Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] The Same Mistake Twice
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17 18
Is that Nine? ewe the good spider bby?
Is that Nine? ewe the good spider bby?
@Dew
It's Nines and someone very close to them! who's still needing their new genes aha i'm blaming gaolers :')
@Dew
It's Nines and someone very close to them! who's still needing their new genes aha i'm blaming gaolers :')
e52f489a8e41315cbc10c068af7ac89eb91baf88.png
-gasp- kekki!!
-gasp- kekki!!
[center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/izb0g7ny7su6b7n/beastclanmidsmall.png[/img] [item=lagoon guppy] [sub]Food: Coli Time! Seafood: 30-40 Matches[/sub] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/izb0g7ny7su6b7n/beastclanmidsmall.png[/img] [u]Someone needs to curb Pinkertons seafood addiction lmao[/u] [font=utopia][size=4][Day Twenty-Two: The Promising Scientist][/size][/font] They were constantly running. Merely a few hours ago the reunited three were cheerfully laughing and resting their tired muscles but now they fled like there lives depended on it. Their lives did depend on it. "It's no use." Florence panted as they hid behind a large rock. "There's simply too many centaurs around here. Someone obviously knows we're here and they want us gone. They'll keep sending more." "Why?" Oracle gasped for air under the choking smog. "Why..?" Florence didn't answer. Whether it was to save her breath or keep Oracle from information that could see her into another phase of worrying none of them knew. She touched her own shoulder where a rotting sensation of acid stung her flesh. Whoever was sending these mercenaries, be it SQUALL or some other warmonger with enough power, had somehow engineered these beasts with elements believed to have been drained by the Shade so long, long ago. She looked over to where Oracle was also tending a frozen patch spreading down her arm. It didn't seem to affect her painfully. Florence hoped that she was right when she knew that Oracle held a deep, connecting elemental power within her. Kekki remained eerily quiet during the scene. Suddenly they pointed to a gap through the rock. "Look..." Three golem-like creature - similar to Nine Ninety Nine but with the obvious shaping of felines - were creeping along the murky ground. Dirt covered their chassis and charred leaves burst through cracks in their joints. They were catching a scent. Oracle, now ice-free, readied herself. "Prepare for another round, everyone." But nobody had time to prepare. Before they knew it the three hissing golems were in front of them. One was oozing with green, sickly essence that Oracle felt a connection with. She needed to defeat it. Three on three they fought hard, but the slash of their claws that previously could have weakened the flesh of other beast were doing nothing to the stone of the golems. Oracle flew into a frightening fit of rage, scratching and slashing the cocky-looking sentries. Florence kept her cool, knowing deep down how much Oracle wanted to tap into her small amount of magic and obliterate the beasts. However, she also knew it would do nothing against something of the same element. For Kekki, when they weakly picked themselves up and saw the oozing magical golem powering a bolt towards them, they knew that their end was near. Their two companions could only watch in horror as they tore themselves from their own battles. Nine Ninety Nine - as the faithful re-engineered sentry they were - rushed forward in one final attempt to save the promising scientist. The bolt of pure magic sent them both flying back in a small explosion. Through the blurs of their companions screaming and the pounding of their footsteps as they ran, Kekki held Nines in their arms one last time and slipped into the blissful darkness of forever. [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/izb0g7ny7su6b7n/beastclanmidsmall.png[/img] [font=chiller][size=6]Notable Loot[/font][/size] [item=sparrow skull] Times Fled: 12 [i]- twice to level up[/i] Potions Used: 12 [b]Total Battles: 19[/b] [font=chiller][size=6]Dragon Deaths[/font] Kekki #52099911 (and familiar Black Iron Creeper) [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/9q5s4lc62tqvsmr/beastclanmid.png[/img] [sub][sub][sub]@Dew @Cantata @Emordnilap @Alnilam @Lupik @Rookery
beastclanmidsmall.png
Lagoon Guppy
Food: Coli Time!
Seafood: 30-40 Matches

beastclanmidsmall.png

Someone needs to curb Pinkertons seafood addiction lmao

[Day Twenty-Two: The Promising Scientist]

They were constantly running. Merely a few hours ago the reunited three were cheerfully laughing and resting their tired muscles but now they fled like there lives depended on it. Their lives did depend on it.

