Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | The Skull Syndicate [Story/Fodderlocke]
1 2
[img]http://i.imgur.com/2sUBT6r.png[/img] [center][size=7][font=Castellar]The Skull Syndicate[/size][/center] [center][size=3][font=Castellar]A [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2806527/1]Fodderlocke[/url][/size][/center] [center][emoji=deer skull size=1][/center] [i]Lost deep within the Scarred Wasteland, scavenging among the tendrils and disease, stands a clan of dragons. A local nuisance to the dragons of the Plague, they pillage, loot and wreak havoc their unsuspecting neighbours under the guidance of their leader, the Bone King (or queen,) who upholds the few laws that unite the criminals together. What are their goals? To get loot and bones, of course! But as with all gatherings of people-and especially criminals-this purpose easily gets lost in the hunger for power, love and...more money and skulls. Will the Skull Syndicate get their bones? Will they fail almost immediately? Only time will tell. [/i] [center][emoji=deer skull size=1][/center] Unlike many people, the Coli and Fodder grinding are the bane of my existence-I find it tedious and boring, and I cannot bring myself to grind for long periods of time. But I also know that, if I want to dress my dragons up and give them cool art and bios, I need money. And the Coli is how you make money. So, like many people, when I read over the rules of the Fodderlocke, I immediately said "that sounds cool, I want to do that!" and so, here I am, and here we are. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942/1#post_42629317][b]Want to get right to the story? Click here.[/b][/url][/center] ----- [center][size=5][font=Castellar]Rules[/size][/center] [center]Based on the original rules by squidragon, with some edits by me. [/center] [b]Getting Started:[/b] You need your first disposable fodder child, naturally. But this is not just any disposal fodder child. They are the founder of your new squad of completely horrible criminals. [LIST=1] [*]Buy yourself the cheapest adult dragon off the auction house. Appearance doesn’t matter when your only goal in life is to do crime. [*]Level that dragon to 8. They must be stronger than their recruits. Strength is valuable. Important.. Vital to not being backstabbed. They must always wear the Bone King's garbs in order to show their superiority. [*]If any dragon ever passes them in level, that dragon takes over as the new leader. Exalt the old leader. They must be banished in shame. [*]Recruit your first crime buddies. Grab 4 more of the cheapest adults off the auction house. Level each of them to 6. [/LIST] [b]Daily* Tasks:[/b] *As if in, "this should be done at least once a day, but if you're up for it, you can do more!" [u]Phase 1: Recruit![/u] [LIST=1] [*]Buy yourself the two cheapest adult dragons off the auction house. These are your potential recruits. [*]Drag them through your two-fodder venue of choice together until they hit level 6. [*]Roll a 6-sided die for each. If you get a 6, congrats! That dragon has passed your test and has been hired into your band of criminals. [*]If a dragon fails, exalt it. It is not worthy of being among you. [*]Continue your recruitment efforts until you get a successful recruit (or two at once if you’re lucky)! You may now move on to the drama phase. [/LIST] [u]Phase 2: Drama![/u] There is much drama to be had in a band of criminals like the one you are running. Each day is full of terrible terrible happenings. [Used new d20 rules, credit of TheAwesoMew, and changed a few I didn't like.] Roll a 20-sided die. Your next challenge is as follows: [LIST=1] [*]Big mistake. Somebody misread the directions. Three random dragons attempted to break into the local law enforcement agency instead of the bank where the heist was supposed to take place. They’re instantly taken into custody. Exalt! [*]There’s a scandal (or romance) afoot. Pick two of your ready to breed dragons at random if you have any. Put them on a nest. The babies will join your crime organization when they hatch. Level them to 5 when they come of age. If the parents would be exalted while they’re on the nest, wait until their nest hatches and Then exalt them. If nobody is ready to breed, grab a random hatchie off the AH. A secret forbidden child or sibling has been uncovered. [*]There’s Romance in the air. Pick two dragons at random. They are now in a relationship. If one gets exalted, so does the other. Their fates are bound together. [*]Mission time. Take any two of your dragons into a coli venue that is too low for them to gain experience. (Your choice). Go until you get a... [indent]Roll 1d4: 1) Hunting Trip (Look for a familiar) 2) Treasure Hunt (Look for a chest or other openable) 3) Stocking up on Supplies (Look for a battlestone) 4) Costume Shopping (Look for an apparel item)[/indent] [*]Freeloader. Some random dragon has decided to hang at your place. Who is this guy???? Grab the cheapest adult off the AH. Leave them at level 1. For bonus points, try sniping an underpriced adult. [*]Crimes time! Pick two dragons at random. They have to go on a quest now. Raise both of them a level. Roll a 6-sided die for each. If it’s a 1, exalt them as they were lost in the mission. [*]Kids can do crimes too. Grab the cheapest hatchie off the AH. Level it to 5 when it comes of age. [*]Backstabbing. Choose a dragon at random who is not the leader. Exalt them. Bye. [*]Test the Newbies. Roll a d10 for each of your lowest-level dragons. If it’s higher than their level, exalt them. They were not good enough. Raise the remaining low-level dragons by one level. [*]Major Heist!! This is it! Your time to shine. Roll a d12 for Every dragon. If you get higher than their level, exalt. Raise all survivors by one level. [*]Crimes time! Pick two dragons at random. They have to go on a quest now. Raise both of them a level. Roll a 6-sided die for each. If it’s a 1, exalt them as they were lost in the mission. [*]A coup! Exalt your leader. They have been dramatically betrayed by the others a la the ides of march. Determine a new leader from the remaining dragons. The highest level dragon will be it. If there is a tie, the oldest tied dragon shall be the leader. Level the tied dragon one level to make it better than its peers. [*]Where’s the money at? Some money went missing from the gang’s ill gotten gains. Take two dragons of your choice into any venue they would not gain XP from. They must fight until an openable item drops. Venue doesn’t have one? Too bad; now they have to find an item that can be hoardsold for more than 100 treasure instead. [*]Bad weather. It’s raining lightly outside, so, of course, crime cannot happen today. Nothing happens. [*]Take a gamble. The two highest-level dragons undergo a risky operation. Flip a coin. If heads, they both survive and gain a level from the daring endeavor. If tails, take both of them into a venue matching their level and exalt whichever one faints first. [*]Ambushed! The law has somehow located the group’s hideout! Flip a coin. If heads, most of them manage to escape; exalt one random dragon. If tails, two random dragons fall during the escape and must be exalted. [*]A mutiny! One random dragon decides to start their own criminal enterprise. They become the leader of a whole new gang. One other random dragon goes with them. This new gang acts as its own mini-fodderlocke and does the daily phases. Only one new mutiny group can exist alongside the main group so things don't get out of hand. Any time this result (19) is rolled by the main group, one random dragon joins the mutineers. Any time this result (19) is rolled by the new group, one random dragon goes back to the main gang. Any time only one dragon is left in the new group, exalt the last remaining dragon and remove it from play. [*]Duel time! It seems to dragons got a little heated. Take two random not-leader dragons into the coli and exalt whoever faints first, and level the survivor by one. [*]Someone got sick! If the sick dragon is chosen in any events, they are exalted immediately instead, as they got too sick and died. Sickness lasts 3 days. [*]Secret plotting. It seems that two dragons really want to challenge the leader! Take them into the coli and level them up 2 levels. [/LIST] [b]Rules:[/b] [LIST] [*] Signature thing. If a familiar or apparel is found while in the Coli, it is given to the highest level member-they can only have one apparel and one familiar. If they are exalted, their items are sold for money. If apparel/familiar is found and the highest already has it, it goes to the second highest member, and so on. If nobody has room, sell it! Leader is excluded. [*] If the crew brings back genes/eggs/good stones, they are given a second chance in life and a new piece of apparel as a reward. [*] If there are no more dragons, the challenge is over and I lost. [/LIST] The challenge will continue until I either eventually loose or decide I'm done. Some of the fodder will be from my own nests, so that will be fun (and save some treasure.) I will keep track of the profit because there is nothing more exciting then watching number riiiise! [center][emoji=deer skull size=1][/center] [center][u]Intro[/u] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942#post_42629313]King/Treasury[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942#post_42629315]Cast [/url]| [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942#post_42629316]Graveyard [/url]| [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942#post_42629317]History[/url][/center]
2sUBT6r.png
The Skull Syndicate
Lost deep within the Scarred Wasteland, scavenging among the tendrils and disease, stands a clan of dragons. A local nuisance to the dragons of the Plague, they pillage, loot and wreak havoc their unsuspecting neighbours under the guidance of their leader, the Bone King (or queen,) who upholds the few laws that unite the criminals together. What are their goals? To get loot and bones, of course! But as with all gatherings of people-and especially criminals-this purpose easily gets lost in the hunger for power, love and...more money and skulls. Will the Skull Syndicate get their bones? Will they fail almost immediately? Only time will tell.
Unlike many people, the Coli and Fodder grinding are the bane of my existence-I find it tedious and boring, and I cannot bring myself to grind for long periods of time. But I also know that, if I want to dress my dragons up and give them cool art and bios, I need money. And the Coli is how you make money. So, like many people, when I read over the rules of the Fodderlocke, I immediately said "that sounds cool, I want to do that!" and so, here I am, and here we are.

Rules
Based on the original rules by squidragon, with some edits by me.
Getting Started:
You need your first disposable fodder child, naturally. But this is not just any disposal fodder child. They are the founder of your new squad of completely horrible criminals.
  1. Buy yourself the cheapest adult dragon off the auction house. Appearance doesn’t matter when your only goal in life is to do crime.
  2. Level that dragon to 8. They must be stronger than their recruits. Strength is valuable. Important.. Vital to not being backstabbed. They must always wear the Bone King's garbs in order to show their superiority.
  3. If any dragon ever passes them in level, that dragon takes over as the new leader. Exalt the old leader. They must be banished in shame.
  4. Recruit your first crime buddies. Grab 4 more of the cheapest adults off the auction house. Level each of them to 6.

Daily* Tasks:
*As if in, "this should be done at least once a day, but if you're up for it, you can do more!"

Phase 1: Recruit!
  1. Buy yourself the two cheapest adult dragons off the auction house. These are your potential recruits.
  2. Drag them through your two-fodder venue of choice together until they hit level 6.
  3. Roll a 6-sided die for each. If you get a 6, congrats! That dragon has passed your test and has been hired into your band of criminals.
  4. If a dragon fails, exalt it. It is not worthy of being among you.
  5. Continue your recruitment efforts until you get a successful recruit (or two at once if you’re lucky)! You may now move on to the drama phase.

Phase 2: Drama!
There is much drama to be had in a band of criminals like the one you are running. Each day is full of terrible terrible happenings. [Used new d20 rules, credit of TheAwesoMew, and changed a few I didn't like.]

