Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RoR] The Plague Hunger Games
1 2 ... 160 161 162 163 164 ... 169 170
Foxglove hesitated, fluttering over the dark, murky waters, and stared as the Mirror was snared by vines. "Wonderful."

The wyrmpeck paused, darted from the mossy branch it was perched on, and came back up with a silver knife. Thanks, Bells. Foxglove couldn't afford to think about which tribute the knife had come from - she knew that they were likely dead.

She turned to smirk at the wyrmpeck, brushing aside all of her regrets and worries. There was no room for second chances here.

"Bells, the leviathan was worse. Don't fret." Then, she arced in midair and dived into the murky pond. The water hit her like the leviathan himself; her breath was taken from her body as paralysis crawled up her spine, and her bones were racked with utterly impenetrable cold. She twisted helplessly and snarled to herself, You survived the primeval, omniscient leviathan. Why can't you survive this?

Shivering with cold, she dived for the depths of the pond, and knew that it was much deeper than she had anticipated. She could hold her breath for a couple of minutes, but not more. Already, her time had started to tick. She pushed herself forward.

Then came the hostile flytraps and sundews, the vines that lashed out to curl around her ankles and hold her until she drowned. She snarled - bubbles slipped from her lips - and ferociously sliced the silver dagger into the vines. Desperation for her life, and Belladonna's, and, to her surprise, the lives of every survivor she had grown to respect - even Eternity, if only to the slightest degree - desperation pushed her to dive deeper.

But as darkness obscured her vision, and she could not see the jaws and teeth that snapped at her anymore, she knew this could be hopeless. She could not fight blind, in the shadows. It was the very opposite of her element. She could only pray to not drown as she blindly slashed.

I can't fight in the dark, I can't fight in the dark. Terror folded its dark wings around her as the vines started to win, and yet she couldn't see the teeth that stabbed through her scales or the tendrils that were dragging her into shadows. Is this what it is like to be blind? Her mind was spinning from lack of oxygen, and her lungs felt as if they might implode, and she knew she was about to die, even as she saw the glimmer of light - glowing shrooms, illuminating something bright scarlet -

No! She fought the vines, slashing and hacking with all her might, and abandoning the flowers, she fought to reach the surface. Her head broke into air and she gasped for breath, spluttering water from her lungs, while flailing to escape the reaching vines. Only then did she realize that she had forgotten the bombs. She hesitated.

The wyrmpeck was still standing on the branch, twittering in alarm. I'm sorry, Bells. You can't help us now, Foxglove thought wearily. It shrieked at her in fury, but she only shook her head. I can't stop. If I do, we will all die in here.

She calmed herself, regaining her breath, before diving back in.

@Unterrestrial
Foxglove hesitated, fluttering over the dark, murky waters, and stared as the Mirror was snared by vines. "Wonderful."

The wyrmpeck paused, darted from the mossy branch it was perched on, and came back up with a silver knife. Thanks, Bells. Foxglove couldn't afford to think about which tribute the knife had come from - she knew that they were likely dead.

She turned to smirk at the wyrmpeck, brushing aside all of her regrets and worries. There was no room for second chances here.

"Bells, the leviathan was worse. Don't fret." Then, she arced in midair and dived into the murky pond. The water hit her like the leviathan himself; her breath was taken from her body as paralysis crawled up her spine, and her bones were racked with utterly impenetrable cold. She twisted helplessly and snarled to herself, You survived the primeval, omniscient leviathan. Why can't you survive this?

Shivering with cold, she dived for the depths of the pond, and knew that it was much deeper than she had anticipated. She could hold her breath for a couple of minutes, but not more. Already, her time had started to tick. She pushed herself forward.

Then came the hostile flytraps and sundews, the vines that lashed out to curl around her ankles and hold her until she drowned. She snarled - bubbles slipped from her lips - and ferociously sliced the silver dagger into the vines. Desperation for her life, and Belladonna's, and, to her surprise, the lives of every survivor she had grown to respect - even Eternity, if only to the slightest degree - desperation pushed her to dive deeper.

