Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RoR] The Plague Hunger Games
1 2 ... 161 162 163 164 165 ... 169 170
I love this idea, is Hunger Games for each Flight’s holiday an idea used throughout all Flights?
I love this idea, is Hunger Games for each Flight’s holiday an idea used throughout all Flights?
"The connection's not totally unbelievable, the barrier did become visible and gain strength after they channeled our magic into it." Chloe commented. "It's possible the fractures weakening it are also returning some of it back, or at least its channeling it back into the local flora." She frowned, "Actually that part worries me if it's true. The landscape was decimated by that tsunami, which means there's less plants to take our magic. The barrier falling might be flooding the remaining ones with too much magic and they can't hold it all. Which might result in Eternity getting his magic back, a positive, or it means we're going to have a fun time with some magically infused plants out for blood and I'm on the side of 'not thrilled' with that result."

@Unterrestrial
@TripKatt13
@Galatheid
@Havic
@Alurayune
"The connection's not totally unbelievable, the barrier did become visible and gain strength after they channeled our magic into it." Chloe commented. "It's possible the fractures weakening it are also returning some of it back, or at least its channeling it back into the local flora." She frowned, "Actually that part worries me if it's true. The landscape was decimated by that tsunami, which means there's less plants to take our magic. The barrier falling might be flooding the remaining ones with too much magic and they can't hold it all. Which might result in Eternity getting his magic back, a positive, or it means we're going to have a fun time with some magically infused plants out for blood and I'm on the side of 'not thrilled' with that result."

@Unterrestrial
@TripKatt13
@Galatheid
@Havic
@Alurayune
KBuajgX.pngxxxxxxxx2z8Ghkx.png
Foxglove frowned, reflecting that Bimala had told her the barrier strengthened when all magic was taken. “I must have forgotten,” she murmured. This Arena is bad for my mind. “If the barrier is connected to magic, and vice versa, then that’s very likely.” She shuddered. Now, chances were that these hostile sundews would become even more enraged at the presence of delicious dragons in their midst. “But if the barrier will cause the plants to become more aggressive, then why did the barrier strengthening also cause the plants to become more aggressive?”

@Lednik
@Alurayune
@Havic
@Unterrestrial
@TripKatt13
Foxglove frowned, reflecting that Bimala had told her the barrier strengthened when all magic was taken. “I must have forgotten,” she murmured. This Arena is bad for my mind. “If the barrier is connected to magic, and vice versa, then that’s very likely.” She shuddered. Now, chances were that these hostile sundews would become even more enraged at the presence of delicious dragons in their midst. “But if the barrier will cause the plants to become more aggressive, then why did the barrier strengthening also cause the plants to become more aggressive?”

@Lednik
@Alurayune
@Havic
@Unterrestrial
@TripKatt13
Chloe gave a low mutter about wishing her mate was her to explain better. "Think of it like this, when the arena took the magic all plants got an equal share and became equally dangerous and empowered. After the tsunami I imagine the dragon they definitely have controlling the thing maintained that balance. Now that they've left us alone and the field is cracking the few remaining plants will overload with magic. Most of em will actually die or remain neutral. However there is a very rare and unfortunate chance that some will fuse with the magic and become fully aware and sentient, capable of movement and control over a small bit of magic. Think less angry pit of sundews and more one giant sundew looking creature that can actively hunt us. Though, usually this requires a conscious to be consumed with the magic and plant to give the plant a boost, which is why it was a threat to have Demeter be taken over, so we might just be lucky enough to not have strangler hydras after us."

@Unterrestrial
@TripKatt13
@Galatheid
@Havic
@Alurayune
Chloe gave a low mutter about wishing her mate was her to explain better. "Think of it like this, when the arena took the magic all plants got an equal share and became equally dangerous and empowered. After the tsunami I imagine the dragon they definitely have controlling the thing maintained that balance. Now that they've left us alone and the field is cracking the few remaining plants will overload with magic. Most of em will actually die or remain neutral. However there is a very rare and unfortunate chance that some will fuse with the magic and become fully aware and sentient, capable of movement and control over a small bit of magic. Think less angry pit of sundews and more one giant sundew looking creature that can actively hunt us. Though, usually this requires a conscious to be consumed with the magic and plant to give the plant a boost, which is why it was a threat to have Demeter be taken over, so we might just be lucky enough to not have strangler hydras after us."