Roll a 20-sided die. Your next challenge is as follows:
  1. Big mistake. Somebody misread the directions. Three random dragons attempted to break into the local law enforcement agency instead of the bank where the heist was supposed to take place. They’re instantly taken into custody. Exalt!
  2. There’s a scandal (or romance) afoot. Pick two of your ready to breed dragons at random if you have any. Put them on a nest. The babies will join your crime organization when they hatch. Level them to 5 when they come of age. If the parents would be exalted while they’re on the nest, wait until their nest hatches and Then exalt them. If nobody is ready to breed, grab a random hatchie off the AH. A secret forbidden child or sibling has been uncovered.
  3. There’s Romance in the air. Pick two dragons at random. They are now in a relationship. If one gets exalted, so does the other. Their fates are bound together.
  4. Mission time. Take any two of your dragons into a coli venue that is too low for them to gain experience. (Your choice). Go until you get a...
    Roll 1d4:
    1) Hunting Trip (Look for a familiar)
    2) Treasure Hunt (Look for a chest or other openable)
    3) Stocking up on Supplies (Look for a battlestone)
    4) Costume Shopping (Look for an apparel item)
  5. Freeloader. Some random dragon has decided to hang at your place. Who is this guy???? Grab the cheapest adult off the AH. Leave them at level 1. For bonus points, try sniping an underpriced adult.
  6. Crimes time! Pick two dragons at random. They have to go on a quest now. Raise both of them a level. Roll a 6-sided die for each. If it’s a 1, exalt them as they were lost in the mission.
  7. Kids can do crimes too. Grab the cheapest hatchie off the AH. Level it to 5 when it comes of age.
  8. Backstabbing. Choose a dragon at random who is not the leader. Exalt them. Bye.
  9. Test the Newbies. Roll a d10 for each of your lowest-level dragons. If it’s higher than their level, exalt them. They were not good enough. Raise the remaining low-level dragons by one level.
  10. Major Heist!! This is it! Your time to shine. Roll a d12 for Every dragon. If you get higher than their level, exalt. Raise all survivors by one level.
  11. Crimes time! Pick two dragons at random. They have to go on a quest now. Raise both of them a level. Roll a 6-sided die for each. If it’s a 1, exalt them as they were lost in the mission.
  12. A coup! Exalt your leader. They have been dramatically betrayed by the others a la the ides of march. Determine a new leader from the remaining dragons. The highest level dragon will be it. If there is a tie, the oldest tied dragon shall be the leader. Level the tied dragon one level to make it better than its peers.
  13. Where’s the money at? Some money went missing from the gang’s ill gotten gains. Take two dragons of your choice into any venue they would not gain XP from. They must fight until an openable item drops. Venue doesn’t have one? Too bad; now they have to find an item that can be hoardsold for more than 100 treasure instead.
  14. Bad weather. It’s raining lightly outside, so, of course, crime cannot happen today. Nothing happens.
  15. Take a gamble. The two highest-level dragons undergo a risky operation. Flip a coin. If heads, they both survive and gain a level from the daring endeavor. If tails, take both of them into a venue matching their level and exalt whichever one faints first.
  16. Ambushed! The law has somehow located the group’s hideout! Flip a coin. If heads, most of them manage to escape; exalt one random dragon. If tails, two random dragons fall during the escape and must be exalted.
  17. A mutiny! One random dragon decides to start their own criminal enterprise. They become the leader of a whole new gang. One other random dragon goes with them. This new gang acts as its own mini-fodderlocke and does the daily phases. Only one new mutiny group can exist alongside the main group so things don't get out of hand. Any time this result (19) is rolled by the main group, one random dragon joins the mutineers. Any time this result (19) is rolled by the new group, one random dragon goes back to the main gang. Any time only one dragon is left in the new group, exalt the last remaining dragon and remove it from play.
  18. Duel time! It seems to dragons got a little heated. Take two random not-leader dragons into the coli and exalt whoever faints first, and level the survivor by one.
  19. Someone got sick! If the sick dragon is chosen in any events, they are exalted immediately instead, as they got too sick and died. Sickness lasts 3 days.
  20. Secret plotting. It seems that two dragons really want to challenge the leader! Take them into the coli and level them up 2 levels.

Rules:
  • Signature thing. If a familiar or apparel is found while in the Coli, it is given to the highest level member-they can only have one apparel and one familiar. If they are exalted, their items are sold for money. If apparel/familiar is found and the highest already has it, it goes to the second highest member, and so on. If nobody has room, sell it! Leader is excluded.
  • If the crew brings back genes/eggs/good stones, they are given a second chance in life and a new piece of apparel as a reward.
  • If there are no more dragons, the challenge is over and I lost.

The challenge will continue until I either eventually loose or decide I'm done.

Some of the fodder will be from my own nests, so that will be fun (and save some treasure.)

I will keep track of the profit because there is nothing more exciting then watching number riiiise!
QBIWg1o.png
. Twistedstripe
FR+3 || he/him

.... OvfZqTx.gif
[img]http://i.imgur.com/2sUBT6r.png[/img] [center][size=7][font=Castellar]The Bone King/Queen[/size][/center] [columns][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59942065] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/599421/59942065_350.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][color=transparent]...[/color][nextcol][center][img]https://flightrising.com/images/cms/equipment/667.png[/img] [b]Kakir[/b] | Bone King (1st) | [emoji=nature rune size=1][/center] Kakir hated the dull life of Life, the sickening green eyes that scowled back at him and the peaceful, cheery frame of mind which poisoned the honour and respect of his birth clan. Try as he did to sharpen their talons and fight the Beastclans that scourged his home, the clan remained stern in their values and scolded his rebellion. Enraged at their naivety-the stupidity that killed his parents-he fled from the clan to build himself an army that would destroy the Beastclans and every clan that dared to stand in his way. If Life would not fight, then the Plague would.[/columns] [center][b]All hail Kakir, the Bone King![/b][/center] [center]No other Bone King/Queens yet![/center] ----- [center][size=7][font=Castellar]The Booty Room[/size][/center] [quote=Currently...][emoji=treasure size=1] 51 568 [emoji=gem size=1] 1 [emoji=rainbow star 1 size=1] 1 [img]https://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/33800.png[/img] [/quote] [center][emoji=deer skull size=1][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942#post_2835942]Intro [/url]| [u]King/Treasury[/u] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942#post_42629315]Cast [/url]| [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942#post_42629316]Graveyard [/url]| [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942#post_42629317]History[/url][/center]
2sUBT6r.png
The Bone King/Queen

59942065_350.png
667.png
Kakir | Bone King (1st) |
Kakir hated the dull life of Life, the sickening green eyes that scowled back at him and the peaceful, cheery frame of mind which poisoned the honour and respect of his birth clan. Try as he did to sharpen their talons and fight the Beastclans that scourged his home, the clan remained stern in their values and scolded his rebellion. Enraged at their naivety-the stupidity that killed his parents-he fled from the clan to build himself an army that would destroy the Beastclans and every clan that dared to stand in his way. If Life would not fight, then the Plague would.
All hail Kakir, the Bone King!
No other Bone King/Queens yet!

The Booty Room
Currently... wrote:
51 568

33800.png
Intro | King/Treasury | Cast | Graveyard | History
QBIWg1o.png
. Twistedstripe
FR+3 || he/him

.... OvfZqTx.gif
[img]http://i.imgur.com/2sUBT6r.png[/img] [center][size=7][font=Castellar]Peasantry[/size][/center] [center][size=3][font=Castellar]The "Spines"[/size][/center] [center][i]The original founders of the Squadron, they have stood at Kakir's side long before he took the crown, and are considered the "spine" of the entire alliance. They now serve beneath him: some willingly, others regrettably, but all, faithfully.[/i] [/center] [columns] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=289263&did=59929103][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/599292/59929103p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [b]Frir[/b] | Former Tyrant/Advisor | "Spine" | [emoji=wind rune size=1] Cruel, apathetic and calculating, Frir once had an entire clan wrapped around her talons, servant to her every whim and wish in terror of monster that slaughtered their entire reigning dynasty and murdered her way to the crown. Her reign was ended swiftly after his coronation, however, and she only managed to escape without an eye. Frir serves Kakir for her own gain and nothing else, desperate to reclaim the crown. [/columns] ----- [columns] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=289263&did=59929110][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/599292/59929110p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [b]Imoen[/b] | Thief/Entertainer| "Spine" | [emoji=wind rune size=1] Her beauty, her grace and her charm filled her pockets long before she met Kakir, dancing, singing and swooning through clans and villages across the Windswept Plateau, leaving as swiftly as she came, "tips" locked in her talons When word of the "Graceful Thief" spread across the domain, she found herself barricaded and chased from her former allies, and turned to one of her only remaining friends, Kakir, for help. [/columns] ----- [columns] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=289263&did=59929111][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/599292/59929111p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [b]Ravenspine[/b] | Mysterious Head Sorcerer | "Spine" | [emoji=wind rune size=1] From the shadows cast by the tendrils crawled a Pearlcatcher lone and wild, a cracked pearl clutched fierce against her chest and wild magic swirling in her eyes. A sorcerer of few words, she simply...wandered into the Skull Syndicate and announced herself a member with promises of power untold at their order, and was embraced. Any questions about her past or motives will leave you with a horrible curse, like a [i]certain[/i] member who found out the hard way. [/columns] ----- [columns] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=289263&did=59937012][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/599371/59937012p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [b]Andii[/b] | Herbalist/Medic | "Spine" | [emoji=nature rune size=1] Perhaps the most cheerful, kind and motherly "criminal" to exist in Sorienth, the Spiral spends nearly every waking moment helping the Skull Syndicate's members heal, physically, emotionally and spiritually. The Spines welcomed her with hesitation, and remain wary in fear of ulterior motives behind the soothing voice, although she insists she has none. Makes godly tea and honey treats. [/columns] [center][size=3][font=Castellar]The Latecomers[/size][/center] [center][i]Members of the Squadron that arrived after it was formed.[/i] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60070457][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/600705/60070457p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [b]Phovotos[/b] | Toxicologist/Leech | Day 3 | [emoji=nature rune size=1] Also known as the "Plague of Sorienth," this deplorable medic wanders Sorienth in search of desperate, dying clans, in which he swoops in, sells his "cures" for absurd prices, and leaves just as quickly as he came. His methods range from useless to fatal, from leeches to toxins, and shows no mercy for any of his victims. He "joined" the Skull Syndicate by force, and is now their prisoner. [/columns] ----- [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60160224][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/601603/60160224p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [b]Obsidian[/b] | Hatchling | Day 3 | [emoji=shadow rune size=1] Found as a hatchling by the Syndicate in an abandoned camp belonging to her dead clan. Named for the shiny rocks that litter her body, similar to that of the gem. [/columns] ----- [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60120361][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/601204/60120361p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [b]Rhian[/b] | Vagabond | Day 4 | [emoji=plague rune size=1] This tall, sinister Imperial joined the Syndicate along with his "friends" Zevon and Carnelian for seemingly no reason. His true motives remain a secret, hidden behind a small smile that never leaves his face and a voice that soothes the mind. He appears to have some sort of connection to the Whisperers of Blight that once lived in what is now the Syndicate's camp, although he refuses to elaborate on such matters. [/columns] ----- [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60109057][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/601091/60109057p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [b]Zevon[/b] | Vagabond | Day 4 | [emoji=lightning rune size=1] Rhian's "companion." He never speaks or blinks, and possibly doesn't breathe, either. Rhian keeps him wrapped around his neck like a choker, although he will occasionally try and slither away. Rhian insists Zevon's been his "friend" since he was a hatchling, although their relationship is more of a "master and pet" than a friendship. Other than what his owner says, not much else is known of the mute spiral. [/columns] ----- [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60231597][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/602316/60231597p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [b]Carnelian[/b] | Hatcling | Day 4 | [emoji=light rune size=1] A Gaoler that belongs to Rhain. Doesn't speak, and refuses to interact with anyone other than Rhian. How and why a Plague Imperial has a Light hatchling, it's best not to ask... [/columns] ----- [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60166678][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/601667/60166678p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [b]Maro[/b] | Marauder | Day 5 | [emoji=wind rune size=1] After a detrimental brawl with the leader of his old band, Maro was chased out with the promise of death if he ever crossed his former friends again. Armed with nothing but his skills and spite, he wandered the wasteland robbing unfortunate travellers until he found himself robbing a syndicate that was more sharp than he thought. He joined after begging for them not to kill him in exchange for his might when among numbers and unique eye for valuables. [/columns] [center][emoji=deer skull size=1][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942#post_2835942]Intro [/url]| [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942#post_42629313]King/Treasury[/url] | Cast | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942#post_42629316]Graveyard [/url]| [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942#post_42629317]History[/url][/center]
2sUBT6r.png
Peasantry
The "Spines"
The original founders of the Squadron, they have stood at Kakir's side long before he took the crown, and are considered the "spine" of the entire alliance. They now serve beneath him: some willingly, others regrettably, but all, faithfully.
59929103p.png Frir | Former Tyrant/Advisor | "Spine" |
Cruel, apathetic and calculating, Frir once had an entire clan wrapped around her talons, servant to her every whim and wish in terror of monster that slaughtered their entire reigning dynasty and murdered her way to the crown. Her reign was ended swiftly after his coronation, however, and she only managed to escape without an eye. Frir serves Kakir for her own gain and nothing else, desperate to reclaim the crown.

