Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [P] Around the World in Eleven Primals!
1 2 ... 212 213 214 215 216 217 218
Apologies for the mass ping, but I have some announcements to make!

Firstly, and the reason I'm mass pinging everyone in the first place, is that I have set up pinglist widgets! From now on this will be how everyone will be notified for their preferred landmarks through the remainder of the quest. This is honestly such an amazing update, I'm so excited to implement these.

The pinglists can be joined on the front page of this thread in addition to right here. Until mass-pinging is disabled on the site, I'm going to leave the old, manually curated pinglists viewable so everyone can see which pinglists they were originally on and join the new versions.

Here are all the new pinglist widgets:
Primal Hatched:
(Pings you only when I hatch a Primal dragon)

Other Special Eye-types:
(Pings you for all Special Eye-type hatches EXCEPT Primal)

Flight Change:
(Pings you when I move to any new Flight)

Specific Non-Primal Special Eyes:

Team-Specific Primal Hatch:

And now for my second announcement:
Lately, productivity on this quest has slowed down significantly. I've tried seeing if I could bounce back after giving myself breaks, but it eventually grinds to a halt again after a few weeks. Between working towards my master's degree, engaging with extracurricular hobbies, and just general life stuff, I haven't had as much time or energy to dedicate to this quest in the past months as I used to. I am not ending the quest- we're so close to completing this, and I'd be really bummed to end it here. However, one of the most difficult parts of maintaining the quest for me has become the daily posts. It only takes a few minutes of my day each day, but the process has gotten to be a lot, and I've found myself avoiding the site because of it.

So! For the foreseeable future, I will be discontinuing the Daily Hatches pinglist, and the daily posts associated with it. Instead, my posts will only be for when I hatch a dragon with a special eye type or primal, and for when I move flights. If you were previously on the Daily Hatch pinglist and still want to see all of the hatch updates I post, I suggest subbing to both the Primal Hatch and Special Eye Hatch (Non-Primal) pinglists. I think this is the best decision to make for the quest, and I'm hopeful that this will help to bring us to the ever-nearing finish line. Thank you all for your support and encouragement so far!