@Unterrestrial
@TripKatt13
@Galatheid
@Havic
@Alurayune
KBuajgX.pngxxxxxxxx2z8Ghkx.png
Thinking about Eternity's words, Bimala frowned and flapped her wings, trying hard to make a weak gust of wind, the only magic she was capable of. Unfortunately, it didn't work. "Maybe it's because when the barrier was strengthened, we all had a large amount of magic, especially from dragons like Magnus, so the excess magic not used for the barrier just went into the plants. Now, as soon as we start to recover any magic, it just gets drained again into the barrier in small amounts, meaning no excess for the plants, and now that the barrier is weakened and can't hold magic, more is getting fed into the plants which makes them aggressive. I mean, this is all assuming that's how the barrier operates, I could be wrong. Chloe's explanation could also be the right one." Bimala suggested.
@Lednik
@Galatheid
@Havic
@Unterrestrial
@TripKatt13

@PunOverlord Unfortunately, I don't think it is. At least, I'm not sure if it's something the Ice flight does. I searched on the forums but the only Games held for the Crystalline Gala was a few years back and only an interest check which never became reality.
Thinking about Eternity's words, Bimala frowned and flapped her wings, trying hard to make a weak gust of wind, the only magic she was capable of. Unfortunately, it didn't work. "Maybe it's because when the barrier was strengthened, we all had a large amount of magic, especially from dragons like Magnus, so the excess magic not used for the barrier just went into the plants. Now, as soon as we start to recover any magic, it just gets drained again into the barrier in small amounts, meaning no excess for the plants, and now that the barrier is weakened and can't hold magic, more is getting fed into the plants which makes them aggressive. I mean, this is all assuming that's how the barrier operates, I could be wrong. Chloe's explanation could also be the right one." Bimala suggested.
@Lednik
@Galatheid
@Havic
@Unterrestrial
@TripKatt13

@PunOverlord Unfortunately, I don't think it is. At least, I'm not sure if it's something the Ice flight does. I searched on the forums but the only Games held for the Crystalline Gala was a few years back and only an interest check which never became reality.
hhhahah.png
Fallen Eternity

He continued to smile. At least, at first. As they went on, a frown began forming, as despite all the warmth and power he felt, he'd need it for this new battle. Still not capable of flight, his shadow and fire magics were returning all the more, yet it also meant the plants would become even more deadly.

"So what I'm gathering from this, as a result of the Tsunami, the Magic being taken away, the plants being controlled and the barrier cracking, has all created an event that while might prove beneficial for us in our magic returning, at least partially, might also kill us because the plants will become murderous, and begin walking? Is that right?" His eyebrows knit in a bit of confusion. He was smart, don't get him wrong, but his intelligence relied more in battle, strategies and the natural world.

Magic was certainly natural, but it was a different level, one he didn't quite study yet, as that was more Transience's thing, not that he had done much in that way. No God/dess of knowledge thus far. He was a bit headstrong, so he hadn't paid too much attention to his teachings since each wanted to guide him in a certain way, one he stubbornly refused to go down.

He began using his fire, lighting the tip of his claw, almost using up his supplies. He may be getting them back rapidly, but that didn't mean his vast supply was anywhere near what it could be. He burned the ground, attempting to form a picture for his mind to interpret, so he understood completely. It was practically killing his brain, brilliance only got you so far, and this was not his aea of expertise.

He waited for their responses.
@Galatheid
@Havic
@Lednik
@Alurayune
@Unterrestrial
Fallen Eternity

He continued to smile. At least, at first. As they went on, a frown began forming, as despite all the warmth and power he felt, he'd need it for this new battle. Still not capable of flight, his shadow and fire magics were returning all the more, yet it also meant the plants would become even more deadly.

"So what I'm gathering from this, as a result of the Tsunami, the Magic being taken away, the plants being controlled and the barrier cracking, has all created an event that while might prove beneficial for us in our magic returning, at least partially, might also kill us because the plants will become murderous, and begin walking? Is that right?" His eyebrows knit in a bit of confusion. He was smart, don't get him wrong, but his intelligence relied more in battle, strategies and the natural world.

Magic was certainly natural, but it was a different level, one he didn't quite study yet, as that was more Transience's thing, not that he had done much in that way. No God/dess of knowledge thus far. He was a bit headstrong, so he hadn't paid too much attention to his teachings since each wanted to guide him in a certain way, one he stubbornly refused to go down.

He began using his fire, lighting the tip of his claw, almost using up his supplies. He may be getting them back rapidly, but that didn't mean his vast supply was anywhere near what it could be. He burned the ground, attempting to form a picture for his mind to interpret, so he understood completely. It was practically killing his brain, brilliance only got you so far, and this was not his aea of expertise.

He waited for their responses.
@Galatheid
@Havic
@Lednik
@Alurayune
@Unterrestrial
One day, a decision must be made, one that will decide all of existence. Who survives, will the Darkness conquer or the Light Prosper. I have seen in my orb, you will pick the path of our futures. Plague or Pearl will be your choice, as the fate of existence rests on your voice-The Tidelordtumblr_op5geiocBz1rravn7o1_500.pngz3tnOVC.png
The Guardian’s explanation didn’t quite add up to Foxglove. After all, how could the opposite actions produce the same result, how she had explained it? But she started to piece it together as Bimala spoke. “I think that’s likely,” she replied. “I can’t think of any other feasible explanations. And yes, that is correct, Mr. God.”

She faced the assembled dragons. “Since Odd is physically incapable to participate in war against angry daisies, and Mr. God will be figuring out how to chomp up the force field, that leaves me, Bimala, Chloe, and Demeter to head into the jungle. It’ll be a fun party.”