59929110p.png Imoen | Thief/Entertainer| "Spine" |
Her beauty, her grace and her charm filled her pockets long before she met Kakir, dancing, singing and swooning through clans and villages across the Windswept Plateau, leaving as swiftly as she came, "tips" locked in her talons When word of the "Graceful Thief" spread across the domain, she found herself barricaded and chased from her former allies, and turned to one of her only remaining friends, Kakir, for help.

59929111p.png Ravenspine | Mysterious Head Sorcerer | "Spine" |
From the shadows cast by the tendrils crawled a Pearlcatcher lone and wild, a cracked pearl clutched fierce against her chest and wild magic swirling in her eyes. A sorcerer of few words, she simply...wandered into the Skull Syndicate and announced herself a member with promises of power untold at their order, and was embraced. Any questions about her past or motives will leave you with a horrible curse, like a certain member who found out the hard way.

59937012p.png Andii | Herbalist/Medic | "Spine" |
Perhaps the most cheerful, kind and motherly "criminal" to exist in Sorienth, the Spiral spends nearly every waking moment helping the Skull Syndicate's members heal, physically, emotionally and spiritually. The Spines welcomed her with hesitation, and remain wary in fear of ulterior motives behind the soothing voice, although she insists she has none. Makes godly tea and honey treats.

The Latecomers
Members of the Squadron that arrived after it was formed.
60070457p.png Phovotos | Toxicologist/Leech | Day 3 |
Also known as the "Plague of Sorienth," this deplorable medic wanders Sorienth in search of desperate, dying clans, in which he swoops in, sells his "cures" for absurd prices, and leaves just as quickly as he came. His methods range from useless to fatal, from leeches to toxins, and shows no mercy for any of his victims. He "joined" the Skull Syndicate by force, and is now their prisoner.

60160224p.png Obsidian | Hatchling | Day 3 |
Found as a hatchling by the Syndicate in an abandoned camp belonging to her dead clan. Named for the shiny rocks that litter her body, similar to that of the gem.

60120361p.png Rhian | Vagabond | Day 4 |
This tall, sinister Imperial joined the Syndicate along with his "friends" Zevon and Carnelian for seemingly no reason. His true motives remain a secret, hidden behind a small smile that never leaves his face and a voice that soothes the mind. He appears to have some sort of connection to the Whisperers of Blight that once lived in what is now the Syndicate's camp, although he refuses to elaborate on such matters.

60109057p.png Zevon | Vagabond | Day 4 |
Rhian's "companion." He never speaks or blinks, and possibly doesn't breathe, either. Rhian keeps him wrapped around his neck like a choker, although he will occasionally try and slither away. Rhian insists Zevon's been his "friend" since he was a hatchling, although their relationship is more of a "master and pet" than a friendship. Other than what his owner says, not much else is known of the mute spiral.

60231597p.png Carnelian | Hatcling | Day 4 |
A Gaoler that belongs to Rhain. Doesn't speak, and refuses to interact with anyone other than Rhian. How and why a Plague Imperial has a Light hatchling, it's best not to ask...

60166678p.png Maro | Marauder | Day 5 |
After a detrimental brawl with the leader of his old band, Maro was chased out with the promise of death if he ever crossed his former friends again. Armed with nothing but his skills and spite, he wandered the wasteland robbing unfortunate travellers until he found himself robbing a syndicate that was more sharp than he thought. He joined after begging for them not to kill him in exchange for his might when among numbers and unique eye for valuables.
QBIWg1o.png
. Twistedstripe
FR+3 || he/him

.... OvfZqTx.gif
[img]http://i.imgur.com/2sUBT6r.png[/img] [center][size=7][font=Castellar]Graveyard[/size][/center] [center][size=3][font=Castellar] The Failures[/size][/center] [center][i]The recruits that were not worthy of joining the ranks.[/i][/center] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57323950][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/573240/57323950.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59970654][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/599707/59970654.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59982676][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/599827/59982676.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59982028][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/599821/59982028.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60032861][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/600329/60032861.png[/img][/url] [/columns] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60005202][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/600053/60005202.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60020765][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/600208/60020765.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60034978][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/600350/60034978.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60045985][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/600460/60045985.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60045988][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/600460/60045988.png[/img][/url] [/columns] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60045987][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/600460/60045987.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60045989][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/600460/60045989.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60094833][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/600949/60094833.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60094834][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/600949/60094834.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60094835][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/600949/60094835.png[/img][/url] [/columns] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60094836][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/600949/60094836.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60094837][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/600949/60094837.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60114084][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/601141/60114084.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60136391][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/601364/60136391.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60145787][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/601458/60145787.png[/img][/url] [/columns] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60166680][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/601667/60166680.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60166679][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/601667/60166679.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60173299][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/601733/60173299.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60173301][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/601734/60173301.png[/img][/url] [/columns] ----- [center][size=3][font=Castellar] The Lost[/size][/center] [center][i]The members that were lost.[/i][/center] [columns] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=289263&tab=dragon&did=59982664][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/600460/60045995p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [b]Artificer[/b] | [s]Artificer[/s] Inventor/Researcher | Day 2-2 | [emoji=arcane rune size=1] Living up to his name, Artificer exerts his curiosity and hunger for knowledge through convoluted-and often dangerous-experiments on the realm of magic. He sees no need to scale down or hinder his research; his reckless disregard for the safety of dragon, flora and fauna alike has resulted in him being outcast from his home in the Starfall Isles by his clan. He has continued his research as a member of the Skull Syndicate and has found a home in its more lax rules, where his dangerous experiments are welcomed by his criminal allies. [spoiler]Murdered by Ravenspine for taking her pearl[/spoiler] [/columns] ----- [columns] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=289263&tab=dragon&did=59982664][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/599827/59982664p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [b]Jekusea[/b] | Pickpocket/ "To-be Princess" | Day 1-5 | [emoji=lightning rune size=1] Malcontent with the humble, work-heavy lifestyle of her home clan, the Skydancer strives for the lavish, luxurious way of life she had heard in fairly tales in her youth-of princesses, jewels and castles, fit for a dragon of her radiance. When her parents refused to pamper her, she left to find someone who would; no clans were willing to welcome in the freeloader, however, so she turned to Kakir and Syndicate to find her riches, and has quickly learned the art of pick-pocketing and charming. [spoiler]Murdered by Rhian on a "hunting trip"l[/spoiler] [/columns] [center][emoji=deer skull size=1][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942#post_2835942]Intro [/url]| [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942#post_42629313]King/Treasury[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942#post_42629315]Cast [/url]| [u]Graveyard[/u] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942#post_42629317]History[/url][/center]
2sUBT6r.png
Graveyard
The Failures
The recruits that were not worthy of joining the ranks.
57323950.png 59970654.png 59982676.png 59982028.png 60032861.png
60005202.png 60020765.png 60034978.png 60045985.png 60045988.png
60045987.png 60045989.png 60094833.png 60094834.png 60094835.png
60094836.png 60094837.png 60114084.png 60136391.png 60145787.png
60166680.png 60166679.png 60173299.png 60173301.png

The Lost
The members that were lost.
60045995p.png Artificer | Artificer Inventor/Researcher | Day 2-2 |
Living up to his name, Artificer exerts his curiosity and hunger for knowledge through convoluted-and often dangerous-experiments on the realm of magic. He sees no need to scale down or hinder his research; his reckless disregard for the safety of dragon, flora and fauna alike has resulted in him being outcast from his home in the Starfall Isles by his clan. He has continued his research as a member of the Skull Syndicate and has found a home in its more lax rules, where his dangerous experiments are welcomed by his criminal allies. Murdered by Ravenspine for taking her pearl

59982664p.png Jekusea | Pickpocket/ "To-be Princess" | Day 1-5 |
Malcontent with the humble, work-heavy lifestyle of her home clan, the Skydancer strives for the lavish, luxurious way of life she had heard in fairly tales in her youth-of princesses, jewels and castles, fit for a dragon of her radiance. When her parents refused to pamper her, she left to find someone who would; no clans were willing to welcome in the freeloader, however, so she turned to Kakir and Syndicate to find her riches, and has quickly learned the art of pick-pocketing and charming. Murdered by Rhian on a "hunting trip"l
Intro | King/Treasury | Cast | Graveyard | History
QBIWg1o.png
. Twistedstripe
FR+3 || he/him

.... OvfZqTx.gif
[img]http://i.imgur.com/2sUBT6r.png[/img] [center][size=7][font=Castellar]History[/size][/center] [b]Kakir's Reign[/b] [LIST] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942#post_42629318]Prologue: A Humble Beginning[/url] [*] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942/1#post_42640498]1: We Need More Members[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942/1#post_42673849]2: A Bloody Test[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942/1#post_42683540]3: Leeches in the Food Stock[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942/1#post_42716721]4: Two Hatchlings, Two Giants[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942/2#post_42728946]5: Red Eyes[/url] [/LIST] [center][emoji=deer skull size=1][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942#post_2835942]Intro [/url]| [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942#post_42629313]King/Treasury[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942#post_42629315]Cast [/url]| [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942#post_42629316]Graveyard[/url] | [u]History[/u][/center]
2sUBT6r.png
History

Kakir's Reign
QBIWg1o.png
. Twistedstripe
FR+3 || he/him

.... OvfZqTx.gif
[img]http://i.imgur.com/2sUBT6r.png[/img] [center][size=6][font=Castellar]|| Prologue ||[/size][/center] [center][size=5][font=Castellar]|| A Humble Beginning ||[/size][/center] [size=5]T[/size]he smell of herbal tea clung heavy in the air, veiling the stench of rot that once stirred coughs in the menagerie's dry throats. Sat perched atop a shattered deer carcass, Kakir the Bone King scanned the silent hole cluttered with his few subjects, a blaze in his emerald eyes as he revelled in the authority and power he had endeavoured for too long. Andii weaved her way around the ribcage throne like a serpent to deliver a small clay chip filled with tea, a warm smile plastered on her face as she left to prepare more. The agreement had gone smoothly, and the Skull Syndicate was in order, with him as its leader. While they were far short of an army to rival any clans, it was a decent start and, as all diseases do in the Plague domain, they would only grow larger. His new crown, freshly fixed from a scarce collection of skeletons, laid snug atop his obsidian brow as he scanned around the cramped hovel woven of fallen logs and branches, satisfied with their work and scheming their next move. The Ridgeback, who stood opposite to the king, held no such satisfaction. She watched the Nocturne prim atop the carcass with cold eyes, her talons clutched around the makeshift bowl filled with tea that made her nostrils burn, a scheme similarly circling her mind that made her want to smirk. But unlike the King, she knew better than to act so infuriatingly vain and stately, and so she lifted the bowl to her mouth and took a sip, not daring to flinch as the burning water tore down her throat. "Frir, you're going to burn your tongue," Imoen cooed as if Frir had not already noticed her tongue numbing. The Ridgeback huffed and took another sip, eyeing the Imperial who stood almost as tall as her with a sharp gaze. [i]Try and embarrass me again, I dare you.[/i] Frir's navy tailed curled closer to her backtalons, which she had dug into the dry, maroon dirt as an earlier warning. Imoen scoffed and turned her gaze back to her own tea. She blew air onto the steaming mixture, her cornflower talons elegantly tucked around a broken clay pot as if it were a small teacup, then shook her head to sweep her glistening mane off of her face and took a cautious sip. "Frir..." A raspy voice peeped from Frir's left, and she swiftly turned to meet the pale, dead eyes of Ravenspine, who met the Ridgeback's annoyed stare with a lifeless one of her own. "What?!" Silence. "..well?!" The Pearlcatcher continued to stare, but said nothing. "Say something, you spineless [i]hag[/i]!" Frir bore her fangs in warning, letting her tea tip over and soak the dusty earth. The room stood silent for a moment. Ravenspine let out a rusty scoff, then turned to pick up the old plate beside her and sipped on the thin puddle of warm tea resting at its centre, her dull pearl clutched vigorously in her other talon. She stared at Imoen blankly, as if she had said nothing, and continued to sip loudly as she did. Frir held back the urge to rip the Pearlcatcher apart and let out a large huff, making sure to bare her fangs as she returned to her spot and finally noticed her wasted tea. "Andii, we need some more tea," Kakir chirped. The Bone King's eyes were locked on Frir, a hidden frustration behind his glare. As the tiny red Spiral flew in dragging a large waterskin behind her, Imoen pounced to pick up the warm leather kettle and unscrew the cap. The Imperial turned to Frir, raising the blatter towards the periwinkle Ridgeback in question. "More tea?" ----- [quote=Twistedstripe]How about a small prologue to introduce our beginning squad? They are all levelled and ready to begin their journey as a Squadron [s]if Frir doesn't kill them all first.[/s] I got some loot while training them up, and so I got a profit of... -22104. Because nobody has been exalted yet and the loot isn't worth too much. Huh. Hopefully I can get myself out of the negatives... [emoji=treasure size=1] -22104 [(-38600 fodder expense) - 16496 loot treasure] [emoji=gem size=1] 0 [emoji=rainbow star 1 size=1] none [/quote] [center][emoji=deer skull size=1][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942#post_2835942]Intro [/url]| [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942#post_42629313]King/Treasury[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942#post_42629315]Cast [/url]| [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942#post_42629316]Graveyard[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942#post_42629317]History[/url][/center]
2sUBT6r.png
|| Prologue ||
|| A Humble Beginning ||

The smell of herbal tea clung heavy in the air, veiling the stench of rot that once stirred coughs in the menagerie's dry throats.

