Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] The Same Mistake Twice
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18
!!!! These children.... I tell ya, bud, I just want to protect these kiddos with everything I got ;^;
!!!! These children.... I tell ya, bud, I just want to protect these kiddos with everything I got ;^;
[center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/izb0g7ny7su6b7n/beastclanmidsmall.png[/img] [item=deadwood boar] [sub]Familiar: A New Dragon Appears![/sub] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/izb0g7ny7su6b7n/beastclanmidsmall.png[/img] [font=utopia][size=4][Day Fourteen: Florence][/size][/font] The trio of Oracle, Nuz and Kekki continued pushing through the Woodland. "Will this forest ever end?" Nuz groaned. Sure to their progress the forest canopy did seem to begin disappearing above them. What were likely once lush leaves covering all kinds of life from the scorching sun were now becoming less and less visible. In their place, burnt twigs and gaps of sunlight where trees had fallen now became the scenery. "It looks like there's been a fire here recently..." Kekki paused to examine the ground. Nine Ninety Nine also scanned the area where the multi-limbed creature was crouching. They then stood up. "Positive. That's ash. We should be careful." "Well, you don't say knuckle-head. What have we been doing the past couple days?" Nuz snapped out of exhaustion. He had been raised in a desert, what did they expect? Besides that, heavy feelings of guilt still drowned in the pool of his conscience. "What I'm saying is we've already lost one to carelessness." Kekki uttered to no-one in particular. Nuz finally broke. "GUNNODA KNEW WHAT THEY WERE DOING!" "HEY! WILL YOU BOTH QUIT IT?" Oracle was getting emotional again. Memories of Gunnoda's body flooded back into her mind, and now her only remaining companions were bickering and for what? "The blue one's right." A voice suddenly appeared. It was deep, yet ambiguous. Crackling like the charred twigs littering the scene. "Get over it. They're close." Suddenly a bipedal form pushed its way through a mess of branches. It looked quite similar to Oracle, but more draconic in appearance. They also sported a pair of torn, brown-coloured feather wings. The trio froze in caution. Oracle finally spoke up after a brief second. "Wh-wh-who is close?" She whispered. "A pack of SQUALL's Hunters. If you let me join you, we can outrun them and you can help me against this forest." The mystery dragon beckoned to them. "I also see you've got a few...[i]battle stones[/i]...with you. I could help you understand them..." [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49416888] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/494169/49416888_350.png[/img] [/url] Florence has joined the story! Just who is she? Why are these beings chasing them and what/who is SQUALL..? Stay tuned! [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/izb0g7ny7su6b7n/beastclanmidsmall.png[/img] [sub][sub]Pinglist: @Dew @Cantata @Emordnilap @Alnilam[/center]
beastclanmidsmall.png
Deadwood Boar
Familiar: A New Dragon Appears!
beastclanmidsmall.png

[Day Fourteen: Florence]

The trio of Oracle, Nuz and Kekki continued pushing through the Woodland. "Will this forest ever end?" Nuz groaned. Sure to their progress the forest canopy did seem to begin disappearing above them. What were likely once lush leaves covering all kinds of life from the scorching sun were now becoming less and less visible. In their place, burnt twigs and gaps of sunlight where trees had fallen now became the scenery.

"It looks like there's been a fire here recently..." Kekki paused to examine the ground. Nine Ninety Nine also scanned the area where the multi-limbed creature was crouching. They then stood up. "Positive. That's ash. We should be careful."

"Well, you don't say knuckle-head. What have we been doing the past couple days?" Nuz snapped out of exhaustion. He had been raised in a desert, what did they expect? Besides that, heavy feelings of guilt still drowned in the pool of his conscience.

"What I'm saying is we've already lost one to carelessness." Kekki uttered to no-one in particular.

Nuz finally broke. "GUNNODA KNEW WHAT THEY WERE DOING!"

"HEY! WILL YOU BOTH QUIT IT?" Oracle was getting emotional again. Memories of Gunnoda's body flooded back into her mind, and now her only remaining companions were bickering and for what?

"The blue one's right." A voice suddenly appeared. It was deep, yet ambiguous. Crackling like the charred twigs littering the scene. "Get over it. They're close." Suddenly a bipedal form pushed its way through a mess of branches. It looked quite similar to Oracle, but more draconic in appearance. They also sported a pair of torn, brown-coloured feather wings.

