Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Vow of Poverty Game! Follow Along!
1 2 ... 149 150 151 152 153 ... 269 270
It took a long time, but it didn’t matter. They were finally here. A Dark colored tundra walked out of the trees with 2 faes perched on the antlers, if the veilspun could come out of hiding easily, why couldn't they? [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/24py702d17y97rm/windmid.png[/img] [center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=62759761][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/627598/62759761p.png[/img] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=62838722][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/628388/62838722p.png[/img][/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=62838723][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/628388/62838723p.png[/img][/url] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/k1b4ynhewlhqjdz/windmidsmall.png[/img][/center] Hey, finally decided that I am read to take on the challenge after stalking it for so long cause I need a eliminate, a grinding team, and some completed dergs *looks at my massive WIP pile and pretends not to see it* and this seemed like a fun way to get some stuff done, so here we are! Uh, and happy Rockbreakers Ceremony. [emoji=coatl happy size=1]
It took a long time, but it didn’t matter. They were finally here. A Dark colored tundra walked out of the trees with 2 faes perched on the antlers, if the veilspun could come out of hiding easily, why couldn't they?

windmid.png

Hey, finally decided that I am read to take on the challenge after stalking it for so long cause I need a eliminate, a grinding team, and some completed dergs *looks at my massive WIP pile and pretends not to see it* and this seemed like a fun way to get some stuff done, so here we are! Uh, and happy Rockbreakers Ceremony.
lHdQ8WC.gif arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Fr time +3
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Any pronouns
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Likes GI and HSR
@Spirice welcome!!! I wish you the best of luck [emoji=gaoler laughing size=2] I can't wait to see their story developed (if you're doing that in the forum of course) ^<^
@Spirice welcome!!! I wish you the best of luck I can't wait to see their story developed (if you're doing that in the forum of course) ^<^

1C4RmMC.png
mlHpBMC.png
LF :: nests of
yMgLfNO.pnggem.pngcherubgeneeggivory.pngFz6gBO0.png
@ZippoFeuer

Thanks! I probably will be doing that and I already have lore ideas for Tidewood (Hence the apparel). First, I will probably put a tracker in their bio before I start leveling them.
@ZippoFeuer

Thanks! I probably will be doing that and I already have lore ideas for Tidewood (Hence the apparel). First, I will probably put a tracker in their bio before I start leveling them.
lHdQ8WC.gif arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Fr time +3
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Any pronouns
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Likes GI and HSR
@ZippoFeuer Congratulations on the egg drop! But the real question is... was it something that you wanted?

I got 2 eggs in the same hour when trying to get Lazav's battle stones. I was so mad because the odds of getting an egg are astronomical, let alone 2 in the same hour, but no battle stones :(
@ZippoFeuer Congratulations on the egg drop! But the real question is... was it something that you wanted?

I got 2 eggs in the same hour when trying to get Lazav's battle stones. I was so mad because the odds of getting an egg are astronomical, let alone 2 in the same hour, but no battle stones :(
@Spirice Welcome! Are you gonna do it with all three of those dragons?
@Spirice Welcome! Are you gonna do it with all three of those dragons?
@Spirice

Welcome, welcome! I'll get those three added posthaste!
@Spirice

Welcome, welcome! I'll get those three added posthaste!
Looking for free lineage dragons? Level 25 rentals? Join an active community with frequent free raffles? Check out Vitali's Warriors!
@ZaHee

Lol,,, to be honest, t'were not something I really need or want xD

I definitely don't need another egg to become ANOTHER G1 project, so if anyone wants to trade a gene for it, I'll do that, but otherwise... I'm gonna sell it for my familiar quest hahaha xD
@ZaHee

Lol,,, to be honest, t'were not something I really need or want xD

I definitely don't need another egg to become ANOTHER G1 project, so if anyone wants to trade a gene for it, I'll do that, but otherwise... I'm gonna sell it for my familiar quest hahaha xD