Sat perched atop a shattered deer carcass, Kakir the Bone King scanned the silent hole cluttered with his few subjects, a blaze in his emerald eyes as he revelled in the authority and power he had endeavoured for too long. Andii weaved her way around the ribcage throne like a serpent to deliver a small clay chip filled with tea, a warm smile plastered on her face as she left to prepare more.

The agreement had gone smoothly, and the Skull Syndicate was in order, with him as its leader. While they were far short of an army to rival any clans, it was a decent start and, as all diseases do in the Plague domain, they would only grow larger. His new crown, freshly fixed from a scarce collection of skeletons, laid snug atop his obsidian brow as he scanned around the cramped hovel woven of fallen logs and branches, satisfied with their work and scheming their next move.

The Ridgeback, who stood opposite to the king, held no such satisfaction. She watched the Nocturne prim atop the carcass with cold eyes, her talons clutched around the makeshift bowl filled with tea that made her nostrils burn, a scheme similarly circling her mind that made her want to smirk. But unlike the King, she knew better than to act so infuriatingly vain and stately, and so she lifted the bowl to her mouth and took a sip, not daring to flinch as the burning water tore down her throat.

"Frir, you're going to burn your tongue," Imoen cooed as if Frir had not already noticed her tongue numbing.

The Ridgeback huffed and took another sip, eyeing the Imperial who stood almost as tall as her with a sharp gaze. Try and embarrass me again, I dare you. Frir's navy tailed curled closer to her backtalons, which she had dug into the dry, maroon dirt as an earlier warning.

Imoen scoffed and turned her gaze back to her own tea. She blew air onto the steaming mixture, her cornflower talons elegantly tucked around a broken clay pot as if it were a small teacup, then shook her head to sweep her glistening mane off of her face and took a cautious sip.

"Frir..."

A raspy voice peeped from Frir's left, and she swiftly turned to meet the pale, dead eyes of Ravenspine, who met the Ridgeback's annoyed stare with a lifeless one of her own. "What?!"

Silence.

"..well?!"

The Pearlcatcher continued to stare, but said nothing.

"Say something, you spineless hag!" Frir bore her fangs in warning, letting her tea tip over and soak the dusty earth. The room stood silent for a moment.

Ravenspine let out a rusty scoff, then turned to pick up the old plate beside her and sipped on the thin puddle of warm tea resting at its centre, her dull pearl clutched vigorously in her other talon. She stared at Imoen blankly, as if she had said nothing, and continued to sip loudly as she did.

Frir held back the urge to rip the Pearlcatcher apart and let out a large huff, making sure to bare her fangs as she returned to her spot and finally noticed her wasted tea.

"Andii, we need some more tea," Kakir chirped. The Bone King's eyes were locked on Frir, a hidden frustration behind his glare. As the tiny red Spiral flew in dragging a large waterskin behind her, Imoen pounced to pick up the warm leather kettle and unscrew the cap.

The Imperial turned to Frir, raising the blatter towards the periwinkle Ridgeback in question.

"More tea?"

Twistedstripe wrote:
How about a small prologue to introduce our beginning squad? They are all levelled and ready to begin their journey as a Squadron if Frir doesn't kill them all first.

I got some loot while training them up, and so I got a profit of... -22104. Because nobody has been exalted yet and the loot isn't worth too much. Huh. Hopefully I can get myself out of the negatives...

-22104 [(-38600 fodder expense) - 16496 loot treasure]
none
QBIWg1o.png
. Twistedstripe
FR+3 || he/him

.... OvfZqTx.gif
[img]http://i.imgur.com/2sUBT6r.png[/img] [center][size=6][font=Castellar]|| 1 ||[/size][/center] [center][size=5][font=Castellar]|| We need more Members ||[/size][/center] [size=5]W[/size]hen morning came, Kakir was quick to call a meeting. Surrounding the clump of stale food they had gathered the night before, the Nocturne announced to his subjects what had been circling their minds since the syndicate's inception: they needed more members. "And not just some random freeloaders, either." Frir chimed in with a hiss. "All members must provide something of value to our..group, or suffer dire consequences." The Ridgeback, nonchalant as always, threw a dried Sea Hare into her jaws and snapped them shut, oozing slime down her chin which she wiped off with her talon. "You can use their bones for your little throne.." she sneered and licked her fangs. Imoen glared at Frir and flicked her ear in irritation. "Are you done?" The Ridgeback smirked and chomped into a squid; the Imperial turned back towards Kakir. "I agree. We need more members.....and that includes no freeloaders." "Like yourself?" Frir muttered between bites. Imoen ignored her. "I say we look into the mirror packs around here, 'see if they have any outcasts, or abandoned any members recently-" "Mirrors are not fond of other dragons, Imoen," Kakir challenged, "When they see dragons, they see a challenge, not an opportunity. They'll tear you apart before you have the chance to speak." The Nocturne turned to the cornflower dragon to find her silent, and hid the satisfaction he got from it. The Bone King added with the twitch of his tail, "Plus, we do not want their outcasts. They lagged behind for a reason-" Frir interrupted, her eyes focused on her mangle of a squid "No Freeloaders." The hovel felt a sudden bit hotter. "Well....Ravenspine, have you anything to say?" Imoen gestured her head towards the Pearlcatcher, who nibbled on a mushroom in the corner. Without waiting for the sorcerer's reply, she hissed, "No? Wonderful." The Imperial stood up and trotted out the mouth of the shack. "And [i]where [/i]are you going?" Kakir demanded, the banter having clearly thinned his paper-thin patience. "To get us our new recruit." ----- [size=5][font=Castellar]Phase 1: Recruit[/size] [b]The Failures:[/b] [i]The recruits that were not worthy of joining the ranks. Farewell![/i] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57323950][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/573240/57323950.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59970654][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/599707/59970654.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59982676][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/599827/59982676.png[/img][/url] [/columns] [b]The Successful:[/b] [i]The recruits that passed the test and are now members of the Skull Syndicate![/i] [columns] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=289263&tab=dragon&did=59982664][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/599827/59982664p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [b]Jekusea[/b] ? | Pickpocket/ "To-be Princess" | Day 1 | [emoji=lightning rune size=1] Malcontent with the humble, work-heavy lifestyle of her home clan, the Skydancer strives for the lavish, luxurious way of life she had heard in fairly tales in her youth-of princesses, jewels and castles, fit for a dragon of her radiance. When her parents refused to pamper her, she left to find someone who would; no clans were willing to welcome in the freeloader, however, so she turned to Kakir and Syndicate to find her riches, and has quickly learned the art of pick-pocketing and charming. [/columns] ----- [size=5][font=Castellar]Phase 2: Drama[/size] [center][emoji=d20 size=1] 11 = Crimes time! [i]Pick two dragons at random. They have to go on a quest now. Raise both of them a level. Roll a 6-sided die for each. If it’s a 1, exalt them as they were lost in the mission.[/i][/center] [columns] [color=transparent]..................................................[/color] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59929110][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/599292/59929110p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59982664][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/599827/59982664p.png[/img][/url] [/columns] [center]Imoen and Jekusea were chosen for the crime! Both ladies survived the mission. They both got up to level 7, and are now both 1 level away from tying with the Bone King himself...do I smell a takeover?[/center] ----- [size=5]T[/size]he nightshade Skydancer ran her thumb absently over the Catfeather Loop, watching the light dance across its polished surface and feeling the intricate, smooth carvings that formed the ring with glee. Then she lashed her tail around with a delighted laugh, listening to the rattle and clang of small trinkets and jewlery that sat loose in a leather sack on her tail's dock. "That was fun, yes?" Imoen smiled as she watched Jekusea shake her tail again; their "dance" was a greater success that the Imperial had predicted, and she couldn't help but shake her own sack of treasures which hung clutched in her talons. A small part of her was a disappointed in the other recruits who had failed and gotten caught, but the large share of treasure she had made almost made her forget about them entirely. "For a newbie such as yourself, you have a good eye for valuables." She watched Jekusea examine the ring, forcing away the hint of jealousy that rose in her voice. "I'm surprised you were able to swindle it off the old fool." The nightshade dragon smiled. "Well, not even grumpy old mirrors can resist my charm!" She nudged Imoen lightly, "Plus, I was taught by a master, so, of course I got him." Imoen let out a huff in amusement and turned her view away from her apprentice. "I'm warning you, don't try those tricks on the rest of the syndicate. They'll tear you to bits." ----- [quote=Twistedstripe]And here is the first day of our (hopefully, long) story! Honestly, I was really hoping for the coatl or wildclaw to join the gang, but it seems they were both slacking during the test. Oh well, off to Plaguemoma you go! Currently I have more expenses than profit because I haven't exalted the failures or starters yet, but the loot I got from training them all up is currently filling up my pockets quite nicely. Can't wait to let them go during the next push! [s]I need more lair space![/s] [emoji=treasure size=1] -40179 [(-66600 fodder expense) - 26421 loot treasure] [emoji=gem size=1] 0 [emoji=rainbow star 1 size=1] none [/quote] [center][emoji=deer skull size=1][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942#post_2835942]Intro [/url]| [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942#post_42629313]King/Treasury[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942#post_42629315]Cast [/url]| [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942#post_42629316]Graveyard[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942#post_42629317]History[/url][/center]
2sUBT6r.png
|| 1 ||
|| We need more Members ||

When morning came, Kakir was quick to call a meeting. Surrounding the clump of stale food they had gathered the night before, the Nocturne announced to his subjects what had been circling their minds since the syndicate's inception: they needed more members.

"And not just some random freeloaders, either." Frir chimed in with a hiss. "All members must provide something of value to our..group, or suffer dire consequences." The Ridgeback, nonchalant as always, threw a dried Sea Hare into her jaws and snapped them shut, oozing slime down her chin which she wiped off with her talon. "You can use their bones for your little throne.." she sneered and licked her fangs.

Imoen glared at Frir and flicked her ear in irritation. "Are you done?" The Ridgeback smirked and chomped into a squid; the Imperial turned back towards Kakir.

"I agree. We need more members.....and that includes no freeloaders."

"Like yourself?" Frir muttered between bites.

