Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RoR] The Plague Hunger Games
1 2 ... 162 163 164 165 166 ... 169 170
Bimala took a deep breath, shutting her eyes for a moment as she psyched herself up to go. This is it. After this, it's either we go free or try tunneling. I'm not about to fail now. Ignoring her body's ache, she nodded to Foxglove, following her. She shot a concerned look at Odd, who would be staying back. Hopefully he would be fine. "Good luck, Eternity. I hope you make it out with the rest of us." And with that, she turned around and followed the rest, for what would hopefully be the last few hours they spent in the Arena.
@Galatheid
@TripKatt13
@Lednik
@Unterrestrial
@Havic
Bimala took a deep breath, shutting her eyes for a moment as she psyched herself up to go. This is it. After this, it's either we go free or try tunneling. I'm not about to fail now. Ignoring her body's ache, she nodded to Foxglove, following her. She shot a concerned look at Odd, who would be staying back. Hopefully he would be fine. "Good luck, Eternity. I hope you make it out with the rest of us." And with that, she turned around and followed the rest, for what would hopefully be the last few hours they spent in the Arena.
@Galatheid
@TripKatt13
@Lednik
@Unterrestrial
@Havic
hhhahah.png
Chloe led the way to the sunken ravine full of her favorite pitcher plants with the other three behind her. Has it gotten denser since I was last here? Actually how long has it even been since this thing began? Judging by the moons in an earlier night the Rockbreaker's Ceremony was drawing near. She gave a low whistle at just how long they've been crawling along before pointing to a slope leading into the jungle. "When I was last here I had magic, so we'll need to be careful this time." She gestured at Demeter, "Up to you now, I'll make sure you don't get swallowed whole."

@Unterrestrial
@TripKatt13
@Galatheid
@Havic
@Alurayune
agreed and a bit srry bc I might be at fault for dragging it out a bit :')
Chloe led the way to the sunken ravine full of her favorite pitcher plants with the other three behind her. Has it gotten denser since I was last here? Actually how long has it even been since this thing began? Judging by the moons in an earlier night the Rockbreaker's Ceremony was drawing near. She gave a low whistle at just how long they've been crawling along before pointing to a slope leading into the jungle. "When I was last here I had magic, so we'll need to be careful this time." She gestured at Demeter, "Up to you now, I'll make sure you don't get swallowed whole."

@Unterrestrial
@TripKatt13
@Galatheid
@Havic
@Alurayune
agreed and a bit srry bc I might be at fault for dragging it out a bit :')
adopt.pngxxxxxxxx2z8Ghkx.png
"Great," Demeter muttered in reply, then she started to climb down into the ravine clutching her unactivated explosives tightly, she started to reach out with new senses that hadn't been there, before she touched the marble, she sensed sundews, flytraps, pitcher plants, vines, roots underneath that could lash out and pull her into quicksand, butterworts, flowers that could swallow a dragon whole, but no force field-powering red flowers, to her annoyance. She pushed farther in, the plants seemed to shy away sensing her magic, before attacking her.

Demeter yelped, slicing away a few vines as a mass of plants surged forwards to eat her alive, scrambling back up the ravine. "I couldn't sense any of those flowers," she panted. "But the plants are so hyper-aggressive, it basically confirms that they're in there, which means we have to head farther in."

@Galatheid
@Lednik
@Alurayune
"Great," Demeter muttered in reply, then she started to climb down into the ravine clutching her unactivated explosives tightly, she started to reach out with new senses that hadn't been there, before she touched the marble, she sensed sundews, flytraps, pitcher plants, vines, roots underneath that could lash out and pull her into quicksand, butterworts, flowers that could swallow a dragon whole, but no force field-powering red flowers, to her annoyance. She pushed farther in, the plants seemed to shy away sensing her magic, before attacking her.

Demeter yelped, slicing away a few vines as a mass of plants surged forwards to eat her alive, scrambling back up the ravine. "I couldn't sense any of those flowers," she panted. "But the plants are so hyper-aggressive, it basically confirms that they're in there, which means we have to head farther in."

@Galatheid
@Lednik
@Alurayune
Foxglove smirked as the Mirror struggled back onto the cliff's edge, disheveled and bedraggled, only moments after delving in. Why, why, can't stand up to the pansies? "Fun," she replied sardonically. "Let's move." The wyrmpeck balanced on her shoulder as she swiftly descended down into the ravine, the knife that Bells had discovered clutched in her claw. Almost instantaneously, a drape of vines came to life and snaked at her face and neck. The wyrmpeck twittered in alarm as Foxglove dived aside and accelerated into a sprint. She swerved, dived, bolted around tendrils and flytraps. The cave of vines had been quite easy to bypass in contrast with this ravine.

