Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Let's Go to War! (Fodderlocke)
1 2 3 4 5
[center][b][size=7][font=times new roman][color=maroon]Day 11[/color][/font][/size][/b][/center] [size=1]@LordMaroo[/size] Today's recruit: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67663034][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/676631/67663034_350.png[/img][/url] Onyx For our phase 2, we rolled 1 Well those who are rtb are all female so we'll be getting a hatchling. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/68632280][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/686323/68632280_350.png[/img][/url] Rabbit *** The hatchling shivered, his fur drenched by water as he weakly coughed and dragged himself from the waves that had washed him ashore. His bright red coloration and red eyes were out of place on the brightly lit beach. Sand was sticking to his fluffy hatchling coat the more he moved. He didn't get far before curling up and huddling near a tree for some form of comfort. His dark Plague eyes stared out at the water, which now seemed menacing. The gentle lapping of waves seemed more like hungry, blobbed arms reached for him in attempt to drag his small form back under the surface. Another shudder went through him and he put his paws over his eyes, scrunching them tightly shut. The young tundra's family had been on their way back to their home in Fire after he had been born in Plague. He didn't know what the Fire flight was like, though he faintly recalled his father telling him about it. He whimpered. His parents probably thought he was dead. They'd been flying over the Water flight when the unexpected storm hit. The wind had sent him off his father's back- a huge feat given the imperial's size. He have gotten a brief glance of his parents trying to grab him before he'd hit the dark water. It was probably a miracle he'd survived... Not that he knew what to do now. He had no idea where home was let alone where he was now. To make matters worse, he was already starting to forget the details of his parent faces. They were red like him but what color were their eyes? What markings did they have? Did he look like a mirror image of his mother? Or did he look like a mix between them? Tears welled up in his eyes and he sobbed, paws still covering his face as he laid there, allowing the sunlight to dry his fur. He didn't even hear the dragon approach, the sand muffling the sound of their light footsteps. It wasn't until they were standing over him that he looked up, his eyes widening in alarm as he saw the red mirror looking down at him. For a brief moment he wondered if he'd washed back up in Plague, given her red eyes, but this place didn't look like Plague and it certainly didn't smell like it. "Where did you come from?" The mirror spoke, her tone soft but still holding a certain blunt undertone. "I... I got lost." "Lost?" She glanced around before looking back down at him, her head tilted. "You're pretty far from home." "There was a storm..." He hunched down further in the sand. "What's your name, pup?" He wasn't sure why she called him a pup but didn't think much on it. "I...I don't know..." He heard her mutter something about tundras under her breath before she addressed him. "I think Rabbit fits you. You're huddled here like one." Even he knew that she was basically insulting him. Still, at least he had a name now- as weird as it was. Teeth sank into his scruff and he squirmed for a moment as he realized she was carrying him. Where to, he couldn't say. But the ride jostled him around, especially once she began running. He felt like a piece of prey rather than a hatchling being carried. He was dizzy and his scruff was sore by the time the mirror dropped him in the middle of what seemed to be a camp. Several dragons paused their work to stare at them and soon enough a small crowd had surrounded the two. "Valmur, what's this?" It took Rabbit a moment to realize the dragon who'd spoken up wasn't another hatchling, as the veilspun was a little smaller than he was. "This is Rabbit. I found him at the beach." "But why did you bring him here?" "He was lost." She stared back at her commander. "Would you rather I left him there to die?" The veilspun's wings buzzed slightly as they twitched. "Of course not. I just don't want some clan attacking us because you stole their hatchling." "Well I don't think we'll have to worry about that." "We'll just have to worry about what Tantris thinks of this." Another dragon further back spoke up, sending half amused, half worried, murmurs through the group. He wasn't sure what to make of his current predicament but he [i]really[/i] hoped he hadn't gotten himself into more trouble.
Day 11
@LordMaroo

Today's recruit:

67663034_350.png
Onyx

For our phase 2, we rolled 1
Well those who are rtb are all female so we'll be getting a hatchling.

68632280_350.png
Rabbit

The hatchling shivered, his fur drenched by water as he weakly coughed and dragged himself from the waves that had washed him ashore. His bright red coloration and red eyes were out of place on the brightly lit beach. Sand was sticking to his fluffy hatchling coat the more he moved. He didn't get far before curling up and huddling near a tree for some form of comfort.

His dark Plague eyes stared out at the water, which now seemed menacing. The gentle lapping of waves seemed more like hungry, blobbed arms reached for him in attempt to drag his small form back under the surface. Another shudder went through him and he put his paws over his eyes, scrunching them tightly shut.

The young tundra's family had been on their way back to their home in Fire after he had been born in Plague. He didn't know what the Fire flight was like, though he faintly recalled his father telling him about it. He whimpered. His parents probably thought he was dead. They'd been flying over the Water flight when the unexpected storm hit. The wind had sent him off his father's back- a huge feat given the imperial's size. He have gotten a brief glance of his parents trying to grab him before he'd hit the dark water.

It was probably a miracle he'd survived... Not that he knew what to do now. He had no idea where home was let alone where he was now. To make matters worse, he was already starting to forget the details of his parent faces. They were red like him but what color were their eyes? What markings did they have? Did he look like a mirror image of his mother? Or did he look like a mix between them?

Tears welled up in his eyes and he sobbed, paws still covering his face as he laid there, allowing the sunlight to dry his fur.

He didn't even hear the dragon approach, the sand muffling the sound of their light footsteps. It wasn't until they were standing over him that he looked up, his eyes widening in alarm as he saw the red mirror looking down at him. For a brief moment he wondered if he'd washed back up in Plague, given her red eyes, but this place didn't look like Plague and it certainly didn't smell like it.

"Where did you come from?" The mirror spoke, her tone soft but still holding a certain blunt undertone.

"I... I got lost."

"Lost?" She glanced around before looking back down at him, her head tilted. "You're pretty far from home."

"There was a storm..." He hunched down further in the sand.

"What's your name, pup?"

