Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Let's Go to War! (Fodderlocke)
1 2 3 4 5
[center][b][size=7][font=times new roman][color=maroon]Day 31[/color][/font][/size][/b][/center] [size=1]@LordMaroo[/size] Today's recruit: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/60535254][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/605353/60535254_350.png[/img][/url] Khine For our phase 2, we rolled 10 Test the newbies. Elle and Khine both passed so they gained +1 level ***
Day 31
@LordMaroo

Today's recruit:

60535254_350.png
Khine

For our phase 2, we rolled 10
Test the newbies.
Elle and Khine both passed so they gained +1 level

3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
[center][b][size=7][font=times new roman][color=maroon]Day 32[/color][/font][/size][/b][/center] [size=1]@LordMaroo[/size] Today we got 2 recruits: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69086221][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/690863/69086221_350.png[/img][/url] Druid [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/66346563][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/663466/66346563_350.png[/img][/url] Meowar For our phase 2, we rolled 5 Crimes Time Heise and Nurax gain +1 level However Nurax rolled a 1 so she gets exalted *** Been gone a few days due to being busy irl with graduation and moving stuff. Lol still a little busy with moving and going through stuff so I likely might miss more days/won't have time to write lore.
Day 32
@LordMaroo

Today we got 2 recruits:

69086221_350.png
Druid

66346563_350.png
Meowar

For our phase 2, we rolled 5
Crimes Time
Heise and Nurax gain +1 level
However Nurax rolled a 1 so she gets exalted

