Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [P] The Fool's Deck
1 2
[center][i]How long did I rest in that egg? How long did I sleep? Through the birth of a world. The rise and fall of civilizations. And yet, it was mere seconds, wasn’t it? Time is such a silly thing. The important thing is that I’m awake now, and my mission can begin. No one was tending the nests when I hatched. My body is frail and my scales are soft, but my nose is sharp, and I found the food sources easily. Vepar filled my belly with microscopic eggs before father sent me off, and I vomited them into the pile. Already, I’ve witnessed the effects of her parasites at work on these dragons, so much larger than me. They’re ravenous. They should deplete their food soon. The prions will worm their way into the brains of these creatures and drive them to fight as they waste away. Soon, the tainted food will be gone, the lair will be empty, I will be grown, and my stage will be set. I must construct the altar.[/i] [img]https://i.imgur.com/hcI0FiT.png[/img] [b]Book One ::: Facere Magicae[/b][/center] Hi! I'm Ars. This is my personal highly... highly modified Nuzlocke challenge! I've been on this site for ages, and I've tried this once before, but fell off of it pretty quickly. Depression sucks loads. But I'm decently medicated again, and I'd like to give it another go. I'm in the process of revamping my rules while I set up this account to be ready for the story I want to tell. The following things need to be completed before I can begin the challenge. It'll take a bit, but I want to get my thread set up while I wait, because I'm pretty excited! [indent][x] All Food At 0 [ ] All Auctions Sold [x] All but One Dragon Exalted [x] All Nests Unlocked [x] Name the Progenitor [x] Max All Gathering Levels[/indent] I currently have just an obscene amount of food points, so that part's going to take a while. In the mean time, I'll be leveling and exalting dragons constantly to build up Vault Treasure for geneing dragons when they hit the appropriate levels. There were several ongoing challenges I took inspiration from when creating my ruleset way back when. I'd like to give credit to them here, though I doubt any of them are still going. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1320615]Cerastes' Midnight Sun[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1696083]Kiwipen's Dragonfell[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1656016]tssarn's Shishu Clan[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1633079]Aravis' Beyond the Horizon[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1407408]Mashiara's Darkest Before the Dawn[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1407127]Tiirran's Three Founder's Clan[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1659446/5]Llealynarisia's Long Live The Queen[/url] There are also several more modern rule sets I will likely be taking inspiration from. Thus far, I'm considering borrowing rules from these: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/1904162]Pinkerton's Plundered Nuzlocke[/url]
How long did I rest in that egg? How long did I sleep? Through the birth of a world. The rise and fall of civilizations. And yet, it was mere seconds, wasn’t it? Time is such a silly thing. The important thing is that I’m awake now, and my mission can begin.

No one was tending the nests when I hatched. My body is frail and my scales are soft, but my nose is sharp, and I found the food sources easily. Vepar filled my belly with microscopic eggs before father sent me off, and I vomited them into the pile. Already, I’ve witnessed the effects of her parasites at work on these dragons, so much larger than me. They’re ravenous. They should deplete their food soon. The prions will worm their way into the brains of these creatures and drive them to fight as they waste away. Soon, the tainted food will be gone, the lair will be empty, I will be grown, and my stage will be set.

I must construct the altar.

hcI0FiT.png

Book One ::: Facere Magicae

Hi! I'm Ars. This is my personal highly... highly modified Nuzlocke challenge! I've been on this site for ages, and I've tried this once before, but fell off of it pretty quickly. Depression sucks loads. But I'm decently medicated again, and I'd like to give it another go. I'm in the process of revamping my rules while I set up this account to be ready for the story I want to tell. The following things need to be completed before I can begin the challenge. It'll take a bit, but I want to get my thread set up while I wait, because I'm pretty excited!

[x] All Food At 0
[ ] All Auctions Sold
[x] All but One Dragon Exalted
[x] All Nests Unlocked
[x] Name the Progenitor
[x] Max All Gathering Levels

I currently have just an obscene amount of food points, so that part's going to take a while. In the mean time, I'll be leveling and exalting dragons constantly to build up Vault Treasure for geneing dragons when they hit the appropriate levels.

There were several ongoing challenges I took inspiration from when creating my ruleset way back when. I'd like to give credit to them here, though I doubt any of them are still going.

Cerastes' Midnight Sun
Kiwipen's Dragonfell
tssarn's Shishu Clan
Aravis' Beyond the Horizon
Mashiara's Darkest Before the Dawn
Tiirran's Three Founder's Clan
Llealynarisia's Long Live The Queen

There are also several more modern rule sets I will likely be taking inspiration from. Thus far, I'm considering borrowing rules from these:

Pinkerton's Plundered Nuzlocke
3AMR8ax.gif
Rules
Items and Acquisitions
1. The Auction House may only be used once a merchant has achieved the level necessary to use it, and only as specified under the merchant guidelines.
2. To purchase a dragon or egg in any capacity, a lvl 25 dragon must quit their profession and enter the slave trade (see: Slaver Profession)
3. All food must be freshly caught or foraged. The clan may not, at any point, have more than 25 extra food points in any given category.
4. Any openable container is immediately added to the Treasury and may not be opened.
5. Eggs (save ones bought with Hoard Treasure) must be hatched as soon as possible.
6. The Trading Post and Market Place are both accessible.
a. Baldwin’s Bubbling Brew may only be used once an alchemist is obtained and only as outlined by the Alchemist profession.
b. Pinkerton is free to use. He wants to get rid of his sisters stuff and we need the stuff.

Obtaining Dragons
1. Non-Vessel dragons must be bred in our nests, hatched from found eggs, or joined into the clan via role play.
2. In the event that we dip below three total dragons, an egg may be purchased with hoard treasure.
3. Dragons may only breed with dragons it would be reasonable for them to breed with. A fae and an imperial may be lovers, but they cannot produce offspring.
Fae, Spiral, Skydancer, Nocturne, Bogsneak
Skydancer, Tundra
Tundra, Wildclaw, Mirror, Coatl, Pearlcatcher
Pearlcatcher, Snapper
Snapper, Guardian, Ridgeback, Imperial
4. Found dragons may only be breed changed when they hatch, under the assumption that they hatched as that species. Scrolls may only be used if the RNG deems it alright.
Fae, Guardian, Mirror, Tundra: 60%
Pearlcatcher, Ridgeback, Spiral, Snapper: 25%
Skydancer, Bogsneak: 10%
Wildclaw, Coatl, Nocturne: 5%
5. For each dragon born to the clan, a coin is flipped.
a. If the dragon was born in a nest, an outcome of tails means the hatchling is stillborn, incompatible with the energy poured into the eggs to insure the dragon’s loyalty. It’s immediate exaltation represents it’s death.
For an abandoned egg, the extra time in the egg insures it will hatch, even though the lack of a proper nest is likely to have caused damage to the developing dragon. b. A flip of tails means that they’re sickly and will never be as strong as other dragons. Another coin must then be flipped. If tails, the dragon is sent to a new clan, as they’re deemed too weak to survive in the wastes. If heads, they continue on with the clan, but can only use magic to defend themselves.

