Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [WCS] Bayou Boat Race
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 50 51
[size=1][size=1]HEAT C: @Shrapnarl @ScatteredAshes @warriorofaces @IoliteWyvern @Sinjin @RootsforLeaves @mxlplyx @gn0me @KaitoFletcher @Robotzebra @icepools @mossyaki @AlphaSnowdust @hat17 @Sol4rEclips3 @Loreka @Saraceaser @AWB @sockmonkeygerald @HollowBay @Vaixation @Bashett @BunnySox @McKayRulez[/size] [center][b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2995046/1#post_47116727]rules[/url] [emoji=ivy leaf size=1] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2995046/1#post_47116728]abilities[/url] [emoji=ivy leaf size=1] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2995046/1#post_47116731]rosters[/url] [emoji=ivy leaf size=1] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2995046/1#post_47116733]prizes[/url] [emoji=ivy leaf size=1] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2995046/1#post_47116763]pinglist[/url] [emoji=ivy leaf size=1] [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hb-9BzmcoLmi6T5DAoNXJ_sIMRwRLxHVO71UV_n_QnY/edit?usp=sharing]spreadsheet[/url][/b][/center] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/uH8twR1.png[/img][/center] [center][size=5][b][u][font=Futura]HEAT C - ROUND 1 RESULTS[/font][/u][/b][/size][/center] Grampa Snap taps the message stone which will relay the race results to everyone waiting to hear. "Is this thing on? Hmph. Newfangled technology always gets me. Well, here's how the last round went..." [b]Team 4's[/b] Thunderwolfe used their [b]Winter Guard[/b] scroll as the team hoped to preserve their lead. A bubble expanded from the scroll itself, encasing the Gaoler and their team in a bubble that had subtle shifting frost designs on its surface, beautiful, but not enough to obscure their vision. [b]Team 6's[/b] Duela figured the team could try to get ahead using her [b]Confusing Dance[/b] scroll. A breeze kicked up and the boat spun around once before sputtering ahead, making the team duck to avoid a low-hanging branch. The team gained [b]3[/b] points. [b]Team 2[/b] was falling behind already, so Thor pulled out his [b]Serpent Secret[/b] scroll. "I wonder what this does exactly," said Jupiter, peering over his shoulder. Magical snake shapes erupted from the scroll and surrounded the boat, propelling them forward, and Jupiter held on to Thor's shoulder to avoid being left behind. The team gained [b]10[/b] points. [b]Team 3's[/b] Anivia also chose to use her [b]Serpent Secret[/b] scroll as the team was almost in last place already. The magical serpents that emerged from the scroll coalesced into one huge python, which flowed into the water and under the boat, propelling them forward by an incredible amount. "Whoa!" cried Anivia, and the team held on to their paddles as the boat was pushed forward. They gained [b]12[/b] points. [b]Team 1[/b] used Acacia's [b]Lucky Leap[/b] scroll. Yellow sparks of glitter flew around the boat like petals in the wind and the team cheered as they found it easier to row. Each stroke of their paddles seemed to do more than usual and they rowed with renewed vigor, gaining [b]8[/b] points. [b]Team 5[/b] had been making their way through some dense foliage that concealed them from the other teams. Elucul used his [b]Sneaking Through[/b] scroll, which gave the entire boat and its rowers a shimmering, shadowy appearance. The boat moved like a twisting fish in the water, and the team gained [b]10[/b] points. [b]Final Round Totals:[/b] Team #1 - 22 points Team #2 - 20 points Team #3 - 24 points Team #4 - 16 points Team #5 - 25 points Team #6 - 18 points [b]Current Standings[/b] 1st - Team 5 - 25 points 2nd - Team 3 - 24 points 3rd - Team 1 - 22 points 4th - Team 2 - 20 points 5th - Team 6 - 18 points 6th - Team 4 - 16 points [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hb-9BzmcoLmi6T5DAoNXJ_sIMRwRLxHVO71UV_n_QnY/edit?usp=sharing][b]All of this information and more can be viewed in the spreadsheet. [/b][/url] [img]https://i.imgur.com/Ek3u4Wd.png[/img] [center][size=5][b][u][font=Futura]ROUND 2 DICE ROLLS[/font][/u][/b][/size] Check how each team did and choose your abilities accordingly! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2995046/1#post_47116728][b]Click here[/b][/url] to view the list of abilities. [size=4][url=https://forms.gle/6sK9qxdk4zfMbKi2A][b]Vote for your team's ability by 5 am FRT here![/b][/url][/size][/center] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/NhtHtUF.png[/img][/center]
HEAT C: @Shrapnarl @ScatteredAshes @warriorofaces @IoliteWyvern @Sinjin @RootsforLeaves @mxlplyx @gn0me @KaitoFletcher @Robotzebra @icepools @mossyaki @AlphaSnowdust @hat17 @Sol4rEclips3 @Loreka @Saraceaser @AWB @sockmonkeygerald @HollowBay @Vaixation @Bashett @BunnySox @McKayRulez