Imoen ignored her. "I say we look into the mirror packs around here, 'see if they have any outcasts, or abandoned any members recently-"

"Mirrors are not fond of other dragons, Imoen," Kakir challenged, "When they see dragons, they see a challenge, not an opportunity. They'll tear you apart before you have the chance to speak." The Nocturne turned to the cornflower dragon to find her silent, and hid the satisfaction he got from it. The Bone King added with the twitch of his tail, "Plus, we do not want their outcasts. They lagged behind for a reason-"

Frir interrupted, her eyes focused on her mangle of a squid "No Freeloaders."

The hovel felt a sudden bit hotter.

"Well....Ravenspine, have you anything to say?" Imoen gestured her head towards the Pearlcatcher, who nibbled on a mushroom in the corner. Without waiting for the sorcerer's reply, she hissed, "No? Wonderful."

The Imperial stood up and trotted out the mouth of the shack.

"And where are you going?" Kakir demanded, the banter having clearly thinned his paper-thin patience.

"To get us our new recruit."

Phase 1: Recruit

The Failures:
The recruits that were not worthy of joining the ranks. Farewell!
57323950.png 59970654.png 59982676.png

The Successful:
The recruits that passed the test and are now members of the Skull Syndicate!

59982664p.png Jekusea ? | Pickpocket/ "To-be Princess" | Day 1 |
Malcontent with the humble, work-heavy lifestyle of her home clan, the Skydancer strives for the lavish, luxurious way of life she had heard in fairly tales in her youth-of princesses, jewels and castles, fit for a dragon of her radiance. When her parents refused to pamper her, she left to find someone who would; no clans were willing to welcome in the freeloader, however, so she turned to Kakir and Syndicate to find her riches, and has quickly learned the art of pick-pocketing and charming.

Phase 2: Drama

11 = Crimes time!
Pick two dragons at random. They have to go on a quest now. Raise both of them a level. Roll a 6-sided die for each. If it’s a 1, exalt them as they were lost in the mission.
.................................................. 59929110p.png 59982664p.png
Imoen and Jekusea were chosen for the crime!

Both ladies survived the mission. They both got up to level 7, and are now both 1 level away from tying with the Bone King himself...do I smell a takeover?

The nightshade Skydancer ran her thumb absently over the Catfeather Loop, watching the light dance across its polished surface and feeling the intricate, smooth carvings that formed the ring with glee. Then she lashed her tail around with a delighted laugh, listening to the rattle and clang of small trinkets and jewlery that sat loose in a leather sack on her tail's dock.

"That was fun, yes?" Imoen smiled as she watched Jekusea shake her tail again; their "dance" was a greater success that the Imperial had predicted, and she couldn't help but shake her own sack of treasures which hung clutched in her talons. A small part of her was a disappointed in the other recruits who had failed and gotten caught, but the large share of treasure she had made almost made her forget about them entirely.

"For a newbie such as yourself, you have a good eye for valuables." She watched Jekusea examine the ring, forcing away the hint of jealousy that rose in her voice. "I'm surprised you were able to swindle it off the old fool."

The nightshade dragon smiled. "Well, not even grumpy old mirrors can resist my charm!" She nudged Imoen lightly, "Plus, I was taught by a master, so, of course I got him."

Imoen let out a huff in amusement and turned her view away from her apprentice.

"I'm warning you, don't try those tricks on the rest of the syndicate. They'll tear you to bits."

Twistedstripe wrote:
And here is the first day of our (hopefully, long) story! Honestly, I was really hoping for the coatl or wildclaw to join the gang, but it seems they were both slacking during the test. Oh well, off to Plaguemoma you go!

Currently I have more expenses than profit because I haven't exalted the failures or starters yet, but the loot I got from training them all up is currently filling up my pockets quite nicely. Can't wait to let them go during the next push! I need more lair space!

-40179 [(-66600 fodder expense) - 26421 loot treasure]
none
QBIWg1o.png
. Twistedstripe
FR+3 || he/him

.... OvfZqTx.gif
[img]http://i.imgur.com/2sUBT6r.png[/img] [center][size=6][font=Castellar]|| 2 ||[/size][/center] [center][size=5][font=Castellar]|| A Bloody Test ||[/size][/center] [size=5]"W[/size]ho's turn is it to find us our new recruit?" Frir tore a piece off her shark and waited for a volunteer. "I got the last one." Imoen gestured her tail at Jekusea, who perked her head up while chewing on a tulip. Ravenspine said nothing. She licked the bristles of an dried thistle without a wince, which was enough of a sign to her den-mates. Kakir bit down on the head off a mantis with a satisfying crunch, then looked to his subjects as he licked his lips free of mantis' juices. "Guess I'll go get one, then." He threw the rest of the mantis into his mouth. "While I'm gone, expand the den a bit more." ----- [size=5][font=Castellar]Phase 1: Recruit[/size] [b]The Failures:[/b] [i]The recruits that were not worthy of joining the ranks. Farewell![/i] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59982028][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/599821/59982028.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60032861][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/600329/60032861.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60005202][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/600053/60005202.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60020765][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/600208/60020765.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60034978][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/600350/60034978.png[/img][/url] [/columns] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60045985][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/600460/60045985.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60045988][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/600460/60045988.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60045987][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/600460/60045987.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60045989][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/600460/60045989.png[/img][/url] [/columns] [b]The Successful:[/b] [i]The recruits that passed the test and are now members of the Skull Syndicate![/i] [columns] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=289263&tab=dragon&did=59982664][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/600460/60045995p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [b]Artificer[/b] | [s]Artificer[/s] Inventor/Researcher | Day 2 | [emoji=arcane rune size=1] Living up to his name, Artificer exerts his curiosity and hunger for knowledge through convoluted-and often dangerous-experiments on the realm of magic. He sees no need to scale down or hinder his research; his reckless disregard for the safety of dragon, flora and fauna alike has resulted in him being outcast from his home in the Starfall Isles by his clan. He has continued his research as a member of the Skull Syndicate and has found a home in its more lax rules, where his dangerous experiments are welcomed by his criminal allies. [/columns] ----- [size=5][font=Castellar]Phase 2: Drama[/size] [center][emoji=d20 size=1] 18 = Duel time! [i]Duel time! It seems to dragons got a little heated. Take two random not-leader dragons into the coli and exalt whoever faints first, and level the survivor by one.[/i][/center] [columns] [color=transparent]..................................................[/color] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59929111][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/599292/59929111p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60045995][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/600460/60045995p.png[/img][/url] [/columns] [center]Ravenspine and Artificer's rivalry has become bloody! Welp, as quick as he came, [b]Artificer has been lost[/b]. The enemies could not seem to keep their claws off him, and while he got torn to shreds, Ravenspine was left in perfect condition. Ravenspine is now up to level 7, and is now also a member of the "1 level away from tying with the Bone King" gang. But....why did Ravenspine kill Artificer....?[/center] ----- [i][size=5]"T[/size]his[/i] where I'm supposed to live?" Artificer gazed around the dingy hovel with an agitated frown. His nostrils stung from the smell, and he could taste what he could only assume was rotting flesh, even with his mouth closed. "I know, I know, it's not much. But what were you expecting in the middle of a wasteland, a palace?" Jekusea teased, a hint of similar agitation lacing her words. "But yes, this is the den for now. Kakir promised a better den once our numbers grew some more." "Will it have actual walls?" The Ridgeback peered through a hole in the logs, unimpressed at the view. His leather bags rattled as he shifted, and the skydancer smiled in amusement as the odd-coloured dragon stumbled around the den, his bags brushing and restricting his movement. The nightshade skydancer trotted towards one of the odd corners of the den where a tattered nest of rags were left vacant. "This is your nest. Feel free to..place your bags here." She forced down another smile as Artificer shook his bags off and awkwardly began to remove his smaller satchels. Unable to watch any longer, Jekusea left to join Imoen in sorting last night's loot, giving a unnoticed flick of the tail as a 'goodbye.' Aside from Artificer, only one other dragon remained in the den. Ravenspine watched the Ridgeback off-load in eerie silence, occasionally returning back to her pearl when she felt the newcomer noticed her gaze. With his bags neatly tucked into the corner, Artificer plopped into his nest and finally noticed the Pearlcatcher beside him. His curiosity getting the better of him, he began as a coo, "You are a Pearlcatcher, no? I have yet to meet one." His magenta eyes dropped to Ravenspine's pearl, the true purpose of his greeting, "Your pearl...it's..cracked...yet still emitting a magic pulse..." Ravenspine growled and shoved the pearl closer to her chest. "Oh no, no! Don't worry, I won't take it or anything'! I was just...curious..." Ravenspine let out a low "[i]hurr[/i]" and readjusted herself to fit neater in her nest, laying her head on the blankets, her chartreuse eyes locked onto the ridgeback. "I'll just-" Artficier shifted himself away from the Pearlcatcher. After a moment longer of glaring, the navy dragon shut her eyes and gripped her pearl tight. "I...won't take it...or anything.." [center][emoji=hourglass size=1][/center] "Ravenspine, [i]where[/i] is the new recruit?" Even with the entire den staring at her, the navy Pearlcatcher kept her focus locked on her claws, giving only a careless shrug in response. "You should know, seeing as he [i]was [/i]in the den with you." Imoen nabbed with a snap. Jekusea stood at her side, a slight expression of worry laid across her face for the entertainment she just lost. The navy sorcerer shrugged again and ignored the frustrated growl Imoen replied with. Only Frir could make out the tiny smirk as the sorcerer wiped her stained talons into the dirt. The ridgeback lifted her chin in admiration, a new gallery opportunities swirling through her head. "What a shame." Kakir replied with a unconvincing sigh, the uncaring tone evident in the way he picked at his talons. When the den gave no protest to his disgraceful attitude, he let out a chuckle and flew over to the decorous leather bags lying in the dust and began clawing through the inventor's trinkets. He picked up a banded jade littered with hasty runes, which glowed faintly in the dusty shadows of the den. "...At least the idiot left some crap to sell." ----- [quote=Twistedstripe]It's been a while since the last post, huh? It took a while for fodder to age up/not be crazily priced, and my inability to roll 6s did not help. But after...9 failed recruits, we finally got a new member only to loose him immediately afterwards. Nice. At first I was [i]really [/i]hoping for any one of the banescales to join the crew, but now that I saw Artificer's fate I feel a but better. In other news, thanks to the loot and exalted fodder, I am finally out of debt! Hooray! While grinding all this fodder, I also got a festival chest, so that was neat. [emoji=treasure size=1] 51 568 [emoji=gem size=1] 0 [emoji=rainbow star 1 size=1] 1 [img]https://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/33800.png[/img] [/quote] [center][emoji=deer skull size=1][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942#post_2835942]Intro [/url]| [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942#post_42629313]King/Treasury[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942#post_42629315]Cast [/url]| [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942#post_42629316]Graveyard[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942#post_42629317]History[/url][/center]
2sUBT6r.png
|| 2 ||
|| A Bloody Test ||

"Who's turn is it to find us our new recruit?" Frir tore a piece off her shark and waited for a volunteer.

"I got the last one." Imoen gestured her tail at Jekusea, who perked her head up while chewing on a tulip.

Ravenspine said nothing. She licked the bristles of an dried thistle without a wince, which was enough of a sign to her den-mates.

Kakir bit down on the head off a mantis with a satisfying crunch, then looked to his subjects as he licked his lips free of mantis' juices.

"Guess I'll go get one, then." He threw the rest of the mantis into his mouth. "While I'm gone, expand the den a bit more."

The Failures:
59982028.png 60032861.png 60005202.png 60020765.png 60034978.png
60045985.png 60045988.png 60045987.png 60045989.png

The Successful:

60045995p.png Artificer | Artificer Inventor/Researcher | Day 2 |
Living up to his name, Artificer exerts his curiosity and hunger for knowledge through convoluted-and often dangerous-experiments on the realm of magic. He sees no need to scale down or hinder his research; his reckless disregard for the safety of dragon, flora and fauna alike has resulted in him being outcast from his home in the Starfall Isles by his clan. He has continued his research as a member of the Skull Syndicate and has found a home in its more lax rules, where his dangerous experiments are welcomed by his criminal allies.

