Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [GG] Whimsical Windows 2020 [CLOSED]
1 2 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
Saturday
Got my scries in, and thank you for the reminder about the hub badges :)
Saturday
Got my scries in, and thank you for the reminder about the hub badges :)

alyblaith / aly
NatDom org team

===========
• they/her
• queer
• neurodivergent
===========
trade adopts
===========
== Ink wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push.
Lore Task Saturday:

My dragons have enjoyed the festival. Only Pousseth spent much time in the Coliseum, because she's obsessive about it, and insisted on continuing to train kites. Didn't do much farming for currency, just took what we got over the course of leveling, plus extras from last year. The Weyr can afford to buy skins directly from vendors, and Kittesheth keeps funds coming in with Artifracture. Other dragons enjoyed looking for bargains, and we now have them all the new Nature skins, along with a handful of mossy chests. We enjoyed Wild Words, Trivial Pursuit FR Riddles, the Guessing Game, and Whimsical Windows, as well as the badge tasks at the Event Hub. We plan to get onto some ping lists for next time, so we don't show up late and lose out on chances.
Lore Task Saturday:

My dragons have enjoyed the festival. Only Pousseth spent much time in the Coliseum, because she's obsessive about it, and insisted on continuing to train kites. Didn't do much farming for currency, just took what we got over the course of leveling, plus extras from last year. The Weyr can afford to buy skins directly from vendors, and Kittesheth keeps funds coming in with Artifracture. Other dragons enjoyed looking for bargains, and we now have them all the new Nature skins, along with a handful of mossy chests. We enjoyed Wild Words, Trivial Pursuit FR Riddles, the Guessing Game, and Whimsical Windows, as well as the badge tasks at the Event Hub. We plan to get onto some ping lists for next time, so we don't show up late and lose out on chances.
pSn2GKM.png If you like them, please Like them!
Friday 5/31/2020 entry Whimsical Windows (day late)

Lore Task: Sometimes it takes a creative approach to successfully master a game. This can be anything from artistic talent to being able to think outside the box. Tell us about your creative dragons!

My lair is full of creative types. Essentially the clan is a giant LARP group whose sole purpose (outside of their duty to Earthshaker), is participating in an experiment in their off-duty time where they take on the “persona” of individuals of the fantasy race called “Whoz.”* They then recreate the fantasy world of “Dirt,” specifically its arts, sciences and martial endeavors in its most glorious “historical” periods: the “Roman,” “Medieval” and “Renaissance” Ages.** The name of their LARP experience is the Society for Creative Role Play (SCRP or "Society"). To fund their life-style they opened up an Inn and Fertility Spa for guests in Cairnstone Rest (motto: "Forget your cares and take a rest at Cairnstone Rest!"). They also sell their artisan-made luxury products at the great Auction House and trade with other clans.

*The Whoz are a weird half-centaur mixed race --the upper half is a centaur while the lower half is ape-like. As an interesting aside, males of this race are called “Who-manz” and females are called “Who-wo-manz, while the hatchlings for some reason are called “Kidz”.

**Clan members choose to pretend to be Whoz because while there are dragons mentioned in Dirt Lore they seem to mostly live at places called “Pottery” [China] and “Big Fish” [Wales] and ”Pirate Raiders Land” [Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark] and never get to wear cool apparel or eat interestingly prepared foods.

The whole Society experience is based on some ancient historical texts found, translated, edited and updated for a dragon audience by their clan chronicler, Pocketmayhem, a bestselling-“fantasy” author in Sornieth. Pocketmayhem writes her books under a pseudonym because she is shy of the lime-light
Friday 5/31/2020 entry Whimsical Windows (day late)

Lore Task: Sometimes it takes a creative approach to successfully master a game. This can be anything from artistic talent to being able to think outside the box. Tell us about your creative dragons!

My lair is full of creative types. Essentially the clan is a giant LARP group whose sole purpose (outside of their duty to Earthshaker), is participating in an experiment in their off-duty time where they take on the “persona” of individuals of the fantasy race called “Whoz.”* They then recreate the fantasy world of “Dirt,” specifically its arts, sciences and martial endeavors in its most glorious “historical” periods: the “Roman,” “Medieval” and “Renaissance” Ages.** The name of their LARP experience is the Society for Creative Role Play (SCRP or "Society"). To fund their life-style they opened up an Inn and Fertility Spa for guests in Cairnstone Rest (motto: "Forget your cares and take a rest at Cairnstone Rest!"). They also sell their artisan-made luxury products at the great Auction House and trade with other clans.

*The Whoz are a weird half-centaur mixed race --the upper half is a centaur while the lower half is ape-like. As an interesting aside, males of this race are called “Who-manz” and females are called “Who-wo-manz, while the hatchlings for some reason are called “Kidz”.

