin @RootsforLeaves [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/65202555][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/652026/65202555_350.png[/img][/url][/center] It's the second time Blood has used his Long Nose scroll, and this time Jupiter watches carefully as the dart heads out, he imagines he can see an etheric thread trailing from it, and as it lodges in the boat ahead of them it pulls them forwards a little while simultaneously pulling the other boat backwards, before detaching and lodging in the next boat ahead. One by one they pass all the boats in the field until for the first time ever they are in the lead! Jupiter relaxes into the bow of the boat facing backwards, and enjoys the unrivalled view, from here he can take in not only all his team-mates but all the other boats in the race too! "Ah well he thinks, might as well enjoy it while it lasts, all our scrolls are great when we're behind but once we're ahead they're not a great benefit and without protection I imagine we should just enjoy first place while it lasts!" ----- Coatl only gains us one point... like mxlplyx points out though, it seems like the only option with any benefit at all. (Although I've seen the abilities are used in a certain order so perhaps by the time our turn comes some boats may have passed us and the other abilites could help us catch up again?) Today is a busy day so I just voted Coatl... please outvote me if you've time to discover a better option!
@mxlplyx @Sinjin @RootsforLeaves
65202555_350.png

It's the second time Blood has used his Long Nose scroll, and this time Jupiter watches carefully as the dart heads out, he imagines he can see an etheric thread trailing from it, and as it lodges in the boat ahead of them it pulls them forwards a little while simultaneously pulling the other boat backwards, before detaching and lodging in the next boat ahead.

One by one they pass all the boats in the field until for the first time ever they are in the lead!
Jupiter relaxes into the bow of the boat facing backwards, and enjoys the unrivalled view, from here he can take in not only all his team-mates but all the other boats in the race too!

"Ah well he thinks, might as well enjoy it while it lasts, all our scrolls are great when we're behind but once we're ahead they're not a great benefit and without protection I imagine we should just enjoy first place while it lasts!"

Coatl only gains us one point... like mxlplyx points out though, it seems like the only option with any benefit at all. (Although I've seen the abilities are used in a certain order so perhaps by the time our turn comes some boats may have passed us and the other abilites could help us catch up again?)
Today is a busy day so I just voted Coatl... please outvote me if you've time to discover a better option!
qDkA25S.png
1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 50 51