A root lashed out and coiled around her ankle from behind. With a snarl, Foxglove whirled around and cut the root into two. Two vines snapped around her neck to choke her, but she swiftly pried the tendrils away and killed them as well.

Where are those damned flowers? Left or right? Foxglove breathed in as the vines retreated for only a moment. Follow your instincts. She knew her compulsiveness would be an advantage one day. So she followed her beckoning senses and went left.

@Lednik
@Alurayune
@Unterrestrial

Oh no, you're not dragging it out, it's definitely more interesting this way!
Foxglove smirked as the Mirror struggled back onto the cliff's edge, disheveled and bedraggled, only moments after delving in. Why, why, can't stand up to the pansies? "Fun," she replied sardonically. "Let's move." The wyrmpeck balanced on her shoulder as she swiftly descended down into the ravine, the knife that Bells had discovered clutched in her claw. Almost instantaneously, a drape of vines came to life and snaked at her face and neck. The wyrmpeck twittered in alarm as Foxglove dived aside and accelerated into a sprint. She swerved, dived, bolted around tendrils and flytraps. The cave of vines had been quite easy to bypass in contrast with this ravine.

A root lashed out and coiled around her ankle from behind. With a snarl, Foxglove whirled around and cut the root into two. Two vines snapped around her neck to choke her, but she swiftly pried the tendrils away and killed them as well.

Where are those damned flowers? Left or right? Foxglove breathed in as the vines retreated for only a moment. Follow your instincts. She knew her compulsiveness would be an advantage one day. So she followed her beckoning senses and went left.

@Lednik
@Alurayune
@Unterrestrial

Oh no, you're not dragging it out, it's definitely more interesting this way!
"So," Odd mused as he was left with Eternity, "I know I am not of much use in this state, but I thought I might offer you something."

While the group had been conversing, he had managed to remove the soaked dressings from his newly reopened wound. He couldn't heal a wound so gaping- it would need to be stitched. Lacking the proper equipment to do so, he resorted to sealing it shut with the sturdy, black nacre that made up his "pearl". It was stiff, awkward, and painful but it would keep him from bleeding out and the wound from reopening.

"My pearl isn't quite pearl," he ventures, "It's nacre, the material that makes the inside of fossilized shells. Many discount the strength of mother of pearl- as it's known- because it can't be easily shaped. My mate, herself, uses the finest drills and chisels in the Ashfall Waste and it is still difficult. Fortunately, mine can be shaped. It's about my only 'gift', considering my lack of magic. Most other pearlcatchers are too... how do I say it? Self-important? Yeah, that's the word. Most are too self-important to ever use their memories and soul as a tool. I... don't hold myself to that standard. Memories are important to me, but it's much more important to be alive."

"Anyways, my apologies for rambling," he coughs, "What I'm offering is that I could, perhaps, strengthen your claws or blade. Since I'm not exactly useful in any other way."

Current Interactions: @Tripkatt13

@Punoverlord Fire does a hunger games during Flameforgers and sometimes in-flight during profit pushes! It's not nearly this grand and roleplay heavy, though.

@Lednik @Unterrestrial @Galatheid I mean I'm fine with continuing this as long as wanted but I don't want to push it too long, maybe we can start an RP after our escape or something so that this doesn't get worn out? Honestly it's a pretty cinematic story at this point, I'm good with continuing
"So," Odd mused as he was left with Eternity, "I know I am not of much use in this state, but I thought I might offer you something."

While the group had been conversing, he had managed to remove the soaked dressings from his newly reopened wound. He couldn't heal a wound so gaping- it would need to be stitched. Lacking the proper equipment to do so, he resorted to sealing it shut with the sturdy, black nacre that made up his "pearl". It was stiff, awkward, and painful but it would keep him from bleeding out and the wound from reopening.

"My pearl isn't quite pearl," he ventures, "It's nacre, the material that makes the inside of fossilized shells. Many discount the strength of mother of pearl- as it's known- because it can't be easily shaped. My mate, herself, uses the finest drills and chisels in the Ashfall Waste and it is still difficult. Fortunately, mine can be shaped. It's about my only 'gift', considering my lack of magic. Most other pearlcatchers are too... how do I say it? Self-important? Yeah, that's the word. Most are too self-important to ever use their memories and soul as a tool. I... don't hold myself to that standard. Memories are important to me, but it's much more important to be alive."

