Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [TCC] Spark Notes [Closed]
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 23 24
[center] ((Sorry, I have to write a lore blurb today!)) [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62374768][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/623748/62374768_350.png[/img][/url][/center] As Livewire rushed back and forth fulfilling orders for harried, caffeine-addicted interns, she wondered vaguely what all the fuss was about. Her home lair had been far enough out in the desert that she'd never even smelled coffee before. It was not until she was allowed a 5-minute break that a fellow barrista kindly offered to make her a drink; "a sweet one, since you've never had coffee. Straight-up might be a little difficult for your first taste." She sat watching the whipped cream swirl into her cup, and quickly scrawled the first thing that came to mind on a napkin. [quote=Livewire] Swirls the cream, round and round, Chasing the sugar through blackness. The inky depths turning to mild beige. Rises the steam, up in streams, Tickling nostrils and awakening tastebuds. One sip--but still too hot. A moment, a pause, one sip again Swallowing, and trickling down. The sweet bitterness sweeping over tongue. Warms the throat, and burns the blood, Exciting the mind to work again. Beats the heart--at last I understand. [/quote] "Your break was over 15 seconds ago!" her partner shouted. Livewire jumped, gulped two more sips, and hurried back to the counter. She smiled as pleasantly as she could at the next customer. "May I take your order?"
((Sorry, I have to write a lore blurb today!))

62374768_350.png

As Livewire rushed back and forth fulfilling orders for harried, caffeine-addicted interns, she wondered vaguely what all the fuss was about. Her home lair had been far enough out in the desert that she'd never even smelled coffee before. It was not until she was allowed a 5-minute break that a fellow barrista kindly offered to make her a drink; "a sweet one, since you've never had coffee. Straight-up might be a little difficult for your first taste."

She sat watching the whipped cream swirl into her cup, and quickly scrawled the first thing that came to mind on a napkin.
Livewire wrote:

Swirls the cream, round and round,
Chasing the sugar through blackness.
The inky depths turning to mild beige.

Rises the steam, up in streams,
Tickling nostrils and awakening tastebuds.
One sip--but still too hot.

A moment, a pause, one sip again
Swallowing, and trickling down.
The sweet bitterness sweeping over tongue.

Warms the throat, and burns the blood,
Exciting the mind to work again.
Beats the heart--at last I understand.

"Your break was over 15 seconds ago!" her partner shouted. Livewire jumped, gulped two more sips, and hurried back to the counter. She smiled as pleasantly as she could at the next customer. "May I take your order?"
V9b7SpH.png sig_button.png
Barrista

Their orders are never what you’d think
Guessing is impossible
At what they'll want to drink.

The scarred, scary guy who works security?
Orders with a glare
A drink so sugary
You want to tell them to take care.

The tiny, timid, delicate one?
Double shot expresso – black
One gulp and they're done.

The very stern fellow?
Who’s never had a smile
A hot chocolate with one marshmallow
But just every once and a while.

The giggly one, so carefree?
Wants hot water
And a bag of tea.

The imaginative guy?
So funny and smart
Is at a loss what to buy
Just stares and stares at the chart.

The stylish one you gaze at with awe?
Skips the drink altogether
They only want a bear claw.

Once they’ve made their selection
The drinks they choose
Changes your perception
And can startle or amuse.

For they'll never orders what you'd think.
Just give up in guessing.
At what they’ll want to drink.
Barrista

Their orders are never what you’d think
Guessing is impossible
At what they'll want to drink.

The scarred, scary guy who works security?
Orders with a glare
A drink so sugary
You want to tell them to take care.

The tiny, timid, delicate one?
Double shot expresso – black
One gulp and they're done.

The very stern fellow?
Who’s never had a smile
A hot chocolate with one marshmallow
But just every once and a while.

The giggly one, so carefree?
Wants hot water
And a bag of tea.

The imaginative guy?
So funny and smart
Is at a loss what to buy
Just stares and stares at the chart.

The stylish one you gaze at with awe?
Skips the drink altogether
They only want a bear claw.

Once they’ve made their selection
The drinks they choose
Changes your perception
And can startle or amuse.