Obtaining Vessel Dragons
What is a Vessel Dragon?
A Vessel is a dragon bred to a specific aesthetic for an attempt on the altar to bring a demon into the world. Each dragon’s appearance is specific to the demon being summoned.
1. Nests may be commissioned to get the correct eyes.
2. Slavers must be employed to obtain the correct breeding fodder.
3. Vessels MUST be bred by dragons obtained by the slavers. The correct ritual has to be performed over them as eggs to make them compatible, and a dragon born without the ritual will be useless, no matter it’s aesthetic compatibility.
4. For a Vessel to be considered ready, it must be level 25 and fully gened.
5. Vessels must be gened by the clan’s treasure cache.

Filling Vessels
1. The Altar must be complete before summoning can occur.
2. Each summoning attempt requires an offering and a release of energy.
a. The offering consists of 10 Aether Cherries, 10 Charged Duneberries, 1 Red Delicious Apple, 5 Jade Peacocks, and 5 Rams.
b. The release of energy requires the sacrifice of 100 dragons, and one of each elemental egg must be smashed with its corresponding rune (these are stored in the hoard afterwards)
3Demons are vain. If they find a Vessel to be unworthy of them, The Lord in the Dark may reject the summoning. The Vessel dies in the process, a new one must be bred, and the summoning must be repeated once the new Vessel is prepared. The likelihood of this happening is dependant on the rank of the demon being summoned. If a demon holds multiple ranks, it goes by the highest. The chances of rejection are as follows:
Lucifer: 1/2
Kings: 1/5
Princes: 1/8
Duke: 1/10
Marquise: 1/15
Earl: 1/20
Viscount: 1/25
Baron: 1/50
President: 0

Lore
1. Guardians must leave after two months of life to find their charge. A Guardian who enters the clan as an adult has a 20% chance to find their charge within or close enough to the clan, unless they are older than two months old. If they are older than two months, they come with a charge.
2. Filled Vessels cannot be killed, and cripplings heal over time.
3. Non-Vessel Dragons are named for something related to their clan:
Plague - Names of diseases and disorders
Earth - Stones, metals, and minerals
Wind - Types of clouds, weather
Water - Aquatic life
Lightning - References to mechanics and technology
Ice - Moons and dinosaurs
Shadow - Names of or pertaining to mushrooms and fungus, usually scientific
Light - Names of angels
Arcane - Letters from various languages,
Nature - Flora or fauna, depending on primary food type.
Fire - Stars and emotions
4. When a dragon joins the clan, three random character traits will be generated for them. Their character is based off these traits.
5. When a dragon joins the clan, they will be randomly sorted into one of the clans suits. This dictates their primary job in the clan.
Pentacles - These dragons primary job is to bring money into the clan. They deal in commerce and are often ambassadors to other flights. Working relationship with wands.
Swords - These dragons primary job is to protect the clan.
Wands - These dragons are the teachers of the clan. Their primary job is to gather knowledge and pass it on to the others of the clan. Working relationship with pentacles.
Cups - These dragons rear the young and provide counsel and comfort to the other dragons. They are often the healers and magicians.
6. Arcana Major: Naniel holds the rank of The Fool permanently, but the rest of the Arcana Major consists of volunteer positions. The Arcana Major (Naniel being the exception) consists of Non-Vessel dragons who wish to help with the organization of the clan. When someone wants to join, the rest of the filled positions vote (RNG deciding, 1 being yes, 2 being no, and 3 being reroll for that dragon.) If the vote is successful, the hopeful joins.
7. Upon reaching lvl 25, a Non-Vessel Dragon gains the approval of their deity. This unlocks the ability to give offerings in exchange for the chance of a boon. The boon has a 50/50 shot of being granted, and may be claimed once a week, per dragon. The offering may either be 100k treasure (for pentacles), a stack of 99 food (for cups), a familiar sacrifice (for swords), or 25 of the flight currency corresponding with the deity (for wands). When an offering is made, it will be sent to a random person that’s commented in the thread. Boons often grant exceptions or alterations to other rules.
Plague - The Plaguemother sees your gift and grants your body the strength to work through the pain. Even though you’ve been injured, you can fight in the coliseum as if you weren’t for a day.
Earth - The Earthshaker grants your body the solidity of stone. The next time you’re downed in combat, you’re able to steel through and avoid the worst of the injury. Healing time is cut by 3/4ths.
Wind - The Windsinger’s gale assures you that your offering was accepted. Within the next few days, a new friend joins your clan, one your destined to be friends with. (buy a dragon off the AH)
Water - The Tidelord answers your call with a vision in the night, showing you the location of an egg, lying abandoned. The vision showed a healthy hatchling, and so you will have. (purchase an egg from the AH. Skip the coin toss.)
Lightning - The Stormcatcher’s voice may just be a grumble in the distance, but it is comforting. The gatherers seem to be particularly productive after you hear it. (Each dragon is capable of two gathering turns each for the day)
Ice - While The Icewarden gives you no affirmation, his boon comes anyways, in the form of an impossible find while digging. (use at least one gathering turn on digging, then purchase a retired elemental chest from the AH)
Shadow - The Shadowbinder’s boons seem to be a spin of the wheel. Your prayer may be answered; it may not. If it is, expect to find something interesting tucked in a dark corner.
(Thing Picker: Nothing, Nothing, Nothing, Nothing, Nothing, Nothing, Nothing, Nothing, Nothing, Breed Change, Primary Gene, Secondary Gene, Tertiary Gene, Shadow Rune, Shadow Rune, Shadow Rune, Shadow Egg, Nocturne Egg, Mimic Familiar, Skin, Accent, Hatchling, Hatchling, Hatchling, Hatchling)
Light - The Lightweaver sees the truth in all dragons and brings it outward for one of your clan. (gene a dragon early)
Arcane - Your offering has drawn the attention of the ever-mysterious Arcanist, shown by the fact that one of your clan has woken up with a completely different colour scheme. (allows for the purchase of a scatterscroll. most likely to effect the dragon who did the offering. 10% chance to let you pick)
Nature - The Gladekeeper guides something in need of care to the dragon that has enough to share. (purchase either an egg, a hatchling, or a familiar. If there are any Guardians in the flight that need to go on their Search still, they may now stay with the new creature as their charge.)
Fire - The Flameforger accepts your offering, but notices that a clan mate isn’t burning as brightly as they could be. Everything falls into place for a dragon in the clan, and they find themselves adopted into a new suit.

Combat
1. If a dragon is downed in combat, generate a number between 1 and 25. If the number generated is equal to or less than the dragon’s level when they fell, they survive, but must rest for as many days as the number generated and may not participate in any activities
a. If the blow was critical, subtract 2 from the actual level and try and hit below that number. If they were level one, they die instantly.
b. If the blow was a one-hit kill, a vital spot was hit, and the dragon died quickly, regardless of level.
c. If the dragon is wearing armour, every piece will subtract from the max roll number depending on the type. (Armor Values)
2. The coliseum may not be refreshed unless it locks up. Win, flee, or die.
3. Upon reaching lvl 25, a dragon can no longer die in combat. Their skill combined with the favour of their deity has assured that they have ways to power through nearly anything. When downed, they still roll and suffer the injury time, but they will not leave the clan unless sacrificed to fill a vessel.
a. If, when downed, they roll a 25, roll a d100. Anything above a 90 leaves the dragon permanently crippled, and they can no longer fight in the coliseum at all, but they do not die.

Genes
1. Dragons will be gened as they level. They will earn a primary at level 10, a secondary at level 17, and either a skin, accent, or tertiary at level 25.
2. Scatterscrolls cannot be purchased or used by my own will. The only way a dragon will be scattered is if a scroll is donated by someone. The donator gets to choose the Non-Vessel, Non-Breeder Dragon to scatter, and the scattering will be worked into the story.