uH8twR1.png

HEAT C - ROUND 1 RESULTS

Grampa Snap taps the message stone which will relay the race results to everyone waiting to hear. "Is this thing on? Hmph. Newfangled technology always gets me. Well, here's how the last round went..."

Team 4's Thunderwolfe used their Winter Guard scroll as the team hoped to preserve their lead. A bubble expanded from the scroll itself, encasing the Gaoler and their team in a bubble that had subtle shifting frost designs on its surface, beautiful, but not enough to obscure their vision.

Team 6's Duela figured the team could try to get ahead using her Confusing Dance scroll. A breeze kicked up and the boat spun around once before sputtering ahead, making the team duck to avoid a low-hanging branch. The team gained 3 points.

Team 2 was falling behind already, so Thor pulled out his Serpent Secret scroll. "I wonder what this does exactly," said Jupiter, peering over his shoulder. Magical snake shapes erupted from the scroll and surrounded the boat, propelling them forward, and Jupiter held on to Thor's shoulder to avoid being left behind. The team gained 10 points.

Team 3's Anivia also chose to use her Serpent Secret scroll as the team was almost in last place already. The magical serpents that emerged from the scroll coalesced into one huge python, which flowed into the water and under the boat, propelling them forward by an incredible amount. "Whoa!" cried Anivia, and the team held on to their paddles as the boat was pushed forward. They gained 12 points.

Team 1 used Acacia's Lucky Leap scroll. Yellow sparks of glitter flew around the boat like petals in the wind and the team cheered as they found it easier to row. Each stroke of their paddles seemed to do more than usual and they rowed with renewed vigor, gaining 8 points.

Team 5 had been making their way through some dense foliage that concealed them from the other teams. Elucul used his Sneaking Through scroll, which gave the entire boat and its rowers a shimmering, shadowy appearance. The boat moved like a twisting fish in the water, and the team gained 10 points.

Final Round Totals:

Team #1 - 22 points
Team #2 - 20 points
Team #3 - 24 points
Team #4 - 16 points
Team #5 - 25 points
Team #6 - 18 points

Current Standings

1st - Team 5 - 25 points
2nd - Team 3 - 24 points
3rd - Team 1 - 22 points
4th - Team 2 - 20 points
5th - Team 6 - 18 points
6th - Team 4 - 16 points

All of this information and more can be viewed in the spreadsheet.

Ek3u4Wd.png

ROUND 2 DICE ROLLS

Check how each team did and choose your abilities accordingly!
Click here to view the list of abilities.

Vote for your team's ability by 5 am FRT here!

NhtHtUF.png

Na5WGHa.png
@FairyForestKing @hogarth @fattycatty

I think Metis or Agua's ability might be best this round.

There are no low rolls to make Bats ability to work well and we are in 2nd so Turel would only work on one team at the moment. Of course Turel's skill might work on more depending on how and when other team abilities resolve.

I will hold off voting until this evening
@FairyForestKing @hogarth @fattycatty

I think Metis or Agua's ability might be best this round.

There are no low rolls to make Bats ability to work well and we are in 2nd so Turel would only work on one team at the moment. Of course Turel's skill might work on more depending on how and when other team abilities resolve.