@24Finns @Alepha @almightyjanitor @Amphithere @AsheUbert @bardcollege @Benobi @blaireau @borb @Capricat @CassioPixie @COparade @Dachshund59 @DaCookie @DragonClawz @Endoeros @epicjuice @Eulogy @Everburn @FeatherFace @GhostOrgans @Glitterbottom @grayscalee @horocol @IsleOfBerk @KiliaKit @Koyako @KryptikKreature @kyaveus @Lednik @Lepton @Levona @LostForeverLost @Lykantos @MagicIsReal @MessengerDragon @Miizar @minervamaga @minqs @missaliceblue @MoonOwlzzzzzzz @mothxhours @mrattus @nataliaryker @NeonGalaxy @nixworm @Noddddd @OpalHeart24 @Overcoat @Panther202 @Peachycupcake525 @Phoenyxx @Pinsel @PunkNoctis @Quackles @Quinhwyvar @ReaScorch @RocketBear @SakuraDryad @Salazia @Scales25 @Scholarr @sense @septarianflare @Severynn @ShadowFoxclaw @SimplyNashie @Sinjin @Skittyfairy @Solanceae @Somnovem @SteampunkLlama @StolassPrince @SunnyShowers @Swissy @TheDeathseer @theVer @Tidalgaze @Torrith @Umbreonlove7 @winterbright @Winterize @Xayxayx @xylems @Adrasci @almondandapple @Alqamar @AnguisaThorne @Aradan @Archerfish @Axqu @BoundlessSkies @brandonjui @Cleasia @CleverTrick @CommonRue @CrownedLadybug @Crytzall @delwyrn @DetectivePopcorn @DieingLilac @DragonPetra @DragonWolfie @ElementMaster @Elfydragon @EmberCitrine @Envienn @FelinaeFatale @Foreva001 @Frostwing05 @Fulminare @Funfun11 @GraceShelby1031 @Grekkuga @hashrapmodus413 @Hassaleh @Havic @hurricaneRMS @icepools @Ilyriss @IndigoCat @kijauni @KrazKitCat @LapisWings @LaWombat @madameprez @MeKat @mellify @Nature3468 @NightGaze @nitsuj @nychthemeron @ofthevoid @Ootzous @pastprologue @Pumpkinheart @quilliper @rarewareofficial @Rosesinger @Sacrament @Sandydragon595 @Silvfyre @SkyStorm7 @SmrTim @soulykins @StarfallRanch @Stormlark @Sunlace @Tamarin21 @TheEternalPlague @thievesguilding @ThrowTheBones @ToxicVenom @Tufira @Tynethyne @victorycalls @wavepool @WaywardWillow @Whiteboard @winterchant @wyvernlord @xStormDancerx @yeuxjaunes @8ooks @9Volt @aequora @Aetherskyes @airport @Alpestris @AlphaSnowdust @amoebawasp @Aron55 @Arwain @Auralyx @Avrap @awsten @BellatheITgirl @BlurryReflection @BreezeFeather @brightmeadow @callerunknown @Celuin @Ceylenium @craftbaobao2 @Cymothoe @Dakkokki @DatMoonGamer @DireDragonar @Dytileea @Ebanon @Eversnow @FableSky @Fantivity @Festivoog @FireflyFields @FlutterbatWyatt @FoggyDownpour @Font @Galatheid @Galtanaron @gamingcookie @Garvin @Gathouria @GrinningWolf24 @GuacamacaYT @handdrawnviolist @Incantations @inkwardlychaotic @Inkwyrm @Jaspernoir @KamuKat @LocalHellcat @Lunalis @Lunarduo @Luxia @Milohilay @PlaqueDoc @Polyhymnia @ProudMomof1 @QueenRed @RadioReprise @Rainbeetle @Riyoke @Screenmaster @SensaSpecter @shapeshiftr @SheridanCharon @SilentDreamer030 @Snivkins @StarSplash @TalonShrubfire @TestAccounttttt @TheRookGryphon @UniverseStar @UrUsual @VanillaSpicedIce @Vickypedia @Wintaclu @Wintersphoenix @wintrecat @Wonderling @Wufflesnuff @ZippoFeuer @ZoranaDragon
Apologies for the mass ping, but I have some announcements to make!

Firstly, and the reason I'm mass pinging everyone in the first place, is that I have set up pinglist widgets! From now on this will be how everyone will be notified for their preferred landmarks through the remainder of the quest. This is honestly such an amazing update, I'm so excited to implement these.

The pinglists can be joined on the front page of this thread in addition to right here. Until mass-pinging is disabled on the site, I'm going to leave the old, manually curated pinglists viewable so everyone can see which pinglists they were originally on and join the new versions.

Here are all the new pinglist widgets:
Primal Hatched:
(Pings you only when I hatch a Primal dragon)

Other Special Eye-types:
(Pings you for all Special Eye-type hatches EXCEPT Primal)

Flight Change:
(Pings you when I move to any new Flight)

Specific Non-Primal Special Eyes:

Team-Specific Primal Hatch:

And now for my second announcement:
Lately, productivity on this quest has slowed down significantly. I've tried seeing if I could bounce back after giving myself breaks, but it eventually grinds to a halt again after a few weeks. Between working towards my master's degree, engaging with extracurricular hobbies, and just general life stuff, I haven't had as much time or energy to dedicate to this quest in the past months as I used to. I am not ending the quest- we're so close to completing this, and I'd be really bummed to end it here. However, one of the most difficult parts of maintaining the quest for me has become the daily posts. It only takes a few minutes of my day each day, but the process has gotten to be a lot, and I've found myself avoiding the site because of it.

So! For the foreseeable future, I will be discontinuing the Daily Hatches pinglist, and the daily posts associated with it. Instead, my posts will only be for when I hatch a dragon with a special eye type or primal, and for when I move flights. If you were previously on the Daily Hatch pinglist and still want to see all of the hatch updates I post, I suggest subbing to both the Primal Hatch and Special Eye Hatch (Non-Primal) pinglists. I think this is the best decision to make for the quest, and I'm hopeful that this will help to bring us to the ever-nearing finish line. Thank you all for your support and encouragement so far!

