Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Pinkerlore Prompts
1 2 3 4
[center][u][b]Day 13[/b][/u][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62352437][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/623525/62352437_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][size=4][b]Safa[/b][/size][/center] [center][item=otherworldly collar] [size=2]trinket assorted small facts[/size][/center] [LIST] [*]Safa is a firm believer in the power of therapeutic touch. If you need to be cuddled for hours, she's your dragon. [*]It's not uncommon to find one or more of the drift's familiars tucked away inside her thick ruff. She only really minds if squabbles break out. [*]Safa sometimes thinks that the members of the drift could be eating more healthily than they are. She makes excursions to collect obscure plants and blends them together to create "balanced and nutritious" concoctions. Some of the others look upon these with suspicion, but (perhaps surprisingly) they're mostly quite palatable. Javier swears by them. [/LIST] [rule] I totally forgot that Glade (two entries up) is her younger brother! They are both very soft and will take good care of you.
Day 13

62352437_350.png
Safa

Otherworldly Collar
trinket
assorted small facts

• Safa is a firm believer in the power of therapeutic touch. If you need to be cuddled for hours, she's your dragon.
  • It's not uncommon to find one or more of the drift's familiars tucked away inside her thick ruff. She only really minds if squabbles break out.
  • Safa sometimes thinks that the members of the drift could be eating more healthily than they are. She makes excursions to collect obscure plants and blends them together to create "balanced and nutritious" concoctions. Some of the others look upon these with suspicion, but (perhaps surprisingly) they're mostly quite palatable. Javier swears by them.

I totally forgot that Glade (two entries up) is her younger brother! They are both very soft and will take good care of you.
MmSftql.png
[center][u][b]Day 14[/b][/u][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62280218][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/622803/62280218_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][size=4][b]Thorgrym[/b][/size][/center] [center][item=dusk orpington] [size=2]food - meat physical description[/size][/center] Despite his not inconsiderable bulk and his huge, majestic horns, Thorgrym tries to be as small and invisible as possible. This is less from a desire to keep out of others' way than from anxiety--he slinks low to the ground, especially whenever he has to leave the lair, and at rest he hunkers in on himself, preferably in a narrow, concealed place. His mane is somewhat unkempt, as his horns make it difficult to groom himself thoroughly, and he's too shy to ask for help. (One of the others usually notices and gently helps him out before it becomes too much of a disaster.) Rune has been able to convince him to wear a little jewelry, but only muted pieces that blend in with his own coloring. Over time he's begun to relax a little, and his wide-eyed hypervigilance has eased. He's still liable to flinch if someone comes up on him unexpectedly, though, and he hides if he thinks any strangers are approaching the lair.
Day 14

62280218_350.png
Thorgrym

Dusk Orpington
food - meat
physical description

Despite his not inconsiderable bulk and his huge, majestic horns, Thorgrym tries to be as small and invisible as possible. This is less from a desire to keep out of others' way than from anxiety--he slinks low to the ground, especially whenever he has to leave the lair, and at rest he hunkers in on himself, preferably in a narrow, concealed place. His mane is somewhat unkempt, as his horns make it difficult to groom himself thoroughly, and he's too shy to ask for help. (One of the others usually notices and gently helps him out before it becomes too much of a disaster.) Rune has been able to convince him to wear a little jewelry, but only muted pieces that blend in with his own coloring. Over time he's begun to relax a little, and his wide-eyed hypervigilance has eased. He's still liable to flinch if someone comes up on him unexpectedly, though, and he hides if he thinks any strangers are approaching the lair.
MmSftql.png
[center][u][b]Day 15[/b][/u][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62163892][img]https://i.imgur.com/1hF5Y7U.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][size=4][b]Ree[/b][/size][/center] [center][item=white lace honeybee] [size=2]food - insect relationship to larger group[/size][/center] Ree enjoys the laid-back, anything-goes-as-long-as-you're-chill vibe of the Spireshadow Drift. She can do what she likes, and what she likes best is to kick back and relax, maybe get a little high, and flirt with the boys. It sucks that it's hard to get booze out where they are, but she's been having some good results with the sparkly mushrooms, and there are a couple of types of herbs that seem promising. As long as she can talk them up as some kind of consciousness-expanding whatever, Melani's happy, and it's all good. Not everybody in the drift is cool, but they're mostly not jerks, and she's got Bel by her side to have like-minded fun with. All around, Ree thinks this is a pretty awesome place to live.
Day 15