1C4RmMC.png
mlHpBMC.png
@ZippoFeuer I'm actually planning on hatching my eggs to do another Vow of Poverty quest, but I'm just gonna get my other projects finished first XD
@ZippoFeuer I'm actually planning on hatching my eggs to do another Vow of Poverty quest, but I'm just gonna get my other projects finished first XD
@Lunartwist I bring another Vow Challenger, though he's quite unaware of there being a 'challenge' around this lifestyle; Leonis, the humble farmer! [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64577509][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/645776/64577509_350.png[/img][/url] [center][size=6]His Quest[/size] [size=5]Battle Relevant[/size] Scratch | Sap | Haste | Rally | Eliminate Berserker | Berserker | Berserker Ambush | Ambush Tincture of Dissolution [size=5]Familiar[/size] [size=5]Art/Other[/size] Bio | Vista | Art (of my own making) [size=5]Apparel[/size] [outfit=1387845] [b]Start[/b] | Next
@Lunartwist I bring another Vow Challenger, though he's quite unaware of there being a 'challenge' around this lifestyle; Leonis, the humble farmer!
64577509_350.png
His Quest

Battle Relevant
Scratch | Sap | Haste | Rally | Eliminate
Berserker | Berserker | Berserker
Ambush | Ambush
Tincture of Dissolution

Familiar

Art/Other
Bio | Vista | Art (of my own making)