He wasn't sure why she called him a pup but didn't think much on it. "I...I don't know..."

He heard her mutter something about tundras under her breath before she addressed him. "I think Rabbit fits you. You're huddled here like one."

Even he knew that she was basically insulting him. Still, at least he had a name now- as weird as it was. Teeth sank into his scruff and he squirmed for a moment as he realized she was carrying him. Where to, he couldn't say. But the ride jostled him around, especially once she began running. He felt like a piece of prey rather than a hatchling being carried.

He was dizzy and his scruff was sore by the time the mirror dropped him in the middle of what seemed to be a camp. Several dragons paused their work to stare at them and soon enough a small crowd had surrounded the two.

"Valmur, what's this?" It took Rabbit a moment to realize the dragon who'd spoken up wasn't another hatchling, as the veilspun was a little smaller than he was.

"This is Rabbit. I found him at the beach."

"But why did you bring him here?"

"He was lost." She stared back at her commander. "Would you rather I left him there to die?"

The veilspun's wings buzzed slightly as they twitched. "Of course not. I just don't want some clan attacking us because you stole their hatchling."

"Well I don't think we'll have to worry about that."

"We'll just have to worry about what Tantris thinks of this." Another dragon further back spoke up, sending half amused, half worried, murmurs through the group.

He wasn't sure what to make of his current predicament but he really hoped he hadn't gotten himself into more trouble.
3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
[center][b][size=7][font=times new roman][color=maroon]Day 12[/color][/font][/size][/b][/center] [size=1]@LordMaroo[/size] Today's recruit: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/68598505][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/685986/68598505_350.png[/img][/url] Vulcan For our phase 2, we rolled 11 Major heist!!!! Well, went for the safer option again as still got tails so lets see how this goes. (Also Rabbit will not participate as he is still a hatchlings and can't gain lvls yet) We lost: Axies (can't exalt yet as she's on a nest) Olympe (welp, I had plans for some drama between him and Pry as they'd had a nest prior to me getting them but looks like he's dead) Thayn Tropi Vulcan (rip, we never knew you) Everyone else gains +1 level *** The sounds of the skirmish faded around Natsuo as he watched Axies fall, his heart seeming to falter for a moment. He'd been ordered to lead their group to the Veiled Sanctuary again, most meant to distract the dragons in the sub-clan while he, Axies, and Thayn went snooping for more information. Tantris seemed to be confident in their abilities and numbers even if their enemy was better trained. Admittedly, the veilspun had felt rather arrogant after his former success as well. But now... with Axies down... he wondered if the success really meant anything. There wasn't time to mourn, as the guard was quickly approaching. Natsuo regretfully left Axies' body behind and flew off as fast as he could, using his small size to escape through a small breach in the wall of the ruins. [i]"I can't die... Not now... My eggs need me. This group needs me."[/i] He didn't look back until he found a safe place to hide and think for the moment. Thayn never reappeared, likely caught and killed by the guard. Looking below in the camp itself, he noticed several other members of the group had fallen. Natsuo couldn't lose everyone like that skydancer, Deim. They'd gotten enough information and caused enough damage to their supplies and camp. It was time to go. "Retreat!" He called out, using his Plague magic to give the signal as well given most likely hadn't heard him over the fighting. Immediately, his troops broke away, running off into the pines. Natsuo followed swiftly after them, sending one last look over his shoulder. He never should've let Axies come. She'd insisted that she had to, that they'd be even more successful if they worked together like last time. His mate would've hated him for forcing her to stay with the nest... but now, Natsuo would've preferred her hating him instead of watching her die and leaving her behind. Silent tears fell from his eyes as he flew home.
Day 12
@LordMaroo

Today's recruit:

68598505_350.png
Vulcan

For our phase 2, we rolled 11
Major heist!!!!
Well, went for the safer option again as still got tails so lets see how this goes.
(Also Rabbit will not participate as he is still a hatchlings and can't gain lvls yet)

We lost:
Axies (can't exalt yet as she's on a nest)
Olympe (welp, I had plans for some drama between him and Pry as they'd had a nest prior to me getting them but looks like he's dead)
Thayn
Tropi
Vulcan (rip, we never knew you)

Everyone else gains +1 level

The sounds of the skirmish faded around Natsuo as he watched Axies fall, his heart seeming to falter for a moment. He'd been ordered to lead their group to the Veiled Sanctuary again, most meant to distract the dragons in the sub-clan while he, Axies, and Thayn went snooping for more information. Tantris seemed to be confident in their abilities and numbers even if their enemy was better trained. Admittedly, the veilspun had felt rather arrogant after his former success as well.

But now... with Axies down... he wondered if the success really meant anything. There wasn't time to mourn, as the guard was quickly approaching. Natsuo regretfully left Axies' body behind and flew off as fast as he could, using his small size to escape through a small breach in the wall of the ruins. "I can't die... Not now... My eggs need me. This group needs me."

He didn't look back until he found a safe place to hide and think for the moment. Thayn never reappeared, likely caught and killed by the guard. Looking below in the camp itself, he noticed several other members of the group had fallen. Natsuo couldn't lose everyone like that skydancer, Deim. They'd gotten enough information and caused enough damage to their supplies and camp. It was time to go.

"Retreat!" He called out, using his Plague magic to give the signal as well given most likely hadn't heard him over the fighting.

Immediately, his troops broke away, running off into the pines. Natsuo followed swiftly after them, sending one last look over his shoulder.