"Anyways, my apologies for rambling," he coughs, "What I'm offering is that I could, perhaps, strengthen your claws or blade. Since I'm not exactly useful in any other way."

Current Interactions: @Tripkatt13

@Punoverlord Fire does a hunger games during Flameforgers and sometimes in-flight during profit pushes! It's not nearly this grand and roleplay heavy, though.

@Lednik @Unterrestrial @Galatheid I mean I'm fine with continuing this as long as wanted but I don't want to push it too long, maybe we can start an RP after our escape or something so that this doesn't get worn out? Honestly it's a pretty cinematic story at this point, I'm good with continuing
> Havic
> He/they/it
> Current avatar dragon
Foxglove ran harder, fueled by adrenaline, weaving between vines and bamboo stands that yawned to swallow her with gaping jaws. Her instincts had taken over, and the world slipped by in a whorl of colors. She ripped the tendrils from the earth and sprinted on. But the sea of hostile vines and flytraps and sundews thickened as she proceeded, until she was trapped. Roots lashed around her limbs and bound her to the earth, and bladed vines sliced into her scales, finally triumphant. She snarled in defiant fury and writhed, blindly slashing her knife; the wyrmpeck flitted above her head, helpless and unable to assist. Last chance, last chance, last chance -

@Unterrestrial
@Lednik
@Alurayune

@Havic Eh, I'm not sure I would do another roleplay, because I don't want to oversaturate Foxglove's character, but if everyone else does it, then I would ^^
Foxglove ran harder, fueled by adrenaline, weaving between vines and bamboo stands that yawned to swallow her with gaping jaws. Her instincts had taken over, and the world slipped by in a whorl of colors. She ripped the tendrils from the earth and sprinted on. But the sea of hostile vines and flytraps and sundews thickened as she proceeded, until she was trapped. Roots lashed around her limbs and bound her to the earth, and bladed vines sliced into her scales, finally triumphant. She snarled in defiant fury and writhed, blindly slashing her knife; the wyrmpeck flitted above her head, helpless and unable to assist. Last chance, last chance, last chance -

@Unterrestrial
@Lednik
@Alurayune

@Havic Eh, I'm not sure I would do another roleplay, because I don't want to oversaturate Foxglove's character, but if everyone else does it, then I would ^^
(@Galatheid that's totally fair, I get that)
(@Galatheid that's totally fair, I get that)
> Havic
> He/they/it
> Current avatar dragon
Chloe snarled as the jungle came alive and tried to kill them without mercy. It was definitely far, far, more violent than the last time she was here. A sundew reached out and caught her left wing and back foot, she ripped it from its roots and cursed as some of the stems stuck fast to her talons. A mass of writhing vines and roots trapped Foxglove. Chloe roared as she grabbed a fist full of the vines and pulled them away, aided by the skydancer's wild slashings. "BIMALA BEHIND YOU!" she boomed at the mirror, a giant flytrap attempting to come down on her. "Demeter please tell me you know where those goddamn flowers are, or at least where the most hostile of these goddamn plants are centered!"

@Unterrestrial
@Galatheid
@Alurayune
Chloe snarled as the jungle came alive and tried to kill them without mercy. It was definitely far, far, more violent than the last time she was here. A sundew reached out and caught her left wing and back foot, she ripped it from its roots and cursed as some of the stems stuck fast to her talons. A mass of writhing vines and roots trapped Foxglove. Chloe roared as she grabbed a fist full of the vines and pulled them away, aided by the skydancer's wild slashings. "BIMALA BEHIND YOU!" she boomed at the mirror, a giant flytrap attempting to come down on her. "Demeter please tell me you know where those goddamn flowers are, or at least where the most hostile of these goddamn plants are centered!"

@Unterrestrial
@Galatheid
@Alurayune
adopt.pngxxxxxxxx2z8Ghkx.png
Demeter was panicking and had just used her first explosive, when she heard Chloe shout at her. Fighting away a few rogue pitcher plants she managed to close her eyes for a second and lightning fast, she found a particularly enormous concentration of plants to the left, where Foxglove had gone, she called it out to Chloe. "This way!" Ripping free of a few vines she darted past Foxglove and Chloe who was struggling with the roots and vines and into an even thicker stretch of plants. "Come on!" She shouted.