Apparel
Leonis

Start | Next

1C4RmMC.png
mlHpBMC.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61215056][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/612151/61215056_350.png[/img][/url] [font=courier][b] PATRONS Breakfast was extravagant, the food gained through yesterday's Arena victories was enough to last the both of them at least a week. Glowtail had stuck around, though the next day it was obvious why. He was a hungry little familiar, and the Nocturne had been wandering around the Arena with loads of food in tow. Logically, it was no surprise he had followed him back home, and although he didn't seem to want any actual physical affection (attempts to pet him were met with him running away), he still stuck around for the prospect of more food. For now, it seemed that was where their relationship was at. With breakfast out of the way, it was time to check out the new areas he had unlocked last night. He wasn't sure [i]how[/i] but at the dead end of the hallway near the entry to the Arena, there was...a door. A door that definitely wasn't there yesterday. How had it just appeared? But then again, maybe this was normal? He couldn't remember anything before the few days he spent in here. Maybe things like this just appeared all the time. With a little bit of trepidation, he opened the door and stepped through. This hallway was much like the one previously, roughly the same length, but only two rooms instead of four. The double doors at the end looked like another entrance to the Arena, and the hallway ended with another doorway leading to another area. He'd check out the Arena areas in a bit, but for now he wanted to explore this new area. As he entered the closest door, he was met with...a bubbling cauldron. Before he could explore it further, that same automated voice as before regarded him over the loudspeaker. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/baldwin/cauldron_loading.gif[/img] "Congratulations on achieving level FOUR. Your advancement has unlocked a new hallway as well as new features you can take advantage of. This is the Alchemy Room. You can take extra items and reduce them down into various oozes and slimes. These materials are highly prices by some collectors, and can be traded for higher value items you may require. It takes 30 minutes to reduce an item. We hope you enjoy using this service." Curiously, the Nocturne took a handful of insects - a snack he was saving for later, and dumped them into the cauldron. It simmered for a moment as the food was enveloped by whatever greenish liquid was in there, and disappeared. He stared for a few minutes before remembering the voice said it took [i]30 minutes[/i] for the process to complete, so he exited the room and headed off to the next hallway. More pastel pink walls and floral paintings. Two more doors and a dead end. He didn't appear to be at a high enough level to unlock whatever was next. With a shrug, he headed off to the non-Arena doorway. This room was decorated in nothing more than another chute, though this one was larger, and had some sort of wheeled cart below it, obviously meant to carry many items at once. The most eye-catching thing was that one of the walls appeared to be a [i]screen[/i], with many buttons and options. Again, the voice rang out at soon as he entered. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/hubs/tradingpost_hover.png[/img] "Congratulations of achieving level SEVEN. This is a monumental level, as it marks your journey into much more difficult Arena levels. To advance to the next area, you will need to equip yourself properly with battlestones. The device you see before you is called the Trading Post. It is a trade and communication device between you, patrons, and other subjects. You can create a wishlist of items others can see, which patrons or other subjects may donate or wish to trade to you for something in return. You may also donate or trade to others as well. In addition to battlestones, you may also customize your design." "Design?" the Nocturne asked, unsure if the voice could really respond to him, or if it was just reading automated messages. The voice's response didn't seem to confirm or deny this yet, and just continued on. "Currently, you are a breed: NOCTURNE, with the genes: BASIC PRIMARY, BASIC SECONDARY, and BASIC TERTIARY. You can change your appearance any any time using scrolls. These scrolls however are extremely valuable, and you will be required to trade items of significant value, or many items of moderate value. It is recommended you use this screen to check the value of the items you have on your person and plan which ones you would like to use for trading." "Sometimes, a patron may sponsor you with a donation. These items are free and you can use them at any time. Patrons will not donate anything that is not on your wishlist so you do not gain excess items." "We hope you enjoy using this service." Patrons? Other subjects? What was going on? Who was he? Why was he doing this anyway? he tried to shout, to get the voice's attention so it could answer some questions, but to no avail. The other thing that could be heard was the soft droning hum of the screen in front of him and Glowtail's confused chittering. "No answers, huh? I guess if I finish whatever this activity is and make it to the end, I'll get some answers then, huh? In the meantime, let's check this out..." He played with the screen for what was probably hours. There was so much [i]content[/i]. He could see other wishlists, other items people had up for trade, items he could choose from, and how to make his own wishlist. Eventually, he came up with a look he liked. He couldn't believe that with a few items he could just [i]become[/i] this, but so far the voice hadn't lied to him. In the end, he chose: [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=164&bodygene=62&breed=19&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=2&tertgene=56&winggene=66&wings=112&auth=a6d6b8de581f88540128f306130495e792237713&dummyext=prev.png[/img] "Not a bad look, huh Glowtail?" he grinned to the familiar, who didn't seem to be all that impressed. "Well I think it's a good look, at least. And that's what matters right?" With his wishlist set up, he went straight into item trading. Many people seemed to wanted those slime-thingies from the Alchemy pot, which reminded him: he should check it back out. Floating at the top of the alchemy pot was some blue goop, which was quickly replaced by more of his insect snack. A half hour later and some reddish goop floated to the top. Exactly what he needed. Hurrying back to the Trading Post, he deposited the items into the chute, selected his trade and waited. "Trade acknowledged," said a different, automated voice from the screen. "Verifying items...Items verified. Initiating trade now." A louder hum and suddenly the chute opened, popping out exactly what he needed: [item=berserker][item=sap][item=reflect] The Sap he equipped immediately. Feeling giddy, he popped in a few more battlestones he had no use for, and received much more useful ones in return, three: [item=dark might fragment]. He was really starting to get the hang of this item trading. He bet if he worked hard, stayed in the lower level venue (despite no experience), he could gain a lot of items to trade. Suddenly the screen popped up with a message. "Thank you for using our service. THREE patrons have recognized your efforts and have awarded you with the following donations." Out from the chute popped the following: [item=berserker][item=berserker][item=ambush][item=ambush][item=tertiary gene: capsule (veilspun)] He couldn't believe it...so many items? From random strangers? But "recognizing his efforts"? Did that mean....people were watching him? His head tilted up, scanning the room, but found no windows or slots where someone could be spying on him. Shaking off the feeling of unease, he went back to, work, getting a gameplan for the following week. He could grind for experience later. What was more important was the items. And he'd take a break and try to search for only the most valuable ones. If he could get all his items, then the rest of this task would be a breeze. Many more hours of reducing items and getting slime and the Nocturne was beginning to feel tired. Glowtail was already asleep in a corner, not stirring a bit as the Nocturne picked him up and headed back to bed. Tomorrow was another day. And hopefully a day that gave him more answers. --------------------------- OKAY I SWEAR that is the last of the longposts LOL. It's like in a novel where you need to introduce the mechanics of the world and it takes forever. But after this post everything should be a lot shorter ahahaha. Also, I opened up an item-trade hub in the Item sales forum and OH MY GOD? I got so many responses and donations? I'm one pending trade away from getting all the Sedona-Build battlestones in a single day? And 1 out of 3 genes I needed? People were EXTREMELY generous! I guess if you're allowing item trades, this is definitely the way to go. The item-trade forum I made is also being used to keep track of valuable items I have in stock and their gem value, so I can formulate some trades for the future spendy stuff. (Looking at you, Veilspun gene. Hoping Night of the Nocturne next month becomes my cash cow, what with all the Noc eggs that drop.) Also, I have these battlestones up for donation: They don't have enough gem value to use for any other trades, so ping me if you want any: [item=aquatic acuity fragment] x2 [item=aquatic might fragment][item=natural might fragment][item=wave slash][item=thunder slash]
61215056_350.png