For they'll never orders what you'd think.
Just give up in guessing.
At what they’ll want to drink.
8oOETBT.png Z85Oomo.png Game!
Wishlist
bN7rFE2.png 50307145.png Star a
Dragon
N24Y7nO.png
[columns]The art and the recipes Swirling white, brown, and black But soon consumed Are the hours of work really worth The tedious work The effort poured in on The coffee and the tea Downcast is the word Maybe everyone is busy The baristas turn back They have to reflect The art so carefully created They’re all gone anyways[NextCol][color=transparent]xxx [NextCol] found in the brown canvas a masterpiece as the drink of an employee the sound of gulps do they ever notice the piping hot chocolate the disappointment sweeps in no one says a thanks they are all caught up with work, after all silence echoes through the corridors do they even appreciate no one knows the devotion on the beverages [/columns] ----- (All below the line is not included in entry) This is a twin cinema poem, a poem that can be read from each columns individually or read when both columns are combined! For clarity, I'll be putting how the poem should be read down below and where the actual punctuation are. [quote=Left column]The art and recipes, swirling white, brown, and black. But soon consumed. Are the hours of work really worth the tedious work, the effort poured in on the coffee and the tea? Downcast is the word. Maybe everyone is busy. The baristas turn back. They have to reflect. The art so carefully created, they’re all gone anyways.[/quote] [quote=Right column]Found in the brown canvas, a masterpiece, as the drink of an employee. The sound of gulps. Do they ever notice the piping hot chocolate? The disappointment sweeps in. No one says a thanks. They are all caught up with work, after all. Silence echoes through the corridors. Do they even appreciate? No one knows the devotion on the beverages.[/quote] [quote=Combined columns] The art and recipes found in the brown canvas, swirling white, brown, and black, a masterpiece. But soon consumed as the drink of an employee. Are the hours of work really worth the sound of gulps? The tedious work, do they ever notice? The effort poured in on the piping hot chocolate the Coffee and the tea? The disappointment sweeps up, downcast is the word. No one says a thanks. Maybe everyone is busy. They are all caught up with work, after all. The baristas turn back, silence echoes through the corridors. They have to reflect: Do they appreciate the art so carefully created? No one knows. They’re all gone anyways, the devotion on the beverages.[/quote]
The art and the recipes
Swirling white, brown, and black
But soon consumed
Are the hours of work really worth
The tedious work
The effort poured in on
The coffee and the tea
Downcast is the word
Maybe everyone is busy
The baristas turn back
They have to reflect
The art so carefully created
They’re all gone anyways
xxx found in the brown canvas
a masterpiece
as the drink of an employee
the sound of gulps
do they ever notice
the piping hot chocolate
the disappointment sweeps in
no one says a thanks
they are all caught up with work, after all
silence echoes through the corridors
do they even appreciate
no one knows
the devotion on the beverages

(All below the line is not included in entry)

This is a twin cinema poem, a poem that can be read from each columns individually or read when both columns are combined! For clarity, I'll be putting how the poem should be read down below and where the actual punctuation are.
Left column wrote:
The art and recipes,
swirling white, brown, and black.
But soon consumed.
Are the hours of work really worth
the tedious work,
the effort poured in on
the coffee and the tea?
Downcast is the word.
Maybe everyone is busy.
The baristas turn back.
They have to reflect.
The art so carefully created,
they’re all gone anyways.
Right column wrote:
Found in the brown canvas,
a masterpiece,
as the drink of an employee.
The sound of gulps.
Do they ever notice
the piping hot chocolate?
The disappointment sweeps in.
No one says a thanks.
They are all caught up with work, after all.
Silence echoes through the corridors.
Do they even appreciate?
No one knows
the devotion on the beverages.
Combined columns wrote:
The art and recipes found in the brown canvas,
swirling white, brown, and black, a masterpiece.
But soon consumed as the drink of an employee.
Are the hours of work really worth the sound of gulps?
The tedious work, do they ever notice?
The effort poured in on the piping hot chocolate
the Coffee and the tea? The disappointment sweeps up,
downcast is the word. No one says a thanks.
Maybe everyone is busy. They are all caught up with work, after all.
The baristas turn back, silence echoes through the corridors.
They have to reflect: Do they appreciate
the art so carefully created? No one knows.
They’re all gone anyways, the devotion on the beverages.
4f84783726df68aa829be00b8642d465d8caaa83.png x8bDWFu.png
5hF3FGk.png
DxCICZ1.png
Iced Coffee: a Villanelle

Even the simplest work is never done.
I came here with ambition in my mind --
I can't believe I'm starting to have fun.

The supervisors keep me on the run
Between machines that boil, and foam, and grind.

The coldest drinks are my duty alone;
They wait for me, although I fall behind.

And now I'm making ice cubes in the sun;
The noonday glare has struck me nearly blind.

Once the ice-maker's fixed, the whipped-cream gun's
A tangled mass of tubing to unwind.
How can it be I'm starting to have fun?