"It's no use." Florence panted as they hid behind a large rock. "There's simply too many centaurs around here. Someone obviously knows we're here and they want us gone. They'll keep sending more."

"Why?" Oracle gasped for air under the choking smog. "Why..?"

Florence didn't answer. Whether it was to save her breath or keep Oracle from information that could see her into another phase of worrying none of them knew. She touched her own shoulder where a rotting sensation of acid stung her flesh. Whoever was sending these mercenaries, be it SQUALL or some other warmonger with enough power, had somehow engineered these beasts with elements believed to have been drained by the Shade so long, long ago. She looked over to where Oracle was also tending a frozen patch spreading down her arm. It didn't seem to affect her painfully. Florence hoped that she was right when she knew that Oracle held a deep, connecting elemental power within her.

Kekki remained eerily quiet during the scene. Suddenly they pointed to a gap through the rock. "Look..."

Three golem-like creature - similar to Nine Ninety Nine but with the obvious shaping of felines - were creeping along the murky ground. Dirt covered their chassis and charred leaves burst through cracks in their joints. They were catching a scent.

Oracle, now ice-free, readied herself. "Prepare for another round, everyone."

But nobody had time to prepare. Before they knew it the three hissing golems were in front of them. One was oozing with green, sickly essence that Oracle felt a connection with. She needed to defeat it.

Three on three they fought hard, but the slash of their claws that previously could have weakened the flesh of other beast were doing nothing to the stone of the golems. Oracle flew into a frightening fit of rage, scratching and slashing the cocky-looking sentries. Florence kept her cool, knowing deep down how much Oracle wanted to tap into her small amount of magic and obliterate the beasts. However, she also knew it would do nothing against something of the same element.

For Kekki, when they weakly picked themselves up and saw the oozing magical golem powering a bolt towards them, they knew that their end was near. Their two companions could only watch in horror as they tore themselves from their own battles. Nine Ninety Nine - as the faithful re-engineered sentry they were - rushed forward in one final attempt to save the promising scientist. The bolt of pure magic sent them both flying back in a small explosion.

Through the blurs of their companions screaming and the pounding of their footsteps as they ran, Kekki held Nines in their arms one last time and slipped into the blissful darkness of forever.
beastclanmidsmall.png
Notable Loot
Sparrow Skull