1hF5Y7U.png
Ree

White Lace Honeybee
food - insect
relationship to larger group

Ree enjoys the laid-back, anything-goes-as-long-as-you're-chill vibe of the Spireshadow Drift. She can do what she likes, and what she likes best is to kick back and relax, maybe get a little high, and flirt with the boys. It sucks that it's hard to get booze out where they are, but she's been having some good results with the sparkly mushrooms, and there are a couple of types of herbs that seem promising. As long as she can talk them up as some kind of consciousness-expanding whatever, Melani's happy, and it's all good. Not everybody in the drift is cool, but they're mostly not jerks, and she's got Bel by her side to have like-minded fun with. All around, Ree thinks this is a pretty awesome place to live.
MmSftql.png
[center][u][b]Day 16[/b][/u][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/65715781][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/657158/65715781_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][size=4][b]Boris[/b][/size][/center] [center][item=lizardscale cloth] [size=2]material - dragonmade personal relationships [/size][/center] Boris and [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/65605960]Nadia[/url] are in love. SO in love. Like, we're talking heart eyes and shoujo manga flowers in the background. They're kind of gross, and Boris's sisters think he's a complete dweeb, but they support the two lovebirds anyway. So does Nadia's brother, who actually came back to the clan and made a triad with them just so Lakeisha would leave them alone. Lakeisha is annoyed to have yet another member of her pack getting attached to a nonmirror outsider (Lenore being the first), but kicking Boris out would be more trouble than it's worth--his sisters have hooked up with the warrior Paladin, Nadia's family makes up a substantial portion of the pack, and Boris is just generally popular, being an all-around nice if slightly awkward guy. Shanneira, as the other pack-adjacent love interest, feels a wry kinship with him, although she thinks he really needs to stop trying to get Lakeisha to like him. [rule] (I'm not really sure the starry regard really works on him--it sort of makes him look frowny rather than infatuated. We need heart eyes apparel for next Valentine's day.) Edited to add: I originally rolled a different dragon for this draw, but he already had a bio with some relationship stuff in it, so I rerolled. And Boris is basically the ideal result, because personal relationships are his entire raison d'être in this clan's lore. :D
Day 16

65715781_350.png
Boris

Lizardscale Cloth
material - dragonmade
personal relationships

Boris and Nadia are in love. SO in love. Like, we're talking heart eyes and shoujo manga flowers in the background. They're kind of gross, and Boris's sisters think he's a complete dweeb, but they support the two lovebirds anyway. So does Nadia's brother, who actually came back to the clan and made a triad with them just so Lakeisha would leave them alone. Lakeisha is annoyed to have yet another member of her pack getting attached to a nonmirror outsider (Lenore being the first), but kicking Boris out would be more trouble than it's worth--his sisters have hooked up with the warrior Paladin, Nadia's family makes up a substantial portion of the pack, and Boris is just generally popular, being an all-around nice if slightly awkward guy. Shanneira, as the other pack-adjacent love interest, feels a wry kinship with him, although she thinks he really needs to stop trying to get Lakeisha to like him.

(I'm not really sure the starry regard really works on him--it sort of makes him look frowny rather than infatuated. We need heart eyes apparel for next Valentine's day.)

Edited to add: I originally rolled a different dragon for this draw, but he already had a bio with some relationship stuff in it, so I rerolled. And Boris is basically the ideal result, because personal relationships are his entire raison d'être in this clan's lore. :D
MmSftql.png
[center][u][b]Day 17[/b][/u][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/65824763][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=61&breed=19&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=3&tertgene=67&winggene=66&wings=135&auth=bf2a148a7b30faa730d944e3fc01a9b02dac7698&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][size=4][b]Kirin[/b][/size][/center] [center][item=cattail] [size=2]food - plants origin [/size][/center] When Kirin's birth clan moved to the Tangled Woods, they weren't aware of the danger flitting through the darkest places of the forest. They didn't know about the silvery singing voices whose music could lure the unwary away, never to return--or at least, not unchanged. Kirin was one of those taken as a very young hatchling. Transformed into one of the veilspun, he no longer remembers his kin. But when the Old Queen began sending dragons out of the woods and into the world, he felt a subtle pull, the faintest memory of a gentle pink glow, and he requested specifically to be sent to the Starfall Isles. The Queen granted his request, but she also decreed the unthinkable--if he were to go to the Isles, he would go alone. Most veilspun would change their minds, unable to bear the prospect of living without a swarm, but Kirin found himself less bothered than he'd expected. Afraid but determined, he went forth on his own, and soon found himself in a strange forest beneath a softly glowing sky. (Did the Queen know or guess that he'd accept her terms? Was it a test to see what he would do? What purpose does she have for sending one dragon out alone? Only she has the answers.) [rule] Such a pretty, pretty boy.... I got him for his colors in order to create a veilspun breeding pair, and the breed change made for a good lore hook. Now I need to figure out how his mate got to the Isles.
Day 17

dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=61&breed=19&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=3&tertgene=67&winggene=66&wings=135&auth=bf2a148a7b30faa730d944e3fc01a9b02dac7698&dummyext=prev.png
Kirin