The coffee flows; my team all works as one.
Demand today is endless. I don't mind.
I can't believe I'm finding this stuff fun.
Iced Coffee: a Villanelle

I came here with ambition in my mind --

The supervisors keep me on the run
Between machines that boil, and foam, and grind.

The coldest drinks are my duty alone;
They wait for me, although I fall behind.

And now I'm making ice cubes in the sun;
The noonday glare has struck me nearly blind.

Once the ice-maker's fixed, the whipped-cream gun's
A tangled mass of tubing to unwind.
How can it be I'm starting to have fun?

The coffee flows; my team all works as one.
Demand today is endless. I don't mind.
I can't believe I'm finding this stuff fun.
n4tD6Di.png2PWSna6.pngrULXRhK.png
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/57692840][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=57692840&skin=0&apparel=27121,20547,6266&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] Strange work for an office is brewing the coffee; At least, that was what she thought as she prepared the tea. The heavenly aroma of the roasting beans, She loved the strange, rich taste of this magic drink that made her so keen. The adrenaline took over, coursing through her veins, dopamine crashing like waves, dominating her brain. She took another cup and filled it, wanting that feeling, But from that first jolt of energy, her body was still healing. For all of her break, she drank cup upon cup of this holy grail, Yet in her attempts to achieve that rush, there was fail after fail. She'd consumed too much; nauseous, she set down her mug, And thought to herself, [i]Wow, caffeine is a pretty useless drug.[/i] (inspired by [url=https://twitter.com/LenskoTweet/status/1065176378352521216]this[/url])
dragon?did=57692840&skin=0&apparel=27121,20547,6266&xt=dressing.png

Strange work for an office is brewing the coffee;
At least, that was what she thought as she prepared the tea.
The heavenly aroma of the roasting beans,
She loved the strange, rich taste of this magic drink that made her so keen.

The adrenaline took over, coursing through her veins,
dopamine crashing like waves, dominating her brain.
She took another cup and filled it, wanting that feeling,
But from that first jolt of energy, her body was still healing.

For all of her break, she drank cup upon cup of this holy grail,
Yet in her attempts to achieve that rush, there was fail after fail.
She'd consumed too much; nauseous, she set down her mug,
And thought to herself, Wow, caffeine is a pretty useless drug.

(inspired by this)
4fDk2WySUrAvwAAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
fXqB1J8.png
[center]Just listen, just listen! I have the [i]greatest[/i] invention— it's exactly right for this job. Production would increase! it could be a [i]showpiece[/i]— with gears and pipes and a knob. We can [i]automate[/i] the system do the work with pump and piston— assign every ingredient a code. And then— the best part! no need for a chart— save drinks to ID cards, swipe and load! See I have this schematic just look, it's fantastic— store the database in the card reader. It's brilliant, don't you think— The perfect dispenser of drinks! ...But who [i]cares[/i] if interns are cheaper? [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62652628][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/626527/62652628p.png[/img][/url][/center]
Just listen, just listen!
I have the greatest invention—
it's exactly right for this job.

Production would increase!
it could be a showpiece
with gears and pipes and a knob.

We can automate the system
do the work with pump and piston—
assign every ingredient a code.

And then— the best part!
no need for a chart—
save drinks to ID cards, swipe and load!

See I have this schematic
just look, it's fantastic—
store the database in the card reader.

It's brilliant, don't you think—
The perfect dispenser of drinks!
...But who cares if interns are cheaper?