Times Fled: 12
- twice to level up
Potions Used: 12

Total Battles: 19

Dragon Deaths
Kekki #52099911 (and familiar Black Iron Creeper)
beastclanmid.png
@Dew @Cantata @Emordnilap @Alnilam @Lupik @Rookery
NOOOOOOOOO KEKKI!!!!!!!!
NOOOOOOOOO KEKKI!!!!!!!!
[center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/izb0g7ny7su6b7n/beastclanmidsmall.png[/img] [item=jar of side scales] [sub]Material: Write Some Lore![/sub] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/izb0g7ny7su6b7n/beastclanmidsmall.png[/img] [font=utopia][i][In the aftermath of a fatal battle...][/i] [size=4][Day Twenty-Three: Walking Over Graves][/size][/font] "Oracle." Florence began softly. "There's nothing we could have done to prevent them from falling." The matronly Wildclaw ran her fingers through the younger girls feathers softly. The usually emotional Oracle was now sitting silently speculating in front of two dug holes marked into the ground side-by-side. Graves. Florence held her head down. "I need to tell you the truth." Oracle slowly stirred from her perch. She turned her neck to look Florence in the eyes. "What do you mean, 'the truth'? I understand the nature of survival. Not everyone makes it-" "No." Florence interrupted. "You clearly don't know how things are around here now. And what it is in you that makes you such a target." Oracle looked confused. "Wait...you're meaning to say we're being targeted especially?" She gasped. "Settle down. I'm gonna tell you a story." Florence breathed out. "You've heard the tales of how the world ended. How our ancestors survived the explosions and the devastated world that came after it." She continued. "Before that, there were Eleven deities. Each created from their own element which passed into their children and their realms. Yours, Oracle" Florence leaned forwards to poke Oracle in the chest. "Is undoubtedly the Gladekeeper's Nature." Oracle blinked. "Gladekeeper's Nature..?" Florence once again interrupted. "When the explosion occurred, they suddenly vanished. Many will speculate that they had given up on the foolishness of dragonkind, or maybe were even killed by the explosion of the reactors. Others like me believe that they were simply weakened when their followers cursed them for the devastation." She paused to breathe. "With no gods to protect the world, the horrific devourer of magic - The Shade - spread at unholy speed across the world. The Shade is a corrupter of lifeforms, twisting the elements in them and feeding on them to grow bigger and more powerful in order to use their host to destroy even more remains of the elements." Florence shuddered. "It can corrupt anything from a blade of grass to a webwing to even you or me..." Oracle watched and listened in a mixture of awe and fear. Oda cawed uneasily beside her. Florence drawled on. "In the absence of the Eleven and by manipulating Shade, there was a few who took the opportunity to rise up as overlords of the new Age. These...[i]demons[/i] who somehow grew to rule with unholy power beyond that of us lowlanders. It's unknown how many there is across the world altogether, but here specifically in the south-east is where ones like SQUALL and The Matriarch have a tight hold." Florence's voice lowered to barely a whisper. "Whenever a being with an abnormal potential of elemental magic is discovered, The Matriarch will stop at nothing to have them killed. Rumours fly over why, but it's no rumour that she fears anyone who could topple her reign of terror." The Wildclaw sighed. "For especially high threats, she sends the demi-Lightning god SQUALL and his Hunters out to find them. Except he has a sick idea of forcing his prisoners fight to the death for Matriarch's amusement instead of destroying them outright. When you found me back there, I had barely escaped imprisonment." Oracle was now looking down at the ground. It was a lot to take in, but understandable as to why she was only finding out now about the evil that lurked beyond. Her former wandering tribe must've known she had a high potent of Nature magic in her and protected her from knowing she was twice as likely to die out in the wilds as anyone. Oracle finally spoke up again. "Nuz...Kekki...did..they?" She stumbled. Florence nodded. "Nuz had to have been one of the most dynamic Earth dragons I had ever seen. Kekki wasn't so elementally strong, but they had an intelligence and curiosity that likely threatened The Matriarch otherwise." Oracle looked at her hands. "It..is starting to make sense I guess. The stones with the shapes on them. The beasts being so violent." She clenched her fists. "Back there I felt a connection with one of the golems, the one with the leaking green stuff. Was that Nature?" Florence nodded. "Yes. I have no idea how they're engineering such magic like that, and at this point I'm afraid to find out." "Well." Oracle began. Her face became hardened. Like the surrounding scorched nature around her she stood up regardless to the pain and scars. Like a goddess warring with her decaying sister. "We need to survive. And we need to make sure no other being falls like Nuz and Kekki." She looked to Florence. "Will you stay with me?" Florence chuckled softly. "You sound like someone I used to know. Foolish, but also smart. Of course I'm sticking by you. I believe in you." [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/9q5s4lc62tqvsmr/beastclanmid.png[/img] [sub]You'll notice the day system has been fixed! All posts now equal one day in the Locke. The villains have now been revealed! They'll gradually be added to the front page. Also, some rules have been tweaked regarding apparel.[/sub] [sub][sub][sub] @Dew @Cantata @Emordnilap @Alnilam @Lupik @Rookery
beastclanmidsmall.png
Jar of Side Scales
Material: Write Some Lore!
beastclanmidsmall.png

[In the aftermath of a fatal battle...]

[Day Twenty-Three: Walking Over Graves]

"Oracle." Florence began softly. "There's nothing we could have done to prevent them from falling." The matronly Wildclaw ran her fingers through the younger girls feathers softly. The usually emotional Oracle was now sitting silently speculating in front of two dug holes marked into the ground side-by-side. Graves.