Been gone a few days due to being busy irl with graduation and moving stuff. Lol still a little busy with moving and going through stuff so I likely might miss more days/won't have time to write lore.
3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
[center][b][size=7][font=times new roman][color=maroon]Day 33[/color][/font][/size][/b][/center] [size=1]@LordMaroo[/size] Today's recruit: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/68969108][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/689692/68969108_350.png[/img][/url] Talor For our phase 2, we rolled 11 Major heist! We flipped tails so the following get exalted: Viletalon Morrigan Meowar Everyone else gains +1 level Rabbit got to 13! As I previously mentioned I'd decided to end the challenge once a dragon reached 13 to move onto the sequel challenge. Due to this, I'll probably just sell/exalt most of the remaining dragons (this is a fodderlocke after all lol) but Rabbit gets to survive since he had some lore going on through this, maybe he'll show up in the sequel thread as well. [u]If you'd like to be pinged when I start the TvN challenge then please let me know![/u] *** Rabbit growled and lashed out at the enemy leaping at him. There was a yelp as they fell to the side, though the tundra didn't stick around long enough for them to recover. He ran through the thick trees, brambles catching and tugging his fur while the roots tripped him up. Looking over his shoulder, he saw five others running after him; his recruits were following after him... or at least those who remained. "Why are we retreating?" Druid panted as he quickened his pace to keep up with his commander. Rabbit continued looking ahead. "Tantris gave the signal to leave." He wasn't certain why but if it got him out of fighting then he'd take it. Rabbit felt like this little skirmish had been busy work more than anything anyway. It was a dangerous thing to do without a goal in mind. They'd lost several of their members for nothing if that was the case. Finally, the pines broke away to grassy fields and the tundra slowed his pace. The remaining five followed suit and they continued back to camp while regaining their breath. Rabbit took stock of their situation while they walked, assessing their conditions silently. Tantris was waiting for them when they arrived and with him sat a dragon Rabbit had never seen before, though they carried the familiar cold scent that often clung to Tantris' scales whenever he returned back to camp. The dragon's glowing eyes bore into each of them and her multiple wings shifted as she rose to her feet. Rabbit shivered and eyed them nervously, avoiding staring directly at the strange dragon- a... pearlcatcher he guessed, though she didn't look like a usual one. The dragon just exuded power just standing there; he couldn't imagine what sort of aura they'd have if they actually wanted to harm them. "Our mission here is done." Tantris walked over to them, blocking their view of the stranger. "I've found all the information needed." [i]"He found all of it?"[/i] Rabbit knew he often went seeking the information himself but [i]all of it[/i] was a bit of a stretch. Still, the young dragon kept quiet about that small fact. "There's an enemy in Arcane we must face... Sanctus has graciously agreed to provide dragons to aid in the battle." He nodded politely to the pearlcatcher, though it looked forced, before staring back down at Rabbit. "As my current commander I want you to join me and continue helping with the recruitment process along with working on our strategy." "M-me?" His fur fluffed up a little. It was one thing to occasionally run to Shadow and fight but it was another entirely to be put in charge of a real army and be asked to help strategize. Sanctus seemed to agree, as she continued judging him from where she stood. "He's a commander? He still has hatchling fluff on him." Rabbit felt embarrassment creep through him at the reminder his adult coat still showed no signs of completely getting rid of the hatchling fuzz in some places. He avoided looking at her, opting instead to quietly look at the ground. It was like when he first joined all over again. He'd [i]earned[/i] this spot. Why was he still being treating like some helpless, forgetful hatchling? "He's got more fight to him than his looks give him credit for... For a tundra at least." It was the nicest thing Tantris had said about him. It was also the first time the guardian had stood up for any of them, even if he did still sort of insult his breed. Rabbit glanced up at his leader before quickly shooting Sanctus a glance; she still didn't seem convinced but at least she moved on from the topic. "It's of little importance to me. I'll send the recruits your way and wrap up our little deal. What you do with them- win or lose- is of little consequence to me." Her wings spread and she took off into the air in a flurry of cold air and off-white feathers. Her body gleamed rainbow like colors onto the ground as the light danced off her crystal-like scales when she flew away overhead. Tantris watched her go before huffing and focusing back on those who remained. "Rabbit, I wish to leave soon. Meet me by the beach where you were found and I will join you shortly." "What about the others? Our camp?" "I've take care of all that. This outpost is useful to the Frozen Heavens Kingdom. As I have no need to return, I have given it to them and they'll send dragons here shortly to maintain it." He sent the tundra a look that told him not to ask more questions. Rabbit sent a glance at the others, nodding in farewell before taking off and flying towards the beach. Something told him it was unlikely he'd see the others again. *** Tantris waited until the red fur was out of sight before doing anything. The silence that had stretched between him and the others had made them jumpy already. They'd clearly sensed something bad was going to happen. A growl rumbled deep in his throat as Elle made a sudden dash to get away, the nerves setting off her fight or flight response. The guardian easily swatted her to the ground, pinning her under a paw. She squirmed for a moment before giving up and staring up fearful at him. Tantris ignored her for the time being and addressed all of them. "You each did what you could but... You're wounded, some worse than others, and really... I can't afford to be slowed down by that when I have a fresh group who will be waiting for me to lead them into battle." They were all edging away from him, trying to keep out of his reach. "It's really nothing personal." His tone ended in a snarl filled with malice and he pressed his claws deep into the dragon beneath him; she wouldn't be getting up. After that, he was quick to catch each of them in turn as they tried to flee or hide. There was no one left to tell the story of his plans... no one except his commander but that scared little tundra wasn't going to do anything. Not when he knew the consequences. Tantris cleaned himself off and left the camp. He hadn't lied when he said Sanctus' dragons would claim it for themselves and it would likely stay as it was until then. After all, what sane dragon would want to stay where dragons had clearly died en masse? They should be thanking him for keeping it safe until they moved actual guards here. He was sure those carrion eaters would be for the feast he'd left them. The guardian huffed and took off into the sky. It was time to make that spiral [i]pay[/i] for what she'd stolen from him.
Day 33
@LordMaroo

Today's recruit:

68969108_350.png
Talor

For our phase 2, we rolled 11
Major heist!
We flipped tails so the following get exalted:
Viletalon
Morrigan
Meowar

Everyone else gains +1 level

Rabbit got to 13! As I previously mentioned I'd decided to end the challenge once a dragon reached 13 to move onto the sequel challenge.

Due to this, I'll probably just sell/exalt most of the remaining dragons (this is a fodderlocke after all lol) but Rabbit gets to survive since he had some lore going on through this, maybe he'll show up in the sequel thread as well.

If you'd like to be pinged when I start the TvN challenge then please let me know!

Rabbit growled and lashed out at the enemy leaping at him. There was a yelp as they fell to the side, though the tundra didn't stick around long enough for them to recover. He ran through the thick trees, brambles catching and tugging his fur while the roots tripped him up. Looking over his shoulder, he saw five others running after him; his recruits were following after him... or at least those who remained.

"Why are we retreating?" Druid panted as he quickened his pace to keep up with his commander.

Rabbit continued looking ahead. "Tantris gave the signal to leave."

He wasn't certain why but if it got him out of fighting then he'd take it. Rabbit felt like this little skirmish had been busy work more than anything anyway. It was a dangerous thing to do without a goal in mind. They'd lost several of their members for nothing if that was the case.

