Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [BSJ] Design Your Own Light Rep
1 2 ... 51 52 53 54 55 ... 72 73
[quote]Challenge #4: Choose a familiar as a companion for the dragon and describe their relationship![/quote] [columns]His familiar would be a Citrine Cave Jewel! In particular, a very shy little lizard by the name of Lemon. She likes to scurry underfoot while Rayleigh travels during the daytime or in well-lit areas, sticking to the shadows cast by the much larger dragon. At night and amidst the perpetual gloom of the Tangled Wood, however, Citrine's bioluminescence often lights the way for both of them, helping Rayleigh navigate the dark paths almost as easily as a Shadow dragon. The two of them are good friends, always in one another's company. She is a skittish companion in the company of others, but when alone she is extremely affectionate and fond of curling up on Rayleigh's back to snuggle. [item=Citrine Cave Jewel] [nextcol] [img]http://i.imgur.com/Zk0fnSv.png[/img] [/columns]
Quote:
Challenge #4: Choose a familiar as a companion for the dragon and describe their relationship!
His familiar would be a Citrine Cave Jewel! In particular, a very shy little lizard by the name of Lemon. She likes to scurry underfoot while Rayleigh travels during the daytime or in well-lit areas, sticking to the shadows cast by the much larger dragon.

At night and amidst the perpetual gloom of the Tangled Wood, however, Citrine's bioluminescence often lights the way for both of them, helping Rayleigh navigate the dark paths almost as easily as a Shadow dragon.

The two of them are good friends, always in one another's company. She is a skittish companion in the company of others, but when alone she is extremely affectionate and fond of curling up on Rayleigh's back to snuggle.

Citrine Cave Jewel
Zk0fnSv.png
tumblr_pb9uos9TFI1v64nmoo2_r1_400.png ________________

Ray / FR+3
Wishlist
WvWDaily7.png
[img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/592.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=140&bodygene=17&breed=12&element=8&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=43&tertgene=11&winggene=20&wings=84&auth=52568e52bad568d1d24156944ab99f2f87db0b00&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Mika and Skoll have more of a tense relationship than one might originally think. With Skoll's desire to devour the sun, it's sometimes hard for Mika to talk some sense into him. After all, without the sun, we would be not only covered in darkness, but with no life. Mika understands this importance of light, but Skoll does not. Either way, they both have a passion for light, and make great companions. And when Skoll is hungry, Mika just has to go down to the Light Bakery and buy the best hot light pastries he can find. Maybe one day Mika will find a treat that can substitute Skoll's desire for the sun, but right now, Skoll's just going to have to settle for cupcakes.
592.png

dragon?age=1&body=140&bodygene=17&breed=12&element=8&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=43&tertgene=11&winggene=20&wings=84&auth=52568e52bad568d1d24156944ab99f2f87db0b00&dummyext=prev.png

Mika and Skoll have more of a tense relationship than one might originally think. With Skoll's desire to devour the sun, it's sometimes hard for Mika to talk some sense into him. After all, without the sun, we would be not only covered in darkness, but with no life. Mika understands this importance of light, but Skoll does not. Either way, they both have a passion for light, and make great companions. And when Skoll is hungry, Mika just has to go down to the Light Bakery and buy the best hot light pastries he can find. Maybe one day Mika will find a treat that can substitute Skoll's desire for the sun, but right now, Skoll's just going to have to settle for cupcakes.
qVhWRny.png
i collect sprites! my water ambassador has a water sprite, and as such my light ambassador would have a light sprite! [item=light sprite] getting the 500 dollars worth of gems for one certainly is no easy feat, but i definitely see it being something i do in the future ;) i have never given much thought to the relationship between my dragons and their familiars, but i would imagine that while the ambassador is on the ground participating in every-day clan dealings, the light sprite would do smaller tasks to ensure that the ambassador is always on top of their duties by performing deliveries (of both messages and small objects) that the ambassador doesn't have the time to complete. i imagine that my ambassador would be very appreciative and would show that to the sprite often in the form of treats :)
i collect sprites! my water ambassador has a water sprite, and as such my light ambassador would have a light sprite!