But as darkness obscured her vision, and she could not see the jaws and teeth that snapped at her anymore, she knew this could be hopeless. She could not fight blind, in the shadows. It was the very opposite of her element. She could only pray to not drown as she blindly slashed.

I can't fight in the dark, I can't fight in the dark. Terror folded its dark wings around her as the vines started to win, and yet she couldn't see the teeth that stabbed through her scales or the tendrils that were dragging her into shadows. Is this what it is like to be blind? Her mind was spinning from lack of oxygen, and her lungs felt as if they might implode, and she knew she was about to die, even as she saw the glimmer of light - glowing shrooms, illuminating something bright scarlet -

No! She fought the vines, slashing and hacking with all her might, and abandoning the flowers, she fought to reach the surface. Her head broke into air and she gasped for breath, spluttering water from her lungs, while flailing to escape the reaching vines. Only then did she realize that she had forgotten the bombs. She hesitated.

The wyrmpeck was still standing on the branch, twittering in alarm. I'm sorry, Bells. You can't help us now, Foxglove thought wearily. It shrieked at her in fury, but she only shook her head. I can't stop. If I do, we will all die in here.

She calmed herself, regaining her breath, before diving back in.

@Unterrestrial
Demeter saw Foxglove dive into the water, hardly making any water splash out, then dive down without a glance at her, still struggling Demeter managed to free herself, then propelled herself after the skydancer, although she was not as good a swimmer and she had more difficulty. She wanted to shriek in frustration, as more vines started to tangle around her, the little pests just wouldn't give up. She freed herself, again, then struggled down, but it was getting dark, and the water was resisiting, and the plants down here were even more dangerous.

then she saw a blurred shape whirl towards the surface. It was Foxglove, she probably had to breathe.

She saw some glowing mushrooms, they were lighting up some red flowers, the ones Bimala had described. She took out the knife, and started to chop at the flowers.

The angry plants snapped at her, and she knew there was blood all over her, but she couldn't let herself stop, or else everyone would die, and they would be trapped in the arena forever.

She had to go back up to take a breath, then dive back down, with Foxglove. They finally managed to chop away all of the flowers and resurfaced.

"I did it," she said to Foxglove, "let's get out of here."

@galatheid
Demeter saw Foxglove dive into the water, hardly making any water splash out, then dive down without a glance at her, still struggling Demeter managed to free herself, then propelled herself after the skydancer, although she was not as good a swimmer and she had more difficulty. She wanted to shriek in frustration, as more vines started to tangle around her, the little pests just wouldn't give up. She freed herself, again, then struggled down, but it was getting dark, and the water was resisiting, and the plants down here were even more dangerous.

then she saw a blurred shape whirl towards the surface. It was Foxglove, she probably had to breathe.

She saw some glowing mushrooms, they were lighting up some red flowers, the ones Bimala had described. She took out the knife, and started to chop at the flowers.

The angry plants snapped at her, and she knew there was blood all over her, but she couldn't let herself stop, or else everyone would die, and they would be trapped in the arena forever.

She had to go back up to take a breath, then dive back down, with Foxglove. They finally managed to chop away all of the flowers and resurfaced.

"I did it," she said to Foxglove, "let's get out of here."

@galatheid
Foxglove

Time passed by in a whirl as she and the Mirror trekked back to their camp. Foxglove hissed triumphantly to the wyrmpeck, "I didn't die, did I?" But she had to admit that, for barely a moment, she had been scared that she was about to drown in the ice-cold, strange darkness, away from any light or hope. She shivered, still cold to the bone from her dive. How am I willing to risk so much? Who am I now? She did not converse with the Mirror; for once, silence was preferred. She needed time to ruminate. Even the wyrmpeck flew in solemn silence.

The cold wore off soon as they pushed into the camp, where Eternity and the Guardian stood. "We're alive," Foxglove announced, forcing cheerfulness into her voice, though she was still shaken by her close brush with death.

Belladonna

"I didn't die, did I?"