The trio froze in caution. Oracle finally spoke up after a brief second. "Wh-wh-who is close?" She whispered.

"A pack of SQUALL's Hunters. If you let me join you, we can outrun them and you can help me against this forest." The mystery dragon beckoned to them. "I also see you've got a few...battle stones...with you. I could help you understand them..."

49416888_350.png

Florence has joined the story! Just who is she? Why are these beings chasing them and what/who is SQUALL..? Stay tuned!
beastclanmidsmall.png
Pinglist: @Dew @Cantata @Emordnilap @Alnilam
e52f489a8e41315cbc10c068af7ac89eb91baf88.png
In this house we love and respect Florence.
In this house we love and respect Florence.
[center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/izb0g7ny7su6b7n/beastclanmidsmall.png[/img] [item=corrosive depin hide] [sub]Material: Write some lore![/sub] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/izb0g7ny7su6b7n/beastclanmidsmall.png[/img] [font=utopia][i][Later that day..][/i] [size=4][Day Fifteen: New Allies, New Problems][/size][/font] The Woodland was now becoming less and less of its featured namesake. The air surrounding the gang of misfits was becoming unbearably hot and thick. While Nuz was used to the choking reality of sandstorms in his youth this was a whole new level of respiratory hell. Poor Oracle was unbearably hot in her claimed coat, her feathers were sticky and clumped together in the most sickly manner. Even Oda - the now named webwing - was cawing in protest as they panted onwards above everyone's heads. "How has it become so hot all of a sudden?" Oracle complained and quite rightly so. She huffed a strand of frizzy hair out of her face. Florence quickly answered. "It's only a rumour, but I heard the plans for it being burned is to make way for another robotics laboratory." She seemed to shudder at the idea and whispered promptly. "I never told you anything." The other three uttered in confusion but eventually left the subject. Until Florence spoke up again. "..you do realise that creeper bot tagging along with us is probably tracking our every movement, yeah?" "You mean Nine Ninety Nine?" Oracle gasped. Nuz however turned to look at Kekki trailing behind with the spider. The face of the multi-limbed adolescent was painted with a fury Nuz had never seen pictured before. "If they were, I wouldn't have joined this parade." Kekkie snarled. "Of course there's no tracker on them. I've made sure of it." Florence took a step back. Nuz and Oracle were simply confused. They knew most robotic things were bad - save for the angel that was Gunnoda, and they STILL debated whether they wanted to know the story behind her cyborganic form or not - but could a small spider really tell someone where they were at that very moment? After an awkward silence Florence spoke up again. "Look, I understand you're probably real close to that thi-" "You don't understand shade blot." Kekki mumbled harshly. Now Nuz and Oracle gaped at one another with an open mouth expression. "-I." Florence stumbled. Another awkward moment of silence passed. "Nine Ninety Nine is staying. They aren't tracking nobody. Now Kekki, Nuz, Florence let us just have a few hours to THINK and PLAN please? Is that too much to ask?" Oracle was practically pleading for sanity amongst her companions at this rate. "We need to find somewhere to camp! And I can't decide whether we should go back into the Woodland or go forward." "Going forward is the only option we have." Said Kekki coldly. "Oracle and Nuz both saw a drone back in the fields, so they're searching there. We can find a way around in the trees." They glared at Florence. "Then you can help us understand the battle stones better like you said you would." Before Florence could reply Nuz interrupted with his innocent grin. "Right then! Around it is!" Despite his cheerful exterior, Nuz himself was nervous. How did what was meant to be a small prank end up becoming all this? He asked himself. [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/izb0g7ny7su6b7n/beastclanmidsmall.png[/img] [sub][sub]Pinglist: @Dew @Cantata @Emordnilap @Alnilam[/center]
beastclanmidsmall.png
Corrosive Depin Hide
Material: Write some lore!
beastclanmidsmall.png

[Later that day..]

[Day Fifteen: New Allies, New Problems]

The Woodland was now becoming less and less of its featured namesake. The air surrounding the gang of misfits was becoming unbearably hot and thick. While Nuz was used to the choking reality of sandstorms in his youth this was a whole new level of respiratory hell. Poor Oracle was unbearably hot in her claimed coat, her feathers were sticky and clumped together in the most sickly manner. Even Oda - the now named webwing - was cawing in protest as they panted onwards above everyone's heads.