PATRONS

Breakfast was extravagant, the food gained through yesterday's Arena victories was enough to last the both of them at least a week. Glowtail had stuck around, though the next day it was obvious why. He was a hungry little familiar, and the Nocturne had been wandering around the Arena with loads of food in tow. Logically, it was no surprise he had followed him back home, and although he didn't seem to want any actual physical affection (attempts to pet him were met with him running away), he still stuck around for the prospect of more food. For now, it seemed that was where their relationship was at.

With breakfast out of the way, it was time to check out the new areas he had unlocked last night. He wasn't sure how but at the dead end of the hallway near the entry to the Arena, there was...a door. A door that definitely wasn't there yesterday. How had it just appeared? But then again, maybe this was normal? He couldn't remember anything before the few days he spent in here. Maybe things like this just appeared all the time. With a little bit of trepidation, he opened the door and stepped through.

This hallway was much like the one previously, roughly the same length, but only two rooms instead of four. The double doors at the end looked like another entrance to the Arena, and the hallway ended with another doorway leading to another area. He'd check out the Arena areas in a bit, but for now he wanted to explore this new area. As he entered the closest door, he was met with...a bubbling cauldron. Before he could explore it further, that same automated voice as before regarded him over the loudspeaker.

cauldron_loading.gif

"Congratulations on achieving level FOUR. Your advancement has unlocked a new hallway as well as new features you can take advantage of. This is the Alchemy Room. You can take extra items and reduce them down into various oozes and slimes. These materials are highly prices by some collectors, and can be traded for higher value items you may require. It takes 30 minutes to reduce an item. We hope you enjoy using this service."

Curiously, the Nocturne took a handful of insects - a snack he was saving for later, and dumped them into the cauldron. It simmered for a moment as the food was enveloped by whatever greenish liquid was in there, and disappeared. He stared for a few minutes before remembering the voice said it took 30 minutes for the process to complete, so he exited the room and headed off to the next hallway.

More pastel pink walls and floral paintings. Two more doors and a dead end. He didn't appear to be at a high enough level to unlock whatever was next. With a shrug, he headed off to the non-Arena doorway.

This room was decorated in nothing more than another chute, though this one was larger, and had some sort of wheeled cart below it, obviously meant to carry many items at once. The most eye-catching thing was that one of the walls appeared to be a screen, with many buttons and options. Again, the voice rang out at soon as he entered.

tradingpost_hover.png

"Congratulations of achieving level SEVEN. This is a monumental level, as it marks your journey into much more difficult Arena levels. To advance to the next area, you will need to equip yourself properly with battlestones. The device you see before you is called the Trading Post. It is a trade and communication device between you, patrons, and other subjects. You can create a wishlist of items others can see, which patrons or other subjects may donate or wish to trade to you for something in return. You may also donate or trade to others as well. In addition to battlestones, you may also customize your design."

"Design?" the Nocturne asked, unsure if the voice could really respond to him, or if it was just reading automated messages. The voice's response didn't seem to confirm or deny this yet, and just continued on.

"Currently, you are a breed: NOCTURNE, with the genes: BASIC PRIMARY, BASIC SECONDARY, and BASIC TERTIARY. You can change your appearance any any time using scrolls. These scrolls however are extremely valuable, and you will be required to trade items of significant value, or many items of moderate value. It is recommended you use this screen to check the value of the items you have on your person and plan which ones you would like to use for trading."