18 = Duel time!
Duel time! It seems to dragons got a little heated. Take two random not-leader dragons into the coli and exalt whoever faints first, and level the survivor by one.
.................................................. 59929111p.png 60045995p.png
Ravenspine and Artificer's rivalry has become bloody!

Welp, as quick as he came, Artificer has been lost. The enemies could not seem to keep their claws off him, and while he got torn to shreds, Ravenspine was left in perfect condition.

Ravenspine is now up to level 7, and is now also a member of the "1 level away from tying with the Bone King" gang.

But....why did Ravenspine kill Artificer....?

"This where I'm supposed to live?" Artificer gazed around the dingy hovel with an agitated frown. His nostrils stung from the smell, and he could taste what he could only assume was rotting flesh, even with his mouth closed.

"I know, I know, it's not much. But what were you expecting in the middle of a wasteland, a palace?" Jekusea teased, a hint of similar agitation lacing her words. "But yes, this is the den for now. Kakir promised a better den once our numbers grew some more."

"Will it have actual walls?" The Ridgeback peered through a hole in the logs, unimpressed at the view. His leather bags rattled as he shifted, and the skydancer smiled in amusement as the odd-coloured dragon stumbled around the den, his bags brushing and restricting his movement.

The nightshade skydancer trotted towards one of the odd corners of the den where a tattered nest of rags were left vacant. "This is your nest. Feel free to..place your bags here." She forced down another smile as Artificer shook his bags off and awkwardly began to remove his smaller satchels.

Unable to watch any longer, Jekusea left to join Imoen in sorting last night's loot, giving a unnoticed flick of the tail as a 'goodbye.' Aside from Artificer, only one other dragon remained in the den.

Ravenspine watched the Ridgeback off-load in eerie silence, occasionally returning back to her pearl when she felt the newcomer noticed her gaze. With his bags neatly tucked into the corner, Artificer plopped into his nest and finally noticed the Pearlcatcher beside him.

His curiosity getting the better of him, he began as a coo, "You are a Pearlcatcher, no? I have yet to meet one." His magenta eyes dropped to Ravenspine's pearl, the true purpose of his greeting, "Your pearl...it's..cracked...yet still emitting a magic pulse..."

Ravenspine growled and shoved the pearl closer to her chest.

"Oh no, no! Don't worry, I won't take it or anything'! I was just...curious..."

Ravenspine let out a low "hurr" and readjusted herself to fit neater in her nest, laying her head on the blankets, her chartreuse eyes locked onto the ridgeback.

"I'll just-" Artficier shifted himself away from the Pearlcatcher. After a moment longer of glaring, the navy dragon shut her eyes and gripped her pearl tight.

"I...won't take it...or anything.."

"Ravenspine, where is the new recruit?"

Even with the entire den staring at her, the navy Pearlcatcher kept her focus locked on her claws, giving only a careless shrug in response.

"You should know, seeing as he was in the den with you." Imoen nabbed with a snap. Jekusea stood at her side, a slight expression of worry laid across her face for the entertainment she just lost.

The navy sorcerer shrugged again and ignored the frustrated growl Imoen replied with. Only Frir could make out the tiny smirk as the sorcerer wiped her stained talons into the dirt. The ridgeback lifted her chin in admiration, a new gallery opportunities swirling through her head.

"What a shame." Kakir replied with a unconvincing sigh, the uncaring tone evident in the way he picked at his talons. When the den gave no protest to his disgraceful attitude, he let out a chuckle and flew over to the decorous leather bags lying in the dust and began clawing through the inventor's trinkets. He picked up a banded jade littered with hasty runes, which glowed faintly in the dusty shadows of the den.

"...At least the idiot left some crap to sell."

Twistedstripe wrote:
It's been a while since the last post, huh?

It took a while for fodder to age up/not be crazily priced, and my inability to roll 6s did not help. But after...9 failed recruits, we finally got a new member only to loose him immediately afterwards. Nice. At first I was really hoping for any one of the banescales to join the crew, but now that I saw Artificer's fate I feel a but better.

In other news, thanks to the loot and exalted fodder, I am finally out of debt! Hooray! While grinding all this fodder, I also got a festival chest, so that was neat.

51 568
33800.png
QBIWg1o.png
. Twistedstripe
FR+3 || he/him

.... OvfZqTx.gif
[img]http://i.imgur.com/2sUBT6r.png[/img] [center][size=6][font=Castellar]|| 3 ||[/size][/center] [center][size=5][font=Castellar]|| Leeches in the Food Stock ||[/size][/center] [size=5]"T[/size]hank the deities we're out of that [i]horrendous [/i]hole." Jekusea exclaimed with the joyous flap of her wings. Kakir, leading the squad from the front, turned to shoot a glare at the skydancer, and she immediately dropped her gaze to avoid his cold eyes. Their hovel, temporary as it was, fell apart, and after scavenging their loot from the pile of branches they awoke under, the syndicate swiftly set off to find a new base. If they were lucky, they would find an old clan camp-if not, they would have no choice but to live out of another hovel. Secretly they all longed for walls made of anything other than logs, but the chances of finding a stone castle vacant for their arrival were slim to none. Imoen trotted next to her apprentice in fatigued silence, the numerous bags littering her back shifting and rattling their shiny contents as she drifted along. Frir, also silent, had too taken up the job as "clan mule." Artificer's leather satchels hung around her body and rattled just as much, the worn straps clinging to her scales. Every few minutes the Ridgeback made sure to remind her companions that their bags were worth less than junk. And, to her credit, Frir was partly correct. Their treasures, while perhaps valuable in other domains, were not worth much in the Scarred Wasteland. The mirror packs that roamed across these badlands had no interest in the jewellery and trinkets they held, though they were willing to take the bones and armour off their talons for solid coin. Aside from the clan Jekusea and Imoen had robbed a few days earlier, no clan had a fancy for their loot. If they wished to receive their fortune's true value, they would have to migrate elsewhere. Unfortunately for them, a criminal organization of such small stature would be easily trampled among the noble clans of other domains. So, at least for the time being, the Skull Syndicate would remain in Plaguebringer's domain. If the Syndicate even survived. Just as Kakir was to declare a hunting stop, the faint, hurried flaps of Andii caught his attention. The spiral medic, small and frail, had left to scout out new encampments hours ago; the excited twists and dances she performed as she returned lifted the sleepless fog that clouded the menagerie's senses, and when she finally landed, the clan had gathered around her in hopeful anticipation. "Big camp. Huts, tents. No dragons! Abandoned!" Andii cooed between gasps. Kakir could almost taste the excitment that flooded his subjects. "Frir, Imoen, Andii," he nodded his head, "-stay here and rest. Jekusea, Ravenspine, go get us some food." He glided towards a tendril and propped himself upon it, a makeshift throne to decree orders. "After we've eaten, we will take the camp and claim it as ours!" ----- [size=5][font=Castellar]Phase 1: Recruit[/size] [b]The Failures:[/b] [i]No failures. [emoji=mirror deadpan size=1][/i] [b]The Successful:[/b] [i]The recruits that passed the test and are now members of the Skull Syndicate![/i] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60070457][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/600705/60070457p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [b]Phovotos[/b] | Toxicologist/Leech | Day 3 | [emoji=nature rune size=1] Also known as the "Plague of Sorienth," this deplorable medic wanders Sorienth in search of desperate, dying clans, in which he swoops in, sells his "cures" for absurd prices, and leaves just as quickly as he came. His methods range from useless to fatal, from leeches to toxins, and shows no mercy for any of his victims. He "joined" the Skull Syndicate by force, and is now their prisoner. [/columns] ----- [size=5][font=Castellar]Phase 2: Drama[/size] [center][emoji=d20 size=1] 7 = Kids can do crimes too! [i]Grab the cheapest hatchie off the AH. Level it to 5 when it comes of age.[/i][/center] [center][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/601603/60160224_350.png[/img][/center] [center]Meet Obsidian! This little girl is 3 days away from adulthood, and was nice and cheap![/center] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60160224][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/601603/60160224p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [b]Obsidian[/b] | Hatchling | Day 3 | [emoji=shadow rune size=1] Found as a hatchling by the Syndicate in an abandoned camp belonging to her dead clan. Named for the shiny rocks that litter her body, similar to that of the gem. [/columns] ----- [size=5]T[/size]he camp was, truly, abandoned. By whom and for what reason was yet to be determined, but the syndicate did not hesitate to get themselves settled inside the vacant clearing anyways. Jekusea gasped as she glided into the clearing, taking a brief a moment to embrace the stone and life she had longed for since she first slept in the hovel. When the other members arrived to admire their new home, she swiftly flew towards the most lavish tent she could see to claim for herself-a large tent made of various, dense pelts hastily stitched together, which she could only assume had belonged to the leader of the missing clan. The skydancer slipped through the entryway, shaking the dense cloth shield off her head. The scarce light that entered the open mouth could not dispel the darkness inside, but in the brief flash of light she had brought when she had entered was enough to cast a light upon the tent's contents. Jekusea mouth dropped and a shiver ran across her spine. Lying upon a bed of furs was a dragon; a mirror, pale and lifeless, covered in oozing green boils and red tendrils that clung and dug into his lemon scales. Flies clambered and hovered over the body. The scent of death overcame Jekusea's senses, and she forced back the urge to vomit as scrambled to flee the tent. "T-theres....there's a....dea-" "A dead dragon in the tent?" Frir stepped out from behind the neighbouring hut, which stood far larger than the skydancer's. With an eerily cool sigh, she elaborated, "Yeah, there was one in mine too." The stench of rot clung to her scales. "Same here." Kakir fluttered towards the pair. "The dragon had boils and tendrils all over it. A parasite, or something like it." He noticed the nighshade dragon looking pale, and said with a hiss of disgust, "If you're going to vomit, at least do it [i]outside [/i]the camp." Their conversation was cut short as the group of dragons turned their heads towards the scramble of talons behind them. Imoen and Andii charged towards them, a strange black and white shape dangling in the Imperial's mouth as the spiral chirped out in a panic. When they came closer, Jekusea forced down her vomit and dashed to receive the hatchling from the theif; the skydancer hatchling continued to cry as the dragons stared at her in suprise. "Where did you-" Jekusea fixed the hatchling's feathers as she spoke, instinct guiding her talons as she readjusted her grip and tapped her beak to the hatchling's brow. "From the nesting hut. She was all alone in there, no mother or anything." Imoen slurred between gasps. Andii twirled herself around the hatchling and began to assess it between soothing coos, then left to rustle in her bags for herbs. "A swift evacuation. And recent," was all Kakir could comment. Frir said nothing, watching the other dragons soothe and cuddle the hatchling as their medic fed it a poultice. As they watched, they were again interrupted, this time by Ravenspine, who appeared without a word with a squirming green spiral clenched between her fangs. "Let me go, you...you thing!" He scratched at the Pearlcatcher's snout to no effect, and the navy dragon calmly trotted forward with a pensive twinkle in her eyes. Frir snarled and used her talon to catch the spiral's neck, holding him still as Kakir perched on her snout. "And [i]you [/i]are?" Kakir demanded. "Ph-phovotos," Phovotos gasped. "Phovotos?" Frir said with a smirk, "The Plague of Sorienth?" When Kakir tilted his head in confusion, Frir mumbled, "He scams people using miracle cures and poison, taking advantage of their desperation to empty their pockets. Clans across Sorienth curse his presence." She glared at the spiral, "A respectable but...short-lived career." Kakir pondered for a moment, then asked with a smile, "Do you think he could be valuable?" Frir smirked, "Oh, [i]definitely[/i]. He's hated not just because he kills people, but takes all their treasure too." She then added, "If not, we could always give him in to a clan for a bounty." "Then we'll keep him." Just as he declared this, Imoen called for someone to get their newfound hatchling some food; the prisoner was locked into an old birdcage they found in a tent, and their attention returned to their newest member. "We named her Obsidian, for the black rocks on her scales," Jekusea pointed to the black rubble glued beneath her violet eyes with a smile. "Andii says she's healthy, no sign of that strange sickness." Kakir fought back a protest: the last thing they needed was another mouth to feed on top of their new prisoner. But Andii's sent a cold glare into the Nocturne's eyes, and he could only predict the outcry that would arise from his order, so he said nothing. The Bone King flew off into his tent, mumbling beneath his breath, "No freeloaders." ----- [quote=Twistedstripe]It was honestly a bit disappointing to not exalt any fodder today, but it's not like I would have profited much with how high the fodder price is (or was) when I was recruiting. The profit went down because of purchasing Obsidian, but its just a small dent, so no worries yet. Overall, this was a pretty easy day [s]aside from all that writing. [/s] [emoji=treasure size=1] 46 568 [emoji=gem size=1] 0 [emoji=rainbow star 1 size=1] 1 [/quote] [center][emoji=deer skull size=1][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942#post_2835942]Intro [/url]| [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942#post_42629313]King/Treasury[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942#post_42629315]Cast [/url]| [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942#post_42629316]Graveyard[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942#post_42629317]History[/url][/center]
2sUBT6r.png
|| 3 ||
|| Leeches in the Food Stock ||

"Thank the deities we're out of that horrendous hole." Jekusea exclaimed with the joyous flap of her wings. Kakir, leading the squad from the front, turned to shoot a glare at the skydancer, and she immediately dropped her gaze to avoid his cold eyes.