"How has it become so hot all of a sudden?" Oracle complained and quite rightly so. She huffed a strand of frizzy hair out of her face.

Florence quickly answered. "It's only a rumour, but I heard the plans for it being burned is to make way for another robotics laboratory." She seemed to shudder at the idea and whispered promptly. "I never told you anything."

The other three uttered in confusion but eventually left the subject. Until Florence spoke up again. "..you do realise that creeper bot tagging along with us is probably tracking our every movement, yeah?"

"You mean Nine Ninety Nine?" Oracle gasped. Nuz however turned to look at Kekki trailing behind with the spider. The face of the multi-limbed adolescent was painted with a fury Nuz had never seen pictured before.

"If they were, I wouldn't have joined this parade." Kekkie snarled. "Of course there's no tracker on them. I've made sure of it."

Florence took a step back. Nuz and Oracle were simply confused. They knew most robotic things were bad - save for the angel that was Gunnoda, and they STILL debated whether they wanted to know the story behind her cyborganic form or not - but could a small spider really tell someone where they were at that very moment?

After an awkward silence Florence spoke up again. "Look, I understand you're probably real close to that thi-"

"You don't understand shade blot." Kekki mumbled harshly.

Now Nuz and Oracle gaped at one another with an open mouth expression. "-I." Florence stumbled. Another awkward moment of silence passed.

"Nine Ninety Nine is staying. They aren't tracking nobody. Now Kekki, Nuz, Florence let us just have a few hours to THINK and PLAN please? Is that too much to ask?" Oracle was practically pleading for sanity amongst her companions at this rate. "We need to find somewhere to camp! And I can't decide whether we should go back into the Woodland or go forward."

"Going forward is the only option we have." Said Kekki coldly. "Oracle and Nuz both saw a drone back in the fields, so they're searching there. We can find a way around in the trees." They glared at Florence. "Then you can help us understand the battle stones better like you said you would."

Before Florence could reply Nuz interrupted with his innocent grin. "Right then! Around it is!" Despite his cheerful exterior, Nuz himself was nervous. How did what was meant to be a small prank end up becoming all this? He asked himself.
beastclanmidsmall.png
Look at these darlings... I hope they can all get along ;^; Kekki, Florence, play nice!!!
Look at these darlings... I hope they can all get along ;^; Kekki, Florence, play nice!!!
[center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/izb0g7ny7su6b7n/beastclanmidsmall.png[/img] [item=berserker] [sub]Battlestone: DEATH STREAK![/sub] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/izb0g7ny7su6b7n/beastclanmidsmall.png[/img] [font=utopia][size=4][Day Sixteen][/size][/font] [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/80c8cdebc85ce4f4269cd7e4935108ca/tumblr_pspzqrdTE91wy3s0xo1_1280.png[/img] Once again the group escapes danger [emoji=bogsneak love size=1] I've very sneakily levelled Florence up to 3 to catch up with her peers...sssshhh [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/9q5s4lc62tqvsmr/beastclanmid.png[/img] [sub][sub]Pinglist: @Dew @Cantata @Emordnilap @Alnilam[/center]
beastclanmidsmall.png
Berserker
Battlestone: DEATH STREAK!
beastclanmidsmall.png

[Day Sixteen]

tumblr_pspzqrdTE91wy3s0xo1_1280.png

Once again the group escapes danger I've very sneakily levelled Florence up to 3 to catch up with her peers...sssshhh
beastclanmid.png
... i just caught up and found out Gunnoda is dead, noOOOOOO-
also I love Kekki and Nine Ninety Nine and I want to protect them

also could you add me to your pinglist please? :o
... i just caught up and found out Gunnoda is dead, noOOOOOO-
also I love Kekki and Nine Ninety Nine and I want to protect them

also could you add me to your pinglist please? :o
Lupik_Firebreak.pnglupik_pockets.pnglupik_kindling.pnglupik_razzmatazz.png
My permadragons are in first 3 tabs of lair + first 2 tabs of hibden :)
Some dragons have pronouns in their tagline! Please use those if that's the case, ty!
@Lupik Oh goodness, tell me about it [emoji=guardian sad size=1] Gunnoda shall live on! In our hearts... and Kekki is becoming such a great wee rebel, original concept mirror and robot spider ftw! And of course! You've been added :D
@Lupik
Oh goodness, tell me about it Gunnoda shall live on! In our hearts... and Kekki is becoming such a great wee rebel, original concept mirror and robot spider ftw!

