Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [BSJ] Design Your Own Light Dragon!
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 71 72
I would name her Himawari. The name itself represents the sunflower. One character of the name has a meaning of advancing or approaching towards something, like her search for a clan. The next character is the sun itself, showing her affinity towards the light. The last character of her name is a flower, and together they make up the entirety of her name, a sunflower in celebration of Brightshine Jubilee!
I would name her Himawari. The name itself represents the sunflower. One character of the name has a meaning of advancing or approaching towards something, like her search for a clan. The next character is the sun itself, showing her affinity towards the light. The last character of her name is a flower, and together they make up the entirety of her name, a sunflower in celebration of Brightshine Jubilee!
Kunikuzushi
I would name my pearlcatcher Orinthia. I wanted a name that signified her intelligence as well as her colors - literally, both meanings of "bright."
I would name my pearlcatcher Orinthia. I wanted a name that signified her intelligence as well as her colors - literally, both meanings of "bright."
tumblr_o8bdqi2D0C1tddvg0o2_1280.png
I'd go with Alma. It means "soul" in my language. First of all, I like the sound it has. And I think the meaning is beautiful. I think it's fitting for her looks, she reminds me of some kind of light priestess, both devoted but also with a beautiful voice. So it would be kind of the song of her soul? I don't know, but it seems fitting
I'd go with Alma. It means "soul" in my language. First of all, I like the sound it has. And I think the meaning is beautiful. I think it's fitting for her looks, she reminds me of some kind of light priestess, both devoted but also with a beautiful voice. So it would be kind of the song of her soul? I don't know, but it seems fitting
gxI7g1F.png
I was probably going to go with “Lumen”. The concepts of light and knowledge go hand in hand, even in the real world, and as a Light dragon and a librarian, she would “enlighten” and “illuminate” my clan in more ways than one.
I was probably going to go with “Lumen”. The concepts of light and knowledge go hand in hand, even in the real world, and as a Light dragon and a librarian, she would “enlighten” and “illuminate” my clan in more ways than one.
V9b7SpH.png sig_button.png
Her name would be Canna- her name taken by the beautiful orange and yelloow flowers growing about the Galiel clan. [img]https://www.almanac.com/sites/default/files/styles/opengraph/public/image_nodes/canna_tropicanna_3_varieties.jpg[/img]
Her name would be Canna- her name taken by the beautiful orange and yelloow flowers growing about the Galiel clan.

canna_tropicanna_3_varieties.jpg
punkinator919_by_pyromaniacalbonsai-dc5zq7l.gif
[center][b][emoji=light rune size=1] Zora[/b] [emoji=light rune size=1][/center] ----- Hey, I just think [b]Zora's[/b] a neat name! It's simple, a bit different, and in my language it actually means [i]"dawn."[/i] The scry I made has oranges, soft yellow, and blues--just like the dawn--so it feels perfect!
Zora

Hey, I just think Zora's a neat name! It's simple, a bit different, and in my language it actually means "dawn." The scry I made has oranges, soft yellow, and blues--just like the dawn--so it feels perfect!
Banner_2.png
SKIN SHOP
tumblr_inline_o23f1raLV11r3lvtf_500.png
Not gonna lie, I'm already emotionally attached to her, and may or may not have been thinking of names since I scry'd her...

My top few ideas were Hope, Faith, Alina (meaning light, beautiful or noble), Oralee (meaning my light, with both literal and religious connotation), Thea (greek goddess of light), Zia (meaning light or splendor) and Mahina (both the Hawaiian word "moon" and reference to the lunar deity Hina).

Looking at her scry, I think that of those options I would go with Alina. The muddied origin of the name, hailing from multiple cultures and thus having multiple meanings, works well with how I imagine her. "Light" in both the literal and metaphorical sense, she can guide someone to safety from the darkness. "Beautiful" as she is gorgeous in appearance with a golden heart to match. "Noble", referring to noble traits or actions, having strong morals and ideals, though perhaps she has a noble status as well....

Alina

To make things easier, with every post I'll summarize the previous posts of the week for Alina.

Day One Final Answer - Scry: Nocturne, Fade, Constellation, Firefly
Day Two Final Answer - Name: Alina (meaning light, beautiful and/or noble)
Not gonna lie, I'm already emotionally attached to her, and may or may not have been thinking of names since I scry'd her...

My top few ideas were Hope, Faith, Alina (meaning light, beautiful or noble), Oralee (meaning my light, with both literal and religious connotation), Thea (greek goddess of light), Zia (meaning light or splendor) and Mahina (both the Hawaiian word "moon" and reference to the lunar deity Hina).

Looking at her scry, I think that of those options I would go with Alina. The muddied origin of the name, hailing from multiple cultures and thus having multiple meanings, works well with how I imagine her. "Light" in both the literal and metaphorical sense, she can guide someone to safety from the darkness. "Beautiful" as she is gorgeous in appearance with a golden heart to match. "Noble", referring to noble traits or actions, having strong morals and ideals, though perhaps she has a noble status as well....

