Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [GG]Real-Life Scavenger Hunt 2020-CLOSED
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 29 30
@Juxta13 I unexpectedly got a 9 week old kitten thrust upon me this Tuesday, so I've been, uh... slightly swamped, to say the least (at this point I'm not sure I've slept. ever. in my entire life). [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2847485/13#post_43401698]Last-minute update[/url] with anything I could find... 5, 7, 8, 16, 18, 19, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 49. I really wish this week didn't suddenly turn my life upside down, I was really eyeing that gorgeous badge [emoji=coatl sad size=1] Oh and always nice to meet someone who's familiar with chronic illness terminology, and very thoughtful of you to link that pdf in case I wasn't :) I just explained the spoon theory to a friend yesterday, too! :)
@Juxta13
I unexpectedly got a 9 week old kitten thrust upon me this Tuesday, so I've been, uh... slightly swamped, to say the least (at this point I'm not sure I've slept. ever. in my entire life).

Last-minute update with anything I could find... 5, 7, 8, 16, 18, 19, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 49.

I really wish this week didn't suddenly turn my life upside down, I was really eyeing that gorgeous badge

Oh and always nice to meet someone who's familiar with chronic illness terminology, and very thoughtful of you to link that pdf in case I wasn't :) I just explained the spoon theory to a friend yesterday, too! :)
~~ Call me Beato!
MUYNhfy.png
v2PJF9u.png
Aswnqzl.png

FObX7rS.png
7UXlQKU.gif
WyzHFF3.gif glnLzx2.gif WyzHFF3.gif wtae0IEm_o.pngxb40JV1.png
@Juxta13, just completed #48 and #50. Updated post.
@Juxta13, just completed #48 and #50. Updated post.
GNG7q0I.png
about
wishlist
journal

2021-08-07_Katsuji2.png
*squeak!*
@Airplanefoxx
Wow! I think you definitely have one of the most elaborate nametags! I can tell you tried to arrange your pictures very artistically. If you decide aeronautical engineering isn't working, you might try graphical design! You have some fascinating airplane items - particularly your puzzle. Very nicely written review.

@GrimdarkRoxy
You managed to find a way to include a cloud (and a very creative one too)!

@RaiStarDragon
I'm glad you were able to lure Cinder out for a picture. You did it! You're done with maximum point value! Feel free to claim the completion badge.

@Elyrion
You added quite a bit! Yes, those color items all count. For a late entry, you managed to get through most of it!

@ryttu3k
You finished! That metal item might not be game-related, but it is certainly fascinating. You even managed to make a Nature game. Feel free to claim the completion badge!

@Elodee
What a lovely cloud picture. So, what is the game you have for #16? It looks like an old classice, but it is one that I don't recognize. - I really appreciate that you gave each of your characters a little backstory. - Yes, spoons could absolutely be played on the ground. And with that... feel free to claim the completion badge!

@Solstices
Yes indeed! You finished, and you managed to create a game to encourage math skills. Feel free to claim the completion badge!

@Beatoriche
Fantastic! You were able to add so much! Especially considering the kitten-tending, that was quite an accomplishment. And, speaking on not sleeping... what am I still doing here? (Trying to make sure everything gets recorded just in case something gets changed after the deadline!)

@Katsuji
Wow! That game is incredible, and the artwork is amazing! I bet you could find quite a few people that would be willing to do an actual play-through. I wonder if it would work through Discord. Feel free to claim the completion badge.
@Airplanefoxx
Wow! I think you definitely have one of the most elaborate nametags! I can tell you tried to arrange your pictures very artistically. If you decide aeronautical engineering isn't working, you might try graphical design! You have some fascinating airplane items - particularly your puzzle. Very nicely written review.

@GrimdarkRoxy
You managed to find a way to include a cloud (and a very creative one too)!

@RaiStarDragon
I'm glad you were able to lure Cinder out for a picture. You did it! You're done with maximum point value! Feel free to claim the completion badge.

@Elyrion
You added quite a bit! Yes, those color items all count. For a late entry, you managed to get through most of it!

@ryttu3k
You finished! That metal item might not be game-related, but it is certainly fascinating. You even managed to make a Nature game. Feel free to claim the completion badge!

@Elodee
What a lovely cloud picture. So, what is the game you have for #16? It looks like an old classice, but it is one that I don't recognize. - I really appreciate that you gave each of your characters a little backstory. - Yes, spoons could absolutely be played on the ground. And with that... feel free to claim the completion badge!

@Solstices
Yes indeed! You finished, and you managed to create a game to encourage math skills. Feel free to claim the completion badge!