And of course! You've been added :D
[center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/izb0g7ny7su6b7n/beastclanmidsmall.png[/img] [item=blackberry] [sub]Food: Coli Time! Plant: 10-20 Matches[/sub] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/izb0g7ny7su6b7n/beastclanmidsmall.png[/img] [u]RNG has chosen Florence to accompany Nuz and Oracle this time round, I wonder how it will go for her...[/u] [font=utopia][size=4][Day Seventeen: Strength At A Cost][/size][/font] "I promised I would show you how these battle stones worked." Said Florence as she sharpened her claws on a makeshift nail filer. "What better way than to do it in battle?" "Wait." Nuz paused. "You mean we're just gonna go out and pick a fight with some beast?" "Pretty much." Replied Florence. Oracle said nothing, but looked rather uncomfortable. Kekki scoffed. "You won't catch me partaking in such tomfoolery. I'm gonna go and source out some berries. Nine Ninety Nine scanned a cluster of blackberry bushes just north of here." Florence didn't give them any attention. "Oracle? You coming with us?" She asked the cyan girl. "Y-yeah, I should. Have fun Kekki and Nines..." She wandered off with Florence and Nuz, leaving the young one behind. [font=utopia][i][After a few battles with the Woodland beasts...][/i][/font] "Do you feel something when you touch these?" Florence whispered. Nuz and Oracle seemed...amazed. "...I feel strong." Mumbled Oracle. "How are these things working..?" Questioned Nuz. Florence's expression changed from curious to ecstatic. "I had the feeling when I first saw you both that you would be one of those ones!" As quickly as her expression changed she painted her face with worry. "Now we really need to hide." [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/izb0g7ny7su6b7n/beastclanmidsmall.png[/img] [font=chiller][size=6]Notable Loot[/font][/size] - Times Fled: 1 Potions Used: 0 [b]Total Battles: 15[/b] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/9q5s4lc62tqvsmr/beastclanmid.png[/img][center][sub][sub][sub]@Dew @Cantata @Emordnilap @Alnilam @Lupik
beastclanmidsmall.png
Blackberry
Food: Coli Time!
Plant: 10-20 Matches

beastclanmidsmall.png

RNG has chosen Florence to accompany Nuz and Oracle this time round, I wonder how it will go for her...

[Day Seventeen: Strength At A Cost]

"I promised I would show you how these battle stones worked." Said Florence as she sharpened her claws on a makeshift nail filer. "What better way than to do it in battle?"

"Wait." Nuz paused. "You mean we're just gonna go out and pick a fight with some beast?"

"Pretty much." Replied Florence. Oracle said nothing, but looked rather uncomfortable.

Kekki scoffed. "You won't catch me partaking in such tomfoolery. I'm gonna go and source out some berries. Nine Ninety Nine scanned a cluster of blackberry bushes just north of here." Florence didn't give them any attention.

"Oracle? You coming with us?" She asked the cyan girl.

"Y-yeah, I should. Have fun Kekki and Nines..." She wandered off with Florence and Nuz, leaving the young one behind.

[After a few battles with the Woodland beasts...]

"Do you feel something when you touch these?" Florence whispered. Nuz and Oracle seemed...amazed.

"...I feel strong." Mumbled Oracle.

"How are these things working..?" Questioned Nuz.