Alina

To make things easier, with every post I'll summarize the previous posts of the week for Alina.

Day One Final Answer - Scry: Nocturne, Fade, Constellation, Firefly
Day Two Final Answer - Name: Alina (meaning light, beautiful and/or noble)
demisexual-hearts.png eVePoiw.gifF7794255-4279-4-C5-A-8883-0-E7-D9-C0-DC375.png feather_badge_v1_small.png
challenge 2:

my name idea is Nacria - prounounced NAY-kree-uh. Nacre is another name for mother-of-pearl, since she's a PC and the light aesthetic often features pearls. Nacreous clouds are a very cool kind of polar stratospheric cloud that appear glowing and iridescent due to their composition, and that ties in well with her iridescent primary. i took those terms and just made them sound a bit more like a name :)
challenge 2:

my name idea is Nacria - prounounced NAY-kree-uh. Nacre is another name for mother-of-pearl, since she's a PC and the light aesthetic often features pearls. Nacreous clouds are a very cool kind of polar stratospheric cloud that appear glowing and iridescent due to their composition, and that ties in well with her iridescent primary. i took those terms and just made them sound a bit more like a name :)
H5OffQr.gif betty
they/them
FRT+3
d4LKApX.gif
[quote name="Stannum" date="2020-06-21 05:37:38" ] [columns] [i]Let me be a Spiral dancing in the morning sky; let me take joy simply in being a child of Light.[/i] Of all the current breeds in Sornieth, the [b]Spiral[/b] seems to me to be the most cheerful; hence, it was my first choice for this festival challenge. I chose [b]Peach Metallic[/b] and [b]Sanddollar Edged[/b] to achieve a consistent pattern. Metallic also provides a reflective contrast for [b]Marigold Opal[/b], which evokes both sun and sky. [b]Happy Brightshine to all![/b] [nextcol] [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=105&bodygene=17&breed=7&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=75&tertgene=17&winggene=26&wings=110&auth=25edeeec9d9a2b250f1de90897bf13012f979609&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] [/columns] [/quote] In naming my modern Gen 1s, I try to find Japanese names befitting each dragon, and to write a single line relating the name to my concept of the dragon's personality. Though I myself am not Japanese, I enjoy the sound and nuance of the language, and find fulfillment in coming up with a name that hints at a unique backstory, or is descriptive of the individual dragon. In keeping with my particular naming convention, I would call this lady [center][b]Shinrei[/b] [size=1](heart + spirit)[/size] [i]Shine from within.[/i] [/center]
Stannum wrote on 2020-06-21 05:37:38:
Let me be a Spiral dancing in the morning sky; let me take joy simply in being a child of Light.

Of all the current breeds in Sornieth, the Spiral seems to me to be the most cheerful; hence, it was my first choice for this festival challenge. I chose Peach Metallic and Sanddollar Edged to achieve a consistent pattern. Metallic also provides a reflective contrast for Marigold Opal, which evokes both sun and sky.

Happy Brightshine to all!
dragon?age=1&body=105&bodygene=17&breed=7&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=75&tertgene=17&winggene=26&wings=110&auth=25edeeec9d9a2b250f1de90897bf13012f979609&dummyext=prev.png

In naming my modern Gen 1s, I try to find Japanese names befitting each dragon, and to write a single line relating the name to my concept of the dragon's personality. Though I myself am not Japanese, I enjoy the sound and nuance of the language, and find fulfillment in coming up with a name that hints at a unique backstory, or is descriptive of the individual dragon. In keeping with my particular naming convention, I would call this lady
Shinrei
(heart + spirit)

Shine from within.
QyZZPnS.png

and RKxUK43.png
[quote name="VeniVidiVici" date="2020-06-21 07:06:44" ] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=105&bodygene=4&breed=7&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=75&tertgene=18&winggene=13&wings=110&auth=92886ca5ef6ac7c93ce3f13d83f4e1fcd00b2785&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Spiral- Speckle/Butterfly/Capsul I really love the color's, and thought it'd be fitting for softer genes, the secondary and tertiary being really matchy, capsule having brighter coloring and the wings matching it, with the body being much softer so it's not too busy [/quote] I'd love to name her Diell! Means sun in my language, and she looks like a drop of sunlight, I really love her
VeniVidiVici wrote on 2020-06-21 07:06:44:
dragon?age=1&body=105&bodygene=4&breed=7&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=75&tertgene=18&winggene=13&wings=110&auth=92886ca5ef6ac7c93ce3f13d83f4e1fcd00b2785&dummyext=prev.png
Spiral- Speckle/Butterfly/Capsul

I really love the color's, and thought it'd be fitting for softer genes, the secondary and tertiary being really matchy, capsule having brighter coloring and the wings matching it, with the body being much softer so it's not too busy

I'd love to name her Diell! Means sun in my language, and she looks like a drop of sunlight, I really love her
Jar of Vapors I collect Bottled Embers and Jar Of Vapors!
WishList
Bottled Embers
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 71 72