He never should've let Axies come. She'd insisted that she had to, that they'd be even more successful if they worked together like last time. His mate would've hated him for forcing her to stay with the nest... but now, Natsuo would've preferred her hating him instead of watching her die and leaving her behind. Silent tears fell from his eyes as he flew home.
3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
Rabbit is so cute! I am rooting to see them as the new leader.
Rabbit is so cute! I am rooting to see them as the new leader.
4xn43c.png
[center][b][size=7][font=times new roman][color=maroon]Day 13[/color][/font][/size][/b][/center] [size=1]@LordMaroo[/size] Today's recruit: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/68617251][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/686173/68617251_350.png[/img][/url] Fajin For our phase 2, we rolled 9 Backstabbing! Onyx was the random dragon chosen so she must be exalted! *** The imperial couldn't handle what was happening in this camp. She hadn't been around long but between the emperor that could find them if it decided to come this direction and the loss of so many dragons the day before... She just had to run. Waking up early, Onxy took off flying anywhere away from Light and Shadow to leave the whole mess behind her. The injuries she'd sustained from battle were minor but those on her wings hindered her flight, slowing her as she gained altitude and caught the air currents. A shudder went through her as she glanced behind her. It was far off in the distance, but she could still make out the horrendous trail of upturned earth that scarred the plains. Somewhere down there amongst the newly formed mounds was the emperor. For all she knew, one of them [i]was[/i] the beast resting from days of destruction. She faced forward again, beating her starry wings powerfully in attempt to get away faster. No way was she going to stay in the same region as that thing. Little did she know a more immediate threat was following her. *** Tantris stayed back, using the clouds to keep himself hidden from the imperial's sight should she look over her shoulder or change direction. He'd seen her sneaking out- hard to miss an imperial leaving camp- and followed after her. He didn't mind dragons leaving to stretch their legs or eat, but Onyx had left acting suspicious and by now it was clear she was fleeing. As soon as she was over deep water he sped up, getting above her as he prepared to send the deserter into the water below. Taking down an imperial wasn't an easy task, but he knew this would work. Sending and enfeeblement spell down at her produced near instant results. The imperial faltered mid-air, her wings drooping and sending her into a half controlled dive that soon became an all out fall. He watched as she went into the water, the waves splashing up from the impact before settling back down. Tantris flew lower, circling the area for a while as he waited to see if she would resurface. Satisfied, he circled one last time before heading back to camp. No one would ask where he'd been or why Onyx was missing. Dragons in his camp knew better than to do that. Landing, he looked around to see his recruits were starting their daily activities at Natsuo's instructions. The guardian sent the veilspun a nod of approval. Even after losing his mate and being the lone parent of his nest, the small dragon was making sure to put his duties first. He turned before pausing mid-step as he saw the tundra hatchling Valmur had brought back staring up at him. His lips curled back; Tantris wasn't the biggest fan of hatchlings despite having had plenty of his own in the past- not that he stuck around to raise them. The hatchling's ears folded back, picking up on Tantris' annoyance, though his hair still held a strange curiosity. He huffed and stepped over the tundra, not bothering to ask what the hatchling wanted. He'd pay the fluff ball more attention once there was a reason to. "Where's Onyx?" Tantris froze as the nervous voice spoke up. A growl rose in his throat, though he forced it down swiftly to avoid causing a scene. He turned to face the tundra, vaguely remembering the hatchling spending most of his time with the imperial- reminded him of his real parents or something like that. "She went home." "Home? This is home." Hurt and fear appeared in the hatchlings dark red eyes. He forced himself not to roll his eyes and snap at the huddled lump of fur. Tantris lowered his head to stare at Rabbit eye to eye. "You ever hear of an emperor, kid? Monstrous beasts made up of dead imps... One's roaming this flight and imperials can get a little antsy about that so she went back to her home in Ice." It seemed to convince the hatchling, though the mention of a monster seemed to make the fear he felt worsen judging by the expression on his face. However, Tantris didn't really want to continue this conversation and spoke again before the hatchling could ask anything else. "Why don't you go watch Natsuo? You'll be training soon, it's best you pay attention to what you'll need to do around here." "Deities know you tundras can't remember much." He muttered, noticing an expression of hurt and frustration cross the hatchlings face before the fur-ball ran off to follow the 'suggestion'.
Day 13
@LordMaroo

Today's recruit:

68617251_350.png
Fajin

For our phase 2, we rolled 9
Backstabbing!
Onyx was the random dragon chosen so she must be exalted!

The imperial couldn't handle what was happening in this camp. She hadn't been around long but between the emperor that could find them if it decided to come this direction and the loss of so many dragons the day before... She just had to run.

Waking up early, Onxy took off flying anywhere away from Light and Shadow to leave the whole mess behind her. The injuries she'd sustained from battle were minor but those on her wings hindered her flight, slowing her as she gained altitude and caught the air currents. A shudder went through her as she glanced behind her. It was far off in the distance, but she could still make out the horrendous trail of upturned earth that scarred the plains. Somewhere down there amongst the newly formed mounds was the emperor. For all she knew, one of them was the beast resting from days of destruction.

She faced forward again, beating her starry wings powerfully in attempt to get away faster. No way was she going to stay in the same region as that thing. Little did she know a more immediate threat was following her.

Tantris stayed back, using the clouds to keep himself hidden from the imperial's sight should she look over her shoulder or change direction. He'd seen her sneaking out- hard to miss an imperial leaving camp- and followed after her. He didn't mind dragons leaving to stretch their legs or eat, but Onyx had left acting suspicious and by now it was clear she was fleeing.

As soon as she was over deep water he sped up, getting above her as he prepared to send the deserter into the water below. Taking down an imperial wasn't an easy task, but he knew this would work. Sending and enfeeblement spell down at her produced near instant results. The imperial faltered mid-air, her wings drooping and sending her into a half controlled dive that soon became an all out fall.

He watched as she went into the water, the waves splashing up from the impact before settling back down. Tantris flew lower, circling the area for a while as he waited to see if she would resurface. Satisfied, he circled one last time before heading back to camp. No one would ask where he'd been or why Onyx was missing. Dragons in his camp knew better than to do that.

Landing, he looked around to see his recruits were starting their daily activities at Natsuo's instructions. The guardian sent the veilspun a nod of approval. Even after losing his mate and being the lone parent of his nest, the small dragon was making sure to put his duties first. He turned before pausing mid-step as he saw the tundra hatchling Valmur had brought back staring up at him. His lips curled back; Tantris wasn't the biggest fan of hatchlings despite having had plenty of his own in the past- not that he stuck around to raise them.