I will hold off voting until this evening
Fd5cQVO.jpeg
@FairyForestKing @hogarth @Syceris

Personally I think we should use Protection (the guardian ability) because 1; as Syceris said above, we don’t have enough low roles for Bat’s ability 2; as also said above, Tural’s ability would only affect the team ahead of us and 3. Whoever the skydancer is would only bump our role up by one, which would be a waste

So I think Protection would be the best, as we’ve gotten the second highest role, and we wouldn’t want to have anything happen to us (not to mention if we get placed lower we can use Tural’s ability)
@FairyForestKing @hogarth @Syceris

Personally I think we should use Protection (the guardian ability) because 1; as Syceris said above, we don’t have enough low roles for Bat’s ability 2; as also said above, Tural’s ability would only affect the team ahead of us and 3. Whoever the skydancer is would only bump our role up by one, which would be a waste

So I think Protection would be the best, as we’ve gotten the second highest role, and we wouldn’t want to have anything happen to us (not to mention if we get placed lower we can use Tural’s ability)
pTjbLr0.png
Bingo
They/Them
+8 FRT
My username is RBG, not RGB
HotnSpicy’s Beauty Tips and Tricks
[nextcol]Blank blank blank[nextcol]blank blank blank[nextcol]
@KaitoFletcher @Robotzebra @icepools

Yay, the first round was pretty good!

I think our best move atm would be to choose Reiri's ability since there are a lot of abilities in other teams that could affect us negatively and a guarding ability might prove very useful.

We had the highest rolls this round so Slate's ability will do nothing. Same with Alyora's since Team 5 has a Veilspun. And Anivia's ability will only double one roll because we are in a 2nd position now and have only 1 roll less or equal to 2.
@KaitoFletcher @Robotzebra @icepools

I think our best move atm would be to choose Reiri's ability since there are a lot of abilities in other teams that could affect us negatively and a guarding ability might prove very useful.

We had the highest rolls this round so Slate's ability will do nothing. Same with Alyora's since Team 5 has a Veilspun. And Anivia's ability will only double one roll because we are in a 2nd position now and have only 1 roll less or equal to 2.
kI7B1wB.png
webp_net_gifmaker_by_cxndy_lace-dbe956u.gif

FR time +9 | >Instagram
@dreamclaws

Can I ask a clarification question? I'm honestly really confused. The team ability we chose was Skydancer, and it says this:

"If this ability occurs in the first round, the only effect is that the team gains 3 points."

I thought it was just going to add +3 points to our score, but it basically wound up doing nothing because of whatever Team 4 used...? I'm so confused why it didn't add 3 points at all.
@dreamclaws

Can I ask a clarification question? I'm honestly really confused. The team ability we chose was Skydancer, and it says this:

"If this ability occurs in the first round, the only effect is that the team gains 3 points."

I thought it was just going to add +3 points to our score, but it basically wound up doing nothing because of whatever Team 4 used...? I'm so confused why it didn't add 3 points at all.
2022_fr-signature.png
VAIXATION
(vikes-ZAY-shun)
THEY/THEM/THEIRS
2022_fr-signature-margin.png
2022_fr-profile-divider-4.png
ABOUT || ART || ACCENTS
2022_fr-profile-divider-1.png
2022_fr-signature-2.png
@sekoia @SeaDuchess @Quartzdust Highest roll this round! And 4th place overall. We're 100% going to get attacked. I think the best choice is Long Nose. Being in 4th place overall means we have 3 other teams to siphon points from and hope that's enough to weather attacks from everybody else.
@sekoia @SeaDuchess @Quartzdust Highest roll this round! And 4th place overall. We're 100% going to get attacked. I think the best choice is Long Nose. Being in 4th place overall means we have 3 other teams to siphon points from and hope that's enough to weather attacks from everybody else.
dcf703ab-9a42-11ea-8cb1-bf4ff3e8f19c.gif Follow my Triple Basic to Rare Challenge! dcf703ab-9a42-11ea-8cb1-bf4ff3e8f19c.gif
@Waywardhunter05 @jbapple @felinefracas

Imma make this short and simple.

We’re in 5th place. Not doing so hot. I say we use the Ridgeback’s ability as that adds some points to us, and deducts points from the teams ahead of us. This is a great opportunity to scrap out some points and get in the lead. It’s go big or go home.

If you all agree with me, no need to vote, as I already did. If you have any other suggestions, let me know.
@Waywardhunter05 @jbapple @felinefracas

Imma make this short and simple.