@24Finns @Alepha @almightyjanitor @Amphithere @AsheUbert @bardcollege @Benobi @blaireau @borb @Capricat @CassioPixie @COparade @Dachshund59 @DaCookie @DragonClawz @Endoeros @epicjuice @Eulogy @Everburn @FeatherFace @GhostOrgans @Glitterbottom @grayscalee @horocol @IsleOfBerk @KiliaKit @Koyako @KryptikKreature @kyaveus @Lednik @Lepton @Levona @LostForeverLost @Lykantos @MagicIsReal @MessengerDragon @Miizar @minervamaga @minqs @missaliceblue @MoonOwlzzzzzzz @mothxhours @mrattus @nataliaryker @NeonGalaxy @nixworm @Noddddd @OpalHeart24 @Overcoat @Panther202 @Peachycupcake525 @Phoenyxx @Pinsel @PunkNoctis @Quackles @Quinhwyvar @ReaScorch @RocketBear @SakuraDryad @Salazia @Scales25 @Scholarr @sense @septarianflare @Severynn @ShadowFoxclaw @SimplyNashie @Sinjin @Skittyfairy @Solanceae @Somnovem @SteampunkLlama @StolassPrince @SunnyShowers @Swissy @TheDeathseer @theVer @Tidalgaze @Torrith @Umbreonlove7 @winterbright @Winterize @Xayxayx @xylems @Adrasci @almondandapple @Alqamar @AnguisaThorne @Aradan @Archerfish @Axqu @BoundlessSkies @brandonjui @Cleasia @CleverTrick @CommonRue @CrownedLadybug @Crytzall @delwyrn @DetectivePopcorn @DieingLilac @DragonPetra @DragonWolfie @ElementMaster @Elfydragon @EmberCitrine @Envienn @FelinaeFatale @Foreva001 @Frostwing05 @Fulminare @Funfun11 @GraceShelby1031 @Grekkuga @hashrapmodus413 @Hassaleh @Havic @hurricaneRMS @icepools @Ilyriss @IndigoCat @kijauni @KrazKitCat @LapisWings @LaWombat @madameprez @MeKat @mellify @Nature3468 @NightGaze @nitsuj @nychthemeron @ofthevoid @Ootzous @pastprologue @Pumpkinheart @quilliper @rarewareofficial @Rosesinger @Sacrament @Sandydragon595 @Silvfyre @SkyStorm7 @SmrTim @soulykins @StarfallRanch @Stormlark @Sunlace @Tamarin21 @TheEternalPlague @thievesguilding @ThrowTheBones @ToxicVenom @Tufira @Tynethyne @victorycalls @wavepool @WaywardWillow @Whiteboard @winterchant @wyvernlord @xStormDancerx @yeuxjaunes @8ooks @9Volt @aequora @Aetherskyes @airport @Alpestris @AlphaSnowdust @amoebawasp @Aron55 @Arwain @Auralyx @Avrap @awsten @BellatheITgirl @BlurryReflection @BreezeFeather @brightmeadow @callerunknown @Celuin @Ceylenium @craftbaobao2 @Cymothoe @Dakkokki @DatMoonGamer @DireDragonar @Dytileea @Ebanon @Eversnow @FableSky @Fantivity @Festivoog @FireflyFields @FlutterbatWyatt @FoggyDownpour @Font @Galatheid @Galtanaron @gamingcookie @Garvin @Gathouria @GrinningWolf24 @GuacamacaYT @handdrawnviolist @Incantations @inkwardlychaotic @Inkwyrm @Jaspernoir @KamuKat @LocalHellcat @Lunalis @Lunarduo @Luxia @Milohilay @PlaqueDoc @Polyhymnia @ProudMomof1 @QueenRed @RadioReprise @Rainbeetle @Riyoke @Screenmaster @SensaSpecter @shapeshiftr @SheridanCharon @SilentDreamer030 @Snivkins @StarSplash @TalonShrubfire @TestAccounttttt @TheRookGryphon @UniverseStar @UrUsual @VanillaSpicedIce @Vickypedia @Wintaclu @Wintersphoenix @wintrecat @Wonderling @Wufflesnuff @ZippoFeuer @ZoranaDragon
ZqzSvdM.pngtp1Axxm.pngISNOTMS.png
I also wanted to add: As excited as I am for this new pinglist functionality, I'm a little at a loss for how to handle the Teams system from this point onward. I can't just leave a pinglist widget for each team up in the thread, because people could then join a team they're not a part of. Maybe I could let people request to be put on a team after they've joined any pinglist, and then I PM them a link to their respective team's widget? But that would only solve the problem for newcomers. I physically can't PM everyone that's already in a team their widget link. Maybe I just gotta do smth trust-system style? Idk. I'm open to ideas on that.
I also wanted to add: As excited as I am for this new pinglist functionality, I'm a little at a loss for how to handle the Teams system from this point onward. I can't just leave a pinglist widget for each team up in the thread, because people could then join a team they're not a part of. Maybe I could let people request to be put on a team after they've joined any pinglist, and then I PM them a link to their respective team's widget? But that would only solve the problem for newcomers. I physically can't PM everyone that's already in a team their widget link. Maybe I just gotta do smth trust-system style? Idk. I'm open to ideas on that.
Oh man, nearly in the final stretch :0 I remember way back when you first started this journey, it's hard to believe there's just two primals left to hatch
Oh man, nearly in the final stretch :0 I remember way back when you first started this journey, it's hard to believe there's just two primals left to hatch
Psst. Hey. Wanna buy some accents?
The switch from a daily pinglist to something more dedicated is a good idea! As someone who has also run a daily update thing across a number of years, I found that switching to weekly/monthly really did wonders for my continuance of it. I'd been working on it for about 5 years (sprite/downtime familiar price records), and I didn't want to drop it when I put so much into it, but the daily grind can really get to you after a time. Focusing updating on times that are truly exciting (e.g. when a primal or special eye hatches, for example- for me I pinned my updates to final festival days to give my friends who follow it a nice last-day-grinding headsup) helps to focus your energy on the moments of the journey that you care about- the progress!