Florence held her head down. "I need to tell you the truth."

Oracle slowly stirred from her perch. She turned her neck to look Florence in the eyes. "What do you mean, 'the truth'? I understand the nature of survival. Not everyone makes it-"

"No." Florence interrupted. "You clearly don't know how things are around here now. And what it is in you that makes you such a target."

Oracle looked confused. "Wait...you're meaning to say we're being targeted especially?" She gasped.

"Settle down. I'm gonna tell you a story." Florence breathed out. "You've heard the tales of how the world ended. How our ancestors survived the explosions and the devastated world that came after it." She continued. "Before that, there were Eleven deities. Each created from their own element which passed into their children and their realms. Yours, Oracle" Florence leaned forwards to poke Oracle in the chest. "Is undoubtedly the Gladekeeper's Nature."

Oracle blinked. "Gladekeeper's Nature..?"

Florence once again interrupted. "When the explosion occurred, they suddenly vanished. Many will speculate that they had given up on the foolishness of dragonkind, or maybe were even killed by the explosion of the reactors. Others like me believe that they were simply weakened when their followers cursed them for the devastation." She paused to breathe. "With no gods to protect the world, the horrific devourer of magic - The Shade - spread at unholy speed across the world. The Shade is a corrupter of lifeforms, twisting the elements in them and feeding on them to grow bigger and more powerful in order to use their host to destroy even more remains of the elements." Florence shuddered. "It can corrupt anything from a blade of grass to a webwing to even you or me..."

Oracle watched and listened in a mixture of awe and fear. Oda cawed uneasily beside her.

Florence drawled on. "In the absence of the Eleven and by manipulating Shade, there was a few who took the opportunity to rise up as overlords of the new Age. These...demons who somehow grew to rule with unholy power beyond that of us lowlanders. It's unknown how many there is across the world altogether, but here specifically in the south-east is where ones like SQUALL and The Matriarch have a tight hold." Florence's voice lowered to barely a whisper. "Whenever a being with an abnormal potential of elemental magic is discovered, The Matriarch will stop at nothing to have them killed. Rumours fly over why, but it's no rumour that she fears anyone who could topple her reign of terror." The Wildclaw sighed. "For especially high threats, she sends the demi-Lightning god SQUALL and his Hunters out to find them. Except he has a sick idea of forcing his prisoners fight to the death for Matriarch's amusement instead of destroying them outright. When you found me back there, I had barely escaped imprisonment."

Oracle was now looking down at the ground. It was a lot to take in, but understandable as to why she was only finding out now about the evil that lurked beyond. Her former wandering tribe must've known she had a high potent of Nature magic in her and protected her from knowing she was twice as likely to die out in the wilds as anyone.

Oracle finally spoke up again. "Nuz...Kekki...did..they?" She stumbled.

Florence nodded. "Nuz had to have been one of the most dynamic Earth dragons I had ever seen. Kekki wasn't so elementally strong, but they had an intelligence and curiosity that likely threatened The Matriarch otherwise."

Oracle looked at her hands. "It..is starting to make sense I guess. The stones with the shapes on them. The beasts being so violent." She clenched her fists. "Back there I felt a connection with one of the golems, the one with the leaking green stuff. Was that Nature?"

Florence nodded. "Yes. I have no idea how they're engineering such magic like that, and at this point I'm afraid to find out."

"Well." Oracle began. Her face became hardened. Like the surrounding scorched nature around her she stood up regardless to the pain and scars. Like a goddess warring with her decaying sister. "We need to survive. And we need to make sure no other being falls like Nuz and Kekki." She looked to Florence. "Will you stay with me?"

Florence chuckled softly. "You sound like someone I used to know. Foolish, but also smart. Of course I'm sticking by you. I believe in you."
beastclanmid.png
You'll notice the day system has been fixed! All posts now equal one day in the Locke.
The villains have now been revealed! They'll gradually be added to the front page. Also, some rules have been tweaked regarding apparel.

