Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [WCS] Bayou Boat Race
1 2 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51
Thankyou for hosting dreamclaws! Esp three big teams at once too. I actually was curiously wondering if a team would use longnose all 7 rounds lol. since at max two teams can be reflected/protected from it, that ability can still gain a lot more points than a nocturne ability gaining 10max in one round. I also was confused for coatls ability but found the answers in posts in this thread. Anyway amazing hosting skills. And i hope everyone had fun. Grats all winners [emoji=new friend size=1]
Thankyou for hosting dreamclaws! Esp three big teams at once too.

I actually was curiously wondering if a team would use longnose all 7 rounds lol. since at max two teams can be reflected/protected from it, that ability can still gain a lot more points than a nocturne ability gaining 10max in one round.

I also was confused for coatls ability but found the answers in posts in this thread.

Anyway amazing hosting skills. And i hope everyone had fun. Grats all winners
- - - - - wind-badge-2023 - -
-

Dragons for sale
-· buy a nugget?

-
-- plague-badge-2024-plague-badge-2024
@dreamclaws

Thank you for hosting such a fun game! I had no idea when I joined up that I would spend an hour or sometimes even longer every day crunching stats and figuring out what the other teams would do and helping to hammer out strategies. I didn't even know I had that in me, lol!

@IncognitoPlayer @Waywardhunter05 @jbapple

I am so happy, we took 2nd place!! Not bad at all. I had so much fun. Thanks for being such wonderful teammates. If you ever want to join forces again please let me know. I don't venture onto the forums very much but I am glad I did this time. The race made Wavecrest so much more fun for me. And I have you guys to thank! GO TEAM
@dreamclaws

Thank you for hosting such a fun game! I had no idea when I joined up that I would spend an hour or sometimes even longer every day crunching stats and figuring out what the other teams would do and helping to hammer out strategies. I didn't even know I had that in me, lol!

@IncognitoPlayer @Waywardhunter05 @jbapple

I am so happy, we took 2nd place!! Not bad at all. I had so much fun. Thanks for being such wonderful teammates. If you ever want to join forces again please let me know. I don't venture onto the forums very much but I am glad I did this time. The race made Wavecrest so much more fun for me. And I have you guys to thank! GO TEAM
@BunnySox @Vaixation @Bashett

Wooooo! Underdogs for the winnnnn! Good job team!
@BunnySox @Vaixation @Bashett

[quote name="McKayRulez" date="2021-05-02 14:49:43" ] @/BunnySox @/Vaixation @/Bashett Wooooo! Underdogs for the winnnnn! Good job team! [/quote] @Bashett @McKayRulez @Vaixation smh still can't believe it!!! [emoji=nocturne laughing size=1][emoji=ridgeback laughing size=1][emoji=spiral laughing size=1][emoji=skydancer laughing size=1] y'all were great teammates and tkx for all the laughs!!!
McKayRulez wrote on 2021-05-02 14:49:43:
@/BunnySox @/Vaixation @/Bashett

@Bashett @McKayRulez @Vaixation
smh
still can't believe it!!!
y'all were great teammates and tkx for all the laughs!!!
@dreamclaws Thanks for doing this! :D It was unique! :)

Also, curious. What raffle do the raffle tickets go to?
@dreamclaws Thanks for doing this! :D It was unique! :)

Also, curious. What raffle do the raffle tickets go to?
@dreamclaws

Thank you for creating and hosting this, it was so much fun!!! Our team did not know each other at all at the beginning, and we made friends and strategized and laughed our heads off, and everyone on our team had a good time.

The game was so complex and you kept it all together with so much detail - dice rolls, standings, spell scrolls, so much to manage, and you did a great job!! Little hiccups here and there, all part of a new game, and no worries, thanks for all your monumental effort to show us racers a great time!! And you succeeded!!

It was really unique and fun, and I couldn't wait to check the standings every morning and decide what to try next as we were mostly dead last almost every round lol

Pls ping me if you ever do such things again!! xoxo

^-^
@dreamclaws

Thank you for creating and hosting this, it was so much fun!!! Our team did not know each other at all at the beginning, and we made friends and strategized and laughed our heads off, and everyone on our team had a good time.

The game was so complex and you kept it all together with so much detail - dice rolls, standings, spell scrolls, so much to manage, and you did a great job!! Little hiccups here and there, all part of a new game, and no worries, thanks for all your monumental effort to show us racers a great time!! And you succeeded!!

It was really unique and fun, and I couldn't wait to check the standings every morning and decide what to try next as we were mostly dead last almost every round lol

Pls ping me if you ever do such things again!! xoxo

^-^
@Vaixation I'm actually glad you brought up the general lack of protective abilities, because in general, I was very surprised by the distribution of breeds. For example, there was only one Imperial and one Bogsneak out of the 72 dragons, which is surprising not only because Imps are generally pretty popular but because those two have a couple of the best abilities as determined by my tests. I thought I would have more protective abilities to assign.

I assigned the teams partially randomly. I basically just made sure each team had a decent selection of abilities, though there weren't enough protective ones to go around.

That's a good idea about having all the dragons work together to protect the points, or having the protection be limited. I actually did consider having items people could purchase to make it a bit more like Mario Kart, though I scrapped that because it would have been too much work. So it would make sense if the protective abilities were turned into an item that anyone could access.
@Vaixation I'm actually glad you brought up the general lack of protective abilities, because in general, I was very surprised by the distribution of breeds. For example, there was only one Imperial and one Bogsneak out of the 72 dragons, which is surprising not only because Imps are generally pretty popular but because those two have a couple of the best abilities as determined by my tests. I thought I would have more protective abilities to assign.

I assigned the teams partially randomly. I basically just made sure each team had a decent selection of abilities, though there weren't enough protective ones to go around.

That's a good idea about having all the dragons work together to protect the points, or having the protection be limited. I actually did consider having items people could purchase to make it a bit more like Mario Kart, though I scrapped that because it would have been too much work. So it would make sense if the protective abilities were turned into an item that anyone could access.
Na5WGHa.png
@Lansly I think a team could do decently well spamming Long Nose each round, though since it doesn't have any effect if you're in first place, they could also have a Guardian or Bogsneak to protect their position. In theory, though, all the teams could protect themselves from Long Nose if they all had Gaolers/Bogs/Guardians and used those abilities.
@Lansly I think a team could do decently well spamming Long Nose each round, though since it doesn't have any effect if you're in first place, they could also have a Guardian or Bogsneak to protect their position. In theory, though, all the teams could protect themselves from Long Nose if they all had Gaolers/Bogs/Guardians and used those abilities.
Na5WGHa.png
@McKayRulez The raffle tickets go to the main Wavecrest IF/OOF raffles, same as you get for sending dragons in to the public buy.
@McKayRulez The raffle tickets go to the main Wavecrest IF/OOF raffles, same as you get for sending dragons in to the public buy.
Na5WGHa.png
@BunnySox Thank you so much for the kind words! I'm so glad it was a memorable experience.
@BunnySox Thank you so much for the kind words! I'm so glad it was a memorable experience.
Na5WGHa.png
1 2 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51