Florence's expression changed from curious to ecstatic. "I had the feeling when I first saw you both that you would be one of those ones!" As quickly as her expression changed she painted her face with worry. "Now we really need to hide."
beastclanmidsmall.png
Notable Loot
-

Times Fled: 1
Potions Used: 0

Total Battles: 15
beastclanmid.png
[center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/izb0g7ny7su6b7n/beastclanmidsmall.png[/img] [item=nogglet] [sub]Food: Coli Time! Seafood: 30-40 Matches[/sub] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/izb0g7ny7su6b7n/beastclanmidsmall.png[/img] [u]RNG has decided Oracle, Kekki and Florence need to work things out...[/u] [font=utopia][size=4][Day Eighteen: Teamwork][/size][/font] "Florence, Kekki, could you both come over here for a moment?" Oracle called out to the two. They weren't bickering, but it was obvious amongst the whole group that the silent treatment they gave one another was not meant to be a friendly gesture. However it was also obvious that Oracle was worrying. Nuz had slipped out after yesterdays blackberry feast and has been gone all night. Even worse, he had told Kekki briefly that he was [i]only[/i] going out to reclaim a stone he dropped. Although Nuz was the moral support and makeshift "leader" of the ragtag group, he wasn't precisely the best at decision making - or telling his companions of his motives to sneak out for that matter. Kekki scampered over to their blue friend and Florence stopped her nail filing to follow suit. Both made the effort to avoid one another but give their full attention to what Oracle was about to say. Oracle sighed. "We need to go out and find Nuz-" "Sure." Replied Florence. Kekki huffed in agreement. "-and I need you both to at least tolerate each other more than ever now. Nuz... has become a close friend to me. I know, I know... he isn't the best survivor in the world, but he [i]is[/i] my bestest friend. And I hope you both know that we both would do the same for you if anything happened." Oracle finished. Kekki nodded and scampered to ready their satchel. Florence however seemed to stay where she was. "I know he's close to you and all, but if...[i]they[/i] have got to them first, then we shouldn't risk it trying to save him." She finally spoke. Before Oracle could reply she continued. "I've been in the same chapter as you before, girl. Believe me when I say love isn't worth capture or dying for." Oracle glared daggers at the Wildclaw-creature. "Let us go now, Florence." She picked up her bow and turned towards the charred bushes. [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/izb0g7ny7su6b7n/beastclanmidsmall.png[/img] [font=chiller][size=6]Notable Loot[/font][/size] [item=minor health potion][item=cockatrice][item=natural acuity fragment][item=leafy pack] Times Fled: 2 Potions Used: 3 [b]Total Battles: 40![/b] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/9q5s4lc62tqvsmr/beastclanmid.png[/img] [sub][sub][sub]@Dew @Cantata @Emordnilap @Alnilam @Lupik
beastclanmidsmall.png
Nogglet
Food: Coli Time!
Seafood: 30-40 Matches

beastclanmidsmall.png

RNG has decided Oracle, Kekki and Florence need to work things out...

[Day Eighteen: Teamwork]

"Florence, Kekki, could you both come over here for a moment?" Oracle called out to the two. They weren't bickering, but it was obvious amongst the whole group that the silent treatment they gave one another was not meant to be a friendly gesture.

However it was also obvious that Oracle was worrying. Nuz had slipped out after yesterdays blackberry feast and has been gone all night. Even worse, he had told Kekki briefly that he was only going out to reclaim a stone he dropped. Although Nuz was the moral support and makeshift "leader" of the ragtag group, he wasn't precisely the best at decision making - or telling his companions of his motives to sneak out for that matter.

Kekki scampered over to their blue friend and Florence stopped her nail filing to follow suit. Both made the effort to avoid one another but give their full attention to what Oracle was about to say. Oracle sighed. "We need to go out and find Nuz-"

"Sure." Replied Florence. Kekki huffed in agreement.

"-and I need you both to at least tolerate each other more than ever now. Nuz... has become a close friend to me. I know, I know... he isn't the best survivor in the world, but he is my bestest friend. And I hope you both know that we both would do the same for you if anything happened." Oracle finished.

Kekki nodded and scampered to ready their satchel. Florence however seemed to stay where she was. "I know he's close to you and all, but if...they have got to them first, then we shouldn't risk it trying to save him." She finally spoke. Before Oracle could reply she continued. "I've been in the same chapter as you before, girl. Believe me when I say love isn't worth capture or dying for."

Oracle glared daggers at the Wildclaw-creature. "Let us go now, Florence." She picked up her bow and turned towards the charred bushes.
beastclanmidsmall.png
Notable Loot
Minor Health Potion Cockatrice Natural Acuity Fragment Leafy Pack

Times Fled: 2
Potions Used: 3

Total Battles: 40!
beastclanmid.png
@Dew @Cantata @Emordnilap @Alnilam @Lupik
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18