We’re in 5th place. Not doing so hot. I say we use the Ridgeback’s ability as that adds some points to us, and deducts points from the teams ahead of us. This is a great opportunity to scrap out some points and get in the lead. It’s go big or go home.

If you all agree with me, no need to vote, as I already did. If you have any other suggestions, let me know.
@dragonpals @CourierSix @Dragoneko

12 points for the round, standing last in the race, and fourth in the round! Let's review our possibilities.

Spiral's Knotted Up - The team in first place in the race standings loses 12 points unless that is this dragon's team, in which case the second place team loses 6 points. If this ability occurs in the first round, the only effect is that the team gains 3 points. This could be an interesting choice. It wouldn't put us at any advantage, though, and 12 points are hardly going to make a difference right now.

Coatl's Serpent Secret - Double the rolls equal to or less than the position of this team in the race standings, eg: if it is in 3rd place, double rolls of 1, 2, and 3. If it is the first round, use the round standings. We are sixth, as I understand it, as it says race standings, and not round standings. It would then allow us to double all our rolls again, bringing us to 24. Promising.

Pearlcatcher's Enlightened Soul - The team's current Round Total is bumped up to the next square number (even if it is already a square number). The next square number is 16. Not much.

Snapper's Slow and Steady - If this team is in the last half of teams in the race standings, it gains as many points as is needed to pass the #3 team in the race standings by 1. If this ability occurs in the first round, the only effect is that the team gains 3 points. As I understand it, this would also bring us to 22, as the team in third place, not counting this round, is at 21. It is also very promising.

I would honestly suggest the Coatl ability again, as it seems to be stronger when we are in a poor position. Snapper could also be an option, if we want some variety.
@dragonpals @CourierSix @Dragoneko

12 points for the round, standing last in the race, and fourth in the round! Let's review our possibilities.

Spiral's Knotted Up - The team in first place in the race standings loses 12 points unless that is this dragon's team, in which case the second place team loses 6 points. If this ability occurs in the first round, the only effect is that the team gains 3 points. This could be an interesting choice. It wouldn't put us at any advantage, though, and 12 points are hardly going to make a difference right now.

Coatl's Serpent Secret - Double the rolls equal to or less than the position of this team in the race standings, eg: if it is in 3rd place, double rolls of 1, 2, and 3. If it is the first round, use the round standings. We are sixth, as I understand it, as it says race standings, and not round standings. It would then allow us to double all our rolls again, bringing us to 24. Promising.

Pearlcatcher's Enlightened Soul - The team's current Round Total is bumped up to the next square number (even if it is already a square number). The next square number is 16. Not much.

Snapper's Slow and Steady - If this team is in the last half of teams in the race standings, it gains as many points as is needed to pass the #3 team in the race standings by 1. If this ability occurs in the first round, the only effect is that the team gains 3 points. As I understand it, this would also bring us to 22, as the team in third place, not counting this round, is at 21. It is also very promising.

I would honestly suggest the Coatl ability again, as it seems to be stronger when we are in a poor position. Snapper could also be an option, if we want some variety.
cVk0Zxx.png sYgDCwU.png pI7xfuy.png
They/Them || Xe/Xir
@KaitoFletcher @icepools @mossyaki [quote name="mossyaki" date="2021-04-26 06:52:21" ] Yay, the first round was pretty good! I think our best move atm would be to choose Reiri's ability since there are a lot of abilities in other teams that could affect us negatively and a guarding ability might prove very useful. We had the highest rolls this round so Slate's ability will do nothing. Same with Alyora's since Team 5 has a Veilspun. And Anivia's ability will only double one roll because we are in a 2nd position now and have only 1 roll less or equal to 2. [/quote] Agreed
@KaitoFletcher @icepools @mossyaki
mossyaki wrote on 2021-04-26 06:52:21:

Agreed
Wn94zHr.png
dEe2UrM.png
sQMcqHN.png
TdTJOrw.png........
old-oaks-2.png
@Sinjin @gn0me @RootsforLeaves

Blood would be happy to offer her ability for this round, as there are 2 teams ahead of us...they would both lose points & we would gain them.
@Sinjin @gn0me @RootsforLeaves

Blood would be happy to offer her ability for this round, as there are 2 teams ahead of us...they would both lose points & we would gain them.
QJCw8yd.png

thenamelessclan.png
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 50 51