Cattail
food - plants
origin

When Kirin's birth clan moved to the Tangled Woods, they weren't aware of the danger flitting through the darkest places of the forest. They didn't know about the silvery singing voices whose music could lure the unwary away, never to return--or at least, not unchanged.

Kirin was one of those taken as a very young hatchling. Transformed into one of the veilspun, he no longer remembers his kin. But when the Old Queen began sending dragons out of the woods and into the world, he felt a subtle pull, the faintest memory of a gentle pink glow, and he requested specifically to be sent to the Starfall Isles. The Queen granted his request, but she also decreed the unthinkable--if he were to go to the Isles, he would go alone. Most veilspun would change their minds, unable to bear the prospect of living without a swarm, but Kirin found himself less bothered than he'd expected. Afraid but determined, he went forth on his own, and soon found himself in a strange forest beneath a softly glowing sky.

(Did the Queen know or guess that he'd accept her terms? Was it a test to see what he would do? What purpose does she have for sending one dragon out alone? Only she has the answers.)

Such a pretty, pretty boy.... I got him for his colors in order to create a veilspun breeding pair, and the breed change made for a good lore hook. Now I need to figure out how his mate got to the Isles.

MmSftql.png
[center][u][b]Day 18[/b][/u][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64255052][img]https://i.imgur.com/PVgMmOU.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][size=4][b]Sirhya[/b][/size][/center] [center][item=strawberry hermit] [size=2]food - seafood job or role [/size][/center] Serenely paternal, the mage Sirhya lives on a sea-carved crag in the Starfall Isles. There he watches and records the movements of the stars and tides, of the winds and the birds and the fishes. In the twilight he goes down to the strand to be with his mate, Solai, a spirit of the sea that he fell in love with long ago. So great was his enchantment and longing for her, he used his magic to transform himself; now his entire body ripples, composed of elemental water and arcana, allowing him to remain in the water indefinitely without drowning. His and Solai's children are also part water and part dragon; dwellers in two worlds, they move back and forth between them. And as Sirhya longed for the ocean, so they long for the dragons of the land, calling out to them with soft voices, with songs and glimpses of an otherworldly beauty. Sometimes they couple with the dragons that they draw in with their allure, and few of those who surrender escape unchanged--some are swept away to their deaths by the sea, while others return to the land in body but with their hearts forever lost. Sirhya watches these unfortunates meet their fates with a distant sadness, but in his mind it's not for him to save them from themselves. Instead he spends his time in study and in cherishing his mate and their wild wavechildren, as well as the progeny that they bear from their land-bound lovers. [rule] I'm planning to use Sirhya's children as entertaining fodder breeders--buy the cheapest RTB dragon on the AH that has a not-horrible range with them, breed them, and then exalt the mate and any children that don't have a great wavechildren vibe. Could be a lore hatchery idea if the kids come out really nice, but running a hatchery is really more work than I want to do.

Day 18

PVgMmOU.png
Sirhya

Strawberry Hermit
food - seafood
job or role

Serenely paternal, the mage Sirhya lives on a sea-carved crag in the Starfall Isles. There he watches and records the movements of the stars and tides, of the winds and the birds and the fishes. In the twilight he goes down to the strand to be with his mate, Solai, a spirit of the sea that he fell in love with long ago. So great was his enchantment and longing for her, he used his magic to transform himself; now his entire body ripples, composed of elemental water and arcana, allowing him to remain in the water indefinitely without drowning. His and Solai's children are also part water and part dragon; dwellers in two worlds, they move back and forth between them. And as Sirhya longed for the ocean, so they long for the dragons of the land, calling out to them with soft voices, with songs and glimpses of an otherworldly beauty. Sometimes they couple with the dragons that they draw in with their allure, and few of those who surrender escape unchanged--some are swept away to their deaths by the sea, while others return to the land in body but with their hearts forever lost. Sirhya watches these unfortunates meet their fates with a distant sadness, but in his mind it's not for him to save them from themselves. Instead he spends his time in study and in cherishing his mate and their wild wavechildren, as well as the progeny that they bear from their land-bound lovers.