Gathering
1. Each dragon, at level 10, gets a gathering specialty.
2. To be able to gather in an area, you have to have a dragon of that flight and gathering specialty, the logic being that both natural affinity for the land and specialization in that type of gathering is the only way you’d have much success.
3. In addition, that dragon only has the energy for one gathering turn a day.
4. To cover for travel time and dangers, grind the coliseum with the dragon who will be gathering in the area. Number of matches is dictated by the proximity to the Scarred Wastes.
0 Rounds: The Scarred Wasteland (Plague)
5 Rounds: The Sea of a Thousand Currents (Water), The Tangled Wood (Shadow), Dragonhome (Earth), Starfall Isles (Arcane), The Windswept Plateau (Wind)
10 Rounds: The Viridian Labyrinth (Nature), Sunbeam Ruins (Light), The Shifting Expanse (Lightning), The Ashfall Waste (Fire), The Southern Icefield (Ice)
5. Other gathering turns may be used, but anything obtained has to be sold for Vault money or placed in the vault for use when the challenge ends.

Familliars
1. For a dragon to obtain a familiar, it has to choose to join them in the coliseum. A d100 is rolled, and only a roll of one will let the familiar bond with a particular dragon. The d100 is rolled for every dragon fighting that doesn’t have a familiar at the present time.
2. If a dragon with a familiar leaves the clan, the familiar is to be sold on the auction house for Vault money.

Vault Money
Kudos to tsaarn for solving a problem I was trying to work through in their own challenge with this concept.
1. The money gained from exalted or sold dragons will go in the vault, as will any other money that the clan wouldn’t have earned in story.
2. Money in the vault will be used to purchase breed change scrolls for unhatched eggs, genes, items from deity boons, and any other purchase that would not be actually purchased by the clan.
3. Money earned by the clan stays in the hoard. The hoard money is used to make purchases the clan would make, such as extra food and apparel purchases.
4. Lair expansions can be bought by either, but they have to be bought completely with one. If, in the story, the clan needs materials to expand, they may either sacrifice gathered materials or buy them with hoard money.

Meta
1. If the parameters for one of my end-game goals is expanded on the site, it’s expanded in my rules. For example, if lair expansions are extended to 200, I must unlock 200 spaces

Dragon Skills
Every completed action that earns experience for something counts for one dragon. If it’s an action completed in the coliseum, the dragon has to have done it themselves. The exception is completed rounds in the coli - that counts for every dragon that survived the round.

Level progression:
1 - 10
2 - 22
3 - 34
4 - 51
5 - 71
6 - 95
7 -124
8 -159
xxxxxxxx 9 - 201
10 - 251
11 - 311
12 - 383
13 - 450
14 - 554
15 - 679

Merchants
Gaining EXP: Interact with Pinkerton or Krim. Each interaction = 1 EXP.
Sell something from the hoard = 1/10th of Treasure earned EXP
Sell something on the AH = 1/10th of Treasure earned EXP

Perks:
Level 2: Hoard Hawker You’re getting the basics of being a merchant. You can now sell 5 stacks from the hoard per day.
Level 5: Stall Vendor You’re pretty sure you can handle the marketplace now. Can buy an item off the market place and sell 10 stacks every day.
Level 7: Almost Auctioneer You’ve figured out the auction house, except you can’t stand if it takes more than three seconds to sell an item, and you KNOW that if you pay more for something, it’s a higher quality. Can sell an item on the Auction House every week at half of the lowest value. Can buy an item off the Auction House at a higher price than lowest.
Level 10: Auctioneer You have no idea why you thought what you used to think. You can buy or sell an item on the Auction House per week, at prices that make sense.
Level 15: Raffle Roulette You’re so damn good at selling things that the random number gods themselves may shine down on you. Can buy three tickets in any raffle at any time.

Alchemists
Gaining EXP: Break down items into components. 1 component = 1 EXP
Item created = xp/10 = EXP

Perks:
Level 2: Part Producer You’ll need these later, you think. Can alchemize other components
Level 5: Alchemical Chef It’s easy AND questionable! Can alchemize food
Level 7: Goo Tailor Love that oozey texture. Can alchemize apparel
Level 10: Small God You should probably ask Baldwin if the results are supposed to move. Can alchemize familiars
Level 13: Paint Job You should really not be smearing caustic goo on your clan mates while they sleep, even if it looks nice. Can alchemize skins/accents and genes
Level 15: Metamorpher Your experimenting has had a marked effect on you.You can now create Bogsneak Scrolls, and the first one you make gets used on you.

Brawler
Gaining EXP: Hit enemies with scratch. 20 hits = 1 EXP.

Perks:
Level 15: Anatomical Mastermind You’ve seen more of a dragon’s anatomy than anyone should. Surely you can figure this out… Allows the dragon to mate with a size range it normally couldn’t.

Mage
Gaining EXP: Hit enemies with concussion. 15 hits = 1 EXP.
Meditate = 1 EXP

Perks:
Level 7: Element Surge You feel particularly in tune with your element. Gain an elemental attack battle stone.
Level 15: Arcanist’s Blessing By the gods! Consume a rune of your flight, a flight you’re weak to, and a flight you’re strong against to cure your injuries.

Slaver
REQUIREMENTS: Level 25
Level 10 Merchant

Gaining EXP: Buy a dragon (1 per Week) = 10 EXP
30 Rounds in the Coli = 1 EXP

Perks:
Level 1: Dragon Dregs You can only prey on the weakest of the weak. Dragons purchased must be over-priced, hungry hatchlings.
Level 5: Full Belly You can now buy hatchlings with some kick to them. The hunger restriction is lifted.
Level 10: Move the Goods You’ve made some good connections now. You can buy dragons on the cheap.
Level 15: Oversized Load You can now buy any dragon on the auction house, even adults.

Legendary Artifacts
Cranial Horn Helm
This helm is said to grant a dragon true immortality so long as it is worn, but such a thing must come at a terrible price. The dragon who wears it can never die, and may always fight in the coliseum, but it’s injuries will never heal.
Gilded Crown
This delicate crown marks the dragon who wears it as a divine ruler. There’s no shortage of dragons who flock to even the harshest of environments to get the slightest of hopes to live under such a ruler. One dragon a day joins the clan (cheapest on the AH)
Cloudy Wings
Talismans made from living cloud that give off a sweet-smelling vapour that heals grievous wounds as soon as it comes into contact with them. The dragon wearing them cannot be wounded.
Scroll Case Sling
It’s said there’s a case that contains an infinite and random assortment of scrolls, but that’s ridiculous. Vessel Dragons may now be gened by hoard treasure.
Cog Frog
An early and rudimentary golem that’s quality of mind has yet to be attained in any of the newer ones. The survivors have intimate knowledge of the Golem Workshop. The dragon it bonds with and any accompanying dragons cannot be killed in the golem workshop. Waive death rules.
Golden Idol
The ultimate in good luck draws, this sentient golden statue is said to bring incredible wealth to any who possess it. Add 5,000 t from the hoard to the clan cache each day.
Skycat
While not rare in numbers, these cats hardly ever bond with a dragon. When they do, the bond is purer than any other a dragon can experience, and it’s said that taking the journey from wary to awakened can heal a dragon of all ills. Bonding chance is 1/500, rolled for each dragon in sequence, but when awakened will heal any injuries or disabilities, even inborn ones.
Bone Fiend
This small, elusive familiar is said to hold the secrets to reanimation and whisper them to dragons that earn their favour. If bonded with a dragon, that dragon can reanimate up to two dying dragons as minions. These dragons only die when their animator is killed.
Boolean
While it can only answer yes or no questions, it can answer any and all yes or no questions and will, if a dragon takes the time to learn the wasps language. If awakened by a dragon, that dragon becomes a seer. The seer no longer battles, but becomes a very important character.
Light Sprite
This tiny beacon of light is exceedingly shy, but brings good health to any clan that keeps it happy. If awakened by a dragon, halves the heal time of any injured dragon and adds a ½ death save to any dying dragon.