The hatchling's ears folded back, picking up on Tantris' annoyance, though his hair still held a strange curiosity. He huffed and stepped over the tundra, not bothering to ask what the hatchling wanted. He'd pay the fluff ball more attention once there was a reason to.

"Where's Onyx?" Tantris froze as the nervous voice spoke up.

A growl rose in his throat, though he forced it down swiftly to avoid causing a scene. He turned to face the tundra, vaguely remembering the hatchling spending most of his time with the imperial- reminded him of his real parents or something like that. "She went home."

"Home? This is home." Hurt and fear appeared in the hatchlings dark red eyes.

He forced himself not to roll his eyes and snap at the huddled lump of fur. Tantris lowered his head to stare at Rabbit eye to eye. "You ever hear of an emperor, kid? Monstrous beasts made up of dead imps... One's roaming this flight and imperials can get a little antsy about that so she went back to her home in Ice."

It seemed to convince the hatchling, though the mention of a monster seemed to make the fear he felt worsen judging by the expression on his face. However, Tantris didn't really want to continue this conversation and spoke again before the hatchling could ask anything else. "Why don't you go watch Natsuo? You'll be training soon, it's best you pay attention to what you'll need to do around here."

"Deities know you tundras can't remember much." He muttered, noticing an expression of hurt and frustration cross the hatchlings face before the fur-ball ran off to follow the 'suggestion'.
[center][b][size=7][font=times new roman][color=maroon]Day 14[/color][/font][/size][/b][/center] [size=1]@LordMaroo[/size] Today we managed to get 2 recruits: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/56166925][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/561670/56166925_350.png[/img][/url] Ajora [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67336696][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/673367/67336696_350.png[/img][/url] Onasi For our phase 2, we rolled 4 Freeloader Well doesn't rng just want me to hoard fodder today lol Here's our freeloader: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/66964870][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/669649/66964870_350.png[/img][/url] Comet *** Rabbit puffed out his chest proudly as he finally managed to pull off the move Valmur had been trying to teach him all afternoon. In all honesty, the mirror thought he looked rather ridiculous, though she held her tongue. His hatchling coat was still mostly intact, which made the young dragon look like a downy ball of fur more than anything else. Snorting, Valmur lunged forward and swiped his paws out from beneath him. "Don't lose focus!" She hissed, returning to her former position before waiting impatiently for him to stand back up. "Just because you managed to properly do one move doesn't mean you're ready for a fight... Now, do it again." "But I got it right!" He shook himself and stared back at her. "One time. I'll be impressed if you can [i]keep[/i] doing it right." The younger dragon grumbled, sending a glance at the other dragons in the training area. They were all older than he was and had already managed to work on several different attacks. He was old enough to train now, so why couldn't he train with them? Why was he stuck with Valmur alone while Natsuo got everyone else? It really wasn't fair. His distraction once again landed him on the ground. The air was knocked out of him as he landed and Rabbit grunted as he rolled back to his feet, any fur that hadn't been ruffled or displaced certainly was by this point. "I wasn't ready..." "You should always be ready. We're training to fight, not stand around watching grass grow!" Irritation sparked through him. All this mirror had even done was push him around and make fun of him. Rabbit bared his canines and snarled. He hated how weak she made him feel. The satisfied smile she returned him only fueled his frustrations. Rabbit charged her, which wasn't the best idea given she was still much larger and stronger than he was. For the millionth time that day he ended up being swatted down, coughing and sneezing as he stirred up dirt and grass seeds. "Focus." Valmur berated. He gave one final sneeze before sitting up and glaring at her. "Can't we take a break?" "Get the move right again and I'll consider it." "Why? [i]They[/i] haven't even done any training since they got here." He pointed out another tundra who'd joined them earlier today. Currently, she was simply sitting in the shade of a pine and watching everything. Valmur's eyes narrowed and she stalked over, passing by Rabbit without comment. She'd noticed the newcomer but she hadn't thought much of it. Now however, she was rather certain this dragon wasn't even with the potential recruits, nor the ones who got to join. Was Natsuo and Tantris aware of this freeloader? She doubted it. The veilspun was stretching himself thin between constantly caring for his two eggs alone and keeping up with his duties while Tantris had once again left to deities knew where. "Take a break." She didn't really care what Rabbit did at this point. At least he was learning [i]something[/i] useful for them- and admittedly she was going quite hard on him for his first training lesson. "I'll talk to Natsuo about this."
Day 14
@LordMaroo

Today we managed to get 2 recruits:

56166925_350.png
Ajora

67336696_350.png
Onasi

For our phase 2, we rolled 4
Freeloader
Well doesn't rng just want me to hoard fodder today lol

Here's our freeloader:
66964870_350.png
Comet

Rabbit puffed out his chest proudly as he finally managed to pull off the move Valmur had been trying to teach him all afternoon. In all honesty, the mirror thought he looked rather ridiculous, though she held her tongue. His hatchling coat was still mostly intact, which made the young dragon look like a downy ball of fur more than anything else. Snorting, Valmur lunged forward and swiped his paws out from beneath him.

"Don't lose focus!" She hissed, returning to her former position before waiting impatiently for him to stand back up. "Just because you managed to properly do one move doesn't mean you're ready for a fight... Now, do it again."

"But I got it right!" He shook himself and stared back at her.

"One time. I'll be impressed if you can keep doing it right."

The younger dragon grumbled, sending a glance at the other dragons in the training area. They were all older than he was and had already managed to work on several different attacks. He was old enough to train now, so why couldn't he train with them? Why was he stuck with Valmur alone while Natsuo got everyone else? It really wasn't fair.

His distraction once again landed him on the ground. The air was knocked out of him as he landed and Rabbit grunted as he rolled back to his feet, any fur that hadn't been ruffled or displaced certainly was by this point. "I wasn't ready..."

"You should always be ready. We're training to fight, not stand around watching grass grow!"