I LOVE the lore you are building up for this!!!!!
I LOVE the lore you are building up for this!!!!!
[center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/izb0g7ny7su6b7n/beastclanmidsmall.png[/img] [item=windstroked silk whitetail] [sub]Material: Write Some Lore![/sub] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/izb0g7ny7su6b7n/beastclanmidsmall.png[/img] [font=utopia][i][In the light of new knowledge, Oracle puts her Nature magic to the test!][/i] [size=4][Day Twenty-Four: Back To Basics][/size][/font] The two survivors and their webwing chose to avoid any confrontation for the time being. After several hours of scouting through the trademark smog and avoiding pools of lava they both stumbled across what appeared to be a hollowed out and very large tree hidden underneath layers of charred canopy. A quick peek inside it and around the nearby area with aerial confirmation from Oda later and the companions settled inside and exhaustively fell onto the crunchy twigs and leaves. The evening and night slipped away through hours of sleeping. When dawn broke through the canopy Oracle found herself being awoken by the caws of Oda in her ear as the webwing demanded a brush of their plumage or punishment in the form of pokes from their webbed talons. She smiled, raising a hand to webwing as it began to purr weirdly. Florence was already awake when Oracle stretched and yawned. They had both been very quiet to one another since yesterdays confessions. "Hey Oracle. Is it okay if we try something?" Florence broke the record silence. Oracle looked over to her inquisitively. "What is it?" She replied. "It's something I've been wondering. It's something Nuz told me a while back. He said you cast a bolt of some sort when you were in the fields." Florence bit her lip upon mentioning the late closest friend of both of them, especially to Oracle. "Oh! I think, I'm not really sure how I did that..." Oracle pursed her lips. "It was more like a gust of wind came out of nowhere? I don't know how to do again..." She trailed into a whisper. Florence smiled reassuringly. "Don't overthink it. It's quiet for miles around here. We can practice." Some time later the two girls had prepped themselves for Oracle's attempt. Florence seemed particularly excited though she hid it well. Oda was pecking around brainlessly like a chicken in their coop, unaware of what their keeper was about to try. Oracle herself was following Florence's advice and trying not to overthink - but everything she took in yesterday and everything she had seen whirled around her mind like a hurricane destructively destroying her thoughts and concentration. She breathed out the tension. "Florence, how do I even start?" Florence hummed for a moment in thought. "I don't know. Just imagine those rocks over there are beasts?" She pointed to the said cluster of blackened rocks ahead. Oracle breathed back in. Out. In. Imagine they were beasts. Or golems. Imagine. Just imagining... Gunnoda was lying there. Nuz. The jackalopes snarling. The patch of rot in Florence's shoulder. The three golems- Oracle bit her lip hard. Kekki. A feline golem in the distance leaking Nature magic. With a sudden force of anger Oracle conjured an epic bolt out of her hands. The impact smashed into one of the rocks, cracking it before vines and thorns snaked their way through the opened stone. The cluster shattered to pieces, in its place sprouted blades of green grass and other leafy vegetation. Florence was gobsmacked. Oracle gritted her teeth roughly and growled, looking for more danger. "Oracle?" She fanned her friend with her wings and held Oracle's shoulders. "It's okay. Calm down now. Please." Oda curiously trotted over to the sight of the impact. They began to caw continuously. Then they started scratching at the ground with their feet. Oracle finally snapped out of her spell. "What's Oda doing..?" The two rushed over to where the webwing cawed inquisitively. "Well well!" Florence butted Oda to the side and begun digging through the rubble and plant life. "Amazing work, look what you've found us Oracle! There may be some food or coin in here..." [item=rusted treasure chest] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/9q5s4lc62tqvsmr/beastclanmid.png[/img] [sub]Chests in this Locke are found via bonding with familiars or dropping in the coli only, NOT via digging on site! The contents of the chest will be added to a new "storage" box on the front page![/sub] [sub][sub][sub]@Dew @Cantata @Emordnilap @Alnilam @Lupik @Rookery
beastclanmidsmall.png
Windstroked Silk Whitetail
Material: Write Some Lore!
beastclanmidsmall.png

[In the light of new knowledge, Oracle puts her Nature magic to the test!]