Light Sprite

getting the 500 dollars worth of gems for one certainly is no easy feat, but i definitely see it being something i do in the future ;)

i have never given much thought to the relationship between my dragons and their familiars, but i would imagine that while the ambassador is on the ground participating in every-day clan dealings, the light sprite would do smaller tasks to ensure that the ambassador is always on top of their duties by performing deliveries (of both messages and small objects) that the ambassador doesn't have the time to complete. i imagine that my ambassador would be very appreciative and would show that to the sprite often in the form of treats :)
fZVmdhk.png
[center][columns][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/d7e3/f/2018/177/f/1/dragon__1__by_astronerd_n7-dcfimoz.png[/img][nextcol][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/4962/f/2018/178/4/7/skoll_by_astronerd_n7-dcfmkly.png[/img] [/center][/columns] ----- [item=Sköll]It is known in Norse myth that Sköll chases the sun and seeks to devour it. Be that myth or reality, only Ishan knows. During one of his expeditions in the Hewn City he got separated from his group he was supposed to be protecting. In response to this, Ishan decided to risk being detected by any unknown creatures and used his paladin abilities to brighten himself physically. He then began wandering. Ishan ventured further into the ruins, hearing the low thumping of paws. He waited, they got louder and louder. [i]Thump, thump, thump.[/i] Ishan drew his rapier, ready for a fight. A few moments later he saw the reflection of eyes from his own light, saw the glistening shining teeth, heard the low rumble of a threatening growl. As it stepped closer he saw the shimmering gold fur, moving ever so slightly in the shifting breeze. They stood at a stand off. Waiting. Watching. Sköll may have had the purpose to devour a star. But instead he found Ishan. Though it was rocky companionship in the beginning, the two slowly began to trust one another. Wherever Ishan went, Sköll was not very far behind. The two protected each other and their charges during the research expeditions and when it was time for Ishan to travel to the neighboring shadowed darkness, Sköll followed. Now the two lead each other through the darkness, guiding each other closer to their goal. Whatever, and wherever that may be.
dragon__1__by_astronerd_n7-dcfimoz.png skoll_by_astronerd_n7-dcfmkly.png

It is known in Norse myth that Sköll chases the sun and seeks to devour it. Be that myth or reality, only Ishan knows. During one of his expeditions in the Hewn City he got separated from his group he was supposed to be protecting. In response to this, Ishan decided to risk being detected by any unknown creatures and used his paladin abilities to brighten himself physically. He then began wandering.
Ishan ventured further into the ruins, hearing the low thumping of paws. He waited, they got louder and louder. Thump, thump, thump. Ishan drew his rapier, ready for a fight. A few moments later he saw the reflection of eyes from his own light, saw the glistening shining teeth, heard the low rumble of a threatening growl. As it stepped closer he saw the shimmering gold fur, moving ever so slightly in the shifting breeze. They stood at a stand off. Waiting. Watching.
Sköll may have had the purpose to devour a star. But instead he found Ishan. Though it was rocky companionship in the beginning, the two slowly began to trust one another. Wherever Ishan went, Sköll was not very far behind. The two protected each other and their charges during the research expeditions and when it was time for Ishan to travel to the neighboring shadowed darkness, Sköll followed. Now the two lead each other through the darkness, guiding each other closer to their goal. Whatever, and wherever that may be.
aiOZGas.png
I'm 3 hours ahead of FR time.(EST)
shadow_them.gif
vbbaTA.png
hmm I think Ensorcelled Volume! I think this would be a familiar that would get along well with Helel and teach him a lot :D Plus the six wings are like a seraphim has. <3 I imagine the two of them discussing the semantics of preparing certain potion ingredients etc because as a magical book the Ensorcelled Volume must know a variety of things. [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/15282.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/I0c5NPP.jpg[/img]
hmm I think Ensorcelled Volume! I think this would be a familiar that would get along well with Helel and teach him a lot :D Plus the six wings are like a seraphim has. <3
I imagine the two of them discussing the semantics of preparing certain potion ingredients etc because as a magical book the Ensorcelled Volume must know a variety of things.

15282.png

I0c5NPP.jpg
NFJCNCS.gif UBaiWUV.png
bYt72YT.png
rUoKR6y.png
YMPbu9R.png
BY1bl09.png ZFAfDzf.png eVSz2yG.png
@Vhou You could cheat and just rightclick the icon and copy image address? Wouldn't give the tooltip but at least you'd have the picture
@Vhou You could cheat and just rightclick the icon and copy image address? Wouldn't give the tooltip but at least you'd have the picture
cloudbear familiar adopt (links to free resource)why does align right not work fit fit fit fit fit okHobbes dragon plushie (links to breeding pairs)
[item=spirit of light] A lot of the Light familiars would work but I feel that the Spirit of Light suits Helios the best. The small spirit was attracted to the light reflecting off of Helios's wings and halo and approached him curiously while Helios was napping. Helios immediately became attached to the small spirit and let him ride on his back while flying. Helios fits into the role of the protective older brother to the small spirit and likes to ask for the little guy's advice, which often ends up with them in the strangest and most random situations. The spirit often takes advantage of the little brother role to cause mischief for Helios, one time even dying his sundrapes bright pink for a week. The spirit has a very optimistic and energetic attitude and is someone that Helios genuinely enjoys being around.
Spirit of Light