Participation Opportunities and Pinglist
There will be opportunity aplenty to participate and alter or benefit from the stories path. Role play is always welcome, and may be instigated through dragon post or right in the thread. If you’re not much for role play, but would still like to change the progression of the story in some way, you’re welcome to send items, dragons, or anything else you can think of with whatever level of detailing you’d like. As it’s my story, I ultimately get final say, but if a certain item is to be found or used on a certain dragon, that will always be honoured. The exception for this is genes and Vessel Dragons/Awakened Dragons. Naniel is free game, but the others are not.

If you’re not much one for changing the story and just want to read along, that’s fine too! I recommend leaving a comment, though, as everyone who interacts in some way is put on the list to receive the boon payments. To be eligible for a boon, a dragon has to reach lvl 25, so it’ll be a bit before any offerings are made, but anyone who comments or roleplays or gifts or critiques or anything at all will be put on the list below to be ran through the randomizer and picked to receive the payment.
Rules
Items and Acquisitions
1. The Auction House may only be used once a merchant has achieved the level necessary to use it, and only as specified under the merchant guidelines.
2. To purchase a dragon or egg in any capacity, a lvl 25 dragon must quit their profession and enter the slave trade (see: Slaver Profession)
3. All food must be freshly caught or foraged. The clan may not, at any point, have more than 25 extra food points in any given category.
4. Any openable container is immediately added to the Treasury and may not be opened.
5. Eggs (save ones bought with Hoard Treasure) must be hatched as soon as possible.
6. The Trading Post and Market Place are both accessible.
a. Baldwin’s Bubbling Brew may only be used once an alchemist is obtained and only as outlined by the Alchemist profession.
b. Pinkerton is free to use. He wants to get rid of his sisters stuff and we need the stuff.

Obtaining Dragons
1. Non-Vessel dragons must be bred in our nests, hatched from found eggs, or joined into the clan via role play.
2. In the event that we dip below three total dragons, an egg may be purchased with hoard treasure.
3. Dragons may only breed with dragons it would be reasonable for them to breed with. A fae and an imperial may be lovers, but they cannot produce offspring.
Fae, Spiral, Skydancer, Nocturne, Bogsneak
Skydancer, Tundra
Tundra, Wildclaw, Mirror, Coatl, Pearlcatcher
Pearlcatcher, Snapper
Snapper, Guardian, Ridgeback, Imperial
4. Found dragons may only be breed changed when they hatch, under the assumption that they hatched as that species. Scrolls may only be used if the RNG deems it alright.
Fae, Guardian, Mirror, Tundra: 60%
Pearlcatcher, Ridgeback, Spiral, Snapper: 25%
Skydancer, Bogsneak: 10%
Wildclaw, Coatl, Nocturne: 5%
5. For each dragon born to the clan, a coin is flipped.
a. If the dragon was born in a nest, an outcome of tails means the hatchling is stillborn, incompatible with the energy poured into the eggs to insure the dragon’s loyalty. It’s immediate exaltation represents it’s death.
For an abandoned egg, the extra time in the egg insures it will hatch, even though the lack of a proper nest is likely to have caused damage to the developing dragon. b. A flip of tails means that they’re sickly and will never be as strong as other dragons. Another coin must then be flipped. If tails, the dragon is sent to a new clan, as they’re deemed too weak to survive in the wastes. If heads, they continue on with the clan, but can only use magic to defend themselves.

Obtaining Vessel Dragons
What is a Vessel Dragon?
A Vessel is a dragon bred to a specific aesthetic for an attempt on the altar to bring a demon into the world. Each dragon’s appearance is specific to the demon being summoned.
1. Nests may be commissioned to get the correct eyes.
2. Slavers must be employed to obtain the correct breeding fodder.
3. Vessels MUST be bred by dragons obtained by the slavers. The correct ritual has to be performed over them as eggs to make them compatible, and a dragon born without the ritual will be useless, no matter it’s aesthetic compatibility.
4. For a Vessel to be considered ready, it must be level 25 and fully gened.
5. Vessels must be gened by the clan’s treasure cache.

Filling Vessels
1. The Altar must be complete before summoning can occur.
2. Each summoning attempt requires an offering and a release of energy.
a. The offering consists of 10 Aether Cherries, 10 Charged Duneberries, 1 Red Delicious Apple, 5 Jade Peacocks, and 5 Rams.
b. The release of energy requires the sacrifice of 100 dragons, and one of each elemental egg must be smashed with its corresponding rune (these are stored in the hoard afterwards)
3Demons are vain. If they find a Vessel to be unworthy of them, The Lord in the Dark may reject the summoning. The Vessel dies in the process, a new one must be bred, and the summoning must be repeated once the new Vessel is prepared. The likelihood of this happening is dependant on the rank of the demon being summoned. If a demon holds multiple ranks, it goes by the highest. The chances of rejection are as follows:
Lucifer: 1/2
Kings: 1/5
Princes: 1/8
Duke: 1/10
Marquise: 1/15
Earl: 1/20
Viscount: 1/25
Baron: 1/50
President: 0