No, but you are absolutely stupid. Belladonna fumed as she darted helplessly after her sister, cartwheeling in the heightened winds, as they both trekked back to their ragtag camp. Stupid. She could not believe her sister's nerve. That was a brave move, for one without magic, she thought with grudging admiration, before it dissipated into rage. But she almost died! How could she?

She refused to utter even the slightest chirp to Fox as they walked, to display her displeasure. Her sister seemed to be preoccupied, and didn't look at her.

@Unterrestrial
@TripKatt13
@Lednik
Foxglove

Time passed by in a whirl as she and the Mirror trekked back to their camp. Foxglove hissed triumphantly to the wyrmpeck, "I didn't die, did I?" But she had to admit that, for barely a moment, she had been scared that she was about to drown in the ice-cold, strange darkness, away from any light or hope. She shivered, still cold to the bone from her dive. How am I willing to risk so much? Who am I now? She did not converse with the Mirror; for once, silence was preferred. She needed time to ruminate. Even the wyrmpeck flew in solemn silence.

The cold wore off soon as they pushed into the camp, where Eternity and the Guardian stood. "We're alive," Foxglove announced, forcing cheerfulness into her voice, though she was still shaken by her close brush with death.

Belladonna

"I didn't die, did I?"

No, but you are absolutely stupid. Belladonna fumed as she darted helplessly after her sister, cartwheeling in the heightened winds, as they both trekked back to their ragtag camp. Stupid. She could not believe her sister's nerve. That was a brave move, for one without magic, she thought with grudging admiration, before it dissipated into rage. But she almost died! How could she?

She refused to utter even the slightest chirp to Fox as they walked, to display her displeasure. Her sister seemed to be preoccupied, and didn't look at her.

@Unterrestrial
@TripKatt13
@Lednik
Chloe stood watching the burning pit far longer than Eternity. The imperial was already long gone by the time she moved and looked up at the barrier and frowned. "I disagree with Foxglove on the idea that the game masters are sloppy but..." "But this feels too easy? I agree." "I mean on one talon the field did go down-" "-but not enough if there are supposedly only three locations." Chloe shook her head in frustration before slowly starting to wander back in Eternity's direction, leaving the burning pit and choking flowers behind her. "There's so many pieces that just don't fit in my head. I can't help but think the Capitol is still in control somehow, I mean, it can't solely be just the flowers right? How was that one pearlcatcher able to leave at the beginning -there's a memory you can check for that- but not the rest of us? How were the animals able to get through, how were they planning to lower the barrier if the flowers are in here with us?" "And how where they able to get through and take the last tribute." "I had forgotten about that."

Nathaniel didn't respond for a long while as Chloe continued to fight her way through the jungle. His response was neutral, "I think the possibility that they have a dragon who can control the field is undeniable, it might even be the same dragon that created those hounds from the last game." "****ing fantastic, now what?" "Hold on, if they don't plan on interfering with us then that knowledge is just that, more information." "I mean clearly there is more to it if the barrier isn't going down as fast as we thought." "Maybe so, I suspect it might not drop all the way... especially if this group hasn't found all the locations. But, I do think there's a chance the field could be broken if brought down to its original state, when you couldn't see it. At the very least, it shouldn't be capable of taking off your entire talon like previously... which by the way, what in the gods names were you thinkin-" "Can it, I'm not a hatchling that needs to be guided by the hand." she growled out loud as she finally caught up with Eternity in the clearing. Foxglove followed shortly, announcing that she was in fact, not dead. "Alright then, how's the field looking?"
@Unterrestrial
@TripKatt13
@Galatheid
Chloe stood watching the burning pit far longer than Eternity. The imperial was already long gone by the time she moved and looked up at the barrier and frowned. "I disagree with Foxglove on the idea that the game masters are sloppy but..." "But this feels too easy? I agree." "I mean on one talon the field did go down-" "-but not enough if there are supposedly only three locations." Chloe shook her head in frustration before slowly starting to wander back in Eternity's direction, leaving the burning pit and choking flowers behind her. "There's so many pieces that just don't fit in my head. I can't help but think the Capitol is still in control somehow, I mean, it can't solely be just the flowers right? How was that one pearlcatcher able to leave at the beginning -there's a memory you can check for that- but not the rest of us? How were the animals able to get through, how were they planning to lower the barrier if the flowers are in here with us?" "And how where they able to get through and take the last tribute." "I had forgotten about that."