@TripKatt13
@Lednik
@Alurayune
@Havic
@Unterrestrial
The Guardian’s explanation didn’t quite add up to Foxglove. After all, how could the opposite actions produce the same result, how she had explained it? But she started to piece it together as Bimala spoke. “I think that’s likely,” she replied. “I can’t think of any other feasible explanations. And yes, that is correct, Mr. God.”

She faced the assembled dragons. “Since Odd is physically incapable to participate in war against angry daisies, and Mr. God will be figuring out how to chomp up the force field, that leaves me, Bimala, Chloe, and Demeter to head into the jungle. It’ll be a fun party.”

@TripKatt13
@Lednik
@Alurayune
@Havic
@Unterrestrial
Wow, that’s a lot of pings :o

Demeter sighed listening to the brains of the equation figure things out. So she would be going to the bloodthirsty jungle to destroy more plants? Great, well if it was the only way to escape she was willing to carry out the plan, although she was queasy at the idea. So the other dragons were getting their magic back. Good for them, a selfish part of her wishes she could have had unrivaled power for a while, if only for a day or two. At least, now they stood more of a chance of getting out of here. “Should we head there now then?” she asked the others. She said specifically to Eternity, “Are you fine with staying here

@galatheid
@tripkatt13
@alurayune
@lednik
@havic
Wow, that’s a lot of pings :o

Demeter sighed listening to the brains of the equation figure things out. So she would be going to the bloodthirsty jungle to destroy more plants? Great, well if it was the only way to escape she was willing to carry out the plan, although she was queasy at the idea. So the other dragons were getting their magic back. Good for them, a selfish part of her wishes she could have had unrivaled power for a while, if only for a day or two. At least, now they stood more of a chance of getting out of here. “Should we head there now then?” she asked the others. She said specifically to Eternity, “Are you fine with staying here

@galatheid
@tripkatt13
@alurayune
@lednik
@havic
Fallen Eternity

The Imperial nodded at Foxglove, though groaning at her name for him. Annoying, but it was unlikely he could do much about it. He turned to Demeter, the mirror he still felt some level of connection to. He'd do this for her, for Thezmios, and fr her family. He knew what he had to do.

"Yes. I must do this, I have no other choice. It may be the only way we get home, so if I have to fight a gigantic field of carnivorous flowers and an untouchable barrier to do it while you all try and figure out the other side of it, I'll do it."

He breathed in, and out. Once the others left, he'd go himself. He already had his things together. All alone, but that wasn't exactly new to him. Would he have the strength to do this? To fight the battle that would likely get him killed as plants consumed him?

Time to find out.
@Galatheid
@Havic
@Unterrestrial
@Alurayune
@Lednik
Fallen Eternity

The Imperial nodded at Foxglove, though groaning at her name for him. Annoying, but it was unlikely he could do much about it. He turned to Demeter, the mirror he still felt some level of connection to. He'd do this for her, for Thezmios, and fr her family. He knew what he had to do.

"Yes. I must do this, I have no other choice. It may be the only way we get home, so if I have to fight a gigantic field of carnivorous flowers and an untouchable barrier to do it while you all try and figure out the other side of it, I'll do it."

He breathed in, and out. Once the others left, he'd go himself. He already had his things together. All alone, but that wasn't exactly new to him. Would he have the strength to do this? To fight the battle that would likely get him killed as plants consumed him?

Time to find out.
@Galatheid
@Havic
@Unterrestrial
@Alurayune
@Lednik
One day, a decision must be made, one that will decide all of existence. Who survives, will the Darkness conquer or the Light Prosper. I have seen in my orb, you will pick the path of our futures. Plague or Pearl will be your choice, as the fate of existence rests on your voice-The Tidelordtumblr_op5geiocBz1rravn7o1_500.pngz3tnOVC.png
Foxglove narrowed her eyes as the Imperial spoke. She detected a hidden emotion, beyond the determinations and purpose that radiates from every one of the assembled dragons. Terror? She frowned. It’s subtle; I can’t pinpoint where that’s coming from. It was nothing new, however. These were dangerous circumstances, and it was natural to be scared. “Let’s move, then,” she responded. “May the spirits be with you, Godly One.” She directed the sarcastic remark at Eternity before she turned, pushed through the branches, and left the camp to follow the Guardian away.

@Alurayune
@TripKatt13
@Lednik
@Unterrestrial
@Havic

(Let’s all just agree that they succeed at this, to prevent this from getting dragged out too much :‘D)
Foxglove narrowed her eyes as the Imperial spoke. She detected a hidden emotion, beyond the determinations and purpose that radiates from every one of the assembled dragons. Terror? She frowned. It’s subtle; I can’t pinpoint where that’s coming from. It was nothing new, however. These were dangerous circumstances, and it was natural to be scared. “Let’s move, then,” she responded. “May the spirits be with you, Godly One.” She directed the sarcastic remark at Eternity before she turned, pushed through the branches, and left the camp to follow the Guardian away.

@Alurayune
@TripKatt13
@Lednik
@Unterrestrial
@Havic

(Let’s all just agree that they succeed at this, to prevent this from getting dragged out too much :‘D)
1 2 ... 161 162 163 164 165 ... 169 170