Finally, the pines broke away to grassy fields and the tundra slowed his pace. The remaining five followed suit and they continued back to camp while regaining their breath. Rabbit took stock of their situation while they walked, assessing their conditions silently.

Tantris was waiting for them when they arrived and with him sat a dragon Rabbit had never seen before, though they carried the familiar cold scent that often clung to Tantris' scales whenever he returned back to camp. The dragon's glowing eyes bore into each of them and her multiple wings shifted as she rose to her feet. Rabbit shivered and eyed them nervously, avoiding staring directly at the strange dragon- a... pearlcatcher he guessed, though she didn't look like a usual one. The dragon just exuded power just standing there; he couldn't imagine what sort of aura they'd have if they actually wanted to harm them.

"Our mission here is done." Tantris walked over to them, blocking their view of the stranger. "I've found all the information needed."

"He found all of it?" Rabbit knew he often went seeking the information himself but all of it was a bit of a stretch. Still, the young dragon kept quiet about that small fact.

"There's an enemy in Arcane we must face... Sanctus has graciously agreed to provide dragons to aid in the battle." He nodded politely to the pearlcatcher, though it looked forced, before staring back down at Rabbit. "As my current commander I want you to join me and continue helping with the recruitment process along with working on our strategy."

"M-me?" His fur fluffed up a little. It was one thing to occasionally run to Shadow and fight but it was another entirely to be put in charge of a real army and be asked to help strategize.

Sanctus seemed to agree, as she continued judging him from where she stood. "He's a commander? He still has hatchling fluff on him."

Rabbit felt embarrassment creep through him at the reminder his adult coat still showed no signs of completely getting rid of the hatchling fuzz in some places. He avoided looking at her, opting instead to quietly look at the ground. It was like when he first joined all over again. He'd earned this spot. Why was he still being treating like some helpless, forgetful hatchling?

"He's got more fight to him than his looks give him credit for... For a tundra at least."

It was the nicest thing Tantris had said about him. It was also the first time the guardian had stood up for any of them, even if he did still sort of insult his breed. Rabbit glanced up at his leader before quickly shooting Sanctus a glance; she still didn't seem convinced but at least she moved on from the topic.

"It's of little importance to me. I'll send the recruits your way and wrap up our little deal. What you do with them- win or lose- is of little consequence to me." Her wings spread and she took off into the air in a flurry of cold air and off-white feathers. Her body gleamed rainbow like colors onto the ground as the light danced off her crystal-like scales when she flew away overhead.

Tantris watched her go before huffing and focusing back on those who remained. "Rabbit, I wish to leave soon. Meet me by the beach where you were found and I will join you shortly."

"What about the others? Our camp?"

"I've take care of all that. This outpost is useful to the Frozen Heavens Kingdom. As I have no need to return, I have given it to them and they'll send dragons here shortly to maintain it."

He sent the tundra a look that told him not to ask more questions. Rabbit sent a glance at the others, nodding in farewell before taking off and flying towards the beach. Something told him it was unlikely he'd see the others again.

Tantris waited until the red fur was out of sight before doing anything. The silence that had stretched between him and the others had made them jumpy already. They'd clearly sensed something bad was going to happen.

A growl rumbled deep in his throat as Elle made a sudden dash to get away, the nerves setting off her fight or flight response. The guardian easily swatted her to the ground, pinning her under a paw. She squirmed for a moment before giving up and staring up fearful at him.

Tantris ignored her for the time being and addressed all of them. "You each did what you could but... You're wounded, some worse than others, and really... I can't afford to be slowed down by that when I have a fresh group who will be waiting for me to lead them into battle."

They were all edging away from him, trying to keep out of his reach.

"It's really nothing personal." His tone ended in a snarl filled with malice and he pressed his claws deep into the dragon beneath him; she wouldn't be getting up.

After that, he was quick to catch each of them in turn as they tried to flee or hide. There was no one left to tell the story of his plans... no one except his commander but that scared little tundra wasn't going to do anything. Not when he knew the consequences. Tantris cleaned himself off and left the camp. He hadn't lied when he said Sanctus' dragons would claim it for themselves and it would likely stay as it was until then. After all, what sane dragon would want to stay where dragons had clearly died en masse? They should be thanking him for keeping it safe until they moved actual guards here. He was sure those carrion eaters would be for the feast he'd left them.

The guardian huffed and took off into the sky. It was time to make that spiral pay for what she'd stolen from him.
1 2 3 4 5