Lore
1. Guardians must leave after two months of life to find their charge. A Guardian who enters the clan as an adult has a 20% chance to find their charge within or close enough to the clan, unless they are older than two months old. If they are older than two months, they come with a charge.
2. Filled Vessels cannot be killed, and cripplings heal over time.
3. Non-Vessel Dragons are named for something related to their clan:
Plague - Names of diseases and disorders
Earth - Stones, metals, and minerals
Wind - Types of clouds, weather
Water - Aquatic life
Lightning - References to mechanics and technology
Ice - Moons and dinosaurs
Shadow - Names of or pertaining to mushrooms and fungus, usually scientific
Light - Names of angels
Arcane - Letters from various languages,
Nature - Flora or fauna, depending on primary food type.
Fire - Stars and emotions
4. When a dragon joins the clan, three random character traits will be generated for them. Their character is based off these traits.
5. When a dragon joins the clan, they will be randomly sorted into one of the clans suits. This dictates their primary job in the clan.
Pentacles - These dragons primary job is to bring money into the clan. They deal in commerce and are often ambassadors to other flights. Working relationship with wands.
Swords - These dragons primary job is to protect the clan.
Wands - These dragons are the teachers of the clan. Their primary job is to gather knowledge and pass it on to the others of the clan. Working relationship with pentacles.
Cups - These dragons rear the young and provide counsel and comfort to the other dragons. They are often the healers and magicians.
6. Arcana Major: Naniel holds the rank of The Fool permanently, but the rest of the Arcana Major consists of volunteer positions. The Arcana Major (Naniel being the exception) consists of Non-Vessel dragons who wish to help with the organization of the clan. When someone wants to join, the rest of the filled positions vote (RNG deciding, 1 being yes, 2 being no, and 3 being reroll for that dragon.) If the vote is successful, the hopeful joins.
7. Upon reaching lvl 25, a Non-Vessel Dragon gains the approval of their deity. This unlocks the ability to give offerings in exchange for the chance of a boon. The boon has a 50/50 shot of being granted, and may be claimed once a week, per dragon. The offering may either be 100k treasure (for pentacles), a stack of 99 food (for cups), a familiar sacrifice (for swords), or 25 of the flight currency corresponding with the deity (for wands). When an offering is made, it will be sent to a random person that’s commented in the thread. Boons often grant exceptions or alterations to other rules.
Plague - The Plaguemother sees your gift and grants your body the strength to work through the pain. Even though you’ve been injured, you can fight in the coliseum as if you weren’t for a day.
Earth - The Earthshaker grants your body the solidity of stone. The next time you’re downed in combat, you’re able to steel through and avoid the worst of the injury. Healing time is cut by 3/4ths.
Wind - The Windsinger’s gale assures you that your offering was accepted. Within the next few days, a new friend joins your clan, one your destined to be friends with. (buy a dragon off the AH)
Water - The Tidelord answers your call with a vision in the night, showing you the location of an egg, lying abandoned. The vision showed a healthy hatchling, and so you will have. (purchase an egg from the AH. Skip the coin toss.)
Lightning - The Stormcatcher’s voice may just be a grumble in the distance, but it is comforting. The gatherers seem to be particularly productive after you hear it. (Each dragon is capable of two gathering turns each for the day)
Ice - While The Icewarden gives you no affirmation, his boon comes anyways, in the form of an impossible find while digging. (use at least one gathering turn on digging, then purchase a retired elemental chest from the AH)
Shadow - The Shadowbinder’s boons seem to be a spin of the wheel. Your prayer may be answered; it may not. If it is, expect to find something interesting tucked in a dark corner.
(Thing Picker: Nothing, Nothing, Nothing, Nothing, Nothing, Nothing, Nothing, Nothing, Nothing, Breed Change, Primary Gene, Secondary Gene, Tertiary Gene, Shadow Rune, Shadow Rune, Shadow Rune, Shadow Egg, Nocturne Egg, Mimic Familiar, Skin, Accent, Hatchling, Hatchling, Hatchling, Hatchling)
Light - The Lightweaver sees the truth in all dragons and brings it outward for one of your clan. (gene a dragon early)
Arcane - Your offering has drawn the attention of the ever-mysterious Arcanist, shown by the fact that one of your clan has woken up with a completely different colour scheme. (allows for the purchase of a scatterscroll. most likely to effect the dragon who did the offering. 10% chance to let you pick)
Nature - The Gladekeeper guides something in need of care to the dragon that has enough to share. (purchase either an egg, a hatchling, or a familiar. If there are any Guardians in the flight that need to go on their Search still, they may now stay with the new creature as their charge.)
Fire - The Flameforger accepts your offering, but notices that a clan mate isn’t burning as brightly as they could be. Everything falls into place for a dragon in the clan, and they find themselves adopted into a new suit.

Combat
1. If a dragon is downed in combat, generate a number between 1 and 25. If the number generated is equal to or less than the dragon’s level when they fell, they survive, but must rest for as many days as the number generated and may not participate in any activities
a. If the blow was critical, subtract 2 from the actual level and try and hit below that number. If they were level one, they die instantly.
b. If the blow was a one-hit kill, a vital spot was hit, and the dragon died quickly, regardless of level.
c. If the dragon is wearing armour, every piece will subtract from the max roll number depending on the type. (Armor Values)
2. The coliseum may not be refreshed unless it locks up. Win, flee, or die.
3. Upon reaching lvl 25, a dragon can no longer die in combat. Their skill combined with the favour of their deity has assured that they have ways to power through nearly anything. When downed, they still roll and suffer the injury time, but they will not leave the clan unless sacrificed to fill a vessel.
a. If, when downed, they roll a 25, roll a d100. Anything above a 90 leaves the dragon permanently crippled, and they can no longer fight in the coliseum at all, but they do not die.

Genes
1. Dragons will be gened as they level. They will earn a primary at level 10, a secondary at level 17, and either a skin, accent, or tertiary at level 25.
2. Scatterscrolls cannot be purchased or used by my own will. The only way a dragon will be scattered is if a scroll is donated by someone. The donator gets to choose the Non-Vessel, Non-Breeder Dragon to scatter, and the scattering will be worked into the story.

Gathering
1. Each dragon, at level 10, gets a gathering specialty.
2. To be able to gather in an area, you have to have a dragon of that flight and gathering specialty, the logic being that both natural affinity for the land and specialization in that type of gathering is the only way you’d have much success.
3. In addition, that dragon only has the energy for one gathering turn a day.
4. To cover for travel time and dangers, grind the coliseum with the dragon who will be gathering in the area. Number of matches is dictated by the proximity to the Scarred Wastes.
0 Rounds: The Scarred Wasteland (Plague)
5 Rounds: The Sea of a Thousand Currents (Water), The Tangled Wood (Shadow), Dragonhome (Earth), Starfall Isles (Arcane), The Windswept Plateau (Wind)
10 Rounds: The Viridian Labyrinth (Nature), Sunbeam Ruins (Light), The Shifting Expanse (Lightning), The Ashfall Waste (Fire), The Southern Icefield (Ice)
5. Other gathering turns may be used, but anything obtained has to be sold for Vault money or placed in the vault for use when the challenge ends.

Familliars
1. For a dragon to obtain a familiar, it has to choose to join them in the coliseum. A d100 is rolled, and only a roll of one will let the familiar bond with a particular dragon. The d100 is rolled for every dragon fighting that doesn’t have a familiar at the present time.
2. If a dragon with a familiar leaves the clan, the familiar is to be sold on the auction house for Vault money.

Vault Money
Kudos to tsaarn for solving a problem I was trying to work through in their own challenge with this concept.
1. The money gained from exalted or sold dragons will go in the vault, as will any other money that the clan wouldn’t have earned in story.
2. Money in the vault will be used to purchase breed change scrolls for unhatched eggs, genes, items from deity boons, and any other purchase that would not be actually purchased by the clan.
3. Money earned by the clan stays in the hoard. The hoard money is used to make purchases the clan would make, such as extra food and apparel purchases.
4. Lair expansions can be bought by either, but they have to be bought completely with one. If, in the story, the clan needs materials to expand, they may either sacrifice gathered materials or buy them with hoard money.

Meta
1. If the parameters for one of my end-game goals is expanded on the site, it’s expanded in my rules. For example, if lair expansions are extended to 200, I must unlock 200 spaces

Dragon Skills
Every completed action that earns experience for something counts for one dragon. If it’s an action completed in the coliseum, the dragon has to have done it themselves. The exception is completed rounds in the coli - that counts for every dragon that survived the round.