A lot of the Light familiars would work but I feel that the Spirit of Light suits Helios the best. The small spirit was attracted to the light reflecting off of Helios's wings and halo and approached him curiously while Helios was napping. Helios immediately became attached to the small spirit and let him ride on his back while flying. Helios fits into the role of the protective older brother to the small spirit and likes to ask for the little guy's advice, which often ends up with them in the strangest and most random situations. The spirit often takes advantage of the little brother role to cause mischief for Helios, one time even dying his sundrapes bright pink for a week.
The spirit has a very optimistic and energetic attitude and is someone that Helios genuinely enjoys being around.
0jTX3am.gifsig_by_cas_a_fras-db0ohro.pngcmtI1YU.png
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/eEGfB3W.png[/img][item=Golden Featherfin] [img]https://i.imgur.com/NrccHym.png[/img] [size=4][font=times]I have chosen the Golden Featherfin as Luciano's companion. I like to match familiars to dragons, and originally wanted to find something as orange and feathery as my scry, but didn't find anything. The closest thing was, surprisingly, this fish. Now, I don't know much about the personality of fish, but I can imagine Luciano as sophisticated and wise. I can see the Golden Featherfin being forgetful (the stereotype of goldfish) and that irks the Light rep. He's an important ambassador and this annoying, haughty fish is just getting in his way. Oh yes, the Featherfin has a big ego, when they can remember why, that is (something about granting wishes?) It seems like this pair is doomed to mutual irritation, but over time, they adjust and slowly accept each other's flaws. The Golden Featherfin gets Luciano to admit he's a bit too uptight and gets him to loosen up; the Light rep helps the fish get organized. (Not entirely sure what got organized, but I'm not one to get into fish business.) [/font][/size][/center]
eEGfB3W.png Golden Featherfin
NrccHym.png

I have chosen the Golden Featherfin as Luciano's companion. I like to match familiars to dragons, and originally wanted to find something as orange and feathery as my scry, but didn't find anything. The closest thing was, surprisingly, this fish.

Now, I don't know much about the personality of fish, but I can imagine Luciano as sophisticated and wise. I can see the Golden Featherfin being forgetful (the stereotype of goldfish) and that irks the Light rep. He's an important ambassador and this annoying, haughty fish is just getting in his way. Oh yes, the Featherfin has a big ego, when they can remember why, that is (something about granting wishes?)

It seems like this pair is doomed to mutual irritation, but over time, they adjust and slowly accept each other's flaws. The Golden Featherfin gets Luciano to admit he's a bit too uptight and gets him to loosen up; the Light rep helps the fish get organized. (Not entirely sure what got organized, but I'm not one to get into fish business.)
Gsc8y3C.png
[img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=140&bodygene=21&breed=4&element=8&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=43&tertgene=10&winggene=1&wings=84&auth=1bcc41944179fcc59b4a12535a8e023902b43844&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [Item=Spirit of Light] Golaucariwr would be most attracted to the Spirit of Light. He feels he deserves it at a Representative of Light, and would not hesitate to begin bonding with it immediately. Privately, he hopes to live up to his duties and relies on the Spirit to help him, and to help him commune with the Lightweaver. Golaucariwr knows that he tends to be rather serious, and well...haughty. He hopes the Spirit will bring out more of his fun, glitter bombing, side.
dragon?age=1&body=140&bodygene=21&breed=4&element=8&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=43&tertgene=10&winggene=1&wings=84&auth=1bcc41944179fcc59b4a12535a8e023902b43844&dummyext=prev.png

Spirit of Light

Golaucariwr would be most attracted to the Spirit of Light. He feels he deserves it at a Representative of Light, and would not hesitate to begin bonding with it immediately. Privately, he hopes to live up to his duties and relies on the Spirit to help him, and to help him commune with the Lightweaver. Golaucariwr knows that he tends to be rather serious, and well...haughty. He hopes the Spirit will bring out more of his fun, glitter bombing, side.
bR6NXdJ2_o.pnga snow covered lantern with the words 'FR SSE 2023' to its rightInk wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push.wo7deo1a_o.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/IxpZQJy.png[/img] [item=Golden Kitsune] [i]"A shining gold fox that will only deign to accompany the wealthiest of dragons."[/i] C'mon, what better familiar for my fancy boy than a fancy fox? Their colours match, the description matches my idea for him, it's perfect! If I had to give it a name I'd choose Elio, simply because that was the other name choice I had for Aelius, so it's perfect here.[/center]
IxpZQJy.png
Golden Kitsune
"A shining gold fox that will only deign to accompany
the wealthiest of dragons."

C'mon, what better familiar for my fancy boy than a fancy fox? Their colours match, the description matches my idea for him, it's perfect! If I had to give it a name I'd choose Elio, simply because that was the other name choice I had for Aelius, so it's perfect here.
scuz me, what u
doin?
gems_badge_100.png
My mama's better than yours!
treasure_badge_100.png nosy, aren't ya?
1 2 ... 51 52 53 54 55 ... 72 73