Irritation sparked through him. All this mirror had even done was push him around and make fun of him. Rabbit bared his canines and snarled. He hated how weak she made him feel. The satisfied smile she returned him only fueled his frustrations. Rabbit charged her, which wasn't the best idea given she was still much larger and stronger than he was. For the millionth time that day he ended up being swatted down, coughing and sneezing as he stirred up dirt and grass seeds.

"Focus." Valmur berated.

He gave one final sneeze before sitting up and glaring at her. "Can't we take a break?"

"Get the move right again and I'll consider it."

"Why? They haven't even done any training since they got here." He pointed out another tundra who'd joined them earlier today. Currently, she was simply sitting in the shade of a pine and watching everything.

Valmur's eyes narrowed and she stalked over, passing by Rabbit without comment. She'd noticed the newcomer but she hadn't thought much of it. Now however, she was rather certain this dragon wasn't even with the potential recruits, nor the ones who got to join. Was Natsuo and Tantris aware of this freeloader? She doubted it. The veilspun was stretching himself thin between constantly caring for his two eggs alone and keeping up with his duties while Tantris had once again left to deities knew where.

"Take a break." She didn't really care what Rabbit did at this point. At least he was learning something useful for them- and admittedly she was going quite hard on him for his first training lesson. "I'll talk to Natsuo about this."
[center][b][size=7][font=times new roman][color=maroon]Day 15[/color][/font][/size][/b][/center] [size=1]@LordMaroo[/size] Today's recruit: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/68654907][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/686550/68654907_350.png[/img][/url] Madrid For our phase 2, we rolled 11 Major heist (wow, we've gotten a lot of these) For once we flipped heads so rather than exalt, those who didn't make the cut just don't gain a level (which doesn't matter much because everyone except Comet- the freeloader continues to freeload- and Madrid) Oh, and Natsuo's nest has hatched: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/68789173][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/687892/68789173_350.png[/img][/url] Merciless [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/68789174][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/687892/68789174_350.png[/img][/url] Vendicci *** "Another attack on them so soon?" Natsuo tilted his head, staring up at Tantris as he tried to understand what the guardian was thinking. "Yes. Before they can bring in reinforcements for the camp." He glowered down at his commander, quite aware of his two newly hatched hatchlings in the den nearby. "That won't be a problem... will it?" The veilspun shook his head quickly as he saw Tantris' pink eyes narrow. "No. Not at all! I'll get everyone prepared now." "Good." The guardian nodded and spread his wings. "I'll go ahead and dispatch any messengers. Don't take long." The gust of wind as the larger dragon took off nearly sent Natsuo tumbling backwards. He walked back into the den, looking down at his son and daughter as they slept in the nest. Taking them was much too dangerous but he wasn't sure he wanted to leave them behind all alone either. He backed out and flew over to the center of the camp to call a meeting. Once everyone was gathered and listening, he began. "We'll be attacking the Veiled Sanctuary again today and gathering more information on them. However, I need two dragons to stay behind and watch over the camp while we're away." "I will!" Comet immediately spoke up, which didn't really surprise Natsuo; he was well aware the tundra didn't like to do any actual work around camp. "Madrid, you'll join her." Natsuo volunteered their newest recruit before anyone else could speak up. At least the imperial might [i]actually[/i] defend the camp if something happened. He addressed the rest of them again. "Everyone else, follow me." *** Rabbit's eyes widened. This was going to be his first real fight. Could he actually do it? He didn't have much training compared to the others. The tundra fluffed up his fur. Of course he could. He [i]had[/i] to. If he didn't then he'd be that weak, scared hatchling found washed up on the shore. Sure, it hadn't been that long ago, but he was tired of being seen as a weak because he looked soft. Still, even as he followed the others, he couldn't help the nerves causing his fur to stand on end and his legs to tremble. He'd never hurt another dragon- well training got pretty rough but that wasn't actually fighting to cause damage, let alone kill. Could he do that if it came down to it? Red scales caught his attention as Valmur slowed down to match his pace. Immediately, Rabbit tensed up and waited for some mocking remark. Surprisingly, the mirror genuinely seemed to be encouraging him. "You'll be fine. Just don't get separated and stay focused on what's happening around you... Do whatever it takes to win, got it?" "Why are you helping me?" He gave her a suspicious look, wondering if she thought he'd get himself killed. "Helping you? I just don't want my time spent training your sorry tail to go to waste." She snorted, though the mirror was sincere about wanting to make sure he didn't die. As tough as she was on him, she also saw him like a little brother- which was actually [i]why[/i] she never went easy on him. If there came a time she couldn't protect him then he needed to be able to survive on his own. The tundra lowered his head and looked forward again, picking up his pace. "Jee thanks." *** Comet let out a breath of relief as soon as the others were gone. She almost thought she'd be forced to join them. Thankfully, now she could sit back and relax again. The tundra turned to look at her companion. "So, what do you wanna do?" Madrid looked down at her. "We're supposed to guard the camp." "Well, yeah. We're [i]supposed to[/i] do that. But they'll be gone for a while. We could find some shade to take a nap in, or get some snacks... Maybe play a game or something?" "How about we guard the camp and keep a lookout for threats?" The imperial settled down, not really wanting to bother with this tundra's nonsense. "How about I stay out here and do that, and [i]you[/i] go keep tabs on those two hatchlings?" "You're really not very fun." She mumbled and went to check on the hatchlings. The two were [i]tiny[/i]! Comet stared at them for a moment before carefully picking them up to put on her back, safely tucked between her wings so they wouldn't jostle around and fall off. For a moment, the siblings stirred and squirmed as they were moved, but her warm fur quickly lulled the hatchlings back to sleep. Smiling and feeling rather smart for thinking of this idea, Comet trotted back over to Madrid and laid down next to him. He sent her a side glance filled with annoyance, though she ignored it. "So, what do you think of that emperor?" Madrid's eye twitched and he shifted uncomfortably at the mention of that creature. "I'd rather not think about it, let alone talk about that thing." "You know, I came here because it hasn't come this way yet. I bet we're well protected here too." "Yeah... we probably are." He gave a long sigh. "So why'd you decide to come here?" This time Madrid didn't answer. Comet continued pestering him however and the imperial gave a growl of irritation. "Not everything in my life is your business. I came here because I wanted to, okay? I wanted to get away from home and do something important." He glared down at her. "It's a much better reason than you have for being here. I haven't been here for a whole day and even I can tell you're basically just wasting space." That [i]finally[/i] shut her up. The two fell into silence, Comet eventually standing and going back to the den to lie down and keep the hatchling company.
Day 15
@LordMaroo