Level progression:
1 - 10
2 - 22
3 - 34
4 - 51
5 - 71
6 - 95
7 -124
8 -159
xxxxxxxx 9 - 201
10 - 251
11 - 311
12 - 383
13 - 450
14 - 554
15 - 679

Merchants
Gaining EXP: Interact with Pinkerton or Krim. Each interaction = 1 EXP.
Sell something from the hoard = 1/10th of Treasure earned EXP
Sell something on the AH = 1/10th of Treasure earned EXP

Perks:
Level 2: Hoard Hawker You’re getting the basics of being a merchant. You can now sell 5 stacks from the hoard per day.
Level 5: Stall Vendor You’re pretty sure you can handle the marketplace now. Can buy an item off the market place and sell 10 stacks every day.
Level 7: Almost Auctioneer You’ve figured out the auction house, except you can’t stand if it takes more than three seconds to sell an item, and you KNOW that if you pay more for something, it’s a higher quality. Can sell an item on the Auction House every week at half of the lowest value. Can buy an item off the Auction House at a higher price than lowest.
Level 10: Auctioneer You have no idea why you thought what you used to think. You can buy or sell an item on the Auction House per week, at prices that make sense.
Level 15: Raffle Roulette You’re so damn good at selling things that the random number gods themselves may shine down on you. Can buy three tickets in any raffle at any time.

Alchemists
Gaining EXP: Break down items into components. 1 component = 1 EXP
Item created = xp/10 = EXP

Perks:
Level 2: Part Producer You’ll need these later, you think. Can alchemize other components
Level 5: Alchemical Chef It’s easy AND questionable! Can alchemize food
Level 7: Goo Tailor Love that oozey texture. Can alchemize apparel
Level 10: Small God You should probably ask Baldwin if the results are supposed to move. Can alchemize familiars
Level 13: Paint Job You should really not be smearing caustic goo on your clan mates while they sleep, even if it looks nice. Can alchemize skins/accents and genes
Level 15: Metamorpher Your experimenting has had a marked effect on you.You can now create Bogsneak Scrolls, and the first one you make gets used on you.

Brawler
Gaining EXP: Hit enemies with scratch. 20 hits = 1 EXP.

Perks:
Level 15: Anatomical Mastermind You’ve seen more of a dragon’s anatomy than anyone should. Surely you can figure this out… Allows the dragon to mate with a size range it normally couldn’t.

Mage
Gaining EXP: Hit enemies with concussion. 15 hits = 1 EXP.
Meditate = 1 EXP

Perks:
Level 7: Element Surge You feel particularly in tune with your element. Gain an elemental attack battle stone.
Level 15: Arcanist’s Blessing By the gods! Consume a rune of your flight, a flight you’re weak to, and a flight you’re strong against to cure your injuries.

Slaver
REQUIREMENTS: Level 25
Level 10 Merchant

Gaining EXP: Buy a dragon (1 per Week) = 10 EXP
30 Rounds in the Coli = 1 EXP

Perks:
Level 1: Dragon Dregs You can only prey on the weakest of the weak. Dragons purchased must be over-priced, hungry hatchlings.
Level 5: Full Belly You can now buy hatchlings with some kick to them. The hunger restriction is lifted.
Level 10: Move the Goods You’ve made some good connections now. You can buy dragons on the cheap.
Level 15: Oversized Load You can now buy any dragon on the auction house, even adults.

Legendary Artifacts
Cranial Horn Helm
This helm is said to grant a dragon true immortality so long as it is worn, but such a thing must come at a terrible price. The dragon who wears it can never die, and may always fight in the coliseum, but it’s injuries will never heal.
Gilded Crown
This delicate crown marks the dragon who wears it as a divine ruler. There’s no shortage of dragons who flock to even the harshest of environments to get the slightest of hopes to live under such a ruler. One dragon a day joins the clan (cheapest on the AH)
Cloudy Wings
Talismans made from living cloud that give off a sweet-smelling vapour that heals grievous wounds as soon as it comes into contact with them. The dragon wearing them cannot be wounded.
Scroll Case Sling
It’s said there’s a case that contains an infinite and random assortment of scrolls, but that’s ridiculous. Vessel Dragons may now be gened by hoard treasure.
Cog Frog
An early and rudimentary golem that’s quality of mind has yet to be attained in any of the newer ones. The survivors have intimate knowledge of the Golem Workshop. The dragon it bonds with and any accompanying dragons cannot be killed in the golem workshop. Waive death rules.
Golden Idol
The ultimate in good luck draws, this sentient golden statue is said to bring incredible wealth to any who possess it. Add 5,000 t from the hoard to the clan cache each day.
Skycat
While not rare in numbers, these cats hardly ever bond with a dragon. When they do, the bond is purer than any other a dragon can experience, and it’s said that taking the journey from wary to awakened can heal a dragon of all ills. Bonding chance is 1/500, rolled for each dragon in sequence, but when awakened will heal any injuries or disabilities, even inborn ones.
Bone Fiend
This small, elusive familiar is said to hold the secrets to reanimation and whisper them to dragons that earn their favour. If bonded with a dragon, that dragon can reanimate up to two dying dragons as minions. These dragons only die when their animator is killed.
Boolean
While it can only answer yes or no questions, it can answer any and all yes or no questions and will, if a dragon takes the time to learn the wasps language. If awakened by a dragon, that dragon becomes a seer. The seer no longer battles, but becomes a very important character.
Light Sprite
This tiny beacon of light is exceedingly shy, but brings good health to any clan that keeps it happy. If awakened by a dragon, halves the heal time of any injured dragon and adds a ½ death save to any dying dragon.

Participation Opportunities and Pinglist
There will be opportunity aplenty to participate and alter or benefit from the stories path. Role play is always welcome, and may be instigated through dragon post or right in the thread. If you’re not much for role play, but would still like to change the progression of the story in some way, you’re welcome to send items, dragons, or anything else you can think of with whatever level of detailing you’d like. As it’s my story, I ultimately get final say, but if a certain item is to be found or used on a certain dragon, that will always be honoured. The exception for this is genes and Vessel Dragons/Awakened Dragons. Naniel is free game, but the others are not.

If you’re not much one for changing the story and just want to read along, that’s fine too! I recommend leaving a comment, though, as everyone who interacts in some way is put on the list to receive the boon payments. To be eligible for a boon, a dragon has to reach lvl 25, so it’ll be a bit before any offerings are made, but anyone who comments or roleplays or gifts or critiques or anything at all will be put on the list below to be ran through the randomizer and picked to receive the payment.
3AMR8ax.gif
[center][b]The Fool's Deck[/b][/center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49600101][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/496002/49600101.png[/img][/url]
The Fool's Deck