I'm planning to use Sirhya's children as entertaining fodder breeders--buy the cheapest RTB dragon on the AH that has a not-horrible range with them, breed them, and then exalt the mate and any children that don't have a great wavechildren vibe. Could be a lore hatchery idea if the kids come out really nice, but running a hatchery is really more work than I want to do.
MmSftql.png
[center][u][b]Day 19[/b][/u][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64628683][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/646287/64628683_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][size=4][b]Moth-on-the-Bark[/b][/size][/center] [center][item=bioluminescent tail] [size=2]material - organic aspirations and goals [/size][/center] I pulled Moth twice in my testing phase, then once earlier in this thread, and now for a fourth time. Out of roughly 100 possible dragons. *squints at random number generator* Instead of writing a separate chunk for this draw, I've gone and tidied up xir bio, adding a little future-oriented material, and I'm going to mark xir complete for now. (First bio completed via this challenge! Woohoo!)
Day 19

64628683_350.png
Moth-on-the-Bark

Bioluminescent Tail
material - organic
aspirations and goals

I pulled Moth twice in my testing phase, then once earlier in this thread, and now for a fourth time. Out of roughly 100 possible dragons. *squints at random number generator*

Instead of writing a separate chunk for this draw, I've gone and tidied up xir bio, adding a little future-oriented material, and I'm going to mark xir complete for now.

(First bio completed via this challenge! Woohoo!)
MmSftql.png
[center][u][b]Day 20[/b][/u][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/56482668][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/564827/56482668_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][size=4][b]Dath[/b][/size][/center] [center][item=gleaming leg chitin] [size=2]apparel introspective scene [/size][/center] There, cutting through the water--a long, sharp-finned shape. Gliding past the old sunken ship, seeking prey-- She lunged from the wreck's shadow, jaws clamping onto the catshark before it could do more than thrash once. One bite, and it went limp. Feh. So easy. She'd eat it, but--captain's privilege. Instead, she swam for the shore. Pulling herself up on the rocks, she threw the shark onto the gravelly strand. Her mate was there, teaching their spawn some fighting tricks. "Good hunting?" he asked. She wrinkled her muzzle at him. It had been an argument once--[i]fishing[/i], not [i]hunting[/i]. Now it was a joke. The onshore wind had made a tangle of his fake hair; his trailing clothes were knotted up at his waist. He was ridiculous. Brave, though. Strong. A fighter, despite how he seemed. Leaping from the rocks, she flew out over the sea, toward deeper water. Folded her wings and dove. Still too close to land, but she might find something bigger and more satisfying than a shark. The crew was [i]all[/i] ridiculous. But she stayed. Obeyed the captain's orders. Followed the rules. For the chance to fight and sometimes kill, of course, but more than that-- For the sea. The wind and the rush of speed. The roaring challenge of the storm. The great depths, farther out than wings could carry her. Depths where the largest monsters lived. Where teeth and claws and hunger in the dark were the only laws, and survival meant a feast. Soon. Soon they would sail again. Movement on the sea floor--something large and scuttling. An old megashrimp, half again her size. Not dangerous, but difficult to kill and a challenge to bring back to shore. Sensing her presence, it scurried faster, and she bared her teeth. [i]Prey.[/i] They would eat well tonight. [rule] I originally got Swift for this pull, but he already had an introspective scene, so I rolled again and got Dath. Who is...not a particularly introspective dragon? But I think it worked out. (Yes, she will eat your familiar. Why doesn't she eat her own familiar? Good question....)
Day 20

56482668_350.png
Dath

Gleaming Leg Chitin
apparel
introspective scene

There, cutting through the water--a long, sharp-finned shape. Gliding past the old sunken ship, seeking prey--

She lunged from the wreck's shadow, jaws clamping onto the catshark before it could do more than thrash once. One bite, and it went limp.

Feh. So easy.

She'd eat it, but--captain's privilege. Instead, she swam for the shore. Pulling herself up on the rocks, she threw the shark onto the gravelly strand. Her mate was there, teaching their spawn some fighting tricks.

"Good hunting?" he asked.

She wrinkled her muzzle at him. It had been an argument once--fishing, not hunting. Now it was a joke. The onshore wind had made a tangle of his fake hair; his trailing clothes were knotted up at his waist. He was ridiculous.

Brave, though. Strong. A fighter, despite how he seemed.

Leaping from the rocks, she flew out over the sea, toward deeper water. Folded her wings and dove. Still too close to land, but she might find something bigger and more satisfying than a shark.