@Galatheid
@Lednik
@Alurayune
Demeter was panicking and had just used her first explosive, when she heard Chloe shout at her. Fighting away a few rogue pitcher plants she managed to close her eyes for a second and lightning fast, she found a particularly enormous concentration of plants to the left, where Foxglove had gone, she called it out to Chloe. "This way!" Ripping free of a few vines she darted past Foxglove and Chloe who was struggling with the roots and vines and into an even thicker stretch of plants. "Come on!" She shouted.

@Galatheid
@Lednik
@Alurayune
Foxglove managed to wrest herself free of the vines, with the assistance of the Guardian. She nodded swiftly to convey her thanks, before she whirled around dived back into the wilderness. Her heart pounded as she delved deeper into the ravine. This will all be over soon. She prayed to the deities, for perhaps the first time in her life, that her sister and her friends would live if nothing else. Friends. That word surprised her. She had labelled them as accomplices, dragons brought together because if they did not unite, they would die. I can stand to trust for once. Not all dragons are evil.

Coldness was spreading through her bones and veins, and she shuddered as she hurled her knife into a flytrap. Were all of her senses warning her of something about to happen? Ahead, red glimmered for barely a moment. She pushed herself onwards, her mind devoid of any thought now, but for determination. They had to succeed.

But as she ducked and ran for the flowers, every one of the dormant plants surged to meet her.

The wyrmpeck fluttered in helpless alarm as she was wrestled down, so close to the red flowers, yet so far. She could have reached out and crushed them in her claws.

Vines lashed, flytraps snapped at her, roots clung to her limbs, dragging her into their grasp. Agony exploded in biting stabs all over her body, yet she felt disengaged, as if she was watching from a distance. The world whirled around her with the pulses of white-hot pain.

I won't die like this. She growled and screamed in fury as she blindly slashed the silver dagger. Desperation is the best motive. How long ago had she spoken those words, in such different circumstances? She had been another dragon back then; a survivor.

Who are you?

With a snarl, she threw away all of the vines and held the Mirror's explosives up as the roots and flytraps snaked forward once more. Her friends, the other dragons, were struggling toward her and the flowers now, and their eyes met over the surging plants. They'll all die. "Run!" she roared, and flicked the switch. Some things. She turned her eyes up to smile at the wyrmpeck. You're going to be alright, you know. You're stronger, and braver, than you think you are.

Then she smashed the explosives down into the earth.

@Unterrestrial
@Lednik
@Alurayune

rip
Foxglove managed to wrest herself free of the vines, with the assistance of the Guardian. She nodded swiftly to convey her thanks, before she whirled around dived back into the wilderness. Her heart pounded as she delved deeper into the ravine. This will all be over soon. She prayed to the deities, for perhaps the first time in her life, that her sister and her friends would live if nothing else. Friends. That word surprised her. She had labelled them as accomplices, dragons brought together because if they did not unite, they would die. I can stand to trust for once. Not all dragons are evil.

Coldness was spreading through her bones and veins, and she shuddered as she hurled her knife into a flytrap. Were all of her senses warning her of something about to happen? Ahead, red glimmered for barely a moment. She pushed herself onwards, her mind devoid of any thought now, but for determination. They had to succeed.

But as she ducked and ran for the flowers, every one of the dormant plants surged to meet her.

The wyrmpeck fluttered in helpless alarm as she was wrestled down, so close to the red flowers, yet so far. She could have reached out and crushed them in her claws.

Vines lashed, flytraps snapped at her, roots clung to her limbs, dragging her into their grasp. Agony exploded in biting stabs all over her body, yet she felt disengaged, as if she was watching from a distance. The world whirled around her with the pulses of white-hot pain.

I won't die like this. She growled and screamed in fury as she blindly slashed the silver dagger. Desperation is the best motive. How long ago had she spoken those words, in such different circumstances? She had been another dragon back then; a survivor.

Who are you?

With a snarl, she threw away all of the vines and held the Mirror's explosives up as the roots and flytraps snaked forward once more. Her friends, the other dragons, were struggling toward her and the flowers now, and their eyes met over the surging plants. They'll all die. "Run!" she roared, and flicked the switch. Some things. She turned her eyes up to smile at the wyrmpeck. You're going to be alright, you know. You're stronger, and braver, than you think you are.

Then she smashed the explosives down into the earth.

@Unterrestrial
@Lednik
@Alurayune

rip
1 2 ... 162 163 164 165 166 ... 169 170