62652628p.png
cloudbear familiar adopt (links to free resource)why does align right not work fit fit fit fit fit okHobbes dragon plushie (links to breeding pairs)
[font=Verdana][size=2]@/SkyDagger, [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/zyclhpf6dv31m57/lightningtop.png[/img][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62252966][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/622530/62252966.png[/img][/url] [font=Verdana][size=2]and [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62252969][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/622530/62252969.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/8j5x6ctsche062g/lightningbottom.png[/img][/center] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/a170h6tjl0pq3o8/lightningmidsmall.png[/img][/center] [center][font=Cambria][size=4]Day Three: Barrista Beginner[/size][/font] [font=Verdana][size=2][b]Issei and Satoshi Sayama[/b] The Clan of Odds & Ends[/center] [center]- - - - -[/center] [font=Verdana][size=2][b]{***Please note that this small section should not be included in the Entry. It's merely my need to write a small blurb for my dragons.***}[/b] [font=Verdana][size=2][b]Shifting Expanse: Coffee, Tea, & Hot Chocolate Bar[/b][/size] [left][size=1]"Coffee taught to us by Stormweaver- "[/left] [right][size=1]"- where we get to learn to weave our own creations? Sign us up!" [/right] [columns][font=Verdana][size=1]"The smooth, deep notes of black coffee with the subtle flavors of the original bean floating among the vast combination of tastes." [nextcol][color=transparent]_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _[/color] [nextcol][left][font=Verdana][size=1]"The cappuccino is a beautiful harmony of creams and foam, a delightful mixture of contrast with the bitter coffee in an intertwined dance! "[/left] [/columns] [center][font=Verdana][size=1]"What?!" Issei and Satoshi both cry. [/center] [columns][font=Verdana][size=1]"What the heck are you saying?! You can't beat that depth!" [nextcol][color=transparent]_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _[/color] [nextcol][left][font=Verdana][size=1]"I disagree! The combination of all the elements is the real best!"[/left] [/columns] [center][font=Verdana][size=1]"You just don't quite understand the true value of black coffee/cappuccino. But, well, coffee is just as amazing as Wind music!" Issei and Satoshi sync. "The variety of coffee rivals the genres of Wind Music. We got to make our own coffee mug/tumbler. Now's our chance to craft the kind of coffee that'll shock your soul!"[/center] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/k1b4ynhewlhqjdz/windmidsmall.png[/img][/center] [center][font=Cambria][size=3][b][u]IMPORTANT[/u]:[/b] Please read the poem on your desktop. The formatting does not work on mobile devices! This is a Concrete Poem/"Shape" Poetry. - - - - -[/center] [center][font=Cambria][size=3]Steam [color=transparent]_ _ _ _[/color]rises [color=transparent]_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _[/color]through comforting [color=transparent]_ _ _ _[/color]in the [color=transparent]_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _[/color]desert air[/center] [center][font=Cambria][size=3]The empty cups Additions on the side, like the sugar lumps Ready? You take the[color=transparent]_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ [/color]elements and jumpstart. Crafting a warm beverage,[color=transparent]_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _[/color] care straight from the heart. Soothing refreshments, be it [color=transparent]_ _ _ _ _ _ _[/color] coffee, hot chocolate, or even tea. Intricate labyrinth, you try unlocking the secrets of both flavor and taste. Preferences vast among us, a medium full of creativity as deep as the sea. Introductory job for us interns for this substance that cannot be replaced. Coffee, shocking the mind to wakefulness in its black-brown depths, with sugar or cream? Or do[color=transparent]_ _ _ _ _[/color] you enjoy yours black, untainted by other additions? The perfect drink is the[color=transparent]_ _ _ _[/color] dream. Yet[color=transparent]_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _[/color]perhaps you favor the leaves and flowers, the hot juice creating what is[color=transparent]_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _[/color]tea. Wait,[color=transparent]_ _ _ _ _[/color]you argue for that comfy home flavor. Comfort found in a hot chocolate [color=transparent]_ _ _ _[/color]drink. A nostalgia-filled cup reminding you of home, aiding you like an oasis in this desert. Be aware of these delicious drinks, lest you burn your tongue and get hurt. Surely, Stormweaver sees your passion and effort. Will the Boss too? Word spreads lightning fast across the busy Shifting Expanse. Will the Stormcatcher accept you into his coffee crew, Letting you have the chance to advance? One can always prepare. [/center] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/k1b4ynhewlhqjdz/windmidsmall.png[/img][/center] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/82c4mkb726en517/windfull.png[/img][/center] [center][font=Verdana][size=2]Dividers by [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=30450][b]osiem[/b][/url][/center]
@/SkyDagger,

lightningtop.png
62252966.png and 62252969.png
lightningbottom.png
lightningmidsmall.png
Day Three: Barrista Beginner

Issei and Satoshi Sayama

The Clan of Odds & Ends
- - - - -
{***Please note that this small section should not be included in the Entry. It's merely my need to write a small blurb for my dragons.***}

Shifting Expanse: Coffee, Tea, & Hot Chocolate Bar

"Coffee taught to us by Stormweaver- "
"- where we get to learn to weave our own creations? Sign us up!"
"The smooth, deep notes of black coffee with the subtle flavors of the original bean floating among the vast combination of tastes."

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
"The cappuccino is a beautiful harmony of creams and foam, a delightful mixture of contrast with the bitter coffee in an intertwined dance! "
"What?!" Issei and Satoshi both cry.
"What the heck are you saying?! You can't beat that depth!"

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
"I disagree! The combination of all the elements is the real best!"
"You just don't quite understand the true value of black coffee/cappuccino. But, well, coffee is just as amazing as Wind music!" Issei and Satoshi sync. "The variety of coffee rivals the genres of Wind Music. We got to make our own coffee mug/tumbler. Now's our chance to craft the kind of coffee that'll shock your soul!"
windmidsmall.png
IMPORTANT: Please read the poem on your desktop.
The formatting does not work on mobile devices!