49600101.png
3AMR8ax.gif
The Boneyard

None Yet
The Boneyard

None Yet
3AMR8ax.gif
Pinglist
Pinglist
3AMR8ax.gif
[center][b][u]Subquests[/u][/b] [i]The Self-Loathing Challenge[/i][/center] You've probably heard of the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2258365]Because You Hate Yourself[/url] challenge. This is that times five. All rules of the main challenge apply, except while grinding for eggs, brawler and mage exp doesn't strictly need to be counted. It won't be gained if it's not, but here we are. Notable drops won't be maintained other than eggs. [center][u]Training Fields[/u] [img]https://orig15.deviantart.net/f760/f/2016/222/7/d/egg_light_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-dadc9ko.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][/center] [columns]Egg 1 [indent]Type: Light Found By: Naniel, Incluse, Reef Date: April 4th, 2021[/indent] Egg 2 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] [nextcol]Egg 3 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] Egg 4 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent][nextcol] Egg 5 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] [/columns] [center][u]Woodland Path[/u] [img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][/center] [columns]Egg 1 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] Egg 2 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] [nextcol]Egg 3 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] Egg 4 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent][nextcol] Egg 5 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] [/columns] [center][u]Scorched Forest[/u] [img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][/center] [columns]Egg 1 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] Egg 2 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] [nextcol]Egg 3 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] Egg 4 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent][nextcol] Egg 5 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] [/columns] [center][u]Sandswept Delta[/u] [img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][/center] [columns]Egg 1 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] Egg 2 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] [nextcol]Egg 3 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] Egg 4 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent][nextcol] Egg 5 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] [/columns] [center][u]Blooming Grove[/u] [img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][/center] [columns]Egg 1 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] Egg 2 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] [nextcol]Egg 3 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] Egg 4 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent][nextcol] Egg 5 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] [/columns] [center][u]Forgotten Cave[/u] [img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][/center] [columns]Egg 1 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] Egg 2 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] [nextcol]Egg 3 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] Egg 4 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent][nextcol] Egg 5 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] [/columns] [center][u]Bamboo Falls[/u] [img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][/center] [columns]Egg 1 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] Egg 2 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] [nextcol]Egg 3 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] Egg 4 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent][nextcol] Egg 5 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] [/columns] [center][u]Thunderhead Savanna[/u] [img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][/center] [columns]Egg 1 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] Egg 2 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] [nextcol]Egg 3 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] Egg 4 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent][nextcol] Egg 5 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] [/columns] [center][u]Redrock Cove[/u] [img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][/center] [columns]Egg 1 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] Egg 2 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] [nextcol]Egg 3 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] Egg 4 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent][nextcol] Egg 5 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] [/columns] [center][u]Waterway[/u] [img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][/center] [columns]Egg 1 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] Egg 2 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] [nextcol]Egg 3 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] Egg 4 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent][nextcol] Egg 5 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] [/columns] [center][u]Arena[/u] [img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][/center] [columns]Egg 1 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] Egg 2 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] [nextcol]Egg 3 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] Egg 4 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent][nextcol] Egg 5 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] [/columns] [center][u]Volcanic Vents[/u] [img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][/center] [columns]Egg 1 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] Egg 2 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] [nextcol]Egg 3 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] Egg 4 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent][nextcol] Egg 5 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] [/columns] [center][u]Rainsong Jungle[/u] [img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][/center] [columns]Egg 1 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] Egg 2 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] [nextcol]Egg 3 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] Egg 4 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent][nextcol] Egg 5 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] [/columns] [center][u]Boreal Woods[/u] [img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][/center] [columns]Egg 1 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] Egg 2 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] [nextcol]Egg 3 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] Egg 4 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent][nextcol] Egg 5 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] [/columns] [center][u]Crystal Pools[/u] [img]https://orig15.deviantart.net/f760/f/2016/222/7/d/egg_light_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-dadc9ko.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][/center] [columns]Egg 1 [indent]Type: Light Found By: Incluse, Naniel, Sprocket Date: 5/23/2021[/indent] Egg 2 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] [nextcol]Egg 3 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] Egg 4 [indent]Type: Found/ By: Date: [/indent][nextcol] Egg [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] [/columns] [center][u]Harpy's Roost[/u] [img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][/center] [columns]Egg 1 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] Egg 2 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] [nextcol]Egg 3 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] Egg 4 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent][nextcol] Egg 5 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] [/columns] [center][u]Ghostlight Ruins[/u] [img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][/center] [columns]Egg 1 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] Egg 2 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] [nextcol]Egg 3 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] Egg 4 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent][nextcol] Egg 5 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] [/columns] [center][u]Mire[/u] [img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][/center] [columns]Egg 1 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] Egg 2 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] [nextcol]Egg 3 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] Egg 4 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent][nextcol] Egg 5 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] [/columns] [center][u]Kelp Beds[/u] [img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][/center] [columns]Egg 1 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] Egg 2 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] [nextcol]Egg 3 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] Egg 4 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent][nextcol] Egg 5 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] [/columns] [center][u]Golem Workshop[/u] [img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][/center] [columns]Egg 1 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] Egg 2 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] [nextcol]Egg 3 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] Egg 4 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent][nextcol] Egg 5 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] [/columns] [center][u]Forbidden Portal[/u] [img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9gVH87r.gif[/img][/center] [columns]Egg 1 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] Egg 2 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] [nextcol]Egg 3 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] Egg 4 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent][nextcol] Egg 5 [indent]Type: Found By: Date: [/indent] [/columns]
Subquests

The Self-Loathing Challenge
You've probably heard of the Because You Hate Yourself challenge. This is that times five. All rules of the main challenge apply, except while grinding for eggs, brawler and mage exp doesn't strictly need to be counted. It won't be gained if it's not, but here we are. Notable drops won't be maintained other than eggs.
Training Fields

egg_light_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-dadc9ko.gif9gVH87r.gif9gVH87r.gif9gVH87r.gif9gVH87r.gif
Egg 1
Type: Light
Found By: Naniel, Incluse, Reef
Date: April 4th, 2021
Egg 2
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 3
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 4
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 5
Type:
Found By:
Date:

Woodland Path

9gVH87r.gif9gVH87r.gif9gVH87r.gif9gVH87r.gif9gVH87r.gif
Egg 1
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 2
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 3
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 4
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 5
Type:
Found By:
Date:

Scorched Forest

Egg 1
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 2
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 3
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 4
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 5
Type:
Found By:
Date:

Sandswept Delta

Egg 1
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 2
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 3
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 4
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 5
Type:
Found By:
Date:

Blooming Grove

Egg 1
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 2
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 3
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 4
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 5
Type:
Found By:
Date:

Forgotten Cave

Egg 1
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 2
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 3
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 4
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 5
Type:
Found By:
Date:

Bamboo Falls

Egg 1
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 2
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 3
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 4
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 5
Type:
Found By:
Date:

Thunderhead Savanna

Egg 1
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 2
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 3
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 4
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 5
Type:
Found By:
Date:

Redrock Cove

Egg 1
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 2
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 3
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 4
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 5
Type:
Found By:
Date:

Waterway

Egg 1
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 2
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 3
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 4
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 5
Type:
Found By:
Date:

Arena

Egg 1
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 2
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 3
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 4
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 5
Type:
Found By:
Date:

Volcanic Vents

Egg 1
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 2
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 3
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 4
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 5
Type:
Found By:
Date:

Rainsong Jungle

Egg 1
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 2
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 3
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 4
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 5
Type:
Found By:
Date:

Boreal Woods

Egg 1
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 2
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 3
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 4
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 5
Type:
Found By:
Date:

Crystal Pools

egg_light_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-dadc9ko.gif9gVH87r.gif9gVH87r.gif9gVH87r.gif9gVH87r.gif
Egg 1
Type: Light
Found By: Incluse, Naniel, Sprocket
Date: 5/23/2021
Egg 2
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 3
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 4
Type:
Found/ By:
Date:
Egg
Type:
Found By:
Date:

Harpy's Roost

Egg 1
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 2
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 3
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 4
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 5
Type:
Found By:
Date:

Ghostlight Ruins

Egg 1
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 2
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 3
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 4
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 5
Type:
Found By:
Date:

Mire

Egg 1
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 2
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 3
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 4
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 5
Type:
Found By:
Date:

Kelp Beds

Egg 1
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 2
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 3
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 4
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 5
Type:
Found By:
Date:

Golem Workshop

Egg 1
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 2
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 3
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 4
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 5
Type:
Found By:
Date:

Forbidden Portal

Egg 1
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 2
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 3
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 4
Type:
Found By:
Date:
Egg 5
Type:
Found By:
Date:

3AMR8ax.gif
Reserved
Reserved
3AMR8ax.gif
Reserved
Reserved
3AMR8ax.gif
[center][b]Facere Magicae ::: [i]magnificum in finem[/i][/b][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49600101] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/496002/49600101_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] So it begins. The last vestiges of the clan that previously called this lair home are lingering still, but they can barely move. Their breathing shakes. They can no longer stand to fight. For all the superior strength of a fully trained warrior, they still succumbed to Vepar's parasites. It's taken a while, months, for them to all fall. They tore each other to shreds in the beginning, but as their numbers dwindled and the parasites wormed their way through their organs and muscles, they grew ever weaker. Silently, I've been cleaning up their mess, waiting for the worms to die in a corpse then slicing chunks out of them and dragging them away from the lair. The relatively small size of this form makes the work hard, but also allows me to hide easily from the frenzy. The last three have held on long enough that I've been able to clear out the corpses. I was able to steal away a couple of eggs and put them into hibernation from their broods. Many of the others fell to their own in fighting, but I made sure the others were conveniently smashed as well. With the meager amount of food I've been able to scrounge up on my own, I only had the energy to perform the ritual on two eggs anyways. The first hatched a few days ago, and I kept him well hidden, even though the threats have nearly passed. The second hatched today. He's lame, but his mind is sharp and he's already showing signs of strong magical tendencies. I've named them Incluse and Reef respectively. Incluse is old enough to start learning to fight. He's strong already; stronger than me, by far. We've started to carefully walk the edges of the training fields, picking off lone miths when they venture near enough. I think Incluse will make a good guardian for our eggs. Reef is still young, but I've already started training him on the rituals that must be preformed over the eggs to bind them to the hive. He's taken to them remarkably well. Really, it's a bit of pleasant fate. I don't think I could have chosen better dragons for these positions, and they're what I most needed filled to grow the clan. Reef may prove to be a decent mate. Incluse may have been a better prospect, but unfortunately it's quickly becoming clear that the so-called Pearlcatcher breed is far larger than my own. Time will tell on Reef, I suppose, but he's a far smaller hatchling, so my hopes are high. It does very much seem like the easiest way to gain more fodder for this venture will be to lay the eggs myself. I've tucked Reef away with some scrolls I saved from the previous hoard. Incluse and I are going to go scrounge up what we can. [right][i]--- Naniel[/i][/right]
Facere Magicae ::: magnificum in finem
So it begins. The last vestiges of the clan that previously called this lair home are lingering still, but they can barely move. Their breathing shakes. They can no longer stand to fight. For all the superior strength of a fully trained warrior, they still succumbed to Vepar's parasites.

It's taken a while, months, for them to all fall. They tore each other to shreds in the beginning, but as their numbers dwindled and the parasites wormed their way through their organs and muscles, they grew ever weaker. Silently, I've been cleaning up their mess, waiting for the worms to die in a corpse then slicing chunks out of them and dragging them away from the lair. The relatively small size of this form makes the work hard, but also allows me to hide easily from the frenzy. The last three have held on long enough that I've been able to clear out the corpses. I was able to steal away a couple of eggs and put them into hibernation from their broods. Many of the others fell to their own in fighting, but I made sure the others were conveniently smashed as well. With the meager amount of food I've been able to scrounge up on my own, I only had the energy to perform the ritual on two eggs anyways.

The first hatched a few days ago, and I kept him well hidden, even though the threats have nearly passed. The second hatched today. He's lame, but his mind is sharp and he's already showing signs of strong magical tendencies. I've named them Incluse and Reef respectively.

Incluse is old enough to start learning to fight. He's strong already; stronger than me, by far. We've started to carefully walk the edges of the training fields, picking off lone miths when they venture near enough. I think Incluse will make a good guardian for our eggs. Reef is still young, but I've already started training him on the rituals that must be preformed over the eggs to bind them to the hive. He's taken to them remarkably well. Really, it's a bit of pleasant fate. I don't think I could have chosen better dragons for these positions, and they're what I most needed filled to grow the clan. Reef may prove to be a decent mate. Incluse may have been a better prospect, but unfortunately it's quickly becoming clear that the so-called Pearlcatcher breed is far larger than my own. Time will tell on Reef, I suppose, but he's a far smaller hatchling, so my hopes are high. It does very much seem like the easiest way to gain more fodder for this venture will be to lay the eggs myself.

I've tucked Reef away with some scrolls I saved from the previous hoard. Incluse and I are going to go scrounge up what we can.
--- Naniel
3AMR8ax.gif
[center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49600101] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/496002/49600101_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Reef has grown into himself. Incluse and I have taken him out to try and teach him how to fight, but he's... not learning well, to say the least. Perhaps it's because he can only use magic and the two of us are more physical. Still, he's slowly figuring things out under our supervision, even if we're not of much aid to his actual education. We've also... ahm... copulated, since he's come of age. I'm not sure which one of us was more awkward. His youth is obvious, but he was eager to consent. I'm still not used to this form, though, so it took some doing to figure out. I did fall gravid, though, and today I've laid my first egg. The experience was bizarre. I was doing some book keeping on what we've been able to scavenge in the training fields as we worked with Reef and I felt it slip down inside me. From there, I entered a trance-like state, in which every memory is foggy and slow, like drowning in honey. When I was fully myself again, I was tucking into one of out designated nesting areas wrapped around a large, translucent, green egg. Judging by the nests I broke so many months ago, one is not the maximum number of eggs I can lay at once, but it's a start. We'll see if the hatchling is well when it's born. Reef's natural propensity for magic is indeed very well suited for the rituals. We performed them together over our egg. The voracity in which he's listened to my tales and instructions insured he needed little help. While we rest in our cavernous home, Reef spends his time tending the egg and Incluse guards them. The larger dragon is protective of us; he also sees us as weak. Perhaps I'm wrong about that, though. Time will tell. [right]--- Naniel[/right]

Reef has grown into himself. Incluse and I have taken him out to try and teach him how to fight, but he's... not learning well, to say the least. Perhaps it's because he can only use magic and the two of us are more physical. Still, he's slowly figuring things out under our supervision, even if we're not of much aid to his actual education.

We've also... ahm... copulated, since he's come of age. I'm not sure which one of us was more awkward. His youth is obvious, but he was eager to consent. I'm still not used to this form, though, so it took some doing to figure out. I did fall gravid, though, and today I've laid my first egg.

The experience was bizarre. I was doing some book keeping on what we've been able to scavenge in the training fields as we worked with Reef and I felt it slip down inside me. From there, I entered a trance-like state, in which every memory is foggy and slow, like drowning in honey. When I was fully myself again, I was tucking into one of out designated nesting areas wrapped around a large, translucent, green egg.

Judging by the nests I broke so many months ago, one is not the maximum number of eggs I can lay at once, but it's a start. We'll see if the hatchling is well when it's born. Reef's natural propensity for magic is indeed very well suited for the rituals. We performed them together over our egg. The voracity in which he's listened to my tales and instructions insured he needed little help.

While we rest in our cavernous home, Reef spends his time tending the egg and Incluse guards them. The larger dragon is protective of us; he also sees us as weak. Perhaps I'm wrong about that, though. Time will tell.
--- Naniel
3AMR8ax.gif
1 2