@Rhodochrom For the teams, I think a good way to do it would be to continue to maintain the teams privately and not tie them to subscription lists, and have new followers post asking to be added to a team. That way there's no worry over team switching, teams can continue to be roughly the same sizes without biased joining, and those who don't feel the need to be pinged when their team gains a primal don't have to, too!
The switch from a daily pinglist to something more dedicated is a good idea! As someone who has also run a daily update thing across a number of years, I found that switching to weekly/monthly really did wonders for my continuance of it. I'd been working on it for about 5 years (sprite/downtime familiar price records), and I didn't want to drop it when I put so much into it, but the daily grind can really get to you after a time. Focusing updating on times that are truly exciting (e.g. when a primal or special eye hatches, for example- for me I pinned my updates to final festival days to give my friends who follow it a nice last-day-grinding headsup) helps to focus your energy on the moments of the journey that you care about- the progress!

@Rhodochrom For the teams, I think a good way to do it would be to continue to maintain the teams privately and not tie them to subscription lists, and have new followers post asking to be added to a team. That way there's no worry over team switching, teams can continue to be roughly the same sizes without biased joining, and those who don't feel the need to be pinged when their team gains a primal don't have to, too!
eZCszQ2.png1GLQpTC.pngV4alZnn.png
[quote name="@Gathouria" date="2023-10-28 22:36:07" ] For the teams, I think a good way to do it would be to continue to maintain the teams privately and not tie them to subscription lists, and have new followers post asking to be added to a team. That way there's no worry over team switching, teams can continue to be roughly the same sizes without biased joining, and those who don't feel the need to be pinged when their team gains a primal don't have to, too! [/quote] That would probably be the best way to do it, it wouldn't be too much of a deviation from what I was doing before, anyway. Thanks for the input!
@Gathouria wrote on 2023-10-28 22:36:07:
For the teams, I think a good way to do it would be to continue to maintain the teams privately and not tie them to subscription lists, and have new followers post asking to be added to a team. That way there's no worry over team switching, teams can continue to be roughly the same sizes without biased joining, and those who don't feel the need to be pinged when their team gains a primal don't have to, too!