**Clan members choose to pretend to be Whoz because while there are dragons mentioned in Dirt Lore they seem to mostly live at places called “Pottery” [China] and “Big Fish” [Wales] and ”Pirate Raiders Land” [Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark] and never get to wear cool apparel or eat interestingly prepared foods.

The whole Society experience is based on some ancient historical texts found, translated, edited and updated for a dragon audience by their clan chronicler, Pocketmayhem, a bestselling-“fantasy” author in Sornieth. Pocketmayhem writes her books under a pseudonym because she is shy of the lime-light
earthshaker.png
Saturday:
oh shoot, totally forgot to do the hub badges! thanks for the reminder <3

Lore Task:
As soon as my dragon's realized it was Greenskeeper's, they ran off to play games. You better bet we touched every event we could! We spent way too much puzzling over trivial pursuit and arguing over who has the best vocabulary in Wild Words, but I think my dragons had fun! Well, except for my mire flyer, who's been working nonstop to train up dragons for the upcoming battle.
Saturday:
oh shoot, totally forgot to do the hub badges! thanks for the reminder <3

Lore Task:
As soon as my dragon's realized it was Greenskeeper's, they ran off to play games. You better bet we touched every event we could! We spent way too much puzzling over trivial pursuit and arguing over who has the best vocabulary in Wild Words, but I think my dragons had fun! Well, except for my mire flyer, who's been working nonstop to train up dragons for the upcoming battle.
"link • ufology
they/he/she
I caught up with all the chess badges! I had no idea they were a thing x'D I also did Wednesdays' Trivial Pursuit, I'm pretty sure. For Thursday, one of my most competitive dragons is ,without a doubt, Slim: [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43637432] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/436375/43637432_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] He's not afraid to push other dragons out of his way to get what he wants, being the center of his own world. He'll start a fight if he feels someone thinks they're better than him, regardless of how wise it is to do so, and will stop at nothing to win! And for Friday, I colored this! [img]https://i.imgur.com/O2qjsjt.png[/img]
I caught up with all the chess badges! I had no idea they were a thing x'D

I also did Wednesdays' Trivial Pursuit, I'm pretty sure.

For Thursday, one of my most competitive dragons is ,without a doubt, Slim:
He's not afraid to push other dragons out of his way to get what he wants, being the center of his own world. He'll start a fight if he feels someone thinks they're better than him, regardless of how wise it is to do so, and will stop at nothing to win!

And for Friday, I colored this!

O2qjsjt.png
uEaal4H.gif x
x
Cowboy / Seb
he/him
FR+3
tumblr_inline_ofoo1lSs6W1tfmvub_100.png
Posting the days I missed! [u]Sunday[/u] [quote]Lore Task: We're going to be talking about games this week! Games can be played for many reasons, from pure recreation to being used as teaching tools. What sort of significance do board games (or games in general) have in your clan? Are they used for clan-bonding and relaxing? Or are they reserved for hatchlings? Tell us all about it! Alternatively, if your clan doesn't play games, tell us why![/quote] I've never really thought much about games in my clan, but if I were to link it to something... [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=17691&tab=dragon&did=84629]my progen[/url] would probably watch over some games with the hatchlings. I imagine she's usually lounging around somewhere watching the young dragons have their own fun and making sure they don't get into trouble! [u]Monday[/u] [quote]Lore Task: Adventure awaits. Your clan is sending a small party off on an epic quest to retrieve a magical artifact. Who is your party leader? Tell us about them![/quote] The party leader would definitely be [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=17691&tab=dragon&did=848885]Khan[/url] for sure. She's got the chops to take on many enemies, and the pep talk necessary to motivate a small party! A top pick for sure! She's also my first coli dragon outside of my progens, so with that comes a lot of experience!
Posting the days I missed!

Sunday
Quote:
Lore Task: We're going to be talking about games this week! Games can be played for many reasons, from pure recreation to being used as teaching tools. What sort of significance do board games (or games in general) have in your clan? Are they used for clan-bonding and relaxing? Or are they reserved for hatchlings? Tell us all about it! Alternatively, if your clan doesn't play games, tell us why!
I've never really thought much about games in my clan, but if I were to link it to something... my progen would probably watch over some games with the hatchlings. I imagine she's usually lounging around somewhere watching the young dragons have their own fun and making sure they don't get into trouble!