Today's recruit:

68654907_350.png
Madrid

For our phase 2, we rolled 11
Major heist (wow, we've gotten a lot of these)
For once we flipped heads so rather than exalt, those who didn't make the cut just don't gain a level (which doesn't matter much because everyone except Comet- the freeloader continues to freeload- and Madrid)

Oh, and Natsuo's nest has hatched:
68789173_350.png
Merciless
68789174_350.png
Vendicci

"Another attack on them so soon?" Natsuo tilted his head, staring up at Tantris as he tried to understand what the guardian was thinking.

"Yes. Before they can bring in reinforcements for the camp." He glowered down at his commander, quite aware of his two newly hatched hatchlings in the den nearby. "That won't be a problem... will it?"

The veilspun shook his head quickly as he saw Tantris' pink eyes narrow. "No. Not at all! I'll get everyone prepared now."

"Good." The guardian nodded and spread his wings. "I'll go ahead and dispatch any messengers. Don't take long."

The gust of wind as the larger dragon took off nearly sent Natsuo tumbling backwards. He walked back into the den, looking down at his son and daughter as they slept in the nest. Taking them was much too dangerous but he wasn't sure he wanted to leave them behind all alone either. He backed out and flew over to the center of the camp to call a meeting.

Once everyone was gathered and listening, he began. "We'll be attacking the Veiled Sanctuary again today and gathering more information on them. However, I need two dragons to stay behind and watch over the camp while we're away."

"I will!" Comet immediately spoke up, which didn't really surprise Natsuo; he was well aware the tundra didn't like to do any actual work around camp.

"Madrid, you'll join her." Natsuo volunteered their newest recruit before anyone else could speak up. At least the imperial might actually defend the camp if something happened. He addressed the rest of them again. "Everyone else, follow me."

Rabbit's eyes widened. This was going to be his first real fight. Could he actually do it? He didn't have much training compared to the others. The tundra fluffed up his fur. Of course he could. He had to. If he didn't then he'd be that weak, scared hatchling found washed up on the shore.

Sure, it hadn't been that long ago, but he was tired of being seen as a weak because he looked soft. Still, even as he followed the others, he couldn't help the nerves causing his fur to stand on end and his legs to tremble. He'd never hurt another dragon- well training got pretty rough but that wasn't actually fighting to cause damage, let alone kill. Could he do that if it came down to it?

Red scales caught his attention as Valmur slowed down to match his pace. Immediately, Rabbit tensed up and waited for some mocking remark. Surprisingly, the mirror genuinely seemed to be encouraging him. "You'll be fine. Just don't get separated and stay focused on what's happening around you... Do whatever it takes to win, got it?"

"Why are you helping me?" He gave her a suspicious look, wondering if she thought he'd get himself killed.

"Helping you? I just don't want my time spent training your sorry tail to go to waste." She snorted, though the mirror was sincere about wanting to make sure he didn't die. As tough as she was on him, she also saw him like a little brother- which was actually why she never went easy on him. If there came a time she couldn't protect him then he needed to be able to survive on his own.

The tundra lowered his head and looked forward again, picking up his pace. "Jee thanks."

Comet let out a breath of relief as soon as the others were gone. She almost thought she'd be forced to join them. Thankfully, now she could sit back and relax again. The tundra turned to look at her companion. "So, what do you wanna do?"

Madrid looked down at her. "We're supposed to guard the camp."

"Well, yeah. We're supposed to do that. But they'll be gone for a while. We could find some shade to take a nap in, or get some snacks... Maybe play a game or something?"

"How about we guard the camp and keep a lookout for threats?" The imperial settled down, not really wanting to bother with this tundra's nonsense. "How about I stay out here and do that, and you go keep tabs on those two hatchlings?"

"You're really not very fun." She mumbled and went to check on the hatchlings. The two were tiny! Comet stared at them for a moment before carefully picking them up to put on her back, safely tucked between her wings so they wouldn't jostle around and fall off.

For a moment, the siblings stirred and squirmed as they were moved, but her warm fur quickly lulled the hatchlings back to sleep. Smiling and feeling rather smart for thinking of this idea, Comet trotted back over to Madrid and laid down next to him. He sent her a side glance filled with annoyance, though she ignored it.

"So, what do you think of that emperor?"

Madrid's eye twitched and he shifted uncomfortably at the mention of that creature. "I'd rather not think about it, let alone talk about that thing."

"You know, I came here because it hasn't come this way yet. I bet we're well protected here too."

"Yeah... we probably are." He gave a long sigh.

"So why'd you decide to come here?"

This time Madrid didn't answer. Comet continued pestering him however and the imperial gave a growl of irritation. "Not everything in my life is your business. I came here because I wanted to, okay? I wanted to get away from home and do something important."

He glared down at her. "It's a much better reason than you have for being here. I haven't been here for a whole day and even I can tell you're basically just wasting space."