Nathaniel didn't respond for a long while as Chloe continued to fight her way through the jungle. His response was neutral, "I think the possibility that they have a dragon who can control the field is undeniable, it might even be the same dragon that created those hounds from the last game." "****ing fantastic, now what?" "Hold on, if they don't plan on interfering with us then that knowledge is just that, more information." "I mean clearly there is more to it if the barrier isn't going down as fast as we thought." "Maybe so, I suspect it might not drop all the way... especially if this group hasn't found all the locations. But, I do think there's a chance the field could be broken if brought down to its original state, when you couldn't see it. At the very least, it shouldn't be capable of taking off your entire talon like previously... which by the way, what in the gods names were you thinkin-" "Can it, I'm not a hatchling that needs to be guided by the hand." she growled out loud as she finally caught up with Eternity in the clearing. Foxglove followed shortly, announcing that she was in fact, not dead. "Alright then, how's the field looking?"
@Unterrestrial
@TripKatt13
@Galatheid
adopt.pngxxxxxxxx2z8Ghkx.png
It probably said something about how many times Bimala had come down here if nothing about it shocked her anymore. Not even the Imperial corpse could make her flinch, and it was in an even worse state than before. She rushed past the vines, letting them follow her, and as she had done before, she'd throw herself to another direction whenever she felt like it, pulling every single vine that had chased her out of the cave walls. As she had expected, there were way fewer vines left after she and Foxglove had cleared the path through. Thank goodness for that, the task had been much more manageable. Still, as Bimala was racing towards the path that led to the flowers, one vine managed to catch her off guard and trip her, sending her crashing to the ground as the vines lunged to cover her. No, I can't fail now! With a determined yell, she stood back up despite the weight of the vines on top of her and threw them off, flapping her wings frantically to help. She gave a powerful kick with the leg caught by the vine, snapping it, and continued running before more of them could come.

After a few more minutes of running, Bimala finally saw the cluster of red flowers before her, just before a thick wall of vines blocked her way, the very same wall that had protected her and Foxglove, and perhaps the red flowers, from the tsunami. Bracing herself for the pain she knew would come, Bimala sprinted towards the wall as fast as she could, throwing herself at it and breaking through forcefully. As expected, the force of the throw hit her like a brick, and she stumbled through sore all over, picking up the flowers in her claws and pulling them up with all her remaining strength. Seeing that they had failed in their job, the vines finally retreated, letting her pass through exhaustedly as she mumbled a "let's go back" to Odd and exiting the cave.
When they finally made it back, Bimala was surprised to see everyone else already back from their locations. But if they were still here, did that mean... "Don't tell me the barrier's still up." She said, dismayed. All thar work and for nothing?
@Unterrestrial
@TripKatt13
@Galatheid
@Havic
@Lednik
It probably said something about how many times Bimala had come down here if nothing about it shocked her anymore. Not even the Imperial corpse could make her flinch, and it was in an even worse state than before. She rushed past the vines, letting them follow her, and as she had done before, she'd throw herself to another direction whenever she felt like it, pulling every single vine that had chased her out of the cave walls. As she had expected, there were way fewer vines left after she and Foxglove had cleared the path through. Thank goodness for that, the task had been much more manageable. Still, as Bimala was racing towards the path that led to the flowers, one vine managed to catch her off guard and trip her, sending her crashing to the ground as the vines lunged to cover her. No, I can't fail now! With a determined yell, she stood back up despite the weight of the vines on top of her and threw them off, flapping her wings frantically to help. She gave a powerful kick with the leg caught by the vine, snapping it, and continued running before more of them could come.