That would probably be the best way to do it, it wouldn't be too much of a deviation from what I was doing before, anyway. Thanks for the input!
[emoji=crescent moon 2 size=1] [b]Interesting Hatch:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=90798433] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/907985/90798433_350.png[/img] [/url] A little late to posting but we got a faceted! @8ooks @9Volt @24Finns @Aetherskyes @Archerfish @Axqu @Cleasia @CleverTrick @COparade @DetectivePopcorn @DragonClawz @Dytileea @epicjuice @Everburn @Eversnow @FableSky @Festivoog @FireflyFields @FoggyDownpour @Fulminare @Funfun11 @Galatheid @gamingcookie @Garvin @GraceShelby1031 @grayscalee @hashrapmodus413 @Havic @icepools @Ilyriss @IndigoCat @Inkwyrm @Jaspernoir @Koyako @KryptikKreature @kyaveus @Lednik @Levona @Luxia @madameprez @MeKat @mellify @Milohilay @minervamaga @missaliceblue @mothxhours @Nature3468 @Noddddd @nychthemeron @Panther202 @pastprologue @Peachycupcake525 @Polyhymnia @Pumpkinheart @Rainbeetle @rarewareofficial @Riyoke @Rosesinger @Screenmaster @septarianflare @shapeshiftr @SimplyNashie @Skittyfairy @SmrTim @Snivkins @soulykins @SteampunkLlama @StolassPrince @Sunlace @Swissy @Tamarin21 @TheDeathseer @Tufira @UrUsual @winterchant @Wufflesnuff @Xayxayx @xylems @ZoranaDragon @pinglist-5236 | Faceted only pinglist: @Quackles @NightGaze @DragonPetra @pinglist-5239
Interesting Hatch:

90798433_350.png

A little late to posting but we got a faceted!
@8ooks @9Volt @24Finns @Aetherskyes @Archerfish @Axqu @Cleasia @CleverTrick @COparade @DetectivePopcorn @DragonClawz @Dytileea @epicjuice @Everburn @Eversnow @FableSky @Festivoog @FireflyFields @FoggyDownpour @Fulminare @Funfun11 @Galatheid @gamingcookie @Garvin @GraceShelby1031 @grayscalee @hashrapmodus413 @Havic @icepools @Ilyriss @IndigoCat @Inkwyrm @Jaspernoir @Koyako @KryptikKreature @kyaveus @Lednik @Levona @Luxia @madameprez @MeKat @mellify @Milohilay @minervamaga @missaliceblue @mothxhours @Nature3468 @Noddddd @nychthemeron @Panther202 @pastprologue @Peachycupcake525 @Polyhymnia @Pumpkinheart @Rainbeetle @rarewareofficial @Riyoke @Rosesinger @Screenmaster @septarianflare @shapeshiftr @SimplyNashie @Skittyfairy @SmrTim @Snivkins @soulykins @SteampunkLlama @StolassPrince @Sunlace @Swissy @Tamarin21 @TheDeathseer @Tufira @UrUsual @winterchant @Wufflesnuff @Xayxayx @xylems @ZoranaDragon