@Beatoriche
Fantastic! You were able to add so much! Especially considering the kitten-tending, that was quite an accomplishment. And, speaking on not sleeping... what am I still doing here? (Trying to make sure everything gets recorded just in case something gets changed after the deadline!)

@Katsuji
Wow! That game is incredible, and the artwork is amazing! I bet you could find quite a few people that would be willing to do an actual play-through. I wonder if it would work through Discord. Feel free to claim the completion badge.
Y5AUp2a.gif .. 9XAwiUY.png .
Never put your faith in a Prince.
When you require a miracle,
trust in a Witch.
Okay everyone... I think I am all caught up to here.
NO CHANGES AFTER ROLLOVER!!
I will check back in the morning for any last-minute additions.
Okay everyone... I think I am all caught up to here.
NO CHANGES AFTER ROLLOVER!!
I will check back in the morning for any last-minute additions.
Y5AUp2a.gif .. 9XAwiUY.png .
Never put your faith in a Prince.
When you require a miracle,
trust in a Witch.
[b]Username:[/b] Zulaya [b]Challenge:[/b] #1 - Introduce yourself! - 5 points (no photo needed) Tell us about yourself! How long have you been here? What flight are you in? What do you like most about the site? Anything you like! Hello! I've been on fr for over two years now and in Wind the whole time! I initially joined because of my love for dragons but have since come to enjoy the community and everything the site and people have to offer! (also I gotta admit this '''entry''' is really late but eh, I was busy this week so I figured i could at least do a few of the non photo challenges right?) [b]Challenge:[/b] #12 - Who will be representing your lair? - 5 points (no photo needed) Show off your best Nature-themed dragon [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42330921] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/423310/42330921_350.png[/img] [/url] Mesa! [b]Challenge:[/b] #40 - Scrabble! - 5 points per letter (max 50) (no photo needed) Put together a nature word using Flight Rising items, but you can't use the same item twice. The more letters, the more points! a note: I've seen these types of terms written both with spaces and hyphens so I'm just writing it with hyphens (hope y'all allow hyphenated words) [item=Satin Rambra][item=Ethereal Trickster][item=Radiant Flutterbun][item=Algae-Bottom Slarg][item=Melon Squirmscoot][item=Acid-Tongue Serpenta]---[item=Boolean][item=Ampelope][item=Nightfall Imp][item=Treehorn Wolpertinger][item=Agol][item=Melon Marzal]---[item=Curious Kettle][item=Harlequin Stagwing][item=Irradiated Astronomer][item=Cloud Chaser][item=King Parda][item=Enduring Goblin][item=Noggle] [b]Challenge:[/b] #41 - Articulate! (aka Taboo) - 20 points (no photo needed) Describe something in nature without actually naming the object. Don't tell me! Let's see if you can describe it well enough for me to guess! semi-aquatic, typically brown, sometimes pink, can regrow limbs, quadruped, sometimes kept as pets
Username: Zulaya

Challenge: #1 - Introduce yourself! - 5 points
(no photo needed) Tell us about yourself! How long have you been here? What flight are you in? What do you like most about the site? Anything you like!

Hello! I've been on fr for over two years now and in Wind the whole time! I initially joined because of my love for dragons but have since come to enjoy the community and everything the site and people have to offer! (also I gotta admit this '''entry''' is really late but eh, I was busy this week so I figured i could at least do a few of the non photo challenges right?)

Challenge: #12 - Who will be representing your lair? - 5 points
(no photo needed) Show off your best Nature-themed dragon

42330921_350.png

Mesa!

Challenge: #40 - Scrabble! - 5 points per letter (max 50)
(no photo needed) Put together a nature word using Flight Rising items, but you can't use the same item twice. The more letters, the more points!
a note: I've seen these types of terms written both with spaces and hyphens so I'm just writing it with hyphens (hope y'all allow hyphenated words)
Satin Rambra Ethereal Trickster Radiant Flutterbun Algae-Bottom Slarg Melon Squirmscoot Acid-Tongue Serpenta --- Boolean Ampelope Nightfall Imp Treehorn Wolpertinger Agol Melon Marzal --- Curious Kettle Harlequin Stagwing Irradiated Astronomer Cloud Chaser King Parda Enduring Goblin Noggle

Challenge: #41 - Articulate! (aka Taboo) - 20 points
(no photo needed) Describe something in nature without actually naming the object. Don't tell me! Let's see if you can describe it well enough for me to guess!
semi-aquatic, typically brown, sometimes pink, can regrow limbs, quadruped, sometimes kept as pets
windh8.png
@Juxta13

I actually don't know the name of the game. I found it in an antique shop/flee market outside of Malmö, Sweden. The old man who sold it to me told me it was handmade and taught me how to play it.