After a few more minutes of running, Bimala finally saw the cluster of red flowers before her, just before a thick wall of vines blocked her way, the very same wall that had protected her and Foxglove, and perhaps the red flowers, from the tsunami. Bracing herself for the pain she knew would come, Bimala sprinted towards the wall as fast as she could, throwing herself at it and breaking through forcefully. As expected, the force of the throw hit her like a brick, and she stumbled through sore all over, picking up the flowers in her claws and pulling them up with all her remaining strength. Seeing that they had failed in their job, the vines finally retreated, letting her pass through exhaustedly as she mumbled a "let's go back" to Odd and exiting the cave.
When they finally made it back, Bimala was surprised to see everyone else already back from their locations. But if they were still here, did that mean... "Don't tell me the barrier's still up." She said, dismayed. All thar work and for nothing?
@Unterrestrial
@TripKatt13
@Galatheid
@Havic
@Lednik
hhhahah.png
Foxglove growled, glancing up at the sky. There seemed to be rivulets of bluer sky, evidence that the force field had fractured, but only a thin spiderwebbing. "There are fractures," she replied. "But not many." The force field trembled once more - Bimala must have succeeded - but it was still there. The spiderwebbing of fractures was only a glimmer upon its surface. There is no way we can bring it down like that. "We'll have to poke around in that jungle you talked about, then," Foxglove said to the Guardian, not very enthused at the prospect of it.

When Bimala and Odd reentered, Foxglove sighed. "Judging from the looks on your faces, you already know the bad news. Yes, the barrier is still up."

@Unterrestrial
@TripKatt13
@Alurayune
@Havic
@Lednik
Foxglove growled, glancing up at the sky. There seemed to be rivulets of bluer sky, evidence that the force field had fractured, but only a thin spiderwebbing. "There are fractures," she replied. "But not many." The force field trembled once more - Bimala must have succeeded - but it was still there. The spiderwebbing of fractures was only a glimmer upon its surface. There is no way we can bring it down like that. "We'll have to poke around in that jungle you talked about, then," Foxglove said to the Guardian, not very enthused at the prospect of it.

When Bimala and Odd reentered, Foxglove sighed. "Judging from the looks on your faces, you already know the bad news. Yes, the barrier is still up."

@Unterrestrial
@TripKatt13
@Alurayune
@Havic
@Lednik
Odd staggered like a ship tossed at sea, grappling with the pain of movement. He was grateful to be able to walk, at all. Even in his best shape he was no match for the vines in the ravine, but there was something he could do. He was an excellent distraction.

Of the few vines remaining, Odd took it upon himself to make sure as few as possible tried to catch Bimala. He didn't need to do much acting to convince them he was easy prey- his usual limp was sufficient. The pearlcatcher slipped from their grasp and followed Bimala when he saw the torn flowers.

The group reconvened, "Unfortunate." It was all he could manage.

@Unterrestrial
@TripKatt13
@Alurayune
@Galatheid
@Lednik
Odd staggered like a ship tossed at sea, grappling with the pain of movement. He was grateful to be able to walk, at all. Even in his best shape he was no match for the vines in the ravine, but there was something he could do. He was an excellent distraction.

Of the few vines remaining, Odd took it upon himself to make sure as few as possible tried to catch Bimala. He didn't need to do much acting to convince them he was easy prey- his usual limp was sufficient. The pearlcatcher slipped from their grasp and followed Bimala when he saw the torn flowers.

The group reconvened, "Unfortunate." It was all he could manage.

@Unterrestrial
@TripKatt13
@Alurayune
@Galatheid
@Lednik
> Havic
> He/they/it
> Current avatar dragon
Chloe bent over in thought and let the group discuss the matter as she ran through the possibilities for escaping. The Capital might be hands off but they still had a time limit and it was running shorter. Unfortunately Nathaniel's had run out completely and he had to tend to Storm's situation, leaving her alone with the others. "The field can be broken with enough force, that was never an issue." she muttered, "The issue was anything even lightly brushing it would get shredded." she held out her injured talon, now with a full thumb and working slowly on the other digits. She looked up at the others. "The weaker it gets, the better chance we have of smashing through it. This is just my suggestion but, not all of us need or can go to the jungle, Odd is too injured and Eternity won't even be able to move through half of it due to the density. We have a good few massive trees lying around and throughout this place. I propose I take Demeter and maybe a couple more and scout the forest while Eternity starts working on crushing the barrier. He's smart and resourceful as well as very ****ing strong, if anyone's getting through it's him." She meant that. She didn't like the imperial and probably wouldn't in a good few hundred years but she wasn't about to deny his strength or skills, that would get them nowhere.