Their hovel, temporary as it was, fell apart, and after scavenging their loot from the pile of branches they awoke under, the syndicate swiftly set off to find a new base. If they were lucky, they would find an old clan camp-if not, they would have no choice but to live out of another hovel. Secretly they all longed for walls made of anything other than logs, but the chances of finding a stone castle vacant for their arrival were slim to none.

Imoen trotted next to her apprentice in fatigued silence, the numerous bags littering her back shifting and rattling their shiny contents as she drifted along. Frir, also silent, had too taken up the job as "clan mule." Artificer's leather satchels hung around her body and rattled just as much, the worn straps clinging to her scales. Every few minutes the Ridgeback made sure to remind her companions that their bags were worth less than junk.

And, to her credit, Frir was partly correct. Their treasures, while perhaps valuable in other domains, were not worth much in the Scarred Wasteland. The mirror packs that roamed across these badlands had no interest in the jewellery and trinkets they held, though they were willing to take the bones and armour off their talons for solid coin. Aside from the clan Jekusea and Imoen had robbed a few days earlier, no clan had a fancy for their loot.

If they wished to receive their fortune's true value, they would have to migrate elsewhere.

Unfortunately for them, a criminal organization of such small stature would be easily trampled among the noble clans of other domains.

So, at least for the time being, the Skull Syndicate would remain in Plaguebringer's domain.

If the Syndicate even survived.

Just as Kakir was to declare a hunting stop, the faint, hurried flaps of Andii caught his attention. The spiral medic, small and frail, had left to scout out new encampments hours ago; the excited twists and dances she performed as she returned lifted the sleepless fog that clouded the menagerie's senses, and when she finally landed, the clan had gathered around her in hopeful anticipation.

"Big camp. Huts, tents. No dragons! Abandoned!" Andii cooed between gasps.

Kakir could almost taste the excitment that flooded his subjects.

"Frir, Imoen, Andii," he nodded his head, "-stay here and rest. Jekusea, Ravenspine, go get us some food." He glided towards a tendril and propped himself upon it, a makeshift throne to decree orders. "After we've eaten, we will take the camp and claim it as ours!"

The Failures:
No failures.

The Successful:

60070457p.png Phovotos | Toxicologist/Leech | Day 3 |
Also known as the "Plague of Sorienth," this deplorable medic wanders Sorienth in search of desperate, dying clans, in which he swoops in, sells his "cures" for absurd prices, and leaves just as quickly as he came. His methods range from useless to fatal, from leeches to toxins, and shows no mercy for any of his victims. He "joined" the Skull Syndicate by force, and is now their prisoner.

7 = Kids can do crimes too!
Grab the cheapest hatchie off the AH. Level it to 5 when it comes of age.
60160224_350.png
Meet Obsidian! This little girl is 3 days away from adulthood, and was nice and cheap!
60160224p.png Obsidian | Hatchling | Day 3 |
Found as a hatchling by the Syndicate in an abandoned camp belonging to her dead clan. Named for the shiny rocks that litter her body, similar to that of the gem.

The camp was, truly, abandoned. By whom and for what reason was yet to be determined, but the syndicate did not hesitate to get themselves settled inside the vacant clearing anyways.

Jekusea gasped as she glided into the clearing, taking a brief a moment to embrace the stone and life she had longed for since she first slept in the hovel. When the other members arrived to admire their new home, she swiftly flew towards the most lavish tent she could see to claim for herself-a large tent made of various, dense pelts hastily stitched together, which she could only assume had belonged to the leader of the missing clan.

The skydancer slipped through the entryway, shaking the dense cloth shield off her head. The scarce light that entered the open mouth could not dispel the darkness inside, but in the brief flash of light she had brought when she had entered was enough to cast a light upon the tent's contents. Jekusea mouth dropped and a shiver ran across her spine.

Lying upon a bed of furs was a dragon; a mirror, pale and lifeless, covered in oozing green boils and red tendrils that clung and dug into his lemon scales. Flies clambered and hovered over the body. The scent of death overcame Jekusea's senses, and she forced back the urge to vomit as scrambled to flee the tent.

"T-theres....there's a....dea-"

"A dead dragon in the tent?" Frir stepped out from behind the neighbouring hut, which stood far larger than the skydancer's. With an eerily cool sigh, she elaborated, "Yeah, there was one in mine too." The stench of rot clung to her scales.

"Same here." Kakir fluttered towards the pair. "The dragon had boils and tendrils all over it. A parasite, or something like it." He noticed the nighshade dragon looking pale, and said with a hiss of disgust, "If you're going to vomit, at least do it outside the camp."

Their conversation was cut short as the group of dragons turned their heads towards the scramble of talons behind them. Imoen and Andii charged towards them, a strange black and white shape dangling in the Imperial's mouth as the spiral chirped out in a panic. When they came closer, Jekusea forced down her vomit and dashed to receive the hatchling from the theif; the skydancer hatchling continued to cry as the dragons stared at her in suprise.

"Where did you-" Jekusea fixed the hatchling's feathers as she spoke, instinct guiding her talons as she readjusted her grip and tapped her beak to the hatchling's brow.

"From the nesting hut. She was all alone in there, no mother or anything." Imoen slurred between gasps. Andii twirled herself around the hatchling and began to assess it between soothing coos, then left to rustle in her bags for herbs.

"A swift evacuation. And recent," was all Kakir could comment. Frir said nothing, watching the other dragons soothe and cuddle the hatchling as their medic fed it a poultice. As they watched, they were again interrupted, this time by Ravenspine, who appeared without a word with a squirming green spiral clenched between her fangs.

"Let me go, you...you thing!" He scratched at the Pearlcatcher's snout to no effect, and the navy dragon calmly trotted forward with a pensive twinkle in her eyes. Frir snarled and used her talon to catch the spiral's neck, holding him still as Kakir perched on her snout.

"And you are?" Kakir demanded.

"Ph-phovotos," Phovotos gasped.

"Phovotos?" Frir said with a smirk, "The Plague of Sorienth?" When Kakir tilted his head in confusion, Frir mumbled, "He scams people using miracle cures and poison, taking advantage of their desperation to empty their pockets. Clans across Sorienth curse his presence." She glared at the spiral, "A respectable but...short-lived career."

Kakir pondered for a moment, then asked with a smile, "Do you think he could be valuable?"

Frir smirked, "Oh, definitely. He's hated not just because he kills people, but takes all their treasure too." She then added, "If not, we could always give him in to a clan for a bounty."

"Then we'll keep him." Just as he declared this, Imoen called for someone to get their newfound hatchling some food; the prisoner was locked into an old birdcage they found in a tent, and their attention returned to their newest member.

"We named her Obsidian, for the black rocks on her scales," Jekusea pointed to the black rubble glued beneath her violet eyes with a smile. "Andii says she's healthy, no sign of that strange sickness."

Kakir fought back a protest: the last thing they needed was another mouth to feed on top of their new prisoner. But Andii's sent a cold glare into the Nocturne's eyes, and he could only predict the outcry that would arise from his order, so he said nothing.

The Bone King flew off into his tent, mumbling beneath his breath, "No freeloaders."

Twistedstripe wrote:
It was honestly a bit disappointing to not exalt any fodder today, but it's not like I would have profited much with how high the fodder price is (or was) when I was recruiting.

The profit went down because of purchasing Obsidian, but its just a small dent, so no worries yet.

Overall, this was a pretty easy day aside from all that writing.