[Day Twenty-Four: Back To Basics]

The two survivors and their webwing chose to avoid any confrontation for the time being. After several hours of scouting through the trademark smog and avoiding pools of lava they both stumbled across what appeared to be a hollowed out and very large tree hidden underneath layers of charred canopy. A quick peek inside it and around the nearby area with aerial confirmation from Oda later and the companions settled inside and exhaustively fell onto the crunchy twigs and leaves.

The evening and night slipped away through hours of sleeping. When dawn broke through the canopy Oracle found herself being awoken by the caws of Oda in her ear as the webwing demanded a brush of their plumage or punishment in the form of pokes from their webbed talons. She smiled, raising a hand to webwing as it began to purr weirdly.

Florence was already awake when Oracle stretched and yawned. They had both been very quiet to one another since yesterdays confessions.

"Hey Oracle. Is it okay if we try something?" Florence broke the record silence. Oracle looked over to her inquisitively.

"What is it?" She replied.

"It's something I've been wondering. It's something Nuz told me a while back. He said you cast a bolt of some sort when you were in the fields." Florence bit her lip upon mentioning the late closest friend of both of them, especially to Oracle.

"Oh! I think, I'm not really sure how I did that..." Oracle pursed her lips. "It was more like a gust of wind came out of nowhere? I don't know how to do again..." She trailed into a whisper.

Florence smiled reassuringly. "Don't overthink it. It's quiet for miles around here. We can practice."

Some time later the two girls had prepped themselves for Oracle's attempt. Florence seemed particularly excited though she hid it well. Oda was pecking around brainlessly like a chicken in their coop, unaware of what their keeper was about to try. Oracle herself was following Florence's advice and trying not to overthink - but everything she took in yesterday and everything she had seen whirled around her mind like a hurricane destructively destroying her thoughts and concentration.

She breathed out the tension. "Florence, how do I even start?"

Florence hummed for a moment in thought. "I don't know. Just imagine those rocks over there are beasts?" She pointed to the said cluster of blackened rocks ahead.

Oracle breathed back in. Out. In. Imagine they were beasts. Or golems. Imagine. Just imagining... Gunnoda was lying there. Nuz. The jackalopes snarling. The patch of rot in Florence's shoulder. The three golems-

Oracle bit her lip hard. Kekki. A feline golem in the distance leaking Nature magic.

With a sudden force of anger Oracle conjured an epic bolt out of her hands. The impact smashed into one of the rocks, cracking it before vines and thorns snaked their way through the opened stone. The cluster shattered to pieces, in its place sprouted blades of green grass and other leafy vegetation. Florence was gobsmacked. Oracle gritted her teeth roughly and growled, looking for more danger.

"Oracle?" She fanned her friend with her wings and held Oracle's shoulders. "It's okay. Calm down now. Please."

Oda curiously trotted over to the sight of the impact. They began to caw continuously. Then they started scratching at the ground with their feet. Oracle finally snapped out of her spell. "What's Oda doing..?" The two rushed over to where the webwing cawed inquisitively.

"Well well!" Florence butted Oda to the side and begun digging through the rubble and plant life. "Amazing work, look what you've found us Oracle! There may be some food or coin in here..."

Rusted Treasure Chest
beastclanmid.png
Chests in this Locke are found via bonding with familiars or dropping in the coli only, NOT via digging on site!
The contents of the chest will be added to a new "storage" box on the front page!

oooooooo!!! look at what that little feathery buddy found!!
oooooooo!!! look at what that little feathery buddy found!!
I'm going on holiday this week! So next update probably won't be til Saturday at the latest ^v^ hope you all are well and thank you for your support with this Locke! <3
I'm going on holiday this week! So next update probably won't be til Saturday at the latest ^v^ hope you all are well and thank you for your support with this Locke! <3
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17 18