"The reason I say Demeter comes with me is a bit flakey but," she turned toward the empowered mirror, "with your enhanced magic, is it possible for you to scout the surrounding plants and identify them? The jungle is stuffed to the brim with every plant out there, it could take weeks or the next decade to find anything by eye. I'm aware my mate said no magic but he's not here right now and I don't think a simple pulse to look around would activate them like, well, his example." It was something she threw together in seconds, no doubt Eternity and Foxglove could poke some holes in it shortly but that's what she was good at, had always been, even back when she was on her clan's Council: throwing out rough ideas and frameworks for the better minds to take apart and build off of.
@Unterrestrial
@TripKatt13
@Galatheid
@Havic
@Alurayune
Chloe bent over in thought and let the group discuss the matter as she ran through the possibilities for escaping. The Capital might be hands off but they still had a time limit and it was running shorter. Unfortunately Nathaniel's had run out completely and he had to tend to Storm's situation, leaving her alone with the others. "The field can be broken with enough force, that was never an issue." she muttered, "The issue was anything even lightly brushing it would get shredded." she held out her injured talon, now with a full thumb and working slowly on the other digits. She looked up at the others. "The weaker it gets, the better chance we have of smashing through it. This is just my suggestion but, not all of us need or can go to the jungle, Odd is too injured and Eternity won't even be able to move through half of it due to the density. We have a good few massive trees lying around and throughout this place. I propose I take Demeter and maybe a couple more and scout the forest while Eternity starts working on crushing the barrier. He's smart and resourceful as well as very ****ing strong, if anyone's getting through it's him." She meant that. She didn't like the imperial and probably wouldn't in a good few hundred years but she wasn't about to deny his strength or skills, that would get them nowhere.

"The reason I say Demeter comes with me is a bit flakey but," she turned toward the empowered mirror, "with your enhanced magic, is it possible for you to scout the surrounding plants and identify them? The jungle is stuffed to the brim with every plant out there, it could take weeks or the next decade to find anything by eye. I'm aware my mate said no magic but he's not here right now and I don't think a simple pulse to look around would activate them like, well, his example." It was something she threw together in seconds, no doubt Eternity and Foxglove could poke some holes in it shortly but that's what she was good at, had always been, even back when she was on her clan's Council: throwing out rough ideas and frameworks for the better minds to take apart and build off of.
@Unterrestrial
@TripKatt13
@Galatheid
@Havic
@Alurayune
adopt.pngxxxxxxxx2z8Ghkx.png
Fallen Eternity

The Imperial looked around at their little group, then up at the barrier. It seemed to have small cracks along it, almost invisible. He did notice though, a growth in his power. It seemed the barrier was the source for the oppression on not only his strength, but also his magic.

Before he continued, he listened to Chloe, and felt a bit flattered. Eternity may not like the Guardian, but at least she was smart. He had to admit her own strengths, she was cunning, especially with her Mate in her head, and her strange yet unique physical form was definitely a plus. She was strong, not on par with him, but probably more than the average dragon. He had a bad level, he didn't exactly hang out with normal dragons.

Now, He couldn't quite fly, but he felt the ball of fire churning in his body once more, and he coughed, a spurt of flame leaving soot in his paw. He exclaimed in surprise, as he chuckled his deep, rough laugh once more. Like he had before the games.

"Everybody! My magic is beginning to come back. It's very small, but distinct. All of you, try! It could mean that not only is the magic loss connected to the barrier, but we have done damage to the barrier, and we might have an easier chance at escaping! It isn't much, but it's certainly something."