@Special Eye Hatch (Non-Primal) ATWI11P

| Faceted only pinglist: @Quackles @NightGaze @DragonPetra @Faceted Only ATWI11P
----- [b]Interesting Hatch:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=92330978] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/923310/92330978_350.png[/img] [/url] We got a Faceted! @8ooks @9Volt @24Finns @Aetherskyes @Archerfish @Axqu @Cleasia @CleverTrick @COparade @DetectivePopcorn @DragonClawz @Dytileea @epicjuice @Everburn @Eversnow @FableSky @Festivoog @FireflyFields @FoggyDownpour @Fulminare @Funfun11 @Galatheid @gamingcookie @Garvin @GraceShelby1031 @grayscalee @hashrapmodus413 @Havic @icepools @Ilyriss @IndigoCat @Inkwyrm @Jaspernoir @Koyako @KryptikKreature @kyaveus @Lednik @Levona @Luxia @madameprez @MeKat @mellify @Milohilay @minervamaga @missaliceblue @mothxhours @Nature3468 @Noddddd @nychthemeron @Panther202 @pastprologue @Peachycupcake525 @Polyhymnia @Pumpkinheart @Rainbeetle @rarewareofficial @Riyoke @Rosesinger @Screenmaster @septarianflare @shapeshiftr @SimplyNashie @Skittyfairy @SmrTim @Snivkins @soulykins @SteampunkLlama @StolassPrince @Sunlace @Swissy @Tamarin21 @TheDeathseer @Tufira @UrUsual @winterchant @Wufflesnuff @Xayxayx @xylems @ZoranaDragon| Faceted only pinglist: @Quackles @NightGaze @DragonPetra @pinglist-5239 @pinglist-5236

Interesting Hatch:

92330978_350.png

We got a Faceted!
@8ooks @9Volt @24Finns @Aetherskyes @Archerfish @Axqu @Cleasia @CleverTrick @COparade @DetectivePopcorn @DragonClawz @Dytileea @epicjuice @Everburn @Eversnow @FableSky @Festivoog @FireflyFields @FoggyDownpour @Fulminare @Funfun11 @Galatheid @gamingcookie @Garvin @GraceShelby1031 @grayscalee @hashrapmodus413 @Havic @icepools @Ilyriss @IndigoCat @Inkwyrm @Jaspernoir @Koyako @KryptikKreature @kyaveus @Lednik @Levona @Luxia @madameprez @MeKat @mellify @Milohilay @minervamaga @missaliceblue @mothxhours @Nature3468 @Noddddd @nychthemeron @Panther202 @pastprologue @Peachycupcake525 @Polyhymnia @Pumpkinheart @Rainbeetle @rarewareofficial @Riyoke @Rosesinger @Screenmaster @septarianflare @shapeshiftr @SimplyNashie @Skittyfairy @SmrTim @Snivkins @soulykins @SteampunkLlama @StolassPrince @Sunlace @Swissy @Tamarin21 @TheDeathseer @Tufira @UrUsual @winterchant @Wufflesnuff @Xayxayx @xylems @ZoranaDragon| Faceted only pinglist: @Quackles @NightGaze @DragonPetra @Faceted Only ATWI11P

@Special Eye Hatch (Non-Primal) ATWI11P
I can delete this post if needed, but I picked up the facet-eyed Poppo a year ago and would like to find him a new home without exalting him. Do you want him back or does anyone on the facet-eyed pinglist want him? [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/79780258][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/797803/79780258_350.png[/img][/url]
I can delete this post if needed, but I picked up the facet-eyed Poppo a year ago and would like to find him a new home without exalting him. Do you want him back or does anyone on the facet-eyed pinglist want him?

79780258_350.png
dcf703ab-9a42-11ea-8cb1-bf4ff3e8f19c.gif Follow my Triple Basic to Rare Challenge! dcf703ab-9a42-11ea-8cb1-bf4ff3e8f19c.gif
@Festivoog if you don't want to auction him yourself, I can buy him off you and resell him for you! Though I can't guarantee he won't be exalted after he's left my lair.
@Festivoog if you don't want to auction him yourself, I can buy him off you and resell him for you! Though I can't guarantee he won't be exalted after he's left my lair.
@Rhodochrom Sounds good! I'll send him in a CR!
@Rhodochrom Sounds good! I'll send him in a CR!
dcf703ab-9a42-11ea-8cb1-bf4ff3e8f19c.gif Follow my Triple Basic to Rare Challenge! dcf703ab-9a42-11ea-8cb1-bf4ff3e8f19c.gif
1 2 ... 212 213 214 215 216 217 218