This is a Concrete Poem/"Shape" Poetry.

- - - - -
Steam
_ _ _ _rises
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _through
comforting
_ _ _ _in the
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _desert air

The empty cups
Additions on the side, like the sugar lumps
Ready? You take the_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ elements and jumpstart.
Crafting a warm beverage,_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ care straight from the heart.
Soothing refreshments, be it _ _ _ _ _ _ _ coffee, hot chocolate, or even tea.
Intricate labyrinth, you try unlocking the secrets of both flavor and taste.
Preferences vast among us, a medium full of creativity as deep as the sea.
Introductory job for us interns for this substance that cannot be replaced.
Coffee, shocking the mind to wakefulness in its black-brown depths, with sugar or cream?
Or do_ _ _ _ _ you enjoy yours black, untainted by other additions? The perfect drink is the_ _ _ _ dream.
Yet_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _perhaps you favor the leaves and flowers, the hot juice creating what is_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _tea.
Wait,_ _ _ _ _you argue for that comfy home flavor. Comfort found in a hot chocolate _ _ _ _drink.
A nostalgia-filled cup reminding you of home, aiding you like an oasis in this desert.
Be aware of these delicious drinks, lest you burn your tongue and get hurt.
Surely, Stormweaver sees your passion and effort. Will the Boss too?
Word spreads lightning fast across the busy Shifting Expanse.
Will the Stormcatcher accept you into his coffee crew,
Letting you have the chance to advance?
One can always prepare.
windmidsmall.png
windfull.png
Dividers by osiem
GNG7q0I.png
about
wishlist
journal

2021-08-07_Katsuji2.png
*squeak!*
@SkyDagger [center][size=5][font=Monospace][color=#006064]Bronte: The Intern, of The Colony of Growth[/color][/font][/size][/center] [center][size=5][font=Monospace][color=#006064][i]"Barrista Beginner"[/i][/color][/font][/size][/center] [columns] [nextcol][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=879312&skin=0&apparel=10962,11674,28024,35207,35206,27201,6949,6967,9216,11200,1094,28818&xt=dressing.png[/img] [nextcol][right][size=5][font=candara ][color=#00838F] I stand and I watch thee with attention, For what before me are tools and machines. I am to learn and perform correction, Crucial for not to waste the coffee beans. I am directed to take these gizmos, And put them together to create tea. I carefully watch the guiding demo, I act out was demonstrated for me. Should this be measured fore executed? I hope the Stormcatcher is not viewing. One false move and I will be unsuited. Look! The coffee is properly brewing.
@SkyDagger
Bronte: The Intern, of The Colony of Growth
"Barrista Beginner"
scry?sdid=879312&skin=0&apparel=10962,11674,28024,35207,35206,27201,6949,6967,9216,11200,1094,28818&xt=dressing.png

I stand and I watch thee with attention,
For what before me are tools and machines.
I am to learn and perform correction,
Crucial for not to waste the coffee beans.

I am directed to take these gizmos,
And put them together to create tea.
I carefully watch the guiding demo,
I act out was demonstrated for me.

Should this be measured fore executed?
I hope the Stormcatcher is not viewing.
One false move and I will be unsuited.
Look! The coffee is properly brewing.
69.png5M9CHlS.gif9WYyCMK.pngvLASaL9.png84.png
An officer intern's source of life A pleasant scent fills the air With an herbal and chocolatey flair Warm drinks made to warm the soul A happier worker is the goal Energy to boost the rest of your day Made to shoo your lethargy away Could not go too long without Of that I'm sure there are no doubts [quote name="Dylan"]Actually, I'm not that big a fan of bitter coffee or tea, but I do like them when they're really sweet.[/quote]
An officer intern's source of life

A pleasant scent fills the air
With an herbal and chocolatey flair
Warm drinks made to warm the soul
A happier worker is the goal
Energy to boost the rest of your day
Made to shoo your lethargy away
Could not go too long without
Of that I'm sure there are no doubts

Dylan wrote:
Actually, I'm not that big a fan of bitter coffee or tea, but I do like them when they're really sweet.

ROyFQqy.pngscruffy.pngpotato.pngcorgisinger.pnggYfRVnU.png
Making drinks for others
A comforting rythm, once learned
Ingredients mixed and flavored to taste
An energizing boost
For a long working day
Making drinks for others
A comforting rythm, once learned
Ingredients mixed and flavored to taste
An energizing boost
For a long working day
windh8.png