"Sometimes, a patron may sponsor you with a donation. These items are free and you can use them at any time. Patrons will not donate anything that is not on your wishlist so you do not gain excess items."

"We hope you enjoy using this service."

Patrons? Other subjects? What was going on? Who was he? Why was he doing this anyway? he tried to shout, to get the voice's attention so it could answer some questions, but to no avail. The other thing that could be heard was the soft droning hum of the screen in front of him and Glowtail's confused chittering.

"No answers, huh? I guess if I finish whatever this activity is and make it to the end, I'll get some answers then, huh? In the meantime, let's check this out..."

He played with the screen for what was probably hours. There was so much content. He could see other wishlists, other items people had up for trade, items he could choose from, and how to make his own wishlist. Eventually, he came up with a look he liked. He couldn't believe that with a few items he could just become this, but so far the voice hadn't lied to him. In the end, he chose:

dragon?age=1&body=164&bodygene=62&breed=19&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=2&tertgene=56&winggene=66&wings=112&auth=a6d6b8de581f88540128f306130495e792237713&dummyext=prev.png

"Not a bad look, huh Glowtail?" he grinned to the familiar, who didn't seem to be all that impressed. "Well I think it's a good look, at least. And that's what matters right?"

With his wishlist set up, he went straight into item trading. Many people seemed to wanted those slime-thingies from the Alchemy pot, which reminded him: he should check it back out.

Floating at the top of the alchemy pot was some blue goop, which was quickly replaced by more of his insect snack. A half hour later and some reddish goop floated to the top. Exactly what he needed. Hurrying back to the Trading Post, he deposited the items into the chute, selected his trade and waited.

"Trade acknowledged," said a different, automated voice from the screen. "Verifying items...Items verified. Initiating trade now."

A louder hum and suddenly the chute opened, popping out exactly what he needed: Berserker Sap Reflect

The Sap he equipped immediately. Feeling giddy, he popped in a few more battlestones he had no use for, and received much more useful ones in return, three: Dark Might Fragment .

He was really starting to get the hang of this item trading. He bet if he worked hard, stayed in the lower level venue (despite no experience), he could gain a lot of items to trade.

Suddenly the screen popped up with a message. "Thank you for using our service. THREE patrons have recognized your efforts and have awarded you with the following donations."

Out from the chute popped the following: Berserker Berserker Ambush Ambush

He couldn't believe it...so many items? From random strangers? But "recognizing his efforts"? Did that mean....people were watching him? His head tilted up, scanning the room, but found no windows or slots where someone could be spying on him. Shaking off the feeling of unease, he went back to, work, getting a gameplan for the following week. He could grind for experience later. What was more important was the items. And he'd take a break and try to search for only the most valuable ones. If he could get all his items, then the rest of this task would be a breeze.

Many more hours of reducing items and getting slime and the Nocturne was beginning to feel tired. Glowtail was already asleep in a corner, not stirring a bit as the Nocturne picked him up and headed back to bed.

Tomorrow was another day. And hopefully a day that gave him more answers.

OKAY I SWEAR that is the last of the longposts LOL. It's like in a novel where you need to introduce the mechanics of the world and it takes forever. But after this post everything should be a lot shorter ahahaha.

Also, I opened up an item-trade hub in the Item sales forum and OH MY GOD? I got so many responses and donations? I'm one pending trade away from getting all the Sedona-Build battlestones in a single day? And 1 out of 3 genes I needed? People were EXTREMELY generous! I guess if you're allowing item trades, this is definitely the way to go. The item-trade forum I made is also being used to keep track of valuable items I have in stock and their gem value, so I can formulate some trades for the future spendy stuff. (Looking at you, Veilspun gene. Hoping Night of the Nocturne next month becomes my cash cow, what with all the Noc eggs that drop.)

Also, I have these battlestones up for donation: They don't have enough gem value to use for any other trades, so ping me if you want any:

Aquatic Acuity Fragment x2 Aquatic Might Fragment Natural Might Fragment Wave Slash Thunder Slash
Looking for free lineage dragons? Level 25 rentals? Join an active community with frequent free raffles? Check out Vitali's Warriors!
1 2 ... 149 150 151 152 153 ... 269 270