That finally shut her up. The two fell into silence, Comet eventually standing and going back to the den to lie down and keep the hatchling company.
[center][b][size=7][font=times new roman][color=maroon]Day 16[/color][/font][/size][/b][/center] [size=1]@LordMaroo[/size] Today's recruit (took me literally almost 5 hrs to get): [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/68668766][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/686688/68668766_350.png[/img][/url] Vyen For our phase 2, we rolled 5 Crime time Slacking Wings and Comet gained +1 lvl (ooh, Natsuo, watch out. Slack's coming for your title) *** No short story today, sorry. Nothing major really happened with the rolls so there isn't important stuff plot wise going on and like I said, this took a good chunk of my day just to roll a 6 to even get to phase 2/today's recruit and I have some other things I want to get done.
Day 16
@LordMaroo

Today's recruit (took me literally almost 5 hrs to get):

68668766_350.png
Vyen

For our phase 2, we rolled 5
Crime time
Slacking Wings and Comet gained +1 lvl
(ooh, Natsuo, watch out. Slack's coming for your title)

No short story today, sorry. Nothing major really happened with the rolls so there isn't important stuff plot wise going on and like I said, this took a good chunk of my day just to roll a 6 to even get to phase 2/today's recruit and I have some other things I want to get done.
[center][b][size=7][font=times new roman][color=maroon]Day 17[/color][/font][/size][/b][/center] [size=1]@LordMaroo[/size] Today's recruit: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/68623579][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/686236/68623579_350.png[/img][/url] Limper For our phase 2, we rolled 1 Another nest. Well, we didn't have many choices and between Comet and Valmur, I felt Comet was better lore-wise for the female. The only rtb male was Ajora so him it was. They had 3 eggs and 98% of the hatchling previews were ugly so this'll be interesting to see when it hatches. *** Comet smiled and curled her tail further around the eggs, being careful that she didn't crush them. The tundra had quite enjoyed watching over the two veilspun hatchlings and had decided soon after that she wanted her own hatchlings. Finding a dragon to sire them however, wasn't easy. Most of the dragons in the camp tended to avoid her or kept themselves busy- mostly running around training all the time, which she didn't really get. But she'd managed to convince Ajora to eventually, though he'd made it clear he wasn't going to help raise them. It was perfectly fine with her. Comet honestly hoped tending a nest would help get her out of training for just a little longer. She'd participated in part of yesterday's training and that alone wore her out. No, fighting and hunting wasn't really her thing. But watching over and tending to hatchlings and eggs? She could get behind that. As long as it seemed like she was contributing it seemed these dragons were content to let her stay rather than drive her out. Not like that was anything new to her. Comet was used to hopping from clan to clan. However, with an emperor on the loose finding a clan willing to take her in- at least within this area of the Light flight- wasn't easy. "You three are so precious." She nuzzled each egg in turn and tucked her wing over them, further surrounding them with her fur to keep them warm enough.
Day 17
@LordMaroo

Today's recruit:

68623579_350.png
Limper

For our phase 2, we rolled 1
Another nest. Well, we didn't have many choices and between Comet and Valmur, I felt Comet was better lore-wise for the female. The only rtb male was Ajora so him it was. They had 3 eggs and 98% of the hatchling previews were ugly so this'll be interesting to see when it hatches.

Comet smiled and curled her tail further around the eggs, being careful that she didn't crush them. The tundra had quite enjoyed watching over the two veilspun hatchlings and had decided soon after that she wanted her own hatchlings.

Finding a dragon to sire them however, wasn't easy. Most of the dragons in the camp tended to avoid her or kept themselves busy- mostly running around training all the time, which she didn't really get. But she'd managed to convince Ajora to eventually, though he'd made it clear he wasn't going to help raise them. It was perfectly fine with her. Comet honestly hoped tending a nest would help get her out of training for just a little longer. She'd participated in part of yesterday's training and that alone wore her out.

No, fighting and hunting wasn't really her thing. But watching over and tending to hatchlings and eggs? She could get behind that. As long as it seemed like she was contributing it seemed these dragons were content to let her stay rather than drive her out. Not like that was anything new to her. Comet was used to hopping from clan to clan. However, with an emperor on the loose finding a clan willing to take her in- at least within this area of the Light flight- wasn't easy.

"You three are so precious." She nuzzled each egg in turn and tucked her wing over them, further surrounding them with her fur to keep them warm enough.
[center][b][size=7][font=times new roman][color=maroon]Day 18[/color][/font][/size][/b][/center] [size=1]@LordMaroo[/size] Today's recruit: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/68668735][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/686688/68668735_350.png[/img][/url] Truart For our phase 2, we rolled 3 Hunting trip! Rabbit and Slacking Wings will be in the Training Fields to avoid gaining experience Going into the coli until we get a familiar drop [item=primrose mith] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/22382.png[/img] *** He stood over the pink familiar's fuzzy body and stared up at Tantris as he regained his breath. The guardian seemed to approve of the young tundra and nodded, pleased with how the skirmish had turned out. "No hesitation... you killed it just as I asked." Rabbit forced himself not to let the guilt he felt for what he'd done show. Doing so would seem weak right? At least... to his leader it probably would. He tried to focus on the ground, unable to meet Tantris' gaze nor the mith he'd brought back to camp to use in 'training'. [i]"I gained its trust and look what I did... It didn't deserve this- it was a peaceful creature."[/i] "O...of course I did." He winced internally as his voice stuttered. The pink eyes continued to bore into him for a few moments before the guardian turned away, clearly done with their conversation now that the session was over. "Keep this up and maybe you'll prove to be important... Oh, and dispose of [i]that[/i]. I don't want it littering my territory. Just toss it over the cliffs or something." "Right..." Rabbit's confident stance slumped as soon as the guardian was gone. His tail drooped as he forced himself to pick up the mith's body and began dragging it towards one of the cliffs. He wasn't sure what he would've done had he known this would happen. Try to drive the thing away? Probably. Fighting was one thing but killing something was quite another. He'd been lucky enough to avoid needing to kill another dragon during their attack on that Shadow clan but he knew that luck likely wouldn't hold up. The mith fell into the water with a splash and the tundra sat on the edge, watching the waves crash below as he contemplated his young life. He wanted to get stronger and prove himself to these dragons. They all assumed he was weak because he was a tundra- and one that was rather slow to lose that hatchling fluff at that; he actually doubted it would ever fade away at this point. But he was still a dragon like them and he was learning to fight just as well as they could. Yet... after what he'd just done... He couldn't help but wonder if deep down he was just some scared prey. If, perhaps, his name was more accurate than he'd like it to be. Rabbit let out a long breath and stood, turning to slowly walk back to camp.
Day 18
@LordMaroo

Today's recruit:

68668735_350.png
Truart

For our phase 2, we rolled 3
Hunting trip!
Rabbit and Slacking Wings will be in the Training Fields to avoid gaining experience
Going into the coli until we get a familiar drop
Primrose Mith

22382.png

He stood over the pink familiar's fuzzy body and stared up at Tantris as he regained his breath. The guardian seemed to approve of the young tundra and nodded, pleased with how the skirmish had turned out. "No hesitation... you killed it just as I asked."