Monday
Quote:
Lore Task: Adventure awaits. Your clan is sending a small party off on an epic quest to retrieve a magical artifact. Who is your party leader? Tell us about them!
The party leader would definitely be Khan for sure. She's got the chops to take on many enemies, and the pep talk necessary to motivate a small party! A top pick for sure! She's also my first coli dragon outside of my progens, so with that comes a lot of experience!
Kunikuzushi
[quote]Our Game-a-thon is coming to a close. Tell us about how your dragons participated in this year's festival. Did you stop by every event? Maybe just one or two caught your eye? Perhaps you spent way too much time in the coli. Tell us about it![/quote] Clan Thunder Hollow got pretty excited about this event! Typically, most of the clan stays home and partakes in local festivities, but this year a solid portion of the populace went! As such, Thunder Hollow had a presence in most of the events, particularly those with a basis on lore. Ivey, the nature rep, explored the Labyrinth; Janus, a lover of games and tricks, was roped into the Viridian adventure; Chloris, the groundskeeper, had some good old fashioned fun at Pictionary; Matriarch Storm and her zoologically-minded friends participated at the Sornieth Naturalist's Society. A lot of pure Nature-flight fun was had this Greenskeeper's, and, of course, the warriors couldn't help setting out in seek of some goodies in the Coliseum, too!
Quote:
Our Game-a-thon is coming to a close. Tell us about how your dragons participated in this year's festival. Did you stop by every event? Maybe just one or two caught your eye? Perhaps you spent way too much time in the coli. Tell us about it!

Clan Thunder Hollow got pretty excited about this event! Typically, most of the clan stays home and partakes in local festivities, but this year a solid portion of the populace went! As such, Thunder Hollow had a presence in most of the events, particularly those with a basis on lore. Ivey, the nature rep, explored the Labyrinth; Janus, a lover of games and tricks, was roped into the Viridian adventure; Chloris, the groundskeeper, had some good old fashioned fun at Pictionary; Matriarch Storm and her zoologically-minded friends participated at the Sornieth Naturalist's Society. A lot of pure Nature-flight fun was had this Greenskeeper's, and, of course, the warriors couldn't help setting out in seek of some goodies in the Coliseum, too!
LhnYpua.png s3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-l11-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-m36-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-s16-book.pngB7_R.png
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »
|| 2+ FR Time | She/Her | The Calm Before the Storm | fr__lightning_by_baelfin-d8uyn76.png fr__beastclans_by_baelfin-d92uyiw.png ||

• { Lockedown } - Chill Biolocke + Necrolocke
• { Thunder Hollow } - Clan Lore [WIP]

{ Assets: x x x }
eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
day 7: i posted a scry to the scrying challenge!
day 7: i posted a scry to the scrying challenge!
iQrvnPv.png
My clan is a bit worn out from the push last week, so we did a handful of the low-key events. It was fun to stop by every day and see the new challenges and badges! The riddles were probably my favorite, it was fun combing through the database to figure them out. I also did Earth's scavenger hunt that we hold every fest, though not as intensely as usual. My coli hand is tired! Thanks for a great GG, everyone [emoji=snapper love size=1] edit: oops, just realized i missed yesterday! gotta complete the badge set.... Khupira is one of the most creative dragons in my clan. she runs the general store but has turned it into a tea shop and fashion emporium as well as a place to buy necessary provisions. she designs clothes and gives scrying advice as well as hosting whatever the dragon equivalent of an open mic night is. she seeks out artisans and crafters in the area to stock her shop with the most beautiful and useful objects so even mundane tasks can be made joyful. ironically she could use a new outfit, but she's been so busy helping everyone else look fabulous that she just hasn't gotten around to it! [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42158546] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/421586/42158546_350.png[/img] [/url]
My clan is a bit worn out from the push last week, so we did a handful of the low-key events. It was fun to stop by every day and see the new challenges and badges! The riddles were probably my favorite, it was fun combing through the database to figure them out. I also did Earth's scavenger hunt that we hold every fest, though not as intensely as usual. My coli hand is tired! Thanks for a great GG, everyone

edit:

oops, just realized i missed yesterday! gotta complete the badge set....

Khupira is one of the most creative dragons in my clan. she runs the general store but has turned it into a tea shop and fashion emporium as well as a place to buy necessary provisions. she designs clothes and gives scrying advice as well as hosting whatever the dragon equivalent of an open mic night is. she seeks out artisans and crafters in the area to stock her shop with the most beautiful and useful objects so even mundane tasks can be made joyful. ironically she could use a new outfit, but she's been so busy helping everyone else look fabulous that she just hasn't gotten around to it!

42158546_350.png
H5OffQr.gif betty
they/them
FRT+3
d4LKApX.gif
played higher or lower and got 15 right!

also have participated in most of the other events, it's been a good time. I had a lot of fun! thanks nature folks!
played higher or lower and got 15 right!

also have participated in most of the other events, it's been a good time. I had a lot of fun! thanks nature folks!
windh8.png
1 2 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50