It's pretty simple - it's very similar to the game Sorry. You try to get your pieces around the board and into the center by rolling die. You can only bring one peg out onto the board at once, but if another player hops onto you peg, you get sent back to the start. The first player to get all their pieces to the middle is the winner!
@Juxta13

I actually don't know the name of the game. I found it in an antique shop/flee market outside of Malmö, Sweden. The old man who sold it to me told me it was handmade and taught me how to play it.

It's pretty simple - it's very similar to the game Sorry. You try to get your pieces around the board and into the center by rolling die. You can only bring one peg out onto the board at once, but if another player hops onto you peg, you get sent back to the start. The first player to get all their pieces to the middle is the winner!
@Juxta13

I'm so sorry, I've been steadily working on this since Wednesday, but I haven't been pinging you, but I realise now that I should have been, so that you're not lumped with it all at the last moment. Plus, I might need to flesh out my Taboo clue!

So here's a ping, but I'm not finished yet! Going to have lunch and take a photo of that now :)

PS, Yes, Sagrada is a super pretty game. My bestie bought it for me a while back. The very first game we played, Kadji came in just as we were on the last round and in my efforts to pick him up off the table and put him on a chair instead, he jumped out of my arms and scattered all the dice from my game board all over the room!

Edit: Oops - here's the link!! My post
@Juxta13

I'm so sorry, I've been steadily working on this since Wednesday, but I haven't been pinging you, but I realise now that I should have been, so that you're not lumped with it all at the last moment. Plus, I might need to flesh out my Taboo clue!

So here's a ping, but I'm not finished yet! Going to have lunch and take a photo of that now :)

PS, Yes, Sagrada is a super pretty game. My bestie bought it for me a while back. The very first game we played, Kadji came in just as we were on the last round and in my efforts to pick him up off the table and put him on a chair instead, he jumped out of my arms and scattered all the dice from my game board all over the room!

Edit: Oops - here's the link!! My post
Ink wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push. D9tBovl.png w8o0xW1.png
@Juxta13
I added a few more to my post, 11, 19, 22, 23, 25, 26, 30-38, and 39, I think. This is probably all the entries I will have.
@Juxta13
I added a few more to my post, 11, 19, 22, 23, 25, 26, 30-38, and 39, I think. This is probably all the entries I will have.
uwbVMX0.png URmjjdo.png Wishlist
@Juxta13
Hello! Thank you for your feedback. All challenges have been completed with the exception of the one regarding the ping (I... have a feeling it's too late for that :P). For easier reference, the original post can be found at the link. Thanks for running this! It was an honor and a pleasure to participate.
@Juxta13
Hello! Thank you for your feedback. All challenges have been completed with the exception of the one regarding the ping (I... have a feeling it's too late for that :P). For easier reference, the original post can be found at the link. Thanks for running this! It was an honor and a pleasure to participate.
83-DD9-CC7-D26-D-40-CD-A87-C-14-D8-FAF4674-C.jpg

1-EDB52-**-5-C78-4-E7-E-B149-36-DE6752275-C.jpg 2733-C5-A9-5459-490-A-9442-3-DA8-EED991-CD.jpg B7-C1-C426-FB93-4-AB6-B5-F7-816708-A033-A8.gif

beastclanshavedomdiscount.gif
Female, FR +1.
6klg2iF.png
iwtfhg_by_intimer_genetics_inc-d9wq4o5.png Oh look! My obsession paid off!
tumblr_inline_nbwjccPnMm1qkfp12.png
Doing this for the badge! #1 [quote]Tell us about yourself! How long have you been here? What flight are you in? What do you like most about the site? Anything you like[/quote] I'm Dessy. I'm from the Light Flight and have been here a very long time! My original flight was Lightning. I like dressing up dragons or spending time in the coli. Registration [columns] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3565959] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/35660/3565959.png[/img] [/url] [nextcol] Fantastical will be representing my lair. He's the most nature-themed dragon! I don't have lore for him but he's based off a druid or a wood spirit. [/columns]
Doing this for the badge!

Quote:
Tell us about yourself! How long have you been here? What flight are you in? What do you like most about the site? Anything you like
I'm Dessy. I'm from the Light Flight and have been here a very long time! My original flight was Lightning. I like dressing up dragons or spending time in the coli.

Registration

3565959.png
Fantastical will be representing my lair. He's the most nature-themed dragon! I don't have lore for him but he's based off a druid or a wood spirit.
Kunikuzushi
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 29 30