He reveled in his regained power, confident that they would be leaving soon. This probably wouldn't help him at all, but he did feel better. He prepared himself once more, making sure the vial was around his neck. Only a few more spritz left, which he had saved just for if he lost his magic.

Time to trudge through hundreds, fi not thousands of carnivorous plants.

This will be fun.
@Unterrestrial
@Havic
@Alurayune
@Galatheid
@Lednik
Fallen Eternity

The Imperial looked around at their little group, then up at the barrier. It seemed to have small cracks along it, almost invisible. He did notice though, a growth in his power. It seemed the barrier was the source for the oppression on not only his strength, but also his magic.

Before he continued, he listened to Chloe, and felt a bit flattered. Eternity may not like the Guardian, but at least she was smart. He had to admit her own strengths, she was cunning, especially with her Mate in her head, and her strange yet unique physical form was definitely a plus. She was strong, not on par with him, but probably more than the average dragon. He had a bad level, he didn't exactly hang out with normal dragons.

Now, He couldn't quite fly, but he felt the ball of fire churning in his body once more, and he coughed, a spurt of flame leaving soot in his paw. He exclaimed in surprise, as he chuckled his deep, rough laugh once more. Like he had before the games.

"Everybody! My magic is beginning to come back. It's very small, but distinct. All of you, try! It could mean that not only is the magic loss connected to the barrier, but we have done damage to the barrier, and we might have an easier chance at escaping! It isn't much, but it's certainly something."

He reveled in his regained power, confident that they would be leaving soon. This probably wouldn't help him at all, but he did feel better. He prepared himself once more, making sure the vial was around his neck. Only a few more spritz left, which he had saved just for if he lost his magic.

Time to trudge through hundreds, fi not thousands of carnivorous plants.

This will be fun.
@Unterrestrial
@Havic
@Alurayune
@Galatheid
@Lednik
One day, a decision must be made, one that will decide all of existence. Who survives, will the Darkness conquer or the Light Prosper. I have seen in my orb, you will pick the path of our futures. Plague or Pearl will be your choice, as the fate of existence rests on your voice-The Tidelordtumblr_op5geiocBz1rravn7o1_500.pngz3tnOVC.png
Foxglove nodded as the Guardian spoke; she found flaws - how would Eternity break the barrier if it was untouchable? - but it was the best idea she could think of. "I volunteer as tribute for the jungle, too," she announced. "I have experience with hostile forests."

Foxglove watched enviously as Eternity proclaimed his return of power to the world. She had tricked the primordial monster, the leviathan, into submission; held her own in a world of cutthroat killers, and survived the Games - so far - without any mystical powers. Yet she knew that if the skies had decided to share an inkling of her sister's magic with her, she could be so much more. Sighing, she said, "How in the world did you connect the barrier to our loss of magic? There was no change in the force field when all magic was taken. The Capitol would not want all of the magic in the Arena to be bound to the state the barrier was in. It would be too easy to break out."

@Unterrestrial
@Havic
@Alurayune
@TripKatt13
@Lednik
Foxglove nodded as the Guardian spoke; she found flaws - how would Eternity break the barrier if it was untouchable? - but it was the best idea she could think of. "I volunteer as tribute for the jungle, too," she announced. "I have experience with hostile forests."

Foxglove watched enviously as Eternity proclaimed his return of power to the world. She had tricked the primordial monster, the leviathan, into submission; held her own in a world of cutthroat killers, and survived the Games - so far - without any mystical powers. Yet she knew that if the skies had decided to share an inkling of her sister's magic with her, she could be so much more. Sighing, she said, "How in the world did you connect the barrier to our loss of magic? There was no change in the force field when all magic was taken. The Capitol would not want all of the magic in the Arena to be bound to the state the barrier was in. It would be too easy to break out."

@Unterrestrial
@Havic
@Alurayune
@TripKatt13
@Lednik
1 2 ... 160 161 162 163 164 ... 169 170