46 568
QBIWg1o.png
. Twistedstripe
FR+3 || he/him

.... OvfZqTx.gif
[img]http://i.imgur.com/2sUBT6r.png[/img] [center][size=6][font=Castellar]|| 4 ||[/size][/center] [center][size=5][font=Castellar]|| Two Hatchlings, Two Giants ||[/size][/center] [size=5]O[/size]bsidian chirped in delight as Jeksuea dangled a grub in front of her, then ripped it out of her talons to feast on while the nightshade skydancer chuckled. Imoen and Andii, too, played with the hatchling, dangling and playing with their rations to watch the hatchling, too, steal it with her tiny claws. Kakir and Frir, opposite to the small fire that they circled, watched the group with disgust as they nibbled on their rations, the hatchling's spell having no effect on them. In hushed grumbles, they exchanged their contempt: "...leech on the food stock..." "...distraction..." "...this is a criminal organization, not a broodmother den...." Their hatred of the hatchling was not helped by the strange lack of food in the area, which had forced Kakir to resort to rationing their already small gatherings. Their empty stomachs made the hatchling's wails induce headaches that could send a lesser dragon into a rage. Frir tore the claws off of her crayfish and bit into them with a satisfying crunch, the fire than burned inside her slowly starting to die as the fishy taste caked her mouth. But then, as if on cue, a sharp shriek jumped from beside her: "H-hey, HEY! St-stop that, STOP THAAATT!" Phovotos screeched; Ravenspine met Frir's furious gaze with slight smile across her face as her talon continued to shake the spiral's cage, seemingly deaf to his pleas. The spiral continued to cry out as the pearlcatcher tortured the tiny prisoner, and suddenly Frir's fire burst into a raging blaze, her head pounding, the camp becoming a blur. "SHUT UP! SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UP!" The ridgeback screamed. The clearing was thrust into silence. Phovotos held his snout shut as Ravenspine brought the shaking cage to a halt and observed the ridgeback with slight guilt. Then, the tiny whimpers of a hatchling. Obsidian began to sniffle. "FRIR! You scared Obsidian!" Imoen snarled, glaring at Frir as the hatchling's whimpers began to rise into a wail. Jeksuea and Andii's desperate attempt to soothe the child only seemed to make her cry louder. The ridgeback stood frozen in pure anger. Her head pounding and ears near deafened, Frir launched herself out of the clearing with a powerful flap of her wings, no care to the gust she created, her tail lashing furiously as she did. Her claws twitched in anticipation as she rose higher into the sky until the camp and sounds of the hatchling were gone. Her eyes watered, and she let out a roar of frustration. She continued let our sharp breaths between clenched teeth as she glided, not yet noticing the small black shape that had been trailing behind her. As her pace slowed and mind stopped pounding, a Nocturne appeared to her left. Kakir was silent. Frir took notice to him in the corner of her eye but gave no protest to his presence. "...where are you planning to go?" "Somewhere far away from that hatchling." ----- [size=5][font=Castellar]Phase 1: Recruit[/size] [b]The Failures:[/b] [i]The recruits that were not worthy of joining the ranks. Farewell![/i] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60094833][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/600949/60094833.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60094834][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/600949/60094834.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60094835][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/600949/60094835.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60094836][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/600949/60094836.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60094837][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/600949/60094837.png[/img][/url] [/columns] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60114084][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/601141/60114084.png[/img][/url] [/columns] [b]The Successful:[/b] [i]The recruits that passed the test and are now members of the Skull Syndicate![/i] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60120361][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/601204/60120361p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [b]Rhian[/b] | Vagabond | Day 4 | [emoji=plague rune size=1] This tall, sinister Imperial joined the Syndicate along with his "friends" Zevon and Carnelian for seemingly no reason. His true motives remain a secret, hidden behind a small smile that never leaves his face and a voice that soothes the mind. He appears to have some sort of connection to the Whisperers of Blight that once lived in what is now the Syndicate's camp, although he refuses to elaborate on such matters. [/columns] ----- [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60109057][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/601091/60109057p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [b]Zevon[/b] | Vagabond | Day 4 | [emoji=lightning rune size=1] Rhian's "companion." He never speaks or blinks, and possibly doesn't breathe, either. Rhian keeps him wrapped around his neck like a choker, although he will occasionally try and slither away. Rhian insists Zevon's been his "friend" since he was a hatchling, although their relationship is more of a "master and pet" than a friendship. Other than what his owner says, not much else is known of the mute spiral. [/columns] ----- [size=5][font=Castellar]Phase 2: Drama[/size] [center][emoji=d20 size=1] 2 = A Scandal! [i]Pick two of your ready to breed dragons at random if you have any. Put them on a nest. The babies will join your crime organization when they hatch. Level them to 5 when they come of age. If the parents would be exalted while they’re on the nest, wait until their nest hatches and Then exalt them. If nobody is ready to breed, grab a random hatchie off the AH. A secret forbidden child or sibling has been uncovered.[/i] [center]Well, no members are ready to breed so....off to but a hatchie![/center] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/602316/60231597_350.png[/img] Meet Carnelian! He's a one day old Gaoler from the Light, and was pretty cheap for his genes! [/center] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60231597][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/602316/60231597p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [b]Carnelian[/b] | Hatcling | Day 4 | [emoji=light rune size=1] A Gaoler that belongs to Rhain. How and why a Plague Imperial has a Light hatchling, it's best not to ask... [/columns] ----- [size=5]"S[/size]o, [i]you [/i]are the new inhabitants of the old Whisperers of Blight camp?" The tall, flint Imperial titled his head in question, an ominous smirk matching his ambitious maroon eyes. A spiral hung wrapped around his tall neck, gazing at Kakir with wide cyan eyes, bobbing with excitement; the Imperial lifted a talon to scratch Zevon's small head. "If we're talking of the same camp, then yes." Kakir met Rhian's gaze with a powerful one of his own, unflinching at the Imperial's towering stature over him and trying not to look at Zevon, who slithered around his master's neck with unblinking eyes. The Imperial's expression remained still as his eyes lifted to scan Frir, who stood right at his level. "It's good to see that the clan finally met their end. Those...[i]idiots[/i] were too...headstrong for my taste." While glaring at the Ridgeback, he intoned with a cheery tune, "They wouldn't leave their dead if Plaguebringer herself commanded them to." This Imperial was hiding something, to say the least. "Well? Are you coming or what?" Frir growled. Her instincts tugged at her brain, making her stomach knot as she watched the living necklace snake carefully down the Imperial's neck. "Oh yes! All three of us." When he noticed Zevon slithering towards The Bone King, he swiftly lifted the spiral off of the dust and wrapped him around his neck, to which the spiral gave no protest. "Zevon, Carnelian and I will all join." As if on command, a small fluffy hatchling crawled out from under him; the fiery Gaoler blinked up at Frir. "[i]Ooh[/i], no." Frir hissed, "We are [i]not [/i]taking care of another hatchling. That...[i]thing [/i]stays here." Her tail gestured at the pumpkin-furred hatchling, who looked up at her with large, yellow eyes. "Oh, he very much does. He [i]must[/i] come with us or our alliance is off. I..I promised a friend I would take care of him." Rhian looked down to smile at the hatchling, who stared back with a lifeless expression. The Bone King looked at Frir, then to Carnelian, and back to Rhian. "Fine. But you are feeding it, sleeping with it or whatever else the damn thing needs." The grey Imperial nodded with the same, awful smile, "Of course, of course." Frir glared at Kakir in disbelief, and the Nocturne flew to lead them home. As the menagerie began their trek, he came next to her head and whispered with a hiss: "I know, I know. But this dragon...something about him...something about that Gaoler hatchling...it...we [i]need[/i] them on [i]our [/i]side." ----- [quote=Twistedstripe] Three new members!? I though this was a Fodderlocke, not a Pinkerlocke! My dice have some explaining to do. [s]Now I barely have enough slots to hold more fodder hatchlings :([/s] Uh, no cool loot, but my earnings soared after exalting all the fodder mirrors I bred for free, so that's cool I guess. [emoji=treasure size=1] 91099 [emoji=gem size=1] 0 [s](is it even possible to get gems from fodder?)[/s] [emoji=rainbow star 1 size=1] 1 [/quote] [center][emoji=deer skull size=1][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942#post_2835942]Intro [/url]| [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942#post_42629313]King/Treasury[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942#post_42629315]Cast [/url]| [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942#post_42629316]Graveyard[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2835942#post_42629317]History[/url][/center]
2sUBT6r.png
|| 4 ||
|| Two Hatchlings, Two Giants ||

Obsidian chirped in delight as Jeksuea dangled a grub in front of her, then ripped it out of her talons to feast on while the nightshade skydancer chuckled. Imoen and Andii, too, played with the hatchling, dangling and playing with their rations to watch the hatchling, too, steal it with her tiny claws.

Kakir and Frir, opposite to the small fire that they circled, watched the group with disgust as they nibbled on their rations, the hatchling's spell having no effect on them. In hushed grumbles, they exchanged their contempt: "...leech on the food stock..." "...distraction..." "...this is a criminal organization, not a broodmother den...." Their hatred of the hatchling was not helped by the strange lack of food in the area, which had forced Kakir to resort to rationing their already small gatherings. Their empty stomachs made the hatchling's wails induce headaches that could send a lesser dragon into a rage.

Frir tore the claws off of her crayfish and bit into them with a satisfying crunch, the fire than burned inside her slowly starting to die as the fishy taste caked her mouth. But then, as if on cue, a sharp shriek jumped from beside her:

"H-hey, HEY! St-stop that, STOP THAAATT!" Phovotos screeched; Ravenspine met Frir's furious gaze with slight smile across her face as her talon continued to shake the spiral's cage, seemingly deaf to his pleas. The spiral continued to cry out as the pearlcatcher tortured the tiny prisoner, and suddenly Frir's fire burst into a raging blaze, her head pounding, the camp becoming a blur.

"SHUT UP! SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UP!" The ridgeback screamed.

The clearing was thrust into silence. Phovotos held his snout shut as Ravenspine brought the shaking cage to a halt and observed the ridgeback with slight guilt.

Then, the tiny whimpers of a hatchling. Obsidian began to sniffle.

"FRIR! You scared Obsidian!" Imoen snarled, glaring at Frir as the hatchling's whimpers began to rise into a wail. Jeksuea and Andii's desperate attempt to soothe the child only seemed to make her cry louder.

The ridgeback stood frozen in pure anger. Her head pounding and ears near deafened, Frir launched herself out of the clearing with a powerful flap of her wings, no care to the gust she created, her tail lashing furiously as she did. Her claws twitched in anticipation as she rose higher into the sky until the camp and sounds of the hatchling were gone. Her eyes watered, and she let out a roar of frustration.

She continued let our sharp breaths between clenched teeth as she glided, not yet noticing the small black shape that had been trailing behind her.

As her pace slowed and mind stopped pounding, a Nocturne appeared to her left.

Kakir was silent. Frir took notice to him in the corner of her eye but gave no protest to his presence.

"...where are you planning to go?"

"Somewhere far away from that hatchling."

The Failures:
60094833.png 60094834.png 60094835.png 60094836.png 60094837.png
60114084.png

The Successful:

60120361p.png Rhian | Vagabond | Day 4 |
This tall, sinister Imperial joined the Syndicate along with his "friends" Zevon and Carnelian for seemingly no reason. His true motives remain a secret, hidden behind a small smile that never leaves his face and a voice that soothes the mind. He appears to have some sort of connection to the Whisperers of Blight that once lived in what is now the Syndicate's camp, although he refuses to elaborate on such matters.

60109057p.png Zevon | Vagabond | Day 4 |
Rhian's "companion." He never speaks or blinks, and possibly doesn't breathe, either. Rhian keeps him wrapped around his neck like a choker, although he will occasionally try and slither away. Rhian insists Zevon's been his "friend" since he was a hatchling, although their relationship is more of a "master and pet" than a friendship. Other than what his owner says, not much else is known of the mute spiral.

2 = A Scandal!
Pick two of your ready to breed dragons at random if you have any. Put them on a nest. The babies will join your crime organization when they hatch. Level them to 5 when they come of age. If the parents would be exalted while they’re on the nest, wait until their nest hatches and Then exalt them. If nobody is ready to breed, grab a random hatchie off the AH. A secret forbidden child or sibling has been uncovered.
Well, no members are ready to breed so....off to but a hatchie!

60231597_350.png

Meet Carnelian! He's a one day old Gaoler from the Light, and was pretty cheap for his genes!
60231597p.png Carnelian | Hatcling | Day 4 |
A Gaoler that belongs to Rhain. How and why a Plague Imperial has a Light hatchling, it's best not to ask...

"So, you are the new inhabitants of the old Whisperers of Blight camp?" The tall, flint Imperial titled his head in question, an ominous smirk matching his ambitious maroon eyes. A spiral hung wrapped around his tall neck, gazing at Kakir with wide cyan eyes, bobbing with excitement; the Imperial lifted a talon to scratch Zevon's small head.

"If we're talking of the same camp, then yes." Kakir met Rhian's gaze with a powerful one of his own, unflinching at the Imperial's towering stature over him and trying not to look at Zevon, who slithered around his master's neck with unblinking eyes.

The Imperial's expression remained still as his eyes lifted to scan Frir, who stood right at his level. "It's good to see that the clan finally met their end. Those...idiots were too...headstrong for my taste." While glaring at the Ridgeback, he intoned with a cheery tune, "They wouldn't leave their dead if Plaguebringer herself commanded them to."

This Imperial was hiding something, to say the least. "Well? Are you coming or what?" Frir growled. Her instincts tugged at her brain, making her stomach knot as she watched the living necklace snake carefully down the Imperial's neck.

"Oh yes! All three of us." When he noticed Zevon slithering towards The Bone King, he swiftly lifted the spiral off of the dust and wrapped him around his neck, to which the spiral gave no protest. "Zevon, Carnelian and I will all join." As if on command, a small fluffy hatchling crawled out from under him; the fiery Gaoler blinked up at Frir.

"Ooh, no." Frir hissed, "We are not taking care of another hatchling. That...thing stays here." Her tail gestured at the pumpkin-furred hatchling, who looked up at her with large, yellow eyes.

"Oh, he very much does. He must come with us or our alliance is off. I..I promised a friend I would take care of him." Rhian looked down to smile at the hatchling, who stared back with a lifeless expression.

The Bone King looked at Frir, then to Carnelian, and back to Rhian.

"Fine. But you are feeding it, sleeping with it or whatever else the damn thing needs."

The grey Imperial nodded with the same, awful smile, "Of course, of course."

Frir glared at Kakir in disbelief, and the Nocturne flew to lead them home. As the menagerie began their trek, he came next to her head and whispered with a hiss:

"I know, I know. But this dragon...something about him...something about that Gaoler hatchling...it...we need them on our side."

Twistedstripe wrote:
Three new members!? I though this was a Fodderlocke, not a Pinkerlocke! My dice have some explaining to do. Now I barely have enough slots to hold more fodder hatchlings :(

Uh, no cool loot, but my earnings soared after exalting all the fodder mirrors I bred for free, so that's cool I guess.

0 (is it even possible to get gems from fodder?)
QBIWg1o.png
. Twistedstripe
FR+3 || he/him

.... OvfZqTx.gif
1 2