Rabbit forced himself not to let the guilt he felt for what he'd done show. Doing so would seem weak right? At least... to his leader it probably would. He tried to focus on the ground, unable to meet Tantris' gaze nor the mith he'd brought back to camp to use in 'training'. "I gained its trust and look what I did... It didn't deserve this- it was a peaceful creature."

"O...of course I did." He winced internally as his voice stuttered.

The pink eyes continued to bore into him for a few moments before the guardian turned away, clearly done with their conversation now that the session was over. "Keep this up and maybe you'll prove to be important... Oh, and dispose of that. I don't want it littering my territory. Just toss it over the cliffs or something."

"Right..." Rabbit's confident stance slumped as soon as the guardian was gone. His tail drooped as he forced himself to pick up the mith's body and began dragging it towards one of the cliffs.

He wasn't sure what he would've done had he known this would happen. Try to drive the thing away? Probably. Fighting was one thing but killing something was quite another. He'd been lucky enough to avoid needing to kill another dragon during their attack on that Shadow clan but he knew that luck likely wouldn't hold up.

The mith fell into the water with a splash and the tundra sat on the edge, watching the waves crash below as he contemplated his young life. He wanted to get stronger and prove himself to these dragons. They all assumed he was weak because he was a tundra- and one that was rather slow to lose that hatchling fluff at that; he actually doubted it would ever fade away at this point. But he was still a dragon like them and he was learning to fight just as well as they could.

Yet... after what he'd just done... He couldn't help but wonder if deep down he was just some scared prey. If, perhaps, his name was more accurate than he'd like it to be. Rabbit let out a long breath and stood, turning to slowly walk back to camp.
[center][b][size=7][font=times new roman][color=maroon]Day 19[/color][/font][/size][/b][/center] [size=1]@LordMaroo[/size] Today's recruit: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/68630856][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/686309/68630856_350.png[/img][/url] Naveh For our phase 2, we rolled 6 Crimes Time! Merciless and Vendicci gained +1 level *** Natsuo watched his hatchlings spar with interest. They'd finally come of age to begin their training and the two had been eager to get to it- waking up earlier than he normally did in their excitement. Even now, as inexperienced as they were, they were still training without a break. [i]"They truly do take after their parents."[/i] He smiled a little at the thought before putting on the neutral expression once again. He couldn't show favoritism towards the other, recruits it would stir up trouble. The veilspun got to his feet and walked over. "I think it's time to try out something else." "Something else?" His daughter gave him a doubtful look, having been enjoying battle practice. Natsuo nodded. "As smaller dragons we can't expect to go up against larger dragons and win head on- not that it's impossible," he could still remember how he'd taken out the prior commander, although that hadn't been a direct confrontation either. "But we're good at going unnoticed. You know what that means for us?" There was silence before his son finally spoke. "We can go places undetected?" "Precisely. I'm going to task you with following our newest recruit around for the day. If she or anyone else spots you, both of you will fail." "What? Why both of us?" His daughter's wings buzzed in irritation. "It only takes one dragon to raise the alarm. Besides, working together is also an important lesson. Having someone who's got your back could save your life." Natsuo left no room for further argument. "Now, I'll give you a few minutes to plan and find a starting point before starting this exercise. [i]Don't[/i] waste it and don't assume when it has or hasn't started because I won't be announcing it." With that he left the pair to work out their plan. He doubted he'd be the dragon to spot them given he'd be busy training the others. At least, he'd hope they weren't obvious enough for busy dragons to see them. Now [i]that[/i] would be rather disappointing.
Day 19
@LordMaroo

Today's recruit:

68630856_350.png
Naveh

For our phase 2, we rolled 6
Crimes Time!
Merciless and Vendicci gained +1 level

Natsuo watched his hatchlings spar with interest. They'd finally come of age to begin their training and the two had been eager to get to it- waking up earlier than he normally did in their excitement. Even now, as inexperienced as they were, they were still training without a break.

"They truly do take after their parents." He smiled a little at the thought before putting on the neutral expression once again. He couldn't show favoritism towards the other, recruits it would stir up trouble.

The veilspun got to his feet and walked over. "I think it's time to try out something else."

"Something else?" His daughter gave him a doubtful look, having been enjoying battle practice.

Natsuo nodded. "As smaller dragons we can't expect to go up against larger dragons and win head on- not that it's impossible," he could still remember how he'd taken out the prior commander, although that hadn't been a direct confrontation either. "But we're good at going unnoticed. You know what that means for us?"

There was silence before his son finally spoke. "We can go places undetected?"

"Precisely. I'm going to task you with following our newest recruit around for the day. If she or anyone else spots you, both of you will fail."

"What? Why both of us?" His daughter's wings buzzed in irritation.

"It only takes one dragon to raise the alarm. Besides, working together is also an important lesson. Having someone who's got your back could save your life." Natsuo left no room for further argument. "Now, I'll give you a few minutes to plan and find a starting point before starting this exercise. Don't waste it and don't assume when it has or hasn't started because I won't be announcing it."

With that he left the pair to work out their plan. He doubted he'd be the dragon to spot them given he'd be busy training the others. At least, he'd hope they weren't obvious enough for busy dragons to see them. Now that would be rather disappointing.
1 2 3 4 5