The crew was all ridiculous. But she stayed. Obeyed the captain's orders. Followed the rules. For the chance to fight and sometimes kill, of course, but more than that--

For the sea.

The wind and the rush of speed. The roaring challenge of the storm.

The great depths, farther out than wings could carry her. Depths where the largest monsters lived. Where teeth and claws and hunger in the dark were the only laws, and survival meant a feast.

Soon. Soon they would sail again.

Movement on the sea floor--something large and scuttling. An old megashrimp, half again her size. Not dangerous, but difficult to kill and a challenge to bring back to shore.

Sensing her presence, it scurried faster, and she bared her teeth.

Prey.

They would eat well tonight.

I originally got Swift for this pull, but he already had an introspective scene, so I rolled again and got Dath. Who is...not a particularly introspective dragon? But I think it worked out.

(Yes, she will eat your familiar. Why doesn't she eat her own familiar? Good question....)

MmSftql.png
[center][u][b]Day 21[/b][/u][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/54836743][img]https://i.imgur.com/255w9ux.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][size=4][b]Seastar[/b][/size][/center] [center][item=mussels] [size=2]food - seafood job or role [/size][/center] Seastar is something of a derg of all trades. Onboard the [i]Seaferal[/i], he works the rigging and serves as a lookout, while in port he's equal parts messenger, errand runner, and footpad. His happy, guileless attitude makes it easy to underestimate him, but he's highly skilled in thievery, and his speed and agility make him dangerous in a fight. He also cheerfully serves as an extra pair of hands for anyone who needs them; he picks up skills easily, and is particularly good at improvised repairs. [rule] I rolled Vixen at first, but since her previous entry on goals sort of covers her job, I rerolled and got Seastar. Which is good, because his role definitely needed to be pinned down as something other than miscellaneous crew. He got some apparel into the bargain.
Day 21

255w9ux.png
Seastar

Mussels
food - seafood
job or role

Seastar is something of a derg of all trades. Onboard the Seaferal, he works the rigging and serves as a lookout, while in port he's equal parts messenger, errand runner, and footpad. His happy, guileless attitude makes it easy to underestimate him, but he's highly skilled in thievery, and his speed and agility make him dangerous in a fight. He also cheerfully serves as an extra pair of hands for anyone who needs them; he picks up skills easily, and is particularly good at improvised repairs.

I rolled Vixen at first, but since her previous entry on goals sort of covers her job, I rerolled and got Seastar. Which is good, because his role definitely needed to be pinned down as something other than miscellaneous crew. He got some apparel into the bargain.
MmSftql.png
[center][u][b]Day 22[/b][/u][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/58005600][img]https://i.imgur.com/i1qR3kI.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][size=4][b]Nile[/b][/size][/center] [center][item=mistral beetle] [size=2]food - insect relationship to group [/size][/center] Nile was very happy living with the Smokeveils clan until her relationship with one of its members became awkward. (They were mates; she liked him, but he couldn't decide what he wanted, and that wasn't enough for her.) Since there was no way to distance herself from him while staying with the clan, she chose to leave. Now she's adrift, a dreamer aching to find a place for herself but with no idea what that place might be. For the moment, she's found her way to Lassania, the floating city of the Arcane isles. Surrounded by beauty, she wanders through her days, disconnected from everyone around her while she yearns for something she can't name. [rule] Hello, random beauty. This turned out to be more about a lack of relationship, but it still works, I think. I suspect she's going to turn out to be a friend or at least an acquaintance of [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64848421]Vixen's[/url]. Unlikely to actually end up on the [i]Seaferal[/i], given her ethereal, noncombative nature, but one never knows.
Day 22

i1qR3kI.png
Nile

Mistral Beetle
food - insect
relationship to group

Nile was very happy living with the Smokeveils clan until her relationship with one of its members became awkward. (They were mates; she liked him, but he couldn't decide what he wanted, and that wasn't enough for her.) Since there was no way to distance herself from him while staying with the clan, she chose to leave. Now she's adrift, a dreamer aching to find a place for herself but with no idea what that place might be. For the moment, she's found her way to Lassania, the floating city of the Arcane isles. Surrounded by beauty, she wanders through her days, disconnected from everyone around her while she yearns for something she can't name.

Hello, random beauty. This turned out to be more about a lack of relationship, but it still works, I think. I suspect she's going to turn out to be a friend or at least an acquaintance of Vixen's. Unlikely to actually end up on the Seaferal, given her ethereal, noncombative nature, but one never knows.

MmSftql.png
1 2 3 4